PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox vs Blue Jays June 1-3

Pages : [1] 2

StealingSigns
06-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Boston Red Sox

http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/photos/707485/boston-red-sox-basic-logo-tank-by-alyssa-milano-profile.jpg

VS

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae23/snarlyb/milano_jays.jpg

Toronto Blue Jays

Friday, June 1, 7:07 PM ET

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_453329.jpg vs http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_506693.jpg
Clay Buchholz.........Henderson Alvarez
4-2, 7.19 ERA..........3-4, 3.56 ERA

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/mlb/images/team_logos/60x60/bos.gif
Buchholz is coming off his best start of the season when he allowed two runs over seven innings with six strikeouts against the Rays. The right-hander is 5-2 at Rogers Centre with a 1.62 ERA in seven career starts.

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/mlb/images/team_logos/60x60/tor.gif
Alvarez surrendered five runs during his last start against Texas. Most of the damage occurred in the sixth when Nelson Cruz, Yorvit Torrealba and Mitch Moreland hit three straight homers. Alvarez was then ejected for throwing inside to Ian Kinsler.

Saturday, June 2, 1:07 PM ET

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_467094.jpg vs http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_475138.jpg
Felix Doubront.........Kyle Drabek
5-2, 3.86 ERA...........4-5, 4.55 ERA

Doubront has been the most consistent starter for the Red Sox and leads the team with 59 strikeouts. The southpaw has not allowed more than two runs in any of his last four starts. He struck out six in five innings against Toronto on April 9.

Drabek surrendered a career-high nine runs during his most recent outing, against Texas. He struggled with his control, walking three batters in the second en route to a seven-run frame. He also allowed eight hits in his shortest start of the year.

Sunday, June 3, 1:07 PM ET

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_453268.jpg vs http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_571800.jpg
Daniel Bard........Drew Hutchison
5-5, 4.56 ERA.........4-2, 4.84 ERA

Bard cut down on his walks in his last outing, issuing two after walking at least four in each of his four previous starts. The right-hander will face the Blue Jays for the second time this year after allowing five runs in five innings on April 10.

Hutchison is coming off the best start of his brief Major League career. The rookie didn't allow a run in seven innings while striking out a career-high nine. He also upped his fastball velocity several notches by topping out at 95 mph.

Red Sox, Blue Jays looking to climb AL East ladder

The two teams that will kick off a three-game series in Toronto on Friday night are at the bottom of the American League East. But that's not to say that either the Blue Jays or Red Sox are having poor seasons. The AL East, after all, is one of two divisions in Major League Baseball in which every club is over .500.

Fresh off a sweep of the first-place Orioles, the Blue Jays are 27-24 and just two games behind the Orioles and Rays. The Red Sox, who had a three-game win streak snapped on Thursday, remain in last place, but at 26-25, they are just one game behind their opponent.

"They had a pretty good series against the Orioles, so if we can go in there and try to win all three from them, we'll be right there [in the standings]," said Boston outfielder Ryan Sweeney.

On Friday at Rogers Centre, Henderson Alvarez will get the ball for the Blue Jays, and Clay Buchholz is set to take the mound for the Red Sox.

Alvarez, a 22-year-old from Venezuela, lost his last two decisions, and the Blue Jays have been defeated in his last three starts. In his most recent outing, he surrendered back-to-back-to-back home runs by a trio of Rangers -- Nelson Cruz, Yorvit Torrealba and Mitch Moreland. A batter later, Alvarez was ejected for throwing a fastball too far inside to Ian Kinsler.

The game went 13 innings and ended on a walk-off home run by Rangers star Josh Hamilton.

Buchholz, on the other hand, is coming off his best start of the season, having given up only two runs on eight hits in seven innings against Tampa Bay. He left the game in line for the win, but Alfredo Aceves blew the save in the ninth in a 4-3 Red Sox loss.

"The big thing was, I stayed out of the middle of the plate, for the most part," Buchholz said. "When I missed I missed off the plate, either away or in. I felt like I was able to throw almost all my pitches for strikes at some point during the game. I felt this good my past three starts, I just hadn't had the results."

The two clubs played a three-game series from April 9-11, with the Blue Jays taking two of three.

Red Sox: Pedroia misses third straight game
Dustin Pedroia has not played since Monday vs. the Tigers and the Red Sox continue to wait and see if the second baseman's torn adductor muscle in his right thumb will heal in time for him avoid a trip to the disabled list.

Pedroia injured the thumb more than three weeks ago before it finally became too much after five innings on Monday. The Red Sox are 2-1 while playing with essentially a 24-man roster over the past three games.

Still, Boston has not decided on whether Pedroia will go on the DL and will likely play with a reduced roster for at least Friday's game.

"No one new is coming with us," manager Bobby Valentine said.

"We have a plan. We don't want to put the plan in until we need to. I suspect before the weekend is over there will be another infielder, but maybe not."

Blue Jays: No timetable for Snider's return
The Blue Jays have not seen any significant progress as Travis Snider rehabs his injured right wrist, and there is no timetable for his return to the playing field.

Snider, who sustained the injury while playing with Triple-A Las Vegas on April 26, is rehabbing at the Blue Jays' Minor League complex in Dunedin, Fla.

"He's continuing to receive treatment," manager John Farrell said. "There has really been no advancing of a hitting progression of any kind. The updates that I have [say] that he's continuing to receive treatment to let all the symptoms that he was experiencing when he tried to come back be resolved in its entirety."

As a precaution, Kelly Johnson was kept out of Wednesday's lineup. The second baseman has been dealing with a sore hamstring for several weeks, but he played on Monday and Tuesday in wins against Baltimore.

