PDA

View Full Version : Chris Broussard Poll on Big 3's

RealLiveBear
06-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Broussard seems to love polling NBA Execs after asking them who they would trade between Westbrook and Harden now he went at them asking about big 3's left in the NBA playoffs.

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
I polled 43 NBA execs & coaches, asking which is the best Big 3 left in playoffs (Mia, SA, OKC, Bos). 27 said Heat, 8 OKC, 6 SA, 2 Bos.

What do you guys think of the response he got? I kind of expected Miami to be at the top here but not by such a wide margin.

carson005
06-03-2012, 07:38 PM
I can't believe anybody voted for Boston's

Vinny642
06-03-2012, 07:39 PM
I honestly would choose the Spurs and Thunder big three over the Heat. and idk who is the big three of Bos, out of Rondo-Allen-Pierce-KG who is the odd man out?

justinnum1
06-03-2012, 07:40 PM
looks right to me, bosh has become so underrated on PSD

RLundi
06-03-2012, 07:44 PM
I might choose OKC's big 3 but def not anyone else's. And even that's a stretch. Wade and LeBron are 2 of the NBA's top 5 players (arguably). Durant is top 5 but I'm not sure if Westbrook is even top 10 and Harden is probably somewhere near him.

I'd choose the Heat trio as well.

godolphins
06-03-2012, 07:46 PM
But according to PSD, Miami only has a big two :confused:

Vinny642
06-03-2012, 07:47 PM
I might choose OKC's big 3 but def not anyone else's. And even that's a stretch. Wade and LeBron are 2 of the NBA's top 5 players (arguably). Durant is top 5 but I'm not sure if Westbrook is even top 10 and Harden is probably somewhere near him.

I'd choose the Heat trio as well.

I wouldn't say Wade is still a top 5 player, but i think i read the OP post wrong, i thought it was asking who are the best big 3 in the playoffs right now, not overall

Reversed86Curse
06-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Not sure how you can have a big 3 when one is hurt, so I'd go OK, BOS then SA

RLundi
06-03-2012, 07:54 PM
I wouldn't say Wade is still a top 5 player, but i think i read the OP post wrong, i thought it was asking who are the best big 3 in the playoffs right now, not overall

Third in efficiency, sixth in scoring, second in field goal percentage among guards, 5th in win shares per 48 minutes- I say you can absolutely make a case for top 5.

Vinny642
06-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Third in efficiency, sixth in scoring, second in field goal percentage among guards, 5th in win shares per 48 minutes- I say you can absolutely make a case for top 5.

His flopping and attitude, and his whining, and horrendous three point shooting takes him out for me.. you can make a case, but I think he is around 6-10

RLundi
06-03-2012, 07:58 PM
His flopping and attitude, and his whining, and horrendous three point shooting takes him out for me.. you can make a case, but I think he is around 6-10

Lol you just described Kobe, LeBron and Chris Paul but that wouldn't lesson their credentials.

Out of curiosity, who would you put above Wade?

GREATNESS ONE
06-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Um ok. I was just trying to say these awards mean nothing they need to be focused on winning the championship. But it's all just media hype and GM vote talk. Hard not to vote for the trio with the MVP on it. We'll see who has the best team when it's all said and done.

justinnum1
06-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Um ok. I was just trying to say these awards mean nothing they need to be focused on winning the championship. But it's all just media hype and GM vote talk. Hard not to vote for the trio with the MVP on it. We'll see who has the best team when it's all said and done.

But thats not what you originally said...

GREATNESS ONE
06-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Pretty much. I sarcastically congratulated Miami on winning the Championship but said oh wait; meaning, the team with the best trio doesn't automatically equate to champions. They have to play the game still but all good, not trying to stir anything up :)

Vinny642
06-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Lol you just described Kobe, LeBron and Chris Paul but that wouldn't lesson their credentials.

Out of curiosity, who would you put above Wade?

