PDA

View Full Version : Without Lebron, will Heat get out of first round?

dnewguy
06-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Just wondering how far you think a Wade/Bosh combo can go without Lebron. I dont see them getting past the Knicks, I don't think Jordan had this kinda terrible team around him when the Bulls were a contender.

bucketss
06-08-2012, 09:35 AM
vs the knicks? easily.

ATX
Out of the 1st round, with Wade and Bosh? Yes. Getting by Indiana though, no.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
easily, they could get 2 good role players instead of lebrons contract

MonroeFAN
06-08-2012, 09:36 AM
They would have lost to Indiana.

Blitzace137
06-08-2012, 09:44 AM
Are you talking about a healthy Knicks team if so then NO... Lin,Sumpert were out and Chandler had a serious flew problem. Healthy Knick team would have beat them IMO.

JordansBulls
06-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Just wondering how far you think a Wade/Bosh combo can go without Lebron. I dont see them getting past the Knicks, I don't think Jordan had this kinda terrible team around him when the Bulls were a contender.

:laugh2: At the notion that the Heat are terrible.

Wade/Bosh could win it all ala Kobe/Gasol. However you would replace Lebron's contract with someone like Kaman and it is a done deal. Obviously Kaman isn't Lebron however Wade and Lebron play the same and both need the ball to be effective. With Lebron gone, Wade can play his game every game. This is why it is difficult for them to dominate together and why when one has a good game the other usually does not in most big games.

NSJ
06-08-2012, 11:02 AM
They'd have a couple more role players if they didn't have to pay lebron and would be a good team. More touches for wade and bosh and less pressure for them to give it up to lebron for 20 25 shots a game. Defensively they'd lose a lot but they might be able to make that up with a couple more guys. I think they could possibly be in the same position they are in now.

King41
06-08-2012, 11:06 AM
first round yes but with the pacers they would loose

RLundi
06-08-2012, 11:06 AM
I think people forget Bosh is a top-10 player. All they think about is dinosaur and soft and whatever, but this guy is a good player. If he was the second option and Wade the first, Miami would still be an elite team, provided they used LeBron's salary to get ideal role players and a serviceable big man.

But whoever said they wouldn't get past the Knicks is delusional, even if NY was healthy.

knicks4life33
06-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Knicks in 7 just for the fact chandler would contain bosh. Wade would carry the heat but the x factor is bosh and chandler on him I don't think he can be effective. The role players would really have to step up

knicks4life33
06-08-2012, 11:11 AM
I think people forget Bosh is a top-10 player. All they think about is dinosaur and soft and whatever, but this guy is a good player. If he was the second option and Wade the first, Miami would still be an elite team, provided they used LeBron's salary to get ideal role players and a serviceable big man.

But whoever said they wouldn't get past the Knicks is delusional, even if NY was healthy.

I think your delusional call bosh a top 10 player in this league. Top 20 yes

RLundi
06-08-2012, 11:23 AM
I think your delusional call bosh a top 10 player in this league. Top 20 yes

He still has top 10 talent even if he doesn't get the usage he used to in Toronto. I'll spot you the extra 5 players and say top 15, just because your memory is obviously skewed and you forget that just 2 seasons ago he was fourth in efficiency and ninth in scoring.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-08-2012, 11:41 AM
If all else stays equal, I like the Pacers and Knicks. However, if they replace the money Lebron is being paid with solid role players they coud go far.

Chronz
06-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Not with this version of Wade. WTF is wrong with him, are his knees wrecked or something?

knicks4life33
06-08-2012, 11:46 AM
He still has top 10 talent even if he doesn't get the usage he used to in Toronto. I'll spot you the extra 5 players and say top 15, just because your memory is obviously skewed and you forget that just 2 seasons ago he was fourth in efficiency and ninth in scoring.

Oh really he doesn't still have top ten talent cause there are ten players better then him in the league even if he was on the team and don't make me throw out those ten names and say bosh is better then you cause you will be Ethered! Nice try though

Yankeefan213
06-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Who would guard Melo without LeBron? Battier? Please... Miami would not beat the Knicks in a 7 game series without LeBron, he is their whole team.

Dade County
06-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Yes because Pat would have spent the money else where and filled out the team with very good players.

RLundi
06-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Oh really he doesn't still have top ten talent cause there are ten players better then him in the league even if he was on the team and don't make me throw out those ten names and say bosh is better then you cause you will be Ethered! Nice try though

What are you, 14?

Try to have an adult discussion, as daunting as that undoubtedly seems for you. I conceded, I'll give you top 15, though it wouldn't be difficult to make a case for 10. But please name 19 players that are better than Bosh. Isn't that what you said?

