PDA

View Full Version : Chad ford: Raptors looking to package 8th pick in trade for a wing...any takers

spreadeagle
06-06-2012, 03:21 PM
I mostly follow the Raps so wondering if fans of other teams know of guys on there squad who the front office may be interested in dealing for a package like this. Lamb plus Bargnani plus Ed Davis is a good amount of talent

Q: You still have Dion Waiters going to the Raptors, Chad. But all we keep hearing up here is that the Raptors are likely to move the pick. Any idea who would be available for the 8th pick in the draft?

A: I agree that the Raptors are looking to move the pick. They've been trying to package it with another young player like Ed Davis and a vet (Bargnani or Calderon). I think they want a big time player on the wing so that they can lure Steve Nash this summer. The guy most people in the league believe they are after via trade is Rudy Gay. If they stay at 8, they want a player who can get to the basket. Thus ... Waiters at 8.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/44099

celtNYpatsHeels
06-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Gay? Iggy? Joe Johnson?

NYKnickFanatic
06-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Fine, we will give you Landry Fields.

:D

justinnum1
06-06-2012, 03:28 PM
they dont want mike miller, do they?;)

spreadeagle
06-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Gay? Iggy? Joe Johnson?

I think Iggy would work for Bargnani Ed Davis, but not the pick

John Walls Era
06-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Nash, Derozan, Rudy Gay, Bargs, Jonas is a good team with Jonas being the exception.

Chi StateOfMind
06-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Who would be available at 8?

Eagles4Lyfe
06-06-2012, 03:37 PM
wttf 8+ed+ bargs or caldy wtttf
:facepalm:

BH-Sports
06-06-2012, 03:39 PM
No iggy, only Gay for the raptors. Iggy is only valuable for a contender

Ill21
06-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Iggy for Davis and pick

spreadeagle
06-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Who would be available at 8?

Lamb Sulinger Rivers Marshal PJ3

mikekhelxD
06-06-2012, 03:41 PM
For a guy like Gay, i'm not sure if i would that trade. The deal breaker for me is Calderon and/ or Bargiani. They are a bit heavy becuase of their salaries, especially Bargiani. Calderon is okay i guess since he only has 1 year left. Derozan + pick might do it though.

GiantsSwaGG
06-06-2012, 03:42 PM
You guys can either have Fields or JR For Ed, Bar and the 8th pick!

Mikeleafs
06-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Ed Davis, Calderon, and 8th pick for Gay and Mayo!!

Ill21
06-06-2012, 03:43 PM

Why do you say that?

Giannis94
06-06-2012, 03:44 PM
You guys can sign ilyasova. actually i hope you guys sign ilyasova so hammond can finally make a smart move by making no move.

RLundi
06-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Whoa, seems like the Raps would be giving up too much...

Giannis94
06-06-2012, 03:46 PM

thats funny because a contender wouldn't be willing to deal the main pieces to what makes them a contender other than the lakers most likely. teams are looking to acquire iggy because they feel he makes them a contender

Sinestro
06-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Deng+Asik for the 8th sigh....they wouldn't take that

kenzo400
06-06-2012, 03:48 PM
This smells of ********. The only true thing in this article could be that Raptors are thinking of trading the 8th pick and they expressed some interest in Gay. I seriously doubt Colangelo would package the 8th and Bargnani just for Gay. Plus he says a vet (Bargnani or Calderon) Huuuugee difference between the two lol

spreadeagle
06-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Whoa, seems like the Raps would be giving up too much...

I would hope it would be for a wing and swapping pick...like moving from 8 down to 20 and we can still take someone like a Waiters or Rivers

MagicBucsSox
06-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Jj redick? Lol

llemon
06-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Would they like Anthony Morrow and Damion James?

spreadeagle
Deng+Asik for the 8th sigh....they wouldn't take that

yes..they would lol Colangelo has said he loves Asik's game and Deng would be a great SF for us, isnt Asik a F.A though Bulls get 8th pick Derozen Calderon, Raps get Deng Asik and the Bulls first this year..Bulls get Calderon for one year take Rose's place and Derozen is the 2

North Yorker
I would rather hang on to the 8th pick if we are going after Rudy.

DeRozan+ Ed Davis+#37+ 2013 1st (unprotected) for Gay+ #25.

knicksfan42
06-06-2012, 03:56 PM
The Nuggets have Chandler and Gallo, both pretty solid wings. Can give you around 15 and 5 to go along with decent defense.

King41
06-06-2012, 03:57 PM
I give you marion+.... lol

BSardogan
06-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Lowry, Martin, Morris/Patterson, Scola + 14th pick for DeRozan, Bargnani, Ed Davis & 8th.

kenzo400
06-06-2012, 04:01 PM
I would rather hang on to the 8th pick if we are going after Rudy.

DeRozan+ Ed Davis+#37+ 2013 1st (unprotected) for Gay+ #25.

+1 Either that or keep Derozan. I think a combo of Gay and Lamb would be better though. For Memphis we should try to convince them that Derozan is better than the 8th pick because he is somewhat proven. From their standpoint it also makes more sense to take a more proven player given that they are actually contending and we are hoping to make the playoffs at best.

dtmagnet
06-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Weak trade proposals in here, they're not giving the pick away for spare parts they're looking for a top flight wing.

spreadeagle
06-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Lowry, Martin, Morris/Patterson, Scola + 14th pick for DeRozan, Bargnani, Ed Davis & 8th.

that sounds fair..

Lowry
14th pick
Martin
Scola
Jonas V

me likey

kenzo400
06-06-2012, 04:04 PM
So we would basically just trade our team for yours? With the exception of Jonas lol Only makes sense for Rockets.

BSardogan
06-06-2012, 04:05 PM
that sounds fair..

