PDA

View Full Version : If you were a GM, what would you trade for the #2 pick?

superior
06-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Please be realistic

black1605
06-10-2012, 11:10 AM
This should be good.

GoPacers33
06-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Package #2 & 10 for a superstar to pair up with Kemba

black1605
06-10-2012, 11:29 AM

Bobcats don't have the tenth pick.

superior
06-10-2012, 11:34 AM

??? you're missing the point of the thread and youre missing knowledge of which draft picks the bobcats have.

kingkenny01
06-10-2012, 11:36 AM
After Davis
1. MKG 2. Thomas Robinson 3. Beals

Distance 4.drummond way to risky

kingkenny01
06-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Not worth trading

xxplayerxx23
06-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Jordan seems like he doesnt want to wait to rebuild if someone offers a big name he might take it I think he should draft beal. I love his game

BCpatsox18
06-10-2012, 11:45 AM
you say jordan wants a big name, would you take paul pierce, juwan johnson, 21, 22, and a future lottery protected first for #2 and tyrus thomas?

black1605
06-10-2012, 11:47 AM
you say jordan wants a big name, would you take paul pierce, juwan johnson, 21, 22, and a future lottery protected first for #2 and tyrus thomas?

I think the idea is to get a young player who still has potential, and isn't already getting paid like Pierce.

Plus, I would feel bad for Pierce to play his whole career in Boston, then get sent to Charlotte in full rebuild mode at the end of his career.

xxplayerxx23
06-10-2012, 11:48 AM

Thats what I read that Jordan wants a star, Me personally No way I take that, Pierce is up there isnt a Superstar, 21,22 is too deep down IMO if it was rondo plus 21,22 I would think he would consider it

Hellcrooner
06-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Bynum for pick, augustine and salary filler.

superior
06-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Thats what I read that Jordan wants a star, Me personally No way I take that, Pierce is up there isnt a Superstar, 21,22 is too deep down IMO if it was rondo plus 21,22 I would think he would consider it

we wouldnt trade the 2nd pick for a position we just drafted our future pg in kemba, our future 4 is biyombo, our strongest need is a center, if ANY deal involving bynum was offered wthout losing kemba or biyombo, id take it, but if im being honest, id trade anything we have for bynum, i wonder what lakers fans think about some deal involving bynum for the 2nd pick?

xxplayerxx23
06-10-2012, 11:54 AM

You would trade bynum? why, Guys an animal and young

xxplayerxx23
06-10-2012, 11:55 AM
we wouldnt trade the 2nd pick for a position we just drafted our future pg in kemba, our future 4 is biyombo, our strongest need is a center, if ANY deal involving bynum was offered wthout losing kemba or biyombo, id take it, but if im being honest, id trade anything we have for bynum, i wonder what lakers fans think about some deal involving bynum for the 2nd pick?

kemba is more of a 2 guard, Put him next to rondo that would be nice, not saying that would even happen but I think jordan would consider that

superior
06-10-2012, 11:55 AM

:cheers:

DEAL!

Hellcrooner
06-10-2012, 12:02 PM

suspicious knees, no effort, spoiled.

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-10-2012, 12:45 PM

I wouldn't only for the #1 pick and Bynum is only an animal when he wants to be when he doesn't he isn't even a top 10 center!
I'd trade gasol for the #2 and augustin though

ManRam
06-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Dwight Howard :shrug:

Lab Rat Robby
06-10-2012, 12:58 PM
steph curry, tyreke evans, or rudy gay. curry might not work with kemba but i think he could play undersized sg. he's too injury prone. also the name curry fits in charlotte. evans needs to reboot with a switch to sg/sf. gay seems on the outs in memphis, maybe too expensive. 2 overall on warriors kings or grizz sounds like a good way to make a run at the thunder next year.

NoahH
06-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Rudy Gay for the #2 Pick

steph curry, tyreke evans, or rudy gay. curry might not work with kemba but i think he could play undersized sg. he's too injury prone. also the name curry fits in charlotte. evans needs to reboot with a switch to sg/sf. gay seems on the outs in memphis, maybe too expensive. 2 overall on warriors kings or grizz sounds like a good way to make a run at the thunder next year.

Ew don't end Curry to Charlotte, I don't want to have to get a Bobcats jersey

GoPacers33
06-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Bobcats don't have the tenth pick.