Worth noting
Farrell deemed shortstop Yunel Escobar, who had been dealing with a sore left groin, "pretty much good to go."

"If he's pressed on a first-to-third situation or if there's a movement that might stress the groin, we'll certainly monitor, but he came out [on Tuesday] night OK," Farrell said.

In 12 career games (11 starts) against the Blue Jays, Buchholz is 7-3 with a 2.58 ERA.

In two starts against the Red Sox, Alvarez is 0-0 and he has allowed just one run in 12 innings.

2009mvp
06-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Fix your **** Kyle, like, now.

Bob_at_york
06-01-2012, 09:41 AM
I am expecting an exciting series!

AA09-?
06-01-2012, 09:43 AM
We need to at least take 2 of 3...Sox are starting to play better so it won't be easy.

scottythegreat1
06-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Sox take this series 2/3 games

Well, We have won 3 in a row, so the Jays win the first game, then the Sox will take the next 2 (and the White Sox will take the first two of the next series).

Dont get me wrong, we need to win 2 games here, but with our streaky nature this season, combined with the fact that Boston is playing good baseball again, its not going to be an easy series.

The sad story about my being realistic is also the fact that Baltimore and Tampa are playing each other this weekend, so we could gain a game (if we were to sweep the Sox) if one team doesnt sweep the other.

Canadian hemi
06-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Sox take this series 2/3 games

Well, We have won 3 in a row, so the Jays win the first game, then the Sox will take the next 2 (and the White Sox will take the first two of the next series).

Dont get me wrong, we need to win 2 games here, but with our streaky nature this season, combined with the fact that Boston is playing good baseball again, its not going to be an easy series.

The sad story about my being realistic is also the fact that Baltimore and Tampa are playing each other this weekend, so we could gain a game (if we were to sweep the Sox) if one team doesnt sweep the other.

Close, but the Sox win the 1st 2 games, and we win the 3rd.

I agree with our streaky play this year. It's very annoying :facepalm:

Nels@Ryerson
06-01-2012, 11:05 AM
will be at the sunday game.... Hoping for the sweep... but think we can take 2 of out 3...

bartron_44
06-01-2012, 11:17 AM
we have the man in white..so it should be a sweep for the Jays ...lol :)

If we can sweep this 3 game set, it will put some distance between us and Boston ,and probably leap from us into 2nd place in the AL East at 30-24...I smell a sweep coming in TB for the Rays. The Orioles just threw their number 1 and lost...so they could be in for a few more before that losing streak ends.

mtf
06-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Got tickets, great seats, for 2 of these games. Missing the Drabek start, it's probably for the best. Voted 2/3 for Jays.

bomber0104
06-01-2012, 11:53 AM
good thing is we're gonna miss Pedroia.. but the bad thing is teams that we played have been missing their top players all year and we haven't taken advantage much..

the Red Sox can still score tonnes of runs and the pitchers we have going will give them up too..

this comes down to whos young pitchers perform better

i say we lose 2

DwayneMVPwade
06-01-2012, 12:34 PM
no Lester, No Beckett. I like us winning 2 of 3 or even sweeping

mtf
06-01-2012, 12:48 PM

No Morrow or Romero either, though. Alvarez and Hutchison are not really struggling, 1 bad start each recently, and Hutchison rebounded from his already.

miller74
06-01-2012, 12:58 PM

jays own beckett in TO, i was hoping he was going to pitch. Bucholz is struggling but hes really has owned the jays

MrForever
06-01-2012, 03:25 PM

Batting against Beckett and Lester right now would be a good thing

wagnall
06-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Looking forward to a good series, and regulated beer consumption this time . Boston just took 3 of 4 from Detroit, watched that game, other than SP, Fielder and Cabrera, that team does not look deep. But Bostons line up didn't look much better. I think we win 2 of 3. Bucholz has had good success at Rogers. We win 2 and 3.

bomber0104
06-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Looking forward to a good series, and regulated beer consumption this time . Boston just took 3 of 4 from Detroit, watched that game, other than SP, Fielder and Cabrera, that team does not look deep. But Bostons line up didn't look much better. I think we win 2 of 3. Bucholz has had good success at Rogers. We win 2 and 3.

they aren't as good without Pedroia but they still have 4 very good hitters in Agon, Ortiz, Youk and Middlebrooks..

they also have sweeney who has killed us since his days in oakland and decent role players in aviles and Nava

wagnall
06-01-2012, 03:41 PM
^ I agree they have some weapons. Its just that last year they had a line up that from top to bottom the feeling was that that was the best line up in the AL.. Seems like this year its just not as scary as it used to be.

By the way , when is Crawford expected back?

bartron_44
06-01-2012, 03:56 PM
without Ellsbury,Pedroia and Crawford, they are down 3 all-stars. Of course it isn't going to look as scary as last year. It seems like they keep replacing their all-stars with guys with talent though.....

They were without Youk for a stretch, but Middlebrooks filled in with an OPS of .922 and actually upgraded their lineup.

Nava has an OPS of .900 in LF, so he has upgraded their lineups production from LF significantly over last year with Crawford.

Marlon byrd failed in CF, but Scot Podsednik has filled in for the past 7 games with an average of .444 and an OPS of 1.167

They are getting MUCH better production from Sweeney this year then they did from Drew in 2011, and their catchers are producing much better this year over the tandem from 2011.

Not as many well known names, but they can still put up runs...

Jays Claw
06-01-2012, 04:06 PM
The pitching matchups seem to be quite even considering all 6 of them are currently struggling. I think we take 2/3 with both Alvarez and Drabek winning their starts.

wagnall
06-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Johnson 2nd
Escobar SS
Bautista RF
EE DH
Rasmus CF
Lawrie 3rd
Jpa C
Cooper 1st
Davis LF

Looks about right!

bomber0104
06-01-2012, 04:44 PM
without Ellsbury,Pedroia and Crawford, they are down 3 all-stars. Of course it isn't going to look as scary as last year. It seems like they keep replacing their all-stars with guys with talent though.....

