PDA

View Full Version : Loyal fans?

mrs rose
06-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Goodmorning Heat Nation and onlookers,
I remember a time on this page where loyal fans came here to support the team. After the summer of 2010, there were a lot of new fans, and also a LOT of new haters on this page. I can recall many times reading topics on here about what happened to the old posters on here?

Just with my busy schedule I dont have the time to post on here as much, but i can understand why fans no longer post here as much or at ALL. Everytime i come on here there is a knee jerk reaction to one of our players, and the team as a whole. What ever happened to being loyal.

Example i saw a trade for howard to get rid of D WADE. You have to be kidding me isnt this the same guy that had 41 pts and 10 rebs not to long ago to push miami into the ECF??? Bosh threads dissing him, and even lebron threads.

At the end of the day this fan base will always be attacked, from once being under the radar for years. Miami is really a football town anyone who is from there knows that. We are not like NYC,CHI, and other cities where basketball is LIFE. However when those boys decided to come here the extra attention came as well. I find it hilarious when folks talked about the "celebration" first of miami always welcomed stars like that remember when SHAQ CAME.. AND the "celebration" was on SUNSPORTS a florida based network and it was just for our fans not everyone else, im sure riley could have let ESPN or someone else to that.

But back to the topic, what happened to the loyal fans? I remember joining here just to fellowship with other heat fans and those days where great! Not so much hate among each other, and not dissing our team, or the players.
Now im no robot sometimes i get upset at things that happened with our team the coaching (mario chalmers whom im very hard on) but again there is A difference between being frustrated and being unloyal.

I truly believe a lot of the older posters would come back if the loyal fans would stand up and not so much the bandwagon fans. Now about bandwagon fans not everyone who joined after those boys came together is a bandwagon fan. I dont believe that at all, its a lot but no all. A bandwagon fan is after EVERY lost they jump ship and get to panic zone whenever something goes wrong.

In shorts where are the loyal fans at.. I miss you guys, this site was something to look foward to reading but now its trade this person, fire this person.. which makes the NBA MAIN page more of a must see.. and something is WRONG with that picture.

Mambo Kings
06-09-2012, 11:16 AM
something is WRONG with that picture.

Are you referring to your sig pic? Please say yes because every time I glance down the page and see those hot bodies, then realize those creepy Big 3 heads, I'm like "DOH!" - it gets me every time. I'm a man, what can I say :drool:

Mambo Kings
06-09-2012, 11:39 AM
On a serious note, I hear what you're saying, but it's normal considering the level of talent assembled on this team and their failure in choking away the NBA Finals last season. Everyone knows, this year it -has- to be different, it -should- be different. Pressure? Greater. Expectations? Higher. I would advise everyone to enjoy the drama, including fans who overreact. Sports are a great microcosm of life in so many ways and relationships in general. Think about it...if you thought the world of your man, and he demonstrates he's good enough to be X/Y/Z - the greatest man in the world...but then fails to reach his potential, over and over, over and over, because of something he's consistently doing wrong...are you really never going to waver in your loyalty and support? Not even to freak out a little and have doubtful feelings? Is loyalty the ultimate trump card for the evidence of your mind? Of course you not; it's human nature to sense when things are *#$% up and we naturally want to fix that before it causes us pain. And we love sports because it speeds up that emotional roller coaster and gives us that sense of up and down with a team which on a personal level might take months and years to develop with another person. Thankfully, the effects are not so intense, given it's entertainment at the end of the day, but hopefully you get what I'm saying.

We're all here to enjoy the Miami Heat, support the Miami Heat, and I don't think it's a question of loyalty. Think about the example I gave above. Is every relationship perfect? Of course not. That man in my example, your emotional partner, is going to let you down in life. But a healthy relationship is one where honesty rules the day. Be honest about the letdown, what would change it, but at the end of the day you're still gonna sleep in the same bed. Have you seen married couples who've been together forever? They can just let each other have it, keeping it real, and they've been the most loyal to each other. So, haha, think of us fans like being married to the Miami Heat; we know we ain't leaving 'em, we know who they are, but we'll be damned if we don't given 'em crap when they leave their dirty socks on the floor and we've done told 'em a thousand times to put them in the hamper. It's all good, mrs rose.

Jemikz9Clutch
06-09-2012, 11:43 AM
I remember a time on this page where loyal fans came here to support the team. After the summer of 2010, there were a lot of new fans, and also a LOT of new haters on this page. I can recall many times reading topics on here about what happened to the old posters on here?

Just with my busy schedule I dont have the time to post on here as much, but i can understand why fans no longer post here as much or at ALL. Everytime i come on here there is a knee jerk reaction to one of our players, and the team as a whole. What ever happened to being loyal.

Example i saw a trade for howard to get rid of D WADE. You have to be kidding me isnt this the same guy that had 41 pts and 10 rebs not to long ago to push miami into the ECF??? Bosh threads dissing him, and even lebron threads.

At the end of the day this fan base will always be attacked, from once being under the radar for years. Miami is really a football town anyone who is from there knows that. We are not like NYC,CHI, and other cities where basketball is LIFE. However when those boys decided to come here the extra attention came as well. I find it hilarious when folks talked about the "celebration" first of miami always welcomed stars like that remember when SHAQ CAME.. AND the "celebration" was on SUNSPORTS a florida based network and it was just for our fans not everyone else, im sure riley could have let ESPN or someone else to that.