:facepalm: my bad I keep getting them and the Hornets confused about what picks they have

Hawkeye15
06-10-2012, 02:27 PM
trade Tyrus Thomas, #2, for Derrick Williams, #18.

black1605
06-10-2012, 02:51 PM
trade Tyrus Thomas, #2, for Derrick Williams, #18.

Getting closer, but I still don't think that would be enough to get it done.

KingOfSanJose
06-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Would you take the #7 #30 #35 and #52 picks with the expiring contract of dorell wright?

black1605
06-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Me personally, hell no.

Hawkeye15
06-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Getting closer, but I still don't think that would be enough to get it done.

How about Luke Ridnour as well, to be a vet mentor to Kemba and DJ?

Jint.
06-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Toney Douglas and a Tuna Melt

xabial
06-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Another Bobcat Fan already Agreed To This. Third Time, I psoted this trade Idea.. (Go Easy On Me.. :pray: )

Knicks Trade Amare Stoudemire, Toney Douglas, No. 48 Overall Pick For the No. 2 Overall Pick, and the Bobcats Two Worst Contracts. (Tyrus Thomas, and Corey Maggette).

Bobcats have a "Star", who will improve them upon Landing, and hopefully can attract other stars, not to mention their Unloading Two of their Worst Contracts In Tyrus Thomas, and Corey Maggete.

Knicks Swing For The Fences, And Draft Andre Dummond To Replace Amare Stoudemire, A PF/C Prospect who Scouts Say His Best/Worst Case Scenero is anywhere From Brendan Haywood (Dear God..), to Amare Stoudemire/Deandre Jordan :pray:

shep33
06-10-2012, 03:11 PM
I say keep the pick. Take MKG.

black1605
06-10-2012, 03:14 PM
How about Luke Ridnour as well, to be a vet mentor to Kemba and DJ?

I would at least want a future pick thrown in, but even then I don't think it's enough. They want a lot for the pick, more than they will probably get.

They either need to be blown away, or they will keep the pick. That deal doesn't blow anyone away in my opinion.

black1605
06-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Another Bobcat Fan already Agreed To This. Third Time, I psoted this trade Idea.. (Go Easy On Me.. :pray: )

Knicks Trade Amare Stoudemire, Toney Douglas, No. 48 Overall Pick For the No. 2 Overall Pick, and the Bobcats Two Worst Contracts. (Tyrus Thomas, and Corey Maggette).

Bobcats have a "Star", who will improve them upon Landing, and hopefully can attract other stars, not to mention their Unloading Two of their Worst Contracts In Tyrus Thomas, and Corey Maggete.

Knicks Swing For The Fences, And Draft Andre Dummond To Replace Amare Stoudemire, A PF/C Prospect who Scouts Say His Best/Worst Case Scenero is anywhere From Brendan Haywood (Dear God..), to Amare Stoudemire/Deandre Jordan :pray:

I'd have to think about that. I don't love Amare for what he's getting paid. Also, you would have to take Thomas and Diop, not Maggette. Maggette can actually contribute, Diop is worthless.

It would also help if you had a first round pick. Not much value at 48.

KingsMadness44
06-10-2012, 03:31 PM
kings will give Tyreke Evans, for the young potential superstar, Jimmer Ferrdette and a top 6 lottery protected 1st next year for the second pick and tyrus thomas??

only reason i added Jimmer is because he is a big name, not yet a great player though.

black1605
06-10-2012, 03:35 PM
kings will give Tyreke Evans, for the young potential superstar, Jimmer Ferrdette and a top 6 lottery protected 1st next year for the second pick and tyrus thomas??

only reason i added Jimmer is because he is a big name, not yet a great player though.

We would want your first this year I'd imagine.

KingsMadness44
06-10-2012, 03:53 PM
We would want your first this year I'd imagine.

if thats the case then i think that would be a little to much only reason why is there has been a lot of debate as to who exactly is going to be the 2-5 pick because the talent level is pretty much on par with one another.

so i would just take a chance and see who falls to the Kings instead of giving up evans and the 5th

black1605
06-10-2012, 03:59 PM
if thats the case then i think that would be a little to much only reason why is there has been a lot of debate as to who exactly is going to be the 2-5 pick because the talent level is pretty much on par with one another.

so i would just take a chance and see who falls to the Kings instead of giving up evans and the 5th

I wouldn't blame you. Like I said, the Bobcats are going to have to be blown away if someone wants the pick. It probably won't happen, and that's fine by me. Take Robinson, we still have our amnesty clause to use, and we have a ton of money coming off the books after next season.

kenzo400
06-10-2012, 04:11 PM
You guys should trade Kemba. I'm not sure why some people are still high on him, his rookie season was terrible 36% shooting, and he isn't an exceptional passer by any means. I know it's his first year in the league but he should have been more ready than most NCAA prospects having won a championship.

