PDA

View Full Version : Bosh back for game 5

justinnum1
06-04-2012, 01:07 AM
According to multiple sources, the Heat are hoping to activate Chris Bosh for Tuesday's Game 5 if he doesn't suffer a setback in workouts over the next two days. Bosh declined to discuss his status following the Heat's 93-91 overtime loss to the Boston Celtics on Sunday, which tied the series at 2-2.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8005896/2012-nba-playoffs-chris-bosh-miami-heat-return-game-5-according-sources

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-04-2012, 01:16 AM
tomhaberstroh Tom Haberstroh
.@WindhorstESPN reports that unless there's a setback, expect Chris Bosh to be activated for Gm 5

yup.

gotoHcarolina52
06-04-2012, 01:28 AM
@EthanJSkolnick

One concern 4 Heat staff was how he would make quick movements required for actions like closing out. And he had been alleviating concerns.

justinnum1
06-04-2012, 01:29 AM
saw that too, but its kind of confusing, closing out would put stress on the area but is it saying that he showed in practice that its not an issue?

either way, he wont be 100% but he will be a threat out there and thats what we need.

Jemikz9Clutch
06-04-2012, 01:46 AM
some may say it's about time but i felt that it's like, right on schedule. If we want bosh to play good at the finals (once we reach the finals), i think he needs two games to shake of that rust.

Master Mind
06-04-2012, 01:47 AM
Numb that bad boy

justinnum1
06-04-2012, 01:51 AM
Numb that bad boy

that would not be a good idea lol, if he feels pain he needs to stop and come out, dont want him to play through pain and tear it.

Master Mind
06-04-2012, 01:55 AM
that would not be a good idea lol, if he feels pain he needs to stop and come out, dont want him to play through pain and tear it.

:p

I know. Very difficult injury to survey. I expect him to play timid at first and probably loosen up as the game goes on when he realizes that KG is a bigger bich than he is.

stawka
06-04-2012, 02:47 AM
Excellent. Could mean less shots for Wade now!

Go Heat!!

514_HEAT
06-04-2012, 10:24 AM
time to finish this series off!

gotoHcarolina52
06-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Heat can't up match up big-man-for-big-man

It is obvious that the Heat have been at a clear disadvantage underneath the basket since Bosh has been sidelined. Going against trees like Roy Hibbert and Kevin Garnett, the Heat have struggled to overcome the size in the paint. Believe it or not, the Heat have actually been outscored when those 7-footers have anchored the court since Bosh went down.

Check out these postseason numbers (Note: Hibbert's numbers are post-Game 1 after Bosh's injury):

Miami's score margin, Garnett on the floor: -19 in 153 minutes (-6.0 per 48 mins).
Miami's score margin, Garnett off the floor: +25 in 49 minutes (+24.5 per 48 mins).

Miami's score margin, Hibbert on the floor: -30 in 166 minutes (-8.7 per 48 mins).
Miami's score margin, Hibbert off the floor: +60 in 74 minutes (+38.9 per 48 mins).

Now let's put it all together:

Miami's score margin with Garnett/Hibbert on: -49 in 319 minutes (-7.4 per 48 mins).
Miami's score margin with Garnett/Hibbert off: +85 in 123 minutes (+33.2 per 48 mins).

Let that marinate for a second. Ever since Bosh has been in street clothes, the Heat have been outscored by 7.4 points every 48 minutes with the opposing elite 7-footer on the floor. But when they go to the bench, the Heat feast like starving vultures. With Hibbert and Garnett of the floor, the Heat are blowing out the competition by an average of 33.2 points every 48 minutes.

That is a swing of 40 points. That is also absurd.

What this tells us is that the Heat haven't been able to figure out how to deal with the 7-footer yet. The reality is that they have just been incredibly opportunistic when Garnett and Hibbert check out of the game. James and Wade have rabidly attacked when the reserves check in. But when the opposing team has their anchor patrolling the paint, they just haven't consistently found answers. Actually, they're just getting by.

Loading up on James and Wade

Have you noticed that every time James or Wade turns the corner on offense, there's Garnett waiting for them in the paint? That right there is the Bosh effect. Like Hibbert in the last series, Garnett has played like a free safety on the court, roaming off his man and blowing up every action toward the rim.

