PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A Smith: The Heat Should Have Lost Already, Series Should Be Over 4-1

amos1er
06-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Even Stephen A Smith knows that the Heat got carried in game 2 by Tzar Stern and his trained Zebra's. In this pod-cast he clearly says that the Heat got out played in the last 4 games and that a good argument could be made that Boston should have won the series last night 4 games to one. He also said that the Heat have maybe won one or two quarters in the last 4 games. He also thinks that the Heat are done and have been exposed by Boston.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4694830/stephen-a-celtics-have-exposed-heat

Raps18-19 Champ
06-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Heat have lost 16 of the last 17 in Boston.

They are going against the odds this Friday.

Monta is beast
06-06-2012, 06:52 PM
I predicted the Celtics in 6 before the series started, and I stand by my prediction.

amos1er
06-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Heat have lost 16 of the last 17 in Boston.

They are going against the odds this Friday.

Yup. This Boston team is 8-0 in the playoffs when the series is tied 2-2. Unless Stern has any more surprises like in game two...Heat will be done.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Yup. This Boston team is 8-0 in the playoffs when the series is tied 2-2. Unless Stern has any more surprises like in game two...Heat will be done.

:laugh2:

It's Stern's fault if the Heat wins? :rolleyes:

Pathetic.

JayAllDay
06-06-2012, 06:54 PM
If Boston actually pulls off a series win then maybe I'll lower the volume down on my TV for Stephen A.

That mother****er is loud.

amos1er
06-06-2012, 06:57 PM

Pathetic.

Not saying that at all. Just saying that it appears that Boston has their number and that it would take a lot for them to win now. Stern hooked them up in game 2 when they were clearly outplayed, so why won't he do it again, especially when the last game was the highest rated ever on a playoff series on a cable station. I would of course watch the game first before I attack with any Stern accusations. If the Celtics got outplayed without help from the refs by some miracle, I would not say anything. But if its like game 2 all over again, than shame on the league and shame on Stern.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Not saying that at all. Just saying that it appears that Boston has their number and that it would take a lot for them to win now. Stern hooked them up in game 2 when they were clearly outplayed, so why won't he do it again, especially when the last game was the highest rated ever on a playoff series on a cable station. I would of course watch the game first before I attack with any Stern accusations. If the Celtics got outplayed without help from the refs by some miracle, I would not say anything. But if its like game 2 all over again, than shame on the league and shame on Stern.

Why do we act of Stern as an all mighty God? The man has no power to force shots to go in. Nor does he have any powers to make other teams miss. He's not Charles Xavier where he has telekinetic powers and moves the ball to go in a basket.

Refs make bad calls (bad calls happen just as much in other sports) yet it's Stern's fault if they happen? Ever think that maybe it's the referee's fault, and not Stern himself? He's not above everyone else. Why would some 60 year old man even risk going to prison over a game?

If you make a mistake at work, that shouldn't directly reflect your boss. It's appalling why Stern gets so much hate for something that's likely not even his own fault. Also very appalling how people like to pick on Lebron (not even the Heat, but Lebron) yet applaud the refs when their own team benefits.

Chronz
06-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Boston has prolly outplayed them but the refs have helped them more than they have helped Miami.

Meaze_Gibson
06-06-2012, 07:10 PM

I hate bringing refs in but since you brought it up, The Heat, without a doubt, have been on the worse end of the officiating battle this series. Now, I don't blame refs for their L's but from the refusal to call 3 secs on Garnett, to illegal screening, inconsistency on fouling jump shooters, charge and blocking calls, should have ended that Stern loves the Heat talk. But SAS is an attention whore dude. Now that Bayless is the outspoken one, he will just say what people wanna hear.

amos1er
06-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Boston has prolly outplayed them but the refs have helped them more than they have helped Miami.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

jimbobjarree
06-06-2012, 07:11 PM
I wonder what it would mean to Miami if they lost in 6, in terms of what Stephen A. was saying about it possibly being the end of the big 3...surely that would be an overreaction?

amos1er
06-06-2012, 07:12 PM
I hate bringing refs in but since you brought it up, The Heat, without a doubt, have been on the worse end of the officiating battle this series. Now, I don't blame refs for their L's but from the refusal to call 3 secs on Garnett, to illegal screening, inconsistency on fouling jump shooters, charge and blocking calls, should have ended that Stern loves the Heat talk. But SAS is an attention whore dude. Now that Bayless is the outspoken one, he will just say what people wanna hear.

