PDA

View Full Version : I Do Not Think Lebron Will Choke This Time

MetroMan
06-10-2012, 12:20 AM
He looks ready. Also, the fact that lebron is playing the young and very Un-experience team will be in his favor. Lebron will beat the un-experience and young team that is the thunders.

Lebron lost to the HOF of Duncan and Dirk. So far Durant and Westbrook are like evolving pokemon

I am not trolling what so ever. just stating the obvious

kjoke
06-10-2012, 12:23 AM
Durant and Westbrook are already ****ing evolved pokemon

hugepatsfan
06-10-2012, 12:23 AM
Can PSD and everyone else just get off Lebron's dick with the "choking" BS. He's probably going to go down as the greatest player EVER. I think he comes off as a huge tool but he's an amazing player and that doesn't even begin to describe it.

EDIT: These last 2 games though he's been so awesome to watch though. I've loved his demeanor. Intense, humble, respectful - I wish he always came off as this. Even if it is how he's always been, he doesn't do a good job of portraying that image. He needs some classes on dealing with the public eye because he doesn't seem asbad as he usually comes off.

kenzo400
06-10-2012, 12:24 AM
He looks ready. Also, the fact that lebron is playing the young and very Un-experience team will be in his favor. Lebron will beat the un-experience and young team that is the thunders.

Lebron lost to the HOF of Duncan and Dirk. So far Durant and Westbrook are like evolving pokemon

OKC beat San Antonio and were down 2-0 at the beginning. Miami pulled a great comeback against Boston, but OKC's comeback wasn't any less impressive. It's going to be a good series.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-10-2012, 12:26 AM
PSD, where taking the smallest sample sizes on LeBron being bad measures him as a complete player.

Sadds The Gr8
06-10-2012, 12:27 AM
Lebron dominated last year vs Chicago right before the finals as well...

C-Style
06-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Can PSD and everyone else just get off Lebron's dick with the "choking" BS. He's probably going to go down as the greatest player EVER. I think he comes off as a huge tool but he's an amazing player and that doesn't even begin to describe it.

EDIT: These last 2 games though he's been so awesome to watch though. I've loved his demeanor. Intense, humble, respectful - I wish he always came off as this. Even if it is how he's always been, he doesn't do a good job of portraying that image. He needs some classes on dealing with the public eye because he doesn't seem asbad as he usually comes off.
:laugh2::laugh2::facepalm:

MetroMan
06-10-2012, 12:31 AM

Listen, I am one of the lebron bashers. But to say he is not one of the best ever is pure blind hatred

hugepatsfan
06-10-2012, 12:31 AM

IMO he will get there. Don't see how that's laughable at all based on what he's done so far. I'm not saying he's there now - that would be laughable.

Davidgta1
06-10-2012, 12:32 AM
I've seen this movie 2 times already.

justinnum1
06-10-2012, 12:33 AM
He better not ****ing choke. But he will not shed that label till he wins a ring, ala dirk.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-10-2012, 12:34 AM
LeBron traveled.

MTL_123
06-10-2012, 12:34 AM
He better not ****ing choke. But he will not shed that label till he wins a ring, ala dirk.

THis. :mad:

bucketss
06-10-2012, 12:36 AM
IMO he will get there. Don't see how that's laughable at all based on what he's done so far. I'm not saying he's there now - that would be laughable.

no chance whatsoever

Cal827
06-10-2012, 12:37 AM

Westbrook evolves once

Durant on the other hand can evolve again into Kevin Durantula, the bug with ice in his veins. Godly offensive stats, and good defenses and speed (although they could be better)... Unfortunately, he's got a horrible weakness to fire... he just can't take the Heat :D.... ok I'm sorry for that pathetic joke.

Should be interesting... this is exactly what the NBA would want. Two of the best players in the game going at each other (the 2 MVP candidates... **** the rest of you who thought Chris Paul or Tony Parker or Kobe Bryant... or that one idiot who thought Joe Johnson should get some consideration)

I will officially call Durant a part of the NBA "Superstars" now. He's met my criteria lol

Slug3
06-10-2012, 12:37 AM

:laugh:

Sactown
06-10-2012, 12:38 AM
Miami should be more worried about Wade

justinnum1
06-10-2012, 12:38 AM
Westbrook evolves once

Durant on the other hand can evolve again into Kevin Durantula, the bug with ice in his veins. Godly offensive stats, and good defenses and speed (although they could be better)... Unfortunately, he's got a horrible weakness to fire... he just can't take the Heat :D.... ok I'm sorry for that pathetic joke.

