PDA

View Full Version : Which Heat role-players have the heart of a champion?

JC_
06-11-2012, 01:43 AM
There are the stars who have a winning mentality like Shaq, Kobe, Jordan, Pippen, Duncan, Tony Parker, Garnett, Ray Allen etc and there are guys like Derek Fisher who might not be as good but they step up at big moments.

Heat are about to play in the finals, who do you think will step up and play like a champion? and if they lose, who do you want to stick around to try again next year?

JC_
06-11-2012, 01:51 AM
Personally, after last series I think Battier is huge for this team. The guy brings a certain maturity to the team and I think it's rubbing off on other guys. I don't know if I'd count on him 100% to make a 3 with 5 seconds left but his defensive intensity is championship caliber imo.

Another guy is Chris Bosh. Anyone who comes back from even a short-term injury and plays the way he did is mentally strong as hell.

2 other notables are Chalmers and Haslem. Neither of those guys are ideal but they still have the ability to come up big when needed.

Wade>You
06-11-2012, 01:53 AM
Personally, I don't consider Bosh a role player.

I'd say Chalmers, Haslem, and Miller.

Battier has the heart, but not the capability of a champion.

No other role player on this team gets considerable playing time in the POs to determine whether they have the heart of a champion.

JC_
06-11-2012, 03:08 AM

Yeah, I don't really either. I think I just through him in there because a lot of people undervalue him at different times and he's shown the pressure doesn't really effect him.

DQL
06-11-2012, 03:58 AM
Haslem and Battier. those guys are the ultimate role players of the NBA. they will do every little thing to win. so glad to have them on the team.

Cano4prez
06-11-2012, 04:19 AM

I'd say Chalmers, Haslem, and Miller.

Battier has the heart, but not the capability of a champion.

No other role player on this team gets considerable playing time in the POs to determine whether they have the heart of a champion.

Why do you hate Battier so much?

Wade>You
06-11-2012, 04:39 AM
Yeah, I don't really either. I think I just through him in there because a lot of people undervalue him at different times and he's shown the pressure doesn't really effect him.Yeah, no doubt. I don't care what people think about our players. If I did, I'd swear I was rooting for a team that barely squeezed in the POs.

True Heat fans know the value of our players and what they bring to our team.

Why do you hate Battier so much?If you have any consideration for the OP and the people viewing this thread, you'll understand why I won't answer your off-topic question.

YungDaSensai
06-11-2012, 09:12 AM
Mario Chalmers is the only one IMO

Slug3
06-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Mario seems to always step up in big games.

justinnum1
06-11-2012, 11:04 AM

He doesn't understand or appreciate what battier brings to this team.

HeatCheck69
06-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Rio and Haslem, Battier will be awesome this series too

AllBall
06-11-2012, 03:36 PM

All everyone cares about is offense, as if the Big 3 aren't enough damn offense. :rolleyes:

Wade>You
06-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Dear JC: I'm apologizing on behalf of others who will not apologize for derailing your thread. I did my best to defuse the situation, but apparently that fell upon deaf ears.

It's moments like these that define us as a poster. People say I'm the bad guy, well, I hope you see for yourself what I have to deal with on a day-to-day basis and how it ruins the forums for everyone else.

JC_
06-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Dear JC: I'm apologizing on behalf of others who will not apologize for derailing your thread. I did my best to defuse the situation, but apparently that fell upon deaf ears.

It's moments like these that define us as a poster. People say I'm the bad guy, well, I hope you see for yourself what I have to deal with on a day-to-day basis and how it ruins the forums for everyone else.

lol I hope you are being sarcastic. People disagreeing with you about Battier is part of the discussion.

Wade>You
06-11-2012, 07:09 PM
lol I hope you are being sarcastic. People disagreeing with you about Battier is part of the discussion.I thought the topic of the thread was "Which Heat role-players have the heart of a champion?," not "Why does Wade>You hate Battier so much?."

Disregard the apology.

Underdogz∞
06-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Joel Anthony!

flashwade03
06-11-2012, 08:42 PM
shane battier has been huge through out the playoffs ! along with haslem and miller !

theheatles
06-11-2012, 09:29 PM
well Haslem and Wade have won an NBA title...Battier and Chalmers both won NCAA titles...and outside of them along with LeBron and Bosh, i suppose I trust James Jones the most

...and James Jones is due for like a 5-6 3 pt night

naps
06-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Haslem.

I wish Chalmers would realize how awesome he is when he attacks rim. Too bad most of the times he thinks he's just a spot up shooter. Chalmers has the ability to break through a defensive wall and finish, just like Wade. We always tend to have a run when Mario does it but I don't know why he doesn't attack as much as he should. May be coaching stuff should instruct him to do it more often :confused:

EDITl: I just realized I said something the coaching stuff need to do! Forgot for a moment that nothing can be said about our coach in this forum :rolleyes:

justinnum1
06-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Haslem.

I wish Chalmers would realize how awesome he is when he attacks rim. Too bad most of the times he thinks he's just a spot up shooter. Chalmers has the ability to break through a defensive wall and finish, just like Wade. We always tend to have a run when Mario does it but I don't know why he doesn't attack as much as he should. May be coaching stuff should instruct him to do it more often :confused:

EDITl: I just realized I said something the coaching stuff need to do! Forgot for a moment that nothing can be said about our coach in this forum :rolleyes:

I love when rio attacks the rim. Doesn't do it enough.

MadBomber
06-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Chalmers and Haslem