PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Garnett this postseason

Lakersfan2483
06-04-2012, 03:25 PM
How impressed have you all been with Kevin Garnett's postseason perfomance thus far when you consider the fact that he is 36 yrs old and still averaging 20 and 10 a night which doesn't even factor into his stellar defense and overall impact on wins and losses? For example, his impact on the game in the series against Miami is quite impressive when you look at how many pts his team gives up with him on the bench as opposed to him being on the court. Thoughts?

69centers
06-04-2012, 03:33 PM
He knows he's close to another title and he wants it bad. He seems to be in the best health since his first year with us. He has dusted off moves in these playoffs he hasn't used in years.

Hawkeye15
06-04-2012, 03:34 PM
He is most responsible, individually, for the Celtics getting this far. He is playing very well while Pierce has stunk it up some and Ray-Ray has been trying to nurse his injury back to normal.

King41
06-04-2012, 03:42 PM
epic playoffs from him nice to see it

thekmp211
06-04-2012, 05:11 PM
He is most responsible, individually, for the Celtics getting this far. He is playing very well while Pierce has stunk it up some and Ray-Ray has been trying to nurse his injury back to normal.

without going on to a certain topic, let's temper this business.

what i will say is he is lauded for his defense, and still may be the most underrated defender in the league. the dude does everything on that end and has kept us in games when the offense sputters.

Hustlenomics
06-04-2012, 05:14 PM
hopefully this doesn't get moved to the comparison forum

Hawkeye15
06-04-2012, 05:14 PM
without going on to a certain topic, let's temper this business.

what i will say is he is lauded for his defense, and still may be the most underrated defender in the league. the dude does everything on that end and has kept us in games when the offense sputters.

Your second paragraph is exactly WHY I say he is the most individually responsible player for the Celtics success this postseason.

Hawkeye15
06-04-2012, 05:15 PM
hopefully this doesn't get moved to the comparison forum

Well, its about one player only. It shouldn't get moved.

PLAYERS FAN
06-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Better than Gasol!

thekmp211
06-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Your second paragraph is exactly WHY I say he is the most individually responsible player for the Celtics success this postseason.

two sides of the ball man. i won't go any further cause there's clearly some politics going on here. pretty unreal.

jp611
06-04-2012, 05:28 PM
KG has been a beast this postseason, I know he's a punk on the court and all but I've always loved his game and I loved how he tried to make things work in Minnesota before going elsewhere to win a ring... Great player and first ballot hall of famer

Hawkeye15
06-04-2012, 05:30 PM
two sides of the ball man. i won't go any further cause there's clearly some politics going on here. pretty unreal.

KG has been their #2 player offensively, yes. But his defensive impact is so underrated imho. Its not as if he is so far below Rondo offensively in these playoffs that its a bold statement I am making. Take away Rondo's crazy game he played, IN A LOSS, and its even closer.

But yes, I understand you are not trying to take it off topic, though it is a thread about KG, and the NBA forum is really good about staying on topic. :facepalm:

Hawkeye15
06-04-2012, 05:32 PM
I would like to give a shout out, I used my first facepalm on post # 37,326!

:bow:

NYMetros
06-04-2012, 05:32 PM
His defense is unbelievable, physically he looks darn close to how he was in 08. Pretty amazing considering you're supposed to regress as you get older, but he's much better now than he was in '10 and '11. I never thought he'd get back to this level after the knee injury in Utah a few years ago.

thekmp211
06-04-2012, 05:34 PM
KG has been their #2 player offensively, yes. But his defensive impact is so underrated imho. Its not as if he is so far below Rondo offensively in these playoffs that its a bold statement I am making. Take away Rondo's crazy game he played, IN A LOSS, and its even closer.

But yes, I understand you are not trying to take it off topic, though it is a thread about KG, and the NBA forum is really good about staying on topic. :facepalm:

hawk man, wtf?

why does one opinion on one player make so many intelligent posters turn into jerks?

honestly dude. the irony is KG is my favorite player ever.

i'm allowed to challenge your (childishly articulated) opinion. sorry.

