PDA

View Full Version : Should the Clippers trade for D12?

D12 fan
06-03-2012, 11:46 AM
I know Blake Griffin is a highlight machine,but if the Clippers are serious about winning a championship right now,they should consider trading Blake for Dwight.A duo of CP3/D12 would be instant contenders out west and would compete with OKC for the next 5yrs.

Blake,Jordan,Bledsoe for Dwight,Anderson.

Would you make that deal if you were the Clippers gm?

xxplayerxx23
06-03-2012, 11:49 AM
No i dont

GoPacers33
06-03-2012, 11:51 AM
No

RealLiveBear
06-03-2012, 12:00 PM
I'd say no, but if you do then you should do everything you can to keep bledsoe. Great PG to come off the bench

king2218
06-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Howard, Anderson, J-Rich for DeAndre Jordan, Griffin, Bledsoe.

cle12152433
06-03-2012, 12:06 PM
It sounds intruiging because it's Dwight Howard, but something about Blake Griffin is working out thereq. He just has good chemistry with that team. You don't want to mess it up. Besides, they are really close to being a championship team anyhow. Keep in mind they lost Chauncey and lost to a team that won 20 games in a row(not exactly a common occurance).

Hustla23
06-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Howard + Anderson >>>>>>>>>>> Griffin + Jordan + Bledsoe.

The Clippers can very easily be the best team in the west, if not the league, with that trade.

Howard
Anderson
Butler
Young
Paul

is a nasty starting five.

Raph12
06-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Should they do it? Yes.

Would they do it? No.

It would make the Clipps better instantly and the Magic would get the best deal they could get for Dwight, win-win it would seem. The problem is that Blake is beloved by the fans in LA, if they don't do better next season, look for CP3 to leave via Free Agency in 2013.

Chronz
06-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Only if Dwight was willing to extend but he seems in love with NY.

However if they would be willing to take Caron instead of bledsoe while we take Hedo then yes.

We would need a 4 badly tho

Raph12
06-03-2012, 01:05 PM

However if they would be willing to take Caron instead of bledsoe while we take Hedo then yes.

Ryno-D12 for BG-DJ; CP3 would likely stay and the Clipps would compete for years.

mvb815
06-03-2012, 01:06 PM
i would like to see the clippers trade for dwight but keep jordan, could you imagin that paint d?

greg_ory_2005
06-03-2012, 01:07 PM
I don't see the Clips trading Blake, even if it meant getting Howard.

D12 fan
06-03-2012, 01:12 PM

The Clippers can very easily be the best team in the west, if not the league, with that trade.

Howard
Anderson
Butler
Young
Paul

I agree,most people forget how impactful Dwight is as a player.Blake is a good player but he isn't a franchise changer like D12.A CP3/D12 would reke havoc in the West,and they would be with OKC for the next 5yrs.If the Clippers want to win championships they would make this trade.

D12 fan
06-03-2012, 01:14 PM
i would like to see the clippers trade for dwight but keep jordan, could you imagin that paint d?

They wouldn't fit,and I don't know if you watch a lot of Clippers games,but D.Jordan is not a good defender,he barely played in the playoffs because he didn't defend the paint like Kmart could.

MrfadeawayJB
06-03-2012, 01:22 PM
I don't see the Clips trading Blake, even if it meant getting Howard.

yeah i agree. Blake has the potential to be great but its unknown if he will ever live up to his potential. With Howard you are getting the best big man in the game for the next several years, paired with one of the top pg's. Thats a winning combo right there

juggla53
06-03-2012, 01:23 PM
They wouldn't fit,and I don't know if you watch a lot of Clippers games,but D.Jordan is not a good defender,he barely played in the playoffs because he didn't defend the paint like Kmart could.

jordan averaged 23 minutes per game in the playoffs and kmart averaged 17 minutes per game... i agree that you would want more minutes out of your starting center but to say he barley played because of kmart clearly isnt true

DQL
06-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Clippers are ******** if they don't do Griffin for Howard, even more ******** if they don't dump Jordan's contract in the process. That combo (Jordan+Griffin) will bring Clippers to nowhere. 2 immature kids who seek for Sportscenter appearances first

ne3xchamps
06-03-2012, 01:36 PM
If the clipps could do it without trading griffin, then they should. IMO griffin is too valuable to be traded and isn't going anywhere.

It would be sweet to see all the laker fans sad that D12 is playing in LA, but not with the lakers. (seeming how alot of them think d12 is going to the lakers).

shep33
06-03-2012, 01:37 PM
I still don't think that a Clippers team with CP3 and Howard would be significantly better. They'd lose a lot of depth, Bledsoe is a lot better than I expected.

naps
06-03-2012, 01:46 PM
I would do that if I was the Clippers to be honest. Clips will need a scoring PF along with Dwight though. IDK where they would get that from.

