PDA

View Full Version : Sixers officially looking to move Iguodala

Pages : [1] 2

SeoulBeatz
05-31-2012, 07:23 PM
"The 76ers are "looking to move" Andre Iguodala, according to ESPN's Chris Broussard.
The Sixers have been flirting with an Iguodala trade for the last few seasons. According to Broussard, they now feel that Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner "won't grow to reach their potential as long as Iguodala is there." The defensive stopper and freakish athlete has already been linked to the Warriors and Broussard dangles the idea of a Iguodala for Rudy Gay swap. A deal with the Lakers might also make some sense for both sides."

per ESPN

What do you think he could net on the open market/Where do you think he'll wind up?

Iron24th
05-31-2012, 07:25 PM
Every seasons they look to trade him and every season,they keep him.

SpaceJamJordans
05-31-2012, 07:27 PM
To the Clippers for Caron Butler :D

Cal827
05-31-2012, 07:27 PM
Ed Davis + 8th overall pick for Iggy and the 15th overall pick :D

Gives Philly a future PF as well as a high lotto pick to use on another position like SG..

VCaintdead17
05-31-2012, 07:29 PM
Al Jefferson for Igoudala swap perhaps? Maybe it's time to give Favors that starting spot at center, he played so well there this season.

BobbyHillSwag
05-31-2012, 07:30 PM
they should of been gotten rid of iggy.

SeoulBeatz
05-31-2012, 07:31 PM

haha true, but i have a feeling it's finally time, especially with new ownership and the development of Jrue and Evan.

beasted86
Philly needs a PF to take over from Brand. Utah might be a good trade partner going big for wing.

Igoudala for Millsap and Raja Bell.

Philly:
PG: Holiday
SG: Turner
SF: Young
PF: Millsap
C:: Hawes

Utah:
PG: Harris
SG: Hayward
SF: Iguodala
PF: Favors
C:: Jefferson

Really think it works for both.

dsonLAL24
sixes want to move iggy part 3

SeoulBeatz
Al Jefferson for Igoudala swap perhaps? Maybe it's time to give Favors that starting spot at center, he played so well there this season.

Gives Philly a future PF as well as a high lotto pick to use on another position like SG..

These are both trades I'd definitely do.

popo85
05-31-2012, 07:32 PM
They should look to get rid of Hawes first or amnesty him, then trade Iggy for a 1st rd pick and a 6th man and draft a big.

DeyAce
05-31-2012, 07:33 PM
Deng for Iggy

justinnum1
05-31-2012, 07:34 PM
Deng for Iggy

and asik

SeoulBeatz
05-31-2012, 07:34 PM
They should look to get rid of Hawes first or amnesty him, then trade Iggy for a 1st rd pick and a 6th man and draft a big.

Hawes is a UFA, he will not be with the team next year.

Lou Will and Brand will most likely be gone as well. Lou has an ETO and will be expecting big money that the Sixers can't dish out, and Brand will most likely be amnestied.

VCaintdead17
05-31-2012, 07:36 PM
These are both trades I'd definitely do.

Jeff for Iggy is the only deal that clearly benefits both teams I can think of off the top of my head.

Wolfman01
05-31-2012, 07:36 PM

It will be interesting to do that trade and give Derrick Favors a chance. But Al Jefferson is still a pretty efficient power foward/center and no matter which team he plays for the guy is going to keep playing well.

Iron24th
05-31-2012, 07:37 PM
haha true, but i have a feeling it's finally time, especially with new ownership and the development of Jrue and Evan.

Holiday was already impressive last year,but this year Evans surprised me in playoffs,he's finally starting to emerge.

VCaintdead17
05-31-2012, 07:38 PM
It will be interesting to do that trade and give Derrick Favors a chance. But Al Jefferson is still a pretty efficient power foward/center and no matter which team he plays for the guy is going to keep playing well.

Love me some Al Jeff :hi5:

Donuts365
05-31-2012, 07:39 PM
iggy for gay make perfect sense

mgsports
05-31-2012, 07:41 PM
Magic/Wizards/Sixers/Mavercks
Magic get Marion/Odom/Lewis/Mavericks future pick
Dallas get Howard/Hedo/Iggy
Sixers get Blatche/Mavericks second round pick this year/JJ Redick
Wizards get Vasquez/Orton and so on

BcEuAbRsS
05-31-2012, 07:42 PM
I'd do Boozer and Asik for Iggy...

popo85
05-31-2012, 07:43 PM
Hawes is a UFA, he will not be with the team next year.

