PDA

View Full Version : Yan Gomes back up... Chavez back down

Bob_at_york
06-06-2012, 09:50 AM
After the game, the Jays recalled infielder Yan Gomes and optioned Jesse Chavez to Las Vegas.

Link: http://www.thestar.com/sports/baseball/mlb/bluejays/article/1206611--blue-jays-beat-white-sox-9-5-brett-lawrie-bats-leadoff

I am happy we have Gomes back in the line-up. I think he can help out in inter-league and could be helpful while EE is getting healthy.

North Yorker
06-06-2012, 09:53 AM
:yawn: Gomes!!!

2009mvp
06-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Makes sense, bench was getting awfully short.

mtf
06-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Happy to see it. Once Kelly Johnson is able to play second base regularly again, it'll be nice to see Yan Gomes replace Omar Vizquel in the line-up.

bartron_44
06-06-2012, 11:22 AM
I pretty much figured this would happen when Farrell said he wanted a versatile player when someone asked him if Vlad would be the next one called up...

Bob Loblaw
06-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Happy to see it. Once Kelly Johnson is able to play second base regularly again, it'll be nice to see Yan Gomes replace Omar Vizquel in the line-up.

Can Gomes play 2nd at all? If not maybe they should move Lawrie back there for a few games with Gomes at 3rd, cuz ya i dont like Vizquel in the lineup on a daily basis.

mtf
06-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Can Gomes play 2nd at all? If not maybe they should move Lawrie back there for a few games with Gomes at 3rd, cuz ya i dont like Vizquel in the lineup on a daily basis.

I didn't see the game last night but I was under the impression Kelly Johnson was DH'ing in Encarnacion's absense, and Vizquel was playing second.

I'd rather see Johnson back at 2nd, and Gomes at DH, assuming Kelly Johnson is physical able to play second base.

BlueJayFanDan
06-06-2012, 12:08 PM
I liked what I saw from Gomes before. He's not flashy or anything, but he is a solid hitter. I like having him on the big club.

Bob Loblaw
06-06-2012, 12:34 PM
I didn't see the game last night but I was under the impression Kelly Johnson was DH'ing in Encarnacion's absense, and Vizquel was playing second.

I'd rather see Johnson back at 2nd, and Gomes at DH, assuming Kelly Johnson is physical able to play second base.

ya obviously Johnson at 2nd and Gomes DH would be the best, just has long has his hamstring is healed.

LuckyLuke2
06-06-2012, 01:07 PM
I really am happy he's back he deserves to stay.

Who would have thought that Gomes and Cooper would be on the team come June? Pretty awesome to see both guys doing well. I like having both up right now.

LuckyLuke2
06-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Speaking of which, is Johnson still got the hamstring problem?

bomber0104
06-06-2012, 01:29 PM
obvious move, we need another bat

Dol-Fan
06-06-2012, 02:21 PM
I liked what I saw from Gomes before. He's not flashy or anything, but he is a solid hitter. I like having him on the big club.

What? He is all flash and not a solid hitter. The guy has awesome hits at times but it's because he swings at ****ing everything. He's pretty much the epitome of poor hitter.

Toxeryll
06-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Gomes is meh...

wagnall
06-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Seems the logical move, we could use another bat. Don't want to see Cooper moved off 1st., so I guess if EE is back, Gomes is on the bench, if not then use him at DH as I see no reason Johnson won't be back at 2nd tonight.

wagnall
06-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Has Gomes ever played LF. :)

darius
06-06-2012, 07:46 PM

I'd rather have Gomes up than Vlad.

I say, like Cooper, play Gomes until he cools down. There is an outside chance that he will not cool down and continue to be a legit impact bat the whole season and beyond.

On the topic of Gomes, someone on SN, maybe Zaun, made the point that Gomes swing, the set up, is too complicated and will have to be streamlined for him to have success in the majors. I dunno, look at Youkilis. His swing, the set up portion anyway, is crazy.