*Superman*
06-03-2012, 01:53 PM
They should, but wouldn't.

BlinkManJan02
06-03-2012, 01:57 PM
I wouldn't trade Griffin for Howard. Especially after that **** he pulled. I think Griffin will have a more successful career when both are over..he seems like more of a team first player, better attitude.

phoenix_bladen
06-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Hell Yes if Howard signs an extension

Are u guys nuts? This is the best centre in the nba and pair him up with cp3? That would be insane!!

xxplayerxx23
06-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Griffen is what 23? 24? Howard coming off back surgury, Griffen can improve, he needs to devolp a jumper and he will be fine, i wouldnt trade him for howard he has a lot of potential, I think Paul will stay with griffen, If billups didnt go down that team looked to be very scary to anyone,

D12 fan
06-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Hell Yes if Howard signs an extension

Are u guys nuts? This is the best centre in the nba and pair him up with cp3? That would be insane!!

A lot of people hate Dwight,because of the indecision this year.They forget he was considered a top 3 player before all the Dwightmare drama.If Dwight would sign longterm with the Clippers they should make the trade without hesitation.

Cali4rnia
06-03-2012, 03:04 PM
I would do that in a heartbeat. Griffin is not that great of a defensive player. All the point guards would think twice driving in against Howard.

Teeboy1487
06-03-2012, 03:20 PM
I would do that deal if I was both teams. The magic would be getting an allstar in Blake Griffin, a decent center who is one of the best shot blockers in the league and a nice up and coming PG. That's decent value for Dwight imo and it beats the Lakers and the Nets potential deals imo.

Chronz
06-03-2012, 03:39 PM

Thats not true, hes a great defender, he didn't play because he wasn't playing up to par

Vinny642
06-03-2012, 06:58 PM
LOL Chris Paul's contract ends after next year, and Dwight's contract ends next year as well, so thats risky business considering both are as about as unloyal players you can get, i mean it can pay off if they both resign though

flatbush knicks
06-03-2012, 07:04 PM
WOW!!! did you seriously have to make a thread about it lmao the magic aren't getting blake keep dreaming you better reserve your stoudamire jersey now lol

EastNYLos
06-03-2012, 07:09 PM
highly doubt this would happen..if your expecting something with blake or cp3...

RLundi
06-03-2012, 07:15 PM
WOW!!! did you seriously have to make a thread about it lmao the magic aren't getting blake keep dreaming you better reserve your stoudamire jersey now lol

Lol Stoudemire is barely worth Juwan Howard, let alone Dwight Howard.

5ass
06-03-2012, 07:20 PM

lol amare isnt even worth his contract let alone dwight howard.

5ass
06-03-2012, 07:30 PM
They dont even have to give up Bledsoe. Honestly not one team can match an offer of Jordan and Blake (maybe add a 1st round pick). If they can take J-rich it could benefit both teams.

A line up of cp3-young/bledsoe-Butler/Jrich-Anderson-Howard is IMO the best in the NBA. Especially if Bledsoe, Young and Anderson continue to improve their games. They then resign Billups, Martin, and Evans for the minimum and they're good to go.

flatbush knicks
06-03-2012, 07:33 PM
idk:shrug: i think you magic fans are setting yourselves up for a big disapointment if you guys think your going to get equal value back for d12:sad2:

RLundi
06-03-2012, 07:47 PM
idk:shrug: i think you magic fans are setting yourselves up for a big disapointment if you guys think your going to get equal value back for d12:sad2:

Equal value would be on par with LeBron or something like that. Who thinks Orlando is getting equal? No one does. But your effort to peddle Stoudemire is completely laughable at best.

I'd rather let Dwight walk.

5ass
06-03-2012, 07:54 PM

its funny because u think ur getting Howard for Stoudemire and ur saying we're setting ourselves up for disappointment.

ChitownBears22
06-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Yes lets take the posterboy for a franchise who is very young and talented, and trade him for a diva who just had back surgery.

Good god PSD gets interesting during summer break.

Silent
06-03-2012, 08:16 PM

Howard
Anderson
Butler
Young
Paul

I have to agree with you I pull that **** in a heartbeat

Chronz
06-03-2012, 08:29 PM
I would LOVE me some Ryan Anderson but can you sign and trade players in a package like that?

Wolfman01
06-03-2012, 08:35 PM
I know Blake Griffin is a highlight machine,but if the Clippers are serious about winning a championship right now,they should consider trading Blake for Dwight.A duo of CP3/D12 would be instant contenders out west and would compete with OKC for the next 5yrs.

There was a thread like this early this year. I'm not sure but I think it was you that made a similar thread talking about trading for Dwight Howard.