Should be interesting... this is exactly what the NBA would want. Two of the best players in the game going at each other (the 2 MVP candidates... **** the rest of you who thought Chris Paul or Tony Parker or Kobe Bryant... or that one idiot who thought Joe Johnson should get some consideration)

I will officially call Durant a part of the NBA "Superstars" now. He's met my criteria lol

durant is for sure a superstar and the 2nd best player in the league, this series will be epic.

Wade better get that knee drained tonight lol

Cal827
06-10-2012, 12:42 AM
durant is for sure a superstar and the 2nd best player in the league, this series will be epic.

Now he is to me lol. I have a very limited group:

Wade
Durant
Lebron
Kobe
Howard
Dirk

- They have to play both offense and defense fairly well
- They should be able to carry the team by themselves at least to the finals
- Serious MVP candidate at least once

Winning a title to me would slightly overrule the others obviously (E.g. Why Dirk is on the list... he wasn't until last year, as his defense isn't the superstar type)

-Duncan/KG were on it, but age is catching up to them... soon Kobe and Dirk will also be off this list lol

Slug3
06-10-2012, 12:45 AM
The thing that Boston did so good with Wade was trap him off the screen. I am not sure if OKC has a Center as quick as KG. I am sure they will try though.

drew_ellis_23
06-10-2012, 12:54 AM
The thing that Boston did so good with Wade was trap him off the screen. I am not sure if OKC has a Center as quick as KG. I am sure they will try though.

Ibaka will do fine with Perkins. This should be a epic finals. Wade will need to step up big time if the Heat have a chance.

ttam68
06-10-2012, 12:55 AM
He could lose in the finals without "choking."

drew_ellis_23
06-10-2012, 12:57 AM
Now he is to me lol. I have a very limited group:

Wade
Durant
Lebron
Kobe
Howard
Dirk

- They have to play both offense and defense fairly well
- They should be able to carry the team by themselves at least to the finals
- Serious MVP candidate at least once

Winning a title to me would slightly overrule the others obviously (E.g. Why Dirk is on the list... he wasn't until last year, as his defense isn't the superstar type)

-Duncan/KG were on it, but age is catching up to them... soon Kobe and Dirk will also be off this list lol

Wade has regressed and should not be above Lebron. I don't care if he has a ring. Lebron is the best player on the Heat and in the NBA followed by Durant. Difference in this series will be that Westbrook now is better than Wade, and Ibaka and Perkins will be enough size to get by Miami's lack of size.

Cal827
06-10-2012, 12:57 AM
LOL not on this site... he could average 50-20-10-5-5 for the whole series but if they lose.. all hell would break loose

Max.This
06-10-2012, 12:58 AM
Lebron will get his points and do his usual. Its not him that ppl should worry about choking, its the role players. The key to the series for okc will be how well sefalosha(?) plays and the role players for Miami. I simply don't think Wade will do well. Just from watching this series, the refs have been ignoring Wade's flopping for the most part.

drew_ellis_23
06-10-2012, 12:58 AM

Lebron won't choke. He stepped up and got some respect from me. I hate the guy. I think Miami will be out played by OKC. Just based on match ups I like OKC.

justinnum1
06-10-2012, 01:00 AM

agree, miami are the underdogs.

Cal827
06-10-2012, 01:05 AM
Wade has regressed and should not be above Lebron. I don't care if he has a ring. Lebron is the best player on the Heat and in the NBA followed by Durant. Difference in this series will be that Westbrook now is better than Wade, and Ibaka and Perkins will be enough size to get by Miami's lack of size.

My bad, they aren't in any particular order there.... I just wanted to put them on the list. 1-4 would likely be Lebron-Howard-Durant-Wade IMO. Howard gets the two spot for being a star center.

