PDA

View Full Version : So I told you guys, we've the wrong coach.....still hoping?

dnewguy
06-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Told you guys, we've a guy that cannot adjust....he just wings it and hopes it work.....doubt me yet?

naps
06-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Spo has no fault. Coaches have no control in games.

Spo = Riley or Pop or Jackson or Red. Just as good.

devilsheat25
06-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Spo can't get back on defense.

gotoHcarolina52
06-06-2012, 01:43 AM
It's the Dan Gilbert Comic Sans Curse!

WadeCounty
06-06-2012, 02:16 AM
At least I know I was one of the few that said all along spoelstra was terrible both in the win/lose and never took back my word. I just can't stand the fans that call you crazy for saying such a thing but there is a difference between being a realist and a down right blind homer. In every thread tonight all I have read is the coach doesn't take the shots, the coach isn't the one running back on defense, and the list goes on. I'll tell you what, the coach is the one that draws up the play for that shot, and the coach is the one that is supposed to light a fire under his players and if they don't respond because all they are doing is whining to the refs, whine from the bench so there is someone out there actually running back on defense.

naps
06-06-2012, 02:27 AM
At least I know I was one of the few that said all along spoelstra was terrible both in the win/lose and never took back my word. I just can't stand the fans that call you crazy for saying such a thing but there is a difference between being a realist and a down right blind homer. In every thread tonight all I have read is the coach doesn't take the shots, the coach isn't the one running back on defense, and the list goes on. I'll tell you what, the coach is the one that draws up the play for that shot, and the coach is the one that is supposed to light a fire under his players and if they don't respond because all they are doing is whining to the refs, whine from the bench so there is someone out there actually running back on defense.

Oh how I love you...

Reading this post makes me feel like it's my own...

And I am one of the few as well who has been saying this all year long.

They also say Carslile didn't out-coach Spo because if LeBron played good enough we would have won (Which is true) but they don't realize we were too talented for the Mavs and were heavily favored purely based on our supreme talents over the Mavs. Had LeBron played upto his standards and we ended up winning it would still be the same: Carslile was the better coach. I can't remember when I last saw an actual play drawn by the coach after a timeout that helped us get a momentum shift. And when was the last time coach drew a smart play in the last seconds to tie or win the game? All we see Wade/LeBron ISO in the clutch, dribbles the ball to burn down the clock and jack up/passes it to scrubs in the buzzer.

shep33
06-06-2012, 02:37 AM
Laker fan here. I don't think it's fair to put it on Spo (at least all of it). You guys have no bigs, it's such a weakness. KG is a good player don't get me wrong, but he shouldn't be this dominant. The Celts are just lobbing it into him, and he's just taller than anyone enabling him to get a easy buckets...

Don't have to blow it up. Find a half-*** center and you'll be fine. Series isn't over yet either.

gotoHcarolina52
06-06-2012, 02:43 AM
Laker fan here. I don't think it's fair to put it on Spo (at least all of it). You guys have no bigs, it's such a weakness. KG is a good player don't get me wrong, but he shouldn't be this dominant. The Celts are just lobbing it into him, and he's just taller than anyone enabling him to get a easy buckets...

Don't have to blow it up. Find a half-*** center and you'll be fine. Series isn't over yet either.

That's part of the problem. Fronting worked against Carmelo and against the Pacers and, because of it, Erik Spoelstra feels it will work against anyone. His lack of adjustments are leaving this fan base bewildered for the second consecutive year.

shep33
06-06-2012, 02:57 AM
That's part of the problem. Fronting worked against Carmelo and against the Pacers and, because of it, Erik Spoelstra feels it will work against anyone. His lack of adjustments are leaving this fan base bewildered for the second consecutive year.

I have to admit, fronting him is beyond ridiculous, especially if you aren't going to apply ball pressure or nobody is going to help from behind. I think your probably right. You want KG to try and back you down and score, not give him wide open layups and jumpers.

Edit: Your guy's defense wasn't bad either, you only gave up 94. Offensively LBJ got really cold. Started 6-8 didn't he? Just not much firepower after him and Wade.

3ballbomber
06-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Wow, 2 seasons since Beasley left and cats still blaming Spo for EVERYTHING! You have the star players, even could afford role players like Battier and Miller and still Spo is to blame!?!

Guess what? when you have 3 max contracts and can't afford to address 3+ seasons lingering issues at 2 crucial spots those gaping holes are always going to bite you in the butt.............