Lowry
14th pick
Martin
Scola
Jonas V

me likey

Oh. Calderon would have to be included to match salaries. Maybe Houston could throw in both Morris and Pat in that case.

BSardogan
06-06-2012, 04:06 PM
So we would basically just trade our team for yours? With the exception of Jonas lol Only makes sense for Rockets.

Basically, yea. The difference is you get your wet-dream in Lowry, and the team that finished way higher in the table.

kenzo400
06-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Basically, yea. The difference is you get your wet-dream in Lowry, and the team that finished way higher in the table.

You're right Lowry is the difference maker. But other than that it's not worth it. Raptors would be basically settling for mediocrity for the next few years. Actually not even, seeing as how Houston didn't make the playoffs.

Better to suck and hope that your young guys will turn out special than just miss the playoffs for the next 5 years.

D12 fan
06-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Why would they want Rudy Gay,he alone is not enough to get them in the playoffs.Gay should pursued by teams who have a chance to compete. (Bulls,Magic,Sixers,Blazers,Nets-if they resign Dwill)

kenzo400
06-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Why would they want Rudy Gay,he alone is not enough to get them in the playoffs.Gay should pursued by teams who have a chance to compete. (Bulls,Magic,Sixers,Blazers,Nets-if they resign Dwill)

I like it, i think Colangelo sees how to build a team you can't just suck for the next decade and hope to make it through the draft.

OKC really just got lucky. I mean to get 2nd, 4th and third pick in three years in a row? Plus, not to mention getting Durant with the second pick. He's not a normal draft player. I mean Evan freaking Turner was the second pick one year.

Oddly enough getting Gay would be very similar to what Memphis did to construct their own team. They got Gay at number 8, but picked off Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol not through the draft.

Poolthief
06-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Nash, Derozan, Rudy Gay, Bargs, Jonas is a good team with Jonas being the exception.

Not sure I understand you here. Other than Nash I'd expect Jonas to have the best career of the bunch. DeRozan is the weak link.

Nash to the Raps is a lock (wink-wink agreement). The only question that remains is if it will be a S&T which would allow Toronto to keep its exceptions.

So you'd have: Nash/DeRozan/Gay/Bargnani/Valanciunas with Bayless,James Johnson,Amir Johnson and potentially a MLE coming off the bench. That could be a top 3 team in the weak East.

North Yorker
06-06-2012, 04:17 PM

Quite simple actually.
1. Memphis wants to shed a lot of salary, Toronto is one of the very few teams that can take on $12M in salary via trade before July 1-because of the Barbosa trade. If Memphis waits till after July 1 they pay luxury tax and dont get the $5M in revenue sharing for non-luxury tax teams.

2. Toronto wants to lure Nash to Toronto, and Gay helps the situation. There arent any big name FAs Toronto can reasonably go after for the next 3 offseasons anyway, along with not a lot of big deals, they can afford to roll the dice on Gay's remaining 3 yrs.

I think BC wants to do something like

Davis, Derozan,2013 1st for Gay +25

and then Calderon+25 for Nash(S&T).

Draft Lamb at 8, and still have the MLE and the Barbosa TPE to play with.

Nash/Lamb/Gay/Bargs/Valanciunas

Thats easily a playoff team in the East.

dtmagnet
06-06-2012, 04:19 PM

Like was stated in the OP, they want Gay to convince Nash to sign. I think that puts the Raptors in the playoff picture, and all ya gotta do is get on the dance floor in this league.

GoPacers33
06-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Danny Granger

BSardogan
06-06-2012, 04:25 PM
You're right Lowry is the difference maker. But other than that it's not worth it. Raptors would be basically settling for mediocrity for the next few years. Actually not even, seeing as how Houston didn't make the playoffs.

Better to suck and hope that your young guys will turn out special than just miss the playoffs for the next 5 years.

In all fairness, I agree with you that Houston has been a very mediocre team for the past few years, can't deny any of that. However all there was to blame for that was the lack of a true superstar player to take the team to the next level, and you guys seem to be so excited about that Valanciunas guy he could be just that.

Really, this trade would make Toronto anything but weaker. In fact, you trade an expiring Martin for an expiring Calderon, Bargs for Scola, & Lowry, Patterson, Morris and a 14th for DeRozan and Ed Davis + 8th.
Martin, especially in Toronto's perspective, has the edge over Calderon. Lowry for DeRozan and the pick is imo just right. DeRozan is a real gamble, since he could become the real deal or really not anything special. The only edge Houston really has over Toronto would be Scola for Bargs, since Scola stopped playing defense about 3 years ago. But hey, your center will block any shot near the paint anyway, right.. :p

If you guys get Terrence Jones or something in that draft, or any other SF that can drive and dunk, that roster looks Really really nice.

Lowry
Martin
Jones
Scola
Valanciuanas

Martin, if he gets back at his usual level of play, will drain 3's and free throws all night. Lowry will play at his usual all-star level anyways. Scola hits just about every midrange shot he gets. I have no idea about that Valanciunas dude, but if he's as good as the hype suggest, that is not a bad team right there.

ThornMo
06-06-2012, 04:25 PM
you can have tyrus thomas and corey magette. seriously, just take them... we don't need anything

miller74
06-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Danny Granger

Nope he has back issues, why else would they draft Joey Graham instead lol

:facepalm: what a poorly run team we got here

sixer04fan
06-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Iggy. Iggy. Iggy.

spreadeagle
06-06-2012, 04:36 PM
you can have tyrus thomas and corey magette. seriously, just take them... we don't need anything

hahaha this made me laugh :clap:

uptown0364
06-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Deng + Charlotte pick for Davis, Calderon, and the 8th pick this year. Maybe the Bulls also throw in this years 1st rounder. Then the Bulls can let CJ walk and have a solid replacement for Rose. Resign Ronnie Brewer and draft a SG that can grow with Rose.

dtmagnet
06-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Iggy. Iggy. Iggy.

