PDA

View Full Version : "KJ is great but Hondo is really the inspiration. Hondo drives that team."

NYKnickFanatic
06-07-2012, 12:21 PM
http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8020118/2012-nba-playoffs-kj-boston-celtics-kevin-garnett-hondo-rajon-rondo-boston-mayor-fumbles-names-again

Boston mayor Thomas Menino, who has a dubious history of blunders and mispronunciations when talking about the city's sports teams, stuck his foot in his mouth again Wednesday when discussing the Celtics' performance in the Eastern Conference finals.

"There's a lot of heart in this team, let me just tell you," Menino told reporters, before adding, "KJ is great but Hondo is really the inspiration. Hondo drives that team."

KJ, of course, should be KG, Kevin Garnett. "KJ" was the nickname for former Phoenix Suns guard Kevin Johnson, who is currently the mayor of Sacramento. And "Hondo" was Celtics legend John Havlicek's nickname. Hondo hasn't graced the Boston parquet since 1978. Menino was referring to Celtics guard Rajon Rondo.

He's right that this is far from the first sports head-slapper Menino has been guilty of. When discussing the New England Patriots' chances in the playoffs against the Denver Broncos earlier this season, Menino talked about Tom Brady's weapons "Grabowski" (Rob Gronkowski) and "Wes Weckler" (Welker).

Menino's most infamous reference came in 2010 during the dedication of a statue to Bruins legend Bobby Orr's "ionic" goal to win the 1970 Stanley Cup. In discussing some of the best moments in Boston sports, Menino said it was Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek who "split the uprights" to win the Patriots' first Super Bowl in 2002. He was, of course, referring to kicker Adam Vinatieri.

:laugh2: What's wrong with this guy?

Chronz
06-07-2012, 12:28 PM
I have a question, does the fact that an idiot who doesnt know sports agrees/disagrees with some of your claims (in my case, that Rondo isnt the teams MVP), does that strengthen or weaken your position?

Kashmir13579
06-07-2012, 12:37 PM
^it does neither.

Rafer17
06-07-2012, 12:43 PM
He’s dumb. He’s fat. He can’t walk without falling down. He has a touch of down syndrome. He loves taking lots of vacations. He literally can’t complete one coherent sentence. He is…..Mayor Menino…..Menino….Menino.

...AKA "Mumbles"

BTW this just shows being a mayor is the easiest job in the world...

topdog
06-07-2012, 12:49 PM
That does not surprise me at all coming out of Boston... I'm just surprised he doesn't argue that he's right :p

cheaptrikz
06-07-2012, 12:51 PM
lmao hondo

LAKobeBryant
06-07-2012, 01:18 PM
hondo?

Super.
06-07-2012, 01:18 PM
****in' Menino.

Good luck getting reelected now moron

spreadeagle
06-07-2012, 01:33 PM
I ****in love Hondo...great passer

spreadeagle
06-07-2012, 01:34 PM
In my mind this exactly what I thought Boston's mayor would look/sound like haha

Lakeshow24KB
06-07-2012, 01:45 PM
There's only one thing that can describe this. And that's a :facepalm:

AntiG
06-07-2012, 01:50 PM
http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8020118/2012-nba-playoffs-kj-boston-celtics-kevin-garnett-hondo-rajon-rondo-boston-mayor-fumbles-names-again

Him and Emmitt Smith are long-lost twins.

gotoHcarolina52
06-07-2012, 01:52 PM
In my mind this exactly what I thought Boston's mayor would look/sound like haha

:laugh: My thoughts exactly.

It's funny how some mayors represent their city's stereotypes so perfectly. Menino certainly falls into that category, as did Oscar Goodman in Las Vegas and Richard Daley in Chicago.

spreadeagle
06-07-2012, 01:53 PM
This guy runs your city...jesus christ lol

TopsyTurvy
06-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Here we go Hondo, here we go...

blastmasta26
06-07-2012, 01:54 PM
I have a question, does the fact that an idiot who doesnt know sports agrees/disagrees with some of your claims (in my case, that Rondo isnt the teams MVP), does that strengthen or weaken your position?

I'd say it's irrelevant.

Hustlenomics
06-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Hondo really is the heart and soul to that team :cool:

n83417
06-07-2012, 01:56 PM
He loves Manny Ortiz too and always talks about when varitek split the uprights in the super bowl.

gotoHcarolina52
06-07-2012, 01:59 PM
He loves Manny Ortiz too and always talks about when varitek split the uprights in the super bowl.

lol. And commenting on the Occupy Boston protestors last year, Menino allegedly said, "I simplify with their issues."

You say simplify, I say sympathize. Let's call the whole thing off!

TragicallyHip
06-07-2012, 02:13 PM
This cracks me up as it's something my grandfather used to do. He would refer to Ellsbury as "Ellsworth" and Youkilis as "Youkills".

Aside from mis-pronouncing their names he knew a ton about baseball and it was always a joy to talk baseball with him.

PSYCH
06-07-2012, 02:17 PM
:laugh: My thoughts exactly.

It's funny how some mayors represent their city's stereotypes so perfectly. Menino certainly falls into that category, as did Oscar Goodman in Las Vegas and Richard Daley in Chicago.