Sportfan
06-04-2012, 05:37 PM
I am really interested to see how KG and Duncan's play puts them when ranking the top big men in the league

Hawkeye15
06-04-2012, 05:37 PM
hawk man, wtf?

why does one opinion on one player make so many intelligent posters turn into jerks?

honestly dude. the irony is KG is my favorite player ever.

i'm allowed to challenge your (childishly articulated) opinion. sorry.

wait, what? I wasn't trying to piss you off haha. Sorry if I did. Of course you can challenge my opinion, I simply got the feeling you were trying to keep this thread about KG, in which you did a better job than me I suppose.

thekmp211
06-04-2012, 05:39 PM
wait, what? I wasn't trying to piss you off haha. Sorry if I did. Of course you can challenge my opinion, I simply got the feeling you were trying to keep this thread about KG, in which you did a better job than me I suppose.

lol alright. its all good. i strive for pure topicness at all times duhhh :cool:

Hawkeye15
06-04-2012, 05:39 PM
wait, thekmp211, you read it wrong. I was facepalming the NBA forum, saying they never take things off topic. Not you.

My bad. Seriously, I didn't mean it that way. You are a very good poster whom I have a lot of respect for, why would I reserve my very first facepalm for you?

bigsams50
06-04-2012, 05:41 PM
What he has done has been unbelievable this postseason. I wish he never got injured, Boston would have multiple rings. But that was already discussed in another thread. I wonder if his great play will make him want to come back next year

Hustlenomics
06-04-2012, 05:42 PM
this playoffs

KG
WS = 2.2
WS/48 = .166

Rondo
WS= 2.6
WS/48 = .186

Pierce
WS= 2.0
WS/48 = .143

thekmp211
06-04-2012, 05:45 PM
wait, thekmp211, you read it wrong. I was facepalming the NBA forum, saying they never take things off topic. Not you.

My bad. Seriously, I didn't mean it that way. You are a very good poster whom I have a lot of respect for, why would I reserve my very first facepalm for you?

thats why i was like huh?? i thought we were bros bro!!!!!!

its all good. the forum does indeed deserve a palm at some times.

Super.
06-04-2012, 05:49 PM
this playoffs

KG
WS = 2.2
WS/48 = .166

Rondo
WS= 2.6
WS/48 = .186

Pierce
WS= 2.0
WS/48 = .143

I gotcha, using win shares when they support Rondo. Before it was stats don't tell the whole story, now that they support Rondo...well hell, lets use them!

Your so cute it's adorable

Chronz
06-04-2012, 06:24 PM
this playoffs

KG
WS = 2.2
WS/48 = .166

Rondo
WS= 2.6
WS/48 = .186

Pierce
WS= 2.0
WS/48 = .143

The Celtics this playoffs

With KG+Rondo they are +9.8

With Rondo and no KG they are -20.5

With KG and no Rondo they are +7.0

Rondo on the court the C's are +3.3, without him they are +0.3. Without Rondo the offense gos bad but they defend better.

With KG on the court the C's are +12.4 without him they are -28.4. Without KG the offense gos bad but the defense gos to ****.

The Celtics have also won a game without Rondo even playing.

Therefore, given their similar individual stats, KG's defensive intangibles make him the Celtics CLEAR CUT MVP.

bagwell368
06-04-2012, 06:49 PM
The Celtics this playoffs

With KG+Rondo they are +9.8

With Rondo and no KG they are -20.5

With KG and no Rondo they are +7.0

Rondo on the court the C's are +3.3, without him they are +0.3. Without Rondo the offense gos bad but they defend better.

With KG on the court the C's are +12.4 without him they are -28.4. Without KG the offense gos bad but the defense gos to ****.

The Celtics have also won a game without Rondo even playing.

Therefore, given their similar individual stats, KG's defensive intangibles make him the Celtics CLEAR CUT MVP.

Clearly, if one looks at the season as a whole KG > RR easily which makes RR's 8th place MVP the obvious fashion/trend statement it was. Even the majority of the celts board voted KG over RR - which begs the question - do you (hnomics) ever see around that agenda of yours?

