PDA

View Full Version : Bosh injury update

justinnum1
06-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Mod can move this if they want

windhorst
Chris Bosh took part in shootaround with Heat this afternoon in Boston. Team continues to decline to reveal return date.

Based on recent activity, I suspect Bosh could try to play now, certainly by Game 5. But Heat will see how series goes & not push it

So bosh will most likely play in game 5 if we get to one.

Davidgta1
06-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Finally

yaswaggin
06-01-2012, 01:40 PM
I hope Miami doesn't rush him.

If they are up 3-1, let him keep resting

If its 2-2, MAYBE give him 15 minutes in game 5

Lakeshow24KB
06-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Lol sucks for boston

justinnum1
06-01-2012, 01:42 PM
I hope Miami doesn't rush him.

If they are up 3-1, let him keep resting

If its 2-2, MAYBE give him 15 minutes in game 5

Yea, i would be surprised if he is back during the celtics series, maybe if there is a game 6. But they def wont rush him back.

dnewguy
06-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Tonight is the best time to have him back when everyone else is tired.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Don't play him unless you absolutely have too.

With KG out there, wouldn't surprise me in he tries to injure him again.

Hawkeye15
06-01-2012, 01:48 PM
I mean, it would be great to get him some game action before running into either SAS/OKC. Knock the tiny amount of rust he has going. If the Heat are in a position to close game 5, I say go for it, he will probably get a little rest while the Spurs/Thunder series goes 7.

At least that is my guess. If the west series only goes 5, just rest him I guess.

SportsFanatic10
06-01-2012, 01:53 PM
good stuff!

JasonJohnHorn
06-01-2012, 01:56 PM
The Heat have a two game lead... I wouldnt rush him back for fear of agravating the injury. They seem to be playing fine without him, and besides, the officials have picked up the slack for Bosh's absence, so the Heat doesn't really need him on the floor right now.

MTL_123
06-01-2012, 01:57 PM
good but dnt rush him back

Fnom11
06-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Honestly the way Lebron and Wade have played without him I think he may actually hurt the team. This is the best ball this team has had since the Allstar break and I think it has more to do with Wade and Lebron not being vaginas and being their old dominant selves.

I'm not saying Bosh is bad or anything like that it's just when he's on the court Wade and Lebron seem to be lesser versions of their selves. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

MTL_123
06-01-2012, 01:59 PM
lol at the tag

Wade>You
06-01-2012, 02:02 PM
I knew this was good news when I saw Justin had posted it. Liking the tag, btw. :D

hugepatsfan
06-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Honestly the way Lebron and Wade have played without him I think he may actually hurt the team. This is the best ball this team has had since the Allstar break and I think it has more to do with Wade and Lebron not being vaginas and being their old dominant selves.

I'm not saying Bosh is bad or anything like that it's just when he's on the court Wade and Lebron seem to be lesser versions of their selves. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

When Bosh is in there they have to play team basketball. W/out him, they just iso Wade/Lebron and because they're better than everyone else they're going to shoot a high percentage and get to the line a ton. They have such easier responsibilities w/out Bosh because every other player is effective at just standing around waiting for a spot up shot. Bosh doesn't play like that, so they have to run more complicated plays to get him involved.

King41
06-01-2012, 02:08 PM
nice to see a player coming back

justinnum1
06-01-2012, 02:11 PM
IF the roll players stay in this groove they are in when bosh comes back, look out.

SouthSideRookie
06-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Yea, i would be surprised if he is back during the celtics series, maybe if there is a game 6. But they def wont rush him back.

I would seriously consider sitting Lebron and Wade for two games just to extend the series and get Chris some playing time before the finals.

Fnom11
06-01-2012, 02:33 PM
When Bosh is in there they have to play team basketball. W/out him, they just iso Wade/Lebron and because they're better than everyone else they're going to shoot a high percentage and get to the line a ton. They have such easier responsibilities w/out Bosh because every other player is effective at just standing around waiting for a spot up shot. Bosh doesn't play like that, so they have to run more complicated plays to get him involved.

Yeah that was kind of my point. I still like Bosh a lot and am a big fan but after watching them the past few games they really do seem to do well without him.

justinnum1
06-01-2012, 02:34 PM
I would seriously consider sitting Lebron and Wade for two games just to extend the series and get Chris some playing time before the finals.

i understand what your saying, but hell no.

beasted86
06-01-2012, 03:32 PM

I respectfully disagree with your opinion this is best streak of basketball we have seen from Miami this year, and the team played really really bad after the all-star break so that doesn't encourage me either.

Just because the team is on a 5 game win streak doesn't mean we've been playing that good. The team isn't nearly as disruptive as they've been earlier in the year on defense. The Celtics have 8 turnovers in the first 2 games of this series, and I'd call it more Ray Allen and Pierce missing than the HEAT doing anything special to give them bad looks. Rondo took a dump on the HEAT's so called defense and for a team that we should be slaughtering on the glass, we were dead even the last game. And this is playing at home mind you. Miami also hasn't been getting into transition like earlier in the season and aside from that one good game 4 win against Indy where we saw excellent off ball movement and passing the offense looks to revolve around LeBron, Wade, and Chalmers running a million pick and rolls instead of getting guys easier shots from passing and getting the defense off balance.

Bosh can help with a lot of these issues even if he's at 75% of his 18/8 effectiveness. If he gives us 14/6 that's still a huge upgrade.

Cal827
06-01-2012, 03:34 PM
:laugh: at the tag

Good to hear for the Heat.. like everyone is saying though... don't rush him back. They might be able to sweep this team without him.