He doesn't really make sense for the Raptors.

nycericanguy
06-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Sounds like TOR would be giving up too much, Ed Davis or Derozan + the #8 should be enough to get a guy like Iggy, Deng or Gay. Or they could probably get a guy like Wilson Chandler or even Gallo for the #8 alone.

If getting Nash is the goal I would go hard for Gallo, call me crazy but I think Gallo would explode into stardom playing with Nash. He's never really played with a good pass first PG. Felton was a chucker, and Lawson isn't a great passing PG, more of a scoring guard.

heyman321
06-06-2012, 04:51 PM
It's funny how people are talking about giving away the whole organization for Kyle Lowry. You guys make it sound like he's Gary Payton in his prime, he's nothing special. Yeah, he's better than Calderon (at defense only), but not worth giving up 2 players and a pick.

Pacerlive
06-06-2012, 04:55 PM
IF the Pacers fleece the Raps again I will laugh so hard....

Granger for Bargs and the pick?

kenzo400
06-06-2012, 04:56 PM
IF the Pacers fleece the Raps again I will laugh so hard....

Granger for Bargs and the pick?

I'll just pretend you didn't say that lol

greg_ory_2005
06-06-2012, 05:00 PM
I'm fine with Rudy. He's still fairly young. Definitely would prefer him over Granger and Iggy.

kenzo400
06-06-2012, 05:01 PM
In all fairness, I agree with you that Houston has been a very mediocre team for the past few years, can't deny any of that. However all there was to blame for that was the lack of a true superstar player to take the team to the next level, and you guys seem to be so excited about that Valanciunas guy he could be just that.

Really, this trade would make Toronto anything but weaker. In fact, you trade an expiring Martin for an expiring Calderon, Bargs for Scola, & Lowry, Patterson, Morris and a 14th for DeRozan and Ed Davis + 8th.
Martin, especially in Toronto's perspective, has the edge over Calderon. Lowry for DeRozan and the pick is imo just right. DeRozan is a real gamble, since he could become the real deal or really not anything special. The only edge Houston really has over Toronto would be Scola for Bargs, since Scola stopped playing defense about 3 years ago. But hey, your center will block any shot near the paint anyway, right.. :p

If you guys get Terrence Jones or something in that draft, or any other SF that can drive and dunk, that roster looks Really really nice.

Lowry
Martin
Jones
Scola
Valanciuanas

Martin, if he gets back at his usual level of play, will drain 3's and free throws all night. Lowry will play at his usual all-star level anyways. Scola hits just about every midrange shot he gets. I have no idea about that Valanciunas dude, but if he's as good as the hype suggest, that is not a bad team right there.

I wouldn't put all my faith into Jonas. I think he's going to be a very good player, but a superstar? That is a big risk for an organization to take. You need at least 2 or 3 promising players that you hope will turn into something special. At the very least you need to surround your main piece with good young talent. Scola is going to be turning 32 and has regressed in the last couple of years. Kevin Martin is a good player but already 29 years old and i don't think he fits Caseys defensive minded system so well.

He will definitely help on the offensive end but in the long term i don't think he's a great option. Look at it this way, even if Jonas does turn out to be a very special piece, who's he going to be surrounded by in 3-4 years when he reaches his full potential, a 33 year old Kevin Martin, 36 year old Scola?

Lowry is the only young piece there and like the other poster said he's not a star. He is a very good starting point guard who fits Caseys system very well, but alone he's not enough for the Raptors to have a big future.

BH-Sports
06-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Why do you say that?

Tell me how Iggy would help a team that's rebuilding. His contract and his lack of offensive skills.

dalton749
06-06-2012, 05:03 PM
If we give up derozan for gay its not worth it. 8th ed and jj is more than fair with the 7 mil it opens up for them
Throw in Bayless and their 25th if it's not enough

BSardogan
06-06-2012, 05:05 PM
It's funny how people are talking about giving away the whole organization for Kyle Lowry. You guys make it sound like he's Gary Payton in his prime, he's nothing special. Yeah, he's better than Calderon (at defense only), but not worth giving up 2 players and a pick.

It's called building a team. If you need to improve in certain areas, you are going to have to give up picks and players for it. Toronto have a whole shitload of players now that are playing nowhere near an all-star level, while they're aiming to start making some noise and reach the playoffs.

Players like Lowry and Martin are excellent pieces to make that happen, and in comparison to guys like Calderon and DeRozan they would be a surefire upgrade. Still, it's the whole package you should be looking at.

Houston does not just have one but two picks they would be willing to include in a potential deal, so if you're talking about trading that 8th pick, Houston can give you 2 mid-first rounders and a borderline all-star in return. Is that really that bad?

Lowry may not be a primetime Payton, no, but what is Toronto realistically even trading back at Houston? A huge gamble by the name of DeRozan and a random filler that won't get any significant minutes for the Rockets.

kenzo400
06-06-2012, 05:13 PM
If we give up derozan for gay its not worth it. 8th ed and jj is more than fair with the 7 mil it opens up for them
Throw in Bayless and their 25th if it's not enough

They are not just going to want our crap and the 8th pick (unproven player) For a proven wing in his prime. You have to give up something to get something in return.

Not to say that JJ is crap, far from it. But they already have Tony Allen.

Sadds The Gr8
06-06-2012, 05:14 PM
God no...