They were without Youk for a stretch, but Middlebrooks filled in with an OPS of .922 and actually upgraded their lineup.

Nava has an OPS of .900 in LF, so he has upgraded their lineups production from LF significantly over last year with Crawford.

Marlon byrd failed in CF, but Scot Podsednik has filled in for the past 7 games with an average of .444 and an OPS of 1.167

They are getting MUCH better production from Sweeney this year then they did from Drew in 2011, and their catchers are producing much better this year over the tandem from 2011.

for sure... even Saltalamchia is having a ridiculous year.. he has a .954 OPS vs. righties this year and he will face 3 of them this series..

i have a feeling the Sox are gonna put up a lot of runs here which is why the Jays felt the need to call up Coello to go with an 8 man bullpen

bomber0104
06-01-2012, 04:44 PM
ofcourse, even the worst starter they have going in Buchholz has a 2.54 ERA against us.. we never hit him

town123
06-01-2012, 04:51 PM
ofcourse, even the worst starter they have going in Buchholz has a 2.54 ERA against us.. we never hit him

Is is too late for Fair-ail to go to the Bosox for Clay?

craigerlee
06-01-2012, 04:51 PM

You do realize this isn't the same Clay Bucholz right?

wagnall
06-01-2012, 04:53 PM

Totally agree, with all these injuries, they've found some guys that are really contributing. Just meant, the line up just sounded scarier last year, but this line up is producing and can put up runs. They just humbled Verlander and took 3 of 4 from them. They seem to be gaining strength every series. Even with some big names out.

es0terik
06-01-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm looking for the video clip of I think it was a few weeks ago and a guy was called out at first base even though the first baseman was like a good two feet off the base. Does anyone remember who the players in that were? Or even a link to the video?

WhatSayYou
06-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Johnson-2B,
Escobar-SS,
Bautista-RF,
Encarnacion-DH,
Rasmus-CF,
Lawrie-3B,
Arencibia-C,
Cooper-1B,
Davis-LF

Wouldn't mind seeing Escobar out of the two hole, atleast 'til he can get it going

wagnall
06-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Looks like the same line up I posted. LOL :)

North Yorker
06-01-2012, 05:31 PM
I'm looking for the video clip of I think it was a few weeks ago and a guy was called out at first base even though the first baseman was like a good two feet off the base. Does anyone remember who the players in that were? Or even a link to the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goZAKhjG15k

WhatSayYou
06-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Looks like the same line up I posted. LOL :)

lol Sorry missed that

wagnall
06-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Johnson-2B,
Escobar-SS,
Bautista-RF,
Encarnacion-DH,
Rasmus-CF,
Lawrie-3B,
Arencibia-C,
Cooper-1B,
Davis-LF

Wouldn't mind seeing Escobar out of the two hole, atleast 'til he can get it going

I liked when Rasmus was hitting in the 2 hole. Both him and Escobar have simular OBP., only Rasmus keeps going up and Escobar keeps going down. If Escobar keeps going south at what point do you say he's not helping us at the top of the order. I know he has the talent to turn this around, but just saying it could become an issue.

es0terik
06-01-2012, 05:42 PM

Thanks a lot :)

town123
06-01-2012, 06:03 PM

Classic. Accountablity? Zero.

MrForever
06-01-2012, 06:04 PM
I'd be much happier if Rasmus or Lawrie was batting in the 2 hole instead of Escobar.

wagnall
06-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Thats my time, off to the game. At the request of my wife I will not be doing a beer for every Jays run this series cause she thinks this is going to be a high scoring series and she wants me to live. :surrender: But a few won't hurt. :)
Talk later! Go Jays Go :clap:

JaysFan87
06-01-2012, 06:56 PM
I liked when Rasmus was hitting in the 2 hole. Both him and Escobar have simular OBP., only Rasmus keeps going up and Escobar keeps going down. If Escobar keeps going south at what point do you say he's not helping us at the top of the order. I know he has the talent to turn this around, but just saying it could become an issue.

He's not going south. his been playing better since his bad april. He does need to be better though.

Bob Loblaw
06-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Looks like Alvarez is going back to the goggles.

craigerlee
06-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Holy **** does Bucholz take forever between pitches. Gonna be a long night.

Bob Loblaw
06-01-2012, 07:18 PM
'if you get to him early chances are....you can get to him early on' great insight Buck

WhatSayYou
I'll take that

1hardcore
That was a great call by the ump

Bob Loblaw
06-01-2012, 07:19 PM
boom, 2 errors and were in business

Tmath
I'll take that also.

Tmath
Need to take advantage here.

JaysFan87
ill take it

WhatSayYou
06-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Don't do that Jose, you look stupid

WhatSayYou
06-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Pitch seemed fine

The_Realist
06-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Watch out for Geddy Lee (Rush) behind home plate wearing the maroon baseball hat. I love Rush almost as much as I love the Blue Jays :)

craigerlee
06-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Least were making him work. Be nice to get to that bullpen early

Bob Loblaw
06-01-2012, 07:23 PM
dont blame the ump cuz u cant hit a fb down the middle

and **** sakes EE

craigerlee
06-01-2012, 07:24 PM
The umps should start booting Bautista as soon as he starts arguing balls and strikes. Its getting ridiculous arguing every AB.

Tmath
06-01-2012, 07:24 PM
And we fail to take advantage...

BeerJays
06-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Joey Bats is a little girl. He needs to learn to walk to the dugout without consistently raging on the umpire... The ump needs to kick him out cause its disgusting to watch every day.