Not only does Bosh bring offensive firepower, but he draws his defender away from James and Wade to do their dirty work. Against the offensively-deficient Ronny Turiaf and Joel Anthony, Garnett simply has no reason to guard them in the halfcourt. As a result, we're seeing James and Wade's efficiency plummet as Garnett is able to wall off the paint and force jump shot after jump shot.

Wade, especially, is having a hard time dealing with the Bosh on the bench. The Celtics' game plan has been clear: double Wade at every opportunity and encourage him to take jumpers. Wade's shooting percentage has eroded quickly in each game from 62 percent in Game 1 to 53 percent in Game 2 to 45 percent and finally to 32 percent in Game 4 and it's no coincidence that he's often settling for jumpers.

Looking at his numbers in NBA.com's stats tool, we find that 56 percent of Wade's shots come inside the paint when Bosh is on the floor in the playoffs and he's making those shots at a scorching 76 percent clip. When Bosh has sat, those numbers tumble; only 51 percent of his shots come in the paint and his conversion rate plummets to 61 percent. When we talk about Bosh's ability to draw defenders, it's not just a made-up cliche. There's hard evidence that easy looks are harder to come by when he's sitting.

Bosh, the floor-spacer

When you look at Miami's numbers with and without Bosh here in the playoffs, the biggest thing that jumps out is not the rebounding or their 3-point percentage. With Bosh on the floor, the Heat shoot an above-average 38 percent from downtown. When he's benched, that percentage drops to a putrid 31 percent. Might not seem like much, but when you're dealing with a shot that delivers three points on the scoreboard, every percent counts.

Why the big drop-off? It could be just random noise, but if you think about it, we would expect the Heat to shoot better from downtown with more minutes going to James Jones, Mike Miller and Shane Battier, right? Not the case. With Bosh in street clothes, the opposing perimeter defenders are able to stick on shooters without consequence as Garnett doubles up on Wade and James. The Heat could just be on a cold streak, but it also might be true that they're just not getting better looks on the perimeter.

This is one of the reasons why Erik Spoelstra has called Bosh the most vital player on the Heat's roster. Without him, it throws the whole offensive spacing off. The 3-point shooters can't shake their defender as easily and the Heat's dynamic duo can't pierce (no pun intended) the Celtics' defense as easily. Overall, the offense hasn't experienced a monster drop-off because of James and Wade's superhuman outings, but they can't keep going 2-on-5 against a defense like Boston's. Without 3-point shooting, the Heat can't survive.

With a healthy 6-foot-11 Bosh in the fold, the Heat's attack can be stabilized again. The question is, will he be healthy? The truth is we don't know for sure; heck, the Heat don't even know. But one thing's for sure: Bosh was speaking the truth when he told ESPN.com recently, "I need this team just like they need me."

Bosh better find himself a cape, because it's time to rescue the Heat.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/14590/chris-bosh-to-the-rescue

------------------------------------

@MrsAdrienneBosh (https://twitter.com/MrsAdrienneBosh/status/209660003647365121)

Time to get back to work :)

:rock:

MiamiBoy77
06-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Great Read!!!

MTL_123
06-04-2012, 01:22 PM
im happy that hes back but we dont need him to beat boston if we play defense we win game 3 we let them score 28pts every Q and last game we let them score 61 by half time. All we need to do is play defense thats it.

all i know is in the first 5mins of the game is all i need to know if we need bosh or not if were playing defense then we dnt need him if were not getting anystops and playing defense like game 2-3-4 then play him.

Toronto_Fan
06-04-2012, 01:39 PM
some may say it's about time but i felt that it's like, right on schedule. If we want bosh to play good at the finals (once we reach the finals), i think he needs two games to shake of that rust.

LOL At your signature.
That is major league gold right there.

Bring The Heat
06-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Anyone believe this series would of definitely been over with had a healthy Bosh been playing?

