PDA

View Full Version : has lebron turned that corner....

knickfan33
06-10-2012, 05:33 AM
i know, i know... knick fan, lebron thread, must be hate...

its not, im ohnestly giving my props to lebron for games 6 and 7 of that series, nobody can say he didnt show the "killer instinct" to finish a playoff series after these games.

im seriously impressed ( i really feel like wade is the only baby asking for calls on that team right now..lol)

i was expecting heat v spurs, and even though its thunder i still think the west coast has the edge.(felt like spurs style of basketball was no match for heats lack of depth)

but to all the true miami/lebron fans, now the front runners... respect, i really believe lebron has finally understood his capabilities, and i think this will be a very good finals now that he has.

and even more respect if he wins it, cause i dont care what anyone says.. thunder have to be favorite...

(go thunder!!, hey im still a knick fan)

PhillyFaninLA
06-10-2012, 06:40 AM
Lebron has shown the killer instinct quite a few times. Most prominent thing jumping out is a playoff game against Detriot where Lebron put up something like 24 in the 4th.

People tend to confuse (and not just with Leborn) whether or not a player is clutch. Lebron has a reputation because he doesn't like taking the last shot but there have been many times where the last shot has not been needed to be hit because of Lebron's defense, rebounding, and scoring leading up to the last 10 seconds.

While I understand your view on Lebron and Killer Instinct he has one, its just one that is used to stomp on your throat and not one to hit the buzzer beater. He's had his share of amazing 4th quarters and you don't lead slop like he had in Cleveland to that success with a killer instinct.

amos1er
06-10-2012, 06:48 AM

its not, im ohnestly giving my props to lebron for games 6 and 7 of that series, nobody can say he didnt show the "killer instinct" to finish a playoff series after these games.

im seriously impressed ( i really feel like wade is the only baby asking for calls on that team right now..lol)

i was expecting heat v spurs, and even though its thunder i still think the west coast has the edge.(felt like spurs style of basketball was no match for heats lack of depth)

but to all the true miami/lebron fans, now the front runners... respect, i really believe lebron has finally understood his capabilities, and i think this will be a very good finals now that he has.

and even more respect if he wins it, cause i dont care what anyone says.. thunder have to be favorite...

Lebron was great during the eastern run...He stepped up when it counted. But his biggest critique has come from his performance in the finals. Here are his current standings...

19 ppg 6.9 apg 6.9 rpg 41% from the field

If he can overcome that and win when it counts just once, than I would say he has overcome his shortcomings.

Honestly, he hasn't really set the bar high. He would only need to perform as a slightly higher than mediocre all-star to surpass these sub-rate numbers. Therefore, because of his recent play, I feel that he will perform better than he did in the past. Lebron has turned into a super saiyan from what I have seen thus far in the WCF. That said, his stiffest competition has come from an overrated washed up Celtics team that has taken him seven games to overcome. I would imagine that the Thunder will present him a bit more of a challenge and soon we will see if he truly has turned that corner....

king_couttsy
06-10-2012, 07:38 AM
I thought the exact same thing. Looked like he had "the hunger" - and I've never seen that from him before.

JordansBulls
06-10-2012, 08:42 AM

I wouldn't say he turned the corner, it was a series that should not have gone as far as it did and the Heat should never have been down to the Celtics in that series either. This was a Boston team that barely beat an 8th seed in the playoffs and that was spent.

king4day
06-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Didn't Lebron do this against Chicago in the ECF last year?
He'll turn the corner when he wins the ring. It's his third shot at it now. Miami is (or should be at least) the underdog in this series, if they win it now, then there's no way you can't give all the credit to Lebron. The demon would be off his back for sure.

Unfortunately for him, this year will be harder to win than last.

quade36
06-10-2012, 10:08 AM
What corner? Isn't he already the best player in the NBA?

Blitzbolt
06-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Win or lose Lebron is the nest player in the NBA I don't see a corner.

justinnum1
06-10-2012, 10:16 AM
I wouldn't say he turned the corner, it was a series that should not have gone as far as it did and the Heat should never have been down to the Celtics in that series either. This was a Boston team that barely beat an 8th seed in the playoffs and that was spent.

:laugh:

TylerSL
06-10-2012, 10:29 AM

:facepalm:

ManRam
06-10-2012, 12:38 PM
You guys act like he's never done this before. The reality is that he's done it regularly. Statistically he's one of the top 3-5 post season players ever. He's had two "bad" series in his NBA playoff career, and people only remember those...and rightfully so I guess. He hasn't turned any corner because he's been able to, and has done this, regularly. He just has to keep it up in the Finals.

Last year he was the most dominant player in the playoffs, until the Finals. There's nothing new here. If you're surprised with what he's done then you must be watching him for the first time...