Sportfan
06-04-2012, 06:59 PM
I don't like this Rondo on/off number, Rondo's been playing about 90% of the game his durability has to count for something

bagwell368
06-04-2012, 07:10 PM
I don't like this Rondo on/off number, Rondo's been playing about 90% of the game his durability has to count for something

Rondo got a lot of rest earlier this season since he missed 20% of his regular season games and a game off in the playoffs to boot....

Hustlenomics
06-04-2012, 07:48 PM
I gotcha, using win shares when they support Rondo. Before it was stats don't tell the whole story, now that they support Rondo...well hell, lets use them!

it's just funny that we haven't been using that stat anymore in the post season

Hawkeye15
06-04-2012, 08:02 PM

You don't like it because it doesn't support your claim? KG and Rondo are comparable in win shares, PER, OFF/DEF rating, etc. But the +/- shows that the C's are fine without Rondo on the floor, but get beat up badly with KG sitting.

In order of importance to the Celtics this postseason:

KG
Rondo
Pierce

Hawkeye15
06-04-2012, 08:07 PM
I feel like with Rondo, you either come off as a nutjob supporter or a hater.

Let me clarify my stance/evaluation of Rondo.

Elite PG. Has a severe scoring limitation, but can work in many/most scenarios and be a lead PG on a championship team. Very good defender. Great in the passing lanes. Great rebounder for the position. Only a few others have equivalent passing skills.

But to me, his complete lack of scoring limits the amount of contributions he has over the long haul, ie, a whole season. Sure he has 10-20 game stretches that blow you away, but then he answers with a 15 game stretch of not playing all that well.

There are clearly 3-4 guys better. And there are arguably another 2-3 better at his position.

Great player, PG, and a guy I would love on my team. But my god, he isn't, won't, hasn't been, the top PG in the league at any time. Not even top 4 over the course of a season.

He is the most overrated and underrated player on this board. Both of them.

Hawkeye15
06-04-2012, 08:08 PM
to make matters worse, I have a bad feeling that I will be the nutjob supporter of Rubio in 4 years, when he is doing exactly what Rondo is doing now, only with better FT%.

69centers
06-04-2012, 10:06 PM

Maybe if you go by +/-, but I consider it too subjective a stat. Last season in a playoff win against the Knicks, Jermaine O'Neal was our best player on the court shooting 6 for 6 with 12 points, 4 blocks, and 4 boards, and getting them at critical times in the game. He was a team worst -11.

In this same game, Big Baby Davis shot 1 for 8 with 2 points, 0 for 2 in FT's, with 2 turnovers in 25 minutes, yet he was a team high +13. He nearly cost us the game with his horrible play, yet he's +13 and our MVP of the game was a -11.

It's a completely irrelevant stat vs. what really goes on in the actual game for each individual player.

bagwell368
06-04-2012, 10:17 PM
I feel like with Rondo, you either come off as a nutjob supporter or a hater.

Let me clarify my stance/evaluation of Rondo.

Elite PG. Has a severe scoring limitation, but can work in many/most scenarios and be a lead PG on a championship team. Very good defender. Great in the passing lanes. Great rebounder for the position. Only a few others have equivalent passing skills.

But to me, his complete lack of scoring limits the amount of contributions he has over the long haul, ie, a whole season. Sure he has 10-20 game stretches that blow you away, but then he answers with a 15 game stretch of not playing all that well.

There are clearly 3-4 guys better. And there are arguably another 2-3 better at his position.

Great player, PG, and a guy I would love on my team. But my god, he isn't, won't, hasn't been, the top PG in the league at any time. Not even top 4 over the course of a season.

Pretty nice write up, but let me add:

1. takes too many risks for steals - result, out of position to play D, and possibly the player being defended is on the way to the hoop.

2. same for o rebounding. He might be a good o rebounder for a PG, but he is not a great O rebounder. While he is busy chasing those boards many times the player he was covering releases up floor for a breakaway or at least a 3 on 2.

3. the Celts are a poor o rebounding team. Every reboundable miss Rondo has is more likely than an average O rebounding team to turn into a change of possession (IE TOV).