..........When i used to post on here i stated how no real contender would have a player like Chalmers as their starting point guard. He is lucky to be a back up on any other team. Miami never had the money to upgrade so Riley kept taking chances on him. Although he has improved some what (not enough for 3 seasons of being spoon fed the pg starting role) he is more a shooting guard than anything else. Too much of a bone head to be a true PG and can't orchestrate a team if his life depended on it. To add to this your Center is Anthony - a player who probably wouldn't see the light of day on any other contending team. How does Miami expect to win ships w/ these 2 representing the point and center positions.

Miami didn't need another Wade they needed to address these on going issues to balance out the team. Instead everybody got excited w/ having Lebron who is just another version of Wade but with no post up moves, more ball dominating and a frail mind at pressure times.

Miami could still win game 6 and take the series but Coach Spo is not the problem here. Miami isn't a real basketball team. It is manufactured into one but it lacks depth, balance. And Wade needs to reinstate himself as it's leader rather than handing to somebody just to give him confidence.

dnewguy
06-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Wow, 2 seasons since Beasley left and cats still blaming Spo for EVERYTHING! You have the star players, even could afford role players like Battier and Miller and still Spo is to blame!?!

Guess what? when you have 3 max contracts and can't afford to address 3+ seasons lingering issues at 2 crucial spots those gaping holes are always going to bite you in the butt.............

..........When i used to post on here i stated how no real contender would have a player like Chalmers as their starting point guard. He is lucky to be a back up on any other team. Miami never had the money to upgrade so Riley kept taking chances on him. Although he has improved some what (not enough for 3 seasons of being spoon fed the pg starting role) he is more a shooting guard than anything else. Too much of a bone head to be a true PG and can't orchestrate a team if his life depended on it. To add to this your Center is Anthony - a player who probably wouldn't see the light of day on any other contending team. How does Miami expect to win ships w/ these 2 representing the point and center positions.

Miami didn't need another Wade they needed to address these on going issues to balance out the team. Instead everybody got excited w/ having Lebron who is just another version of Wade but with no post up moves, more ball dominating and a frail mind at pressure times.

Miami could still win game 6 and take the series but Coach Spo is not the problem here. Miami isn't a real basketball team. It is manufactured into one but it lacks depth, balance. And Wade needs to reinstate himself as it's leader rather than handing to somebody just to give him confidence.

If Coaches don't matter how come the Bulls fired Vinny? You made the argument against Spo.....we are essentially playing as if we have Beasley and not Lebron James. Everyone says Miami doesn't have this, doesn't have that but what team is complete? Why can't we use what we have to our advantage? that is what a coach is for and btw I have been banned 3 times for writing in a Bulls forum and what you just did is called baiting, I will like to see if your biased Bulls mods will apply the same standards to you.

justinnum1
06-06-2012, 10:39 AM
If Coaches don't matter how come the Bulls fired Vinny? You made the argument against Spo.....we are essentially playing as if we have Beasley and not Lebron James. Everyone says Miami doesn't have this, doesn't have that but what team is complete? Why can't we use what we have to our advantage? that is what a coach is for and btw I have been banned 3 times for writing in a Bulls forum and what you just did is called baiting, I will like to see if your biased Bulls mods will apply the same standards to you.

Blaming the coach for everything is for weak and pathetic. Is it spos fault lebron choked last year in the finals? Im sure you will say yes. Is it spos fault wade does not hustle back on defense? im sure you will say yes. Is it spos fault lebron pulls a disappearing act in 4th qtrs? im sure you will say yes.

Our players deserve the blame here, especially wade. He is my favorite player but he is either very injured and should not be playing or he just doesnt give a ****. But he is the leader of this team and doing a horrible job.

kozelkid
06-06-2012, 10:46 AM

Blaming the coach for everything is for weak and pathetic. Is it spos fault lebron choked last year in the finals? Im sure you will say yes. Is it spos fault wade does not hustle back on defense? im sure you will say yes. Is it spos fault lebron pulls a disappearing act in 4th qtrs? im sure you will say yes.