Bob Loblaw
06-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Ortiz puts up those #s with every team using a shift against him, imagine if he hit against a straight up d all the time.

Bob Loblaw
06-01-2012, 07:30 PM
what an amazing ab by Ortiz

Tmath
Alvarez too predictable.

WhatSayYou
What an AB

ILDD
06-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Orioles suddenly looking terrible - it's almost as if they are a bad team that were playing above their heads for about 6 weeks.

All the ball washing can now stop as they fall back to their customary last place.

Budsfan4life
06-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Ouch rays are leading 5-0 over the Orioles. Just as I thought the hot start they had was nothing but a tease.

JaysFan87
06-01-2012, 07:55 PM
^^^ no but the orioles are going to win the the division (suddenly)...

rapsjaysfan88
06-01-2012, 07:56 PM
sinker isnt sinking

Tmath
06-01-2012, 08:02 PM
HR Escobar

Tmath
06-01-2012, 08:03 PM
OMG Bautista stfu.

Tmath
06-01-2012, 08:06 PM
What is Jose crying about?

WhatSayYou
06-01-2012, 08:06 PM
OMG Bautista stfu.

lol he's annoying me too

WhatSayYou
06-01-2012, 08:07 PM
What is Jose crying about?

Apparently the umpire was quietly muttering "Batta, Batta, swing!"

BeerJays
06-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Honesly are you serious bautista... Your becoming a joke, it's every at bat. Stop being such a little *****.

rapsjaysfan88
06-01-2012, 08:08 PM
jose swings at junk and gets mad at the ump. jf should say something 2 him

BeerJays
06-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Jose is the only batter that thinks the worlds against him

Bob Loblaw
06-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Jose would always complain about calls last year too, but he would end up getting a hit/walk instead of k'ing which makes it look worse

Tmath
06-01-2012, 08:13 PM
He's trying to hit it into the 5th deck every pitch, he needs to just try driving the ball, the HR's will come.

Tmath
06-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Rasmus keeps hitting

ILDD
06-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Rasmus keeps hitting

Top 10 player in all baseball (by wOBA) in the last 14 days. Combine that with excellent defense at a premium position and you have a very, very valuable player.

Bob Loblaw
06-01-2012, 08:21 PM
i wish the man in white would return

JaysFan87
06-01-2012, 08:23 PM
again?:(

Tmath
06-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Not again...

Bob Loblaw
06-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Great now alvarez gets hit with a comebacker

WhatSayYou
06-01-2012, 08:25 PM
An inspiration to all of us

Bob Loblaw
06-01-2012, 08:27 PM
holy. turned 2 with the hit and run on

Tmath
06-01-2012, 08:27 PM
I think it helped him

MrForever
06-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Johnson is great

Tmath
06-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Cooper is a hitting machine

WhatSayYou
Like a young Lyle Overbay

WhatSayYou
Mike Wilner ‏@Wilnerness590
Alvarez wasn't able to cover first on Punto grounder, and sighed in pain as he walked off field to end top5. #Bluejays bullpen getting up

Looks like he's done

Tmath
06-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Someone on the field?

FlakeyFool
looks like bomber ran out onto the field to beat up farrel

MrForever
Cooper is legit. Finally he's proving me right. I've always been a fan of his and I really hope the jays give him a long look. We could really use his contact approach on the team.

TOJAYS
06-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Someone on the field?

I think its the red sox troll that always posts here!

Bob Loblaw
06-01-2012, 08:35 PM
now KJ should bunt

ILDD
06-01-2012, 08:35 PM
The ump knows that the pitcher has 12 seconds to deliver the pitch right? Are they playing that rule today?

Honestly, Buchholz is slower than evolution.

Tmath
06-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Useless at bat Johnson

Bob Loblaw
06-01-2012, 08:37 PM
k's on 4 pitches, none of them strikes

Tmath
06-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Here comes the DP

Tmath
06-01-2012, 08:38 PM
So ****ing predictable

Bob Loblaw
way to waste a lead off double, losers

FlakeyFool
can escobar hit a none grounder sometime? I know hes the best ever but come on

rapsjaysfan88
06-01-2012, 08:39 PM
dammit bucholz is getting lucky

BeerJays
06-01-2012, 08:39 PM
He just hit a solo home run a couple innings ago sir

FLeays
06-01-2012, 08:40 PM
crooked number will come in the bottom of the 6th

Tmath
06-01-2012, 08:40 PM
That is why Colby should stay in the 2 hole

FLeays
06-01-2012, 08:42 PM
That is why Colby should stay in the 2 hole

With Lawrie at the top?

FlakeyFool
06-01-2012, 08:43 PM
you would want lawrie on top you sick freak

FLeays
06-01-2012, 08:45 PM
you would want lawrie on top you sick freak

said at the top, not on top.

MrForever
Lead off double should be a run no matter what

Tmath
With Lawrie at the top?

I wouldn't mind Lawrie leading off, he has the speed, doesn't walk enough though.

Tmath
06-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Lead off double should be a run no matter what

Not for the Jays

Tmath
06-01-2012, 08:50 PM
This is only going to get worse, might switch over to basketball.

WhatSayYou
06-01-2012, 08:51 PM
THought he could've gone home there, still getting 2 woulda been huge

MrForever
06-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Frustrating game

Bob Loblaw
06-01-2012, 08:52 PM
well he got the dp, but now they need some ****ing runs

Tmath
06-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Whinetista leading off

Bob Loblaw
06-01-2012, 08:59 PM
ugh, Buchholz has the pitch count to go another couple innings too

FLeays
geez 3k's Bautista

Bob Loblaw
now EE is crying, swing the ****ing bat

FlakeyFool
06-01-2012, 09:00 PM
wah wah stfu ee

hntrr31
06-01-2012, 09:01 PM
What a pathetic performance.

hntrr31
06-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Bautista really needs to sack up already.