Come on man. Game 2 was a joke and everybody knows it. :facepalm:

Master Mind
06-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Stephen A. will be doing some serious nad licking if the Heat win this series and ultimately the title.

3RDASYSTEM
06-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Its funny how a ROGUE REF can come out and speak on what goes on and people will say how can STERN fix a game? thats when i know people on here aint played a lick of bball live...1 call can change momentum, 6-10 bad calls can ruin a entire series because it'll kill your momentum and spike up your ref complaining to hurt your team and then it will make a true bball follower/player have flashbacks of all the way back to 2002 KINGS/LAKERS...how much proof do you need? its llike your waiting for STERN to speakout when all his henchmen(employees) are doing it for him

jimm120
06-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Why do we act of Stern as an all mighty God? The man has no power to force shots to go in. Nor does he have any powers to make other teams miss. He's not Charles Xavier where he has telekinetic powers and moves the ball to go in a basket.

Refs make bad calls (bad calls happen just as much in other sports) yet it's Stern's fault if they happen? Ever think that maybe it's the referee's fault, and not Stern himself? He's not above everyone else. Why would some 60 year old man even risk going to prison over a game?

If you make a mistake at work, that shouldn't directly reflect your boss. It's appalling why Stern gets so much hate for something that's likely not even his own fault. Also very appalling how people like to pick on Lebron (not even the Heat, but Lebron) yet applaud the refs when their own team benefits.

BLASPHEMY!!!! Charles does not have that power!!!

JC_
06-06-2012, 07:21 PM

It's a fishy league. The ref'ing is just so consistently biased towards one team that it's hard not to ask questions. Yes, the refs make bad calls but when stuff like a clear intentional foul isn't called, the guess is that the refs were told to call the game a certain way. Game's 3 and 4 and even a bit of 5 looked like a huge make-up call for the fail reffing in games 1-2. Ray Allen has a whole foot out of bounds and passes it to an open teammate for a 3pointer.. Pierce shoves a player under the basket with all his strength trying to get a rebound and no call yet Haslem and company get called for like 5 fouls on attempted rebounds where there was hardly any contact on a few of them.

tapajafri
06-06-2012, 07:22 PM
at least boston isnt getting a title stolen from them like the 2002 sacramento kings

Raps18-19 Champ
06-06-2012, 07:23 PM
BLASPHEMY!!!! Charles does not have that power!!!

Lol, I originally had Jean Grey but changed it since Prof X is better. I didn't know though so my bad. My point still stands.

kntresistheheat
06-06-2012, 07:23 PM
The worst part if the heat lose on thursday is that the finals will be SO BORING! Boston VS Spurs = Horrible Boston VS OKC = Watchable HEAT VS OKC= Epic!

jimm120
06-06-2012, 07:24 PM
I wonder what it would mean to Miami if they lost in 6, in terms of what Stephen A. was saying about it possibly being the end of the big 3...surely that would be an overreaction?

of course an overreaction.

First you change the coach. Phil Jackson, as much as I wanted him on the Knicks, seems to want to come back...and you really think Phil Jackson is gonna turn down a gig to coach the top player in the NBA along with another top 10 player and a top 20 player?

