PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Talking To Nashville About Radulov

IAmARanger18
06-03-2012, 11:59 AM
According to Larry Brooks in the NY Post, the Rangers are attempting to acquire the rights to pending RFA Alexander Radulov of the Nashville Predators.

Brooks writes that Sather and Nashville GM David Poile are beyond the “kicking tires” stage of talking and the Rangers are urgently trying to acquire his rights so that they have a window to try and sign him before July 1.

Radulov, 25, has a big offer from the KHL on the table but Brooks rights that Radulov is believed to want to stay in the NHL.

Radulov has won the KHL MVP Award three straight years.

After returning to the Predators for their playoff run, Radulov had seven points in nine regular season games and 6 points in eight playoff games.

Radulov was suspended for two games after breaking curfew in the Nashville series against Phoenix.

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2012/0...#disqus_thread

I am all for this move, Nashville knows they wont sign him, so honestly a 3rd round pick may get it done. He may be a head case much like Zherdev was but he has the talent to be a consistent 30 goal scorer at just the young age of 25.

If he is motivated to play, he can easily be our best forward next to Gaborik. I am all for it.

Rangers in 7
06-03-2012, 02:22 PM
while i would love him, torts will sit him when he doesnt block a shot

IAmARanger18
06-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Idk I think if he is motivated here he will be an animal. Coming to NY, a bigger city, a better team, I think he could perform well.

Mr.Wiskers
06-03-2012, 02:30 PM
The cost to trade for him may be minimal since Nashville knows that he's gonna want a huge contract or he'll just go back to the KHL. But that is also our predicament, is he gonna play to his contract. I personally would only make the deal if he'll sign for no more that 4.5 mil. per. I'd rather spend my money on Zach Parise as he's a better player, can play in our system and won't cost us anything but cash.

bsi
06-03-2012, 06:26 PM
The cost won't be that minimal, the only thing that could benefit us is if Radulov wants to come here because there's a ton of teams that would be wanting him. Toronto, Montreal and Detroit would top that list.

IAmARanger18
06-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Yeah 2 out of those 3 are not playoff, let alone Stanley Cup material like we are, which I think will make his decision easier.

bsi
06-03-2012, 06:58 PM
He's also got a big contract from the team Fedorov manages in the KHL. I'd love to have him though, be great when Gaborik came back, but I have a feeling this is the last time Dubinsky dresses for NY if this deal goes down, and I kinda like Dubi's intangebles and I thought our second line was much better with him when he came back but to get a scorer ya gotta give something up, I'm ok with it.

MJL80
06-03-2012, 07:39 PM
I'll pass on this guy. The potential is there and I don't doubt his skill, but he has a poor work ethic from what I've watched in the playoffs this year. He's got Zherdev written all over him, and we all know how that turned out. This guy will end up giving Torts a heart attack.

bsi
06-03-2012, 07:42 PM
I'll pass on this guy. The potential is there and I don't doubt his skill, but he has a poor work ethic from what I've watched in the playoffs this year. He's got Zherdev written all over him, and we all know how that turned out. This guy will end up giving Torts a heart attack.

He's not Zherdev in the fact that he plays stronger on the puck. I do realize he's a bit of a risk, but so is not having a top line winger for two months of the year, so I guess I'm ok with giving him a try as long as we don't have a long multi year high dollar contract attached

Garden Faithful
06-04-2012, 12:15 PM
He's not Zherdev in the fact that he plays stronger on the puck. I do realize he's a bit of a risk, but so is not having a top line winger for two months of the year, so I guess I'm ok with giving him a try as long as we don't have a long multi year high dollar contract attached

A bit of a risk would be someone who loses focus during the regular season and takes a few games off. Radulov, on the other hand, is a big risk because he missed curfew during the playoffs, when most players don't even go out aside from eating. This is another Zherdev mentality player waiting to happen and even with all the skill he possesses it just doesn't seem worth the risk to me.

Lisound15
06-04-2012, 12:38 PM
I feel like this team needs a risky player like this.
Everybody on this team plays by the book, with very little creativity. Maybe Radulov can be that X factor they're desperately in need of.

If it doesn't cost us much I see no problem with it, especially given the depth of our minor league system and the overall age and situation our team is in.

bsi
06-04-2012, 04:49 PM
We won't make playoffs without Gaborik until December so this could be an easy fix without selling the farm so I'm all for it. I really doubt Radulov pulls the same crap in NY, it's public knowledge how our team is coached and if Radulov is serious about playing he'll sign here, if not he won't because he like everyone else knows that you can't mess with Torts or you'll be on the outside looking in. I see him signing a short term deal with us, 2 years tops if he does sign here. The other thing is there's no other players on this team that gets themselves into hot water of the type he got in with Kostitsyn. It's easy to blame someone else but this type of thing has followed the Kostitsyn's. I don't see him being a problem here, I really don't see him signing here if he doesn't plan on playing, I don't think he really cared about Nashville and he only came back to get closer to the end of his contract with them.