The size factor should be interesting... we saw how Lebron and co. Kept getting the Celtics into foul trouble in this last series. What does OKC do? If they have Durant play him head to head, they could very well lose their best scorer to foul trouble, just like Boston lost Pierce a few times. They give him (and Wade) a bit of space, then they can expect to lose one of their best interior defenders in each game (possibly early as Perkins would just get in the way, and Ibaka could get agressive trying to block shots... against guys who are able to draw fouls, not a good idea. Don't forget that they also have Chris Bosh... who can be a star player. OKC also has weak interior scoring. Wade and Lebron are excellent defenders. There will be games where they have to find another way to get by them.

This one is really tough to call, but I'm going to say Miami in 6 or 7 games. again IMO, not trying to bait anyone

topdog
06-10-2012, 01:05 AM
Seriously?! We're talking Pokemon here? Well, Westbrook does kind of remind me of Squirtle... lol

Cal827
06-10-2012, 01:07 AM
agree, miami are the underdogs.

LOL, hell no. Lebron and Wade can lock Westbrook the hell down as well as Durant... OKC has no interior scoring. Lebron and Wade will draw a ton of fouls on Ibaka/Perkins (I think). Should be good, but I think Miami should be the favorite or at least on par with OKC at the betting table lol

justinnum1
06-10-2012, 01:12 AM
LOL, hell no. Lebron and Wade can lock Westbrook the hell down as well as Durant... OKC has no interior scoring. Lebron and Wade will draw a ton of fouls on Ibaka/Perkins (I think). Should be good, but I think Miami should be the favorite or at least on par with OKC at the betting table lol

I think they will win, but OKC are the favorites, if for nothing else the fact they beat spurs 4 games in a row(which i dont think means a whole lot) i think OKC is currently -155.

xxplayerxx23
06-10-2012, 01:13 AM
Crazy how Lebron could average 45 9 and 7 in the series and the heat lose in 6 and its his fault

TylerSL
06-10-2012, 01:17 AM
Lebron James
Kevin Durant
Dwayne Wade
Chris Bosh
Russell Westbrook
James Harden
Serge Ibaka

Those are the names that will headline these NBA Finals. Man I cant wait for this **** to get started. I'm not making any predictions, just gonna sit back and root for my Heat.

Hawkeye15
06-10-2012, 01:18 AM
Crazy how Lebron could average 45 9 and 7 in the series and the heat lose in 6 and its his fault

this.

naps
06-10-2012, 01:20 AM

That same team beat your experienced Lakers, experienced Mavs, and experienced Spurs :rolleyes:

I see what you are trying to achieve here but won't work because a lot of posters are more mature than you are.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-10-2012, 01:28 AM
That same team beat your experienced Lakers, experienced Mavs, and experienced Spurs :rolleyes:

I see what you are trying to achieve here but won't work because a lot of posters are more mature than you are.

Miami is the better defensive team and has the better individual defensive players. MIA will win.

natelpete
06-10-2012, 01:30 AM
The two best players in the NBA going head-to-head.. This could be one of the greatest Finals of all-time. I hope both play to their potential and we see a game 7. I want Lebron to get a ring but I'm not sure if this is his year.

NBAfan4life
06-10-2012, 01:32 AM

That is not what he averaged last year. I think the group of Lebron defenders are ready to give him a pass this year because OKC is the favorite. If he loses it is because they were supposed to lose. If he wins it will just be a testament of his greatness.

It should be a good series, but if OKC wins I'm not going to discount the Thunders and Durants accomplishments because of good drafting. The Heat don't have an excuse nor does OKC.

HeatCheck69
06-10-2012, 01:33 AM
OKC doesn't really have anyone to defend Bron

xxplayerxx23
06-10-2012, 01:34 AM
That is not what he averaged last year. I think the group of Lebron defenders are ready to give him a pass this year because OKC is the favorite. If he loses it is because they were supposed to lose. If he wins it will just be a testament of his greatness.

It should be a good series, but if OKC wins I'm not going to discount the Thunders and Durants accomplishments because of good drafting. The Heat don't have an excuse nor does OKC.