Hell no. It'll be all about if Miami wants to PAY Phil that much money

kntresistheheat
06-06-2012, 07:25 PM
I forgot HEAT VS SPURS = Some what entertaining.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-06-2012, 07:26 PM
It's a fishy league. The ref'ing is just so consistently biased towards one team that it's hard not to ask questions. Yes, the refs make bad calls but when stuff like a clear intentional foul isn't called, the guess is that the refs were told to call the game a certain way. Game's 3 and 4 and even a bit of 5 looked like a huge make-up call for the fail reffing in games 1-2. Ray Allen has a whole foot out of bounds and passes it to an open teammate for a 3pointer.. Pierce shoves a player under the basket with all his strength trying to get a rebound and no call yet Haslem and company get called for like 5 fouls on attempted rebounds where there was hardly any contact on a few of them.

Fishy automatically means it IS rigged? Also, why is Stern the scapegoat when it's the refs themselves? Also, why is Lebron the scapegoat when others benefit from calls too?

You don't expect Stern to tell the refs to be crap and make the league a joke, do you? He wants to make money. Having a ****** league is the last thing he wants to do.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-06-2012, 07:27 PM
]Its funny how a ROGUE REF can come out and speak on what goes on and people will say how can STERN fix a game? [/B]thats when i know people on here aint played a lick of bball live...1 call can change momentum, 6-10 bad calls can ruin a entire series because it'll kill your momentum and spike up your ref complaining to hurt your team and then it will make a true bball follower/player have flashbacks of all the way back to 2002 KINGS/LAKERS...how much proof do you need? its llike your waiting for STERN to speakout when all his henchmen(employees) are doing it for him

Yes, when a ref rigs the games himself, it's Stern's fault.

Catfish1314
06-06-2012, 07:29 PM
I give Boston more credit than I give Miami criticism. The Celtics are not a good rebounding team. They're frequently something of a jump-shooting team. They're not really healthy, their depth is hilarious, and they don't have much more size than Miami does.

Serious props to Boston. They've impressed the hell out of me. Taking a 3-2 lead over the Heat, with or without Bosh, is impressive.

BALLER R
06-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Looking at the numbers Boston shouldn't of won game 5. But they did. Think about it Ray an Pierce haven't really had a great game yet their due for one. I have a feeling one of them will go off for 30 in game 6.

still1ballin
06-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Nah thats rigged

Chronz
06-06-2012, 07:37 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
:mad:

Jazzgear
06-06-2012, 07:38 PM

First you change the coach. Phil Jackson, as much as I wanted him on the Knicks, seems to want to come back...and you really think Phil Jackson is gonna turn down a gig to coach the top player in the NBA along with another top 10 player and a top 20 player?

There's no lost love between Phil Jax and Pat Riley -- no way in hell Phil will report to Pat:facepalm:

Laces-Out
06-06-2012, 07:39 PM
and boom goes the dynamite

Chronz
06-06-2012, 07:39 PM
I give Boston more credit than I give Miami criticism. The Celtics are not a good rebounding team. They're frequently something of a jump-shooting team. They're not really healthy, their depth is hilarious, and they don't have much more size than Miami does.

Serious props to Boston. They've impressed the hell out of me. Taking a 3-2 lead over the Heat, with or without Bosh, is impressive.

Take KG out THEN the 2 teams are similar in size, but theres a legit reason why Wade/Bron have struggled when facing KG/Hibbert. Theres a reason why their shooting suffers without Bosh.

Im more impressed with Miami staying alive despite the lack of height.

Chronz
06-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Its funny how a ROGUE REF can come out and speak on what goes on and people will say how can STERN fix a game? thats when i know people on here aint played a lick of bball live...1 call can change momentum, 6-10 bad calls can ruin a entire series because it'll kill your momentum and spike up your ref complaining to hurt your team and then it will make a true bball follower/player have flashbacks of all the way back to 2002 KINGS/LAKERS...how much proof do you need? its llike your waiting for STERN to speakout when all his henchmen(employees) are doing it for him

1 call cannot determine a game. There are 48 minutes in a game, momentum is just a fancy word for sore losers who cant admit their teams were unable to muster a run.

Refs can be bad/inconsistent but they do not decide games.