But back to the topic, what happened to the loyal fans? I remember joining here just to fellowship with other heat fans and those days where great! Not so much hate among each other, and not dissing our team, or the players.
Now im no robot sometimes i get upset at things that happened with our team the coaching (mario chalmers whom im very hard on) but again there is A difference between being frustrated and being unloyal.

I truly believe a lot of the older posters would come back if the loyal fans would stand up and not so much the bandwagon fans. Now about bandwagon fans not everyone who joined after those boys came together is a bandwagon fan. I dont believe that at all, its a lot but no all. A bandwagon fan is after EVERY lost they jump ship and get to panic zone whenever something goes wrong.

In shorts where are the loyal fans at.. I miss you guys, this site was something to look foward to reading but now its trade this person, fire this person.. which makes the NBA MAIN page more of a must see.. and something is WRONG with that picture.

i love your post mrs rose. 1st of all, my reaction on your sig is "oh God why". LOL

this is just my opinion. the big 3 plus the celebration happened. when james said the infamous "not 3, not 4, not 5..." this made an effect on people that we should be winning by now and continue winning to create a dynasty. so when we lose games, we criticize because we cant win if we are losing.

some are overreacted too much like those guys who made trade threads. i never thought of trading one of the big 3 or the supporting cast every time we lose but just once, that's only last year when we loss the finals.

and tbh, i always get mad on our team when we are losing and on the players who are not performing well because i hate to lose. i demand excellence from them. dont get me wrong that i'm a bandwagon fan. i love our team. i'm with them thick or thin. i just get frustrated when we lose or even losing by not giving our efforts like in game 5. it's just who i am. but i never jumpship.

mrs rose
06-09-2012, 12:31 PM
On a serious note, I hear what you're saying, but it's normal considering the level of talent assembled on this team and their failure in choking away the NBA Finals last season. Everyone knows, this year it -has- to be different, it -should- be different. Pressure? Greater. Expectations? Higher. I would advise everyone to enjoy the drama, including fans who overreact. Sports are a great microcosm of life in so many ways and relationships in general. Think about it...if you thought the world of your man, and he demonstrates he's good enough to be X/Y/Z - the greatest man in the world...but then fails to reach his potential, over and over, over and over, because of something he's consistently doing wrong...are you really never going to waver in your loyalty and support? Not even to freak out a little and have doubtful feelings? Is loyalty the ultimate trump card for the evidence of your mind? Of course you not; it's human nature to sense when things are *#$% up and we naturally want to fix that before it causes us pain. And we love sports because it speeds up that emotional roller coaster and gives us that sense of up and down with a team which on a personal level might take months and years to develop with another person. Thankfully, the effects are not so intense, given it's entertainment at the end of the day, but hopefully you get what I'm saying.

We're all here to enjoy the Miami Heat, support the Miami Heat, and I don't think it's a question of loyalty. Think about the example I gave above. Is every relationship perfect? Of course not. That man in my example, your emotional partner, is going to let you down in life. But a healthy relationship is one where honesty rules the day. Be honest about the letdown, what would change it, but at the end of the day you're still gonna sleep in the same bed. Have you seen married couples who've been together forever? They can just let each other have it, keeping it real, and they've been the most loyal to each other. So, haha, think of us fans like being married to the Miami Heat; we know we ain't leaving 'em, we know who they are, but we'll be damned if we don't given 'em crap when they leave their dirty socks on the floor and we've done told 'em a thousand times to put them in the hamper. It's all good, mrs rose.

i understand 100%,
And surely i get it however i loved you mentioned the marriage part of it.
You dont file for a divorce everytime your spouse makes you upset or falls short of your expections. You work it out, and everything is a (process) #spovoice lol. What i dont understand is how a team that will possibly pending tonights outcome go to the finals 2 years in a row is a failure, granted getting there isnt the goal its winning it. GOT IT, however everything has to come with time and learning from trials..

Forgive me with the whole if they dont do it this year its it for them. I dont think we have even played our best basketball together yet as a unit. Not one game have i seen the WHOLE team meet the ceiling, maybe one or two but imagine what this team will be (baring injury) through the whole contract being honored.

Again doesnt blind me on a lot of the mistakes that they do, but i remember im not perfect and neither is the team i cheer for.

mrs rose
06-09-2012, 12:41 PM
i love your post mrs rose. 1st of all, my reaction on your sig is "oh God why". LOL

this is just my opinion. the big 3 plus the celebration happened. when james said the infamous "not 3, not 4, not 5..." this made an effect on people that we should be winning by now and continue winning to create a dynasty. so when we lose games, we criticize because we cant win if we are losing.

some are overreacted too much like those guys who made trade threads. i never thought of trading one of the big 3 or the supporting cast every time we lose but just once, that's only last year when we loss the finals.

and tbh, i always get mad on our team when we are losing and on the players who are not performing well because i hate to lose. i demand excellence from them. dont get me wrong that i'm a bandwagon fan. i love our team. i'm with them thick or thin. i just get frustrated when we lose or even losing by not giving our efforts like in game 5. it's just who i am. but i never jumpship.

