PDA

View Full Version : Report: Spurs & Celtics interested in Andre Drummond

Fresno
06-07-2012, 06:07 PM
When asked what teams off the Top 5 radar want to meet with him, former UConn center Andre Drummond said the Celtics and Spurs.
http://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/210822233084534785

This is pretty surprising espescially since both teams have picks in the 20's, but both would have to make a huge deal to move up to get him.

Do you think the Spurs would move up so they can get Duncan a young player(Drummond is only 18) he can mentor like David Robinson did for him when he was young?

greg_ory_2005
06-07-2012, 06:13 PM
I feel Drummond needs a team like that to reach his full potential. If either one of them get him, watch out.

North Yorker
06-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Spurs offered Tony Parker to Toronto for Valanciunas, BC turned them down. Not surprised to hear this. And Im guessing Boston is gonna try to trade Pierce for a lotto pick? Unless they actually want to trade Rondo

airronijordan
06-07-2012, 06:16 PM
I could see Boston trading Pierce for a lottery pick....but who would be interested in an aging Pierce?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Rondo's as good as gone then.

Rondo for Curry and the pick.

AndyfromNeptune
06-07-2012, 06:22 PM
They will trade Rondo... the Celtics need a center so badly.

AndyfromNeptune
06-07-2012, 06:22 PM
And the Spurs will trade either Parker or Manu..definitely not Duncan

Sportfan
06-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Boston does have two first round picks btw.

I find it more likely they want to bring Drummond WITH Rondo then without. Playing with Doc/KG/Rondo would elevate his game. If any player gets traded it's Pierce or maybe even Bradley (hope not)

Fresno
06-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Spurs offered Tony Parker to Toronto for Valanciunas, BC turned them down. Not surprised to hear this. And Im guessing Boston is gonna try to trade Pierce for a lotto pick? Unless they actually want to trade Rondo

I could see Boston trading Pierce for a lottery pick....but who would be interested in an aging Pierce?

Boston has 2 picks at 21 & 22.

But I could definetly see Sacramento jumping on a deal for Paul Pierce sending the 5th pick + expiring salary filler to Boston for Pierce & one of their picks.

JNoel
06-07-2012, 06:25 PM
There was a report on twitter that Tim Duncan could be leaving the Spurs (which I don't believe) but this could possibly be a sign that he will either retire or sign with another team

Fresno
06-07-2012, 06:27 PM
They will trade Rondo... the Celtics need a center so badly.

Why would Boston trade Rondo?

He's their Franchise Player post-Big 3.

Boston was only shopping Rondo for another established star.

And the Spurs will trade either Parker or Manu..definitely not Duncan

Would anybody really want Parker and Manu for a Top 5 Pick?

Charlotte?

Cal827
06-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Sacremento Pick for Rondo... Boston will have to start rebuilding anyways lol

Allow evans to focus at the 2

Rondo
Evans
???
Thompson
Cousins

Decent I think.

fadedmario
06-07-2012, 06:34 PM
lol - neither will get a top 5 pick

Bishnoff
06-07-2012, 06:36 PM
I feel Drummond needs a team like that to reach his full potential. If either one of them get him, watch out.

I agree. Where Drummond ends up will be more critical to his development than most rookies.

The Flash
06-07-2012, 06:37 PM
There was a report on twitter that Tim Duncan could be leaving the Spurs (which I don't believe) but this could possibly be a sign that he will either retire or sign with another team

I thought he said he was a Spur for life few days ago...

popo85
06-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Playing next to KG or Duncan if they are re-signed will benefit him better then playing with any other team he will learn so much.

Fresno
06-07-2012, 06:48 PM

Rondo
Evans
???
Thompson
Cousins

Decent I think.

Uh, Kings already have a talented young PG in Isaiah Thomas.

Why would you put Rondo & Evans in a backcourt when neither can shoot? :eyebrow:

poleandreel
06-07-2012, 06:52 PM
So if the celtics win the championship, they are going to trade the guy who got them 2 ships and is one of their best players all time for an unproven 18 year old center?

