PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless: Refs have decided they'll make sure OKC going to Finals

amos1er
06-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless http://twitter.com/#!/RealSkipBayless

Refs have decided they'll make sure OKC going to Finals. One outrageously bad call after another. Ginobili robbed of 3-pt play, 3. Sickening

This league is an absolute joke. :facepalm:

**** you Stern!!! :mad:

greg_ory_2005
06-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Shut up Skip.

ChitownBears22
06-06-2012, 11:45 PM
Bayless the Durant nuthugger calling foul on the refs. That should tell you something.

amos1er
06-06-2012, 11:47 PM
Bayless the Durant nuthugger calling foul on the refs. That should tell you something.

Skip loves Durant and he still is able to see that Stern would stop at nothing to get him into the finals. That should tell you something.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-06-2012, 11:47 PM
Skip was pulling for the Spurs to win the whole thing, he's been a Spurs fan since forever. I understand his frustration, and he's right.

jrm2054
06-06-2012, 11:51 PM
O skip his words are funny

amos1er
06-06-2012, 11:52 PM
With a shortened season, the league needed more revenue. The game rigging was at its all time worst this post season.

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Skip for commissioner!

lakers4sho
06-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Skip was pulling for the Spurs to win the whole thing, he's been a Spurs fan since forever. I understand his frustration, and he's right.

skip is the biggest thunder homer alive (other than baller)

Shkelqim
06-06-2012, 11:54 PM
With a shortened season, the league needed more revenue. The game rigging was at its all time worst this post season. Every series has drawn out way too much, it's ridiculous, i have neveeeeeeeeeer seeen a team lose by 20 then comeback and win by 20. It's just seems so obvious.

TeamSeattle
06-06-2012, 11:55 PM

Nice avi (sendo) but yea skip is right on this one.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-06-2012, 11:55 PM

He's more of a Spurs fan though. He's always called Duncan better than Kobe and has always criticized "Westbrick". He's never really bagged on any Spurs player.

NYtilIdie
06-06-2012, 11:56 PM
Skip can blow me. He doesn't want to see Westbrook succeed which is why this is so awesome.

airronijordan
06-06-2012, 11:56 PM
Skip is just mad his prediction is wrong

soundjunkies2
06-07-2012, 12:02 AM
jesus christ can people just shut the **** up about the officiating.

We get it. Your team lost. Get over it.

Losoway
06-07-2012, 12:03 AM
i usually dont agree with skip and i hate the spurs

But he actually was right about that

MTL_123
06-07-2012, 12:03 AM
ahahahhahahhahahahah and skip is always on durants dick says alot if he thinks its rigged ahahahahhahaha

knicksfan42
06-07-2012, 12:04 AM

Whose team? I've seen a few Spurs fans ***** about the officiating, but there aren't many of them to begin with so most of the people pointing out the blatantly biased officiating are not Spurs fans.

shep33
06-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Stephen A. Smith is gonna shut him up tomorrow. But who will shut both of them up is the better question

amos1er
06-07-2012, 12:05 AM
Stephen A. is gonna shut him up tomorrow.

Don't know about that. It was Stephen A who said that game 2 of the Miami Boston series was rigged.

Public Enemy #1
06-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Well there was some pretty bad calls that weren't called in the 4th. Thunder got to the line way too much and got away with some of their own... Unfortunate, but it happens. Refs always play a card in deciding the tempo of the game. It happens... Sometimes there are calls every other possession, other times they let them play it out. I prefer less calls, keeps the game more fluid and free flowing. Let the teams decide, not the refs.

LA_Raiders
06-07-2012, 12:25 AM
OKC generates higher TV Ratings... Stern is an *******

amos1er
06-07-2012, 12:29 AM
Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless

Tim Duncan: "For a stretch there, it seemed like they got every whistle." EVERY STINKIN' WHISTLE. Changed game. Refs swept up by crowd.

http://twitter.com/#!/RealSkipBayless

NYMetropolitans
06-07-2012, 12:30 AM
ahahahhahahhahahahah and skip is always on durants dick says alot if he thinks its rigged ahahahahhahaha

:rolleyes: stop letting out your Heat frustration on the Thunder. Nice sig too man.

ChitownBears22
06-07-2012, 12:30 AM
And Duncan never blames anyone. That should tell you something too. Something was fishy with the reffing.

naps
06-07-2012, 12:31 AM
Skip is mad because his prediction was wrong. And OP mad because CP3 ain't a Laker and because Lakers are out fishing.

raiderfaninTX
06-07-2012, 12:32 AM
And Duncan never blames anyone. That should tell you something too. Something was fishy with the reffing.

this

disgusting !!!!

and I am a huge durnat fan

PLAYERS FAN
06-07-2012, 12:33 AM
This is one of the worst choke jobs I've ever seen! 20 game winning streak, and get back sweep? Lol

soundjunkies2
06-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Whose team? I've seen a few Spurs fans ***** about the officiating, but there aren't many of them to begin with so most of the people pointing out the blatantly biased officiating are not Spurs fans.

I'm not calling out Spur fans or any fans really in particular at all I'm just speaking in general. Whenever a team loses the officiating is called into question. There seems to be constant *****ing after every game.

PLAYERS FAN
06-07-2012, 12:36 AM
Skip is mad because his prediction was wrong. And OP mad because CP3 ain't a Laker and because Lakers are out fishing.

Spurs choked! Lol, lakers fans still mad at the thunder:facepalm:

TopsyTurvy
06-07-2012, 12:36 AM
Outside of the hardcore basketball fan, who watches an OKC Boston finals?

ChitownBears22
06-07-2012, 12:37 AM
If everyone is *****ing...........hmmmm.........maybe there is a problem. If OKC fans are the only ones saying it was fair and everyone else says no. Who do you think is right.

You are the person who thinks everyone on the subway is crazy. Point the finger back towards you.

Tanakid777
I've spent my whole life hating the spurs, but they got jobbed 02 Kings style tonight

NBAFan2012
for once i would just like for someone to admit the Spurs suck. Its not that hard. They got exposed simple as that

SouthSideRookie

BS, Duncan nor any other Spur has room to complain. We're talking about a team who has some of the best flop artist in the game and have been getting away with it for some time. Enough with that, flop city gone fishin!

ChitownBears22
06-07-2012, 12:39 AM
BS, Duncan nor any other Spur has room to complain. We're talking about a team who has some of the best flop artist in the game and have been getting away with it for some time. Enough with that, flop city gone fishin!

Yes they have flopped in the past. But what does that have to do with this past game. They were screwed.

PS Harden was crowned MVF by the league tonight. Congrats to him.

llemon
06-07-2012, 12:41 AM

I saw what Skip saw.

Thunder played a great game, but some of those calls were pretty bad.

amos1er
06-07-2012, 12:45 AM
I saw what Skip saw.

Thunder played a great game, but some of those calls were pretty bad.

Now that its questionable if the Heat will make the finals, Stern had to do the next best thing and make sure OKC got there at least. A Spurs/Celtics finals would have been a disaster ratings wise for the NBA.

Lets just hope that something like this does not happen tomorrow night when the Celtics play the Heat.

More-Than-Most
06-07-2012, 12:47 AM
Skip is throwing out some truth... Again Its the NBA so why are people surprised?

Yanks All Day
06-07-2012, 12:53 AM
Skip loves both teams. OKC is his home town team, but he picked the Spurs to get to the Finals. When he's saying something like this, then there's something there. No one can deny the Thunder played their way back into the game when down 18, but some of those calls were ridiculous towards the end. The refs negated a 3 on a moving screen by Manu, gave every 50-50 call to OKC, and put Durant on the line after every miss or turnover instead of letting them play through. Who knows? Maybe OKC would have won the game anyway. But it sure looked like they were not having that. I expect to see Miami get some favorable calls tomorrow as well. OKC-Miami is much more compelling than OKC-Boston.

naps
06-07-2012, 12:54 AM
Spurs choked! Lol, lakers fans still mad at the thunder:facepalm:

Exactly.

Sadds The Gr8
06-07-2012, 12:54 AM
skip is throwing out some truth... Again its the nba so why are people surprised?

+1

amos1er
06-07-2012, 01:02 AM
Exactly.

Ya, thats exactly why Skip Bayless and Tim Duncan both agree with me. :facepalm:

AWC713
06-07-2012, 01:06 AM
skips job is to make headlines.

he did that. doesnt mean hes right. the spurs WERE fouling okc, and the refs werent the ones that blew a 16 pt lead. give credit where credit is due

QueensG
06-07-2012, 01:10 AM
Talent and adjustments beat the spurs.

Kamikrazy
06-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Skip loves both teams. OKC is his home town team, but he picked the Spurs to get to the Finals. When he's saying something like this, then there's something there. No one can deny the Thunder played their way back into the game when down 18, but some of those calls were ridiculous towards the end. The refs negated a 3 on a moving screen by Manu, gave every 50-50 call to OKC, and put Durant on the line after every miss or turnover instead of letting them play through. Who knows? Maybe OKC would have won the game anyway. But it sure looked like they were not having that. I expect to see Miami get some favorable calls tomorrow as well. OKC-Miami is much more compelling than OKC-Boston.

HCA, Skip Bayless... Tim Tebow

ChitownBears22
Yes there were fouls AWC713. Also why does SJAX get a tech after his 3 and why did the ref on the other side of the court call it? He couldn't see or hear any exchange.

Why did D Fish not get a tech when he winked at the Spurs bench after his three. That seems like taunting to me.

Refs were momentum killers tonight. It was obvious. Congrats OKC.

shizzle09
God it never ends. Always the refs.

More-Than-Most
06-07-2012, 01:15 AM

But it really is...I am not saying just for the heat either but against them at times as well...It is always the Officiating...The only consistent thing about the nba officiating is its inconsistency all around... Its been and will continue to be that bad period.

DR_1
06-07-2012, 01:21 AM
Skip :laugh:

ChitownBears22
06-07-2012, 01:24 AM
D Rose will miss all of next year :injury::injury::injury::injury:

Daze9900
06-07-2012, 01:28 AM
Word why would anyone think that Spurs were going to get calls in OKC that being said the better team won. This isn't Miami with Wade throwing his legs arms and rolling on the ground to get calls and actually getting them.

adamsison
06-07-2012, 01:30 AM

I have been watching Nba for last 20 years and
I have never seen a playoff series where everyone questions the officiating so much until this season.

the heat and okc get a lot of special attention and it's fustrating to watch.
No one questions the officiating in the Orlando vs Indiana series.

amos1er
06-07-2012, 01:36 AM
I have been watching Nba for last 20 years and
I have never seen a playoff series where everyone questions the officiating so much until this season.

the heat and okc get a lot of special attention and it's fustrating to watch.
No one questions the officiating in the Orlando vs Indiana series.

:clap:

I totally agree.

No one wants to admit it because Durant and Lebron are so beloved. Their fans would never admit that they get special treatment. Even if the refs themselves came out and said so, they would still be in denial. Stern caters to this blind admiration and thats why he is able to get away with rigging the games to blatantly.

b@llhog24
06-07-2012, 01:42 AM
Well he's right. :shrug:

DaSeba5
06-07-2012, 02:11 AM
I agree that the refs are horribly inconsistent. There's really no other sport that complains about the refs as much as basketball. There's always going to be bad calls and missed calls, but every game seems to have a **** load of these calls. It's terrible.