And the trade offers in this thread are a ****in joke.

shep33
06-06-2012, 05:18 PM
I say keep the pick. Trade a couple of Bargs, Caldy, Davis, etc. Won't be enough to get Rudy Gay imo. Iggy maybe if they package Bargs too.

dalton749
06-06-2012, 05:23 PM
They are not just going to want our crap and the 8th pick (unproven player) For a proven wing in his prime. You have to give up something to get something in return.

Not to say that JJ is crap, far from it. But they already have Tony Allen.

The most valuable part to the trade being the cap space allowing them to fill out the rest of their needs with 3 cheap young players full of potential. It's the best deal they will get if they want to stay under the cap

gbrl
06-06-2012, 05:30 PM
granger and collison for bargnani and the pick

Il Mago50
06-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Uh...how about noooooooooooooooooo...

People need to wake up and understand why these guys are available in the first place.

Do people not understand that if Joe Johnson, Rudy Gay and Iguodala were as good as people seem to think, their teams would choose to rid of other players and not them?!?!

First off, you have Johnson who is the absolute worst contract in the NBA. The guy didn't even average 20 a game this season, isn't a dominant player and arguably isn't even top 3 at his own position.

Next, you've got Iguodala who's making near max money even though he doesn't really have a consistent way of putting the ball into the basket outside of being set up for dunks. He can't shoot and other then his stellar defense, really isn't that great of a player at all. Is that worth sacrificing your financial flexibility and young assets for? What does our team and it's fringe playoff status need with a guy like him :S???

Lastly but most importantly, we need to put the phone down immediately on the Gay trade talks. He's going to be making max money and close to 19-20M near the end of his contract for a guy who's not a dominant player by any means. He can't make a jump shot consistently, isn't a great defender and hasn't even made an all-star team even though he's making top 10 MVP voting money.

If Gay was really as good as we're made to believe, DON'T PEOPLE THINK THE GRIZ WOULD DEAL OLDER PLAYERS LIKE RANDOLPH, CONLEY AND GASOL?!?!?

Instead, their first inclination is to deal him.

That should tell us all we need to know.

I'll take on one of those guys excluding Iguodala if they give the RAPTORS their first round pick for getting those terrible contracts off of their chest.

Shaolin
06-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Iguodala + Holiday for Calderon, James Johnson + the 8th pick.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=87e385y

Poolthief
06-06-2012, 05:35 PM
I say keep the pick. Trade a couple of Bargs, Caldy, Davis, etc. Won't be enough to get Rudy Gay imo. Iggy maybe if they package Bargs too.

Bargnani isn't on the table. Ford pulled that one out of his @$$.

If the Memphis deal goes down it will look something like this:

(Davis+Kleiza or Amir+JJ) and #8 for Gay. There might be some picks, cash, future considerations added by each side. Toronto will likely push for #25. The major sell for Memphis here is money saved/restored cap flexibility.

kenzo400
06-06-2012, 05:37 PM
The most valuable part to the trade being the cap space allowing them to fill out the rest of their needs with 3 cheap young players full of potential. It's the best deal they will get if they want to stay under the cap

Potential yes, but there are enough players in the league with that. I wouldn't say Ed is any exception. Although i do agree with you, you have to consider the fact that other teams would be willing to give up these same things and more.

They are not just getting rid of salary but trading a 20 ppg wing player in his prime in the process. That is worth more than just another team taking on his contract.

BH-Sports
06-06-2012, 05:45 PM

I'll take that. I'm in love with Holiday

kenzo400
06-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Uh...how about noooooooooooooooooo...

People need to wake up and understand why these guys are available in the first place.

Do people not understand that if Joe Johnson, Rudy Gay and Iguodala were as good as people seem to think, their teams would choose to rid of other players and not them?!?!

First off, you have Johnson who is the absolute worst contract in the NBA. The guy didn't even average 20 a game this season, isn't a dominant player and arguably isn't even top 3 at his own position.

Next, you've got Iguodala who's making near max money even though he doesn't really have a consistent way of putting the ball into the basket outside of being set up for dunks. He can't shoot and other then his stellar defense, really isn't that great of a player at all. Is that worth sacrificing your financial flexibility and young assets for? What does our team and it's fringe playoff status need with a guy like him :S???

Lastly but most importantly, we need to put the phone down immediately on the Gay trade talks. He's going to be making max money and close to 19-20M near the end of his contract for a guy who's not a dominant player by any means. He can't make a jump shot consistently, isn't a great defender and hasn't even made an all-star team even though he's making top 10 MVP voting money.

If Gay was really as good as we're made to believe, DON'T PEOPLE THINK THE GRIZ WOULD DEAL OLDER PLAYERS LIKE RANDOLPH, CONLEY AND GASOL?!?!?

Instead, their first inclination is to deal him.

That should tell us all we need to know.

I'll take on one of those guys excluding Iguodala if they give the RAPTORS their first round pick for getting those terrible contracts off of their chest.

They will never trade Gasol. No team unless absolutely forced would trade one of the top Centers in the league in his prime. They would probably prefer to trade Randolph but teams don't want to get near that. He's 31 years old and most aren't too optimistic about him returning to his old self.

With the exception of Gasol they are trying to trade the player that will give them the most in return.

Rain City
06-06-2012, 05:52 PM
How about Nicolas Batum and a 2nd?! Give Portland 3 lottery pix...hey they gotta start somewhere.

Il Mago50
06-06-2012, 05:58 PM
They will never trade Gasol. No team unless absolutely forced would trade one of the top Centers in the league in his prime. They would probably prefer to trade Randolph but teams don't want to get near that. He's 31 years old and most aren't too optimistic about him returning to his old self.

With the exception of Gasol they are trying to trade the player that will give them the most in return.

That's totally true but I'm just saying that if they were as sold on this guy and how much money they were paying him, they'd look to deal Randolph and Conley before even thinking Rudy.