Jesus

kenzo400
06-07-2012, 06:57 PM
So if the celtics win the championship, they are going to trade the guy who got them 2 ships and is one of their best players all time for an unproven 18 year old center?

Jesus

One word.. "future"

poleandreel
06-07-2012, 07:00 PM
One word.. "future"

Paul Pierce in the next 3 years is more valuable to the Celtics financially and in terms of winning. He can still average close to 20 and they are 1 game from the finals. If you get quality center/bench player with ray allens money, this team can still compete for the next 3 years.

idrinkpepsi
06-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Man if he got on the Spurs...

:drool:

MrfadeawayJB
06-07-2012, 07:04 PM
I dont see any of those teams getting a top 5 pick because they only have aged stars on the decline to offer

Giannis94
06-07-2012, 07:07 PM

john hammond. you can never underestimate his stupidity. period.

tonyd3b54
06-07-2012, 08:29 PM

But I could definetly see Sacramento jumping on a deal for Paul Pierce sending the 5th pick + expiring salary filler to Boston for Pierce & one of their picks.

if im the celtics i do that in a heart beat. they get to keep rondo, bradley and their other young players? all i really care about is rondo and bradley but id find it hard to believe the kings wouldnt atleast ask for bradley.

Fresno
06-07-2012, 09:10 PM
if im the celtics i do that in a heart beat. they get to keep rondo, bradley and their other young players? all i really care about is rondo and bradley but id find it hard to believe the kings wouldnt atleast ask for bradley.

I think its a fair deal for both teams.

If Sacramento has to move down, it would be huge to land a superstar, Top 5 SF who only has 2 years left on his deal to help get the Kings into being a Playoff competitor.

PG - Thomas/Fredette
SG - Evans/Thornton
SF - Pierce/Williams
PF - Thompson/Hayes
C - Cousins/#21 Pick(Fab Melo?)

I think that team is talented enough to be a #5 or #6 seed in the Western Conference, which is a huge jump from being a Lottery team.

Monta is beast
06-07-2012, 09:16 PM
The Spurs don't even have a 1st round pick this season. They traded it to the Warriors in the Stephen Jackson trade. And I don't think Lacob would accept Rondo for Curry & the 7th, because he already turned down Rondo for Curry straight up earlier this season.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Kawhi Leonard would be a good starting point.

I know the Kings need a SF.

thedfactor
06-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Drummond to the Spurs would be dynamite for both parties

John Walls Era
06-07-2012, 09:55 PM
So much potential. I hope the Celtics get him, but not sure what they can give.

Jint.
06-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Rondo's as good as gone then.

Rondo for Curry and the pick.

Eddy "Cheeseburger" Curry..?

hugepatsfan
06-07-2012, 10:03 PM
For a player that struggles to play up to his potential Doc is probably one of the coaches I'd give first crack at it. Sometimes players that strugle with effort issues need a coach that can a mentor for them rather than a teacher and that's what Doc is.

JLynn943
06-07-2012, 10:03 PM

If Sacramento has to move down, it would be huge to land a superstar, Top 5 SF who only has 2 years left on his deal to help get the Kings into being a Playoff competitor.

PG - Thomas/Fredette
SG - Evans/Thornton
SF - Pierce/Williams
PF - Thompson/Hayes

I think that team is talented enough to be a #5 or #6 seed in the Western Conference, which is a huge jump from being a Lottery team.
I would hate this trade. Boston has nothing worth the 5th pick that makes sense for the Kings.

DR_1
06-07-2012, 10:58 PM
If the Spurs want him, then he must not have as much risk of busting as I thought. The Spurs front office doesn't make mistakes.

kenzo400
06-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Paul Pierce in the next 3 years is more valuable to the Celtics financially and in terms of winning. He can still average close to 20 and they are 1 game from the finals. If you get quality center/bench player with ray allens money, this team can still compete for the next 3 years.