My two cents, but yes. Part of a coach's job is to motivate his players. There is absolutely no reason for Wade to still jog back on defense in the PLAYOFFS no less.Same with getting Lebron to be more aggressive in the fourth. I'm not too impressed with his x's and o's on offense, but as a motivator or a coach who demands respect, the dude is terrible.You underestimate how important of a component for a coach that is. That's why Phil Jackson and Red Auerbach are two of the greatest coaches.

blade151
06-06-2012, 11:23 AM
My two cents, but yes. Part of a coach's job is to motivate his players. There is absolutely no reason for Wade to still jog back on defense in the PLAYOFFS no less.Same with getting Lebron to be more aggressive in the fourth. I'm not too impressed with his x's and o's on offense, but as a motivator or a coach who demands respect, the dude is terrible.You underestimate how important of a component for a coach that is. That's why Phil Jackson and Red Auerbach are two of the greatest coaches.

:clap:

Not paying Bosh is dumb given his stats. At least play him when KG is out! Riley would never tolerate the consistent whining of call and not getting back on defense. This is on Spo, we need to stop standing around on offense and watching the Big 2 do their thing.

Mambo Kings
06-06-2012, 11:59 AM
What I saw last night was typical: a bunch of whiny babies crying to the officials, joggers slow to get back on transition defense, playground superstar-wannabes playing ISO ball on offense, and not a single offensive set in sight. Wing it, baby. Wing it. "We da Heatles! We r awesum, guyz!". Hollywood as hell and softer than toilet paper.

Mambo Kings
06-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Coaches don't matter...when you have awful coaches.

Teachers don't matter...when you have awful teachers.

For those who still defend Spo' despite everything your eyes reveal, have you ever known or believed in the concept of a good coach? Same question, but in regards to your education. Do you also believe teachers are irrelevant, that it's merely the students' job to learn? After all, the teacher can't take the test for them, can't study for them. If schools are failing in America, if graduates can't read or do simple math, it's the fault of the students - not the teachers.

:facepalm:

naps
06-06-2012, 05:27 PM

Stop trolling.

All your Miami Heat related posts have hate on LeBron. Go back to Bulls forum.

naps
06-06-2012, 05:47 PM

Thank you Kozel.

It's astounding how these people underrate the importance of a coach. If your players don't respect you, you can't coach them. Spo demands no respect from LeBron and Wade. I have nothing against Spo and he seems like a fantastic person. He has tried everything he knew but a video coordinator can only do so much. He was given way too much to handle.

Just a few examples:

Wade has been double teamed since game 2. Spo couldn't find a way to make them pay for doubling Wade every time he touches the ball. Don't tell me it's not coaches job.

Two of his starting centers in previous two games didn't see the floor last night.

Did he call a timeout during 15-1 run? I don't think so. Why do you have the timeouts for if you don't use them stop the bleeding?

His rotations? Robotic. No in-game adjustments. For instance, Wade comes off the floor ~3 left in the 1st no matter what..even if he's red hot. Why?

When was the last time he draw a smart and quick play in the last seconds to tie or win the game? What we see in last 15 secs Wade or LeBron dribbling, dribbling, and dribbling around the teeth of the defense to burn the clock down, finally pulls up a nearly impossible jumper or pass it to UD in the buzzer.

As for respect, I don't remember Wade playing lazy under Riley. You really think Riley would allow Wade whine after every missed layup and not get back on D? Spo tried to call Wade out once in Indiana series and we all saw what happened. Wade could NEVER showed that physical attitude with someone like Riley. That was out of complete disrespect; In other words, Spo doesn't have it to command.

3ballbomber
06-07-2012, 04:19 AM

baiting? you're kidding right?

3ballbomber
06-07-2012, 04:22 AM
Stop trolling.

All your Miami Heat related posts have hate on LeBron. Go back to Bulls forum.
baiting and trolling? jeez....it's called an opinion. I couldn't have been more mature in my post. Why do you consider everything against the grain of your own personal thoughts to be 'trolling', 'hating' and 'baiting'. Grow up please.

All i addressed was the gaping holes in the 1 & 5 spot and how that makes Miami not balanced. I also addressed the thin bench and how Lebron is essentially the same as Wade. Are these not all facts? These factors i feel are the reasons Miami struggle in the playoffs. Just my opinion - you can debate w/ me or continue to think i'm trying to harm you in some way it's your choice.

LGhost
06-07-2012, 05:35 AM
This was written for the NBA forum game thread but after seeing how long it was - it probably belongs in here somewhere ------

There is no "what Miami needs to do" it is too late for experiment... They need to take their ***** out there and win the game and then they need to do it again before they can "try Bosh out" or see if Turiaf should start or whatever the **** they are trying to figure out.