Bob Loblaw
06-01-2012, 09:02 PM
god damnit were horrible.

FLeays
06-01-2012, 09:02 PM
at the end of the game Buch will probably have a better ERA than Alvarez

Bob Loblaw
06-01-2012, 09:05 PM
and Sweeney contines to kill the jays

Bob Loblaw
06-01-2012, 09:08 PM
at the end of the game Buch will probably have a better ERA than Alvarez

hes shaved over half an earned run already from his 7+ era. how are we not hammering this jobber

Bob Loblaw
06-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Punto looked safe live too, ump i guess rewarding the nice play

FLeays
06-01-2012, 09:13 PM
hes shaved over half an earned run already from his 7+ era. how are we not hammering this jobber

Simple. Jays suck

Bob Loblaw
06-01-2012, 09:15 PM
what a joke this team is. im gong to stop wasting my friday night

craigerlee
06-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Damn you Scott Podsednik and your extremely hot wife!

FLeays
06-01-2012, 09:16 PM
****ing Perez

Tmath
06-01-2012, 09:17 PM
I've seen enough, I think we get swept with Drabek & Hutch pitching the next 2 games.

FLeays
06-01-2012, 09:17 PM
The hell Perez can't get lefty's out?

FLeays
06-01-2012, 09:18 PM
If you told me a team was going to score 7 run tonight my first guess would have been Jays

adid727
06-01-2012, 09:50 PM
congratulations to santana for getting the mets first no-hitter :D

rapsjaysfan88
06-01-2012, 10:08 PM
I hope Drabek can throw some strikes or it could be a long day tomorrow

Eagles4Lyfe
06-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Here we go again the inconsistant Jays.
Win 4 lose 4, win 2 lose 2, win 5 lose 5.
Swept Orioles now hopefully lets not start a new streak

ah nuts
06-02-2012, 12:46 AM
Here we go again the inconsistant Jays.
Win 4 lose 4, win 2 lose 2, win 5 lose 5.
Swept Orioles now hopefully lets not start a new streak

other teams can't be doing much better, the jays are 3 games behind.
but seriously, yeah... I watch, they lose, I stop watching, they win...I watch again, they lose...etc..

i could see this team making a good winning streak in june or july.
I'm worried about august with all these young arms.

rapsjaysfan88
06-02-2012, 12:54 AM
I hope this doesn't turn into the Boston series like last year, we're Drabek got demoted and our entire pitching was destroyed

Toxeryll
06-02-2012, 12:58 AM
i see drabek not getting out of the first couple of innings tomorrow

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 02:35 AM
had a wedding so i didn 't watch any of the game

but really no surprises... Alvarez is gonna continue to regress if he doesn't get an out pitch and a Sox lineup with 7 lefties was due to get tonnes of hit (I won $1000 on the Sox over 8.5 hits)

and of course, Buchholz dominates as us per usual.. we are the only team that can't hit that scrub.. its a ****ing joke

Like i said earlier, we win 1 at best and a sweep wouldn't surprise me one bit

1hardcore
06-02-2012, 05:55 AM
Jee what's new...

sweep on the O's, but then of course they lose the first game to the bo sox

Nica
06-02-2012, 10:30 AM
I hope this doesn't turn into the Boston series like last year, we're Drabek got demoted and our entire pitching was destroyed

That was a brutal beat down last year

North Yorker
06-02-2012, 11:02 AM
1. Kelly Johnson (L) 2B
2. Yunel Escobar (R) SS
3. Jose Bautista (R) RF
4. Edwin Encarnacion (R) 1B
5. Colby Rasmus (L) CF
6. Brett Lawrie (R) 3B
7. Rajai Davis (R) LF
8. David Cooper (L) DH
9. Jeff Mathis (R) C

Eagles4Lyfe
06-02-2012, 11:15 AM
I just want someone to explain to me why Rasmus was hitting second for one game did a sick job at it then was never hit there again??
Im just curious whether I missed something

Dol-Fan
06-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Not looking forward to Drabek today...Zaun with a lofty prediction. Guaranteed that Drabek will be great today.

Dol-Fan
06-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Escobar is an assassin in the field

Bob Loblaw
06-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Doubront a strikeout pitcher vs. the Jays? he should easily set a new career high in ks

Valleyfella
06-02-2012, 01:26 PM
I just want someone to explain to me why Rasmus was hitting second for one game did a sick job at it then was never hit there again??
Im just curious whether I missed something
Exactly. Particularly when Johnson has gone into a strikeout funk. Maybe his hamstring is hurting him at the plate. Why not move him down in the order for a while and let Escobar and Rasmus bat first and second respectively.

JaysFan87
06-02-2012, 01:30 PM
So help me god, if i hear buck say he only cares about "production" from catchers and not OBP, I wont be held responsible of my actions.

Dol-Fan
06-02-2012, 01:34 PM
So help me god, if i hear buck say he only cares about "production" from catchers and not OBP, I wont be held responsible of my actions.

but you don't want catchers on the base paths anyway

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 01:36 PM
wow **** drabek... why the **** are u throwing him a fastball 1-2 u ****ing idiot.. go back to the curveball you moron

what a terrible pitch call.. and u have ****ing punto on deck why are u throwing middlebrooks a fastball..

its that kind of stuff that makes you want to quit watching this team..

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 01:36 PM
while doubront falls behind every single hitter and still doesn't give us a pitch to hit

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 01:37 PM
now punto doubles... send this ****ing scrub to the minors already

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 01:37 PM
gonna get ****ing hammered by this team yet again

Dol-Fan
06-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Not looking forward to Drabek today...Zaun with a lofty prediction. Guaranteed that Drabek will be great today.