Also, you should definitely keep the pick. Jordan has absolutely no patience, you need to at least somewhat build through the draft. A second pick in this years draft should be good.

greg_ory_2005
06-10-2012, 05:01 PM
I would trade the #2 pick for Demar Derozan. Or better yet, Ed Davis.

RaiderKid318
06-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Trade down for more picks or trade down to number 4 and get a good player from that team as well.

The_Jamal
06-10-2012, 05:31 PM
The real question is why people want Tyrus Thomas. He's absolutely horrid

black1605
06-10-2012, 05:42 PM
The real question is why people want Tyrus Thomas. He's absolutely horrid

No one wants him, the Bobcats have made it clear they want to dump him in any deal for the number two pick.

xabial
06-10-2012, 05:45 PM
I'd have to think about that. I don't love Amare for what he's getting paid. Also, you would have to take Thomas and Diop, not Maggette. Maggette can actually contribute, Diop is worthless.

It would also help if you had a first round pick. Not much value at 48.

Diop Can't Be Traded. He has a players option next year (Which he will absolutely exercise), Players cant be traded the year before they exercise a Players option Unless He exercises it, and he can't do that before the Draft, therefore Its impossible to Trade him before the draft, Unless they agree to it before hand, but that's illegal, and not worth the Potential Penalty of loss of Future Draft Picks/ Cap Space.

Knicks Don't have a 1st Round Pick. They Traded It. They Can't Buy One Too because they already Spent $3M In the Sign And Trade Involving Tyson Chandler, so the NBA wont allow them to spend $3M again. Most they can Do is Trade Fields, And Douglas for a 1st Rounder, and that's the best Case scenereo, since Fields is a RFA, and everyone else is a FA.

Not many teams can take Tyrus Thomas, and Corey Maggette contracts off your hands, while offering a "Star", although declining, I know he will bounce back up. If 17 and 8 is considered a bad year for you, then your a very good player Lol.

Although I'm sure the Bobcats will get many offers, Can they get better than Amare, No.48, and Absorbing two bad contracts? (Diop is an expiring next year, Getting Tyrus Thomas's contract off your hands is going to take creativity and a miracle)

Think About It.

HouRealCoach
06-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Tyreke Evans & Jason Thompson...

Woodrow
06-10-2012, 06:40 PM
How about Al Jefferson, GS pick for next year and Utah's pick next year?

rtcrules
06-10-2012, 06:53 PM

Cleveland already has the Kings protected pick next yeat for JJ Hickson. Thanks again.

Jeff559
06-10-2012, 07:00 PM
How about Al Jefferson, GS pick for next year and Utah's pick next year?

Utah can't trade their pick next year.

popo85
06-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Trade the 2nd and the 31st to Portland for the 6th, 11th, 41st pick and a future 1st.

raptor fan
06-10-2012, 07:11 PM
How about something like this:

Charlotte trades: Corey Maggette and #2
Charlotte acquires: Andre Igoudala and #15

KingsMadness44
06-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Cleveland already has the Kings protected pick next yeat for JJ Hickson. Thanks again.

Umm i could be mistaken but the only draft pick that you Cleveland would have is this years and it was lottery protected! I don't recall giving the cav's 2 1st round lottery protected picks. But thanks again

black1605
06-10-2012, 08:31 PM
How about something like this:

Charlotte trades: Corey Maggette and #2
Charlotte acquires: Andre Igoudala and #15

Maybe the worst trade yet.

roshan3ai
06-10-2012, 08:34 PM
The Stoudemizer, Toney Douglas and Landry Fields. Take Brad Beal and enjoy

Ebbs
06-10-2012, 08:48 PM

Beyond stupid I know you hate him but he is a top 10 league talent at worst when healthy.

black1605
06-10-2012, 09:41 PM
A deal I saw on a Bobcats board that I think is decent for both teams:

Kemba Walker
Reggie Williams
#2 Pick

for

Kyle Lowry

We get a starting point guard, and two rookies who should be able to contribute right away. The Rockets end any point guard controversey they have by giving the job to Dragic outright, a young backup in Walker, a great three point shooter in Williams, and their pick of anyone in the draft, aside form Davis of course. I would like to throw in Tyrus of course, but I haven't looked at any salary information.

