PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Robinson

Il Mago50
06-01-2012, 02:03 AM
I might be crazy, but I really see a Blake Griffin-esk player with this guy. The guy is super athletic, super mobile and although he doesn't have the spring off of the ground like Griffin, the body and everything else is there. He could honestly be a steal in this draft if he slips past the second pick.

Hell, I think this entire draft is full of players that could potentially turn into super stars. Drummond could very well turn into Dwight if he gets a good coaching staff, Lamb could turn into one of the better SGs we've seen if developed, MKG could become an absolute stud, etc.

The lottery has basically led to a lottery in itself.

jmoney85
06-01-2012, 02:11 AM
dey seeee me trollin ....dey hatinnnnn...

cle12152433
06-01-2012, 02:11 AM
No way. Call me crazy but idk if he will be that good. Didnt even start over the Morris brothers and they are garbage

popo85
06-01-2012, 02:13 AM
Reminds me of a Shawn Marion type player, great athleticism good rebounder.

Il Mago50
06-01-2012, 02:14 AM
I agree that he may struggle initially against longer players like he did in the championship game but I think this guy could become a legit 20-10 type player with his motor/physical gifts/skills

theLgndKllr35
06-01-2012, 02:20 AM
No way. Call me crazy but idk if he will be that good. Didnt even start over the Morris brothers and they are garbage

You're crazy and don't know the whole story. He changed a lot after the passing of his mother and grandparents. It showed his teammates how tough he was, and in turn showed himself how tough he can be.

cle12152433
06-01-2012, 02:27 AM
You're crazy and don't know the whole story. He changed a lot after the passing of his mother and grandparents. It showed his teammates how tough he was, and in turn showed himself how tough he can be.

Great if you are a movie writer looking to create the next big heart touching story.

I want results on an NBA court. I think out of all the "top" players, he has onE of the highest bust potential. Almost toe to toe with Drummond, who will be good if he starts to give a ****

b@llhog24
06-01-2012, 02:29 AM
I might be crazy, but I really see a Blake Griffin-esk player with this guy. The guy is super athletic, super mobile and although he doesn't have the spring off of the ground like Griffin, the body and everything else is there. He could honestly be a steal in this draft if he slips past the second pick.

Hell, I think this entire draft is full of players that could potentially turn into super stars. Drummond could very well turn into Dwight if he gets a good coaching staff, Lamb could turn into one of the better SGs we've seen if developed, MKG could become an absolute stud, etc.

That's the thing though, a lot of the prospects could be superstars or could end up being busts. The only sure things in this draft with any high potential seems to be Beal and Davis; although Thomas is close.

b@llhog24
06-01-2012, 02:31 AM
Great if you are a movie writer looking to create the next big heart touching story.

I want results on an NBA court. I think out of all the "top" players, he has onE of the highest bust potential. Almost toe to toe with Drummond, who will be good if he starts to give a ****

:laugh2: But Thomas looks legit to be honest. Rebounding tend to translate in the Nba from college.

LTBaByyy
06-01-2012, 02:34 AM

No wonder Lebron left a town fulled with fans like you

Losing a mother and grandparents before he even turns 21 is "good if you are a movie writer"???

Wow he isn't 60 years old. Losing a parent and grandparents at that age is something life changing

He has dominated college basketball ever since the tragedy, he plays for his mom and grandparents!!!

That's how tough he is.

You need help and a lot more time spending with your mom

meloman1592
06-01-2012, 02:34 AM

You lost all credibility after you said that....he won't even get past the 10th pick much less the 2nd round.

theLgndKllr35
06-01-2012, 02:35 AM

So it's wrong because it's heart touching and inspirational? I didn't realize that made it less real.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-01-2012, 02:38 AM
Kids got heart, but I just don't see him being that great of a player, he's a solid rebounder, and he can defend underneath but that's about it. I really hope the best for him but I don't see him being that impressive.

b@llhog24
06-01-2012, 02:39 AM
You lost all credibility after you said that....he won't even get past the 10th pick much less the 2nd round.

He's saying if he falls past 2 he'd be a steal.

ThunderousDemon
06-01-2012, 02:39 AM
I'm aggin' it

jerryred
06-01-2012, 02:58 AM
i think he is about the third best player in this draft behind davis and Kidd-Gilchrist

greg_ory_2005
06-01-2012, 03:00 AM
dey seeee me trollin ....dey hatinnnnn...

:dance:

LTBaByyy
06-01-2012, 03:07 AM
That Kansas team wasn't as good as their record and rating led them out to be

Thomas Robinson was the reason they were so good

If they didn't have Robinson, that team would be garbage that season

dee279
06-01-2012, 03:16 AM
I like Thomas Robinson. He will be a steal from picks 4 on down.

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 04:38 AM
I really like Thomas Robinson, him Drummound and Beal were the players I wanted the Hornets to get, if we didn't get the first pick

Bravo95
06-01-2012, 07:49 AM
He gave Perry Jones III the business on the block in their matchups.

Weezy
06-01-2012, 08:00 AM
I think he's gonna be very very solid. Shawn Marion prime is a good potential for him but this guy is bigger I believe?

Bobcats should draft him.

StinkEye
06-01-2012, 08:25 AM

this.

FarOutIos
06-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Yeah... I'm not so sure about that. Unless his he is that much more athletic when they do the measurements then what is the difference between him and Sullinger?

Sullinger seemed to have a better all around college career while Robinson had the better year. Sullinger seems to have better post moves, whey Robinson just relies on athleticism. I think they both are the same height, but Sullinger has the weight advantage.

Really... is there much of a difference. Unless I'm missing something...

FarOutIos
06-01-2012, 08:29 AM
^oh... and Sullinger while Robinson is a better defender and rebounder... Sullinger is a better FT shooter... Which also leads us to believe that he is the better shooter in general. Thus, I think it will be more likely that Robinson's game won't translate as well to the NBA since he relies more on athleticism.

corky831
06-01-2012, 08:50 AM
That's the only thing I've noticed with T Rob, I didn't see him make too many 15 foot shots....most his points were in the paint lay ups or dunks. I love him, and think he will be a 16 and 10 type of guy....but all his points seem to come right under the basket

greg_ory_2005
06-01-2012, 03:09 PM
I like Robinson and think he can be a good player. I just don't think he'll be a star. He won't be able to overpower everyone like he did in college. He also needs to develop a midrange game.