Hoopsadvocate
06-10-2012, 12:41 PM

SO u make excuses for boston but act like the heat were 100%??? Wheres the mention of d wade being obviously hurt still from that pacers series and Chris bosh playing on only 3 games in the series 2 of which were very limited minutes.

You want a fair assesment look at last years series with essentially the same players it was 4-1 series.

Hawkeye15
06-10-2012, 02:31 PM

facing a Heat team with primarily a no-show Wade and a hurt Bosh, who didn't even get his role back until game 7.

Again though, we have seen stretches like this from Bron. If he goes down playing like this in the finals, the criticism should stop. He can't help Wade miraculously declining in the span of 2 months, and unless Bosh returns to 100% shortly, Bron will have to play off the charts to win the finals.

JordansBulls
06-10-2012, 02:36 PM
:laugh:

Nothing I said was inaccurate

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2012/matchup/_/teams/heat-celtics

Not to mention for people using injuries the predictions made on the Heat vs Celtics was including with Bosh out.

Hawkeye15
06-10-2012, 02:38 PM

Not to mention for people using injuries the predictions made on the Heat vs Celtics was including with Bosh out.

Did they predict Wade would score 6 pp1st on lousy shooting and meh defense? Or that Miami's three point shooters would take a vacation.

justinnum1
06-10-2012, 02:39 PM

Celtics will pull off the upset tonight.

:burn:

Ebbs
06-10-2012, 02:49 PM

Not true the Celtics fought damn hard and the series going that long was no fault of LeBrons. Point that finger at a injury, and anemic Wade.

JordansBulls
06-10-2012, 02:54 PM
facing a Heat team with primarily a no-show Wade and a hurt Bosh, who didn't even get his role back until game 7.

Again though, we have seen stretches like this from Bron. If he goes down playing like this in the finals, the criticism should stop. He can't help Wade miraculously declining in the span of 2 months, and unless Bosh returns to 100% shortly, Bron will have to play off the charts to win the finals.

Wade averaged 21/6/5 in the series, how is that a no show?

JordansBulls
06-10-2012, 02:59 PM
:burn:

I didn't expect one player to shoot more free throws than an entire team.

Hawkeye15
06-10-2012, 02:59 PM

look at his first half performances? LeBron literally had to carry the Heat to not being forced to play from double digits down at the start of every second half after game 2. Again, if you don't think this is arguably the worst playoff performance we have seen from Wade in a series, you have to look back at how far off his usual game he really was this series.

Looking past his per game numbers, Wade's efficiency suggested he is nowhere near a top 10 player in the league.

JordansBulls
06-10-2012, 03:00 PM
look at his first half performances? LeBron literally had to carry the Heat to not being forced to play from double digits down at the start of every second half after game 2. Again, if you don't think this is arguably the worst playoff performance we have seen from Wade in a series, you have to look back at how far off his usual game he really was this series.

Oh I'm not saying he played the greatest or it was one of his best series, I am saying he was definitely not a no show.

justinnum1
06-10-2012, 03:02 PM

He could have done a lot better, his shot selection was pretty bad, taking way to many long jumpers, and his shooting % was poor.

beasted86
06-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Yes, LeBron traveled.

Hawkeye15
06-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Oh I'm not saying he played the greatest or it was one of his best series, I am saying he was definitely not a no show.

haha, fine, I will change my wordage. 1st half no-show starting in game 3, and played arguably his worst playoff series of his career.

KnicksorBust
06-10-2012, 03:19 PM
You guys act like he's never done this before. The reality is that he's done it regularly. Statistically he's one of the top 3-5 post season players ever. He's had two "bad" series in his NBA playoff career, and people only remember those...and rightfully so I guess. He hasn't turned any corner because he's been able to, and has done this, regularly. He just has to keep it up in the Finals.

Last year he was the most dominant player in the playoffs, until the Finals. There's nothing new here. If you're surprised with what he's done then you must be watching him for the first time...

This. I really thought the Detroit game was his "I've arrived," moment. He's had great series before at this point the only corner left to turn is in the Finals.

ManRam
06-10-2012, 03:23 PM

What does any of that have to do with LeBron? You expect MORE from him? He didn't play up to your expectations? Sure, his TEAM took 7 games to beat a Boston team you apparently don't think much of...but what more could have LeBron done? He was amazing that series...against one of the two best defenses in the NBA.

It's a damn shame he didn't do enough to please you. Jeez....

Jarvo
06-10-2012, 05:47 PM

:facepalm: stop

dtmagnet
06-10-2012, 06:11 PM
I think the Heat will win the championship, and it will be Lebron doing most of it on his own but with Bosh chipping in. Just goes to show you this guy did not need to team up with 2 other stars because one of them (Wade) isn't exactly contributing.