What do your flashbacks tell you because I saw a horribly officiated series that eventually balanced itself out with the superior team (The Lakers) winning.

I need proof, his henchman was acting on his own accord and he has screwed teams before, but he cannot DQ them.

Reversed86Curse
06-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Enough with the ref talk- they are clearly inconsistent and make bad calls, both ways. Boston is outplaying the Heat up to this point, so get over it

llemon
06-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Holy Mother ****in' Tortoise Droppings.

There are 'people' (I have to use the term loosely) that actually recognize S.A Smith's existence.

And then there is a lesser form of life that acknowledges the words that SA Smith speaks.

Lakeshow24KB
06-06-2012, 08:03 PM

I honestly think that the only time there was bad officiating was game two. Otherwise it wasn't too bad

John Walls Era
06-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Since when is SAS considered a knowledgable person? He chose the Heat to win in 5...

Jarvo
06-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Sas is a dickrider man

Jarvo
06-06-2012, 08:10 PM
I honestly think that the only time there was bad officiating was game two. Otherwise it wasn't too bad

Game 4 was pretty awful also.

Celts437
06-06-2012, 08:11 PM
boston has prolly outplayed them but the refs have helped them more than they have helped miami.

lmfao

valade16
06-06-2012, 08:13 PM

Eh, I watched all of game 4 and that was terrible officiating. Not even against either team, just bad calls all around.

The only way I can see someone saying it wasn't that bad was that there were an equal number of bad/unfair calls for both sides...

Chronz
06-06-2012, 09:11 PM
lmfao

LMFAO

Mines was in all caps, so Im laughing harder than you ;)

amos1er
06-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Holy Mother ****in' Tortoise Droppings.

There are 'people' (I have to use the term loosely) that actually recognize S.A Smith's existence.

And then there is a lesser form of life that acknowledges the words that SA Smith speaks.

Ya, and I'm sure a bunch of Lebron lovers on PSD hold so much more credibility. :rolleyes:

SportsAndrew25
06-06-2012, 10:05 PM
I literally cannot think of two people who are under more pressure right now than Lebron James and Eric Spoelstra. The Miami Heat need to come out swinging in Game 6. This team cannot go into this summer with another long series of attacks against them.

amos1er
06-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Looks like Stephen A and I aren't the only ones who see the corruption.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2wLcv54B9o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zpeo2SQQVQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d53xU7LLKtw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmGTDBR2ye4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAOedr2p948&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4lLVuCY9Cw&feature=related

amos1er
06-06-2012, 10:14 PM

Well, since you decided to use that particular example, I can express my thoughts for some of you who clearly did not watch that series.

For one, during the whole series, the Kings shot 204 FTs and the Lakers shot 185 FTs.

In the controversial game 6, the Lakers shot 15 more FTs than the Kings did for the whole game. What is often mentioned by people who did actually watch the whole series is that game 6 was the reversal of game 5, which the Kings got the beneficial calls that sealed the win for them.

Also, to point out, the largest FT discrepancy came in game 3, where the Kings shot 20 more FTs than the Lakers did. In game 2, the Kings shot 13 more FTs than the Lakers did.

Up until game 6, it was believed by many players that the Kings were getting lots of help. Mobley mentioned this on the Best Damn Sports Show between games 5 and 6.

In the end, the Kings had a 10+ FT advantage in 3 of the 7 games. The Lakers only had 1 game where they shot more than a double digit against the Kings. Kind of odd when one team has a near prime Shaq and a prime Kobe, no?

Lakers got handed game 6 for sure, but the Kings still had the HCA in game 7 and attempted more FT. They just didn't capitalize and make them and the better team won. Stern only wanted to extend the series and gave the Lakers game 6 and the Kings game 3. Both teams got handed a game, but the Kings still lost in game 7 when all the marbles were on the line.

Watch the whole series and then let's talk. Until then, it's useless to debate.