The trade threads ANNOY me, it comes from fans who dont even know about the word loyality.
Wade for instance whom is my favorite player, did/does so much for this team and city. And for the fans to question him or even ask for him to leave is beyond my understand.

Yes he hasnt been what he was in 06, and 09.
But he still should be respected enough not to call for a trade, i think thats why he didnt leave miami because how the fan base and the organization wouldnt throw him away like chopped liver when he starts to decline.

The issue isnt wade,lebron, or bosh. The issue is most of us have taken a big gulp of the kool aid the haters, and sport networks have given us to drink
Buy no means this team should be broken up, spo i for ONE CANT STAND HIS OFFENSE, his defense is killer at times, but that ISO/HERO BALL cant stand it.
But i wont call for him to leave, riley put him there for a reason!

We have no idea the inner workings of this team, and its amazing the things i read on here when we WIN, versus when we LOSE.
Message to those who do, if we win the same coaching staff and players were on the miami heat as when we LOSE.

Call me an old school heat fan, i was there when we had grant long, rony s, harold miner, and even bimbo coles/brian shaw.
Went through the years of timmy/zo who couldnt make it to the finals from heartbreaking series and injuries to ZO.

I will never give up on my team, and 2010 was for the fans like me not for the millions who just looking for a new hype to cheer for.
And you can tell them on here, its easy to see.

Also i loved how when u came here there topics with substance on here, but we also had fun. HEAT FAN AWARD SHOW etc, i miss the old guys and no knock on the new ones because its not ALL OF YOU. Just want the page to go back to the old DAYS of heat fan loyality and fun. While using our basketball IQ'S and common sense as well.

Mambo Kings
06-09-2012, 01:34 PM
mrs rose, I feel you, but things have definitely changed over time. Back in 2008 I used to post about wanting to get Lebron here and back then you wanted nothing to do with him, remember? I posted articles and rumors about how it might be possible to get him, but nobody here believed me. I know you feel differently know, about Lebron, and no one remembers how they doubted he could be a member of this team. But things have changed, haven't they?

I also remember the old Heat teams, the passion, the fire, the determination. When Zo' and Timbug couldn't win a championship, we didn't think they should be traded, but things change. Who could fault Riley and his old squads for not beating the Jordan-led Bulls? They played their hearts out...but it was Jordan. The difference you see now is we have our Jordan. We have Lebron. We have the Big 3. "We did it" was the feeling before last season.

What has cost us so far, lack of talent? Before last season, it was assumed Riley had bought a championship. People hated the Heat and the Big 3 because they were doing something "no one ever thought possible". Three mega-stars, in their primes, joining together. Game over. Hand us the trophy. But things have changed, haven't they? People no longer think we're invincible or even that our team is amazing. It started last year when we choked away the Finals.

And that's where this feeling comes from, the "trade ___" threads or "fire Spo" posts - what we all witnessed last year was disgusting. Worse, it was a sense of betrayal. We didn't lose to a superior team - the Heat celebrated early, lost their focus, and gave away the NBA Finals for all the wrong reasons. What you see a lot of these days is the result of feeling betrayed. And we were. Now, it's results - not excuses. The magic is kind of gone because they let it go.

Let's use that marriage example one more time...how many couples stay together after one person cheats? It rarely works out. Not because of the sex, but because of the trust. The betrayal of feelings. It's hard ever to look at that person the same way. When the Heat lose, or when they gave away the Finals last year, it's not because they played their hardest, were the most focused, or played together. This is not us going hard against Jordan in the 90s.

You used to admit, a while back, how Wade has changed. It's not age, it's mental. I remember your posts about his attitude, his ego, his feeling of entitlement. THAT is what we have no problem trading. His tears to the refs, his lack of effort through most games, THAT is what we have no problem trading. HE was the first one to be disloyal to US, starting with the Finals last year and continuing on to these playoffs where he's shown all the worst characteristics.

Wade>You
06-09-2012, 01:53 PM

In shorts where are the loyal fans at.. I miss you guys, this site was something to look foward to reading but now its trade this person, fire this person.. which makes the NBA MAIN page more of a must see.. and something is WRONG with that picture.:clap:

Good job, good effort, Mrs Rose. Great post.

mrs rose
06-09-2012, 02:04 PM
:clap:

Good job, good effort, Mrs Rose. Great post.

lol!!! thanks... i love your post as also one of the biggest wade fans i know

lilboytwister99
06-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Look I'm going to be rather blunt, but short with this. I can't say I'm a big Heat fan. I think the Heat would have been just fine with Wade and Bosh on the team. When Lebron joined I thought it hurt the team more than help them.

However, I am hoping the Heat win tonight. I think they have a much better chance against OKC, and I really think they have a chance to win it all against them. There's no way in hell they would have beaten the Spurs. I love the Spurs, but even THEY were getting on my nerves with their great playing LOL.

I seriously want to see Lebron finally win a ring. I like OKC, and I would love to see them win it all, but I truly think this may be Lebron's time to finally break through. I mean he SMOKED Boston the other night. If he can keep that desire and determination throughout the rest of the playoffs, the Heat won't be stopped.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Miami wins tonight. I want to see them win a ring. Well, I want to see Lebron win a ring. He is one of, if not THE best player out there and I know once he finally breaks the wall down and wins it all, he will reach levels unheard of.