4. Does not drive to the basket as much as he did in 2008-2010. Could be to avoid being crushed and put on the FT line. If he doesn't drive much and doesn't shoot very well, then he basically has to pass all the time to justify his minutes. Since other teams know he isn't a triple or double threat, they can drop his defender back to cover passing lanes, double, sneak away in transition, etc.

5. Requiores his teammates to pick up his scoring slack, and do so with additional D pressure on them in some way. 3 HOF players with great offensive skill can do it. How will he do with more run of the mill players to work with? His shooting efficiency has gotten worse since 2008-2010 - not better - so the trend doesn't help.

He's a good fit with his current team. But a Westbrook or Curry could be a much better fit in a few years.

69centers
06-04-2012, 10:18 PM
But the +/- shows that the C's are fine without Rondo on the floor, but get beat up badly with KG sitting.

And in my game referenced above, it looked like we got killed when JO was on the floor and we were tearing opponents apart when Big Baby was out there bricking 1 of 8. Again, completely irrelevant stat and a very weak argument considering how bad I just blew this stat apart with a clear cut example of how NOT to use it as a guide to judge anyone on the court.

angel001
06-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Perseverance is victory
http://www.utone.info/jpg1

Hawkeye15
06-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Pretty nice write up, but let me add:

1. takes too many risks for steals - result, out of position to play D, and possibly the player being defended is on the way to the hoop.

2. same for o rebounding. He might be a good o rebounder for a PG, but he is not a great O rebounder. While he is busy chasing those boards many times the player he was covering releases up floor for a breakaway or at least a 3 on 2.

3. the Celts are a poor o rebounding team. Every reboundable miss Rondo has is more likely than an average O rebounding team to turn into a change of possession (IE TOV).

4. Does not drive to the basket as much as he did in 2008-2010. Could be to avoid being crushed and put on the FT line. If he doesn't drive much and doesn't shoot very well, then he basically has to pass all the time to justify his minutes. Since other teams know he isn't a triple or double threat, they can drop his defender back to cover passing lanes, double, sneak away in transition, etc.

5. Requiores his teammates to pick up his scoring slack, and do so with additional D pressure on them in some way. 3 HOF players with great offensive skill can do it. How will he do with more run of the mill players to work with? His shooting efficiency has gotten worse since 2008-2010 - not better - so the trend doesn't help.

He's a good fit with his current team. But a Westbrook or Curry could be a much better fit in a few years.

Agree with all of this. I am simply trying to come away as a neutral fan, since I am criticized as a Rondo hater here.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2012, 12:02 AM
And in my game referenced above, it looked like we got killed when JO was on the floor and we were tearing opponents apart when Big Baby was out there bricking 1 of 8. Again, completely irrelevant stat and a very weak argument considering how bad I just blew this stat apart with a clear cut example of how NOT to use it as a guide to judge anyone on the court.

A single stat argument? Agreed. But there are a ton of stats that show Rondo's value over the past 5 years.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-05-2012, 12:59 AM
He's playing well, but I feel a lot of his success is because of Rondo. You put an Avery Bradley or Keyon Dooling on the court with KG, and I guarantee it'll be tougher for the big fella to generate that offense by himself at his age.

Chronz
06-05-2012, 01:26 AM
Maybe if you go by +/-, but I consider it too subjective a stat.
Nothing subjective about it.

Last season in a playoff win against the Knicks, Jermaine O'Neal was our best player on the court shooting 6 for 6 with 12 points, 4 blocks, and 4 boards, and getting them at critical times in the game. He was a team worst -11.

Thats because it was 1 game, no statistician uses +/- that way. You seriously dont think there is clear correlation to Wade-Bron struggling when an anchor like Hibbert/KG are in the game and them going nuts when nobody is around to protect the paint? LMFAO ok bro, Ill take the opinion of actual statisticians over your unsubstantiated one. +/- matters, especially if the player is backing it with individual stats on top of a growing sample size that proves this to be no fluke, and anyone with a single workable eye can see KG passes the snuff test. The defense has been **** without KG.

It's a completely irrelevant stat vs. what really goes on in the actual game for each individual player.