Rain City
06-07-2012, 02:25 AM
:cry:

:mad:

:cry:

amos1er
06-07-2012, 02:28 AM
The NBA is the WWE. I'm sure Lebron will shoot 15 free throws minimum in tomorrows game. Thats the only way these new young guns can win...when the game is rigged. At least rig it in a way thats not so obvious. :facepalm:

ChitownBears22
06-07-2012, 02:29 AM
Well fact is LeBron is fouled 95% of the time he drives. He should be at the line 20-25 times. Teams are lucky they get to soft foul him and get away with it.

BULLSFAN0810
06-07-2012, 02:39 AM
As a Bulls fan.. The refs suck.. Flop after flop. Harden sticking his hand out in front of him offering the ball, but when ball is grab at, its a foul ? Harden flopping in the post.. Ginobili flopping... Westbrook pushing off for space clear as day.. Phantom tech on jackson after a okc player stood up off the bench and yell in his ear, and he responded back as taunt after 3 fell. Ibaka goal tending 3x game prior..

It didn't seem like the refs knew how to call it, or hadtheir mind made up already.. And Joey crawford was reffing.. He and Duncan Always argue.. I seen him give duncan a foul for sitting on bench smiling. Why is he reffing if they always argue? A game 7 at that.. If I notice they fight the league knows.

Jumi
06-07-2012, 02:45 AM
You can't point out obvious things to the sheeple! They will believe whatever they're told to believe! Losing is one thing.....you can't win them all, but to favor one side over another and call it fair competition is insane! Yet "fans" will respond with whatever bs that makes them feel better, while ignoring what's in plain sight! The playoffs this year has been horribly officiated for certain teams!

CavsYanksDuke
06-07-2012, 02:47 AM
Yes, because it makes financial sense to send the smallest market team to the Finals.

Pathetic thread that is started after literally every night of NBA. Get over it or don't watch it.

DaLyingofJungl3
06-07-2012, 02:47 AM
that was a FOUL on Manu G.

ChitownBears22
06-07-2012, 02:48 AM
Yes, because it makes financial sense to send the smallest market team to the Finals.

Pathetic thread that is started after literally every night of NBA. Get over it or don't watch it.

Well seeing that OKC gets great ratings and the Spurs finals of the past have pulled the lowest ratings in NBA history. Yes it does make sense.

Thanks for playing. Bring facts and not opinion next time.

YoungOne
06-07-2012, 02:58 AM
that was a FOUL on Manu G.

maybe he got his reward for his constantly flopping, its the same in soccer, knowing floppers mostly never getting a penalty.

Kjthunder
06-07-2012, 03:01 AM
gotta love all the cry babies cause there teams arent in the finals. The Thunder were and are better than the Spurs. The Spurs started strong but the Thunder figured them out and stopped them. Just like Boston is doing to Miami. Get over it, ur teams didnt make it so stop crying and just watch the game. There are no conspiracies, accept it

ChitownBears22
06-07-2012, 03:02 AM
gotta love all the cry babies cause there teams arent in the finals. The Thunder were and are better than the Spurs. The Spurs started strong but the Thunder figured them out and stopped them. Just like Boston is doing to Miami. Get over it, ur teams didnt make it so stop crying and just watch the game. There are no conspiracies, accept it

Ok Mr. Stern

ThunderousDemon
06-07-2012, 03:11 AM
gotta love all the cry babies cause there teams arent in the finals. The thunder were and are better than the spurs. The spurs started strong but the thunder figured them out and stopped them. Just like boston is doing to miami. Get over it, ur teams didnt make it so stop crying and just watch the game. There are no conspiracies, accept it

Never!!!!

Shareeb_omac2
06-07-2012, 03:16 AM
I think it was more so the crowd intensity putting pressure on the refs. That crowd was going nuts in the second half. (trust me this does happen... I've reffed at little league levels for various sports and you can't help the fact that you feel pressure from the observers and coaches whenever there is a close call)

Lottery rigged? Maybe.
NBA games rigged? No way.

JNA17
06-07-2012, 03:17 AM
If the Heat win the series against Boston, then this **** is rigged.

Davidgta1
06-07-2012, 03:29 AM
Those fouls were bs.

sunsfan88
06-07-2012, 04:09 AM
Spurs would have never won a title if it wasn't for the refs helping them. Steve Nash would have at least 1 ring right now if it wasn't for the refs helping the Spurs.

There's a reason you won't see too many Spurs fans complain about officiating.....because they know they wouldn't have won their last 3 rings without the beautiful flopping from Ginobili and Parker and the other Europeans they bring to San Antonio.

LakersSaintsLSU
06-07-2012, 04:30 AM

You all saw it anyone disagree is a homer or a mavs fan...trust me your one of the two

basketfan4life
06-07-2012, 06:42 AM

are you crazy ? People watch superstars nowadays. I'm not sayin this game is rigged or anything but this assesment is tottaly wrong.

Also you know after 2010 world champ. in my country, how many fans Durant have? People all know and watch him here in Europe.

sweet-d
06-07-2012, 06:57 AM
The refs did favor OKC in game 6 there's no doubt about it. But the refs favored the Spurs for the first four games. Manu and Tony Parker flopped all over the place and got all the calls they wanted.

mark1125
06-07-2012, 07:10 AM
Soooo. Heat/Boston series is rigged. Spurs/Thunder is rigged. The draft lottery is rigged. Gotta love the NBA fans of PSD.

Carey
06-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Def the refs missed a couple calls down the stretch i dont believe that was the overwhelming reason the Spurs lost. The Thunder are just a little better. The Spurs got questionalbe calls this series as well. The refs are inconsistent adn blow calls, nothing new but to discredit what the Thunder has done with this is just irresponsible.

MagicHero3
06-07-2012, 08:50 AM
im sorry, but skip doesnt watch the games, he doesnt have bball experience passed 9th grade, and he only says things he thinks ppl will get riled up about. hes the ULTIMATE troll, and i stopped following his @$$ on twitter and i suggest everyone here do the same.

khaleesi
06-07-2012, 09:01 AM
I think the NBA's problem is they allow offensive players to get away with tons on crap. Durant throws the ball and his arms into defenders and he gets calls. Not right. Westbrook launches his body into defenders and gets calls. Same thing with LeBron and Wade.

Defender has a right to the vertical space underneath his feet. Not sure what REFs don't understand about that principle.

I get calling fouls if the defender is the aggressor or is grabbing a guys shooting hands but most fouls seem to be defender standing still and some out of control player launching himself into the defender. Guy doing punk fakes and then throwing themselves (horizontally) into a jumping defender to get a call.

Got to clean up the game. Badly. Call it tight but award the graceful player who has skills not the some animal flailing around like a dog on fire.

kdspurman
06-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Five fourth-quarter Spurs turnovers helped the Thunder complete their comeback in Game 6. Three of them came on offensive foul calls, during a stretch when every time the whistle blew it seemed to go against the Spurs. When Popovich wasn't registering complaints to the nearest official he turned to an assistant to say, incredulously, "You've got to be kidding me."

Yes, the Thunder got some favorable calls on their way to the NBA Finals. That shouldn't detract from their effort, including Durant drawing what everyone agreed was his first charge of the season.

That was … controversial: Some really questionable calls will end up tainting what ended up being a truly fantastic display of basketball over these six games. We saw two teams play at a high level almost every quarter and truly battle. Sad that the officiating will be what's remembered.

-- Zach Harper, Daily Dime Live

How Joey Crawford is able to officiate a closeout game after his history with us, including ejecting Duncan for laughing and blowing another playoff closeout game for us vs. the Lakers when he ignored an obvious Derek Fisher foul on Brent Barry.

Joey Crawford should never be allowed to ref one of our playoff games - you don't have to announce it, just don't schedule him for us. That simple.

Tim does not publicly talk about officiating, but he did tonight, and he was absolutely right. OKC started getting every whistle even when they shouldn't have.

C_Mund
06-07-2012, 09:21 AM
Although I do believe that on some level Stern may have an agenda, people have to realize that players in this league are getting to the line because they're learning how to get the refs to blow the whistle. It's not about going to the rim and taking a hit, it's about dropping your shoulder into a defender that's actually in good position then falling back as you throw the ball at the backboard. It's about putting up a pump fake and jumping three feet forward as you shoot so you get "hit" on the arm. It's about running under an athletic player as he's jumping and sliding nine feet back if his legs brush your shoulder on the way up. Players like Reggie Evans (who I love, by the way) thrive on being super physical one play then hitting the deck like a ton of bricks the next.

Are there terrible calls? Yep. Do the players give the refs much of a chance to get it right on a nightly basis? Not in my opinion.

Carey
06-07-2012, 09:23 AM
How Joey Crawford is able to officiate a closeout game after his history with us, including ejecting Duncan for laughing and blowing another playoff closeout game for us vs. the Lakers when he ignored an obvious Derek Fisher foul on Brent Barry.

Joey Crawford should never be allowed to ref one of our playoff games - you don't have to announce it, just don't schedule him for us. That simple.

Tim does not publicly talk about officiating, but he did tonight, and he was absolutely right. OKC started getting every whistle even when they shouldn't have.

So i guess the fact that your team was gassed and wasnt hitting every shot in sight like the first half had nothing to do with it? Or the fact that we came out flat and didnt challenge the pick and roll at all in the first half and came in the 2nd half and did so, nothing from that either? A couple calls were bad, i'll give you that but how about game 5 when your team was flopping all over the place, or them deciding they were gonna get our whole team in foul trouble. Come on man, your better then this, you lost to a slightly better team. The games are ref'd inconsistenly and they miss calls both ways, Fisher made a couple 3's in this series that were called 2's and never changed, i dont feel like either team has any more to gripe about then the other.

Tymathee
06-07-2012, 09:26 AM
lmao

there's a rule "the most aggressive team gets teh fouls" everybody knows this, or so i thought.

if you take jumpshot, you dnot get calls
if you go to the rim, you get the calls.

pd1dish
06-07-2012, 09:38 AM

my team has been out since the first round, not because of bad officiating. however, since then there has been horrible officiating that so obviously favors certain players. is it a coincidence that the majority of the players it favors are the teams that would make the NBA more money if they were in finals? Stern would have a heart attack if it were SA and Boston in the finals. hes a money-hungry rat.

Jarvo
06-07-2012, 09:56 AM
He is right half the fouls that were called was bs, And like I said before the people who are are saying stop crying about it if they team went out like that would ***** too so suck it easy.

Sly Guy
06-07-2012, 09:57 AM
there was some really bad officiating during last night's game but I really don't think it affected the outcome. OKC was able to play their best guys for longer without as much of a drop-off. They turned the game into a marathon for the starters and they won.

Jarvo
06-07-2012, 09:58 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOVVVEEEE! That sig :clap:

Jarvo
06-07-2012, 10:00 AM
there was some really bad officiating during last night's game but I really don't think it affected the outcome. OKC was able to play their best guys for longer without as much of a drop-off. They turned the game into a marathon for the starters and they won.

That call on manu for the flop Harden did took away 3 major points for us and the call westbrook had at the end which I still don't know what the foul was were huge.

I Rock Shaqs
06-07-2012, 10:06 AM
OMG why is this the only site that loads so slow when im at school
And for once i finally agree with Skip Bayless.

netsgiantsyanks
06-07-2012, 10:08 AM
bayless mad.

new york blue
06-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Skip loves Durant and he still is able to see that Stern would stop at nothing to get him into the finals. That should tell you something.

Skip did not say Stern. He did not make the idiotic conspiracy theory argument. Give the man a little credit.