Bigbadmoffo
06-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Sounds like TOR would be giving up too much, Ed Davis or Derozan + the #8 should be enough to get a guy like Iggy, Deng or Gay. Or they could probably get a guy like Wilson Chandler or even Gallo for the #8 alone.

If getting Nash is the goal I would go hard for Gallo, call me crazy but I think Gallo would explode into stardom playing with Nash. He's never really played with a good pass first PG. Felton was a chucker, and Lawson isn't a great passing PG, more of a scoring guard.

This because i could just imagine the threes raining down when nash finds gallo and bargs open all day. d would suck but maybe having a defensive coach might make us sub par.

jiggin
06-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Blazers would love to grab another 1st round pick. Wonder if they could sell a Wesley Matthews or JJ Hicks on + a later pick for number 8. Probably not but it sounds very blazers like to end up with the 6th, 8th and 11th...then somehow trade down to #2 and still end up with a early and middle first rounder.

jiggin
06-06-2012, 06:07 PM
How about Nicolas Batum and a 2nd?! Give Portland 3 lottery pix...hey they gotta start somewhere.

Batum is a restricted free agent. Can't trade him till they sign him.

2-ONE-5
06-06-2012, 06:08 PM

agreed. I think Gay is a better fit anyway bcuz he is the better shooter/scorer. Not sure how Derozan/Iggy would work

kenzo400
06-06-2012, 06:11 PM
That's totally true but I'm just saying that if they were as sold on this guy and how much money they were paying him, they'd look to deal Randolph and Conley before even thinking Rudy.

Conley is under a very reasonable contract and is a solid starting point guard. Also, maybe they were trying to trade Randolph before, and i'm not sure if they would be able to find any suitors willing to take back his contract, without at least taking on a couple of bad contracts in return.

Memphis needs to get rid of the salary because they desperately do not want to go into luxury tax hell.

Gram
06-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Would they like Anthony Morrow and Damion James?

For 8? No.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-06-2012, 07:37 PM
8th, Calderon , Bargnani and Davis for Joe Johnson and Josh Smith.

C-Valancuinas, Big man via FA, Amir, Gray, Magloire
PF-Smith, James Johnson
SF-Derozan, Kleiza,
SG-Joe Johnson, Forbes
PG-Nash, Bayless

Cal827
06-06-2012, 07:40 PM
I want to see us low ball the grizz... They are the ones that have to get under the lux lol

heyman321
06-06-2012, 07:43 PM
I don't want Joe Johnson anywhere near the Raptors. Worst contract in the league, and is declining faster than Lebron's hairline is receding. Josh Smith would be nice, but the Hawks aren't stupid.

knickfan33
06-06-2012, 08:36 PM
You guys can either have Fields or JR For Ed, Bar and the 8th pick!

lol i wish we could trade fields for the 8... the pick alone... i want kendall marshall.. JR is already gone and he aint coming back.

Sly Guy
06-06-2012, 08:42 PM
This smells of ********. The only true thing in this article could be that Raptors are thinking of trading the 8th pick and they expressed some interest in Gay. I seriously doubt Colangelo would package the 8th and Bargnani just for Gay. Plus he says a vet (Bargnani or Calderon) Huuuugee difference between the two lol

I agree.

And more than the ability to get to the rim, the raps need outside shooting. They also need a guy who can get to the rim, too.

D12 fan
06-06-2012, 08:46 PM

PF-Smith, James Johnson
SF-Derozan, Kleiza,
SG-Joe Johnson, Forbes
PG-Nash, Bayless

Atlanta would be all over this just to get rid of Joe's contract,it's a gamble for Toronto but they would be a playoff team after that trade.

Cal827
06-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Hate that Atlanta deal. I'm for acquiring talent, but at the same time, I want to see the younger players on this team grow (DD, JV, etc) I rather end up in the lotto again and get another young piece than take that deal. JJ and JS would stagnate the younger players. And that team would just become the New Atlanta of the East... Somewhat literally lol

Sly Guy
06-06-2012, 08:55 PM

no you'd just waste them on young guys with high chances of career ending injuries.

shep33
06-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Bargnani isn't on the table. Ford pulled that one out of his @$$.

If the Memphis deal goes down it will look something like this:

(Davis+Kleiza or Amir+JJ) and #8 for Gay. There might be some picks, cash, future considerations added by each side. Toronto will likely push for #25. The major sell for Memphis here is money saved/restored cap flexibility.

What's the point of that from a Memphis perspective though?

That team has it's big man rotations set, arguably the best frontline rotation in basketall. ZBo and Marc are locked in for years to come, and I'm guessing one of Speights/Arthur will come back. They need shooters badly

Bruno
06-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Pau Gasol for Bargs and the 8th pick? :shrug:

John Walls Era
06-06-2012, 09:05 PM

PF-Smith, James Johnson
SF-Derozan, Kleiza,
SG-Joe Johnson, Forbes
PG-Nash, Bayless

no not Joe Johnson. I actually wanna watch the Raps play on TV (this year was so boring) in the future. You can't win with JJ.

gwrighter
06-06-2012, 09:34 PM

It's hard to see the Raps trading A PF & the 8th pick for a max deal PF.

gwrighter
06-06-2012, 09:38 PM
8th + Ed Davis + 2013 unprotected 1st for Rudy Gay

BHF
06-06-2012, 09:40 PM

LOL :facepalm: wait do you want us to give you jv and dero and you cant add metta and josh mcroberts? and maybe we can give you the ed davis the future 2013 and 2014 first round picks for steve blake

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-06-2012, 09:44 PM
If Danny wants to rebuild I wouldn't mind if he traded Pierce for the 8th pick straight up if the salaries work, but the Raps probably won't accept it. Then again if they add Nash to go along with Pierce and get some role players they would have a strong chance at winning the division:shrug:

Raps18-19 Champ
06-06-2012, 09:48 PM
no not Joe Johnson. I actually wanna watch the Raps play on TV (this year was so boring) in the future. You can't win with JJ.

