PDA

View Full Version : Boston's Big 3 vs Miami's Big 3

AaronMilesDavis
06-08-2012, 02:38 AM
Why is Miami hated?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-g3a_gIkjA

bigsams50
06-08-2012, 02:47 AM
Basically :shrug: Instead of having a press conference like normal human beings. They had a concert

jimm120
06-08-2012, 02:47 AM
first of all, the boston "big 3" came together when many of them were already about to START on their downward spiral of their careers. KG was pretty "old" and had given his best years to the Wolves. Allen's best years were with the Bucks and Seattle. Only one in his prime was Pierce.

ALSO, both KG and Allen were traded there....Allen against his will and KG was in a position in which he was gonna get traded no matter what, and he ended up in Boston.

the big 3 of Miami was different. How? It seemed like something conspired quite a while before 2010. they were all free agents that signed with that team together. They were all in their prime. Lebron choked badly with that TV announcement. Oh, and then the party and the "not 1, not 2, not 3, etc" part.

That's the main difference.

But whatever. Who cares?

ChitownBears22
06-08-2012, 02:49 AM
Another big difference was they didn't go to Chicago, NY, or NJ.

popo85
06-08-2012, 02:51 AM
Pierce was asking out of Boston before the other 2 came in. When they traded for Allen, Pierce was still unhappy until McHale traded KG there. Wade on the other hand was recruiting players to Miami that summer.

Miami also gave Shaq the key to the city when he got traded there, just because LeBron James was part of this one people had to point out negativity.

naps
06-08-2012, 02:58 AM
Yeah, another thread. Seems like a few people can't stand the game Heat and LeBron played tonight.

llemon
06-08-2012, 02:59 AM
Another big difference was they didn't go to Chicago, NY, or NJ.

Wouldn't that be a similarity?

ChitownBears22
06-08-2012, 03:04 AM
I wasn't commenting on JIM120 comment. He said it was conspired and that is why people ridicule the move.

llemon
06-08-2012, 03:06 AM
I wasn't commenting on JIM120 comment. He said it was conspired and that is why people ridicule the move.

I like my interpretation better.

ChitownBears22
06-08-2012, 03:09 AM
I like my interpretation better.

Haha. Fair enough. Either way bitter fans.

JC_
06-08-2012, 03:12 AM
Pierce was asking out of Boston before the other 2 came in. When they traded for Allen, Pierce was still unhappy until McHale traded KG there. Wade on the other hand was recruiting players to Miami that summer.

Miami also gave Shaq the key to the city when he got traded there, just because LeBron James was part of this one people had to point out negativity.

When Boston got the big 3 I was pissed off and couldn't understand how teams would trade such good players to one team.. Props to Boston for pulling it off but I still don't like the idea of crappy teams knowingly stacking one team when those players aren't free agents.

Fnom11
06-08-2012, 04:13 AM
Basically :shrug: Instead of having a press conference like normal human beings. They had a concert

It wasn't even their idea lol....It's so funny listening to people nitpick why they hate Lebron/Heat. People can be so pathetic sometimes.

bigsams50
06-08-2012, 04:56 AM
It wasn't even their idea lol....It's so funny listening to people nitpick why they hate Lebron/Heat. People can be so pathetic sometimes.

I dont hate LeBron. I am a big LeBron fan. I just hate the HEAT. I am rooting for LeBron to win his first ring this year. I just like that he is doing it with the HEAT

theheatles
06-08-2012, 08:02 AM
LOL once Wade, Bron and Bosh had their celebration, the video of shaq pulling up on the trailer of the 18 wheeler spraying fans with the super soaker as music was blasting, i swear that video disappeared off the face of this planet

dnewguy
06-08-2012, 08:58 AM
If Boston got the best player on the planet, they will celebrate also but all they got was 2 old hags and it's always cold in Boston.

NYJ - NYY
06-08-2012, 09:40 AM
If Boston got the best player on the planet, they will celebrate also but all they got was 2 old hags and it's always cold in Boston.