His scoring will slowly start to go down. He's going to be 36 years old next year. There is no way they will be in competition next year. They have played some great basketball this year, but it also helps that Bosh was basically out for this series.

They can still win of course, but still man they have to hang it up and it's better to trade one of the big three than let them go for nothing.

Catfish1314
06-08-2012, 12:52 AM

PG - Thomas/Fredette
SG - Evans/Thornton
SF - Pierce/Williams
PF - Thompson/Hayes

Wait, Pierce for the 5th overall pick? Maybe five or six years ago. Even if it happened, Evans and Pierce is an awkward fit on the perimeter to say the least.

Fresno
06-08-2012, 01:02 AM
Wait, Pierce for the 5th overall pick? Maybe five or six years ago. Even if it happened, Evans and Pierce is an awkward fit on the perimeter to say the least.

Actually, I was thinking of Pierce & the #21 pick to Sacramento for the #5 Pick + John Salmons.

If Harrison Barnes goes #4 to Cleveland then Sacramento wont be able to get the SF they really need.

topdog
06-08-2012, 01:05 AM

Duncan will retire a Spur no question. Drummond will reach his full potential on a team like the Spurs but what can they offer... I would assume Leonard and Splitter would be involved or possibly Blair.

The Celtics have practically nobody. I just don't see a bottom 5 team wanting Pierce. I doubt Drummond reaches his full potential there either. Boston is not an ideal development situation imo.

JLynn943
06-08-2012, 01:17 AM
Actually, I was thinking of Pierce & the #21 pick to Sacramento for the #5 Pick + John Salmons.

If Harrison Barnes goes #4 to Cleveland then Sacramento wont be able to get the SF they really need.

I really think we could get better value elsewhere. I know I'm biased because I have never liked Pierce's game (or him) whatsoever, but bias aside, trading the #5 pick in a supposedly deep draft for someone who would most likely be unhappy playing for us and who is getting old is just not a good move at all. Even if Barnes is gone, I'd rather go with Beal if he's still around.

Giraffes Rule
06-08-2012, 01:23 AM
The Spurs were also interested in Kyrie Irving last year. This probably doesn't mean much.

Also, the Spurs don't have any first round pick this year. Traded it to dumb RJ (totally worth it).

Catfish1314
06-08-2012, 01:26 AM

Well if Barnes goes inside the top four, one of Beal, Kidd-Gilchrist, or Robinson will be there at #5. I don't know why Petrie would pass on any of those guys, especially MKG.

naps
06-08-2012, 01:49 AM
Hahaha...neither team has a chance in the hell.

Spurs have no one to get him. Why would a rebuilding team (which pretty much all lottery teams are) want an aging over the hill star player?

Boston may pull it off with Rondo though. But I wouldn't do it if I was Boston. Boston FO is messed up because they have trying to trade Rondo for 2 years now, his value went down because of this.

Rondo>>Any unproven pick no matter how high his potential is. Rondo is a sure thing. You don't know how the pick are gonna turn out.

sunsfan88
06-08-2012, 04:53 AM
Both the Spurs and the Celtics will offer their starting PGs for him.

corky831
06-08-2012, 08:37 AM
I am not a fan of Drummond tbh. I can see why the Celtics want him though, he has all the potential in the world, but if they were picking that high in this draft, I'd hope they'd take someone like T-Rob, MKG, Beal, or Barnes.

GoferKing_
06-08-2012, 08:41 AM

Nice joke. We don't need to dump salary and we don't need PP old a s s.

BKLYNpigeon
06-08-2012, 08:54 AM
why would a team publicly say who they are interested in the NBA Draft other then the #1 overall pick? its all a smokescreen.

raptor fan
06-08-2012, 11:48 AM
the celtics are probably the more likely destination in a deal involving drummond, because they can offer pierce, along with a late first rounder.

Sacramento could use a SF like Pierce, and they also have a few contracts that they could shed off their payroll.