Lou Will and Brand will most likely be gone as well. Lou has an ETO and will be expecting big money that the Sixers can't dish out, and Brand will most likely be amnestied.

Hawes gone that's the best news yall could ask for lol. With only 38 mill guaranteed for contracts they could go after E.Gordon to play next to Holiday and Turner and trade Iggy for a big.

Fnom11
05-31-2012, 07:43 PM
Feel bad for Iggy. Dudes a good player and gets the blame for the Sixers flaws.

creamed corn
05-31-2012, 07:44 PM
I'd do Boozer and Asik for Iggy...

why...?

SeoulBeatz
05-31-2012, 07:45 PM

Sixers give up iggy for Blatche and Reddick?

For real though lol?

I wouldn't take Blatche for free to be honest, he's just a headache.

KaganRS
05-31-2012, 07:45 PM
Iggy for Tayshaun Prince, Villaneuva and Austin Daye, Salaries match (and years)

BcEuAbRsS
05-31-2012, 07:50 PM
why...?

Iggy's contract expires after next season...

Westbrook36
05-31-2012, 07:50 PM
A deal with the Lakers might also make some sense for both sides

Long as this doesn't include some of those awful contracts such as Ron Artest. We need a PF/C if we trade Iggy and hopefully the front office can make that happen.

KaganRS
05-31-2012, 07:51 PM
what would Philly fans want from Detroit (if anything) ? and what would you give in return ?
It seems like both teams have unwanted pieces and can swap missing parts

blastmasta26
05-31-2012, 07:53 PM
:laugh: Terrible trade. Mavs give up nothing to get Dwight and Iggy, while the Sixers get nothing for Iggy and the Magic get nothing for Howard.

Kia Kaha
05-31-2012, 07:54 PM
Minnesota :pray:

More-Than-Most
05-31-2012, 07:55 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OH GOD YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I will blow a goat and screw a kangaroo if this happens

Procision
05-31-2012, 07:56 PM
A starting lineup of

Curry
Thompson
Iggy
Lee
Bogut

Could be dangerous.

llemon
05-31-2012, 07:57 PM
"The 76ers are "looking to move" Andre Iguodala, according to ESPN's Chris Broussard.
The Sixers have been flirting with an Iguodala trade for the last few seasons. According to Broussard, they now feel that Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner "won't grow to reach their potential as long as Iguodala is there." The defensive stopper and freakish athlete has already been linked to the Warriors and Broussard dangles the idea of a Iguodala for Rudy Gay swap. A deal with the Lakers might also make some sense for both sides."

per ESPN

What do you think he could net on the open market/Where do you think he'll wind up?

This makes it official?

blastmasta26
05-31-2012, 07:57 PM
A starting lineup of

Curry
Thompson
Iggy
Lee
Bogut

Could be dangerous.
That team would be ridiculous.

Kutchie03
05-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Iguodala and Hawes for Pau Gasol

Lakers + Giants
05-31-2012, 08:06 PM
Just not to the lakers please. Our offense already sucks.

ODdFUTUrE49
05-31-2012, 08:08 PM
Warriors need to act aggressively package up you're draft picks and a player or two. Imagine Curry (if healthy), Thompson, Iggy, David Lee, and Bogut (if healthy)that'd be a legit team in the west.

ODdFUTUrE49
05-31-2012, 08:09 PM
A starting lineup of

Curry
Thompson
Iggy
Lee
Bogut

Could be dangerous.

Didn't see you had already posted something similar to what I was saying

popo85
05-31-2012, 08:09 PM
Iguodala and Hawes for Pau Gasol

We already went through the torture of watching Chris Mihm play, no thanks to Hawes.

llemon
05-31-2012, 08:10 PM
To the Clippers for Caron Butler :D

WOW. That is a horrible trade for the Sixers.

dodgersuck
05-31-2012, 08:10 PM
I would trade Turner before Iggy.

SeoulBeatz
05-31-2012, 08:11 PM
This makes it official?

Chris Broussard is the word of God, didn't you know?

Eagles4Lyfe
05-31-2012, 08:12 PM
Dorrel Wright, 7th pick, and what else can they include for Iggy??

xnick5757
05-31-2012, 08:14 PM
I would trade Turner before Iggy.

this. get some stupid GM to fall in love with his 0.0 playoff win shares in 449 MP (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/turneev01.html#playoffs_advanced::none)

turner is an awful offensive player

dodgersuck
Iggy for Curry. Sixers need a scoring threat, Dubs need defense

KB-Pau-DH2012
Iggy + Thad for Pau.