Yeah them three do that too, but all of them are better then Wade, well CP, idk, but Lebron and Kobe are way better

But my top5-

1. Lebron
2 Kobe/Durant
3.Durant/Kobe
4. Derrick Rose
5. Tim Duncan

Other mentions that are comparable to Wade...
Dwight, CP, Deron, Westbrook(maybe)

theheatles
06-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Not sure how you can have a big 3 when one is hurt, so I'd go OK, BOS then SA

LeBron, Wade and Chalmers is a better trio than anything boston can put out right now

beardown78
06-03-2012, 08:08 PM
looks right to me, bosh has become so underrated on PSD

+1 People tend to forget Bosh is A superstar top 2 or 3 pf in the game. If he was getting more shot attempts or a number 1 or 2 option his numbers would show he's an elite player but he's still putting up good numbers as the third option

Vinny642
06-03-2012, 08:12 PM
+1 People tend to forget Bosh is A superstar top 2 or 3 pf in the game. If he was getting more shot attempts or a number 1 or 2 option his numbers would show he's an elite player but he's still putting up good numbers as the third option

Didn't Lebron average 3 more rebounds than Bosh, and Bosh is like Miami's only big, he should be getting more.

justinnum1
06-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Didn't Lebron average 3 more rebounds than Bosh, and Bosh is like Miami's only big, he should be getting more.

Its the way he plays and the role he plays in miami's system. Bron and wade take away a lot of bosh's rebounds for one, but lets not overstate things. Bosh is a finesse player and not a brute PF. He is a top 4 PF.

RLundi
06-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Yeah them three do that too, but all of them are better then Wade, well CP, idk, but Lebron and Kobe are way better

But my top5-

1. Lebron
2 Kobe/Durant
3.Durant/Kobe
4. Derrick Rose
5. Tim Duncan

Other mentions that are comparable to Wade...
Dwight, CP, Deron, Westbrook(maybe)

Okay, respectable. But I have to disagree with Duncan. Like Charles Barkley said, this ain't no lifetime achievement award.

And it's interesting that you would choose Kobe ahead of Wade, with Kobe being noticeably worse than Wade in nearly EVERY single statistical category, except for scoring. I'm not outright disagreeing, but advanced metrics have proven that Kobe is a little overrated.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Bosh probably played a big factor in the margin between the Thunder and the Heat.

beardown78
06-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Put Bosh on the Bulls as a number two option and we're winning it all. Look at his numbers as a number 3 option mainly taking jump shots. I agree Bosh isnt a brute type power forward but he can score on the block

justinnum1
06-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Put Bosh on the Bulls as a number two option and we're winning it all. Look at his numbers as a number 3 option mainly taking jump shots. I agree Bosh isnt a brute type power forward but he can score on the block

Cant disagree with that.

Vinny642
06-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Okay, respectable. But I have to disagree with Duncan. Like Charles Barkley said, this ain't no lifetime achievement award.

And it's interesting that you would choose Kobe ahead of Wade, with Kobe being noticeably worse than Wade in nearly EVERY single statistical category, except for scoring. I'm not outright disagreeing, but advanced metrics have proven that Kobe is a little overrated.

I think Duncan is still the best true PF, he is still playing amazing

But the Kobe and Wade thing, Kobe can score at will, yes he does complain about every call or noncall like Wade, but you have to see that the Heat are made up of 2(or 3) players and then scrubs, so Wade is forced to step it up and that boosts his stats, Kobe is a better leader, a better scorer, and a better three point shooter.

And considering that Wade is a big part to the Heat as they dont got many options other than Lebron and Bosh, Wade's scoring should be higher.

RLundi
06-03-2012, 08:49 PM
I think Duncan is still the best true PF, he is still playing amazing

But the Kobe and Wade thing, Kobe can score at will, yes he does complain about every call or noncall like Wade, but you have to see that the Heat are made up of 2(or 3) players and then scrubs, so Wade is forced to step it up and that boosts his stats, Kobe is a better leader, a better scorer, and a better three point shooter.

And considering that Wade is a big part to the Heat as they dont got many options other than Lebron and Bosh, Wade's scoring should be higher.