KyLoLe Drabek

jaysforever
06-02-2012, 01:38 PM
feeling like a sweep this weekend. Sox are really looking fired up and toronto just not matching, on the mound or at the plate.

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 01:39 PM
haha.. nice Rasmus.. this team is such a joke

the difference between us and the AL elite is ****ing massive

Dol-Fan
06-02-2012, 01:40 PM
You don't know how you can penalize Kyle Drabek there? Uhhhh line drive, luckily hit right to the CF. He deserves to get shelled.

Bearclaw
06-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Welp that's game.

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 01:41 PM
game over in the 2nd again.. yea lets keep giving this scrub more starts

JaysFan87
06-02-2012, 01:42 PM
drabek should have been out of it with less damage. Would love to see the replay on the rasmus play again.

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 01:43 PM
drabek should have been out of it with less damage. Would love to see the replay on the rasmus play again.

does it matter though.. he walked a guy and gave up 4 straight line drives

JaysFan87
06-02-2012, 01:44 PM
does it matter though.. he walked a guy and gave up 4 straight line drives

sure but still should have gotten out of it

Dol-Fan
06-02-2012, 01:44 PM

should have had it but ML hitters hit like .700 on line drives. You give up hard hit liners, you're going to get rocked. sure he should have been out of it but that ball could have just as easily gone off to left-centre, well away from any fielder. You serve it up so the opposition can hit hard liners like that and you deserve to give up 5+ runs

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 01:45 PM
walk.. we need more of those

JaysFan87
06-02-2012, 01:47 PM
should have had it but ML hitters hit like .700 on line drives. You give up hard hit liners, you're going to get rocked. sure he should have been out of it but that ball could have just as easily gone off to left-centre, well away from any fielder. You serve it up so the opposition can hit hard liners like that and you deserve to give up 5+ runs

right i get that. But it still should of been out of it.

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 01:50 PM
great leadoff walk and next 2 guys can't do ****

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 01:51 PM
some terrific abs yet again

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 01:52 PM
they hit our scrubs, we can't hit theirs.. pretty much exactly how i thought this series would go

rapsjaysfan88
06-02-2012, 01:53 PM
game over in the 2nd again.. yea lets keep giving this scrub more starts

ya lets not develop one of our best pitching prospects and give his spot to guys like laffey. great way to become a successfulm team.

mtf
06-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Buck Martinez looked pretty creepy talking to Jason Frasor's wife.

JaysFan87
06-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Buck Martinez looked pretty creepy talking to Jason Frasor's wife.

Guess ashby isnt doing it for him anymore?

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 01:56 PM
ya lets not develop one of our best pitching prospects and give his spot to guys like laffey. great way to become a successfulm team.

the guy isn't gonna learn anything while getting hammered in the big leagues..

send him down to single A and get his delivery in order from scratch

Twitchy
06-02-2012, 02:00 PM

I have to agree with Bomber in this case. Drabek hasn't made any progress from last year. His walk rate and K rate are identical and in the 6's, and that's no better than last year. This is despite being sent to the minors, and supposedly fixing himself in the offseason.

We're 11 starts into this season and 28 starts into his career. I'm all for letting prospects who actually show that they're progressing and making changes to learn in the majors, but Drabek still doesn't even have the most basic concept - throwing the ball with control.

This is something that needs to be worked on in the minors. Nobody is saying call up Laffey, but there's a big flaw with Drabek and he needs to correct it in the minors before he can gain some worthwhile development in the majors.

At this point you or I has a better chance of getting out of an inning. Drabek just has no idea where the ball is going and that's not something that is fixable in the majors. Not when it's this bad.

rapsjaysfan88
06-02-2012, 02:01 PM
the guy isn't gonna learn anything while getting hammered in the big leagues..

send him down to single A and get his delivery in order from scratch

maybe our cf should go down 2 the minors and learn how to catch a ball. he needs fb control, look at morrow same thing, be patient and let the guys develop.

JaysFan87
06-02-2012, 02:04 PM
didnt think that was going out.

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 02:04 PM
whaaat?? opposite field for mathis

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 02:05 PM
maybe our cf should go down 2 the minors and learn how to catch a ball. he needs fb control, look at morrow same thing, be patient and let the guys develop.

morrow improved his walk rates every year since we got him.. like twitchy said, drabek is the same pitcher he was last year... a terrible one

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 02:07 PM
alright now we need a bomb

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 02:08 PM
**** u bautista... the guy can't get a big hit to save his life

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 02:10 PM
caught another break.. now Rasmus better redeem himself..

but i expect a strikeout

Tmath
06-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Just got home... what have I missed?... Drabek still walking everyone?

JaysFan87
06-02-2012, 02:11 PM
caught another break.. now Rasmus better redeem himself..

but i expect a strikeout

i would say teh soxs caught the break. Hardest hit ball today...right at the SS.

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 02:13 PM
**** u rasmus.. ****ing pathetic game he's having

rapsjaysfan88
06-02-2012, 02:14 PM
man that error on rasmus is huge so far

Twitchy
06-02-2012, 02:16 PM
How was nobody backing up that throw? That's brutal. Good throw by Bautista, completely wasted.

Tmath
06-02-2012, 02:17 PM
man that error on rasmus is huge so far

What happened? I missed it.

JaysFan87
06-02-2012, 02:17 PM
How was nobody backing up that throw? That's brutal. Good throw by Bautista, completely wasted.

drabek prolly has to be there. Lawrie needs to stay at 3rd.

Twitchy
06-02-2012, 02:19 PM
drabek prolly has to be there. Lawrie needs to stay at 3rd.

Yeah on the replay Drabek stood there and ran after the throw got past Escobar. Why is he just standing on the mound?

I'm gonna echo bomber here but they need to get rid of him. Drabek is just terrible and I've said so since last year.

rapsjaysfan88
06-02-2012, 02:20 PM
our d has been brutal the last couple weeks, cost us 3 runs already 2day

JaysFan87
06-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Yeah on the replay Drabek stood there and ran after the throw got past Escobar. Why is he just standing on the mound?

I'm gonna echo bomber here but they need to get rid of him. Drabek is just terrible and I've said so since last year.

I still think there is upside there and he is absolutely a work in progress. But I dont think you just get rid of him .

bomber0104
now that tool is costing us runs because he doesn't know the fundamentals of the game..

he is clearly ****ing lost.. why would u stand and watch the ball and not cover 3B there

rapsjaysfan88

to be fair our 3,4,5 pitchers should all be in the minors

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 02:23 PM
I still think there is upside there and he is absolutely a work in progress. But I dont think you just get rid of him .

yea but he really needs to go down.. his demeanor is gonna go back to the ******* once the runs keep on piling on and thats not a good influence on other players

JaysFan87
06-02-2012, 02:25 PM
to be fair our 3,4,5 pitchers should all be in the minors

maybe alvarez but not hutch.

Dol-Fan
06-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Mathis is a beast.

rapsjaysfan88
06-02-2012, 02:27 PM
maybe alvarez but not hutch.

hutch and alvarez need alot of work on their secondary stuff

JaysFan87
06-02-2012, 02:29 PM
yea but he really needs to go down.. his demeanor is gonna go back to the ******* once the runs keep on piling on and thats not a good influence on other players

Yea but i still see spurts of dominance within the game that tell me he has the stuff and the mechanics to be very good its his consistency that needs to be improved. I dont know if its going to improve in the minor leagues.

Twitchy
06-02-2012, 02:30 PM
So it's nice to see them take advantage of another team's mistake. Good AB by Johnson.

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 02:31 PM
would it kill these idiots to have a big hit once in a while.. **** u escobar

JaysFan87
06-02-2012, 02:32 PM
hutch and alvarez need alot of work on their secondary stuff

Hutch has been the 3rd maybe even second best pitcher on this team this year. And he is improving over the last 4 starts.

mtf
would it kill these idiots to have a big hit once in a while.. **** u escobar

Do you ever quit raging? I mean, it's just a baseball game. You can't even be accused of being passionate, it's just pure rage all the time.

bomber0104
Yea but i still see spurts of dominance within the game that tell me he has the stuff and the mechanics to be very good its his consistency that needs to be improved. I dont know if its going to improve in the minor leagues.

that is exactly where it needs to improve.. his mechanics are sure not gonna improve here when he has 2 guys on every inning

PJ Awesome
06-02-2012, 02:33 PM
I hate my job! I barely post here anymore!

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 02:34 PM
this should be a 2-2 game if we can play a lick of defense

JaysFan87
06-02-2012, 02:36 PM
this should be a 2-2 game if we can play a lick of defense

They can its just not going to be 100% all the time, which is going to happen, its baseball. The real miscue was the rasmus play but he has made enough great players and is very consistent that I can give him the benefit of the doubt.

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 02:38 PM
we need a big inning.. 1 run at a time isn't gonna cut it

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 02:38 PM
They can its just not going to be 100% all the time, which is going to happen, its baseball. The real miscue was the rasmus play but he has made enough great players and is very consistent that I can give him the benefit of the doubt.

Youkilis moving to 3rd was probably the more elementary one.. that is baseball 101

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 02:39 PM
now he hits a fricken HR.. another solo shot

JaysFan87
chip chip, chip away!

Tmath
Solo HR Bautista

mtf
we need a big inning.. 1 run at a time isn't gonna cut it

Why? If they get 1 run an inning over 5 innings, how is that worse than 5 run in 1 inning followed by 4 scoreless?

PJ Awesome
06-02-2012, 02:40 PM
good stuff. And bomber only you would find something to complain about after he hits a home run

JaysFan87
Youkilis moving to 3rd was probably the more elementary one.. that is baseball 101

that was on drabek and for that you need to be better and smarter there is no excuse. But the one on rasmus i can forgive. For the most part the defense has been very good this year.

bomber0104
Why? If they get 1 run an inning over 5 innings, how is that worse than 5 run in 1 inning followed by 4 scoreless?

because the sox are probably not done scoring either

mtf
06-02-2012, 02:41 PM
good stuff. And bomber only you would find something to complain about after he hits a home run

Seriously.

For all the whining that's been done, it's still only a 2 run ball-game in the 5th inning with 0 outs at the moment.

JaysFan87
06-02-2012, 02:42 PM
now he hits a fricken HR.. another solo shot

its baseball?! you cant choose your hits, they come when they come.

JaysFan87

the jays have scored in more innings than the soxs. Just saying.

mtf

Which doesn't answer the question at all.

I was asking why is 5 runs in 1 inning followed by 4 scoreless better than 1 run per inning over 5 innings. Both equate to the same amount of runs scored over the same amount of time, but by your analysis only 1 is permissible.

Twitchy
06-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Seriously.

For all the whining that's been done, it's still only a 2 run ball-game in the 5th inning with 0 outs at the moment.

Very true. The errors have been so costly but the Jays are fighting back.

JaysFan87
06-02-2012, 02:47 PM
I know you can take away innings but drabek has been very good outside that 2nd inning today.

mtf
06-02-2012, 02:49 PM
I know you can take away innings but drabek has been very good outside that 2nd inning today.