Jarvo
06-07-2012, 10:15 AM
This is one of the worst choke jobs I've ever seen! 20 game winning streak, and get back sweep? Lol

:facepalm:

kdspurman
06-07-2012, 10:17 AM
So i guess the fact that your team was gassed and wasnt hitting every shot in sight like the first half had nothing to do with it? Or the fact that we came out flat and didnt challenge the pick and roll at all in the first half and came in the 2nd half and did so, nothing from that either? A couple calls were bad, i'll give you that but how about game 5 when your team was flopping all over the place, or them deciding they were gonna get our whole team in foul trouble. Come on man, your better then this, you lost to a slightly better team. The games are ref'd inconsistenly and they miss calls both ways, Fisher made a couple 3's in this series that were called 2's and never changed, i dont feel like either team has any more to gripe about then the other.

It was a close game throughout the 4th. Close enough that those calls changed the game.

1. A defensive foul against Manu Ginobili is waved off, turned into an offensive foul. Replay showed Durant was sliding, original call was correct. - 3 pts for the Spurs

2. Manu Ginobili is hit setting a legitimate screen while Leonard hits a three. Ginobili is called for a foul. (Harden flop) - 3 pts for the Spurs

3. Stephen Jackson receives a technical foul for looking at the Thunder's bench. He says nothing, he makes no gesture; he looked at them. + 1 pt for the Thunder. (OKC does this a lot as do a lot of guys)

4. Parker is called for a foul against Westbrook. The replay shows there was NO CONTACT I mean none whatsoever. +1 pt Thunder

5. Kawhi Leonard is strongly hit in the head, causing him to lose the ball out of bounds. (Replay showed Westbrook wack him in the head) No call. +2 pts Thunder

6. On a driving shot, Kevin Durant gets a foul called against a defender. It's Kawhi Leonard, and he's not within five feet of Durant. + 1 pt Thunder

7. Kevin Durant initiates contact with a rip through move against Stephen Jackson. It is called a foul on Jackson - two free throws for Durant. A point of emphasis this season to referees has been that this is NOT a foul, yet the called it anyway. + 2 pts Thunder

That's 14 free points to the Thunder, and Ginobili on the bench in the fourth, all because of fouls that did not happen. This is not whining about the referees, these are simply the facts, and they can be examined for validity.

During the stretch of bad calls in the 4th, the Thunder did not hit a FG for over 5 minutes, but they managed to put up 14 points for the calls listed above.

Spurs I bet were gassed towards the end, those calls are absolutely demoralizing. I mean they really played good defense and the game was within reach. If that 3 point play goes down for Manu, and that 3 for Leonard was allowed? The momentum shifts to SA, quiets the crowd a little and things get really interesting.

It's really pathetic that it went down like that.

khaleesi
06-07-2012, 10:17 AM
When so many people are questioning the REFs, you need to pay attention.

NBA is starting to feel the Wrestling in the 1970s with League Officials swearing nothing is rigged.

The way fouls are called is clearly bad and not in accordance with the rule book. Period.

They are called based on the REFs personal feelings at the moment and if I never hear Joey Crawford's name brought up in this context it would be a great day.

Fact name Joey Crawford comes up in a discussion of favorable callssss (plural) to a superstar team is enough to make me nuts.

kdspurman
06-07-2012, 10:18 AM
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOVVVEEEE! That sig :clap:

khaleesi
06-07-2012, 10:19 AM
It was a close game throughout the 4th. Close enough that those calls changed the game.

1. A defensive foul against Manu Ginobili is waved off, turned into an offensive foul. Replay showed Durant was sliding, original call was correct. - 3 pts for the Spurs

2. Manu Ginobili is hit setting a legitimate screen while Leonard hits a three. Ginobili is called for a foul. (Harden flop) - 3 pts for the Spurs

3. Stephen Jackson receives a technical foul for looking at the Thunder's bench. He says nothing, he makes no gesture; he looked at them. + 1 pt for the Thunder. (OKC does this a lot as do a lot of guys)

4. Parker is called for a foul against Westbrook. The replay shows there was NO CONTACT I mean none whatsoever. +1 pt Thunder

5. Kawai Leonard is strongly hit in the head, causing him to lose the ball out of bounds. (Replay showed Westbrook wack him in the head) No call. +2 pts Thunder

6. On a driving shot, Kevin Durant gets a foul called against a defender. It's Kawai Leonard, and he's not within five feet of Durant. + 1 pt Thunder

7. Kevin Durant initiates contact with a rip through move against Stephen Jackson. It is called a foul on Jackson - two free throws for Durant. A point of emphasis this season to referees has been that this is NOT a foul, yet the called it anyway. + 2 pts Thunder

That's 14 free points to the Thunder, and Ginobili on the bench in the fourth, all because of fouls that did not happen. This is not whining about the referees, these are simply the facts, and they can be examined for validity.

During the stretch of bad calls in the 4th, the Thunder did not hit a FG for over 5 minutes, but they managed to put up 14 points for the calls listed above.

Spurs I bet were gassed towards the end, those calls are absolutely demoralizing. I mean they really played good defense and the game was within reach. If that 3 point play goes down for Manu, and that 3 for Leonard was allowed? The momentum shifts to SA, quiets the crowd a little and things get really interesting.

Could care less about the Spurs but this 100% TRUE.

REFs decided the game.

midwestmadman
06-07-2012, 10:20 AM
D.Rose tearing his ACL was so planned that way the C's could get a easy road to the ECF. Bosh's abdominal strain was totally made up, as was his massuer (who never really existed) it all for the story lines isn't it. Stern rigged the draft lottery, and he is giving bonuses to the refs who call fouls on the Spurs to let OKC make it to the Finals. I guess that is what many of the PSD posters want to believe. If this was all rigged, then the Heat would be the defending Champion, and they would have already won the ECF. Can we stop with the bs refs and stern fixing games crap already? Particulalry when I hear it in other threads coming from Miami fans that the refs stole games form them, have they not watched the calls the Heat have gotten over the last 2 seasons?

Corndog
06-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Although I do believe that on some level Stern may have an agenda, people have to realize that players in this league are getting to the line because they're learning how to get the refs to blow the whistle. It's not about going to the rim and taking a hit, it's about dropping your shoulder into a defender that's actually in good position then falling back as you throw the ball at the backboard. It's about putting up a pump fake and jumping three feet forward as you shoot so you get "hit" on the arm. It's about running under an athletic player as he's jumping and sliding nine feet back if his legs brush your shoulder on the way up. Players like Reggie Evans (who I love, by the way) thrive on being super physical one play then hitting the deck like a ton of bricks the next.

Are there terrible calls? Yep. Do the players give the refs much of a chance to get it right on a nightly basis? Not in my opinion.

I agree, they do need to clean up the game, quit calling these kind of fouls. Don't enable players that are acting for fouls. It's getting to the point that players that don't usually act are doing it because it's the only way to compete.

khaleesi
06-07-2012, 10:22 AM
D.Rose tearing his ACL was so planned that way the C's could get a easy road to the ECF. Bosh's abdominal strain was totally made up, as was his massuer (who never really existed) it all for the story lines isn't it. Stern rigged the draft lottery, and he is giving bonuses to the refs who call fouls on the Spurs to let OKC make it to the Finals. I guess that is what many of the PSD posters want to believe. If this was all rigged, then the Heat would be the defending Champion, and they would have already won the ECF. Can we stop with the bs refs and stern fixing games crap already?

Again, when so many people, including prominent people, think the game is baked you must question what you are doing. Rigged or not.

I don't think it is rigged but I do feel REFs play favorites for whatever reason and have agendas.

Just the calls are so horrendous.

Jarvo
06-07-2012, 10:26 AM

Clippers say wassup gangsta

Corndog
06-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Again, when so many people, including prominent people, think the game is baked you must question what you are doing. Rigged or not.

I don't think it is rigged but I do feel REFs play favorites for whatever reason and have agendas.

I believe the statement Duncan made was swept up by the crowd and that actually makes sense. I am not a big fan of Colin Cowherd, but he made a good point about NBA officiating. He said watch college, the difference between a home game and away game foul calls is ridiculous and it's true.

I remember having a discussion about Big Ten teams at home getting foul calls and I believe only Illinios didn't have an advantage, some like Wisconsin had an average advantage of six fouls a game.

Jarvo
06-07-2012, 10:31 AM

Lol wait to if the Heat wins tonight all hell will break loose and people will say the refs helped you guys.

Jarvo
06-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Spurs would have never won a title if it wasn't for the refs helping them. Steve Nash would have at least 1 ring right now if it wasn't for the refs helping the Spurs.

There's a reason you won't see too many Spurs fans complain about officiating.....because they know they wouldn't have won their last 3 rings without the beautiful flopping from Ginobili and Parker and the other Europeans they bring to San Antonio.

You sound mad bro.

Carey
06-07-2012, 10:35 AM

5. Kawhi Leonard is strongly hit in the head, causing him to lose the ball out of bounds. (Replay showed Westbrook wack him in the head) No call. +2 pts Thunder

6. On a driving shot, Kevin Durant gets a foul called against a defender. It's Kawhi Leonard, and he's not within five feet of Durant. + 1 pt Thunder

Manu's screen was illegal...S-Jax would have gotten a tech 7 days of the week in this NBA, nobody on the Thunder has done that to that extent in this series....Thunder got into the penalty attacking the rim...#7 is also flat out wrong, the rip move is still a foul, its just not a shooting foul, the Thunder were already in the penalty so it resulted in 2 ft's. The charge on KD was bang bang play, to me it look like he got there but you could say he was a milo sec late and i couldnt argue it.

Leonard definetely didnt foul KD on his turn around jumper, they also missed your #5 example

Your views are extremely short sided....How many pirouette's did TP do in this series off minimal contact? Or his push offs, especially on his spin moves that never get called. What about Manu's holding and his push offs? What about game 5 when they put all our guys in foul trouble and force us out of our 8 man rotation? Dont feed me just one side of it.

Ladies Man
06-07-2012, 10:36 AM
D.Rose tearing his ACL was so planned that way the C's could get a easy road to the ECF. Bosh's abdominal strain was totally made up, as was his massuer (who never really existed) it all for the story lines isn't it. Stern rigged the draft lottery, and he is giving bonuses to the refs who call fouls on the Spurs to let OKC make it to the Finals. I guess that is what many of the PSD posters want to believe. If this was all rigged, then the Heat would be the defending Champion, and they would have already won the ECF. Can we stop with the bs refs and stern fixing games crap already? Particulalry when I hear it in other threads coming from Miami fans that the refs stole games form them, have they not watched the calls the Heat have gotten over the last 2 seasons?

I don't think the players fake injury just because Stern wants it so. I think the refs always give the game away to the side that Stern wants to see. How the Mavericks won the finals and beat the refs amaze me. Its either the refs are dumb as hell or they are giving the benefit of the doubt. Look at this play of LeBron. Not trying to call out his skills but he gets bailed out all the time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foaPMZxtzx4
And theres more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBFo-34hRdM&feature=related

Once again not trying to bash the Heat but really I want to make Stern watch this and ask him where are the fouls

NYflightboy
06-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Makes me wonder what tonight's officiating and the corresponding thread is going to look like.

Jarvo
06-07-2012, 10:37 AM

END OF STORY ! This post for the ****ing win ! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jarvo
06-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Makes me wonder what tonight's officiating and the corresponding thread is going to look like.