So, YES, I say GO MIAMI!

mrs rose
06-09-2012, 02:52 PM
^guess im wondering what does that have to do with the topic.

mrs rose
06-09-2012, 02:53 PM
but lets go heat, i just want the knee jerk reactions to stop.... stay behind the boys, where is the loyality

naps
06-09-2012, 03:03 PM

Awesome post! Thanks.

lilboytwister99
06-09-2012, 03:14 PM
but lets go heat, i just want the knee jerk reactions to stop.... stay behind the boys, where is the loyality

My posts are off topic 9 times out of 10, but I just wanted to stop by and give my support for the Heat. I can honestly say I wouldn't be upset with either OKC or Miami winning it all.

I know I can't say I'm a loyal Heat fan, but in this case, I am all for it.

mrs rose
06-09-2012, 03:25 PM
My posts are off topic 9 times out of 10, but I just wanted to stop by and give my support for the Heat. I can honestly say I wouldn't be upset with either OKC or Miami winning it all.

I know I can't say I'm a loyal Heat fan, but in this case, I am all for it.

ok..... at least you are honest

lilboytwister99
06-09-2012, 03:46 PM
ok..... at least you are honest

Thank you. I tend to shoot straight with everyone. I don't find any reason to be any other way.

mrs rose
06-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Thank you. I tend to shoot straight with everyone. I don't find any reason to be any other way.

much respect, its just this page was so GREAT when i first joined and the summer 2010 was amazing.. but as last season went by it became hard to enjoy this page. not the haters, i actually love them.. they remind me we are on the national stage, but its the FANS not all but a lot of them that one day TEAMHEAT.. next day trade everyone.. i sit in awe, and just shake my head.

because it makes others who actually love this team get called unneccessary names, and bad stereotypes are added to everyone on here.

G-Menfan4lyfe
06-09-2012, 04:19 PM
I feel what you're saying Mrs. Rose. I used to come in the Heat forum all the time. I've been a fan since Zo came to Miami all those years ago. He's my favorite player of all time and the years of Zo and his kidney problems were tough for me being a kid and all and seeing your favorite player not able to play. And then losing to the Knicks over and over after Jordan wasn't there to knock us out.

The summer of 2010 was great for me. I loved coming in here and speculating and seeing Bulls fans and Knicks fans acting like we had no chance to land LeBron and that DWade was leaving. Then when they all came to Miami I was psyched at hell.

But now this forum just bores me. I don't get excited to come in and read the topics anymore because they are all the same. Just complaining about something.

Can we stop with having so many topics on stupid crap? I think we all know if we don't win game 7 tonight Spo is gone but that doesnt mean Wade, Bron or Bosh are leaving.

All this talk about trading one of them is ridiculous. What kind of message would that send if we get rid of one of them? Would I trade Wade for Dwight straight up? Hell yes. Would it ever happen? Hell no. Orlando wouldn't do it and Riley probably wouldn't do it even if Orlando would. And we aren't trading 2 of our big 3 for Dwight so just stop it people.

If we can get some interesting topics going in here maybe I'll come back. But for now I'm more interested in going into the NYG forum and reading offseason conversations than the rubbish going on here most of the time.

mrs rose
06-09-2012, 04:38 PM
I feel what you're saying Mrs. Rose. I used to come in the Heat forum all the time. I've been a fan since Zo came to Miami all those years ago. He's my favorite player of all time and the years of Zo and his kidney problems were tough for me being a kid and all and seeing your favorite player not able to play. And then losing to the Knicks over and over after Jordan wasn't there to knock us out.

The summer of 2010 was great for me. I loved coming in here and speculating and seeing Bulls fans and Knicks fans acting like we had no chance to land LeBron and that DWade was leaving. Then when they all came to Miami I was psyched at hell.

But now this forum just bores me. I don't get excited to come in and read the topics anymore because they are all the same. Just complaining about something.

Can we stop with having so many topics on stupid crap? I think we all know if we don't win game 7 tonight Spo is gone but that doesnt mean Wade, Bron or Bosh are leaving.

All this talk about trading one of them is ridiculous. What kind of message would that send if we get rid of one of them? Would I trade Wade for Dwight straight up? Hell yes. Would it ever happen? Hell no. Orlando wouldn't do it and Riley probably wouldn't do it even if Orlando would. And we aren't trading 2 of our big 3 for Dwight so just stop it people.

If we can get some interesting topics going in here maybe I'll come back. But for now I'm more interested in going into the NYG forum and reading offseason conversations than the rubbish going on here most of the time.

guess im not alone....... its a shame what has happened here, and i remember you were a normal poster on here. AND I miss you and your post.