Yeah, he's been pretty reasonable outside of the 2nd. Especially these latest 2 innings.

Young pitchers will make mistakes, but if the experience helps them improve then in the long run I really don't mind the growing pains.

A lot of the whining around Drabek reminds me of Morrow last year with people actually questioning the League/Morrow trade asking if the Mariners got the best of it. :facepalm:

Tmath
06-02-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm beginning to think JaysFan87 is Mike Wilner.

rapsjaysfan88
06-02-2012, 02:51 PM

exactly if rasmus makes a catch drabek goes 6 innings and gives up 2 or 3 runs against the 2nd best offense in the majors.

mtf

Mike Wilner would never have a Maple Leafs forum avatar.

bomber0104
davis is just not a regular.. call up Gose or Sierra..

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 02:53 PM

i've mentioned this a few times before.. the guys share the exact same sentiments

JaysFan87
06-02-2012, 02:53 PM
see below

Mike Wilner would never have a Maple Leafs forum avatar.

See here.

JaysFan87
06-02-2012, 02:55 PM
i've mentioned this a few times before.. the guys share the exact same sentiments

I agree with some of his stuff but i also agree with other writers views.

mtf
06-02-2012, 02:55 PM
davis is just not a regular.. call up Gose or Sierra..

He has an OPS of .819 for the season (going into today). Also, for the month of May, he had an .308 AVG, .325 OBP, .590 SLG.

I really don't like how Rajai Davis still chases low and away outside of the strike zone, but it's hard to say he doesn't deserve to play given the numbers.

mtf
06-02-2012, 02:56 PM
See here.

I'm not criticizing you, I'm just saying Wilner wouldn't be caught dead representing a portion of the Maple Leafs fan base.

JaysFan87
06-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Yeah, he's been pretty reasonable outside of the 2nd. Especially these latest 2 innings.

Young pitchers will make mistakes, but if the experience helps them improve then in the long run I really don't mind the growing pains.

Again drabek is a work in progress but i think he is close to figuring it out. I have nothing to back this up but its just the sense i get. (clearly my sense doesnt mean anything just saying). Like i said i see periods of dominance within the game that make me believe that he is close to realizing his potential of a good number 3 in a rotation.

A lot of the whining around Drabek reminds me of Morrow last year with people actually questioning the League/Morrow trade asking if the Mariners got the best of it. :facepalm:
I remember that and whatever does end up becoming with morrow i do that trade every day without looking back once.

JaysFan87
06-02-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm not criticizing you, I'm just saying Wilner wouldn't be caught dead representing a portion of the Maple Leafs fan base.

very true.....but apparently he was a leafs fan when he was a kid.

PS wasnt saying you were criticizing, i was quoting your post to answer another post.

mtf
06-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Again drabek is a work in progress but i think he is close to figuring it out. I have nothing to back this up but its just the sense i get. (clearly my sense doesnt mean anything just saying). Like i said i see periods of dominance within the game that make me believe that he is close to realizing his potential of a good number 3 in a rotation.

Yep, I'm not one of the people calling for Drabek to be demoted all the way down to Vancouver. Partially because I believe his ceiling is so high and I want to see him get past these struggles, and partly because Hutchison was the only viable call-up in the minors and McGowan's injury already exhausted that option early.

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 03:01 PM
bring the lefty.. no point in having drabek pitch here

Tmath
06-02-2012, 03:02 PM
WTF is he worrying about Punto???

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 03:02 PM
now he's gonna give them another fun.. for ****s sake whats the need in having him face the lefty u ****ing idiot

JaysFan87
06-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Yep, I'm not one of the people calling for Drabek to be demoted all the way down to Vancouver. Partially because I believe his ceiling is so high and I want to see him get past these struggles, and partly because Hutchison was the only viable call-up in the minors and McGowan's injury already exhausted that option early.

Hutch deserves to be here. He has been improving up here and has the K and BB rate to be successful here.

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 03:03 PM
wow... why farrell why.. this tool can't hit lefties and hammers righties

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 03:04 PM
another ****ing walk..

and now he takes him out with the righty coming to bat.. great call u ****ing tool

mtf
06-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Hutch deserves to be here. He has been improving up here and has the K and BB rate to be successful here.

I wasn't aware I had implied that he shouldn't be here, only that there were no more options left after Hutchison got the call.

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 03:05 PM
nava hits .174 vs. lefties so u bring a lefty an the inning is pretty much done.. but farrell can't make it that easy

JaysFan87
06-02-2012, 03:06 PM
I wasn't aware I had implied that he shouldn't be here, only that there were no more options left after Hutchison got the call.

You didnt. I was just saying Hutch deserves to be here. Just adding to what you were saying.

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 03:09 PM
more unnecessary pitches

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 03:09 PM
and he gets bailed out yet again

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 03:13 PM
and another mediocre starter pitches well against us

rapsjaysfan88
06-02-2012, 03:15 PM
and another mediocre starter pitches well against us

mediocre players cant hit mediocre pitchers

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 03:17 PM
escobar looks like an amateur against sinker ballers

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 03:19 PM
great showing from the top of the order

rapsjaysfan88
06-02-2012, 03:20 PM
darn just missed

rapsjaysfan88
06-02-2012, 03:27 PM
aa needs 2 learn how 2 build a bp,his bp's have been disgusting

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 03:30 PM
gonna be another stellar showing from the pen

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 03:31 PM
aa needs 2 learn how 2 build a bp,his bp's have been disgusting

definitely his weakness.. even Riccardi can do it

bomber0104
06-02-2012, 03:32 PM
anotehr walk... boy do i love seeing coco in these high pressure situations?

throw a guy with a 6 ERA in the 8th inning and expect to compete.. what kind of crap is that?