PDA

View Full Version : Lose-Lose Situation

MFFL==FML
06-10-2012, 06:04 AM
There is no doubt that LeBron James and Kevin Durant are 2 of the top 3 players in the NBA today. LeBron easily being number 1 and Durant (at least in my opinion) is 3.

Having said that, I feel that this NBA Finals between the OKC Thunder and the Miami Heat is a lose-lose situation for me. Here is why:

Lets face it, we all love to cheer against LeBron for doing what he did. He is easily the scapegoat. It's easy to hate on the best player when he doesn't play for your team. I'm glad that my Mavericks whooped them last year and so clearly if he wins I'd be sad.

Now then... if Durant wins we will have people saying Durant is the best in the world when clearly that is not the case. If OKC fans were honest with themselves, they would easily rather have LeBron James over Kevin Durant in terms of talent (not taking their character into account). I already think the media has made Durant out to be this loveable child that represents all that is good in basketball. I don't think he is any different than 80% of the other basketball players and I don't think it's just because they beat my team this year in the playoffs either because I felt this way even after my team beat them in the playoffs last year. He is being worshiped when he really hasn't done anything but win scoring titles... The only person I dislike more than Durant is his fat disgusting mother. I hate when they put the cam on her, but this is petty and has nothing to do with why I dislike Durant for basketball reasons... just personal. :P

No matter the outcome of the NBA Finals, Durant or LeBron get a ring... I hate the Spurs and the Celtics, but I'd rather either of those teams get a chance. I know some of my reasoning might be off, but does anyone else feel like this is a lose-lose scenario? Or are you incredibly happy to see 2 of the top 3 players go head-to-head?

Fnom11
06-10-2012, 06:07 AM
Too long, did read, felt horrible afterward.

MFFL==FML
06-10-2012, 06:12 AM
Too long, did read, felt horrible afterward.

Why did you feel horrible? lol

Iron24th
06-10-2012, 06:21 AM
Who's number 2 if not Durant?

MFFL==FML
06-10-2012, 06:30 AM
Who's number 2 if not Durant?

Not really the point of the thread, but Dwight Howard in my honest opinion. :P

FarOutIos
06-10-2012, 07:18 AM
I apologize for being so harsh... but I think it is disgusting that you do not like Durant for the fact that he is portrayed as a good person. Then you say he is not different than 80% of the players in the NBA...? How do you know this?

I am not an expert on NBA players personally... but it just seems like 80% are not as nice as Durant is.

And exactly what is your problem with his mother?

I am much happier seeing these teams face than I would be seeing the Lakers or the Celtics in the finals. And as for the Spurs... Duncan seems like another good guy... but their Coach seemed like a pompous ***** in his last interviews...

MFFL==FML
06-10-2012, 07:49 AM
I apologize for being so harsh... but I think it is disgusting that you do not like Durant for the fact that he is portrayed as a good person. Then you say he is not different than 80% of the players in the NBA...? How do you know this?

I am not an expert on NBA players personally... but it just seems like 80% are not as nice as Durant is.

And exactly what is your problem with his mother?

I am much happier seeing these teams face than I would be seeing the Lakers or the Celtics in the finals. And as for the Spurs... Duncan seems like another good guy... but their Coach seemed like a pompous ***** in his last interviews...

It's not because Durant is a "good guy." It's because of how people portray him out to be. A similar example is the fact I don't like Derrick Rose. He is a great player but because everyone is over his jock strap and over-rated him when he hasn't done anything (aside from stealing LeBron's 3rd straight MVP) I find it hard to like or cheer for him.

There is an astronomical difference between the personalities of Duncan and Durant. The Mavericks and Spurs have a huge rivalry, but I find it hard to hate Duncan. He is the epitome of professionalism and a true winner and not some media-fabricated nice guy. Durant just reminds me of someone like Warren Jeffs before everyone knew he was a child molester. On the outside looking it, sure he looks super nice and sweet, but there is just something you don't like about the guy.

And lets face it... if Kevin Durant wasn't such a great player do you think he'd have the media-given reputation of being a sweet ole boy? No. You don't hear about the other 80% of players being "nice guys" because they just aren't a superstars... it doesn't make them "not nice" or "bad" by default... Take for example reality talent shows. A homeless person goes on the show, looks horrible but sings beautifully! People cry and get all emotional because a homeless person is singing such beautiful songs. Does society in general cry for homeless people? No, unless they sing well then it's somehow more amazing and special. So unless you give me proof that 80% of players are not like Durant, you can't really argue with my opinion.

Iron24th
06-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Not really the point of the thread, but Dwight Howard in my honest opinion. :P

Even if the two can't be compared, I'd take Durant at number 2 overall.

JordansBulls
06-10-2012, 08:18 AM
Lebron has much more to lose here than Durant does. For one many consider Lebron the best player in the league. With a loss in the finals to Durant that opinion will change to Durant. Second it would mean that Lebron is 0-3 in the finals which would not be a good thing either.

MFFL==FML
06-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Lebron has much more to lose here than Durant does. For one many consider Lebron the best player in the league. With a loss in the finals to Durant that opinion will change to Durant. Second it would mean that Lebron is 0-3 in the finals which would not be a good thing either.