Its far from irrelevant, but I would agree that both are important. Thats why KG having the individual numbers on top of the team influence to support his stature paints him as the clear cut MVP.

What REALLY GOS ON IN THE GAME, is that the Celtics defense gos to **** without KG, Im sorry if you dont want to see it but you cant expect us share your ignorance. What really went on in the playoffs is that the Celtics were able to win a game without Rondo. What really gos on is that Rondo has NOWHERE NEAR the defensive impact for his team that KG does.

Therefore, if both are strong statistically you take the player who provides the GREATEST IMPACT. Intangibles are by definition impossible to quantify but we do have stats that hint at their existence. If you dont want to believe KG is that influential to the teams defense then be my guest, just dont expect any rational person to agree with you.

Chronz
06-05-2012, 01:28 AM
He's playing well, but I feel a lot of his success is because of Rondo. You put an Avery Bradley or Keyon Dooling on the court with KG, and I guarantee it'll be tougher for the big fella to generate that offense by himself at his age.
LOL same thing holds for Rondo, he finds it harder without KG too.

The real difference is the team cant afford to play without KG, they simply cannot protect the rim at a championship level if KG isnt out there. Rondo doesnt have anywhere near that kind of 2-way impact.

Chronz
06-05-2012, 01:29 AM
I dont like your estimations but of course it does, but the fact that they were able to win a game without Rondo even playing and are UNABLE to defend without KG means more.

b@llhog24
06-05-2012, 01:58 AM
this playoffs

KG
WS = 2.2
WS/48 = .166

Rondo
WS= 2.6
WS/48 = .186

Pierce
WS= 2.0
WS/48 = .143

You're using an advanced stat? :speechless:

Lmao this.

:cheers:

69centers
06-05-2012, 06:44 AM
Nothing subjective about it.

Thats because it was 1 game, no statistician uses +/- that way. You seriously dont think there is clear correlation to Wade-Bron struggling when an anchor like Hibbert/KG are in the game and them going nuts when nobody is around to protect the paint? LMFAO ok bro, Ill take the opinion of actual statisticians over your unsubstantiated one. +/- matters, especially if the player is backing it with individual stats on top of a growing sample size that proves this to be no fluke, and anyone with a single workable eye can see KG passes the snuff test. The defense has been **** without KG.

Its far from irrelevant, but I would agree that both are important. Thats why KG having the individual numbers on top of the team influence to support his stature paints him as the clear cut MVP.

What REALLY GOS ON IN THE GAME, is that the Celtics defense gos to **** without KG, Im sorry if you dont want to see it but you cant expect us share your ignorance. What really went on in the playoffs is that the Celtics were able to win a game without Rondo. What really gos on is that Rondo has NOWHERE NEAR the defensive impact for his team that KG does.

Therefore, if both are strong statistically you take the player who provides the GREATEST IMPACT. Intangibles are by definition impossible to quantify but we do have stats that hint at their existence. If you dont want to believe KG is that influential to the teams defense then be my guest, just dont expect any rational person to agree with you.

In my one game sample, JO was the best player on both ends of the floor, yet ended up with a -11. I don't care if you use a larger sample size, that -11 is going to negatively and inaccurately impact the larger number. Just as the +13 is going to inaccurately inflate Big Baby's +/- over a larger number of games. It's not an accurate stat in the NBA and it has many detractors.

bagwell368
06-05-2012, 06:51 AM
Agree with all of this. I am simply trying to come away as a neutral fan, since I am criticized as a Rondo hater here.

I figured. I'd have been burned at the stake in earlier times for being a heretic for telling the truth.

bagwell368
06-05-2012, 07:12 AM
In my one game sample, JO was the best player on both ends of the floor, yet ended up with a -11. I don't care if you use a larger sample size, that -11 is going to negatively and inaccurately impact the larger number. Just as the +13 is going to inaccurately inflate Big Baby's +/- over a larger number of games. It's not an accurate stat in the NBA and it has many detractors.

Then the concept of mean, average, outlier, bell curve either mean nothing to you or you don't understand them.