Nowitzki, Love, Garnett, Gasol, Bosh off the top of my head all are better than Duncan. Duncan is still a good player, but not a top PF anymore.

Wade actually had a much lower usage rate than Kobe. Kobe averaged 6 more shots than Wade this past season, so Kobe is the one jacking up more shots--more inefficiently might I add-- and that's what boosts his stats. Kobe may be a better leader, scorer and 3 point shooter, but Wade is much more efficient, a better shooter, a better defender, a better passer and a better rebounder.

NYKnicks4511
06-03-2012, 09:13 PM
But according to PSD, Miami only has a big two :confused:

2 and a half men, yup.

Vinny642
06-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Nowitzki, Love, Garnett, Gasol, Bosh off the top of my head all are better than Duncan. Duncan is still a good player, but not a top PF anymore.

Wade actually had a much lower usage rate than Kobe. Kobe averaged 6 more shots than Wade this past season, so Kobe is the one jacking up more shots--more inefficiently might I add-- and that's what boosts his stats. Kobe may be a better leader, scorer and 3 point shooter, but Wade is much more efficient, a better shooter, a better defender, a better passer and a better rebounder.

LOL Kobe is a ballhog, we all know that, but Kobe is also a smarter player, and I think he is a way better all around shooter. I feel people who drive to the rim and blame the ref when there isnt a call, their skill takes a hit for me. I know Kobe does it alot, but Wade might be the worst of them all.

And the only reason Duncan's numbers aren't amazing is because he didnt play alot of minutes during the regular season, but as you seen in the playoffs, he was dominating.

lygy
06-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Hot gas http://www.wakue.info/jpg1

JasonJohnHorn
06-03-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm surprised it wasn't by a bigger margin. Let's face it, the Heat have the best big three. The reason the Spurs and OKC are so good isn't because they have a big 'three' at all, but because they have depth. And who is Boston's big three now? Rondo is their best player, so...

Miami easily has the best big three in the league. There isn't a team in the league that has three players better than Bosh, Wade and James. It's just the other pieces to the puzzle that Miami lacks.

yaswaggin
06-03-2012, 10:46 PM

LOL Kobe is a ballhog, we all know that, but Kobe is also a smarter player, and I think he is a way better all around shooter. I feel people who drive to the rim and blame the ref when there isnt a call, their skill takes a hit for me. I know Kobe does it alot, but Wade might be the worst of them all.

And the only reason Duncan's numbers aren't amazing is because he didnt play alot of minutes during the regular season, but as you seen in the playoffs, he was dominating.

Actually Duncan has cooled off a bit after a hot start in the playoffs

Duncan is not only not a top 5, but top 20 player in this league right now.

He had a solid season, but he's not 27 year old Duncan anymore. He doesn't score 20 and 10 on average anymore and his defense declined

Vinny642
06-03-2012, 10:52 PM

He had a solid season, but he's not 27 year old Duncan anymore. He doesn't score 20 and 10 on average anymore and his defense declined

Him or Bosh?

RLundi
06-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Him or Bosh?

Bosh, and honestly it isn't close.

RLundi
06-04-2012, 12:25 AM

It seems that personal opinion is your only rationale for asserting that Kobe is better when statistical analyses prove otherwise. I still think it's a toss-up but the amount of times a player complains to the refs doesn't make for a good argument for determining who's better.

Vinny642
06-04-2012, 02:18 AM
It seems that personal opinion is your only rationale for asserting that Kobe is better when statistical analyses prove otherwise. I still think it's a toss-up but the amount of times a player complains to the refs doesn't make for a good argument for determining who's better.

Stats only tell on half of the story....

yaswaggin
06-04-2012, 07:50 AM

Him or Bosh?

Bosh is putting up 17 and 8 as a third option, he would put up 24 and 11 as a 1st

Raps18-19 Champ
06-04-2012, 08:01 AM
2 and a half men, yup.

Is that a joke? :laugh2:

Bosh is better than players some who has been considered in a 'Big 3' before.