Sacramento trades: #5, John Salmons, Francisco Garcia, and Chuck Hayes
Sacramento acquires: Paul Pierce, Jajuan Johnson, and #22

thekmp211
06-08-2012, 11:52 AM
doc/drummond would be perfect as a celtics/uconn/drummond fan. agree that the wrong team could ruin him.

GoferKing_
06-08-2012, 04:33 PM
the celtics are probably the more likely destination in a deal involving drummond, because they can offer pierce, along with a late first rounder.

Sacramento could use a SF like Pierce, and they also have a few contracts that they could shed off their payroll.

Sacramento trades: #5, John Salmons, Francisco Garcia, and Chuck Hayes
Sacramento acquires: Paul Pierce, Jajuan Johnson, and #22

I really dont get it, why you think that Sacramento is in need for a old SF like Pierce, he is on his last legs. Whats more we dont need to dump salary.

IndiansFan337
06-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Spurs offered Tony Parker to Toronto for Valanciunas, BC turned them down.

I do not believe that at all.

THE GIPPER
06-08-2012, 04:43 PM
I'd love to see Drummond in San Antonio. That might be the only place where he is able to reach his full potential.

THE GIPPER
06-08-2012, 04:49 PM
I do not believe that at all.

Doesnt mean its true but there definitely were rumors about a Parker for Valanciunas swap.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/6/22/2236999/tony-parker-trade-nba-draft-rumors-jonas-valanciunas-san-antonio-spurs

http://www.raptorsdigest.com/jonas-valanciunas-the-top-prospect-in-draft/

dalton749
06-08-2012, 05:16 PM
It happened. Good thing tony Parker stayed did any1 see him in the mvp race before this year

thekmp211
06-08-2012, 05:29 PM
well they ended up flipping hill for leonard, i think it worked out well for all involved. hill is a good player, although it's unlikely that he'd have been able to do what TP did even with a starting role under pop.

todu82
06-08-2012, 05:54 PM
If Drummond went to either of those teams then both would have a franchise player for the next 10-15 years. Could make for an interesting storyline at the draft.

b@llhog24
06-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Man if he got on the Spurs...

:drool:
:pray:

Duncan will retire a Spur no question. Drummond will reach his full potential on a team like the Spurs but what can they offer... I would assume Leonard and Splitter would be involved or possibly Blair.

The Celtics have practically nobody. I just don't see a bottom 5 team wanting Pierce. I doubt Drummond reaches his full potential there either. Boston is not an ideal development situation imo.
That could work out imo.

Corey
06-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Boston could easily get into the top 10 if they wanted to. Two picks in the early twenties and Avery Bradley...They could make a number of moves.

They're also meeting with Beal, and supposedly Robinson.

Just covering their bases if a favorable trade opens up.

That being said, Drummond blows. Bust, bust, bust, bust.

greg_ory_2005
06-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Lol at people making Pierce trades. He's probably the last guy that would be traded on that team. They do have options like Bradley and Rondo though. And probably future picks could be involved in the trade too.

thekmp211
06-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Boston could easily get into the top 10 if they wanted to. Two picks in the early twenties and Avery Bradley...They could make a number of moves.

They're also meeting with Beal, and supposedly Robinson.

Just covering their bases if a favorable trade opens up.

That being said, Drummond blows. Bust, bust, bust, bust.

honestly if they don't re-sign KG (who better give us an effing home town discount or ill blow a gasket) i think drummond is intriguing.

im telling you having watched most of Uconn this year drummond could bust, but he could be special. it was a strange year to play for uconn and he still flashed some real ability. he was a difference maker against 'cuse and made us competitive against them.

i don't see him not being better than perk, and we won ship with him starting. agreed MKG would be my dream pick but drummond is no kwame, at least not for sure.

GrkGawdofWalkz
06-08-2012, 09:40 PM
They've also had interest in Favors and he went second overall. Just because you're interested doesn't mean anything will happen. LMAO.

Giraffes Rule
06-09-2012, 12:06 PM
They've also had interest in Favors and he went second overall. Just because you're interested doesn't mean anything will happen. LMAO.

Pretty much this. Irving last year, Favors the year before. While Drummond is exactly the type of player the Spurs need, they can't afford to wait around for him to figure things out. Jared Sullinger makes more sense for the Spurs, I think.

Lab Rat Robby
06-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Pretty much this. Irving last year, Favors the year before. While Drummond is exactly the type of player the Spurs need, they can't afford to wait around for him to figure things out. Jared Sullinger makes more sense for the Spurs, I think.

sullinger would be perfect, but i don't think the spurs can pull that off without losing splitter or leonard. i don't want to give up on splitter yet. andrew nicholson for blair seems most likely to me.

DeyAce
06-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Boston needs Fab Melo

kobemelo
06-09-2012, 02:29 PM

Rondo
Evans
???
Thompson
Cousins

Decent I think.

If you throw in Isiaah you may be onto something here

greg_ory_2005
06-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Rondo/Evans would be the worst shooting backcourt in NBA history.

mgsports
06-09-2012, 09:20 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine Boston gets Gasol and Parker. Spurs get Pierce and Rondo. Lakers get Mano G. and Calderon -12 wins Raptors get Byrum +9wins

Mr.Nate30
06-09-2012, 09:29 PM
lol :facepalm:

Sportfan
06-09-2012, 09:31 PM
LOL at pick for rondo :laugh:

Wolfman01
06-09-2012, 10:17 PM
I don't see how the Spurs and Celtics are going to trade for a top 10 pick. They

Giraffes Rule
06-10-2012, 12:32 AM
I don't see how the Spurs and Celtics are going to trade for a top 10 pick. They

Spurs got the 15th with some extra goodies thrown in for George Hill. I would think a package of Avery Bradley with one or both of the Celtics first rounders could get them into the top ten easily.

dylon smoke
06-10-2012, 03:19 AM
the celtics wouldn't trade rondo for a lottery...there not trading rondo....only reason he was involved in talks before was because it was brought up for CHRIS PAUL and DWIGHT HOWARD....stop fantasizing, its unrealistic, unless your teams giving us 20 mil on top of that trade too lmao....

and i don't see the celtics trading avery bradley for a lottery pick either, he's short money, one of the best defenders in the nba, and just too valuable for us right now....BUT

i do think the celtics can get in the lotto by trading pierce which is likely because the teams trading out are in need of a scorer...bobcats at #2, Raptors at #8, Hornets at #10

then that frees up a ton of cap for the celtics unless they take on a guy who has a one year deal making good money with the trade too, then next year they have the money to get dwight....im telling you this is the year the celts get rid of pierce mark my words

dylon smoke
06-10-2012, 03:21 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine Boston gets Gasol and Parker. Spurs get Pierce and Rondo. Lakers get Mano G. and Calderon -12 wins Raptors get Byrum +9wins

and what the hell type drugs you on thinking the celtics would ever pull that move????....get 2 players who are getting older for your franchise player in rondo and a valuable player in paul pierce???? ur crazy

then u got the lakers giving up bynum and pau to get manu and calderon?????when bynum is a very valuable piece or a franchise builder....

and the raptors give up calderon, JUST calderon and get bynum.....go play nba2k a lil more buddy, this is real life nab dude

mgsports
06-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Okay theirs also Draft Picks in that Trade and other PF/C going to Lakers.

mynameismo
06-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Besides the top 3, aren't everyone interested in Drummond? It's not just the Spurs and the Cs.

superior
06-10-2012, 10:07 AM
why would a team publicly say who they are interested in the NBA Draft other then the #1 overall pick? its all a smokescreen.

lmao! wtf are talking about? PLENTY of teams talk about moving up to get a 2-5 pick all the time....as crazy as this might sound, "sometimes" theres more than 1 good player in the draft

Fresno
06-11-2012, 12:14 AM
lmao! wtf are talking about? PLENTY of teams talk about moving up to get a 2-5 pick all the time....as crazy as this might sound, "sometimes" theres more than 1 good player in the draft
True.