Sports aside, do people outside of Massachusetts really think Bostonians are bumbling idiots?

Take it for what it's worth, but this 2011 study had Boston ranked 5th most literate in the country.
http://www.moneytalksnews.com/2012/01/30/the-smartest-u-s-cities/

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-07-2012, 02:22 PM
The sad part is, it isn't this first time he's done this:laugh2:

****in' Menino.

Good luck getting reelected now moron

He's always going to get reelected as long as he's running for mayor unless he kills someone or something.

gotoHcarolina52
06-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Sports aside, do people outside of Massachusetts really think Bostonians are bumbling idiots?

Take it for what it's worth, but this 2011 study had Boston ranked 5th most literate in the country.
http://www.moneytalksnews.com/2012/01/30/the-smartest-u-s-cities/

Every city has its share of fools, but I certainly don't think the majority of Bostonians are bumbling idiots. I do feel, though, that Menino's thick accent and general disposition/personality falls pretty well in line with the Bostonian stereotype.

Stinkyoutsider
06-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Hondo? Did he sign a new contract LOL......

A few politicans couldn't care less about sports and he's probably one of them. After all, I can understand him not getting Rondo right, but to call him Hondo? Has this mayor lived in Boston? There's only one Hondo there.

FlakeyFool
06-07-2012, 02:52 PM
my mayor did this http://www.snotr.com/video/5434/Winnipeg_Mayor_Sam_Katz_Kicks_Kid_in_Face

and got reelected

flatbush knicks
06-07-2012, 03:00 PM
did you mean kevin johnson drives a honda im lost :facepalm:

spreadeagle
06-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Every city has its share of fools, but I certainly don't think the majority of Bostonians are bumbling idiots. I do feel, though, that Menino's thick accent and general disposition/personality falls pretty well in line with the Bostonian stereotype.

yup lol

spreadeagle
06-07-2012, 05:40 PM
In this world there is a kind of animal, called leadership. These people usually swagger before others, but sometimes the arty, talk, sports entertainment, not superior to show their. It is at this time, they will often make a joke. It occurs not only in China, the people of the United States is the same, such as the Boston mayor Thomas Nino mason.
The Celts team recently killed Quartet, playoff streak heat3, get a series of match points, as the glory team place city mayor, Nino Mason stand out to express their support, and this speech is made a big joke.
" This team has a lot of cruel player, let me tell you count." Menino accepts reporter when the interview said," KJ is very great, but Hondo is the soul of the team. Hondo is the whole team's conference."
Well, be familiar with the Celtics fans still know that KJ should refer to the KG, also known as Kevin - Garnett ( Kevin Garnett ), and KJ is who? Feinikesi is a former Phoenix Suns guard Kevin - Johnson, nicknamed the aunt. Now Kevin Johnson is the mayor of Sacramento, yes, and Menino is a system, this man is in the dark to bootlick. While Hondo is what? This is Japanese Honshu Island name, of course, is also a Celtic legend John havlick nickname. But the Hondo since 1978no blossom, plum Nino mayor mentioned here is the point guard Rajon Rondo Rondo.
Of course, if you know the mayor 's history, these things have become inured to the unusual has happened today. He had talked about Boston 's famous NFL New England patriots, earlier this season, he was talking to patriots vs Denver Broncos match when it comes to the Patriots star Tom Brady side helper, results Rob Gronkowski read Grabowski, Wes Welker read into Wes Weckler, a big joke.
This is not the Nino Mason 's bad acting, in 2010 he made a bigger joke, when attending a hockey legend Bobby owl statue rite, he discusses the Boston history some famous sports stars. Results of the Menino to the Boston Red Sox catcher Jason Varley Tektronix won the 2002 Super Bowl ( Super Bowl football game ).
I don't know if this Oolong mayor 's words, whether as the Celtics and the heat sixth games before the battle of flavoring agent. Before the great war to dish flavors, but also good.
http://www.xaode.info/jpg1
epic

Rafer17
06-07-2012, 06:30 PM
This guy runs your city...jesus christ lol

Lets be real, mayors don't do anything...

Rafer17
06-08-2012, 09:59 PM
http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/menino-just-doing-the-damn-thing-per-usual-this-time-falling-down-at-a-ribbon-cutting-ceremony/

This is unreal :laugh2:. In typical Menino fashion....he almost falls down.

SportsAndrew25
06-08-2012, 10:18 PM
....and stupid ****ing Boston keeps reelecting this guy to be mayor. :facepalm: :laugh:

jrm2054
06-08-2012, 10:32 PM
ya this major should know there names

Wade>You
06-09-2012, 12:01 AM
....and stupid ****ing Boston keeps reelecting this guy to be mayor. :facepalm: :laugh:Can you make your sig any bigger? It's pretty tough to see.

tp13baby
06-09-2012, 12:26 AM

Rondo is the MVP of that team, only he makes that team go.

Corey
06-09-2012, 12:42 AM
He can't read. He's a bumbling idiot.

I dont know how the hell he's still in office, but he's dumb and everyone in Massachusetts is aware of it.

lavell12
06-09-2012, 01:42 AM
I guess it is better than DC who has an actual crackhead as its Mayor.

lavell12
06-09-2012, 01:47 AM
Maybe he thinks John Havlicek still plays for the Celtics.