Nobody should stick to one stat or only stats when judging a player. For instance there is a psd poster that blows rondo's horn for every good or better game - but nothing on his weak games - a true fanatic. But for people that seek to objectively view a player, it's ridiculous to look at things in such a limited fashion. Either single stats/trait will always lead to an incomplete or straight false conclusion.

Rondo isn't near elite on average. He is at times. That's not good enough for people to label him elite. When these people stop hoisting him is when I drop it. Of course his childish behavior is a big problem too, and from a supposed future leader of the celts it is a grave issue.

theheatles
06-05-2012, 07:33 AM
if he was doing it against bosh, maybe it's something to make a thread about but what he's doing under the circumstances isn't impressive

basketfan4life
06-05-2012, 08:03 AM
if he was doing it against bosh, maybe it's something to make a thread about but what he's doing under the circumstances isn't impressive

oh, boy.

Chavacano
06-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Healthy KG = beast. :nod:

:clap:

bagwell368
06-05-2012, 09:40 AM

Kg faced some pretty good bigs in his earlier Series. Kg has dominated bosh when healthy. Bosh's offense in particular the next 1+ games after a short layoff could well be down. We'll see. I'll take the top 15 hof player over the weak sister of that big three.

Sly Guy
06-05-2012, 11:08 AM
KG's an ***. But he's been beast so far. Still, without Rondo, the C's are nowhere this year.

Chronz
06-05-2012, 12:54 PM

BTW Jermaine had a differential of +6.7, Glen Davis was -5.0 when you consider the playoffs last year.

Nothing you say will prevent +/- from being an adequate tool to measure team influence. Its why the Mavs gave their +/- guru a ring for his troubles.

Chronz
06-05-2012, 01:00 PM

Thats like saying we should ignore what Boston has done altogether

NJBASEBALL22
06-05-2012, 02:05 PM
This is exactly why I have been on record of saying I would take KG (and Duncan) over Melo. He knows how to play, effects how his team plays on both sides, and his defense and rebounding.

popo85
06-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Rivers was calling him 20 and 10 before the playoffs started trying to get him to be more aggressive, guess it worked out great. Avg 19 and 11 so far in the playoffs

LongIslandIcedZ
06-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Thats like saying we should ignore what Boston has done altogether

I think thats what he wants

Bos_Sports4Life
06-05-2012, 02:48 PM

:laugh:

Thats something ive always said haha

xnick5757
06-05-2012, 03:17 PM

this kind of. rondo has had to play against lebron, wade, and chalmers. KG has been playing against haslem and turiaf

xnick5757
06-05-2012, 03:20 PM
This is exactly why I have been on record of saying I would take KG (and Duncan) over Melo. He knows how to play, effects how his team plays on both sides, and his defense and rebounding.

melo actually is a decent defender, almost the same level as pierce

Chronz
06-05-2012, 03:55 PM
melo actually is a decent defender, almost the same level as pierce

**** no

Chronz
06-05-2012, 03:59 PM
this kind of. rondo has had to play against lebron, wade, and chalmers. KG has been playing against haslem and turiaf
Both Rondo and KG have been the focus of their defense, if you cant see the symbiotic relationship the 2 have then your blind. KG has feasted on the smaller Heat as a result they are doing whatever they can to limit his touches and when ever they do Rondo usually finds himself with an open route to the rim or an easy assists.

The Heat have tried to ignore Rondo and focus on KG, then when he torches them they have tried to put Bron on him, then that leaves Pierce with a weaker matchup etc... the Celtics have always won on the strength of their well rounded squad, its a pick your poison type of thing. The real difference is that KG is the defensive anchor, no way getting around it. All evidence we have suggests the Celtics falter without KG more than without any other player.

Chronz
06-05-2012, 11:27 PM
KG once again proving his greatness

nastynice
06-06-2012, 12:42 AM
I dont like kg, but he has been beasting it this year. Pretty damn impressive for a 36 yr old. Gotta give it up

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-06-2012, 12:48 AM
I hate when I have to give props to players I hate! But this man deserves it. WOW! 17 years in the league and still playing like this. That is awesome. But Lebron is still going to take them out. I hope...... :pray:

Lakersfan2483
06-06-2012, 12:58 AM
KG has been great all postseason, what he's doing is remarkable considering his age and the no. of yrs he's been in the NBA. He had another great game tonight, especially on the defensive end of the floor. He's anchoring Boston's defense.