Wolfman01
06-03-2012, 08:36 PM
I would LOVE me some Ryan Anderson but can you sign and trade players in a package like that?

Yes you can make a sign and trade deal but I believe that players has to agree also not sure.

RLundi
06-03-2012, 08:36 PM

Nope.

You can't combine a signed-and-traded player with other players and trade them together. It'd have to be two separate deals.

Oldmantrash
06-03-2012, 08:50 PM
I can't believe Clippper fans wouldn't want to do this.

Howard is sooooooooooo much better than Grffin. it's not even close.

310Casper
06-03-2012, 08:59 PM
I can't believe Clippper fans wouldn't want to do this.

Howard is sooooooooooo much better than Grffin. it's not even close.

Clippers fans know howard is better than griffin.

The issue is losing Blake Griffin for a 5 month rental (1 season) of Dwight Howard.

Is it truly worth it? No.

SpaceJamJordans
06-03-2012, 10:01 PM
We all know Howard is better than Griffin. However, it's fair to say that nobody wants to have a drama-queen off court who will just cause problems

5ass
06-03-2012, 10:05 PM
We all know Howard is better than Griffin. However, it's fair to say that nobody wants to have a drama-queen off court who will just cause problems

but isnt that what people said about CP3 when he was on the hornets and wanted out?

Vinny642
06-03-2012, 10:10 PM
but isnt that what people said about CP3 when he was on the hornets and wanted out?

CP is fake, he acts like a tough guy since he has Blake on his team, but i remember a few years ago, he got punked by Nate Robinson on the court, CP and Dwight were my favorite two players, but they both are drama queens now and i dislike em both

Bruno
06-03-2012, 10:15 PM

...lamar? finishing it where he started?

5ass
06-03-2012, 10:19 PM
CP is fake, he acts like a tough guy since he has Blake on his team, but i remember a few years ago, he got punked by Nate Robinson on the court, CP and Dwight were my favorite two players, but they both are drama queens now and i dislike em both

still doesnt change the fact that any team would love to have them

D12 fan
06-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Clippers fans know howard is better than griffin.

The issue is losing Blake Griffin for a 5 month rental (1 season) of Dwight Howard.

Is it truly worth it? No.

You really think Dwight would leave CP3 and LA,I mean where will he find a better place to play,Brooklyn wan't have the capspace to sign him next year.

topdog
06-03-2012, 10:41 PM
They should for basketball reasons, but wouldn't for financial reasons - Blake is a money/publicity machine.

hgtiger32
06-03-2012, 10:41 PM
I honestly would do it if I'm the Clippers

Vinny642
06-03-2012, 10:46 PM
still doesnt change the fact that any team would love to have them

The Hornets dont want CP back

D12 fan
06-03-2012, 10:52 PM
They should for basketball reasons, but wouldn't for financial reasons - Blake is a money/publicity machine.

Uh Dwight is a money making machine too.He's already been in 2 movie films(Just Right,3 stooges) and he does this in small market Orlando.

apet8945
06-03-2012, 11:04 PM
I'd do Griffin and Jordan for Howard. I wouldn't include Bledsoe especially if Orlando insists on including Anderson. If they really want to part ways with Anderson then they are going to have to convince him to sign the qualifying offer for 3 million or whatever it is and then trade him as a part of the package. I know Anderson is going to want to get paid big bucks for his play last season, and the Clippers just aren't going to have the kind of cap space to keep Anderson if he's going to be making 8-9 million.

If, hypothetically, Anderson has a shiny new contract worth that much, then Orlando would have to take Mo Williams off our hands.

If Howard confirms that he will extend with the Clippers and either, Anderson signs his qualifying or Orlando also takes Mo Williams, then we can start negotiating on whether Bledsoe should be included in the deal.

So either:

Griffin + Jordan for Howard (assuming he extends)

or

Griffin + Jordan + Williams for Dwight + Anderson (big contract)

or

Griffin + Jordan + Bledsoe for Dwight + Anderson (qualifying)

But it doesn't matter, this would never happen anyway.

ewing
06-03-2012, 11:10 PM
of course

ewing
06-03-2012, 11:12 PM

Id try to hold on to Jrodan but any team that can make a trade for Howard should. I'd give up anyone but LeBron James

sharqstealth
06-03-2012, 11:47 PM
It sounds intruiging because it's Dwight Howard, but something about Blake Griffin is working out thereq. He just has good chemistry with that team. You don't want to mess it up. Besides, they are really close to being a championship team anyhow. Keep in mind they lost Chauncey and lost to a team that won 20 games in a row(not exactly a common occurance).