BranWingss
06-04-2012, 07:00 PM
First off, I'm a big Alexander Radulov fan. He's a very good top six forward, who has a lethal offensive game. With that said, he would not fit in New York due to John Torterella.

Alexander Radulov can seriously hit 70 points. He's more of a playmaker, but he can finish. His shot is quite average, but he gets himself in the right places, and finds open teammates. He can control the puck.

He really doesn't move much without the puck. If it's too far from him, he won't skate. He goes from 0 try to 100 when he touches the puck. When he loses it, he's usually done on the play. His defensive game isn't bad, but he really doesn't care much for it.

He'll also cost more than a third rounder, RFA and trouble or not. He's a valuable player, and reports are, he'd like to stay in the NHL.

bsi
06-04-2012, 08:05 PM
First off, I'm a big Alexander Radulov fan. He's a very good top six forward, who has a lethal offensive game. With that said, he would not fit in New York due to John Torterella.

Alexander Radulov can seriously hit 70 points. He's more of a playmaker, but he can finish. His shot is quite average, but he gets himself in the right places, and finds open teammates. He can control the puck.

He really doesn't move much without the puck. If it's too far from him, he won't skate. He goes from 0 try to 100 when he touches the puck. When he loses it, he's usually done on the play. His defensive game isn't bad, but he really doesn't care much for it.

He'll also cost more than a third rounder, RFA and trouble or not. He's a valuable player, and reports are, he'd like to stay in the NHL.

I agree with most of what you are saying here, however the same thing was said about Gaborik before he got here and he's been a good player for us, when he's healthy ofcourse. Gaborik frustrates Torts by times too but he knows he's key to the success of this team, much like Radulov would be as well. People that point to Zherdev or Wolski as comparables in the way that Torts would view them haven't watched much of Radulov as he's a stronger version with more bite than the two of them put together. My only concern is that he's typically a RW, and we've got Gaborik and Callahan on the right side already, if he could play left wing or preferably center he'd be a perfect fit between Kreider and Callahan on the #2 line.

commonsense12
06-04-2012, 09:11 PM
This is one of those trades were you dont know how to view it until you hear the price IMO. If we dont give up any major assets and Radulov signs a decent contract then it could really work out well. If we give up a top prospect and sign him to a insanely high contract then it could be a huge fail.

Personally i would like to see a later pick for negotation rights and then a multi year deal worth around 4 mill.

I would then split up the lines to have scoring threats on all lines. We cant continue playing with no offense and constantly in our our end.

Lines looking something like:

Hags Rich Gabs
Kried Step Cally
Dubi AA Radulov
Rupp Boyle Prust

Obviously Players can rotate from one line to another but we have offensive strengths on every line. It also doesnt include the possible signings of a Schultz or Parise. Also radulovs contract and Dubi's status can determine whether we have enough cap space to make a run at Parise but if he signs for around 4 millish and not 5-6ish we can have enough to add another high impact offensive player.

Either way we can all agree that we need more offense going into next year.

IAmARanger18
06-05-2012, 12:07 AM
^

Radulov comes here he be in the top 6, likely on the 1st or 2nd line, he will not play on the 3rd line. He is a huge threat with the puck, you don't bury that on the 3rd line.

commonsense12
06-05-2012, 01:39 PM
^

Radulov comes here he be in the top 6, likely on the 1st or 2nd line, he will not play on the 3rd line. He is a huge threat with the puck, you don't bury that on the 3rd line.

He plays RW so who gets moved, Gabs or Cally? I dont think either so i would try and create a lines of 2a and 2b.

With Gabs out until probably december Radulov will be on the top 2 lines at least until then. In the long run though i think fans worry about lines way too much. They think the 3rd line should be a grinding line but our ENTIRE team grinds so i dont think it really matters. Especially with Torts as our head coach. He plays who is playing well that night, so if Radulov is playing well he will get more ice time.

If you look at it in regards to talent they play with then sure 3rd line could be an issue with a player. If we stuck him on a line with Boyle and Prust with his play making ability then sure i can see him complain and not be happy. I think what we are forgetting is that Torts is our coach and i dont think he has ever seen a line combo he likes lol.

Either way time on ice is what really matters to players. Going by last year and not including Dmen our leading TOI guys were Cally, Richards, Gabs and Step in that order and it ranged from almost 19 mins to 21 mins. The dropoff was after that and it was Dubi with 16 mins. Cally who was almost a minute more then everyone else plays the PK and PP units so he is going to get more time, obviously. So everyone else was 19 or 20 mins.

It was pitiful that our PP was so bad and we had 4 forwards with 3-4 mins per game. No other forwards were even at 2 mins of PP time per game. If Radulov came here i would almost bet he gets close to the 4 mins of PP time that Cally or Gabs get per game plus another 14-16 mins of ES. Daniel Sedin only played a little over 18 mins a game. So the 3rd line aura wouldnt hold true for him. Radulov would allow us to have 2 potentially deadly PP units. Now the only other question is who is he going to play.

