PDA

View Full Version : Why doesnt pat riley catch criticism?

Rain City
06-06-2012, 04:01 PM
He hand picked spoe which has turned to a consensus bad coach for the job.

He didnt amnesty Mike Miller.

He signed Eddy Curry when there were other guys out there, i didnt think for 1 second he would have a role come playoffs.

They are terribly depleted in the front court.

I know they are not eliminated yet but everyone seems to be making threads based on they will be.

For how much criticism lebron, spoe, wade, bosh and the supporting cast get, i rarely hear it for Riley. Why is that?

dtmagnet
06-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Because Riley got em' all... discounted! U mad?

h2r09
06-06-2012, 04:05 PM
He should get a decent amount. WE still have no good center, which is really not his fault because none have been available and our role players have been disasters for 2 years now.

IT is really hard to put together an entire team in one offseason like he did. Miller and Haslem were great signings/ resignings but they haven't been healthy. Shane Battier forgot how to shoot this year. Norris Cole is not seasoned enough to be a rotation guy at this point.

IT simply hasn't worked out yet. He just hasn't been able to find the right shooters/ big men/ pg to compliment the big 3, so he deserves a little bit of blame.

b@llhog24
06-06-2012, 04:17 PM
5 rings.

iamsteel
06-06-2012, 04:19 PM
With a veteran coach, they would win it all for sure. It's the coaches job to get the most out of the players he has. Imagine the heat with Thibs, Adleman, Karl, Brown, Jackson...etc

metsbulls1025
06-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Pat Riley got lucky because Dwayne Wade has friends.

theheatles
06-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Riley is a made man, nothing will land on him

jp611
06-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Been saying this for awhile now... Pat Riley is overrated... The pieces he has put around the stars dont fit the puzzle... You're paying mike miller way too much money and you go out and get Shane Battier who plays the same position as your best player and that could have been used to get a serviceable center... He is overrated

LongIslandIcedZ
06-06-2012, 04:31 PM
He's got rings and was able to get Lebron, Wade and Bosh on the same team.

Weezy
06-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Been saying this for awhile now... Pat Riley is overrated... The pieces he has put around the stars dont fit the puzzle... You're paying mike miller way too much money and you go out and get Shane Battier who plays the same position as your best player and that could have been used to get a serviceable center... He is overrated

Not that I disagree with what you are saying but who would have they gotten for the money they used on Battier?

Rain City
06-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Not that I disagree with what you are saying but who would have they gotten for the money they used on Battier?

he coulda saved the $ on battier and EDDY FRIGGIN CURRY, and gotten samuel dalembert who wanted to come to MIA.

theheatles
06-06-2012, 04:40 PM
he coulda saved the $ on battier and EDDY FRIGGIN CURRY, and gotten samuel dalembert who wanted to come to MIA.

lol not a chance...we could have eddy curry and shane battier twice each to cover dalembert

shane makes $3 million and eddy curry makes like $800,000...and dalembert wanted $8 million or his agent wanted that and we just couldn't afford him

NYK4L
06-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Pat Riley got lucky because Dwayne Wade has friends.

This.

Rain City
06-06-2012, 04:48 PM
lol not a chance...we could have eddy curry and shane battier twice each to cover dalembert

shane makes $3 million and eddy curry makes like $800,000...and dalembert wanted $8 million or his agent wanted that and we just couldn't afford him

Did they only offer him a 1 yr 8mil? He signed for Houston 2yrs 14 mil and he stated he WANTED to go to MIA.....in hindsight i bet they wish they offered Dalembert 3yrs to make it fit.

Dalembert is a better 3yr investment than Battier....i wonder what 30+ SF they will give a multi year deal to this offseason LOL.

Sinestro
06-06-2012, 04:55 PM

This.

EYDI819
06-06-2012, 04:56 PM
He doesnt get criticized because he sneezes with his eyes open!

greg_ory_2005
06-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Cuz he got Lebron and Bosh. His job is over.

naps
06-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Because Godfather's hand is low. Not much to spend.

D1JM
06-06-2012, 05:03 PM
With a veteran coach, they would win it all for sure. It's the coaches job to get the most out of the players he has. Imagine the heat with Thibs, Adleman, Karl, Brown, Jackson...etc

I doubt the big three would want a coach like that. With spo they run the ship, with a guy like Thibs, not at all.

Rain City
06-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Is JVG and Pat Riley's relationship broken?

I remember Jeff jumping on the Miami bandwagon right away, he is a disciple of pat's so he could still get the mentor/ pupil credit.