No he didnt average that last year but thats not the point, I am far from a Lebron defender, My point is he could put up those numbers but nobody stops westbrook and the heat lose Lebron still gets the blame and called a choke artist

naps
06-10-2012, 01:41 AM
Miami is the better defensive team and has the better individual defensive players. MIA will win.

Haha...thanks for your words.

But I really think Miami has to step up big time if they want to beat the OKC. I mean they just beat seasoned champions. So it will take best of the best of Miami to beat them.

Key:
Wade. If he keeps playing poor then it's over.
LeBron can't do it alone. I think Wade's knee is pretty bad now but for obvious reasons the team is not discussing it. I remember earlier this playoffs Wade said "I don't like talking about injuries even if I am playing through them. I am playing that means I have to be ready to go. No excuses." I hope he gets better even though knee problems ain't any quick fix.

NoahH
06-10-2012, 01:48 AM

:laugh: ahahha I loved this:p

NBAfan4life
06-10-2012, 01:51 AM
No he didnt average that last year but thats not the point, I am far from a Lebron defender, My point is he could put up those numbers but nobody stops westbrook and the heat lose Lebron still gets the blame and called a choke artist

If Durant wins Finals MVP and deserves it then he deserves some blame. Will just see how it plays out. I don't think he will come up empty this time around. also think the Thunder will win. They have a good balanced team. Some explosive scores. They don't have the experience that the Heat have which could be crucial though.

xxplayerxx23
06-10-2012, 01:53 AM
If Durant wins Finals MVP and deserves it then he deserves some blame. Will just see how it plays out. I don't think he will come up empty this time around. also think the Thunder will win. They have a good balanced team. Some explosive scores. They don't have the experience that the Heat have which could be crucial though.

Durant will get his no doubt, I do think Okc will win IMO but Lebron will play amazing. If they lose he will prob deserve SOME of the blame Unfourtantly for him He will most likely get ALL of the blame

Losoway
06-10-2012, 02:12 AM
lebron hasnt choked yet . honestly i just feel last year rick carlie (spelled wrong) coached circles around spo .

scott brooks been getting out coached all this post season except the last two games of the spurs series

so this should be a great finals miami in 6

Ryan328
06-10-2012, 02:34 AM
I got okc in 6

tredigs
06-10-2012, 02:45 AM
I'm salivating a little bit at the intensity of some of the transitional scoring we're going to see. I've been hoping this finals would go down this season (when both were truly ready) for the past two years, and I haven't even figured out who I think has better odds. That said, I'm going with OKC in 7 - largely due to their HCA making the difference. I actually think this will be the Finals the next two seasons as well, so I'm hyped for Round I of what I think will be the leagues new cross conference rivals.

Run&Gun
06-10-2012, 02:54 AM
This game will come to TO's, OKC gave up a lot last time they played them Durant and Westbrook coughed it up a lot. If they can keep the ball moving like they did the last game they should win.

OKC has the strong bench and versatility to win a longer series. Thabo should do a pretty good job on Lebron he doesn't have to shut him down just make him work and funnel him towards the big guys. People always forget about Collison too, great defender and has pretty decent offensive game between him and Ibaka should keep Bosh to reasonable numbers.

I think Durant avg. 29 in the reg. season so I don't know if Miami will lock him down cuz. after their perimeter defense they don't really have anything on the interior, but like I said earlier TO's will be the key, which they've shown to have under control for the most part of the playoffs. OKC in 6

Chronz
06-10-2012, 03:51 AM

Yea but hes saying they havent been given the Thunderstone to take that evolution to the next level

Ebbs
06-10-2012, 04:11 AM
I don't think he will choke, but the Thunder are a better and more complete team I'm worried.

That being said I got a good chuckle out of the Pokemon reference

Raps18-19 Champ
06-10-2012, 04:20 AM

Harden, Durant and Westbrook>Lebron and Wade.

Also, they have a legit stopper in Thabo for Lebron while Battier is clearly slowing down. Not to mention they have Ibaka locking down an injured Bosh.