I bet on my mother that if the Heat win people will ***** saying the refs gave it to them :laugh:

kdspurman
06-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Manu's screen was illegal...S-Jax would have gotten a tech 7 days of the week in this NBA, nobody on the Thunder has done that to that extent in this series....Thunder got into the penalty attacking the rim...#7 is also flat out wrong, the rip move is still a foul, its just not a shooting foul, the Thunder were already in the penalty so it resulted in 2 ft's. The charge on KD was bang bang play, to me it look like he got there but you could say he was a milo sec late and i couldnt argue it.

Leonard definetely didnt foul KD on his turn around jumper, they also missed your #5 example

Your views are extremely short sided....How many pirouette's did TP do in this series off minimal contact? Or his push offs, especially on his spin moves that never get called. What about Manu's holding and his push offs? What about game 5 when they put all our guys in foul trouble and force us out of our 8 man rotation? Dont feed me just one side of it.

No way was his screen illegal!

And Harden stared Tiago down and nothing was called right? OKC does a lot of "questionable" things after dunks or 3's that could be considered taunting. But Jackson gets one? Please...

I'm not going to sit here and say refs weren't inconsistent on both ends through out the series. But when it's a closeout game, and OKC goes through a 5 minute stretch or so not hitting any FG's but they're getting every call? It really takes away what could've been a great finish, and potentially a game 7 tomorrow. It was like no matter what happened, a miss by OKC and a chance to cut it to 2-4 points, there was a whistle.

It was 2 1/2 quarters of pretty good officiating, letting guys be physical and letting them play. Then they went whistle crazy, and your team benefited from it, no question about it.

Congrats to OKC. They are moving on. But to sit here and say they didn't have help in that 4th quarter is strictly homerism, or denial. It was very obvious. The officiating really dictated that game, and it's a shame to have something like that happen. Trust me, people still say the Suns were robbed in 07. So I know all about it.

new york blue
06-07-2012, 10:48 AM
I bet on my mother that if the Heat win people will ***** saying the refs gave it to them :laugh:

It's a ref's league.:rolleyes:

kdspurman
06-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Bottom line, this is a business first. They can't risk not having either Miami or OKC in the finals, Especially in this lock out season where they've lost money to begin with, and I truly believe that.

Once Miami lost Game 5, and on the brink of elimination, I think it was a must for OKC to get in, and it was pretty evident last night. Now even if Boston wins, OKC will bring in ratings, which makes everyone happy...

Carey
06-07-2012, 10:56 AM
No way was his screen illegal!

And Harden stared Tiago down and nothing was called right? OKC does a lot of "questionable" things after dunks or 3's that could be considered taunting. But Jackson gets one? Please...

I'm not going to sit here and say refs weren't inconsistent on both ends through out the series. But when it's a closeout game, and OKC goes through a 5 minute stretch or so not hitting any FG's but they're getting every call? It really takes away what could've been a great finish, and potentially a game 7 tomorrow. It was like no matter what happened, a miss by OKC and a chance to cut it to 2-4 points, there was a whistle.

It was 2 1/2 quarters of pretty good officiating, letting guys be physical and letting them play. Then they went whistle crazy, and your team benefited from it, no question about it.

Manu wasnt set and his arms were extended....illegal screen. Since when has a stare down on the floor been called? but i've grandstanding in front of a bench called. Not saying it's right, but consistent with how it's been called. The Thunder have celebrated and did little handgestures after 3's and dunks like any other team but not toward the Spurs bench.

The spurs couldnt miss in the first half and the Thunder came out with no urgency. We picked that up noticeably in the 2nd half and finally started playing Thunder basketball vs the pick and roll. I also thought the Spurs got noticeably gassed by the end of the 3rd and you couple that with the D we played and they started missing shots. I think these factors outweigh what any ref could have done.

new york blue
06-07-2012, 11:01 AM

Agreed.
What I have never understood about conspiracy theorists is why they think Stern would risk his personal reputation and the $10 billion capitalization of the league over something which makes so little difference for their $4 billion annual revenue stream. And if he is not deciding, then which of the team owners get to pick and how do they buy off the losers? And how do they corrupt their own highly elaborate ref supervision procedures? Most conspiracy theories fall apart when you think about them for two minutes, and this is one where the flaws are pretty east to spot.

kdspurman
06-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Manu wasnt set and his arms were extended....illegal screen. Since when has a stare down on the floor been called? but i've grandstanding in front of a bench called. Not saying it's right, but consistent with how it's been called. The Thunder have celebrated and did little handgestures after 3's and dunks like any other team but not toward the Spurs bench.

The spurs couldnt miss in the first half and the Thunder came out with no urgency. We picked that up noticeably in the 2nd half and finally started playing Thunder basketball vs the pick and roll. I also thought the Spurs got noticeably gassed by the end of the 3rd and you couple that with the D we played and they started missing shots. I think these factors outweigh what any ref could have done.

We had a 1 point lead heading into the 4th! I'm sure guys were tired, but like I said, OKC went 5mins or so without a FG but managed to keep/extend the lead with those bogus calls. (I didn't even get all of them, there was an offensive foul on Tim too where Fisher ran into him while Tim was stationary)

It was clear as day, but you can keep saying it's cause the Spurs were "Gassed".

ShockerArt
06-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Harden may have flopped, but Manu's screen was definitely illegal. Not even close IMO.

As for Skip Bayless, if people would just ignore him, he would go away ...

midwestmadman
06-07-2012, 11:14 AM

I agree that the calls have been horrendous, however human error is more to blame than anything else. It could be officials getting caught up in the moment and not even knowing it. I would just say that horrible calls though go both ways. Look at the C's V. Heat series. In Game 5, for the most part every bad call went in Miami's favor, until the C's collectively took control without the refs help. Once they begain so seize control the C's started getting the benefit of the calls, and at the most pivitol part of the game. The foul that was called on Haslem on the attempted steal off the inbounds play was awful, just awful, but it went the C's way not Miami's way.

In this series Thunder / Spurs the benefit of the calls down the stretch went OKC way yes, but what the vast majority of Spurs fans are failing to recall is that OKC spent all of the 3rd quarter seizing control of the game without all the whistles and cut the lead from 15 to just 2 even taking the lead brefily. Some folks in here say that the Ginobili offensive foul (in the 4th) was a bad call. Some stated in here that the call was changed from a defensive foul too. To clearify, it was never changed, Marv Albert said the foul was called for a block though the ref never called it that way, on the replay that we all saw, I agreed with the ref, Ginobili lowered the shoulder, Durants feet were set and the call was correct. Now, I don't thinking anyone would argue with me that Ginobili reaps the benefits of flopping more than anyone else in the league, so why are Spurs fans complaining about officiating? Just face facts, the better team won this series.

I dont take anything away from the Spurs, they had a great year, they have been the pedestal that other team compare themselfs to for the last 10 years, and are everything a team should be. If they had made the NBA Finals they would beat either the Heat or the C's, but the Thinder is a little bit better and they will win the NBA Finals with or without bad officiating.

Lo Porto
06-07-2012, 11:15 AM
You knew OKC was going to win the game when the refs handed OKC that stretch in the 3rd quarter. Remember the 4 minute stretch?
- Leonard got hit in the head with no call which led him to dribble the ball on the baseline
- Jackson hit a three and turn to just look at the bench and got a technical
- Parker and Manu went to the hole 3 different times, had contact, but no call
- OKC got every 50-50 call at the other end

The lead went from 7 to 1. Any nuetral fan could tell that San Antonio was not going to be allowed to win that game.

kdspurman
06-07-2012, 11:18 AM

Pulled this from another thread, since this is a hot topic today vs OKC advancing...

Derek Fisher ran into Gary Neal, and Neal was called for a foul. On another play Neal didn't touch the player and a foul was called.

Tim Duncan was called for an offensive foul when a player fell.

On one no call Durant hit a three, but Perkins clearly held Stephen Jackson in the lane to prevent him from closing out.

On another no call, Ibaka set an illegal screen which tripped Jackson.

There was also a phantom touch foul on one Durant shot and also a late phantom call on a Westbrook shot. Each time the shooter went to the line. Conversely, Parker got hit driving the lane twice in the second half with no foul.

Other no calls: Rooting out for rebounds by Fisher on Ginobili and by Sefolosha, who converted for a dunk.

YankeesR#2
06-07-2012, 11:19 AM

You can file this under "What goes around comes around."

That was the crucial call of the game. It took 3 points away from the Spurs and gave Ginobili his fifth foul which sent him to the bench but it couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy. One day they will call flops, "Ginobilis" because he is the king of the floppers.

They have to do something about it, right now they just ignore it if they catch it and call a foul if they don't. I would have them call a techinical foul on the guy who flops if they catch it.

That would end it in a hurry.

Carey
06-07-2012, 11:21 AM
We had a 1 point lead heading into the 4th! I'm sure guys were tired, but like I said, OKC went 5mins or so without a FG but managed to keep/extend the lead with those bogus calls. (I didn't even get all of them, there was an offensive foul on Tim too where Fisher ran into him while Tim was stationary)

It was clear as day, but you can keep saying it's cause the Spurs were "Gassed".

So the spurs scored 30 something points in the first quarter, then came out and scored that same 30 something in the 2nd half because of the refs? seriously? refs missed calls, a couple really bad ones, it happens, its happened to us in this same series but to discredit to Thunder is just plain irresponsible. The Thunder played with urgency in the 2nd half and made stops, and actually that was the biggest reason they won this game. Look i think you have a gripe, i just think your over blowing it. I have alot of respect for the Spurs, i've long looked at the Thunder as sort of the Spurs little brother so to speak. I was beyond annoyed went people wrote us off after you went up 2-0, people lived in the moment and felt like the Spurs were unbeatable. The Thunder made their adjustments and stepped up the defensive intensity and won 4 straight enduring the inconsistent NBA officiating.

sep11ie
06-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Skip to my poo

lvblay3
06-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Yes they have flopped in the past. But what does that have to do with this past game. They were screwed.

PS Harden was crowned MVF by the league tonight. Congrats to him.

Did you only watch the 2nd quarter... Because in the 1st half every call ways going the Spurs way..

YashBoone
06-07-2012, 11:26 AM
I just find it funny that after the Knicks heat series everyone was telling knick fans to stop crying about bad officiating. But now everybody is jumping on the wagon

midwestmadman
06-07-2012, 11:28 AM
So the spurs scored 30 something points in the first quarter, then came out and scored that same 30 something in the 2nd half because of the refs? seriously? refs missed calls, a couple really bad ones, it happens, its happened to us in this same series but to discredit to Thunder is just plain irresponsible. The Thunder played with urgency in the 2nd half and made stops, and actually that was the biggest reason they won this game. Look i think you have a gripe, i just think your over blowing it. I have alot of respect for the Spurs, i've long looked at the Thunder as sort of the Spurs little brother so to speak. I was beyond annoyed went people wrote us off after you went up 2-0, people lived in the moment and felt like the Spurs were unbeatable. The Thunder made their adjustments and stepped up the defensive intensity and won 4 straight enduring the inconsistent NBA officiating.