Wade>You
06-09-2012, 05:53 PM
lol!!! thanks... i love your post as also one of the biggest wade fans i knowThanks, Mrs Rose. Just know I preach your message about not being so fickle with players that have been with the team for a long time and proven themselves. I try to remind people that certain players are going through a slump and we have to have faith that they will snap out of it. Haslem was a perfect example.

heattiltheend94
06-09-2012, 06:21 PM
agree completely. the worst part of bandwagon fans is that they have amnesia. They have no loyalty and only remember the previous game.

dnewguy
06-10-2012, 12:04 PM

This has got to be the dumbest post I ever read, what the hell does "loyal fans" mean? Are you saying fans passionate enough are fickle? You make absolutely no sense. Questioning passionate fans concerns is the height of stupidity....it's like saying you hate America for criticizing the Iraq war, and that makes someone not loyal to the country. You make no damn sense IMO.

unleashthebeast
06-10-2012, 12:12 PM

This has been my biggest problem with this forum recently as well. Especially the hate on Wade after a few bad games. This guy is the reason that we have a championship caliber team right now, instead of a team led by Michael Beasley. He ALSO is still a top 5 player in the league, a superstar. People making threads about trading him or questioning his shot selection after a few games is ridiculous. He is the man, let him do his thing. He brought home one trophy to MIA already, and he will do it again.

Mrs Rose I always love your threads. I have to check them out whenever I am on, even before I actually signed up for an account. A true HEAT and Wade fan, keep it up!

dnewguy
06-10-2012, 12:32 PM
This has been my biggest problem with this forum recently as well. Especially the hate on Wade after a few bad games. This guy is the reason that we have a championship caliber team right now, instead of a team led by Michael Beasley. He ALSO is still a top 5 player in the league, a superstar. People making threads about trading him or questioning his shot selection after a few games is ridiculous. He is the man, let him do his thing. He brought home one trophy to MIA already, and he will do it again.

Mrs Rose I always love your threads. I have to check them out whenever I am on, even before I actually signed up for an account. A true HEAT and Wade fan, keep it up!

Another idiotic assumption, criticizing Wade does not mean you hate Wade, no one started blaming Wade after a bad game many of us were unhappy with Wade after he continually showed a pattern of struggles throughout the season and many games in the post-season. Are you saying Wade can be as terrible as he want and we should shut-up? You and the OP make me sick, the assumption that passionate fans are pissed off at certain performances is a treasonous act is just plain disingenuous. Every one of us has blamed or have said something bad about a player or coach of this team at some point....if you haven't, then you're not really a fan. I don't call out the Bulls because I could care less, I only call out Heat players/coach because I am a fan.

unleashthebeast
06-10-2012, 01:06 PM
"Calling him out" is VERY different than making threads saying that we need to trade him. And we are in the finals man, the over reaction of some fans after one or 2 bad games on the coaches or the players is crazy. Listen to our coach say "stay the course, don't let go of the rope". Our fans should do the same thing. Some of the fans need to look at the big picture instead of overreacting after one game.

justinnum1
06-10-2012, 01:10 PM
"Calling him out" is VERY different than making threads saying that we need to trade him. And we are in the finals man, the over reaction of some fans after one or 2 bad games on the coaches or the players is crazy. Listen to our coach say "stay the course, don't let go of the rope". Our fans should do the same thing. Some of the fans need to look at the big picture instead of overreacting after one game.

That goes for the people that love to blame everything on the refs.

unleashthebeast
06-10-2012, 01:41 PM
^ absolutely agree to that as well justin

Wade>You
06-10-2012, 01:42 PM
My honest advice for those who agree with mrs rose:

Use the Ignore feature.

You guys don't know how many Heat fans I have on ignore because they're so fickle, and I won't reveal their names because some of them have actually gotten better and some of them are even on my friends list and I've known them for a while now.

But it's the truth of the matter and it sickens me to have to read some of the posts on this board until I just decided to ignore these people to filter out the quality posters from the ones that post the same garbage insults about our team.

Ex: I hated it when dnewguy talked bad about Haslem, but I didn't let it get to me because he actually contributes in other ways and manages to explain his posts rather than just posting some insult. Most importantly: he's not here every day reminding people of how he feels about a certain issue and he cools off and talks about other things. He's not on my ignore list, fwiw.

Ex: I hated having to read how justinnum1 is always reminding everyone once a day how LeBron is a choker, Wade is a bum, and Bosh is soft, how we should trade one of them, and how their contributions to this team mean absolutely nothing because they didn't win the 2011 NBA championship. Every day you can expect to be reminded about one of our players and their struggles in the current moment or their struggles/failures in the past. I have him on ignore, fwiw.

justinnum1
06-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Ah, but whenever the team loses its either spo's faul or the refs fault, am i right? yep, some people here dont want to acknowledge this team is not perfect and would rather blame the refs or spo when the going gets tough.

You use to be a good poster Wade>you, i dont know what happened, you started trolling your on team fans now you just post about refs and hating on spo. :pity:

HeatCheck69
06-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Everyone's saying Thunder in 6. ****. I still say Heat in 6.

justinnum1
06-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Everyone's saying Thunder in 6. ****. I still say Heat in 6.

Yea, i think heat in 6 is our best bet to win. We must win at least one of the first 2. Then at least 2 of the next 3 at home. And try and close it out in game 6. No clue what to expect. If OKC is making their jumpers they are very tough to beat. Wade will need to show up and at least one role player will need to give 12pts a game.

I expect some fast pace games, def one of the best finals match ups in a long time.

Underdogz∞
06-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Lets go Heat!

Wade>You
06-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Thanks, Mrs Rose. Just know I preach your message about not being so fickle with players that have been with the team for a long time and proven themselves. I try to remind people that certain players are going through a slump and we have to have faith that they will snap out of it. Haslem was a perfect example.Can anyone please list what Spolestra has done to prove himself with this team?