Really? If they're that close I don't think they would get swept by the Spurs in the 2nd round...

b@llhog24
06-03-2012, 11:58 PM
I'd say no, but if you do then you should do everything you can to keep bledsoe. Great PG to come off the bench

Your seriously gonna let Eric freaking Bledsoe be the reason you don't make the deal?

Howard
Anderson
Butler
Young
Paul

:puke:

Almost sig worthy.

Really? If they're that close I don't think they would get swept by the Spurs in the 2nd round...

They were injured.

Blitzbolt
06-04-2012, 12:08 AM
CP3: D12 want me to teach you how to flop.
D12:Elbows him in the face 'Flop this'

b@llhog24
06-04-2012, 12:09 AM
CP3: D12 want me to teach you how to flop.
D12:Elbows him in the face 'Flop this'

:cricket:

Chronz
06-04-2012, 12:53 AM
wow that fat kid has passion, wish he was my son

THE MTL
06-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Blake Griffin is a second year player and while he is overrated, he is a great player. And is only going to get better. He is going to develop that interior post game along with better moves on both ends of the floor. And Howard has package.

Vinny642
06-04-2012, 02:21 AM
wow that fat kid has passion, wish he was my son

lmfaoo dudes a pimp

Frazzlesworld
06-04-2012, 02:27 AM
any trade for Dwight Howard to the Clippers would be a " win now " move, considering the team would give up on a young front court of Griffin and Jordan. But with the owner the clippers have, in the long run this trade wouldn't satisfy what Dwight wants, which is a ring.

I know the guy wants to win a title and doesn't wanna follow in " shadows of shaq " but the Lakers are the team he should actually push for the most. Also i'm not a laker fan but I can see that that team is willing to put money to win and be dominant in the league. And as much as people say Brooklyn is a good move for Dwight, it'll take more then him and Deron Williams to take the Nets to the ship.

don camillo
06-04-2012, 05:29 AM

Three young future players insteed just one? No!
Otherwise Jordan,Foye(sign-and-trade),Gomes and the next first call for D12

Blazers#1Fan
06-04-2012, 06:09 AM
i think clippers should do this BG cant get you over the top with just CP3 and billups

Blazers#1Fan
06-04-2012, 06:19 AM
wish D12 liked portland hell Dwill would probably come right after Dwill and Aldridge know each other from growing up and howard and Dwill are friends only if portland could pull that off that would be the meanest front court in the league

D12
Aldridge
Batum
Matthews
Dwill

Send draft picks #6 & #11,a Future pick,Nolan Smith,Babbitt,Elliott Williams then Orlando can rebuild faster and portland has one of the best teams in the league if not the best

strokeman
06-04-2012, 06:34 AM
no because the Lakers are going to Give Orl Bynum and fillers for D12

Monta is beast
06-04-2012, 06:38 AM
You want Orlando to take back Jordan's contract?

Monta is beast
06-04-2012, 06:40 AM
wish D12 liked portland hell Dwill would probably come right after Dwill and Aldridge know each other from growing up and howard and Dwill are friends only if portland could pull that off that would be the meanest front court in the league

D12
Aldridge
Batum
Matthews
Dwill

Send draft picks #6 & #11,a Future pick,Nolan Smith,Babbitt,Elliott Williams then Orlando can rebuild faster and portland has one of the best teams in the league if not the best

The Blazers would have to send Aldridge, Batum, the 6th, & the 11 pick for Howard.

strokeman
06-04-2012, 06:44 AM
Id try to hold on to Jrodan but any team that can make a trade for Howard should. I'd give up anyone but LeBron James

i'm thinking Miami offers Wade and Bosh for D12 and Ryan Anderson?

RLundi
06-04-2012, 10:06 AM
I'd do Griffin and Jordan for Howard. I wouldn't include Bledsoe especially if Orlando insists on including Anderson. If they really want to part ways with Anderson then they are going to have to convince him to sign the qualifying offer for 3 million or whatever it is and then trade him as a part of the package. I know Anderson is going to want to get paid big bucks for his play last season, and the Clippers just aren't going to have the kind of cap space to keep Anderson if he's going to be making 8-9 million.

If, hypothetically, Anderson has a shiny new contract worth that much, then Orlando would have to take Mo Williams off our hands.

If Howard confirms that he will extend with the Clippers and either, Anderson signs his qualifying or Orlando also takes Mo Williams, then we can start negotiating on whether Bledsoe should be included in the deal.

So either:

Griffin + Jordan for Howard (assuming he extends)

or

Griffin + Jordan + Williams for Dwight + Anderson (big contract)

or

Griffin + Jordan + Bledsoe for Dwight + Anderson (qualifying)

But it doesn't matter, this would never happen anyway.

I'm interested in Clips fans' opinions, you would do these trades?