:clap: This is spot on! :clap:

SanPitte
06-07-2012, 11:28 AM
i watched the game and i saw russell westbrook getting hit in the face on a drive, no foul was called
ginobili's block from behind should have been a foul
of course there also were some calls that favoured OKC
but the fouls on ginobili are not called every time only because he flops so much
and the spurs lost partly because parker went cold in the 2nd half (only 8pts, and missing many shots) and the thunder woke up (kinda like the celts in game 5)

midwestmadman
06-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Agreed.
What I have never understood about conspiracy theorists is why they think Stern would risk his personal reputation and the $10 billion capitalization of the league over something which makes so little difference for their $4 billion annual revenue stream. And if he is not deciding, then which of the team owners get to pick and how do they buy off the losers? And how do they corrupt their own highly elaborate ref supervision procedures? Most conspiracy theories fall apart when you think about them for two minutes, and this is one where the flaws are pretty east to spot.

Love this NY, strongly agree with you. :clap:

Chronz
06-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Bad calls aplenty for sure, but if you ask Duncan he would tell you it wasnt rigged. Refs make mistakes and lots of those were judgement calls.

Bottom line, this is a business first. They can't risk not having either Miami or OKC in the finals, Especially in this lock out season where they've lost money to begin with, and I truly believe that.

Once Miami lost Game 5, and on the brink of elimination, I think it was a must for OKC to get in, and it was pretty evident last night. Now even if Boston wins, OKC will bring in ratings, which makes everyone happy...

LOL, once Miami lost? Umm why not help Miami win if thats the case? The refs certainly didnt do them any favors the last 3 games. And the league was losing money all the years the Spurs were making the Finals, why wait till now to start holding them back?

kingjaymes23
06-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Yeah sorry Thunder fans. I hate Bayless and I know he loves the Spurs, but he also loves Durant. I hate to ever agree with him, but I have to agree with him on this one. The Thunder got call after call last night in the second half, the 4th quarter especially. One of the worst displays of officiating I have ever seen.

kingjaymes23
06-07-2012, 11:38 AM
I know there are fans saying that this is rigged. I think that the officiating was absolutely terrible and one sided in crunch time, when it mattered the most. That does not mean however that I think it was rigged. I don't think Stern had anything to do with it and don't know why he ever would want to do something like that. I do think the refs called the game unfairly tho. It was like watching a Duke game towards the end of that game, they got every freakin call

Jarvo
06-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Spurs Got Robbed Kings Style

LGhost
06-07-2012, 11:46 AM
They either need to call EVERY GODDAMN FOUL or they need to make sure that there is the EXACT same amount of fouls called for each team by the end of the game. Sounds ******** but watching the NBA is becoming ******** - The goal of these fouls should not be "advantages for one team or the other" - The goal for fouls should be "to keep players from getting too aggressive" - I don't even know what the **** purpose of fouls are anymore after seeing this season & playoffs - I'm starting to believe they want "controversially calls" because it creates news\media\MONEY...

They could easily keep players from getting aggressive by using the whistle WHILE NOT affecting the god damn out come of the ****ing games... LET THESE DAMN PLAYERS get touched, as long as it wasn't intentional or hard enough to risk injury then let the damn play go on! It's ridiculous - you sit down to watch the game - only to get a break from it every other possession... I want to see up and down the court action - I want to see a team losing and then come back into a game on their own, I would like to see what they are doing differently, I don't want to see the winning team get worse because all the whistles being blown to stop the action and ultimately ruin their damn flow that got them a 20+ lead....

What the **** do they have flagrant 1's 2's 3's and personal fouls - all this extra **** is only ********... Personal fouls should just be eliminated, or just rename them to "touch fouls" or "soft fouls" or "punk *** fouls" - get rid of em' and turn the penalty up on flagrants - no players wants to cost their team and the whole fan base a game, no players want to disappoint their own fans nor embarrass them self on TV, maybe Ron Artest...

I understand the "written" goal of fouls is probably about protecting the players or some **** - but that's not what I'm seeing - I'm seeing foul calls protect a certain team from getting blown the **** out or making sure a team struggles to win - I'm not biased, this is what the hell I am seeing with the whistles

They need to get this game back to the basics and try to start over

DaBUU
06-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Ref's sucked without a doubt, but in the end, OKC was just too much for the older Spurs to contain. This Thunder team is something to behold at times, they should wreck whoever in the finals.

SouthSideRookie
06-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Clippers say wassup gangsta

Passing of the Torch.

You knew OKC was going to win the game when the refs handed OKC that stretch in the 3rd quarter. Remember the 4 minute stretch?
- Leonard got hit in the head with no call which led him to dribble the ball on the baseline
- Jackson hit a three and turn to just look at the bench and got a technical
- Parker and Manu went to the hole 3 different times, had contact, but no call
- OKC got every 50-50 call at the other end

The lead went from 7 to 1. Any nuetral fan could tell that San Antonio was not going to be allowed to win that game.

Yeah sorry Thunder fans. I hate Bayless and I know he loves the Spurs, but he also loves Durant. I hate to ever agree with him, but I have to agree with him on this one. The Thunder got call after call last night in the second half, the 4th quarter especially. One of the worst displays of officiating I have ever seen.

Spurs Got Robbed Kings Style

http://youtu.be/ZwVTnmQ1s7g

For those saying this is the worst officiating you have seen must of just started watching the NBA, this has been going on for quite some time. The Thunder won because they are the better team, in fact had it not been for the Thunder giving away game one they likely win the series in 5.

Shlumpledink
06-07-2012, 11:54 AM
If they made an issue about the officiating as early as the dallas series then maybe the referees would figure it out. But nah, it was ignored through the dallas series, and the lakers series, now at the very end they finally mention how bad it is. They flop all the time and the referees need to wise up a little bit. Put basketball back into the hands of the players, out of the hands of the refs.

Lo Porto
06-07-2012, 11:59 AM
This all started with Michael Jordan. Star treatment runs this league. The league knows the better story for the long term of the league is to have OKC come out of this series. I'm not saying it was predetermined, but OKC was given every advantage to win the last few games and last night especially.

Jarvo
06-07-2012, 12:04 PM
I'm just going to get my popcorn and wai to see if the Heat wins tonight and see what you guys say.

sweet-d
06-07-2012, 12:04 PM
denial denial denial..

AlexTmz2
06-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Im not the type of fan who blames either the coaching, players or even the officiating. But im going to be straight up honest with yesterdays game.

Yesterdays officiating was a joke! Everytime a player from OKC brought the ball up, their had to be a call, a horrible call! On the defensive end for us, it was a turnover by the refs waiting to happen. Spurs really showed their age last night, but they gave it their all to a great and young talented team. Still happy to see our guys healthy and hopefully we make another deep run next year.

OKC is a hell of a team and Kevin Durant is carrying his team to greatness. This is going to be the team to beat in the West for years to come. Congrats to the OKC fans.

Go Spurs Go!!!

Joey Crawford = :burn:

kdspurman
06-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Bad calls aplenty for sure, but if you ask Duncan he would tell you it wasnt rigged. Refs make mistakes and lots of those were judgement calls.

LOL, once Miami lost? Umm why not help Miami win if thats the case? The refs certainly didnt do them any favors the last 3 games. And the league was losing money all the years the Spurs were making the Finals, why wait till now to start holding them back?

Lockout Season? League lost $$? The excitement of the young Thunder team? The fact that Spurs finals series have generated lower ratings than the others?

Boston stole Game 5. So why would they risk having a Spurs-Celtics finals when they could at least have OKC-Boston? And that's not to say they won't come out and keep Miami in the game tonight either. But at the very least, it assures them OKC will bring ratings and money in.

And Duncan even admitted in his post game that they were getting all the whistles, so I don't necessarily agree with your point there. And I don't know I've ever heard him say that in a post game conference. Surely he argues in the heat of the moment, but not afterwards.

Vincent
06-07-2012, 12:22 PM
I had zero stake in last night's game, but even I thought some of the calls at the end were just blatantly bad.

1. Foul on Ginobili on Russell Westbrook on a jumper (apparently he hit him on the wrist). That looked like no contact.

2. The technical foul on Stephen Jackson for "staring."

3. The offensive foul on Stephen Jackson on James Harden during an inbounds play.

4. The offensive foul on Ginobili on James Harden as he passed the ball out to Leonard.

thekmp211
06-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Lockout Season? League lost $$? The excitement of the young Thunder team? The fact that Spurs finals series have generated lower ratings than the others?

Boston stole Game 5. So why would they risk having a Spurs-Celtics finals when they could at least have OKC-Boston? And that's not to say they won't come out and keep Miami in the game tonight either. But at the very least, it assures them OKC will bring ratings and money in.

And Duncan even admitted in his post game that they were getting all the whistles, so I don't necessarily agree with your point there. And I don't know I've ever heard him say that in a post game conference. Surely he argues in the heat of the moment, but not afterwards.

i'm of two minds. but this game didn't strike me as even the worst of the conference finals.

it was a tough way to go out by SAS got shell shocked. we all did. very few people saw this coming and those who predicted it i think are even a little surprised.

but per usual there's no grand conspiracy theory. it would be too easy to spot. do feel bad for duncan, and i seem to be in the minority when i say i hope he DOESN'T retire. dude looked so strong this postseason. what he should do is re open the bank if you catch my drift.

skip's just bein skip.

LGhost
06-07-2012, 12:25 PM

The NBA allows players to piss others off by flopping and getting a charge called against them but they will fine a player for speaking his feelings

I mean flopping "looks bad for the league" but that is allowed so why can't players express themselves more openly and say what they feel without having to clean it up

Everyone just needs to speak up - no one wants to say the refs costs them the game but in reality they very well might have - players need to speak up, forget pride, **** a fine and flat out say - the refs were horrible

Media will eat it up every time and it will continue to make the league look bad until they start to do something about it

Honestly, I'm not sure if that's whats best - but something needs to be done

bucketss
06-07-2012, 12:29 PM
With a shortened season, the league needed more revenue. The game rigging was at its all time worst this post season.

even worse than 2002?

Chronz
06-07-2012, 12:32 PM

It makes no sense to me, by that same logic, the Lockout happened because of teams like the Spurs, why wait till now to start doing something about it?

Boston stole those games, but thats my point, why werent the refs helping Miami the last 3 games the same way they were allegedly helping OKC?

LOL I never denied that OKC was getting all the calls, he also implies that the refs were swallowed (influenced) by the crowd. That doesnt go against my position.

Chronz
06-07-2012, 12:34 PM
I had zero stake in last night's game, but even I thought some of the calls at the end were just blatantly bad.

1. Foul on Ginobili on Russell Westbrook on a jumper (apparently he hit him on the wrist). That looked like no contact.

2. The technical foul on Stephen Jackson for "staring."

3. The offensive foul on Stephen Jackson on James Harden during an inbounds play.

4. The offensive foul on Ginobili on James Harden as he passed the ball out to Leonard.
You should do this for every possession. I saw a few no calls for the Thunder too. Westbrook got hit on the head, Perk was fouled while shooting. Thats all I can remember but if the NBA wanted to rig the game, they could have put it away sooner than they did, they certainly missed a few easy calls that no one would have argued against.

Vincent
06-07-2012, 12:46 PM
You should do this for every possession. I saw a few no calls for the Thunder too. Westbrook got hit on the head, Perk was fouled while shooting. Thats all I can remember but if the NBA wanted to rig the game, they could have put it away sooner than they did, they certainly missed a few easy calls that no one would have argued against.

I'm sure there were, I didn't catch much of the early parts of the game, so I wouldn't know if the calls just eventually evened out.

But the frequency of bad calls are a problem. I understand the game is difficult to officiate, but it seems the quality of the referees have been getting more and more inconsistent.

Chronz
06-07-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm sure there were, I didn't catch much of the early parts of the game, so I wouldn't know if the calls just eventually evened out.