He would probably play with Richards until Gabs gets back but what about after? What if we went out and also signed his good friend Kostitsyn? Kostitsyn could play either wing and he probably wont cost much as an UFA coming off a 16 goal 36 pt performance. His game is similar to what Torts likes but the knock on him is his motivation but he played much better when he got to Nash from MTL, so it could have been the environment in MTL. He kind of goes with our grinding style but at least Kost has some scoring ability unlike some of our other players. If we get Radulov, Parise is prob not going to happen because we wouldnt be able to afford our RFA's coming up. This way we get 2 guys plus the ability to sign everyone coming up.

So maybe until Gabs gets back:

1.Hags Rich Radulov
2.Kreider Step Cally
3.Dubi AA Kost
4.Rupp Boyle Prust

Thats 3 pretty good lines but when Gabs gets back:
1.Hags Rich Gabs
2a.Kreider Step Cally
2b.Kost AA Radulov
4.Dubi Boyle Prust

We also have the ability to make a trade or move the LWs around on who is performing and who is not. So if Dubi is doing well we can swap him for Hags or whoever. It leaves us options along with a chunk of cap space by signing Kost on the cheap and Radulov if this trade goes down. Personally i dont hate this option and it leaves us with some nice cap space to do other things.

bsi
06-05-2012, 02:34 PM
He plays RW so who gets moved, Gabs or Cally? I dont think either so i would try and create a lines of 2a and 2b.

With Gabs out until probably december Radulov will be on the top 2 lines at least until then. In the long run though i think fans worry about lines way too much. They think the 3rd line should be a grinding line but our ENTIRE team grinds so i dont think it really matters. Especially with Torts as our head coach. He plays who is playing well that night, so if Radulov is playing well he will get more ice time.

If you look at it in regards to talent they play with then sure 3rd line could be an issue with a player. If we stuck him on a line with Boyle and Prust with his play making ability then sure i can see him complain and not be happy. I think what we are forgetting is that Torts is our coach and i dont think he has ever seen a line combo he likes lol.

Either way time on ice is what really matters to players. Going by last year and not including Dmen our leading TOI guys were Cally, Richards, Gabs and Step in that order and it ranged from almost 19 mins to 21 mins. The dropoff was after that and it was Dubi with 16 mins. Cally who was almost a minute more then everyone else plays the PK and PP units so he is going to get more time, obviously. So everyone else was 19 or 20 mins.

It was pitiful that our PP was so bad and we had 4 forwards with 3-4 mins per game. No other forwards were even at 2 mins of PP time per game. If Radulov came here i would almost bet he gets close to the 4 mins of PP time that Cally or Gabs get per game plus another 14-16 mins of ES. Daniel Sedin only played a little over 18 mins a game. So the 3rd line aura wouldnt hold true for him. Radulov would allow us to have 2 potentially deadly PP units. Now the only other question is who is he going to play.

He would probably play with Richards until Gabs gets back but what about after? What if we went out and also signed his good friend Kostitsyn? Kostitsyn could play either wing and he probably wont cost much as an UFA coming off a 16 goal 36 pt performance. His game is similar to what Torts likes but the knock on him is his motivation but he played much better when he got to Nash from MTL, so it could have been the environment in MTL. He kind of goes with our grinding style but at least Kost has some scoring ability unlike some of our other players. If we get Radulov, Parise is prob not going to happen because we wouldnt be able to afford our RFA's coming up. This way we get 2 guys plus the ability to sign everyone coming up.

So maybe until Gabs gets back:

1.Hags Rich Radulov
2.Kreider Step Cally
3.Dubi AA Kost
4.Rupp Boyle Prust

Thats 3 pretty good lines but when Gabs gets back:
1.Hags Rich Gabs
2a.Kreider Step Cally
2b.Kost AA Radulov
4.Dubi Boyle Prust

We also have the ability to make a trade or move the LWs around on who is performing and who is not. So if Dubi is doing well we can swap him for Hags or whoever. It leaves us options along with a chunk of cap space by signing Kost on the cheap and Radulov if this trade goes down. Personally i dont hate this option and it leaves us with some nice cap space to do other things.

I don't think I want either of the Kostitsyns here anymore, they are bad news and though everyone is responsible for their own actions, I think it was likely a case of hanging out with a bad influence that got Radulov in trouble in the first place. I'm ok with Radulov but I think taking the two guys here to NY is just looking for trouble. I highly doubt Radulov is out on the town with Anisimov if he's here in NY. Also, I think someone from our minor system will be taking a spot or maybe two next year. I'm looking at JT Miller(after some time in the AHL) to be Mitchell's replacement and Christian Thomas to maybe make a case for making this team.

commonsense12
06-05-2012, 03:06 PM
I don't think I want either of the Kostitsyns here anymore, they are bad news and though everyone is responsible for their own actions, I think it was likely a case of hanging out with a bad influence that got Radulov in trouble in the first place. I'm ok with Radulov but I think taking the two guys here to NY is just looking for trouble. I highly doubt Radulov is out on the town with Anisimov if he's here in NY. Also, I think someone from our minor system will be taking a spot or maybe two next year. I'm looking at JT Miller(after some time in the AHL) to be Mitchell's replacement and Christian Thomas to maybe make a case for making this team.

Whats the worst they have done? Avery was bad news and Ranger fans loved him.

I would have to disagree with you on Kost. That game 2 he was one of the only good Nash players on the ice. He scored a goal and was a +1 (Spaling was only other + player). The entire team looked terrible so maybe they should have all went out for drinks lol. Its no secret he was never really happy in montreal and his production did go up once he got to nashville so i dont really hold too much into it. Players just dont mesh in certain areas and with our locker room and Cally as our captain i cant see any dumb stuff happening. Plus players break curfew all the time. Just ask the 86 Mets or 86-90 Giants. You think LT didnt break curfew lol. It got more attention then i think it deserved.

I also still think Miller is at least a year away and maybe longer. He is only 19 and hasnt even played in the AHL yet. I believe he went to the OHL but he probably needs more seasoning, so i doubt he is ready.

Thomas is just not strong enough to play in the NHL yet. He actually might not make the NHL because he still gets pushed off the puck too easy. Personally i think Thomas is a trade chip more then anything while Torts is our coach. MZA was more of a finished product then Thomas and he couldnt sniff the ice.

The only kids i see making this team out of camp are on the defensive side.

bsi
06-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Whats the worst they have done? Avery was bad news and Ranger fans loved him.

I would have to disagree with you on Kost. That game 2 he was one of the only good Nash players on the ice. He scored a goal and was a +1 (Spaling was only other + player). The entire team looked terrible so maybe they should have all went out for drinks lol. Its no secret he was never really happy in montreal and his production did go up once he got to nashville so i dont really hold too much into it. Players just dont mesh in certain areas and with our locker room and Cally as our captain i cant see any dumb stuff happening. Plus players break curfew all the time. Just ask the 86 Mets or 86-90 Giants. You think LT didnt break curfew lol. It got more attention then i think it deserved.

I also still think Miller is at least a year away and maybe longer. He is only 19 and hasnt even played in the AHL yet. I believe he went to the OHL but he probably needs more seasoning, so i doubt he is ready.

Thomas is just not strong enough to play in the NHL yet. He actually might not make the NHL because he still gets pushed off the puck too easy. Personally i think Thomas is a trade chip more then anything while Torts is our coach. MZA was more of a finished product then Thomas and he couldnt sniff the ice.

The only kids i see making this team out of camp are on the defensive side.

Miller was up for 8 games of the AHL playoffs this year along with Thomas. As for Kostitsyn the reason the two brothers aren't in Montreal is because of this type of stuff and chumming around with well known coke dealers/biker gang members in Montreal. The Canadiens could use both of them but they couldn't have them around polluting the rest of the team, I personally think he's a bad apple and I don't want him, but that's just my opinion.

IAmARanger18
06-05-2012, 04:29 PM
If it came down to a Kostistyn on this team I would want Sergei.

Garden Faithful
06-05-2012, 05:11 PM

There is literally no way to know why Radulov went out but the fact of the matter is that he went out and did his team and himself a disservice. I never understand why anyone would want a guy like this on the team. The team has been built in the last couple of years as the type of team that is "one for all" all the time. Even the nhl playoff commercial for the rangers had this premise in its first line "Because on this team 23 play as one". Why should we bring in a guy who not only fled his NHL team, with whom he had a contract, but also abandoned the team during a playoff run by going out well past curfew. I just don't understand the rationale that the reward which isn't necessarily great is worth the risk. According to your logic, if he isn't strong enough to resist going out with Kostitsyn's persuasion why would you think he wouldn't mess around in New York City? I can assure you there is more to do here than in Nashville and more of the "crowd" that the Kostitsyns hung out with in Montreal here as well.

bsi
06-05-2012, 05:45 PM
There is literally no way to know why Radulov went out but the fact of the matter is that he went out and did his team and himself a disservice. I never understand why anyone would want a guy like this on the team. The team has been built in the last couple of years as the type of team that is "one for all" all the time. Even the nhl playoff commercial for the rangers had this premise in its first line "Because on this team 23 play as one". Why should we bring in a guy who not only fled his NHL team, with whom he had a contract, but also abandoned the team during a playoff run by going out well past curfew. I just don't understand the rationale that the reward which isn't necessarily great is worth the risk. According to your logic, if he isn't strong enough to resist going out with Kostitsyn's persuasion why would you think he wouldn't mess around in New York City? I can assure you there is more to do here than in Nashville and more of the "crowd" that the Kostitsyns hung out with in Montreal here as well.

Ya, but he's young, he's been punished and there's a good chance it doesn't happen again, it's an opportunity to get a top line player at his lowest value. Worst case scenario he doesn't work out, best case scenario he scores 40 goals and gives us some added scoring punch which we need. Like I said before, him and his agent know what is required of players to play for Torts, if he's not comfortable with it or he isn't willing to toe that line then he won't sign with us plain and simple, he's got a contract offer in the KHL and I'm sure there's other teams that want him.

nyr1980
06-06-2012, 10:21 PM
What's the price for the rights on Radulov?

Anybody have a good idea?

bsi
06-07-2012, 10:11 AM
I don't know what the price is, I would guess it wouldn't be much as Rad has a contract offer with the KHL already and Nashville said they weren't signing him, so what something along a 2nd pick or am I crazy one way or the other? I mean we are trading for his rights before he becomes a free agent so I would think Nashville at this point would be happy getting a do over with Radulov's pick even if it's not a 1st round.

Garden Faithful
06-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Ya, but he's young, he's been punished and there's a good chance it doesn't happen again, it's an opportunity to get a top line player at his lowest value. Worst case scenario he doesn't work out, best case scenario he scores 40 goals and gives us some added scoring punch which we need. Like I said before, him and his agent know what is required of players to play for Torts, if he's not comfortable with it or he isn't willing to toe that line then he won't sign with us plain and simple, he's got a contract offer in the KHL and I'm sure there's other teams that want him.

I'm not sure why you think he will change his attitude and not only that worst case scenario is not he doesn't work out, it is we pay him a good amount of money and he doesn't work hard is benched and we waste the money. Secondly he wants money and if the rangers give him the most he'll come here it's that simple. It's not as if Trotz is a guy who lets players slide all the time he is a hard *** almost the same way as Torts and honestly I don't know why he's worth the risk especially with all of the prospects who could potentially make the team next year. Just seems like a foolish move to me.

commonsense12
06-07-2012, 06:05 PM
I still dont see why the Radulov hate. If he doesnt work out he is loaned to the KHL and his cap hit is gone. So again if the price is right you make the trade. I also dont see why the price would be too high. I would say a 7th and if he signs a 2nd or something along those lines. I would be surprised if any team offered more then that.

The drug dealer thing with Kostitsyn is also overblown. How many Giants fans on here would want LT traded back in the day? He just didnt know coke dealers he used coke and lots of it. Or how about the whole Mets team in the 80s? if a player performs and with league drug testing now i dont really see a problem. Also if kost comes in here and scores 25-30 goals no one will give a crap. Torts also will either get the most out of Radulov and Kost or they are gone. Again if the price is good, we make those trades to fix our weaknesses.

BTW since Jones signed today for 4 yrs 16 mill the price just went up for Parise. There are not many good forwards left on the market. Parise, Semin, Doan and Whitney are prob the best but after that its pretty slim pickins IMO.

Garden Faithful
06-07-2012, 09:03 PM
I still dont see why the Radulov hate. If he doesnt work out he is loaned to the KHL and his cap hit is gone. So again if the price is right you make the trade. I also dont see why the price would be too high. I would say a 7th and if he signs a 2nd or something along those lines. I would be surprised if any team offered more then that.

The drug dealer thing with Kostitsyn is also overblown. How many Giants fans on here would want LT traded back in the day? He just didnt know coke dealers he used coke and lots of it. Or how about the whole Mets team in the 80s? if a player performs and with league drug testing now i dont really see a problem. Also if kost comes in here and scores 25-30 goals no one will give a crap. Torts also will either get the most out of Radulov and Kost or they are gone. Again if the price is good, we make those trades to fix our weaknesses.

BTW since Jones signed today for 4 yrs 16 mill the price just went up for Parise. There are not many good forwards left on the market. Parise, Semin, Doan and Whitney are prob the best but after that its pretty slim pickins IMO.

The bolded part of your comment might be the dumbest piece of writing I have ever seen on this site. You clearly miss the point about the drug issue. The drug issue in Radulov and Kostitsyn case hindered performance and eventually had Kostitsyn sent to another team. In the case of the Giants and the Mets no one complained because LT is arguably the greatest defensive player of all time (Personally I think he is) and the Giants won 2 Superbowls. Moreover the Mets won the world series with one of the best rookie pitchers and hitters ever in baseball who were abusing certain substances. No one cared about the drugs because it didn't hinder them winning. Later on when Doc and Straw were having issues and the teams didn't win it became a problem. Radulov as far as I know hasn't done any illegal substances so I won't accuse him of doing any. I will accuse him of associating himself with a less than stellar crowd and as a result I think it would be a poor decision to sign him and if we do I hope I am wrong but I wouldn't sign him.

commonsense12
06-08-2012, 01:14 AM
The bolded part of your comment might be the dumbest piece of writing I have ever seen on this site. You clearly miss the point about the drug issue. The drug issue in Radulov and Kostitsyn case hindered performance and eventually had Kostitsyn sent to another team. In the case of the Giants and the Mets no one complained because LT is arguably the greatest defensive player of all time (Personally I think he is) and the Giants won 2 Superbowls. Moreover the Mets won the world series with one of the best rookie pitchers and hitters ever in baseball who were abusing certain substances. No one cared about the drugs because it didn't hinder them winning. Later on when Doc and Straw were having issues and the teams didn't win it became a problem. Radulov as far as I know hasn't done any illegal substances so I won't accuse him of doing any. I will accuse him of associating himself with a less than stellar crowd and as a result I think it would be a poor decision to sign him and if we do I hope I am wrong but I wouldn't sign him.

Dont say something is the dumbest thing you have ever seen on this site when you dont even what you are talking about. First Radulov wasnt involved in the drug issue, so get a clue. Please tell me where you found that Kostitsyn failed a drug test? Plus what hindered Kost's performance? I can see you didnt watch that game because Kost had probably the best game of anyone on that team. He was also one of two players to be a + and he scored a goal. Also when did kostitsyn fail a drug test or even get charged with anything? And both Kostitsyns knew that drug dealer. Funny because when Sergei left Montreal his numbers skyrocketed. He never hit even 10 goals on MTL and then all of a sudden he scored 23 and then 17. Why couldnt that happen with Andrei? Oh wait they did. He went from 24 pts in 53 games with MTL to 12 pts in only 19 games with Nash.

Did you ever think it was maybe the constant head butting that they were having with the coach that caused the decrease in production not because he was hanging with the wrong crowd lol? It sounds like you are in high school with that comment.

You are also a huge hypocrit. Basically you are saying as long as the team is winning players can do whatever they want. LT and those 80s Mets did way worse things then missing curfew or being seen with shady characters. Your logic is its better to buy the drugs from the dealers and use them rather then just being seen with one as long as you win. Thats ridiculous and that is probably the dumbest thing on this site. Congrats

bsi
06-08-2012, 02:52 AM
I'm not sure why you think he will change his attitude and not only that worst case scenario is not he doesn't work out, it is we pay him a good amount of money and he doesn't work hard is benched and we waste the money. Secondly he wants money and if the rangers give him the most he'll come here it's that simple. It's not as if Trotz is a guy who lets players slide all the time he is a hard *** almost the same way as Torts and honestly I don't know why he's worth the risk especially with all of the prospects who could potentially make the team next year. Just seems like a foolish move to me.

He's young, people make mistakes and learn from them. If he's not committed to playing hockey and doing what is required here in the NHL he just won't sign here, he's got a contract waiting for him in the KHL. If isn't 100 percent committed to it then the last place in the world he'd sign would be in NY under Tortorella. Also, for NY to be even looking at him after this year just tells you what kind of talent he is. Like I said before, this is a chance at a potential 40 goal scorer for what I would guess is a 2nd round pick. Give him a performance based contract and see what happens.

aanddann
06-08-2012, 10:16 AM
He's young, people make mistakes and learn from them. If he's not committed to playing hockey and doing what is required here in the NHL he just won't sign here, he's got a contract waiting for him in the KHL. If isn't 100 percent committed to it then the last place in the world he'd sign would be in NY under Tortorella. Also, for NY to be even looking at him after this year just tells you what kind of talent he is. Like I said before, this is a chance at a potential 40 goal scorer for what I would guess is a 2nd round pick. Give him a performance based contract and see what happens.

this.

yeah, he's got his issues. yeah he made some stupid decisions regarding going out (he's 26. who here hasn't made stupid decisions at that age? hell, i still make stupid decisions now). you don't let that sort of thing create a pox on a players name. its not like he is a 10 time repeat offender where hes a disastrous locker room presence.

you move on. there is no question that this player adds to the overall talent level on our team. right now, he is more offensively talented than Artie, Step, Prust, Boyle, Fedo and Rupp. Duby's SEASON last year, he was a .44 PPG player in the regular season and a .22 PPG player in the playoffs (granted, it was a down year). Radulov was a .77 PPG player in the regular season and .75 PPG in the playoffs (small sample size for Radulov and all that, but its the point

big difference. i think when you have the chance to fill in a grinder role from within and add offensive talent from elsewhere, you gotta do it. especially when goal scoring is your problem.

....now if he's not the only player we get from Nashville...and one of those two defensemen come here...I'd be real happy.

IAmARanger18
06-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Was rumored this morning we traded for him from a Russian website, but it was shut down around 9:40 this morning. I was hoping it was true, apparently he is turning down 10M in Russia because he wants to play for the Rangers, lets hope it is true.

Garden Faithful
06-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Dont say something is the dumbest thing you have ever seen on this site when you dont even what you are talking about. First Radulov wasnt involved in the drug issue, so get a clue. Please tell me where you found that Kostitsyn failed a drug test? Plus what hindered Kost's performance? I can see you didnt watch that game because Kost had probably the best game of anyone on that team. He was also one of two players to be a + and he scored a goal. Also when did kostitsyn fail a drug test or even get charged with anything? And both Kostitsyns knew that drug dealer. Funny because when Sergei left Montreal his numbers skyrocketed. He never hit even 10 goals on MTL and then all of a sudden he scored 23 and then 17. Why couldnt that happen with Andrei? Oh wait they did. He went from 24 pts in 53 games with MTL to 12 pts in only 19 games with Nash.

Did you ever think it was maybe the constant head butting that they were having with the coach that caused the decrease in production not because he was hanging with the wrong crowd lol? It sounds like you are in high school with that comment.

You are also a huge hypocrit. Basically you are saying as long as the team is winning players can do whatever they want. LT and those 80s Mets did way worse things then missing curfew or being seen with shady characters. Your logic is its better to buy the drugs from the dealers and use them rather then just being seen with one as long as you win. Thats ridiculous and that is probably the dumbest thing on this site. Congrats

Let me respond the the hypocrite point first because again it's ridiculous. These players were already on the team we didn't go after them. And you can't say that you wouldn't want Crosby on your team if he was doind coke because that's the player you would compare LT to if you were doing that. Radulov would never have the same kind of impact that he did or that Doc Gooden or Strawberry would have he's simply not that good. So I'm not being a hypocrite since I am advocating to not sign a new player with issues of hanging out in poor crowds.

The drug thing you are completely missing the point. Kostitsyn didn't have this issue necessarily in Nashville so I'm not talking about his play there I was talking about his Montreal play. Secondly I said that I cannot accuse Radulov of taking anything at the end of my post because there is no way for me to know that and I would never claim to know it. My point being that he has exhibit lazy behavior as well as reckless behavior by the crowd that he puts himself in. I don't want to bring in a player like that if he is already on my team then what am I going to to do.

Also you assume that the only reason for the increase in production is from a change in coaches on different teams. You have literally no way of knowing what the cause is. It's just as likely to be that he hated French Canadians and likes people in Nashville better. There is no way to know what it is although in your case of confirmation bias it's only the coaches and nothing else.

Lastly don't assume that a player isn't doing drugs if they don't fail a drug test. I mean coke only stays in your system a few days so it is highly possible, and with the crowd Kostitsyn was with, probable that he was doing something in Montreal. This kind of thing has happened on the Rangers when they had to go fetch Fleury out of a crack den, so don't make it seem as if there is no way he wasn't abusing any substance simply because he never failed a drug test.

I just personally think it's to big of a risk to sign him and there is no need for it that's all.

commonsense12
06-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Let me respond the the hypocrite point first because again it's ridiculous. These players were already on the team we didn't go after them. And you can't say that you wouldn't want Crosby on your team if he was doind coke because that's the player you would compare LT to if you were doing that. Radulov would never have the same kind of impact that he did or that Doc Gooden or Strawberry would have he's simply not that good. So I'm not being a hypocrite since I am advocating to not sign a new player with issues of hanging out in poor crowds.

The drug thing you are completely missing the point. Kostitsyn didn't have this issue necessarily in Nashville so I'm not talking about his play there I was talking about his Montreal play. Secondly I said that I cannot accuse Radulov of taking anything at the end of my post because there is no way for me to know that and I would never claim to know it. My point being that he has exhibit lazy behavior as well as reckless behavior by the crowd that he puts himself in. I don't want to bring in a player like that if he is already on my team then what am I going to to do.

Also you assume that the only reason for the increase in production is from a change in coaches on different teams. You have literally no way of knowing what the cause is. It's just as likely to be that he hated French Canadians and likes people in Nashville better. There is no way to know what it is although in your case of confirmation bias it's only the coaches and nothing else.

Lastly don't assume that a player isn't doing drugs if they don't fail a drug test. I mean coke only stays in your system a few days so it is highly possible, and with the crowd Kostitsyn was with, probable that he was doing something in Montreal. This kind of thing has happened on the Rangers when they had to go fetch Fleury out of a crack den, so don't make it seem as if there is no way he wasn't abusing any substance simply because he never failed a drug test.

I just personally think it's to big of a risk to sign him and there is no need for it that's all.

LOL you do realize that your post makes you seem more like a hypocrit right? You are telling me that i cant assume that they arent on drugs but you can assume that they are......really? Until he actually fails a drug test or any other substantial proof comes out that players are doing drugs you cant accuse them of it. You just dont know. Then you are assuming it wasnt the change of atmosphere that made Kost's numbers go up. Why not? How do you know it wasnt? Again you are assuming based off of nothing. I personally dont care what the reason was the fact is when he left MTL he played better. Thats FACT! Numbers prove it.