Rain 816
06-04-2012, 03:09 PM
in the words of WWE's Daniel Bryan...Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-04-2012, 03:34 PM
bosh is the tallest player on our squad so those lob passes wont work. and they have been sayin that bosh was ready 10 days agom but u know how it is with spo and inuury recoveries. for more reference, look at game 3 ecf 2010-11

Mambo Kings
06-04-2012, 04:56 PM
If Bosh is actually ready to go, his injury was a fraud. No way the guy is ready to perform at the level required in these playoffs, if he did in fact suffer the abdominal strain as initially reported. The Heat are playing with fire, risking further injury to Bosh out of desperation for something to change. If it's Spoelstra's call, he's a desperate idiot. If it's Riley's call, he's a desperate coward who refuses to place the blame for Miami's failures where it belongs (on the piss poor coaching). Either way, throwing Chris Bosh out there now is desperation at its ugliest.

justinnum1
06-04-2012, 05:32 PM
If Bosh is actually ready to go, his injury was a fraud. No way the guy is ready to perform at the level required in these playoffs, if he did in fact suffer the abdominal strain as initially reported. The Heat are playing with fire, risking further injury to Bosh out of desperation for something to change. If it's Spoelstra's call, he's a desperate idiot. If it's Riley's call, he's a desperate coward who refuses to place the blame for Miami's failures where it belongs (on the piss poor coaching). Either way, throwing Chris Bosh out there now is desperation at its ugliest.

lmao, how is it desperation to play bosh if he is ready?

Mambo Kings
06-04-2012, 05:38 PM

Like I said, he can't possibly be ready, if the injury report was true. I either believe the Heat made it seem worse than it was, and that doesn't make sense, or I acknowledge he's actually that hurt and they're desperate enough to put him on the court regardless because they've been getting owned in this series and Spoelstra has entered panic mode.

eboy60
06-04-2012, 05:41 PM

Yeah, And Bosh Said It Himself That He Was Ready 10 Days Ago

justinnum1
06-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Like I said, he can't possibly be ready, if the injury report was true. I either believe the Heat made it seem worse than it was, and that doesn't make sense, or I acknowledge he's actually that hurt and they're desperate enough to put him on the court regardless because they've been getting owned in this series and Spoelstra has entered panic mode.

How can you possibly know if bosh is ready or not? Do you have some inside info that no one else outside the heat organization does?

Or he was hurt, and is better now, to the point where he can play.

One thing is certain, you can not believe what the heat say.

If reports are true that bosh wanted to play 10 days ago(which is about the time he started doing workouts) than props to bosh for wanting to get out there and help us even when he wasn't ready, but 10 days later(now) he is ready. Will he be 100%, no.

I doubt spo has entered panic mode. If bosh is ready to play and spo doesn't play him then what?

Mambo Kings
06-04-2012, 05:49 PM
I love Chris Bosh; I just don't want to see him get hurt worse if they're rushing him out. Miami needs his passion because so far Wade hasn't shown much in this series and Lebron is like, "WTF did I leave Cleveland for?". Give me a day to let this sink in. Last night, during the game, the report was that Miami had "no timetable for Bosh's return". Now, all of a sudden, he's ready, and was ready a week and a half ago. Umm, what? Something stinks about this.

justinnum1
06-04-2012, 05:50 PM
I love Chris Bosh; I just don't want to see him get hurt worse if they're rushing him out. Miami needs his passion because so far Wade hasn't shown much in this series and Lebron is like, "WTF did I leave Cleveland for?". Give me a day to let this sink in. Last night, during the game, the report was that Miami had "no timetable for Bosh's return". Now, all of a sudden, he's ready, and was ready a week and a half ago. Umm, what? Something stinks about this.

If you know anything about the heat organization you know they dont let any info about injuries or anything. Its called being coy.

gotoHcarolina52
06-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Bosh's return is more coincidence than desperation, IMO. His injury occurred on May 13th and the estimated timetable for his return has been in the three-week range for a while now, which coincides with this week.

justinnum1
06-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Bosh's return is more coincidence than desperation, IMO. His injury occurred on May 13th and the estimated timetable for his return has been in the three-week range for a while now, which coincides with this week.

only people saying desperation are ****ing idiots. the guy is ready to come back.

mania03
06-04-2012, 10:28 PM

Heat organization never reveals such information. If you remember when Haslem was injured last year and everyone was wondering when he'd make a return in the playoffs - they held him out until the Heat ran into serious trouble. They always say things like that so it keeps the opponent in doubt of what to expect. I think its the right time, just bring him off the bench and see how that works out.