Now when their backs aren't against the wall, I think what they should have done is

Run plays for the ****ing team around the stars to get them involved (in the game) mentally so that they also can feel the desire to win and have a little bit of emotion.
I feel you can't just have a cast of 10 players and 7 of them all share the same role, which is, "play defense and if one of our stars passes you the ball then you need to bail them out and knock the shot down." Naw see, they need to have every one do a pick and roll and they need to run screens for every jump shooter, they need to give Joel Anthony and Turiaf opportunities to take someone in the post and if they miss, at least they will feel like part of the game.

Let Bosh be the main guy getting points in beginning (along with the 7 other players), run hella post ups and pick and pops with him (from Chalmers)... Occasionally run a play for LeBron & Wade. Then late in the 2nd quarter, get LeBron going so that he will be in the game come the 3rd quarter, let him be the playmaker in the 3rd (along with the 7 other players), then at the end of the 3rd, wake Wade up, let Wade be that guy in the 4th quarter (IF you even will need him to) along with the other 9 players.

The Heat are too damn panicky, they don't take advantage of having 3 superstars. They just abuse them... You don't need superstars to stay in the game, you need execution and defense, the superstars are for when you are executing well but shots aren't falling and for closing out the game.. Instead, they get down 1 point, "GIVE THE BALL TO LEBRON LEBRON LEBRON" take a 10 point deficit and focus on executing for your team.

You can't have those other 7 players just be spot up shooters or tip in big men, they just won't feel involved and have consistency, and their effort on defense will be lacking.

Take the Bulls for example, each player on our team has had numerous good games, we always give each of our players a chance to shine in EACH and every game, the superstar is there to make sure they all have this opportunity without letting the game get away from them.

With the Heat, they have 3 superstars - they should be focused on getting the others involved.

Since that is mostly likely not going to happen, just let LeBron shoot for the first 3 quarters and Wade take over the 4th and pray that it works out...

I swear this Heat team has been disappointing since joining, I was expecting a straight thrashing day in and day out, a perfect record season wouldn't have surprised me. That all ended once I seen the coach's face. I hope y'all do get a better coach, I would love to see this Heat team kill the NBA (only because they are capable) - sadly though, that's not going to happen - no coach could get on grip on this team after two years of this carefree partying that's been going on and the ones that stand a chance, they just won't do it

HeatCheck69
06-07-2012, 06:14 AM
We aren't playing for each other. That's the problem

HeatCheck69
06-07-2012, 06:18 AM
This was written for the NBA forum game thread but after seeing how long it was - it probably belongs in here somewhere ------

There is no "what Miami needs to do" it is too late for experiment... They need to take their ***** out there and win the game and then they need to do it again before they can "try Bosh out" or see if Turiaf should start or whatever the **** they are trying to figure out.

Now when their backs aren't against the wall, I think what they should have done is

Run plays for the ****ing team around the stars to get them involved (in the game) mentally so that they also can feel the desire to win and have a little bit of emotion.
I feel you can't just have a cast of 10 players and 7 of them all share the same role, which is, "play defense and if one of our stars passes you the ball then you need to bail them out and knock the shot down." Naw see, they need to have every one do a pick and roll and they need to run screens for every jump shooter, they need to give Joel Anthony and Turiaf opportunities to take someone in the post and if they miss, at least they will feel like part of the game.

Let Bosh be the main guy getting points in beginning (along with the 7 other players), run hella post ups and pick and pops with him (from Chalmers)... Occasionally run a play for LeBron & Wade. Then late in the 2nd quarter, get LeBron going so that he will be in the game come the 3rd quarter, let him be the playmaker in the 3rd (along with the 7 other players), then at the end of the 3rd, wake Wade up, let Wade be that guy in the 4th quarter (IF you even will need him to) along with the other 9 players.

The Heat are too damn panicky, they don't take advantage of having 3 superstars. They just abuse them... You don't need superstars to stay in the game, you need execution and defense, the superstars are for when you are executing well but shots aren't falling and for closing out the game.. Instead, they get down 1 point, "GIVE THE BALL TO LEBRON LEBRON LEBRON" take a 10 point deficit and focus on executing for your team.

You can't have those other 7 players just be spot up shooters or tip in big men, they just won't feel involved and have consistency, and their effort on defense will be lacking.

Take the Bulls for example, each player on our team has had numerous good games, we always give each of our players a chance to shine in EACH and every game, the superstar is there to make sure they all have this opportunity without letting the game get away from them.

With the Heat, they have 3 superstars - they should be focused on getting the others involved.

Since that is mostly likely not going to happen, just let LeBron shoot for the first 3 quarters and Wade take over the 4th and pray that it works out...

I swear this Heat team has been disappointing since joining, I was expecting a straight thrashing day in and day out, a perfect record season wouldn't have surprised me. That all ended once I seen the coach's face. I hope y'all do get a better coach, I would love to see this Heat team kill the NBA (only because they are capable) - sadly though, that's not going to happen - no coach could get on grip on this team after two years of this carefree partying that's been going on and the ones that stand a chance, they just won't do it this

the life
06-07-2012, 06:58 AM
It is hard to be a coach for a team with two superstars and no PG.
Heat's coach has limited options. You need to run plays for one or the other of your two stars. Do you see Chalmers running a play for Haslem while Lebron and Wade are both on the flour? I don't. This is why the Heat are predictable and if you have the resources you can stop them from scoring.

A PG like Nash would make the life of the heat's coach a lot better. You let Nash run the show instead of trying to run a two men show. You need a PG that gets the respect of Wade and Lebron the way Rondo gets the respect of KG and PP.

dnewguy
06-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Joel Anthony has been our best hustle, defensive and rebounder in the playoffs so far, in game 5....he didn't play a minute. Just like last finals, James Jones our best shooter didn't play a second.......Spoelstra is garbage, he is confused.

justinnum1
06-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Joel Anthony has been our best hustle, defensive and rebounder in the playoffs so far, in game 5....he didn't play a minute. Just like last finals, James Jones our best shooter didn't play a second.......Spoelstra is garbage, he is confused.

lol, wade>you would be saying the same thing if joel did play, that he is garbage and spo sucks for playing him.

naps
06-07-2012, 12:57 PM
baiting and trolling? jeez....it's called an opinion. I couldn't have been more mature in my post. Why do you consider everything against the grain of your own personal thoughts to be 'trolling', 'hating' and 'baiting'. Grow up please.

All i addressed was the gaping holes in the 1 & 5 spot and how that makes Miami not balanced. I also addressed the thin bench and how Lebron is essentially the same as Wade. Are these not all facts? These factors i feel are the reasons Miami struggle in the playoffs. Just my opinion - you can debate w/ me or continue to think i'm trying to harm you in some way it's your choice.

You said Miami should not have gotten LeBron just because they had Wade? Are you suggesting Pat Riley should have said "NO" to best basketball player on the planet who was a 2 time defending MVP, didn't even enter his prime, and only 25 years old? You know your team or any team would have an orgasm if LeBron decided to go there, right? This is the epitome of trolling.

Jay16
06-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Should'nt this be lumped in with the rest of the Fire Spo threads the droogies come up with everytime we lose a game ? Can that be done. It's like clockwork we lose a game , fire Spo, we win a game, we have the best players.

It's amazing how many people think coaching wins and loses games at this level.

Well there are people eating other peoples faces so I guess Miami is the perfect spot for that mentality.

Jay16
06-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Thank you Kozel.

It's astounding how these people underrate the importance of a coach. If your players don't respect you, you can't coach them. Spo demands no respect from LeBron and Wade. I have nothing against Spo and he seems like a fantastic person. He has tried everything he knew but a video coordinator can only do so much. He was given way too much to handle.

Just found this hilarious, before Riley coached the Lakers he was in the broadcast booth, and I'm pretty sure I heard he was also the travelling assistant. He had less credentials than Spo did. But , I guess he went to a team that didn't have any superstars ....like Magic.

Also, where did Riley's respect go when he went he posted a 15 win season ?

Mambo Kings
06-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Just found this hilarious, before Riley coached the Lakers he was in the broadcast booth, and I'm pretty sure I heard he was also the travelling assistant. He had less credentials than Spo did

Guy, do you even know who Pat Riley is? What an athlete he was? Where he developed his knowledge of the game? From being a perennial First Team All-SEC player under the legendary Adolph Rupp, to contributing toward an NBA championship with the Lakers coming off the bench, this guy lived the game. To say he entered his job with less credentials than Spo' is ridiculous, hilarious in fact. Spo' fetched laundry and sandwiches for the Heat; awesome. Oh, and he arranged some videotape when he got the chance. He was, and still remains, a classic administrative stiff.