Wade n Fade
06-10-2012, 04:23 AM
Experience also becomes a factor. Everyone is looking on paper right now for their predictions, but I feel we will win in 6 because of experience, the way the team is playing when the team plays as a cohesive unit, 2-3-2 factor for the middle homecourt advantage after a split OKC, the fact we haven't lost two straight at home, etc. I am embracing the role of the underdog as a fan because I want people to doubt us because it will be nicer to stun the nation by winning the 2nd title in franchise history. Just never underestimate your opponent, especially after I learned that from this Heat Celtics series because after 2 games, I thought it would be a sweep lol. It turned out to be a 7 game series surprisingly. Lebron is in this zone that would be hard to stop. He is developing a killer instinct too.

whatup
06-10-2012, 04:31 AM
Lebron is pathetic. He will never be the best player ever. He gets the refs to do what he wants because of his complaining. He is a puss

SugeKnight
06-10-2012, 04:37 AM
Keys to the series:
Will Bosh and Haslem force Ibaka and Perkins to play honest defense? Or will they be free to roam and cause havoc with their help defense?

Will the Heats defense force enough turnovers to get out in transition, or will OKC continue their improved ball security?

How will they guard Westbrook? I can see him having a huge series, and I have no idea how they can stop him if Rondo gave them that much trouble.

fadahway
06-10-2012, 04:54 AM
Lebron is pathetic. He will never be the best player ever. He gets the refs to do what he wants because of his complaining. He is a puss

You do know that you have to come with something better?

ragee
06-10-2012, 04:58 AM

Why do people keep saying the Thunder is an inexperienced team? When will they be considered to have enough experience to win? When their players are past their prime? I believe they have proven that they are legit and will give the Heat a lot of problems. This will be a great series.

rockbottom2010
06-10-2012, 05:12 AM
Lebron dominated last year vs Chicago right before the finals as well...

yaaa...but look at the stats last year vs. this year...plus hes the reigning mvp

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-10-2012, 05:23 AM
he will choke:laugh2:

FreakaNashur
06-10-2012, 05:30 AM
this troll probly sign up just to say that.

knickfan33
06-10-2012, 05:43 AM

posted similar thread tonight, but ohenstly im very impressed by him, before this he had that one game against pistons, not any where close to the performance of thise combo (game 6 n 7) ...

as much as i hate him and heat, he definetly turned that corner and has become a serious contender (barring a complete failure in the championship series)

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-10-2012, 06:05 AM

Best ever? Lmfao he'll be lucky to get in the top 10! Malone isn't in the top 10 because he didn't win a title, that will happen to Lebron if he doesn't win either! Best ever please! He will be lucky to be placed in the top 8 ever!
IMO MJ, magic, kobe,Kareem, bird, chamberlain, Russell will still be ranked higher the lbj when he's done!

torocan
06-10-2012, 07:56 AM

Nah.

If the Heat lose but Lebron still puts up good numbers and he doesn't go MIA in the 4th/last 6 minutes of every game, you can't really say he choked.

The whole choking thing is less about the title than the no-show in the 4th quarter of last year's final series combined with his awful FT shooting and questionable play in the final 5 minutes of tightly contested games.

If he plays well through the 4th of most of the games against OKC, even if he loses he'll gain some respect. Unlike the Celtics, the OKC is favored and for legitimate reasons. OKC is a crazy good team, period.

You can even win a game and lose respect. Wade is losing respect even in the games the Heat wins for his 1st half no-shows.

Jarvo
06-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Go get your ring Lebron, It just feels it's there time.

B-BALL*LI
06-10-2012, 08:20 AM
Experience also becomes a factor. Everyone is looking on paper right now for their predictions, but I feel we will win in 6 because of experience, the way the team is playing when the team plays as a cohesive unit, 2-3-2 factor for the middle homecourt advantage after a split OKC, the fact we haven't lost two straight at home, etc. I am embracing the role of the underdog as a fan because I want people to doubt us because it will be nicer to stun the nation by winning the 2nd title in franchise history. Just never underestimate your opponent, especially after I learned that from this Heat Celtics series because after 2 games, I thought it would be a sweep lol. It turned out to be a 7 game series surprisingly. Lebron is in this zone that would be hard to stop. He is developing a killer instinct to.

i dont think a heat team with lebron james, dwade and bosh will stun anyone if they beat the thunder for the chip.

StinkEye
06-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Good For You!