JVG proved some success as an NBA head coach, geez he coached in NY spotlight....Why doesnt his name come up?

RaiderLakersA's
06-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Riles has done more good than ill for the Heat team. They won't be burning him in effigy anytime soon.

Correction: If the Heat get bounced and Riley stays with Spo for one more season, he might be in for some serious hate mail. Aside from that, Riley has done a great job, given his constraints.

justinnum1
06-06-2012, 05:34 PM
The enter thing is overstated. Bosh started playing center in the last 5 weeks and has done a good job. But he will get critism if they lose game 6

beliges
06-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Pat Riley doesnt get criticized because he put together a team of Lebron, Wade and Bosh. The most stacked staring 5 in the league. Whats there to criticize. He also added solid players like Haslem, Battier, Miller. There comes a time when fans need to stop blaming everybody/everything else and start looking at the players. If you have a team as talented as the Heat, the superstars need to get it done.

No blame for Riley. The Heat's only real weakness is their coach.

2-ONE-5
06-06-2012, 09:15 PM
last time i looked Riley isnt on the floor playing or on the bench coaching...

jam
06-06-2012, 09:17 PM
The enter thing is overstated. Bosh started playing center in the last 5 weeks and has done a good job. But he will get critism if they lose game 6

LMAO, you're the biggest idiot on this forum. You make these moronic predictions as if you're an expert and then go hide in the heat forum when your team tanks.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Because they have the ultimate scapegoat in Lebron.

jam
06-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Pat Riley doesnt get criticized because he put together a team of Lebron, Wade and Bosh. The most stacked staring 5 in the league. Whats there to criticize. He also added solid players like Haslem, Battier, Miller. There comes a time when fans need to stop blaming everybody/everything else and start looking at the players. If you have a team as talented as the Heat, the superstars need to get it done.

Three players don't constitute a "staring five."

gwrighter
06-06-2012, 09:19 PM

Few will understand but LOL this is exactly why. Those who actually know the business side of Ball knew that Riley had didley squat in assembling the super-best friends & collusion run amuck during that offseason. He was more of an order-taker.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-06-2012, 09:19 PM

Wrong. There are teams out there who can put a better starting 5 if they wanted.

jtrinaldi
06-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Because he is not the Coach.....

Chronz
06-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Well we dont know who was willing to go to Miami but assuming they had their pick, why not Pietrus and Keyon Dooling? If they get those 2 they would still have some of the MLE available, think about that, those 2 cost less than Battier did on his own.

Dooling can pressure defenses and shoot abit, Peitrus is a better athlete/player player than Battier.

Go back the year before, they should have kept Dorrel Wright over signing Mike Miller, if not him they should have tried to lure Korver instead.

He overpaid for Joel. Riley is a dumbass, but I dont blame Spo. I dont think hes the problem but I wouldnt know. All I know is that the roster moves outside the big 3 were dumb as ****. We cant blame him for Haslem, I thought he would have more game left in him.

BALKIS2K12
06-06-2012, 10:06 PM
the heat will be better every year.
all they need is a pg & a center.

jason kidd/andre miller/ & even jason terry could be had for cheap and make them even better.

marcus camby is another guy that would love to play for them and get a ring bc hes old.

AntiG
06-07-2012, 01:54 PM
why should Riley get criticism?

he acquired 3 all-star players in LeBron, Wade and Bosh.

drafted a solid starting point guard in Chalmers... has acquired VERY good bench players in Miller, Battier, Jones, Coles and retained Haslam. The team is deeper and more talented than most out there. His job is to assemble a good roster, and he certainly did. He can't get down there and play anymore as well at his age.

Not his fault that LeBron and Wade, two of the league's elite players, are not getting it done.

naps
06-07-2012, 02:04 PM

STFU!

Sessions, Kobe, Artest, Gasol, Bynum is a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better starting 5.

And there are others that I can put up here.

Weezy
06-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Well we dont know who was willing to go to Miami but assuming they had their pick, why not Pietrus and Keyon Dooling? If they get those 2 they would still have some of the MLE available, think about that, those 2 cost less than Battier did on his own.

Dooling can pressure defenses and shoot abit, Peitrus is a better athlete/player player than Battier.

Go back the year before, they should have kept Dorrel Wright over signing Mike Miller, if not him they should have tried to lure Korver instead.

