PDA

View Full Version : Why are people seriously talking about trading Heat players?

stlbest5in2013
06-06-2012, 03:32 PM
No teams are going to touch them. All of the little 3/ big 2.5 can opt out for 2014 FA.

Whatever team that trades for any of them has to be a winner, and has to get a guarantee from them that any of them wont opt out.

It is not as easy as trading a superstar for a superstar type of thing.

RLundi
06-06-2012, 03:44 PM
No teams are going to touch them. All of the little 3/ big 2.5 can opt out for 2014 FA.

Whatever team that trades for any of them has to be a winner, and has to get a guarantee from them that any of them wont opt out.

I see what you did there.

llemon
06-06-2012, 03:51 PM

Why not. It's NBA related.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-06-2012, 03:53 PM
I'd be surprised if one was moved. Its a pride thing. They came together to become unstoppable. If they give up after 2 years it will look pathetic. I think they'll move toward as they are. Pick up more consistent role players and roll with that.

jtrinaldi
06-06-2012, 03:53 PM
whoops, looks like you got a lil choked up and couldn't finish the rest of you thought (which teams would actually have the pieces to trade for them)

stlbest5in2013
06-06-2012, 04:41 PM
whoops, looks like you got a lil choked up and couldn't finish the rest of you thought (which teams would actually have the pieces to trade for them)

No I did not forget anything, moron!

Once again you fail to understand that these 3 players can opt out in 2 more seasons. So trading for one or two of them, with no assurances is flat out ********.

PurpleJesus
06-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Wasnt Carmelo Anthony traded with little time left on his contract? Deron Williams? A lot of teams are talking about trading for Dwight Howard, and he only has one year left on his contract...There are a lot of teams that would be willing to take a risk of having an all star type player walk.

shep33
06-06-2012, 04:48 PM
I don't think anybody gets moved. Need a center badly. Oden?

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-06-2012, 04:51 PM
How bout Pau straight up for Bosh?

EYDI819
06-06-2012, 04:54 PM
i have been saying it since the beginning that build around lebron and wade and trade bosh for 2 good players (a legit pg that shows up every night and a pretty young center). stacking up at 2,3 & 4 is not a good idea. It is better to stack up at 1,3 & 5 or 2,3 & 5. You will ALWAYS need a center to win and Miami does not have that

Toxeryll
06-06-2012, 04:56 PM
because of my sig

theheatles
06-06-2012, 04:57 PM
lol LeBron, Bosh and Wade are all staying put...but if the heat lose there will be 2 guys heads on the chopping block; Mike Miller and Erik Spoelstra

greg_ory_2005
06-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Heat fans just need to chill. None of them are going anywhere.

naps
06-06-2012, 05:03 PM
For basketball, reasons none of the big three will be moved. On the other South Florida weather report, Sporon is packing his luggage.

BigBlueCrew
06-06-2012, 05:04 PM
lol LeBron, Bosh and Wade are all staying put...but if the heat lose there will be 2 guys heads on the chopping block; Mike Miller and Erik Spoelstra

yeah, that will solve the issue Mike Miller and Erik Spoelstra :rolleyes:

naps
06-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Heat fans just need to chill. None of them are going anywhere.

Heat fans are not making these threads. NBA forum is acting like game 6 is over and Boston is through to the finals already. In case Miami rebounds back I'll make sure to bump all these threads.

BigBlueCrew
06-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Heat fans are not making these threads. NBA forum is acting like game 6 is over and Boston is through to the finals already. In case Miami rebounds back I'll make sure to bump all these threads.

Yeah im sure you will

krest213
06-06-2012, 05:07 PM
trade Bosh
go after Bynum and some others roll player
and Miami surely needs a good six man

EYDI819
06-06-2012, 05:08 PM
in fairness to the heat fans, there are no big 3 in the playoffs for bosh was nowhere in sight. if they dont make the finals this year, atleast it is for a legit reason.

theheatles
06-06-2012, 05:09 PM
yeah, that will solve the issue Mike Miller and Erik Spoelstra :rolleyes:

it would, amnestying mike miller would free up $5 million and getting rid of Spoelstra can open the door to Riley returning to the bench or possibly Jerry Sloan bringing his coaching talents to south beach

Quietmoney
06-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Lol. I don't trust Pat "The Snake" Riley. I always said that he didn't really care if the big 2.5 won a championship. He was doing what any executive would do with an opportunity to have those caliber players on the same team. He sold more Heat merchandise than ever, ticket sales were through the roof and they have won the popularity contest in the NBA for two years straight. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bosh or Wade traded, it's a business at the end of the day. Ask Lebron what he told the fans of Cleveland when he left, or ask Deron Williams about the nature of the business, he'll tell you that he didn't even have a clue he was being traded.

torocan
06-06-2012, 06:12 PM
It's too early to say whether anyone on the Heat gets traded.

However, if they get knocked out this year, I wouldn't be shocked if they traded someone to either deepen their roster or to get a top flight Center and/or PG.

Going small all the time in great in theory, but as KG has shown, has its disadvantages. Toss in being so ridiculously top heavy and they're going to have issues any time Wade and Lebron aren't 100% on at the same time.

And lord help them if they have to play OKC/Spurs.

OKC will match their athleticism AND dominate them in size.

Tony Parker will make mincemeat of the Heat defense, and the Spurs' bench will make the Heat bench look like a bunch of D-Leaguers.

Tymathee
06-06-2012, 06:18 PM
i never thought it would work the way they thought. Neither Wade nor James have a consistent jumper and both when handling want to attack the basket and score. Bosh on the other hand is a highly paid role player but effective but not greaton the inside.

From teh beginnign i knew their weaknesses would be

1. Inside Defense
2. Post play
3. Outside shooting
4. Crunch time
5. Injuries

and its all coming together. Wade will never be able to stay healthy for a full season and poor Lebron is saddled with carrying another team lol

R8Rfriar
06-06-2012, 07:38 PM

:facepalm:

because its a basketball forum, we can talk about whatever we want