Swashcuff
06-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Knicks in 7 just for the fact chandler would contain bosh. Wade would carry the heat but the x factor is bosh and chandler on him I don't think he can be effective. The role players would really have to step up

You do realize that Bosh's biggest asset on that offense is spacing right? If Tyson has to come out and guard Bosh who is going to protect the paint (Tyson's strong suit)? That would only make things much easier for Wade and Chamlers especially with no Shumpert.

Tyson stepping out and guarding Bosh would work in the Heat's favour not against it.

bucketss
06-08-2012, 12:03 PM

chandler would be less effective with bosh bringing him out of the paint bosh would put chandler in foul trouble quick if he was the second option.

Blitzbolt
06-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Yes Wade and Bosh with one or two good role players with the cap space from lebron.

But if you put Lebron in Bobcats they make the playoffs.

StarvingKnick22
06-08-2012, 12:13 PM
it would have been a fight vs. a healthy Knicks, but id think they would win :confused:

Slug3
06-08-2012, 12:26 PM
You take any teams best player away they won't be as good.

knicks4life33
06-08-2012, 12:46 PM
What are you, 14?

Try to have an adult discussion, as daunting as that undoubtedly seems for you. I conceded, I'll give you top 15, though it wouldn't be difficult to make a case for 10. But please name 19 players that are better than Bosh. Isn't that what you said?

I never said bosh is number 20 I said he is not a top ten he is prob top 20 and off my head here are a list of players better then him and prob few more I can't think of. Dwight howard, Kobe , Kevin love , Chris Paul , wade , lebron , Durant , westbrooke, rose , deron Williams , dirk , rondo and maybe few I'm forgetting

knicks4life33
06-08-2012, 12:51 PM
You do realize that Bosh's biggest asset on that offense is spacing right? If Tyson has to come out and guard Bosh who is going to protect the paint (Tyson's strong suit)? That would only make things much easier for Wade and Chamlers especially with no Shumpert.

Tyson stepping out and guarding Bosh would work in the Heat's favour not against it.

We are talking about a healthy Knicks team. And did you really say open the lane for chambers lol like he's lebron lol for wade yes and bosh wouldnt do to well with Tyson on him as seen in the past. Tyson is spot he can go out and guard perimiter

Raps18-19 Champ
06-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Possibly. The would have lost to the Pacers though the way Wade has been playing.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-08-2012, 12:55 PM
We are talking about a healthy Knicks team. And did you really say open the lane for chambers lol like he's lebron lol for wade yes and bosh wouldnt do to well with Tyson on him as seen in the past. Tyson is spot he can go out and guard perimiter

:laugh2:

One of the best offensive weapons Chalmers has is his floater.

What the hell are you talking about?

Swashcuff
06-08-2012, 01:00 PM

Yeah with no LeBron Chalmbers would have a much larger role to play offensively. He'd be more assertive on offense and would be attacking the basket quite a lot with Chandler playing the perimeter.

Bottom line without Tyson guarding the paint the Knicks would be wayyyy less effective defensively thus taking away their biggest strength against a team like the Heat.

knicks4life33
06-08-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm sorry guys chambers will turn into tony park lol lol

knicks4life33
06-08-2012, 01:06 PM
I apologize lol

Raps18-19 Champ
06-08-2012, 01:07 PM

Who said that he was going to be the next TP?

For someone who wants to become a mod, you sure like to troll.

knicks4life33
06-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Who said that he was going to be the next TP?

For someone who wants to become a mod, you sure like to troll.

Dude I'm having a discussion with you guys! Callin me a troll is insult I been here for years.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Dude I'm having a discussion with you guys! Callin me a troll is insult I been here for years.

Sarcastic comments with you not having any legit input hardly counts as a discussion.

benzni
06-08-2012, 01:16 PM
yes they would have. They would have lost next round

Corndog
06-08-2012, 02:24 PM
If you are basing it on this team no,basically because of Bosh's injury and how inconsistent Wade has been playing. But as others have said it would definitely depend on what they filled Lebron's contract with. They would be able to have alot more complete team. Also Wade would still be the leader of this team and probably wouldn't have developed his "attitude problem".

Vinny642
06-08-2012, 02:26 PM
NO..... 2 players and both in my opinion not being a top 5 player, and the other not a top 15 player.... with NO type of bench or role players, I mean since they are in the east they can get a 6-8 seed, and lose in the first round

MonroeFAN
06-08-2012, 02:33 PM
I think people forget Bosh is a top-10 player. .