Hawkeye15
06-10-2012, 09:44 PM
I would at least want a future pick thrown in, but even then I don't think it's enough. They want a lot for the pick, more than they will probably get.

They either need to be blown away, or they will keep the pick. That deal doesn't blow anyone away in my opinion.

Do you think the #2 pick is worth blowing them away in this draft?

black1605
06-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Do you think the #2 pick is worth blowing them away in this draft?

I think from their point of view, that's up to the other teams to decide. The Bobcats will be happy drafting where they are, so if another team loves a player, then they will have to offer a lot to get him.

Like I've said previously, I want to keep the pick anyway, but if an incredible deal came along, I'd definitely listen. I hope the Bobcats share that feeling.

Mikeleafs
06-10-2012, 09:49 PM
DeRozan & 8th

For

2nd

The the Raps will take BEAL!!! :D

Hawkeye15
06-10-2012, 09:49 PM
I think from their point of view, that's up to the other teams to decide. The Bobcats will be happy drafting where they are, so if another team loves a player, then they will have to offer a lot to get him.

Like I've said previously, I want to keep the pick anyway, but if an incredible deal came along, I'd definitely listen. I hope the Bobcats share that feeling.

Think like a GM. Do you really think it hurts to get a proven asset and move down 5-10 spots?

black1605
06-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Think like a GM. Do you really think it hurts to get a proven asset and move down 5-10 spots?

No, I don't think it hurts. That's why I said I thought the Houston deal I posted was decent. We get a young somewhat proven player, and two mid-first round picks.

naps
06-10-2012, 09:55 PM
If the Bobcats are looking for a big name player they are simply dumb. Jordan can never run a team, never.

One big name player won't get them anywhere. It will hurt them plenty. The will win more games but not enough for the playoffs. So basically you are going down in the lottery picks. I say draft someone to pair up with Kemba, Biyambo, and other younger guys, keep sucking for next 2/3 years, keep getting high pick, and through these years these young guys will start blossoming. Basically, follow the OKC model.

Losoway
06-10-2012, 09:57 PM
trade it to portland

Sinestro
06-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Take anything you want but D.Rose

black1605
06-10-2012, 10:00 PM
If the Bobcats are looking for a big name player they are simply dumb. Jordan can never run a team, never.

One big name player won't get them anywhere. It will hurt them plenty. The will win more games but not enough for the playoffs. So basically you are going down in the lottery picks. I say draft someone to pair up with Kemba, Biyambo, and other younger guys, keep sucking for next 2/3 years, keep getting high pick, and through these years these young guys will start blossoming. Basically, follow the OKC model.

I'm pretty sure that's the plan, but they would be stupid not to take calls about the pick. They will be happy to remain patient, and build through the draft. Again, the Houston trade I posted brings back two picks, and an inexpensive young player who can help the team.

Twins Fanatic
06-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Carmelo for the 2nd overall, then New York could make room in attempting to sign Deron Williams.

black1605
06-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Carmelo for the 2nd overall, then New York could make room in attempting to sign Deron Williams.

Only if he was going to be happy here, which I strongly doubt he would.

Hawkeye15
06-10-2012, 10:21 PM
No, I don't think it hurts. That's why I said I thought the Houston deal I posted was decent. We get a young somewhat proven player, and two mid-first round picks.

agreed dude.

JOSKOMANG4
06-10-2012, 10:21 PM
bobcats trade the 2nd overall and one of their crap contracts(tyrus, diop) to the blazers for the 6th overall pick.

blazers could go with mgk at 2nd overall and possibly kendal marshall at 11. bobcats get rid of a big contract and still have the possibility of drafting a big name prospect(drummond or barnes).

Twins Fanatic
06-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Only if he was going to be happy here, which I strongly doubt he would.

