PDA

View Full Version : Is Paul Pierce serious?

zeppelin6601
06-04-2012, 03:05 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8006122/2012-nba-playoffs-miami-heat-lebron-james-think-fouled-out

The article is about LeBron's opinion on fouling out, which he thought was bull (can't say I can argue with him there). What caught my attention was Pierce's comments on the whole subject:

"It was very frustrating, but it's gratifying when you see the other star player foul out.... So it kind of evened up the playing field."

"It's not often that he plays against top small forwards in the league, also. There's only a few of us who give you that aggressive scoring, between me, Carmelo (Anthony), and (Kevin) Durant, so he gets a lot of nights off."

What the hell is Pierce talking about? The playing field is not even when Lebron is taken out. Pierce WAS a great SF, now he's an old one who can still have his moments. In the series the guy has shot 5-18, 8-19, 7-21, and he was 8-18 before he fouled out. If anything you could argue that Pierce fouling out was beneficial for the C's. Plus Lebron doesn't just guard SF's, he covers EVERYONE. If I didn't know any better I could swear Pierce is a regular on the PSD forums. I hope to God we beat these guys so they can just shut the F up.

Bring The Heat
06-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Pierce is an idiot... He's not even half a good as LeBron or ever was as a matter of a fact

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-04-2012, 03:29 PM
lol they talk so much crap. its annoying

eboy60
06-04-2012, 04:53 PM
I Cant Wait When We End Ray, KG, & ****** Pierce Careers By Winning These Next 2 Games !!!

heattiltheend94
06-04-2012, 05:01 PM
no problem with Allen, but Pierce and especially Garnett have been pissing me off the past two years

Mambo Kings
06-04-2012, 05:02 PM
For three straight games, they've given the Heat all they can handle, winning the last two. Miami (i.e. Spoelstra) has no answers. Doc is schooling him once again. Boston is talking smack because they're earning the right to do it.

FreakaNashur
06-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Heat win game 5 and everything changes.

Mambo Kings
06-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Heat win game 5 and everything changes.

Only if they win it convincingly. It won't change anything if they manage another lucky win like they had in Game 2. They'll just go back to Boston and get crushed again. Except for Game 1, where Boston wasn't fresh due to their emotional Game 7 win over the 76ers, the Celtics have owned the Heat. Now I hear Spoelstra is so desperate and confused he's taking Bosh out of the sick bed and throwing him on the court for Game 5. Talk about panic mode.

justinnum1
06-04-2012, 05:33 PM
maybe if our players actually play hard from tip off we will win. Its not about spo or anuything else. Boston scored 61pts in the first half, then 31 pts in the 2nf half. thats all about our energy on the defensive end.

Mambo Kings
06-04-2012, 05:42 PM
maybe if our players actually play hard from tip off we will win. Its not about spo or anuything else. Boston scored 61pts in the first half, then 31 pts in the 2nf half. thats all about our energy on the defensive end.

Well, Spo' is obviously not reaching them. Yes, they're getting owned, but where's the general to rally his troops? Our coach looks dazed half the time, with those stupid, wide eyes and look of panic at all times. He's still trying to learn his job, meanwhile our team is getting steamrolled. But hey, let's wheel Chris Bosh out and -that- will fix it :facepalm:

SteBO
06-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Well, Spo' is obviously not reaching them. Yes, they're getting owned, but where's the general to rally his troops? Our coach looks dazed half the time, with those stupid, wide eyes and look of panic at all times. He's still trying to learn his job, meanwhile our team is getting steamrolled. But hey, let's wheel Chris Bosh out and -that- will fix it :facepalm:
If simply being in the Eastern Conference Finals isn't enough to "rally" us, then we were doomed from start bud. Sorry.....the blame Spo act is getting really old, really fast.

justinnum1
06-04-2012, 06:36 PM
If simply being in the Eastern Conference Finals isn't enough to "rally" us, then we were doomed from start bud. Sorry.....the blame Spo act is getting really old, really fast.

yep

naps
06-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Pierce is great but he's nowhere near LeBron. STFU!

The more I watch Doc Rivers coach the more I feel how great he's as a coach. A complete BOSS.

FreakaNashur
06-05-2012, 01:28 AM
Only if they win it convincingly. It won't change anything if they manage another lucky win like they had in Game 2. They'll just go back to Boston and get crushed again. Except for Game 1, where Boston wasn't fresh due to their emotional Game 7 win over the 76ers, the Celtics have owned the Heat. Now I hear Spoelstra is so desperate and confused he's taking Bosh out of the sick bed and throwing him on the court for Game 5. Talk about panic mode.making excuses for boston i see.

MadBomber
06-05-2012, 04:30 AM
Dumb comment by Pierce.

MadBomber
06-05-2012, 04:32 AM
There's an old proverb that goes: "Think before you speak" otherwise you just look like fool.

ReBirthofNumber81
06-05-2012, 07:05 AM
Pierce says hes in the category of Melo and Durant??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pierce hasn't been talked about as an MVP canidate in 7 plus years HAHAHAHAHA

Pierce claims he's the reason Lebron Fouled out? Due to his "great" D. Dude you give up 30 plus every game to LBJ

AKRON SAYS SORRY PAUL.... especially after tonight...

I have been around LBJ since highschool. He will kill these boys tonight i assure you

theheatles
06-05-2012, 09:51 AM
pierce is delusional

BULLSFAN0810
06-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Pierce is an idiot... He's not even half a good as LeBron or ever was as a matter of a fact

You smoking cat food.. Pierce kills james all the time. He is the few that can go bucket for bucket with james. He constantly drops daggers on james.. He is called the Truth for a reason.. Don't diss HOF ers game .. Argue the skill vs skill, but recognize pierce is great.. Otherwise us who say the game will read your post and think your a dumb fan without i.q and hating.