Joe Johnson and filler for Andrew Bynum.

C-Bynum
PF-Valancuinas
SF-Smith
SG-Derozan
PG-Nash

theducksmuggler
06-06-2012, 09:50 PM

hahahahahah no thanks...downgrade extremely at two positions for the 8th pick no thank you

kblo247
06-06-2012, 10:09 PM

For 8 and Bargs we can give them Pau ... Wishful thinking right shep?

Sadds The Gr8
06-06-2012, 10:15 PM
8th + Ed Davis + 2013 unprotected 1st for Rudy Gay

What? **** that...Rudy Gay isn't that goood...

Wolfman01
06-06-2012, 10:16 PM

Mayo is a restricted free agent and can't be traded.

koreancabbage
06-06-2012, 10:19 PM
gay and iggy are so overrated! 3rd options on a good team until proven otherwise

Wolfman01
06-06-2012, 10:22 PM
The Raptors have been looking to move Bargnani for a while now since he lacks of defense. Bargnani and Calderon are the two players who are most likely to be traded this summer. Bargnani would fit well with a team that has great defense so that he can just play offense and don't worry about defense. A lot of teams would definity be interested in Calderon. The guy is a true point guard and a underrated player in the NBA. Calderon has great consistently and will help teams like the Blazers who desperately needs a point guard. About the 8th pick I feel like the Raptors will try to trade it with a package or try to move up the draft board to get someone they like.

RipCity32
06-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Tayshaun and the ninth pick

PhillyOwnsAll
06-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Take Iggy please. He's good but not what the Sixers need. He's a 3 scorer trying to be the #1 on this team... Bradley Beal at the 8th pick would be welcomed with opened arms in Philadelphia

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Take Iggy please. He's good but not what the Sixers need. He's a 3 scorer trying to be the #1 on this team... Bradley Beal at the 8th pick would be welcomed with opened arms in Philadelphia

Bradley Beal isn't going to make past the 4th pick.

greg_ory_2005
06-06-2012, 10:59 PM
The Raptors have been looking to move Bargnani for a while now since he lacks of defense. Bargnani and Calderon are the two players who are most likely to be traded this summer. Bargnani would fit well with a team that has great defense so that he can just play offense and don't worry about defense. A lot of teams would definity be interested in Calderon. The guy is a true point guard and a underrated player in the NBA. Calderon has great consistently and will help teams like the Blazers who desperately needs a point guard. About the 8th pick I feel like the Raptors will try to trade it with a package or try to move up the draft board to get someone they like.

No they haven't.

Wolfman01
06-07-2012, 12:23 AM
No they haven't.

It's obvious Bargnani played 6 years for the Raptors and the last 2 years he put up big numbers but he doesn't help the team to win. NBA teams usually trade away their players if their team can't win at all. When Bosh was still a player for the Raptors he was the only reason why the Raptors were winning. Bargnani proves that he can't carry a team or help the Raptors to win. Raptors shows no signs of improvement last year. The Raptors are going to keep rebuilding through the draft and it's going to take 3-4 years before they can even be consider as a good team. I don't think the Raptors are committed to paying all the money that is left on Bargnani contract which is on average of 10+ million a year for the next 3-4 years of rebuilding. Theres no reason to pay a guy that much when your not showing progress in rebuilding. Either they trade Bargnani this year or next year since he only have 3 years left on his contract. It the right perfect time to trade the guy since this year draft is very good.

sixer04fan
06-07-2012, 12:36 AM

Somebody slap this man. That's downright insulting.

kobemelo
06-07-2012, 01:24 AM
It's obvious Bargnani played 6 years for the Raptors and the last 2 years he put up big numbers but he doesn't help the team to win. NBA teams usually trade away their players if their team can't win at all. When Bosh was still a player for the Raptors he was the only reason why the Raptors were winning. Bargnani proves that he can't carry a team or help the Raptors to win. Raptors shows no signs of improvement last year. The Raptors are going to keep rebuilding through the draft and it's going to take 3-4 years before they can even be consider as a good team. I don't think the Raptors are committed to paying all the money that is left on Bargnani contract which is on average of 10+ million a year for the next 3-4 years of rebuilding. Theres no reason to pay a guy that much when your not showing progress in rebuilding. Either they trade Bargnani this year or next year since he only have 3 years left on his contract. It the right perfect time to trade the guy since this year draft is very good.

lol I won't say we were good, and you're not out of line at all in what you're saying, but are kinda exaggerating a bit, we did win more games this year in 66, than last year in 82.. I would say that IS imporvement, would u not agree? :eyebrow:

Arch Stanton
06-07-2012, 01:35 AM
I don't want Joe Johnson anywhere near the Raptors. Worst contract in the league, and is declining faster than Lebron's hairline is receding. Josh Smith would be nice, but the Hawks aren't stupid.

Good job! Good Effort!

gwrighter
06-07-2012, 01:58 AM
What? **** that...Rudy Gay isn't that goood...

What do you suggest?

Wolfman01
06-07-2012, 02:20 AM
What Chad Ford forgot is that the Grizzlies have options on how to avoid the luxury taxes. The Grizzlies don't have to trade away Rudy Gay to avoid the luxury taxes. They also can trade Zach Randolph and Mike Conley who also have big contracts. Chad Ford is a writer and his goal is to make fantastic article to make people feel happy or excited about this and that. Rudy Gay isn't just the only player on the Grizzlies roster.