MTL_123
06-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Even Stephen A Smith knows that the Heat got carried in game 2 by Tzar Stern and his trained Zebra's. In this pod-cast he clearly says that the Heat got out played in the last 4 games and that a good argument could be made that Boston should have won the series last night 4 games to one. He also said that the Heat have maybe won one or two quarters in the last 4 games. He also thinks that the Heat are done and have been exposed by Boston.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4694830/stephen-a-celtics-have-exposed-heat

no shock that the op that made this thread was u typical heat troll complain like crazy wen the refs help us but quiet and know where to be found wen the refs help the other team :facepalm: Just another troll/hater

Bos_Sports4Life
06-06-2012, 10:32 PM
The worst part if the heat lose on thursday is that the finals will be SO BORING! Boston VS Spurs = Horrible Boston VS OKC = Watchable HEAT VS OKC= Epic!

Ehh

I find solid team work/defense ect to be pretty good basketball :shrug:

Ive always enjoyed watching guys like Duncan...

But i guess most of the younger generations perfer hero ball/crazy dunks/Iso's all game long

amos1er
06-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Ehh

I find solid team work/defense ect to be pretty good basketball :shrug:

Ive always enjoyed watching guys like Duncan...

But i guess most of the younger generations perfer hero ball/crazy dunks/Iso's all game long

The younger generation is easily manipulated by Stern's marketing ploys. Thats why they don't even care when Stern's trained zebra's decide the outcome of games.

More-Than-Most
06-06-2012, 10:48 PM
sorry but he is correct...the calls in that heat win were terrible.

More-Than-Most
06-06-2012, 10:48 PM
that being said its the nba and nobody should be surprised

Lil Rhody
06-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Beat the sheep

Chronz
06-06-2012, 10:53 PM
no shock that the op that made this thread was u typical heat troll complain like crazy wen the refs help us but quiet and know where to be found wen the refs help the other team :facepalm: Just another troll/hater

Of course, they laugh at the notion that bad calls work both ways.

Ive seen 4 missed calls these playoffs that resulted in slaps to the face but its only relevant when Rondo gets slapped against the Heat.

rocket
06-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Stephen A. will be doing some serious nad licking if the Heat win this series and ultimately the title.

He's right so......

Chronz
06-06-2012, 10:54 PM
sorry but he is correct...the calls in that heat win were terrible.

Which ones?

amos1er
06-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Which ones?

amos1er
06-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Here are some more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zpeo...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d53xU...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmGTD...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAOed...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4lLV...eature=related

Chronz
06-06-2012, 11:15 PM

So which ones?

Chronz
06-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Here are some more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zpeo...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d53xU...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmGTD...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAOed...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4lLV...eature=related

You did that wrong..

amos1er
06-06-2012, 11:35 PM
So which ones?

Did you even watch the video?

dh144498
06-07-2012, 03:44 PM

Wrong. If the heat some how wins this series, it's due to the refs. So if they do win, it's really on Stern, why would SAS be doing serious licking? SAS is right, game 2 was Celtic's, the series should've already been over 4-1.

gotoHcarolina52
06-07-2012, 03:46 PM
The guy with the man boobs in his sig makes a good point. The only reason this series isn't over is because game 2 was rigged.

justinnum1
06-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Wrong. If the heat some how wins this series, it's due to the refs. So if they do win, it's really on Stern, why would SAS be doing serious licking? SAS is right, game 2 was Celtic's, the series should've already been over 4-1.

lmao

likemilk
06-07-2012, 03:55 PM

Jackson won't go to Miami no matter what the $$$ is. Phil and Pat "HATES" each other.

Bigbadmoffo
06-07-2012, 04:14 PM

Pathetic.

This

I hate the Heat but this rigging **** is dumb. Some nights the refs suck but it's not rigged. The heat know how to get calls with flops but try not having a replay from every angle to make the call. They just need to start suspending players for this garbage.

Chronz
06-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Did you even watch the video?
So that 1 play? LOL thats it?