Master Mind
06-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Make or break time for Bosh in my opinion. He has to comeback; his fate is in the balance with the greater possibility of he being traded should the Heat not complete the mission.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-05-2012, 01:01 AM
Ehhh. I just dont think we need him to beat Boston. All we need to do is be in the game all 48 minutes, not just 24. We can dismantle them defensively if we put our heads into it.

All i need is the first 5 minutes of them game to know wether or not we're gonna win lol. If we are extremely active, even if were losing, i know eventually we are going to win.

heatfan03
06-05-2012, 06:43 AM
can't say this is a desperation move. We know he will be active most likely, but we don't know whether that means limited minutes and how limited

mrs rose
06-05-2012, 09:55 AM
well,
i think they did overplay the injury when it got wade out of his funk and the other role players played better. Mike miller, chalmers, haslem, and even j ant have played better to where bosh not only got rest, but also got to spend time with his wife and new born son. But with the task ahead we do need him, but we also needed the other guys to get their confidence and shooting together. Bosh is going to be needed but so are the other guys role in this series and hopefully the finals so i dont think like mambo it was a bad decision it was a win/win. being we beat indy whom has a better and younger frontline and we are in a tied series that could have been in the other direction with no issues.. Also i dont expect bosh to come and give 20-10. but he does make the other team make other decisions so that again is great.

i do agree with the lack of defense was an issue, but i think the main problem is that we letting boston play the game at their PACE. If we play our tempo basketball the only one that will be left on the floor that will be effective is rondo, but with his shooting i will take that any day of the week

Wade>You
06-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Hmmm, we don't need Bosh to win these games. This seems like an act of desperation and sends a vote of no confidence to the rest of the players.

justinnum1
06-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Hmmm, we don't need Bosh to win these games. This seems like an act of desperation and sends a vote of no confidence to the rest of the players.

:facepalm:

Of course we dont need bosh to win, but if he is ready to play, then he should play.

justinnum1
06-05-2012, 03:55 PM
goodman
Chris Bosh's masseuse collapsed and died at Bosh's Miami Beach home on Monday morning, according to police.

wow

Marlin234
06-05-2012, 05:03 PM
goodman

wow

i guess that massage didnt come with a happy ending.

Mambo Kings
06-05-2012, 06:22 PM
I didn't even consider how this will affect Spoelstra's rotations (which suck to begin with). I still think activating him for this game is a mistake. The Heat are confused and not playing as a team and trying to insert Bosh here or there, monitor Bosh and screw up other (healthy) players' minutes, in a critical, must-win game is a mistake. It's guaranteed he's not 100% and this injury has the potential to crop up on any single play. Whatever focus is drawn away from the rest of the team, the rest of the gameplan, to babysit what's happening with Bosh, is something we can't afford to give up. Only desperation would suggest it's the right move. Distractions of any kind are the last thing we need.

SteBO
06-05-2012, 06:23 PM
I didn't even consider how this will affect Spoelstra's rotations (which suck to begin with). I still think activating him for this game is a mistake. The Heat are confused and not playing as a team and trying to insert Bosh here or there, monitor Bosh and screw up other (healthy) players' minutes, in a critical, must-win game is a mistake. It's guaranteed he's not 100% and this injury has the potential to crop up on any single play. Whatever focus is drawn away from the rest of the team, the rest of the gameplan, to babysit what's happening with Bosh, is something we can't afford to give up. Only desperation would suggest it's the right move. Distractions of any kind are the last thing we need.
Or it could be that Bosh is healthier than you're giving him credit for and he can stop KG from starting campfires in the paint.....

MadBomber
06-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Game-time decision for Bosh. You guys think his minutes are going to be limited if he does play? Or do you think it's a tactic by the Heat to keep the Celtics on their toes as a surprise element?

justinnum1
06-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Game-time decision for Bosh. You guys think his minutes are going to be limited if he does play? Or do you think it's a tactic by the Heat to keep the Celtics on their toes as a surprise element?

very limited, like 10 minutes per half

Mambo Kings
06-06-2012, 08:02 PM
He was cleared by doctors to play 25 minutes. He only played 14.

...and Spoelstra didn't play him AT ALL in the 4th quarter. GG :facepalm: