PDA

View Full Version : Spoelstra time-outs

dnewguy
06-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Why do we take time-outs? it's not like we ever score out of them.

dnewguy
06-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Doc take time-outs, he comes back with dunks, Spo take time-outs we come back with bricks or a turn-over......convinced yet that he isn't a coach? or do you need another season?

Slug3
06-05-2012, 11:22 PM
I like them, I get to leave for bathroom breaks and I also know nothing will change.

heattiltheend94
06-05-2012, 11:27 PM
i was more pissed with him not taking a timeout when boston went on that 15-1 run

naps
06-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Well, he takes timeout to tell the players "Everyone stay active!" This is huge. How many coached can say that?

naps
06-05-2012, 11:28 PM
i was more pissed with him not taking a timeout when boston went on that 15-1 run

Good coaches don't take timeouts when the opposing team is on a run, specially in the playoffs...didn't you know :confused:

justinnum1
06-05-2012, 11:34 PM
spo is pissing me off, but our players just are not hat good. lebron 2pts in final 8 minutes, must be spos fault.

wade is a ghost in teh first half, must be spos fault.

who should coach the team?

Slug3
06-05-2012, 11:43 PM
spo is pissing me off, but our players just are not hat good. lebron 2pts in final 8 minutes, must be spos fault.

wade is a ghost in teh first half, must be spos fault.

who should coach the team?

Dude come on. I agree on the above. But Spo has no idea what he is doing. Got out coached last Finals and is getting killed here again. He has not made a single adjustment. Hes adjustments are changing the starting units. I mean he started Pitt one game against Indiana.

justinnum1
06-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Dude come on. I agree on the above. But Spo has no idea what he is doing. Got out coached last Finals and is getting killed here again. He has not made a single adjustment. Hes adjustments are changing the starting units. I mean he started Pitt one game against Indiana.

yea he got outcoached in the finals, but he would be wearing a ring if lebron didnt have that epic choke, im all for a new coach, but how about some players that play like they want the damn ring. jogging back on D? are you ****ing serious?

naps
06-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Joel was a starter in game 4 and he didn't see the floor in game 5.

#Spo'sDgoat!

MakaSizzle
06-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Vinny Del Negroishhhh

ouchh!

Jemikz9Clutch
06-06-2012, 12:38 AM
my sig tells it all why. it's the reason why i dont change it. /thread LOL

gotoHcarolina52
06-06-2012, 01:41 AM
Jemikz9Clutch wins. :clap:

Thanks for playing.

MadBomber
06-08-2012, 02:20 PM

he's taking a page out phil jackson's zen book, "players need to learn how to figure it out themselves"...hahaha :rolleyes:

MadBomber
06-08-2012, 02:21 PM
I like them, I get to leave for bathroom breaks and I also know nothing will change.

ditto...haha

justinnum1
06-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Spo did a nice job on timeouts last night i thought. All the adjustments were made pre game, with all the switching we did on D which really worked out well. But every time it felt like boston was about to go on a run spo called a timeout.

Slug3
06-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Spo did a nice job on timeouts last night i thought. All the adjustments were made pre game, with all the switching we did on D which really worked out well. But every time it felt like boston was about to go on a run spo called a timeout.

you know how much I rip on this guy. but I feel when Boston would make a run he was really good with calling a timeout to stop their momentum.

dnewguy
06-08-2012, 03:41 PM
you know how much I rip on this guy. but I feel when Boston would make a run he was really good with calling a timeout to stop their momentum.

I agree that some timely time-outs were helpful lastnight but out of the 7 time-outs Spo took, we took jump shots coming out and going 1-7fg.....why can't he draw up a easy play for once?

Mambo Kings
06-08-2012, 04:17 PM
I wish Spoelstra would take a permanent timeout and spend more time with his family :p

h2r09
06-08-2012, 04:48 PM
I agree that some timely time-outs were helpful lastnight but out of the 7 time-outs Spo took, we took jump shots coming out and going 1-7fg.....why can't he draw up a easy play for once?

he is actually regarded by many of the commentators as one of the best coaches in the league at drawing up plays out of timeouts.

you can't be good at taking timeouts one day and bad the next. the true story here is that his timeouts are meaningless and that his timeouts are "good" or "bad" depending on how the PLAYERS execute out of them. it is up to the players to make the coaches look good. they are mostly meaningless.

justinnum1
06-08-2012, 05:01 PM
I wish Spoelstra would take a permanent timeout and spend more time with his family :p

keep wishing