Can anyone list one of Spoelstra's accomplishments in his illustrious 4 seasons with the Heat?

The same reason certain fairweather fans hate on LeBron, Wade, Bosh and the rest of the team, Spoelstra receives none of the blame, despite the fact that Spo has failed every year in his career and has never once OVERachieved, let alone, ACHIEVED.

justinnum1
06-10-2012, 02:15 PM
He still reads my posts even tho he says i am on his ignore :laugh2:

Keep hating Spo bro, keep doing it! He just out coached doc rivers in a game 7 lmao

Spo has his problems, but a bigger problem is the team not being able to execute a game plan and playing lazy, but its spos fault they play lazy. Its spos fault lebron is balding too:rolleyes:

Underdogz∞
06-10-2012, 02:18 PM
I hate criticizing my teams but I have to give an honest opinion. I think Spo makes a plethora of mistakes coaching the Heat.

Untimely time outs
Poor personnel rotation decisions
Uncreative plays
Lack of motivating the players to play hard

Two things I do like about Spo coaching is his defensive style and his personal working relationship with the players.

I just think he is learning on the job and it hurts the team alot.

If this team had Phil Jackson level coach I really think every round would've ended in 5 games or less and the Heat would've breezed thru the playoffs.

justinnum1
06-10-2012, 02:20 PM
I hate criticizing my teams but I have to give an honest opinion. I think Spo makes a plethora of mistakes coaching the Heat.

Untimely time outs
Uncreative plays

Two things I do like about Spo coaching is his defensive style and his personal working relationship with the players.

If this team had Phil Jackson level coach I really think every round would've ended in 5 games or less and the Heat would've breezed thru the playoffs.

Yea, he's not perfect, but he would have a ring on his finger if lebron played to his avg in the finals last year. And if bosh never was injured we would have most likely beat indy and boston in 5.

As for the rotations, i dont think he does to bad a job, look at his options outside of wade, bron, rio, bosh and UD.

He will show a lot in the finals, because brooks is in a similar boat as spo. Spo has a real opportunity to out coach brooks imo

The one thing i dont like at times is this teams lack of motivation, i just dont understand that if they need a coach to motivate them why they cant motivate themselves to win a ring...

Every coach has to win their first ring.

Wade>You
06-10-2012, 02:23 PM
I just wanted to say this is the best thread that has been posted in a long time and it's long overdue.

It's about time that the real HEAT fans on this forum step up and call out the fairweather, bandwagon fans that are quick to jump off once the team loses.

Before I leave, just look how LeBron James speaks of Doc Rivers: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W2dJ5-2Hpk#t=1m2s

I'm willing to be he's never once spoken of or thought of Erik Spoelstra in that way.

And I'm pretty sure his sentiment is shared among the players in the locker room, especially after the way Boston pushed them to 7 games.

Wade>You
06-10-2012, 02:30 PM

Untimely time outs
Uncreative plays

If this team had Phil Jackson level coach I really think every round would've ended in 5 games or less and the Heat would've breezed thru the playoffs.I stopped criticizing Spo recently because I realized that we're gonna either win with him or lose with him, and if we lose, he will be gone. So no point in continuing on with criticizing him. I wish him the best because if he does good, then that means the Heat did good.

But if you ask me: it's gonna come down to our players more than it will come down to how our coach utilizes the players.

justinnum1
06-10-2012, 02:34 PM
I stopped criticizing Spo recently because I realized that we're gonna either win with him or lose with him, and if we lose, he will be gone. So no point in continuing on with criticizing him. I wish him the best because if he does good, then that means the Heat did good.

Fair enough, im not sure he would be fired if we lose tho. That would mean riley would have to go outside the "family" unless riley himself decided to coach, which would be cool. I actually think fizdale would make a good coach, but it would be his first time coaching.

It would also depend why we lose if he gets fired or not. I like his game plans, ,i just wish the players would play hard all 48min on defense. Cant be any complaining to the refs in the finals, thunder are to fast and will take advantage of our players not getting back on d.

^yea, you added the players part after i quoted, totally agree.

Underdogz∞
I just wanted to say this is the best thread that has been posted in a long time and it's long overdue.

It's about time that the real HEAT fans on this forum step up and call out the fairweather, bandwagon fans that are quick to jump off once the team loses.

Before I leave, just look how LeBron James speaks of Doc Rivers: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W2dJ5-2Hpk#t=1m2s

I'm willing to be he's never once spoken of or thought of Erik Spoelstra in that way.

And I'm pretty sure his sentiment is shared among the players in the locker room, especially after the way Boston pushed them to 7 games.

This is exactly why I think the taking games off and plays off fall s on Spo thats what a great Coach does obviously a Coach can't get out there and play unless its Bill Russell :D Its Spo's fault imo a Coach is the motivator in many ways. Players have to buy in to what their Coach says.