But the frequency of bad calls are a problem. I understand the game is difficult to officiate, but it seems the quality of the referees have been getting more and more inconsistent.

Some games are worse than others, I doubt the calls evened out, my point isnt that the Spurs didnt get the short end of the stick, frankly thats obvious, my only point is if the NBA was actively trying to screw the Spurs, they could have done a much better job of it.

Refs are simply officiating the game at an inconsistent level, the speed of todays athletes have outpaced their eyes. Its time for a radical change imo, more instant replays and challenges.

TheIlladelph16
06-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Skip can blow me. He doesn't want to see Westbrook succeed which is why this is so awesome.

Seriously smh at anyone who thinks that Stern is actually rigging games through officiating. Yes the NBA officials suck we get it, but to truly believe there is some huge conspiracy going on with the league is utter BS. Join us all here in the real world please.

NYtilIdie.... quoted you just so I could tell you I love the sig. Only a month or so away!!!!! #letscook

blastmasta26
06-07-2012, 01:56 PM
There's no conspiracy, refs may be bad but that's a result of giving the benefit of the doubt to star players and perhaps catering to the home team. But it's not rigged, otherwise Miami would be getting much more calls down the stretch than they have been.

NYYCowboys
06-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Guaranteed Stern told the refs they better give every call to the Heat tonight.

kingjaymes23
06-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Does anybody find it as a coincidence that there have been so many comebacks these playoffs from nearly 20 points down? If you look at these comebacks, the team making the comeback has usually done so by getting to the free throw line more than the other team. Durant shot nearly as many free throws as the entire Spurs team! Last night's officiating was a joke

Chronz
06-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Guaranteed Stern told the refs they better give every call to the Heat tonight.

Why did he wait so long?

C_Mund
06-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Harden may have flopped, but Manu's screen was definitely illegal. Not even close IMO.

As for Skip Bayless, if people would just ignore him, he would go away ...

This right here is the ticket.

BULLSFAN0810
06-07-2012, 04:00 PM
The game was tainted..
That flop by harden was a no call
The tech on jackson was weak, if any thing a warning.. Given by Crawford the Duncan/ Spur hater.. known fact.. And he reffing eliminating game?
Duncan pass to lenard for 3 stopped by a call.. Leonard hit it
Damn near all those buckets would've tied it or made it a 1 point game. I don't know who would've won, but the game was poorly reffed. I think someone should be fired, or the game should be investigated, there are too many incidents in the past of bad ly reffed games

Gritz
06-07-2012, 04:03 PM
F Stern

JayAllDay
06-07-2012, 04:33 PM
If Heat shoots 20 more FTs than Boston, get ready for a shitstorm on PSD.

New commissioner is absolutely needed for the NBA.

amos1er
06-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Lol wait to if the Heat wins tonight all hell will break loose and people will say the refs helped you guys.

People will say that the refs helped, ONLY IF THE REFS DID INDEED HELP!!! Its not like I am making a thread every game and am not basing it off of some sort of logical or statistical proof that I have. I'm not just making this **** up people.

Fact: I have only made two threads this post season where I have blamed the refs for a team losing.

Fact: The two games I am calling into question are game 2 of the ECF and game 6 of the WCF.

Only two games people. Stop saying that I blame the refs for everything, because that is not true and your only saying that to ruin my credibility. Every thread I have started I have laid out concrete facts to back up my claims which is better than most of your rebuttals of trying to use ad hominem insults to make my claims look like the ravings of a mad man. Fact is, most of the posters on here that are non-bias and mostly fans of teams that have no stake in the games in questions have agreed with me. It's only the loyal Durant/Lebron/Wade nutthuggers that have defended the atrocities that took place in game 2 of the ECF and game 6 of the WCF.

Not one of you people that have denied my claims have given any sort of logical basis as to why what I am saying is wrong. All I see are ad hominem insults...pretty weak people. :rolleyes: If this was truly the rantings of a fool, than you would have more than ad hominem insults to prove me wrong. Truth is you have nothing to prove me wrong...nothing but blind faith in David Stern and the NBA. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

SouthSideRookie
06-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Does anybody find it as a coincidence that there have been so many comebacks these playoffs from nearly 20 points down? If you look at these comebacks, the team making the comeback has usually done so by getting to the free throw line more than the other team. Durant shot nearly as many free throws as the entire Spurs team! Last night's officiating was a joke

I do find it ironic that the team that lead the NBA in FT% and FTs made and has several guys who can break the defense off the dribble would get to the line :rolleyes:

Blitzbolt
06-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Spurs lost but they still have the BEST center in the NBA Tiago Splitter right Skip/.

Sike!!!Spurs suck!

John Walls Era
06-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Spurs lost but they still have the BEST center in the NBA Tiago Splitter right Skip/.

Sike!!!Spurs suck!

you really showed skip. Its a good thing he has an account on PSD.

StinkEye
06-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Skip is ****Tarded.

kingjaymes23
06-07-2012, 05:37 PM
I do find it ironic that the team that lead the NBA in FT% and FTs made and has several guys who can break the defense off the dribble would get to the line :rolleyes:

Oh sorry I forgot that star calls don't exist Except for in the playoffs :rolleyes:

Hulk6
06-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Why is it so hard for people to believe that the officiating is rigged? Stop calling people bias it is clear these playoffs are rigged. I dont even root for any NBA team and i can easily tell how bad the officiating is.

Hulk6
06-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Someone should get that old ref that was caught for fixing, donaghy or something on for interview, he will get to the bottom of this.

LGhost
06-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Someone should get that old ref that was caught for fixing, donaghy or something on for interview, he will get to the bottom of this.

lol he already said something about the officiating last week - no one cares what he says though (with good reason)

TRF929
06-07-2012, 05:53 PM
I'm not one to get after the refs but last night was rediculous. OKC was playing good but when you add in the refs, the Spurs had no chance. It wasn't just the calls to blame but the non calls for the Spurs. I can pick out an instant, when Leonard got a rebound and was being hacked by 2 defenders making him dribble out of bounds. The announcers even said "wow, they're really lettin them play out there" but then on the other end a whistle is blown on a crap foul. I was like "are you serious, gonna call that ******* and not the otherside". I'll admit OKC was on fire in the 3rd, not needing the refs help but then it just got outta hand.

Duncan said it himself post game, "no matter what we did, we got the whistle"

If I was playing I would be so tempted to get the ball and bounce it off the refs face as hard as I could, make it look like an accident of course. I'd even take the little fine if it came

SouthSideRookie
06-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Why is it so hard for people to believe that the officiating is rigged? Stop calling people bias it is clear these playoffs are rigged. I dont even root for any NBA team and i can easily tell how bad the officiating is.

If you read through this thread or most of the GT's from these playoffs you will notice that eveyone has been complaining about the refs. It's dumb however to pin the series loss for the Spurs because of bad officiating.

kdspurman
06-07-2012, 06:17 PM
you really showed skip. Its a good thing he has an account on PSD.

That dude is the epitome of a troll lol. I never get how you can say a team that did better than yours sucks.

I'm trying to lay off him though as I think that's him in his sig, and he may have some problems :)

rhymeratic
06-07-2012, 06:18 PM
The officiating has ALWAYS been shady. You see the same shady mofo refs... how many times we need to see Joey the CHEAT Crawford ref'ing these games. Raise your hand if you see him virtually every game of these playoffs... what is up with that?!?!?

poleandreel
06-07-2012, 07:26 PM
If you haven't seen first take...you should watch it. Clearly argues that those fouls were legit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0luRB5qMsM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLZn5Rz-luw

amos1er
06-07-2012, 11:20 PM
If you haven't seen first take...you should watch it. Clearly argues that those fouls were legit.

Really???

Well...here is the smoking gun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CY6rrZ0Qu0

Remember Bosh's game winner in last years finals??? Ya...thats what I thought. Similar play to the Ginobli to Jackson three Harden flop only Dirk didn't get the call and was held by Haslem. Only difference is Dirk didn't flop. Probly knows he won't get the call even if he did. Harden knows he is on Durant's team and takes full advantage. This play proves without a doubt that the refs messed up on at least one of these plays. Same situation...different calls. Both times the Heat and Thunder got the call and in both cases were on opposing scenarios.

amos1er
06-07-2012, 11:24 PM
BTW. Miami won tonights game fair and square I just want to add for all those that say I ***** every time the Heat win. Props to Lebron he was the best player on the court. Dude was on fire...one of the best games I have ever seen from him. He stepped up when it counted. If he played even half that good every game, than he would never need help from the refs. Pierce was a joke tonight and cost his team huge. If Pierce plays that bad in game 7 I seriously think he should consider retirement.

LADTXR
06-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Really???

Remember Bosh's game winner in last years finals??? Ya...thats what I thought. Similar play to the Ginobli to Jackson three Harden flop only Dirk didn't get the call and was held by Haslem. Only difference is Dirk didn't flop. Probly knows he won't get the call even if he did. Harden knows he is on Durant's team and takes full advantage. This play proves without a doubt that the refs messed up on at least one of these plays. Same situation...different calls. Both times the Heat and Thunder got the call and in both cases were on opposing scenarios.

Similar? not really...Ginobili passed the ball took a couple steps and set a screen while still moving. No question whatsoever that is an offensive foul. This is the first time i've seen this play because i had to work during every game this series, but by the way everyone has been reacting on here i expected to see horrible calls. Those 2 calls were offensive fouls without a doubt. Giniboli was still moving and harden was trying to close out on his defender. I dislike Harden with a passion but he did the right thing by acting like he got hit by a train because the foul was so blatant that the refs had to call it. And just so you don't try and accuse me of being a homer i'm a lakers fan and was rooting for the spurs and really thought the spurs were going to win the series easy. Ya'll are just a bunch of sour grapes and are sounding like Skip. Also funny how skip tells tim legler that he's biased cuz he picked the thunder at the beginning of the year, so why isn't skip biased cuz he picked the Spurs? Skip is a joke and i refuse to watch any show with him on it cuz he's a narcissist and biased.

amos1er
06-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Similar? not really...Ginobili passed the ball took a couple steps and set a screen while still moving. No question whatsoever that is an offensive foul. This is the first time i've seen this play because i had to work during every game this series, but by the way everyone has been reacting on here i expected to see horrible calls. Those 2 calls were offensive fouls without a doubt. Giniboli was still moving and harden was trying to close out on his defender. I dislike Harden with a passion but he did the right thing by acting like he got hit by a train because the foul was so blatant that the refs had to call it. And just so you don't try and accuse me of being a homer i'm a lakers fan and was rooting for the spurs and really thought the spurs were going to win the series easy. Ya'll are just a bunch of sour grapes and are sounding like Skip. Also funny how skip tells tim legler that he's biased cuz he picked the thunder at the beginning of the year, so why isn't skip biased cuz he picked the Spurs? Skip is a joke and i refuse to watch any show with him on it cuz he's a narcissist and biased.

Well, if thats the case and it was the correct call, than why wasn't it when Haslem was literally holding Dirk back from Bosh?

LADTXR
06-08-2012, 12:20 AM
Well, if thats the case and it was the correct call, than why wasn't it when Haslem was literally holding Dirk back from Bosh?