He overpaid for Joel. Riley is a dumbass, but I dont blame Spo. I dont think hes the problem but I wouldnt know. All I know is that the roster moves outside the big 3 were dumb as ****. We cant blame him for Haslem, I thought he would have more game left in him.

I like both Dooling and Pietrus...funny cause those are the two that are doing well for Boston right now. I will never understand that Mike Miller signing.....Lol :pity:

Someone mentioned Dalembert and I thought he was gonna go there but he did get his 7 mil/yr contract from Houston.

beliges
06-07-2012, 02:23 PM
STFU!

Sessions, Kobe, Artest, Gasol, Bynum is a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better starting 5.

And there are others that I can put up here.

Ummm right. Bosh played better than Pau this season. Wade is better than anyone on the Lakers squad outside of Kobe. Lebron is the "best player in the game." Sorry, but Kobe isnt playing with another top 3 player in the league. And on top of that, Lakers bench is weaker than the Heat.

Typical Lebron fans. First his team in Cleavland sucked and now his team of 3 superstars in Miami sucks. Its never Lebron's fault huh? I guess the Heat should get a couple of more superstars on their squad and just become an all-star team. So stupid these excuses.

beliges
06-07-2012, 02:25 PM
the heat will be better every year.
all they need is a pg & a center.

jason kidd/andre miller/ & even jason terry could be had for cheap and make them even better.

marcus camby is another guy that would love to play for them and get a ring bc hes old.

The Heat are already plenty good. Theres a reason they were the favorites before the season, during the season and during the playoffs. If they could learn to perform during crunch time, they would have won a title last year and would already be in the Finals this year. But of course, for Lebron fans, his teammates just suck.

NBAFan2012
06-07-2012, 02:45 PM
He should. Riley thought this was NBA2k and you could just put Wade Lebron and Bosh on a team and win a title, it is not that easy. It is hard to win a title when you put all your hopes and dreams on a SF who has shown time and time again he does not have what it takes to win a title. Yes he can get you numbers, and great regular season records, great fan attendance, but if you are about titles Lebron James is not your guy who knows when Teams will see this.

jtrinaldi
06-07-2012, 02:46 PM
The Bucks beat the Heat 2/3 so I think the Bucks could beat the Heat in the playoffs, the Bucks are just that good.

teddygreen17
06-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Because he has rings.

Chronz
06-07-2012, 02:49 PM
why should Riley get criticism?

he acquired 3 all-star players in LeBron, Wade and Bosh.

drafted a solid starting point guard in Chalmers... has acquired VERY good bench players in Miller, Battier, Jones, Coles and retained Haslam. The team is deeper and more talented than most out there. His job is to assemble a good roster, and he certainly did. He can't get down there and play anymore as well at his age.

Not his fault that LeBron and Wade, two of the league's elite players, are not getting it done.
I wont get into how generous your being but Mike Miller was the dumbest signing, you cant argue against that.

beliges
06-07-2012, 02:49 PM
He should. Riley thought this was NBA2k and you could just put Wade Lebron and Bosh on a team and win a title, it is not that easy. It is hard to win a title when you put all your hopes and dreams on a SF who has shown time and time again he does not have what it takes to win a title. Yes he can get you numbers, and great regular season records, great fan attendance, but if you are about titles Lebron James is not your guy who knows when Teams will see this.

But Riley put together a team that was the clear cut favorites to win it all. They have the best starting 5 in the league. No other team has two top 4 players and a top 3 big on their team outside of Miami. Riley did his job. He put a dominant team together. Its upto the players to win, and its up to the leaders of that team to elevate the play of their teammates.

ewing
06-07-2012, 03:07 PM
B/c he has always succeeded as a coach and GM

ewing
06-07-2012, 03:07 PM
and he is a badass

Chronz
06-07-2012, 03:16 PM
But Riley put together a team that was the clear cut favorites to win it all. They have the best starting 5 in the league. No other team has two top 4 players and a top 3 big on their team outside of Miami. Riley did his job. He put a dominant team together. Its upto the players to win, and its up to the leaders of that team to elevate the play of their teammates.
Not other team has what OKC has either. And without Bosh, they have 2 players with similar skillsets. They both have to play insane to win against a team like Indiana, thats not my idea of a stacked team.

AntiG
06-07-2012, 03:27 PM
I wont get into how generous your being but Mike Miller was the dumbest signing, you cant argue against that.

he's also been deadly for them off the bench all series long. having 3 pt shooters off the bench is who play solid defense is always a good thing, and for $5 million a year on MLE basically its a solid deal.