Wade>You
He still reads my posts even tho he says i am on his ignore :laugh2:a) You've never used the ignore feature, have you? There's a "view post" option.
b) You responded to me and I responded to you. After this, there probably won't be any more communication between us.

justinnum1
06-10-2012, 02:37 PM
This is exactly why I think the taking games off and plays off fall s on Spo thats what a great Coach does obviously a Coach can't get out there and play unless its Bill Russell :D Its Spo's fault imo a Coach is the motivator in many ways. Players have to buy in to what their Coach says.
See, thats what i dont understand. If wade and lebron need a coach to make them get back on D each time, what does that say about the players? Do you think scott brooks is a good coach?

a) You've never used the ignore feature, have you? There's a "view post" option.
b) You responded to me and I responded to you. After this, there probably won't be any more communication between us.

Of course i use it, you were on my ignore for a while when all you would post about was refs and spo, then you got better and i took you off.

Donuts365
06-10-2012, 02:38 PM
good game heat fans you were the better team in the 4th quarter last nite good luck inda finals

Wade>You
06-10-2012, 02:41 PM
LoL @ the Russell joke.

Good points on Spo and there's a ton of more things that he does poorly that he continues to do and has done for 4 years now, too much to list and this isn't the appropriate thread. It's just that justinnum1 tried to derail the thread by professing his loyalty for Spoelstra. I seriously believe he's related him to or something but he just won't come out and admit it.

justinnum1
06-10-2012, 02:42 PM
LoL @ the Russell joke.

Good points on Spo and there's a ton of more things that he does poorly that he continues to do and has done for 4 years now, too much to list and this isn't the appropriate thread. It's just that justinnum1 tried to derail the thread by professing his loyalty for Spoelstra. I seriously believe he's related him to or something but he just won't come out and admit it.

Wade is the loyal one, a new coach is not happening, so i wouldnt count on it.

Is scott brooks a good coach?

Underdogz∞
06-10-2012, 02:47 PM
See, thats what i dont understand. If wade and lebron need a coach to make them get back on D each time, what does that say about the players? Do you think scott brooks is a good coach?

Of course i use it, you were on my ignore for a while when all you would post about was refs and spo, then you got better and i took you off.

Yes because I think he has a good influence over his teams direction. And I like the way he rotates his players. Westbrook gets out of control at times other than that he has players in good roles on his team imo.

Underdogz∞
06-10-2012, 03:00 PM
To get back on topic tho I'm most loyal to DWADE in terms of the players on the Heat DWADE is my guy if he leaves the team I'd be crushed.

BBall is my second sport. I'm a huuuuge NFL guy first but DWADE is my guy! Although I so miss seeing ZO and Tim Hardaway play. I've always like the Heat but never had a NBA team.

I have a little secret tho I never play with the Heat in 2K. I really like playing with the Pacers.

justinnum1
06-10-2012, 03:05 PM
To get back on topic tho I'm most loyal to DWADE in terms of the players on the Heat DWADE is my guy if he leaves the team I'd be crushed.

BBall is my second sport. I'm a huuuuge NFL guy first but DWADE is my guy! Although I so miss seeing ZO and Tim Hardaway play. I've always like the Heat but never had a NBA team.

I have a little secret tho I never play with the Heat in 2K. I really like playing with the Pacers.

Wade is my favorite player. He will not be traded from miami and he shouldn't imo(unless he asks which i dont ever see happening) I think he is injured(knee) the heat would never let that info get out but i expect to hear in a few weeks that wade had some surgery done on his knee. I also expect him to have a big finals for us.(unless okc doubles him like boston was)

Jay16
06-10-2012, 03:05 PM
The trade threads ANNOY me, it comes from fans who dont even know about the word loyality.
Wade for instance whom is my favorite player, did/does so much for this team and city. And for the fans to question him or even ask for him to leave is beyond my understand.

Yes he hasnt been what he was in 06, and 09.
But he still should be respected enough not to call for a trade, i think thats why he didnt leave miami because how the fan base and the organization wouldnt throw him away like chopped liver when he starts to decline.

The issue isnt wade,lebron, or bosh. The issue is most of us have taken a big gulp of the kool aid the haters, and sport networks have given us to drink
Buy no means this team should be broken up, spo i for ONE CANT STAND HIS OFFENSE, his defense is killer at times, but that ISO/HERO BALL cant stand it.
But i wont call for him to leave, riley put him there for a reason!

We have no idea the inner workings of this team, and its amazing the things i read on here when we WIN, versus when we LOSE.
Message to those who do, if we win the same coaching staff and players were on the miami heat as when we LOSE.

Call me an old school heat fan, i was there when we had grant long, rony s, harold miner, and even bimbo coles/brian shaw.
Went through the years of timmy/zo who couldnt make it to the finals from heartbreaking series and injuries to ZO.

I will never give up on my team, and 2010 was for the fans like me not for the millions who just looking for a new hype to cheer for.
And you can tell them on here, its easy to see.

Also i loved how when u came here there topics with substance on here, but we also had fun. HEAT FAN AWARD SHOW etc, i miss the old guys and no knock on the new ones because its not ALL OF YOU. Just want the page to go back to the old DAYS of heat fan loyality and fun. While using our basketball IQ'S and common sense as well.

Some people need to read the bolded parts OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.

mrs rose
06-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Wow Heat Nation,
Doesnt it feel good to go back to the finals, i just read a lot of the post on here and i THANK YOU for those who see what im saying, and those that dont agree... thats fine as well you have a right to your view points.

At the end of the day this page allows us to voice our concerns, and allows us to give our view points. As a heat fan very happy we have a page to do this on, share photo, basketball knowledge etc.