Gibby
06-01-2012, 03:50 PM
they need to get him into one game so he has some sort of rhythm going into the finals.

DR_1
06-01-2012, 04:26 PM
The Heat have a two game lead... I wouldnt rush him back for fear of agravating the injury. They seem to be playing fine without him, and besides, the officials have picked up the slack for Bosh's absence, so the Heat doesn't really need him on the floor right now.
:laugh2: Too true.

Fnom11
06-01-2012, 04:33 PM
I respectfully disagree with your opinion this is best streak of basketball we have seen from Miami this year, and the team played really really bad after the all-star break so that doesn't encourage me either.

Just because the team is on a 5 game win streak doesn't mean we've been playing that good. The team isn't nearly as disruptive as they've been earlier in the year on defense. The Celtics have 8 turnovers in the first 2 games of this series, and I'd call it more Ray Allen and Pierce missing than the HEAT doing anything special to give them bad looks. Rondo took a dump on the HEAT's so called defense and for a team that we should be slaughtering on the glass, we were dead even the last game. And this is playing at home mind you. Miami also hasn't been getting into transition like earlier in the season and aside from that one good game 4 win against Indy where we saw excellent off ball movement and passing the offense looks to revolve around LeBron, Wade, and Chalmers running a million pick and rolls instead of getting guys easier shots from passing and getting the defense off balance.

Bosh can help with a lot of these issues even if he's at 75% of his 18/8 effectiveness. If he gives us 14/6 that's still a huge upgrade.

I agree to an extent. But it seems like without Bosh the role players have been player spectacular and so have Lebron and Wade in most games. It's like Lebron and Wade just don't look to score when Bosh is around and when he went down they knew they had to and it worked extremely well.

When Bosh comes back I really hope their offense continues to strive and Lebron and Wade are still able to keep up this attack the basket at all costs attitude which for some reason they didn't do with Bosh

JC_
06-01-2012, 05:01 PM
I agree to an extent. But it seems like without Bosh the role players have been player spectacular and so have Lebron and Wade in most games. It's like Lebron and Wade just don't look to score when Bosh is around and when he went down they knew they had to and it worked extremely well.

When Bosh comes back I really hope their offense continues to strive and Lebron and Wade are still able to keep up this attack the basket at all costs attitude which for some reason they didn't do with Bosh

Guys didn't do certain things with Bosh because they didn't have to. Bosh could pick up the slack and get them over the hump. Then Bosh got injured and the bench and Wade who were playing awful were forced to play well after losing 2 games. There is no reason they should be worse with him on the court after what they've gone through. I expect everyone to be at the top of their game when he comes back and I expect him to not try and force stuff. He's a huge upgrade on offense for a lot of reasons and he plays good team d so they should be that much better IMO.

beasted86
06-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Well the HEAT continued to get very little out of the frontcourt tonight forcing Spoesltra to go without a PF or C on the floor for a long stretch, and that's the only how we even got back in the game.

Bosh would have been a huge boost tonight. Haslem has become so inconsistent.

JoeyBoy718
06-01-2012, 11:38 PM
The annoying thing about Miami fans is they overreact after every game. I live in Miami and I listen to sports radio every day. After they lost those 2 games in a row to Indiana people were absolutely panicking. Then all of that talk reversed when they went on a little win streak. Now they lose a game to Boston and I can't wait to hear what people say on the radio tomorrow.

beasted86
06-01-2012, 11:42 PM
The annoying thing about Miami fans is they overreact after every game. I live in Miami and I listen to sports radio every day. After they lost those 2 games in a row to Indiana people were absolutely panicking. Then all of that talk reversed when they went on a little win streak. Now they lose a game to Boston and I can't wait to hear what people say on the radio tomorrow.

:bla:

Ahh, be quiet. You sound like a fool who has no idea what he's talking about and who's young and only lived in 1 city your whole life. Every city and fanbase has fans who overreact. Get on the internet or youtube after any loss and you will see this as common occurrence everywhere.

ChitownBears22
06-01-2012, 11:46 PM

That is the point of sports radio. People call in and complain. Miami sports radio probably is 90% Dolphins suck rants and 10% HEAT rants went they are losing.

Chicago sports radio is 95% cubs suck and 5% why is J'Marcus Webb our LT.

JC_
06-01-2012, 11:46 PM
Well the HEAT continued to get very little out of the frontcourt tonight forcing Spoesltra to go without a PF or C on the floor for a long stretch, and that's the only how we even got back in the game.

Bosh would have been a huge boost tonight. Haslem has become so inconsistent.

Definately would have been a huge boost.Those easy baskets by Garnett would have not been possible with Bosh playing him tough under the basket.

beasted86
06-02-2012, 12:01 AM
Definately would have been a huge boost.Those easy baskets by Garnett would have not been possible with Bosh playing him tough under the basket.

Well Bosh is the tallest player on the HEAT and would have done something to disrupt all of those lobs that were so easy for KG to catch being a good 5 inches taller than anyone on the Miami unit at times.

TopsyTurvy
06-02-2012, 12:03 AM
The Heat should only let Bosh back into the game if they are facing elimination - there's no other reason to rush him back considering how effective a healthier return could be.

DaSeba5
06-02-2012, 12:08 AM
The Heat should only let Bosh back into the game if they are facing elimination - there's no other reason to rush him back considering how effective a healthier return could be.

Unless he's fully healthy. He also needs to play off the rust.