I forgot.

ManRam
06-08-2012, 02:36 PM
It's close. With Wade being as streaky as he's been, and with their complete lack of depth that just compounds without LeBron, it could be tough to beat the Knicks. How do they counter Melo? LeBron being there to basically cancel out (if not more) really is the difference. Without him I can't imagine them having enough scoring. LeBron is also their best defender.

Could they? Sure. It would just take vintage Wade...and Wade has been incredibly streaky these playoffs. I don't know if I'd bet on it. It would really be a 2 man team...

But if LeBron wasn't there, the Heat would have a much different team. They would have done something to help their depth.

But yeah, Chalmers, Wade, Battier, Bosh, whatever-awful-center isn't too imposing. Especially not with their bench.

Vinny642
06-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Bosh top 10??? Lmfaooo thats a good one

NSJ
06-08-2012, 02:48 PM
I bet if lebron didn't go to miami we'd see dwight in a heat uniform

KingPosey
06-08-2012, 02:56 PM
The Knicks would still have gotten crushed. Wade would be able to dominate, he is that good. They would have extra pieces and with 2 true studs they would still be a title contender.

mightybosstone
06-08-2012, 03:00 PM

Wade/Bosh could win it all ala Kobe/Gasol. However you would replace Lebron's contract with someone like Kaman and it is a done deal. Obviously Kaman isn't Lebron however Wade and Lebron play the same and both need the ball to be effective. With Lebron gone, Wade can play his game every game. This is why it is difficult for them to dominate together and why when one has a good game the other usually does not in most big games.

But you're adding players to the team assuming Lebron's contract is gone. the thread clearly asks about the current Heat team without Lebron. And I'm not so sure they get past New York. You compare the Wade/Bosh duo to Kobe/Pau, but those Lakers teams had Lamar freakin' Odom and guys like Ariza, Artest, a young Andrew Bynum and a younger Derek Fisher. This Heat team is nowhere close to being as deep as those Lakers teams were, and if you took Lebron off this team, they would struggle mightily to create offense.

I think it would be close, but I would give the Knicks an edge if healthy. Assuming they were as banged up as they were in this postseason, though, I'd probably give it to Miami in 7.

rocket
06-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Yes

king4day
06-08-2012, 03:01 PM
The day Bosh signed, I thought that was a fantastic pairing. I thought they'd be powerhouses and assumed they'd add players around them to fill the team out. I didn't expect Lebron to be the fillter but yea I think there's no question they'd get out of the first round with the currently assembled team without Lebron. It wouldn't be easy but they'd find a way.

Ebbs
06-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Not with this version of Wade. WTF is wrong with him, are his knees wrecked or something?

Thank the lord Chronz is on the same page.

Assuming LeBron was out for the entire post season the way Wade has played this year no him and Bosh would not have been enough to slide past a healthy Knicks team.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-08-2012, 03:04 PM
I dont see how Melo could be stopped by the Heat without Lebron. When Battier was covering Melo, Melo embarrassed him. Only when they put Lebron on him was when he didnt play too good. Not to mention if this is the Wade that the other teams would be seeing than the Heat would have a lot of trouble. It also depends on whether or not without Lebron, Wade and Bosh took the full max instead of a discount. And also who they signed in Lebron's place. So many if's for a question like this.

KingPosey
06-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Thank the lord Chronz is on the same page.

Assuming LeBron was out for the entire post season the way Wade has played this year no him and Bosh would not have been enough to slide past a healthy Knicks team.

Wade had an amazing year. Do you mean his up and down post season?

RLundi
06-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Bosh top 10??? Lmfaooo thats a good one

Weren't you the same person that said the sole reason Kobe is better than Wade despite being less efficient is because he 'doesn't complain to the refs like Wade does'?

Weren't you also the same person that said Melo and Duncan are top 5 players but not Dwight?

Yeah, your opinion doesn't matter.

Vinny642
06-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Weren't you the same person that said the sole reason Kobe is better than Wade despite being less efficient is because he 'doesn't complain to the refs like Wade does'?

Weren't you also the same person that said Melo and Duncan are top 5 players but not Dwight?

Melo??? Noooooo I did not....

And no, Wade isn't better than Kobe because he doesn't have that drive that Kobe does, Kobe can go 0-15.... and in the last quarter he will find a way to bring his team back... Wade would just drive to the rim, and complain, Kobe is a way better leader, a way better all around scorer, Wade's three point game is not there, and Kobe doesn't have a player better then him, taking most of the attention like Wade does with Lebron..... you can claim your stats all you want, but stats only tell one half of the story, and the only reason you would say Duncan isn't is because of his "stats" when you know Pop gives him days off and didnt play him in as many minutes as the younger players... but in the playoffs up to the Thunder series, he was amazing.