But the facts are just those... facts. No one wants to be reading the same negative comments over and over again.
This page really got me through some rough days when i was in IRAQ in 2009-2010.
Basketball is a stress reliever and i love it, and most of my team i cheer for.
So yes i dont post as much, do to the substance on this page.

We have enough haters out there, to hate on each other.
And show division within the fan base, but last night was a night all HEAT fan showed have enjoyed old and new.

Lets finish off the goal, and we should make a goal to make this page less combative interms of US TRUE FANS.. Yes we wont agree on everything, but some of the stuff that can be knocked down i suggest we do.

Cant stand to hear our fanbase is nothing, and we are bandwagon fans.
I know for me i dont fall into none of those categories but when you read is on here you can see someone with less knowledge of what a true miami heat fan is, can get that perception.

LETS GO HEAT 4 MORE WINS TO GO

justinnum1
06-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Wow Heat Nation,
Doesnt it feel good to go back to the finals, i just read a lot of the post on here and i THANK YOU for those who see what im saying, and those that dont agree... thats fine as well you have a right to your view points.

At the end of the day this page allows us to voice our concerns, and allows us to give our view points. As a heat fan very happy we have a page to do this on, share photo, basketball knowledge etc.

But the facts are just those... facts. No one wants to be reading the same negative comments over and over again.
This page really got me through some rough days when i was in IRAQ in 2009-2010.
Basketball is a stress reliever and i love it, and most of my team i cheer for.
So yes i dont post as much, do to the substance on this page.

We have enough haters out there, to hate on each other.
And show division within the fan base, but last night was a night all HEAT fan showed have enjoyed old and new.

Lets finish off the goal, and we should make a goal to make this page less combative interms of US TRUE FANS.. Yes we wont agree on everything, but some of the stuff that can be knocked down i suggest we do.

Cant stand to hear our fanbase is nothing, and we are bandwagon fans.
I know for me i dont fall into none of those categories but when you read is on here you can see someone with less knowledge of what a true miami heat fan is, can get that perception.

LETS GO HEAT 4 MORE WINS TO GO
:nod:

naps
06-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Let's ****ing goooo!

rex.reyesiii
06-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Great opening message. Been lurking and I can't believe some threads :facepalm:

Jumped the bandwagon in 2006 when they won it all. Been loyal ever since. Stopped signing in because I posted my real name lol. Damn Facebook and its anti-anonymity crap. :rolleyes:

I just can't believe the messages posted here after I watch the replays. Some comments are almost off and is an overreaction and none descriptive of the actual games imho.

Just posting from an "outsiders" pov. But its great using/stealing/ripping off people's posts/arguments here as "weapons" for other forums im signed in to defend my HEAT with OKC Bandwagoners, Bulls fans etc. ^_^

justinnum1
06-10-2012, 11:59 PM
Great opening message. Been lurking and I can't believe some threads :facepalm:

Jumped the bandwagon in 2006 when they won it all. Been loyal ever since. Stopped signing in because I posted my real name lol. Damn Facebook and its anti-anonymity crap. :rolleyes:

I just can't believe the messages posted here after I watch the replays. Some comments are almost off and is an overreaction and none descriptive of the actual games imho.

Just posting from an "outsiders" pov. But its great using/stealing/ripping off people's posts/arguments here as "weapons" for other forums im signed in to defend my HEAT with OKC Bandwagoners, Bulls fans etc. ^_^
lol, someone else on here is from philipenes. did you see that fight last night?

rex.reyesiii
06-11-2012, 12:05 AM
lol, someone else on here is from philipenes. did you see that fight last night?

Also just seen the replays. ... disappointing, this place could have erupted in glorious triump if pacman, not only spoelstra came out victorious...

...but then again Pacman's a Celtic Fan. :o

:D

flashwade03
06-11-2012, 12:52 AM
well im a d wade fan since 2003 ..
i named my son "dwyane"same exact spelling ..
plus ,never i mention to trade him ..
im loyal i guess :)

Wade>You
06-11-2012, 12:41 PM
well im a d wade fan since 2003 ..
i named my son "dwyane"same exact spelling ..
plus ,never i mention to trade him ..
im loyal i guess :)lol that's awesome man.

Just be glad you didn't come to PSD for help with naming your son or else "Washed up" would have a lot of explaining to do throughout the rest of his life.

flashwade03
06-11-2012, 02:32 PM
lol that's awesome man.

Just be glad you didn't come to PSD for help with naming your son or else "Washed up" would have a lot of explaining to do throughout the rest of his life.

well my father started to named us all with letter D on the beginning of each name ..so i just decided to continue with the trend and dwyane is my first and only choice ..lol my 4 yr old son knows d wade too and also his fav. :) so i guess theres little explanation in the future lol

Wade>You
06-11-2012, 03:48 PM
well my father started to named us all with letter D on the beginning of each name ..so i just decided to continue with the trend and dwyane is my first and only choice ..lol my 4 yr old son knows d wade too and also his fav. :) so i guess theres little explanation in the future lollol I like that and I guess your decision was that much easier if you kept the streak of names starting with "D" going. Your son got to meet Dwyane Wade? Lucky kid. That's like one of my dreams right there, along with meeting the rest of the Heat players + coaches + FO.