And just when I was starting to slightly lean for LeBron, I now think I want him to lose 3 times in a row. Whichever hurts the player the most is what I have to go for. Great point! :)

I just hope they don't show Durant's obese mother after they win... :puke:

JordansBulls
06-10-2012, 08:35 AM
It's not because Durant is a "good guy." It's because of how people portray him out to be. A similar example is the fact I don't like Derrick Rose. He is a great player but because everyone is over his jock strap and over-rated him when he hasn't done anything (aside from stealing LeBron's 3rd straight MVP) I find it hard to like or cheer for him.

And why should a guy get 3 straight MVP's when they lost with HCA 3 straight years?

I Rock Shaqs
06-10-2012, 09:04 AM
u sound like a total douche bag

sweet-d
06-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Well it's because he is a total douche bag. :laugh::laugh:

bucketss
06-10-2012, 11:45 AM
And why should a guy get 3 straight MVP's when they lost with HCA 3 straight years?

because the playoffs dont mean **** in the regular season mvp award? plus had he won it that year it would have been 2 straight losses with hca since the award is presented sometime in the second round and the voters would not know anything about the loss in the finals.

Sssmush
06-10-2012, 11:47 AM
There is no doubt that LeBron James and Kevin Durant are 2 of the top 3 players in the NBA today. LeBron easily being number 1 and Durant (at least in my opinion) is 3.

Having said that, I feel that this NBA Finals between the OKC Thunder and the Miami Heat is a lose-lose situation for me. Here is why:

Lets face it, we all love to cheer against LeBron for doing what he did. He is easily the scapegoat. It's easy to hate on the best player when he doesn't play for your team. I'm glad that my Mavericks whooped them last year and so clearly if he wins I'd be sad.

Now then... if Durant wins we will have people saying Durant is the best in the world when clearly that is not the case. If OKC fans were honest with themselves, they would easily rather have LeBron James over Kevin Durant in terms of talent (not taking their character into account). I already think the media has made Durant out to be this loveable child that represents all that is good in basketball. I don't think he is any different than 80% of the other basketball players and I don't think it's just because they beat my team this year in the playoffs either because I felt this way even after my team beat them in the playoffs last year. He is being worshiped when he really hasn't done anything but win scoring titles... The only person I dislike more than Durant is his fat disgusting mother. I hate when they put the cam on her, but this is petty and has nothing to do with why I dislike Durant for basketball reasons... just personal. :P

No matter the outcome of the NBA Finals, Durant or LeBron get a ring... I hate the Spurs and the Celtics, but I'd rather either of those teams get a chance. I know some of my reasoning might be off, but does anyone else feel like this is a lose-lose scenario? Or are you incredibly happy to see 2 of the top 3 players go head-to-head?

Ok, you asked for it, so I will give it to you. My honest assessment of your thesis on the NBA Finals, 2012.

All you are writing about in your post is what you FEEL about the players, the shades of emotion and feeling that, say, Durant's face or Lebron's face has on you as you sit on the toilet reading your copy of SLAM or whatever, or the emotion you feel when you see Durant's mother on camera for two seconds during the game.

With all due respect to your precious feelings, who really gives a **** what you think or feel about these players or these teams?

Durant is a beast, Lebron is a beast, Westbrook is a beast, Wade is a beast. Both teams fought hard to get to the Finals, deserve to be there, and it is the most deserving matchup and is extremely interesting.

Seeing a matchup with an inferior, less deserving team such as Boston or San Antonio could never be as good. I suppose it is strange or mildly interesting that you "feel" it would be better somehow, but again, who cares?

This Finals is actually a lose-win, or a win-lose, because a ton is at stake.

llemon
06-10-2012, 01:37 PM

Because MVP is decided based on the regular season?

topdog
06-10-2012, 02:00 PM
I love how you hate on Durant for "what has he done so far?" when he is 23. This could very well be a start of a dynasty with how well that team has been built and the way that Durant embraces big games/shots and doesn't make excuses.

Lebron is supposed to be a "nice guy" too. They always promote his charity work and whatnot, but then he makes comments and does things around the court that bring his character and likeability into question. Quite frankly, you sound like someone who is mad about the threat OKC poses to your declining home team.

theheatles
06-10-2012, 02:22 PM
pretty much a win - lose situation for me

Spacolie716
06-10-2012, 03:46 PM
I don't see this as a "lose-lose" at all. I just want LeBron to get just one so people can shut up about him, same with Durant. But why would you hate people portraying Durant as a nice person? For every nice person, there's 7 gang banger wanna be's and 2 straight up pompous ***** (ala Kris Humphries).

JordansBulls
06-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Because MVP is decided based on the regular season?

Yeah and he still didnt led his team to the top spot despite having 2 other allstars on his team and the team that finished ahead of him had its 2nd and 3rd best players out 20+ and 30+ games respectively.

justinnum1
06-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Yeah and he still didnt led his team to the top spot despite having 2 other allstars on his team and the team that finished ahead of him had its 2nd and 3rd best players out 20+ and 30+ games respectively.

still with this?

Teeboy1487
06-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Durant is unquestionably the 2nd best player in the league. He dethroned Kobe this year for that spot. Also, I disagree with this being a lose-lose. Lebron has more to lose than Durant.