I don't know i wasn't reffing the game nor am i david stern...Should Haslem have been called for a foul? Maybe, but it wasn't similar due to the fact that ginobili was running when he made contact with harden. Dirk was guarding haslem playing right on him when the ball was passed to bosh. Haslem wasn't moving side to side, he had his arms up as to set a screen and Dirk tried to go through him pushing haslem backwards...I really don't see anything illegal there.

kdspurman
06-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Just to further add to this:

In the 1st quarter, when the Spurs built their lead, OKC was called for 2 fouls and the Spurs were called for 4. Each team had 2 shooting fouls called. Seems pretty fair, and the Spurs playing well is how they built their 14-point lead.

In the 2nd quarter, at the end of which the Spurs had a 15-point lead, OKC was called for 6 fouls and the Spurs were called for 5. Each team had 3 shooting fouls called. Again, a pretty evenly-called quarter. Both teams played well.

In the 3rd quarter, where the Spurs' lead was cut to 1, OKC was called for 5 fouls and the Spurs were called for 4. While OKC was called for 1 more foul than the Spurs, only 1 of their fouls was a shooting foul. The Spurs had 3 shooting fouls called against them in the quarter. Pretty fair, even with the shooting foul discrepancy, and obviously OKC was playing lights-out in this quarter.

In the 4th quarter, OKC was called for 5 fouls and the Spurs were called for 11 fouls. Again, only 1 of OKC's fouls was of the shooting variety. The Spurs were called for 5 shooting fouls. Seems pretty biased in favor of OKC, especially where there were at least 8 points taken away from SA down the stretch.

kdspurman
06-08-2012, 02:24 PM

I meant to respond to you about this actually... If Nash didn't flop on that play when Horry bumped him, and takes the hit like a man, then maybe Amare/Diaw aren't suspended and all the speculation could end.

Good Lord, the guy already admitted to flopping/selling the fall. As a Suns fan, you should know that.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2010/6/25/1537688/steve-nash-finally-admits-to

MagicHero3
06-08-2012, 02:43 PM
id hate to be an NBA ref. they probably get death threats from disgruntled fans left and right

Chronz
06-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Really???

LMFAO definitely not the same play by Manu and Udonis. Haslem sets a screen OFF THE BALL, Manu sets a moving screen after he passed the ball. If you look at Haslem he knows Bosh is open the entire time, he blocks his path to the ball before Bron even makes the pass. Dirk makes a pathetic effort by trying to go through Haslem instead of around Haslem. Your not going to get a call when it looks like your not even trying to get back. The 2 plays werent similar and your going to get away with more physicality if your in your own space, Manu had not established position when he set the screen, thats the difference, especially down the stretch.

Refs will never call that, but an instinctive play with the passer running directly into the defender is always going to be a subjective call.

Chronz
06-08-2012, 05:11 PM
People will say that the refs helped, ONLY IF THE REFS DID INDEED HELP!!! Its not like I am making a thread every game and am not basing it off of some sort of logical or statistical proof that I have. I'm not just making this **** up people.
I have never seen you use proof and I have never seen you argue the other side when the Heat get bad calls.

Fact: I have only made two threads this post season where I have blamed the refs for a team losing.

Fact: The two games I am calling into question are game 2 of the ECF and game 6 of the WCF.

Both cases were devoid of objectivity.

Chronz
06-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Remember when you said Skip likes Durant and has no problem against them, well he LOVES the Spurs, he even calls them "my Spurs".

kdspurman
06-09-2012, 10:39 AM

You should watch this too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjxFgXse5oo

Sssmush
06-09-2012, 11:34 AM
from what I saw, some of those games that OKC won, they won in spite of the refs, not because of them, and the FT differentials tell the same story.

I don't think it's a Stern-fix, although Durant is a rising star... there is certainly some amount of referee incompetence, along with the weird homecourt advantage logic, and possibly even some corruption and other shenanigans, that is if 1/10th of what Donaghy has said is to be believed.

There is also some strange logic as to what should and should not be called, presumably dictated by the league, which at times swings wildly between "letting them play" on the one hand, and calling the most minute bit of physical contact a foul on the other, or calling fouls just purely on "position", without regard to contact at all -- the offensive player beat his man and got into the key, there are defenders in the vicinity, so if he misses the shot it is automatically a foul, because he had excellent position. Etc.

There also seems to be a quota on fouls that I'm noticing now. For instance, if there aren't at least 30 fouls called in a game and at least 40 FTs during the game, then the games would take much less time, maybe one hour and fifteen minutes, even with commercials. The 40 FTs are able to extend the game to 2 1/2 hours or so, allowing for much more commercials, commentary and fantastic entertainment.

Since those 40 FTs have to be divided up somehow, "fairly", the refs then have to use creative logic to do so, which is where some of the weird calls or non-calls probably occur. For instance, if the calls in the first or third quarter are reasonably allocated, but then one team starts fouling like crazy in the 2nd or 4th quarter, some of those calls will have to be missed, otherwise you willl have a 20 or 30+ FT differential.

For instance, since the "mandatory" foul calls necessary for a 2 1/2 hour game are already beind divvied up "fairly" more or less, if one team or the other starts to commit way more fouls, it will throw off the referees timing, and force them to either not call some of those fouls and/or "balance" the FT counts by awarding the other team some of their mandatory fouls.

In other words, since each team is already going to get, let's say, 15 FTs "mandatory" automatically, just for the sake of the game, and there is only going to be, say, 50 FTs total in the game, then all the legit fouls, jockeying, flopping, positioning etc will only be really competing for those "extra" 20 FTs in the middle, which are up for grabs. Therefore lots of calls will have to be "missed" and lots of marginal calls may have to be made to balance the mandatory FT quotas. To see this, check the box scores when really, really bad teams (Bobcats, etc) play really good teams like Miami or San Antonio, and look at the FT counts, which will be remarkably similar to when two excellent teams square off.

Bayless is essentially just being very emotional, because he didn't realize that OKC was always a lock to win that series. Westbrook vs Parker? That is laughable to favor Parker.

Gritz
06-09-2012, 11:44 AM

No u

How you gonna use Jesus and a curse word in the same sentence

venom518
06-09-2012, 12:01 PM
If you guys honestly believe that the refs are to blame for the Spurs losing four ****ing games in a row, you are out of your minds.

FreakaNashur
06-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Nba is a fat joke that keeps people entertained and the people are fooled into thinking they are watching something legitimate

Sssmush
06-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Nba is a fat joke that keeps people entertained and the people are fooled into thinking they are watching something legitimate

Your signature pic is either a very macho girl-g, or a very femme guy-g, I'm not totally decided which, the rack suggests the girl-g but the pouty expression suggests the guy-g. :shrug:

Sssmush
06-09-2012, 07:24 PM
If you guys honestly believe that the refs are to blame for the Spurs losing four ****ing games in a row, you are out of your minds.

Durant is a BEAST, and Westbrook is almost Jordan-esque.

When will people realize this? Seeing Durant and Westbrook head-to-head with Lebron and Wade will give people some perspective, because I guess Kobe and Duncan don't get any respect these days.

amos1er
06-09-2012, 07:39 PM
According to Real GM, 87% of NBA fans believe the game was given to the Thunder. They screwed you guys over too by taking away your legitimacy in the finals.

amos1er
06-09-2012, 07:47 PM

Great video. I don't know how anyone can deny that. So many sheep are buying into Stern's marketing ploys of Durant and Lebron leading their respective teams to the finals. Yet they ignore what is so clearly in front of their faces...This **** is rigged!!!

amos1er
06-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Here is a List of the bad calls that I found on another site:

No bias here, just the facts. Do with them what you will.

2. Manu Ginobili is hit setting a legitimate screen while Leonard hits a three. Ginobili is called for a foul. - 3 pts for the Spurs

3. Stephen Jackson receives a technical foul for looking at the Thunder's bench. He says nothing, he makes no gesture; he looked at them. + 1 pt for the Thunder

4. Parker is called for a foul against Westbrook. The replay shows there was zero contact, and zero appearance of contact. +1 pt Thunder

5. Kawai Leonard is strongly hit in the head, causing him to lose the ball out of bounds. No call. +2 pts Thunder

6. On a driving shot, Kevin Durant gets a foul called against a defender. It's Kawai Leonard, and he's not within five feet of Durant. + 1 pt Thunder

That's 12 free points to the Thunder, and Ginobili on the bench in the fourth, all because of fouls that did not happen. This is not whining about the referees, these are simply the facts, and they can be examined for validity.

No whining, just posting the obvious bad calls. By the way, I would have posted bad calls against the Thunder, but after review I can't find any. If you can find blatantly bad calls against the Thunder, I'll edit this post and put those calls in the list.

amos1er
06-09-2012, 07:51 PM
During the 4th quarter, the Thunder went nearly five minutes without making a field goal.

During this time they scored 15 points.

All from the free throw line. :facepalm:

amos1er
06-09-2012, 07:52 PM
"Well, congrats to the refs for winning the Western Conference Finals. They gave OKC everything they've got."
-- Graydon Gordian, 48 Minutes of Hell and ESPN.com

"That was controversial: Some really questionable calls will end up tainting what ended up being a truly fantastic display of basketball over these six games. We saw two teams play at a high level almost every quarter and truly battle. Sad that the officiating will be what's remembered."
-- Zach Harper, Daily Dime Live

"Refs have decided they'll make sure OKC going to Finals. One outrageously bad call after another. Ginobili robbed of 3-pt play, Sickening."
-- Skip Bayless, First Take

SouthSideRookie
06-09-2012, 09:00 PM

While we are at it, hey everyone take a look at this:

http://youtu.be/fvkKdXLwt0U

It goes both ways.

During the 4th quarter, the Thunder went nearly five minutes without making a field goal.

During this time they scored 15 points.

All from the free throw line. :facepalm:

The Thunder are the best at getting to the line and also converting. Look at what Manu and Tony did in the fourth of games 5 and 6, their run is over.

sweet-d
06-10-2012, 01:16 AM
Here is a List of the bad calls that I found on another site:

No bias here, just the facts. Do with them what you will.

2. Manu Ginobili is hit setting a legitimate screen while Leonard hits a three. Ginobili is called for a foul. - 3 pts for the Spurs

3. Stephen Jackson receives a technical foul for looking at the Thunder's bench. He says nothing, he makes no gesture; he looked at them. + 1 pt for the Thunder

4. Parker is called for a foul against Westbrook. The replay shows there was zero contact, and zero appearance of contact. +1 pt Thunder

5. Kawai Leonard is strongly hit in the head, causing him to lose the ball out of bounds. No call. +2 pts Thunder

That's 12 free points to the Thunder, and Ginobili on the bench in the fourth, all because of fouls that did not happen. This is not whining about the referees, these are simply the facts, and they can be examined for validity.

No whining, just posting the obvious bad calls. By the way, I would have posted bad calls against the Thunder, but after review I can't find any. If you can find blatantly bad calls against the Thunder, I'll edit this post and put those calls in the list.

You should make one of these for the entire series.

Sssmush
06-10-2012, 09:41 AM
That Kawai Leonard out of bounds non-call, which seems to be the centerpiece of everybody's conspiracy theory, is just totally unconvincing.

Many players get smacked or swiped during the course of a game without a foul being called. Clearly, Leonard is surrounded by players, so how are the refs supposed to see the glancing contact? He then dribbles it off his foot or whatever out of bounds. How is that supposed to "prove" some big NBA conspiracy?

The Spurs coaches and players and the competent sportswriters spelled it out after game 5, which was that the Spurs simply could not score at a pace to keep up with OKC. That they had to resort to fouling them at one point, put them on the line and make them win it from there, is no argument.

I do understand that the Spurs were the big sentimental favorite and have great fans... but trust me, they had absolutely zero chance against this incredibly good OKC team, even when they were up 2-0 in the series.