Becks2307
06-07-2012, 04:07 AM
Im telling you if Bargs goes to another team that can hide is defense, he is going to explode next season

ChongInc.
06-07-2012, 04:51 AM

agree. + kleiza?

Mikeleafs
06-07-2012, 11:04 AM
agree. + kleiza?

I'd rather throw in JJ... We need Kleiza for at least another year for his 3pt shooting and to mentor Val next season.

But overall, I wouldn't give up more than Caldy, ED and the pick for Gay and Mayo...

We need to allow our team to grow together without giving up on our youth.

I Rock Shaqs
06-07-2012, 11:22 AM
As a big time raps fan i'm getting really excited the closer we get to the draft, also reading some of the ideas you guys have brought up makes me smile too knowing were in a position to get somebody half as relevant as vince carter was.

Blink
06-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Think the Raps could look to James Harden? Or to risky because of the team being in Toronto?

I actually like the Raptors. Its just to bad nobody really wants to play there for some reason..

pebloemer
06-07-2012, 12:43 PM
What Chad Ford forgot is that the Grizzlies have options on how to avoid the luxury taxes. The Grizzlies don't have to trade away Rudy Gay to avoid the luxury taxes. They also can trade Zach Randolph and Mike Conley who also have big contracts. Chad Ford is a writer and his goal is to make fantastic article to make people feel happy or excited about this and that. Rudy Gay isn't just the only player on the Grizzlies roster.

You are right, they definitely can. I think much of the speculation around Gay as a candidate comes from the Grizzlies success without Gay for much of last season coupled with his max contract.

If I'm the Raptor's I'd gladly take Conley, but I don't think I'd trade the 8th pick and use up our cap space for him.

ChongInc.
06-08-2012, 01:29 AM
I'd rather throw in JJ... We need Kleiza for at least another year for his 3pt shooting and to mentor Val next season.

But overall, I wouldn't give up more than Caldy, ED and the pick for Gay and Mayo...

We need to allow our team to grow together without giving up on our youth.

its more about unloading the contract so its possible to sign Nash. Calderon, kleiza and amir all need to go. no way in hell Colangelo trades JJ.

kenzo400
06-08-2012, 02:06 AM
its more about unloading the contract so its possible to sign Nash. Calderon, kleiza and amir all need to go. no way in hell Colangelo trades JJ.

Why not? JJ is a great defensive player but it's hard to keep all the pieces you want. He is going to be a free agent next year and i can picture a few teams giving him a good amount.

DaoudS
06-08-2012, 07:23 AM
Tayshaun and the ninth pick

That is actually pretty interesting, but that contract extension will likely hold up any conversations on Prince.

IndiansFan337
06-08-2012, 04:35 PM
They say this every year, so I am not buying it. Remember last year they entertained offers for the #5 pick and instead took Valenciunas.

SeoulBeatz
06-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Thad Young for the pick?

Wolfman01
06-08-2012, 05:59 PM
“We’re not looking to trade Rudy Gay,” Heisley said. “We’re not shopping him around. Period. Do we sit around and say ‘What if we traded Rudy, who could we get?’ No. Right now, Rudy is part of the future of this team.” Memphis Commercial Appeal

North Yorker
06-08-2012, 06:03 PM
^

"Although Pau Gasol recognizes the rumors of a possible trade, Memphis Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley, ruled out these rumors by assuring that the star is going to stay with the Grizzlies despite the fact that the team is up for sale.

In fact Heisley's exact words were, "There's no damn way that anybody is going to trade Pau Gasol," "I'm telling you that ain't going to happen. That's out the window."

Sound familiar?

JasonJohnHorn
06-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Maybe see if the Heat are willing to part with James for that package ;-)

kobemelo
06-09-2012, 02:25 PM
^

Sound familiar?

lmao. On the thread topic though, Raps should just draft PJIII, let em grow together, we aren't making any deep runs in Toronto out east anytime soon, so why not have an exciting rookie join the crew :cool:

IAmARanger18
06-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Calderon + 8th overall + for Deng + 29th overall?

spreadeagle
06-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Calderon + 8th overall + for Deng + 29th overall?

I dont think Deng is worth the 8 pick because of his contract, you could have a rookie who makes like 2 mil for a few yrs as opposed to Deng making like 10...hes a nice player though, two bad bulls dont have any other players or pics to make it work

spreadeagle
06-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Ya obviously Grizz are not gunna come right out n say we are trading him...cause if you cant make a deal you have an unhappy 15 mil a yr player on ur roster

JasonJohnHorn
06-09-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm not surprised that Toronto's front office is trying to trade their pick since they guy they got running the team has no clue how to draft a good player. Might as well trade the pick, along with another bad pick like Barngani and get one established player insead of two $#!TTY players.

SMH. BC needs to go. This is a deep draft. They should be excited about this pick.

HT9Canada
06-09-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm not surprised that Toronto's front office is trying to trade their pick since they guy they got running the team has no clue how to draft a good player. Might as well trade the pick, along with another bad pick like Barngani and get one established player insead of two $#!TTY players.

SMH. BC needs to go. This is a deep draft. They should be excited about this pick.

I'm not the biggest fan of BC but his recent draft history has been pretty good. Derozan, Bargnani, Bosh, Hibbert are all pretty good players in this league and Valencunias and Ed Davis have crazy potential. It would be different if the Raps had a top 5 pick every year but the haven't.

The most criticized failed pick was Bargnani but that draft was garbage and only Aldridge and Gay were better top 10 picks.

What BC needs to do is keep building young assets and then trade for a star or catch a star in the draft around 10 or so where they seem to be consistently.

Compare the Raps to a team like the Bucks and BC's draft history looks amazing.