2 old hags that won a ship when the heat havent accomplished anything yet?

hugepatsfan
06-08-2012, 09:45 AM

We also got a ring... something the best player on the planet hasn't gotten yet.

bigsams50
06-08-2012, 09:45 AM

This post is another reason why people hate the Miami Big 3. The way some fans act

Rapsfanforlife
06-08-2012, 09:57 AM
I think the biggest difference is the way they came together and announced it. The celebration and just the optics of how they came to Miami...it left a sour taste in alot of peoples mouths. IMHO if they just announced that they signed in Miami, without the TV slot, without the huge party...I think the impact would have been more profound. The big 3 with Boston...they were traded there, at the beginning non of them wanted to be there...and then they took the approach of business. I think its a maturity thing! ha

Personnally, not a heat fan because of the approach they took. They are all obviously amazing players and I completely respect their game...but I just don't like the way they handled things....and every league needs a team to hate! haha As a 40yr old, who is still very involved in basketball at all levels through playing and coaching, I really want to see Boston win...for all the old guys out there!

hugepatsfan
06-08-2012, 10:01 AM
As a 40yr old, who is still very involved in basketball at all levels through playing and coaching, I really want to see Boston win...for all the old guys out there!

I want to see BOS win just because I think we should promote their style f play over MIA's. They play such a more exciting brand of basketball IMO. ISO everyplay followed by free throws half the time is so ****ing boring. I was really hoping for a BOS-SA Finals mathup because I miss the days when teams scored off of creative play designs and teamwork rather than just getting your best player switched onto a guy smaller than him and than ISOing him while everyone stands still waiting for a spot up look.

Hawkize31
06-08-2012, 10:05 AM
This post is another reason why people hate the Miami Big 3. The way some fans act

Yeah, because 100% percent of Boston fans are awesome.

hugepatsfan
06-08-2012, 10:06 AM

Oh please, just watch the games played in MIA. Their crowd is full of idiots. BOS fans at least care about/somewhat understand the game. MIA fans are the type that need to have "Cheer" and "Boo" written in big letters on the jumbotron so they know what to do.

bigsams50
06-08-2012, 10:17 AM

I have not seen many bad Celtic posters on this site :shrug: While there are a handful of Heat fans that are bad. This is not a shot at the whole fanbase. Just that this site has more bad Heat posters then Celtic posters imo

Slug3
06-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Every fan base has great fans and idiot fans. No matter what team it is.

Chronz
06-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Bron had an interview where he was similarly congenial, but I guess we should ignore actual interview settings and focus on a celebratory event meant to hype the fans up for a new season. Its great marketing, thats it, lets not turn it into a true reflection of their thoughts.

utl768
06-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Why is Miami hated?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-g3a_gIkjA

jealousy

no other reason really

llemon
06-08-2012, 02:23 PM
jealousy

no other reason really

Nah. I think it's that many fans don't like rich, sneaky underhanded **** suckers plotting so they can join together on one team.

Just my opinion.

ManRam
06-08-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm not watching that video because I'm at work...so since you didn't articulate in the OP really specifically what this was about, pardon me if I'm talking about the wrong subject.

1. Boston's Big 3 formed "involuntarily"...meaning they didn't buddy up in FA.
2. Boston's Big 3 were in the mid-late parts of their careers and had already paid their "dues" on bad teams.
3. Boston's Big 3 didn't include LeBron James, the most polarizing athlete of our generation

Miami's Big 3 came together thru free agency, on their own will, and they were bold and celebratory about it. It was their own decision that they decided basically together. It wasn't illegal, but it was unlike really anything we had seen before. The closest thing I can think of was Orlando getting Grant and T-Mac that one off-season...unfortunately that just didn't work out.

Basically, it was a much more unique and unprecedented process, and involved LeBron. Those two things, as well as the OBSESSIVE media attention, really are why IMO one was so "loved" and the other so "hated".

thekmp211
06-08-2012, 02:39 PM
has it not been established that most mainstream "hate" for the heat is ridiculous and misplaced?

"hollywood as hell" is the phrase stephen a. has used, i think it's overblown, but until this team wins a ring they better approach every game like last night. when they don't, it's obvious, and when they DO, it's obvious.

boston will rarely give subpar effort, they may not always execute or play as a team, but no one on that team can be accused of not trying.

besides that i think it's well-established BS at this point.

llemon
06-08-2012, 02:44 PM
has it not been established that most mainstream "hate" for the heat is ridiculous and misplaced?

"hollywood as hell" is the phrase stephen a. has used, i think it's overblown, but until this team wins a ring they better approach every game like last night. when they don't, it's obvious, and when they DO, it's obvious.

boston will rarely give subpar effort, they may not always execute or play as a team, but no one on that team can be accused of not trying.

besides that i think it's well-established BS at this point.

'established'?

Who has final authority on that?