I know, just a thought.

black1605
06-10-2012, 10:23 PM
bobcats trade the 2nd overall and one of their crap contracts(tyrus, diop) to the blazers for the 6th overall pick.

blazers could go with mgk at 2nd overall and possibly kendal marshall at 11. bobcats get rid of a big contract and still have the possibility of drafting a big name prospect(drummond or barnes).

Not enough of a return. We will have enough cap next year, we want talent and picks. We aren't trading back just to dump money, Diop is off the books next year anyway.

Twins Fanatic
06-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Realistically though, like people have been saying Rudy Gay or maybe Bynum (a stretch); a Monta sign a trade could be good or even packaging tyreke evans with a another piece.

Phenomenonsense
06-10-2012, 11:44 PM
I wouldn't give Bynum up for it and the only reason Gay is on the block is because of his hideous contract.

GREATNESS ONE
06-10-2012, 11:48 PM
I say keep the pick. Take MKG.

Yes. This kid is the real deal; relentless motor, love what I see from him.

lurkinglionsfan
06-11-2012, 12:10 AM
detroit trades prince ,ben gordon ?#9 pick , future second rounder for #2 and tyrus thomas?

black1605
06-11-2012, 12:13 AM
detroit trades prince ,ben gordon ?#9 pick , future second rounder for #2 and tyrus thomas?

Why would we take on all that salary for a future second, and a worse pick?

lurkinglionsfan
06-11-2012, 12:20 AM
it would improve your team in a huge way i mean we would give up more ( maybe future protected 1st ( top 10 only) and you would potentially be getting three starters while dumping your worst contract

black1605
06-11-2012, 12:22 AM
it would improve your team in a huge way i mean we would give up more ( maybe future protected 1st ( top 10 only) and you would potentially be getting three starters while dumping your worst contract

Giving up one awful contract and replacing it with two awful contracts. Sorry, that's just not even close to what they're asking for.

lurkinglionsfan
06-11-2012, 12:30 AM
fine make it stuckey not gordon is that better?

black1605
06-11-2012, 12:31 AM
No.

lurkinglionsfan
06-11-2012, 12:35 AM
ok .... say miami loses the finals and decides to break the big three up dwade for #2 future 1st and kemba would you do that?

black1605
06-11-2012, 12:42 AM
ok .... say miami loses the finals and decides to break the big three up dwade for #2 future 1st and kemba would you do that?

Salaries don't even come close to matching. Wade would never go for it anyway, so no.

GREATNESS ONE
06-11-2012, 12:45 AM
:yawn:

SugeKnight
06-11-2012, 01:19 AM
Stephen Curry

He's from the area. He went to Davidson. I think he would love to play in Charlotte.

Then the Warriors can draft MKG with #2 and Damian Lillard with #7

Lakers + Giants
06-11-2012, 02:20 AM
Gasol and Mcroberts for #2 Pick, Tyrus Thomas and Maggette.

limebalz05
06-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Knick fans, please stop posting these crazy trades for draft picks.

It's making u look like a Philly or Boston fan!

black1605
06-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Stephen Curry

He's from the area. He went to Davidson. I think he would love to play in Charlotte.

Then the Warriors can draft MKG with #2 and Damian Lillard with #7

I think most Bobcats fans would love to have Curry. He's from Charlotte, his dad played for the Hornets for a long time, and like you said Davidson is near by, but his ankle scares me. Plus, no way that get deal gets done without the #7 pick coming our way.

king4day
06-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Suns don't have much to offer without stripping down their team completely.
I think both of Portlands picks could be good for them. Draft Drummond at 6 if he's there and then fill a need with the next pick.

juggla53
06-11-2012, 10:40 AM

Just because you consider them your point guard and power forward of the future doesnt mean they will be any good in the future, the bobcats are in a position right now where if they are going to trade the pick they need to take the best deal possible regardless of what positions the guys play that they receive in return, and theres not a chance that the lakers trade bynum for the number 2 pick or anything else on your roster

LA_Raiders
06-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Bynum to Charlotte, Howard to LA, 2nd Pick & Kemba or Biyombo to Orlando... good deal for all

koetravis
06-11-2012, 07:13 PM
14 pick/Lowry/Patterson/Martin

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-11-2012, 07:15 PM
14 pick/Lowry/Patterson/Martin

If I'm NOH, I say you guys keep Martin (as we already have Gordon at that 2 guard spot) and give us Chandler Parsons with Patterson, Lowry and the 14th.