2011: Jimmer Fredette (10), Jon Leuer (40)
2010: Larry Sanders (15), Darington Hobson (37), Jerome Jordan (44), Tiny Gallon (47)
2009: Brandon Jennings (10), Jodie Meeks (41)
2008: Joe Alexander (8), Luc Mbah a Moute (37)
2007: Yi Jianlian (6), Ramon Sessions (56)
2006: David Noel (39)

Raph12
06-09-2012, 04:15 PM
I wonder if they want Hedo back? :hide:

bucketss
06-09-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of BC but his recent draft history has been pretty good. Derozan, Bargnani, Bosh, Hibbert are all pretty good players in this league and Valencunias and Ed Davis have crazy potential. It would be different if the Raps had a top 5 pick every year but the haven't.

The most criticized failed pick was Bargnani but that draft was garbage and only Aldridge and Gay were better top 10 picks.

What BC needs to do is keep building young assets and then trade for a star or catch a star in the draft around 10 or so where they seem to be consistently.

Compare the Raps to a team like the Bucks and BC's draft history looks amazing.

2011: Jimmer Fredette (10), Jon Leuer (40)
2010: Larry Sanders (15), Darington Hobson (37), Jerome Jordan (44), Tiny Gallon (47)
2009: Brandon Jennings (10), Jodie Meeks (41)
2008: Joe Alexander (8), Luc Mbah a Moute (37)
2007: Yi Jianlian (6), Ramon Sessions (56)
2006: David Noel (39)

bc also drafted amare and marion in phx also barbosa i think he has a pretty good draft record.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-09-2012, 04:40 PM
We'll trade Amar'e

lol

jim51990
06-09-2012, 05:08 PM
paul peirce ?

greg_ory_2005
06-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Raptors won't want Pierce. Maybe Rondo though.

topdog
06-09-2012, 05:15 PM
“We’re not looking to trade Rudy Gay,” Heisley said. “We’re not shopping him around. Period. Do we sit around and say ‘What if we traded Rudy, who could we get?’ No. Right now, Rudy is part of the future of this team.” Memphis Commercial Appeal

That definitely leaves room open for them to be persuaded. Nor does he mention taking phone calls. Just because you don't shop doesn't mean you don't openly take offers.

YoungOne
06-09-2012, 05:20 PM
pierce?

YoungOne
06-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Raptors won't want Pierce. Maybe Rondo though.

we wont trade rondo for the 8th pick

Eagles4Lyfe
06-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Were not going to give up our 8th pick for your over paid players.
The point of trading this pick is to get a young extremely talented player that can grow with the current crop of players we have.
What sense would it make for a team like us to trade the 8th pick for a 30 something year old??

Phenomenonsense
06-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Seems to me the Raptors are overvaluing their pick in this draft.

BHF
06-09-2012, 06:43 PM

you are right why wouldn't we want some 35 year old guy for that 8th pick or maybe we can bring back hedo for the 8th

Gritz
06-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Ebanks

Gritz
06-09-2012, 06:51 PM

Yea because representatives from the team are posting here

jerryred
06-11-2012, 02:16 AM
if they trade it away, wat r they looking for

FriedTofuz
06-11-2012, 09:30 AM
to whoever suggested deng asik for calderon and the pick, Id do that trade.

gwrighter
06-11-2012, 09:32 AM
if they trade it away, wat r they looking for

Wing scorer/shot creator

gwrighter
06-11-2012, 09:34 AM

After Davis @ #1, the rest of the lottery from 2-12 have pretty much the same talent level & any of those guys can become stars in the league. We all know the draft this year is WAY deeper than last, adjust your expectations accordingly.

tcav701
06-11-2012, 09:35 AM
The obvious answer here is Gay or Granger.

YoungOne
06-11-2012, 09:36 AM
I see them wantig to get gay, but the 8th pick wont be enough.

King41
06-11-2012, 09:52 AM
raptors ...

tcav701
06-11-2012, 09:55 AM
I see them wantig to get gay, but the 8th pick wont be enough.

thats where the package comes into play

Tom Stone
06-11-2012, 10:52 AM
It's crazy what most people think........that we need a small forward.......but we don't.....James Johnson was really impressive last year ....he became a fan favorite.....at 6"9 250 pounds, quick feet, amazing shot blocker, he was our best player for creating his own shot, go check the highlights from last season.......his vision is impressive as well.....and hits the three....his shot is coming along nicely and still has a lot of room for improvement, but with his size and natural ability he's all ready a factor........Plus we have linas Kleiza who showed signs of the guy we signed before his knee injury....he will finally be totally healthy as well........We don't need an expensive Small forward that will slow James Johnson progress......he's a young beast......And I don't think we used him properly last year....we never ran any plays for him....even thou he was a mis match for almost anybody.....again at 6"9 250 he is stronger then every small forward (excluding Lebron) and quick enough to take it at them.......at power forward he can stretch the floor and strong enough to handel the bigs with explosive leaping and timing ability for blocks......He's young and getting better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttW291PGDnw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IADQLsv8Wao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9dho-vGdqo

sixer04fan
06-11-2012, 11:21 AM
It's crazy what most people think........that we need a small forward.......but we don't.....James Johnson was really impressive last year ....

He's a fine role player... But the Raptors are exploring opportunities to land an elite, proven, difference-making small forward, that at the same time could potentially make Toronto a more attractive place for other players to come play... Such as Steve Nash for example.

dylon smoke
06-11-2012, 11:43 AM
i think paul pierce would be a great pick up for you guys...let him run the court like he used too, and it makes sense for the celtics also

thunderforce
06-11-2012, 11:55 AM
We already tried old players that are breaking down like JO and HO and it did not work .