Lakersfan2483
06-06-2012, 01:00 AM
9th game from KG with 20 plus pts and 10 plus boards....... The man has been sensational.

knicks4life33
06-06-2012, 01:12 AM
kg is my favorite player in the league . i hated that he went to boston but the way he approaches the game and plays with so much energy on both ends and brings emotion with the game you gotta love it and i only wish the players on my team would have that killer instinct as most fans would as well.

greg_ory_2005
06-06-2012, 03:00 AM
KG has just been stellar. Another great game tonight for him.

NBAFan2012
06-06-2012, 03:03 AM
KG has been great this series and if they find a way to beat The Heat he will go down as one of the best ever. Yes the Celtics lack depth, but have you guys seen the negative impact when he is on the bench? Besides defense, he makes clutch jumper after jumper, after free throw after free throw, he has been doing this for a long time and I wouldnt mind seeing KG get one more ring. Lucky team whoever gets him next year.

Bulls_fan90
06-06-2012, 03:31 AM
Him and Rondo have been amazing this post season.

jam
06-06-2012, 03:47 AM
Garnett, Rondo and J Lin are the 3 most entertaining players to watch in today's assoc'n.

majestic
06-06-2012, 03:52 AM
he is still a dirty player no matter how good he is playing

JKiddFan4Life
06-06-2012, 09:05 AM
I definitely became a KG fan overnight. Not necessarily because they beat the Heat, but because of how many times KG literally pulled Pietrus back into the Boston huddles. KG believes in his team, and he's going to make sure that every one of his teammates is on the same page. This is something that this current Heat team is definitely lacking, an Alonzo Mourning type player.

khaleesi
06-06-2012, 09:15 AM
KG don't got sperm in the sacks, he got napalm cuz he is flaming everyone.

NSJ
06-06-2012, 09:29 AM
The heat need kg to player coach if they ever want to win it lol

bigsams50
06-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Heat should go after KG in the offseason lol

King41
06-06-2012, 11:50 AM
:clap: big postseason from him. :clap:

Rain City
06-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Very possible the best player in the post season. One of the greatest players ive had the priveledge to watch. When you have an athlete who has tremendous God given ability and he over achieves, you get KG.

thekmp211
06-06-2012, 02:46 PM
it gives me chills watching him play like this, i need him and duncan to meet in the finals. need.

AIRMAR72
06-06-2012, 03:21 PM
KG is doing it and looking good playing with fire and passion(garnett style) midrange has been on auto thru-out the post but lets be honest its RONDO who makes everything runs like a machine this unit with coach rivers are BEST comeback team in any pro sport that ive seen they shut you down in last 2minutes paul(almost finish) but runs on high octane ray(finish) kevin(could play 2-3yrs)

Bos_Sports4Life
06-06-2012, 05:16 PM
KG is doing it and looking good playing with fire and passion(garnett style) midrange has been on auto thru-out the post but lets be honest its RONDO who makes everything runs like a machine this unit with coach rivers are BEST comeback team in any pro sport that ive seen they shut you down in last 2minutes paul(almost finish) but runs on high octane ray(finish) kevin(could play 2-3yrs)

KG has been more of a value Than Rondo...

His defensive impact is through the roof, 92 DRtg this playoffs..Basically playing vintage garnett level defense

thekmp211
06-06-2012, 05:18 PM
it's no disservice to rondo's play to call KG more impactful.

rangy big men have such an incredible defensive impact. KG was still a great starting big man just because of that, and then he went back and rediscovered is offensive aggression. that guy, imo as i've mentioned here before, is the best 4 to ever play. so it's not a diss to say rondo isn't playing as well as him.

Lil Rhody
06-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Love how he stared at the camera and was like **** all y'all calling us old and slow how bout 3-2 ya *****h assss

Chronz
06-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Your not being honest, the team is more efficient ON BOTH ENDS, if KG is out there.