PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Green??

RealLiveBear
06-07-2012, 10:21 PM
I was just sitting here watching the game and was thinking about him. Has anyone heard anything about him lately? Celtics would be that much better/deeper with him this season. Really is a shame how his first years in Boston are unfolding.

Blazers#1Fan
06-07-2012, 10:34 PM
he's trying to recover still and he's a free agent now

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-07-2012, 10:35 PM
He had the heart condition before the season started that didn't allow him to play this season. He's been with the team with the whole season though so he'll probably be back with the C's next year.

Fresno
06-07-2012, 10:36 PM
I was just sitting here watching the game and was thinking about him. Has anyone heard anything about him lately? Celtics would be that much better/deeper with him this season. Really is a shame how his first years in Boston are unfolding.

He went back to Georgetown and got his degree after heart surgery.

But he's been at the Celtics games throughout the Playoffs and has been in the Locker Room after each game. All signs are he's going to re-sign with the Celtics as soon as he is medically cleared to resume playing.

Super.
06-07-2012, 10:42 PM
He's been on the bench with the team for quite a few games, and working out with the team at the Celtic's facilities.

I fully expect Green to be back in Boston

Swashcuff
06-07-2012, 10:45 PM
He had the heart condition before the season started that didn't allow him to play this season. He's been with the team with the whole season though so he'll probably be back with the C's next year.

Yea he is a part of their plans for the future I expect him to remain a member of the Celts.

Mr_Amaziing
06-07-2012, 11:21 PM
I wish he could come back to Okc and be our 6 man

DaoudS
06-08-2012, 07:24 AM
I wish he could come back to Okc and be our 6 man

wtf is Harden....?

STL Don
06-08-2012, 07:34 AM
Boy could they use him right about now..

He'd at least be adding in 10-12+ pts, 5-7+ rebounds, athleticism and energy, his loss is definitely sticking out now.

Raf609
06-08-2012, 07:46 AM
I seen him in DC with Greg Monroe and Jeff Adrien going to some club to party. Lol

Mr_Amaziing
06-08-2012, 10:16 AM
wtf is Harden....?

Next year I can see James Harden be a starter. So if that happens then we need someone who can take over our 6 man position. And I'll rather have Jeff Green

hugepatsfan
06-08-2012, 10:20 AM
I really wish we had him and Bradley right now. BOS just can't score because MIA has so much more athleticism than us. Green and Bradley could get us some easy buckets just by getting up the floor in tranition w/ Rondo and cutting to the basket in the half court.

AntiG
06-08-2012, 10:26 AM
losing Green, Wilcox, Bradley and O'Neal hurt the Celtics a TON this season... truly amazing that they were still able to get this far.

KnicksorBust
06-08-2012, 10:38 AM
losing Green, Wilcox, Bradley and O'Neal hurt the Celtics a TON this season... truly amazing that they were still able to get this far.

In a bizarre way losing some of those guys is probably what saved their season. They started off rocky but the injuries forced/allowed them to slide KG to center full-time and gave Bass an opportunity to get consistent minutes and I think he's been much better than JO or Wilcox would have been. I agree they caught a bad break by losing Bradley but that's not nearly as bad as the Bulls losing Rose, the Heat losing Bosh, etc. In terms of injuries, the Celtics are the luckiest of the top 3 Eastern Teams.

King41
06-08-2012, 10:50 AM

this

thekmp211
06-08-2012, 11:33 AM
really want boston to pursue him at the right price.

rhymeratic
06-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Honestly I doubt he'll play again or at same level as before. His heart condition is SUPER serious. Look it up. This dude should now have a clamp in his chest to prevent further tearing but I think his NBA career is a wrap.

AntiG
06-08-2012, 12:03 PM
In a bizarre way losing some of those guys is probably what saved their season. They started off rocky but the injuries forced/allowed them to slide KG to center full-time and gave Bass an opportunity to get consistent minutes and I think he's been much better than JO or Wilcox would have been. I agree they caught a bad break by losing Bradley but that's not nearly as bad as the Bulls losing Rose, the Heat losing Bosh, etc. In terms of injuries, the Celtics are the luckiest of the top 3 Eastern Teams.

Well JO was already benched for Bass anyway before he went down for good. Wilcox was doing well for us off the bench in rotation with Stiemsma... his heart condition is what led to Hollins' signing. Having Green, Allen, O'Neal Pietrus and Wilcox off the bench would have been so badass.

KobeOwnSU
06-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Hopefully he can make a full recovery and be back next season. I hate when guys lose a career to something like this. Of course, he still has his life which is the most important thing by far.

CTCUBBIES
06-08-2012, 12:14 PM

Gotta be careful here - you could easily argue Celts are only in this position because of injuries to other teams. Beat a depleted Hawks team, got Sixers instead of Bulls in second round and have been playing Miami without Bosh.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Well JO was already benched for Bass anyway before he went down for good. Wilcox was doing well for us off the bench in rotation with Stiemsma... his heart condition is what led to Hollins' signing. Having Green, Allen, O'Neal Pietrus and Wilcox off the bench would have been so badass.

And David West almost came here as well:sigh:

thekmp211
06-08-2012, 02:53 PM
And David West almost came here as well:sigh:

as pleasantly decent as bass has been...

alfjdskfsdlkj. imagine.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-08-2012, 03:08 PM
KG would've been the center for the whole season and Bass would've been so much better coming off the bench. What if:sigh:

IndyRealist
06-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Jeff Green was also spotted at a Pacers playoff game watching his former Georgetown teammate Roy Hibbert. And he was with their mutual agent, David Falk. Just sayin'.

Ebbs
06-08-2012, 03:14 PM

Well said

IndiansFan337
06-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Next year I can see James Harden be a starter. So if that happens then we need someone who can take over our 6 man position. And I'll rather have Jeff Green

He certainly has earned that right, but I do not expect them to make that switch. Harden is unselfish, similar to Ginobili, and has accepted the role. He's still getting 30+ mpg and finishing games...So it really isn't a big deal that he isn't starting games. And he is a bit undersized at SG, so it's nice to start Sefalosha off on the opponents best wing scorer to keep their best 3 players fresh for offense and out of foul trouble.

Gram
06-08-2012, 05:50 PM
I seen him in DC with Greg Monroe and Jeff Adrien going to some club to party. Lol

Did you make an account just to say this? Lol.