The first two games of the series, San Antonio got a ridiculous number of calls in their favor, probably to "protect their homecourt advantage" or whatever, and also Durant and Westbrook were getting roughed up and were also missing a lot of shots they usually make.

Once those shots started falling, San Antonio was done, because they cannot match OKC offense for offense, no way, not even close.

In the two "key" games of the series, game 3 and game 5, San Antonio had the big edge in officiating.

In game 3, the potential "dagger" game that could have finished OKC and put them down 0-3, the Spurs shot 15 FTs compared to OKC's 17 FTs, however OKC took way more contact and was getting banged around and roughed up inside a lot, with very, very few calls going their way.

In game 5, the "pivotal" game of the series, ,San Antonio actually had a 31-23 FT advantage, despite, again, being the far more physical and aggressive team on defense, but still lost handily.

So, I'm not quite sure what San Antonio consipracy artists are hoping for here with this line. I'm a Laker fan, but it's obvious to me that OKC is an absolute beast, and we should all just enjoy the show and see what happens when they get in the ring with the Heat.

kdspurman
06-10-2012, 10:10 AM
While we are at it, hey everyone take a look at this:

http://youtu.be/fvkKdXLwt0U

It goes both ways.

The Thunder are the best at getting to the line and also converting. Look at what Manu and Tony did in the fourth of games 5 and 6, their run is over.

So you're further proving the point that things are rigged in the league? Regardless of who's involved, the refs managed to make themselves the focal point of the game.

BTW, had Nash not flopped on the Horry hit, no one gets suspended and maybe things are different.

Heatcheck
06-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Durant is a BEAST, and Westbrook is almost Jordan-esque.

When will people realize this? Seeing Durant and Westbrook head-to-head with Lebron and Wade will give people some perspective, because I guess Kobe and Duncan don't get any respect these days.

whooop..there went all your credibility...just that fast

Sssmush
06-10-2012, 11:34 AM
whooop..there went all your credibility...just that fast

Seriously man, just wait till Westbrook drops like 24 points in row on the Heat in like 10 minutes on 12-12 shooting.

I mean, ok, Jordan-esque is an exaggeration, but this guy is simply incredible. Fantastic. Even as he's carving up the Lakers, I just had to stop and say "wow", like this guy is really, really good. And Durant is so accurate, so clutch, that it's infuriating.

Like one second left, you are up two points, Durant catches the ball 28 feet from the hoop... just go home, you just lost. Automatic.

You'll see what it's like in like two days man.

Btw, D-Wade was extremely impressive in game 7 versus Boston. That guy never ceases to amaze me. Still underrated I'd say. And now that the Heat have gone to two Finals from the East in a row, we can start to see where all the whining and complaining about "the Decision" came from.

kdspurman
06-10-2012, 09:01 PM
An exact quote from an article on NBA.com. I mean seriously? LOL... How much more proof do folks need.

"From a fan's standpoint, these playoffs are playing out perfectly. So far, anyway. Not only did the Thunder reach the Finals, they prevented the Spurs from doing so. Everyone appreciates and embraces the old-school basketball championed by the great Spurs, and how they go about their business, and even the gruff Gregg Popovich has charm. They get and deserve our respect. But when the Spurs reach the Finals, as history proves, the ratings for June baseball games suddenly soar."

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/shaun_powell/06/08/a-call-for-heat-thunder/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Hell look at the Pacquiao fight. It's happening in all sports now. All about the money. Ironically, the recent events in the NBA happened 10 years to date from the Sacramento Kings- LA Lakers fiasco.

Sssmush
06-10-2012, 09:17 PM
An exact quote from an article on NBA.com. I mean seriously? LOL... How much more proof do folks need.

"From a fan's standpoint, these playoffs are playing out perfectly. So far, anyway. Not only did the Thunder reach the Finals, they prevented the Spurs from doing so. Everyone appreciates and embraces the old-school basketball championed by the great Spurs, and how they go about their business, and even the gruff Gregg Popovich has charm. They get and deserve our respect. But when the Spurs reach the Finals, as history proves, the ratings for June baseball games suddenly soar."

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/shaun_powell/06/08/a-call-for-heat-thunder/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Hell look at the Pacquiao fight. It's happening in all sports now. All about the money. Ironically, the recent events in the NBA happened 10 years to date from the Sacramento Kings- LA Lakers fiasco.

OKC is better than the Spurs right now. Just deal with it.

Spurs overachieved in a short season, and finished on a super-hot run to get the HCA through the playoffs.

But, on paper, OKC is way, way more stacked than the Spurs, and the presence of Durant and Westbrook alone put them on another level.

Also, OKC just beat the Spurs 4 games in a row, including both games 5 and 6, and if it was all about ratings, one of those games should've gone to San Antonio in order to setup the big game 7. But OKC won anyway.

OKC looked AWESOME in those 4 games, and seriously, I don't see how anybody can say with a straight face that they think the Spurs are better this year.

ChitownBears22
06-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Seriously man, just wait till Westbrook drops like 24 points in row on the Heat in like 10 minutes on 12-12 shooting.
I mean, ok, Jordan-esque is an exaggeration, but this guy is simply incredible. Fantastic. Even as he's carving up the Lakers, I just had to stop and say "wow", like this guy is really, really good. And Durant is so accurate, so clutch, that it's infuriating.

Like one second left, you are up two points, Durant catches the ball 28 feet from the hoop... just go home, you just lost. Automatic.

You'll see what it's like in like two days man.

Btw, D-Wade was extremely impressive in game 7 versus Boston. That guy never ceases to amaze me. Still underrated I'd say. And now that the Heat have gone to two Finals from the East in a row, we can start to see where all the whining and complaining about "the Decision" came from.

See that he shoots 30-something percent against the Big 3, in the 4 games they have played the past 2 years. I think the bolded is completely wishful thinking. I want Westbrick chucking like he so frequently does. While he is doing that KD will not have the ball in his hand and the HEAT lead will just be expanding.

Sssmush
06-11-2012, 12:17 AM
See that he shoots 30-something percent against the Big 3, in the 4 games they have played the past 2 years. I think the bolded is completely wishful thinking. I want Westbrick chucking like he so frequently does. While he is doing that KD will not have the ball in his hand and the HEAT lead will just be expanding.

yo man, the Heat are a super cool team, I like them. And as I said I am a Laker fan.

it will be interesting to see how this Finals series plays out. I can't believe people are saying Westbrook isn't that great, because I am telling you that he is every inch the player Wade is, and in fact maybe a bit better. And Durant isn't just some tall guy... he is maybe the best shooter, and the best clutch shooter, I don't know, maybe ever. Like better than Bird, Ray Allen, etc. Like, A BEAST. Durant is a friggin' monster.

I really don't know what this series will look like. The fact that Miami struggled somewhat in the East playoffs makes me skeptical... although they were missing Bosh.

OKC just demolished the Lakers and the Spurs, both of which would've beaten Boston fairly handily in a 7 game series, imo. So we'll just have to see how it plays out. Miami probably has to score 100 pts a game to win I'd say, so we'll just see what kind of clutch shooting Lebron and Wade can come up with, because OKC also has Perkins and Ibaka on the inside on defense.

Eager to see this series...

kdspurman
06-11-2012, 09:24 AM
OKC is better than the Spurs right now. Just deal with it.

Spurs overachieved in a short season, and finished on a super-hot run to get the HCA through the playoffs.

But, on paper, OKC is way, way more stacked than the Spurs, and the presence of Durant and Westbrook alone put them on another level.

Also, OKC just beat the Spurs 4 games in a row, including both games 5 and 6, and if it was all about ratings, one of those games should've gone to San Antonio in order to setup the big game 7. But OKC won anyway.

OKC looked AWESOME in those 4 games, and seriously, I don't see how anybody can say with a straight face that they think the Spurs are better this year.

That's just it. If they won without all the controversy I'd be able to accept it. If they're so much better, than they didn't need as much help as they got in Game 6. Sure SA blew Game 5, but they had a chance to bring it to Game 7 and it was literally taken from them.

You can't be that naive to not see there was some motive there from the officiating crew. More ratings in the finals, means more money for everyone.

I'm not a guy who has ever blamed the refs for a loss. The last time I did was in 08 when who else but Joey Crawford did not call an obvious foul for Brent Barry in the 08 WCF. This is not his first time around, and after his personal dispute with Tim Duncan, I still cannot for the life of me figure out why he's allowed to ref Spurs games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWiw60NusOY

Sssmush
06-11-2012, 12:09 PM
That's just it. If they won without all the controversy I'd be able to accept it. If they're so much better, than they didn't need as much help as they got in Game 6. Sure SA blew Game 5, but they had a chance to bring it to Game 7 and it was literally taken from them.

You can't be that naive to not see there was some motive there from the officiating crew. More ratings in the finals, means more money for everyone.

I'm not a guy who has ever blamed the refs for a loss. The last time I did was in 08 when who else but Joey Crawford did not call an obvious foul for Brent Barry in the 08 WCF. This is not his first time around, and after his personal dispute with Tim Duncan, I still cannot for the life of me figure out why he's allowed to ref Spurs games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWiw60NusOY

Well I agree with you about Joey Crawford. Donaghy paints a horrible picture of that guy, and in general any referee who is famous enough that you know their name should just be fired. Period. We don't need famous or high profile referees on top of all the other nonsense, that is just ridiculous.

All I will say is that San Antonio had a big (+50%) FT edge in game 5, despite being the far more physical team on defense. Game 6, San Antonio was clearly trying to play physically and disrupt OKC. If we're honest, we can probably pick out 10 or 20 fouls that could've been called that actually weren't. Game 3, again, I felt that SA had the advantage in terms of refereeing, as the FTs were equal and very low in number, but again with the Spurs trying to play very physically on defense against a much taller and more athletic team.

I understand it sucks, however I definitely feel that the league was perfectly prepared to have San Antonio (or Boston, or both) go to the Finals this year, and in fact the refereeing definitely helped put those teams right on the very brink of the Finals multiple times, and I also feel that the Heat and OKC got there fair and square.

Overall the NBA reffing has improved somewhat, imo. For a while it had been getting truly bad, past couple years it's been getting a lot more objective I think.

kdspurman
06-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Well I agree with you about Joey Crawford. Donaghy paints a horrible picture of that guy, and in general any referee who is famous enough that you know their name should just be fired. Period. We don't need famous or high profile referees on top of all the other nonsense, that is just ridiculous.

All I will say is that San Antonio had a big (+50%) FT edge in game 5, despite being the far more physical team on defense. Game 6, San Antonio was clearly trying to play physically and disrupt OKC. If we're honest, we can probably pick out 10 or 20 fouls that could've been called that actually weren't. Game 3, again, I felt that SA had the advantage in terms of refereeing, as the FTs were equal and very low in number, but again with the Spurs trying to play very physically on defense against a much taller and more athletic team.

I understand it sucks, however I definitely feel that the league was perfectly prepared to have San Antonio (or Boston, or both) go to the Finals this year, and in fact the refereeing definitely helped put those teams right on the very brink of the Finals multiple times, and I also feel that the Heat and OKC got there fair and square.

Overall the NBA reffing has improved somewhat, imo. For a while it had been getting truly bad, past couple years it's been getting a lot more objective I think.

Agreed.

I think they need to do an overhaul of the officiating staff sooner than later. No reason why teams should look at an officiating staff and think their team is at a disadvantage based on who's officiating.