Vinny642
06-08-2012, 03:14 PM

And you may need to re-read some stuff, because nothing you said he was correct, except the Duncan being top 5.... which can be argued...

Bruno
06-08-2012, 03:16 PM

because the Miami Heat would have just sat on the 15 million+ a year they pay LeBron, right?

RLundi
06-08-2012, 03:16 PM
I never said bosh is number 20 I said he is not a top ten he is prob top 20 and off my head here are a list of players better then him and prob few more I can't think of. Dwight howard, Kobe , Kevin love , Chris Paul , wade , lebron , Durant , westbrooke, rose , deron Williams , dirk , rondo and maybe few I'm forgetting

Okay, I can agree with that. I wouldn't say this list is absolute or comprehensive either but for the most part, I'm in agreance. You can even throw Griffin, Gasol and Bynum into a discussion of top 15 players, but the notion that Bosh is still a top player isn't as absurd as the ill-advised Heat-hating morons on PSD make it out to be.

Call him soft, call him a dino, fine. But Bosh is still a top talent in the NBA and playing with 2 other all-world talents don't undermine that.

Vinny642
06-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Okay, I can agree with that. I wouldn't say this list is absolute or comprehensive either but for the most part, I'm in agreance. You can even throw Griffin, Gasol and Bynum into a discussion of top 15 players, but the notion that Bosh is still a top player isn't as absurd as the ill-advised Heat-hating morons on PSD make it out to be.

Call him soft, call him a dino, fine. But Bosh is still a top talent in the NBA and playing with 2 other all-world talents don't undermine that.

Still, with the current roster the Heat have(minus Lebron) the Heat wouldn't get far, Bosh is soft and isn't a rebounder so who is going to get the rebounds?

You don't simply lose the best basketball player and still do good... like i said they can be 6-8 seed, maybe even 5th because the east is that bad

Swashcuff
06-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Still, with the current roster the Heat have(minus Lebron) the Heat wouldn't get far, Bosh is soft and isn't a rebounder so who is going to get the rebounds?

You don't simply lose the best basketball player and still do good... like i said they can be 6-8 seed, maybe even 5th because the east is that bad

Bosh is a better rebounder than KG and anyone on the 76ers or Pacers but that didn't stop those teams from advancing.

jetsforever
06-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Not if Wade played like he has played against the Celtics. But in most cases, past the first round, out in the second.

Lidz
06-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Without thinkin too much, you would say no. But you have to factor in the touches Wade would get in a game. With no LbJ, Wade would again be the leader of our team so gettin' in a groove on a nightly basis would be easier, solely because he doesn't have to split touches with another superstar.

Ebbs
06-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Wade had an amazing year. Do you mean his up and down post season?
yea.

JordansBulls
06-08-2012, 03:49 PM
But you're adding players to the team assuming Lebron's contract is gone. the thread clearly asks about the current Heat team without Lebron. And I'm not so sure they get past New York. You compare the Wade/Bosh duo to Kobe/Pau, but those Lakers teams had Lamar freakin' Odom and guys like Ariza, Artest, a young Andrew Bynum and a younger Derek Fisher. This Heat team is nowhere close to being as deep as those Lakers teams were, and if you took Lebron off this team, they would struggle mightily to create offense.

I think it would be close, but I would give the Knicks an edge if healthy. Assuming they were as banged up as they were in this postseason, though, I'd probably give it to Miami in 7.

Well the thread doesn't specify. It just says without Lebron. So you could look at it like the Dwight or Rose situation this year where Dwight was out near the end of the season with surgery or with Rose's situation. Or you could look at it like Lebron never signed with the Heat and the Heat have money. So which is it?

Vinny642
06-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Bosh is a better rebounder than KG and anyone on the 76ers or Pacers but that didn't stop those teams from advancing.

Hibbert...? and he isnt a better rebounder then KG wtf.. lol

Swashcuff
06-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Hibbert...? and he isnt a better rebounder then KG wtf.. lol

In Bosh's last season in Toronto Bosh had a TRB% of 17.7 KGs this season was 15.6 and Hibbert's (despite playing the C and having 4 inches on Bosh and KG) was 16.6.