Then you are repeating the same old mantra of its ok if they are on drugs if they are good lol. Thats ridiculous and actually pretty sad. I wouldnt want anyone on drugs on my team. Parcells said his biggest failure ever was not helping LT stay off drugs.

Personally i understand that you and other fans dont want whatever player on the team and you are intitled to your own opinion but dont come on here and start saying its the dumbest thing you have ever read and base it off of nothing. You then didnt even know what you were talking about. You backed up your arguement with assumptions and no facts whatsoever. Get a clue before you try to insult people.

commonsense12
06-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Was rumored this morning we traded for him from a Russian website, but it was shut down around 9:40 this morning. I was hoping it was true, apparently he is turning down 10M in Russia because he wants to play for the Rangers, lets hope it is true.

Yeha i saw a Czezh article i believe that we acquired him. I dont believe it was true.

Its a shame i think Radulov could be a 70-80 pt guy here. I also think Kost would give us 20-30 goals which would be huge for us. Both guys i think are valued too low and could be had for much cheaper then their actual worth.

commonsense12
06-08-2012, 03:20 PM
this.

yeah, he's got his issues. yeah he made some stupid decisions regarding going out (he's 26. who here hasn't made stupid decisions at that age? hell, i still make stupid decisions now). you don't let that sort of thing create a pox on a players name. its not like he is a 10 time repeat offender where hes a disastrous locker room presence.

you move on. there is no question that this player adds to the overall talent level on our team. right now, he is more offensively talented than Artie, Step, Prust, Boyle, Fedo and Rupp. Duby's SEASON last year, he was a .44 PPG player in the regular season and a .22 PPG player in the playoffs (granted, it was a down year). Radulov was a .77 PPG player in the regular season and .75 PPG in the playoffs (small sample size for Radulov and all that, but its the point

big difference. i think when you have the chance to fill in a grinder role from within and add offensive talent from elsewhere, you gotta do it. especially when goal scoring is your problem.

....now if he's not the only player we get from Nashville...and one of those two defensemen come here...I'd be real happy.

Couldnt agree with you more. Who hasnt made a dumb decision once or twice in their life.

IAmARanger18
06-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Yeha i saw a Czezh article i believe that we acquired him. I dont believe it was true.

Its a shame i think Radulov could be a 70-80 pt guy here. I also think Kost would give us 20-30 goals which would be huge for us. Both guys i think are valued too low and could be had for much cheaper then their actual worth.

I wouldn't mind them both here but I want Radulov here the most. Especially since we will not dish out 8M a year for Parise.

nyr1980
06-08-2012, 11:15 PM
Parise will not see $8mil a year vs the cap. Even if he's one of the 10 best players in the league. He signs a deal probably very close to what Richards signed, maybe a bit more cause he's younger.

commonsense12
06-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Parise will not see $8mil a year vs the cap. Even if he's one of the 10 best players in the league. He signs a deal probably very close to what Richards signed, maybe a bit more cause he's younger.

So you think a team will gamble over 6 mill of dead cap space after he turns 35? Tim Thomas is one of those over 35 players who even if he retires and doesnt play his 5 mill cap hit will count against the cap. i ask this because rumors about the new CBA are that retired players especially from this long deals that everyone knows will not finish the contract will count against the cap no matter what. So all the Kovies, richards, carter, Hossa, pronger, luongo etc deals will destroy teams and give them the big F U for trying to get around the cap.

So if you are a GM do you give Parise one of those deals and risk a large portion of your cap future?

Either way i would be surprised if at minimum he gets less then in the 7.5 range a year. The cap is much more money and in terms of percentage 7.5 isnt as much as it once was. There are talks the cap could be upwards of 70 mill. Do you not spend 11% on a Parise type player? Add in the fact that a ton of teams have cap space and i think we are going to see some crazy spending on FA's this year.

bsi
06-10-2012, 10:44 AM
If Parise hits the free agent maket he's gonna get big money, mostly because most teams could use a player like him, teams like Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary are all desperate to make a playoff run and that's just the canadian teams. The only way he signs for less than 7 mill is if he resigns with NJ for long term.

stoopboy45
06-13-2012, 05:55 PM
His negotiating rights have been traded to Russian team!!!!

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/report-russian-league-giant-cska-acquires-radulovs-rights-673883.html

bsi
06-13-2012, 06:07 PM
I believe that's his KHL rights....here's an article.
http://en.rian.ru/sports/20120613/174010409.html

IAmARanger18
06-13-2012, 06:13 PM
He can still sign a deal with an NHL team.

Isca92
06-13-2012, 08:38 PM
His KHL rights were traded to another KHL team. Leagues dont trade outside of their own, however players can be loaned to other leagues. This happens with an older player with an overpaid contract. This happened with Huet with Chicago and pretty sure it happened with Nylander with Caps.