It's not very farfetched to think that had there been no LeBron Bosh would have had a larger burden to carry on the glass.

mngopher35
06-08-2012, 04:18 PM
I think the question is asking about the heat as is, just taking lebron out. So asking how good is the supporting cast kind of. I think it would be a good first round series and the heat might win, but wouldn't make it past the second round. If wade was playing like he has this postseason they might get swept in the first round though..

Sactown
06-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Yes, Bosh would have stepped up as the #2 option, people forget how good this guy really is, honestly, he would be of more value than Wade if healthy right now and deserves to dig into some of wades touches, I think the Heat will serve much better in the future with Bosh as the 2nd options. It would take a lot of physical pressure off of Wade and elongate his career, plus Bosh is a more efficient player.

ChicagoJ
06-08-2012, 04:58 PM
The heat would have lost to Indiana or Boston without LeBron. Good defense can cause a lot of trouble for Wade, he can be shut down to an extent. But, LeBron has been dominating in the playoffs.

DR_1
06-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Out of the 1st round, with Wade and Bosh? Yes. Getting by Indiana though, no.

This

RLundi
06-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Melo??? Noooooo I did not....

And no, Wade isn't better than Kobe because he doesn't have that drive that Kobe does, Kobe can go 0-15.... and in the last quarter he will find a way to bring his team back... Wade would just drive to the rim, and complain, Kobe is a way better leader, a way better all around scorer, Wade's three point game is not there, and Kobe doesn't have a player better then him, taking most of the attention like Wade does with Lebron..... you can claim your stats all you want, but stats only tell one half of the story, and the only reason you would say Duncan isn't is because of his "stats" when you know Pop gives him days off and didnt play him in as many minutes as the younger players... but in the playoffs up to the Thunder series, he was amazing.

You're right, my apologies. Someone else said Melo was top 5.

But you're still terribly wrong about Duncan. His usage wasn't even that much lower with Popovich limiting his minutes, but his efficiency still dropped from his elite seasons. He was 13th in the league in efficiency, which is good, but couple that with his relatively low points per game and rebounds per game and there is no case to be made that he's still a top 5 player. And I don't consider averaging a mere bucket more per game in the postseason as 'amazing.'

And I never said Wade was better than Kobe- I said he was arguably a top 5 player and I presented evidence of exactly why. You on the other hand pointed to Kobe not whining as much as Wade does and that being a indicator of more heart or something, I'm not gonna go thumb through the posts to find it. And FYI, Kobe isn't a good three-point shooter either. Like I told you earlier, Wade is better in nearly every facet of the game- that's the evidence I presented. All you did was talk about officiating and being a leader ... how does that prove anything at all??

Corey
06-08-2012, 07:34 PM

Chalmers.

Chalmers.

Chalmers.

Chalmers.

dh144498
06-08-2012, 09:08 PM
No, if Lebron not playing is the only factor. But judging by this cursed aura that surrounds Lebron, if he wasn't on the Heat, Wade would probably be avging 30-6-6 atm. So who knows. :shrug:

knicks4life33
06-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Chalmers.

Chalmers.

Chalmers.

Chalmers.

I actually know its Chalmers but when i was typing Chalmers from my cell phone to post it kept changing it to chambers so I didnt change it cause i figured spelling doesnt count on PSD unless to some it does :facepalm:

OaklandsFinest
06-08-2012, 09:47 PM

How many guys are effective scorers without the ball? Again incorrect, Lebron still has good games when Wade dominates (once or twice) and Wade usually doesn't when Lebron dominates. Lebron even when he has a "bad" game is effective and scores, gets others involved. Wade has Kobe's shot selection without Kobe's shot making. Wade and Bosh don't get past Melo, Chandler, and Amare with a healthy shumpert

popo85
06-08-2012, 09:52 PM
I actually know its Chalmers but when i was typing Chalmers from my cell phone to post it kept changing it to chambers so I didnt change it cause i figured spelling doesnt count on PSD unless to some it does :facepalm:

Its ok it happens there was no need for him to type it 4 times though:rolleyes:

xxplayerxx23
06-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Not sure, If wade keeps shooting jumpers I think they dont get past a healthy Knicks team. Knicks healthy would give them fits, Amare and bosh cancle each other out, amare always comes to play vs bosh, Battier does a decent job on melo but cant shut him down shump and help could contain wade, but still I think They would possibly beat everyone in the east (minus healthy bulls). IMO wade would go to 25ppg and bosh would go back to his normal 23 and 9

b@llhog24
06-08-2012, 10:17 PM

I agree that they could do it if you replace his contract with 2 good enough players but man Kaman is horrible.

effen5
06-08-2012, 10:20 PM
A better question would be...could the Heat get out of the first round without Wade....