Saves Lakers $$$ and gets elite perimeter defender at the 3 position, which makes the bloated contract of the old and declining Metta World Peace expendable for the NBA's Amnesty Provision.

:pray:

SugeKnight
Warriors could trade the 7th pick, 2 second rounders (this year) and Dorell Wright plus Richard Jefferson or Andris Biedrins to make salries work

dodgersuck
05-31-2012, 08:15 PM
this. get some stupid GM to fall in love with his 0.0 playoff win shares in 449 MP (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/turneev01.html#playoffs_advanced::none)

Yeah, Iggy was half of the reason the Sixers got to a game 7 against the Celts. Turner was flat out awful the entire series.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-31-2012, 08:15 PM
Or trade Pau to Philly for Iggy and Brand's expiring + 1st rounder.

Lakers + Giants
05-31-2012, 08:16 PM
We already have enough players that clank jumpshot after jumpshot.

JWO35
05-31-2012, 08:17 PM
1st overall pick for AI

Shammyguy3
05-31-2012, 08:18 PM

Philly needs a PF to take over from Brand. Utah might be a good trade partner going big for wing.

Igoudala for Millsap and Raja Bell.

Philly:
PG: Holiday
SG: Turner
SF: Young
PF: Millsap
C:: Hawes

Utah:
PG: Harris
SG: Hayward
SF: Iguodala
PF: Favors
C:: Jefferson

Really think it works for both.

I see something like these trades happening.

Monta is beast
05-31-2012, 08:19 PM
I think the Warriors will make a strong push for him. They could trade Jefferson, the 7th, 35th, and the 52nd pick for Iguodala.

Curry-Jenkins
Thompson-Rush
Iguodala-Wright
Lee-Tyler
Bogut-Biedrins

pd7631
05-31-2012, 08:19 PM
what would Philly fans want from Detroit (if anything) ? and what would you give in return ?
It seems like both teams have unwanted pieces and can swap missing parts

Greg Monroe....that's it, and you guys aren't trading him. A deal with Detroit is NOT happening.

SeoulBeatz
05-31-2012, 08:20 PM

tbh I'd do that trade.

The Sixers should be looking for picks, not redundant trades that would further plummet us into mediocrity (like Iggy for Gasol, or Iggy for Deng or Boozer). While I like Gasol and Deng, they are both a little on the older side and won't propel this team into a contender either. Next year will be a rebuilding year for the sixers no doubt, so they'll have to add to this young core.

They need to pair youth with youth.

The Sixers core as it stands is Jrue (21), Evan Turner (23), Jodie Meeks (23), Thad Young (23), Lavoy Allen (23), and Nikola Vucevic (21).

If we can nab a top 10 pick in an Iggy trade, we have to go for it.

pd7631
05-31-2012, 08:21 PM

Throw in Jeremy Tyler and that's a deal I'd do.

pd7631
05-31-2012, 08:22 PM

turner is an awful offensive player

lmao, wrong on so many levels

Monta is beast

You got a deal.

SugeKnight
Iggy for Curry. Sixers need a scoring threat, Dubs need defense

I'd consider it if I'm the warriors, especially since curry has problems staying on the court.

Then they could use their pick (maybe trade down?) to get Damion Lillard, a pg who's from Oakland.

kozelkid
05-31-2012, 08:25 PM
A starting lineup of

Curry
Thompson
Iggy
Lee
Bogut

Could be dangerous.

I'd put lot of money on them getting Iggy.makes perfect sense and all of a sudden they go from defensive joke to a studly defensive team with now Bogut
and Iggy.

SugeKnight
05-31-2012, 08:26 PM

I don't think the salries would match. It would have to be Jefferson or Biedrins. I'd love that trade as a warrior fan.

ellington19
05-31-2012, 08:27 PM
the jefferson/milsap for iggy trades sound most likely.

GSW won't let go of curry, bogut or lee, and probably not thompson, which means they probably won't have enough to offer. philly surely wouldn't take on jefferson and that horrendous contract.

memphis FO spews all over the place when offered iggy for gay.

5ass
05-31-2012, 08:28 PM
I'd put lot of money on them getting Iggy.makes perfect sense and all of a sudden they go from defensive joke to a studly defensive team with now Bogut
and Iggy.

True, also mark jackson is a good defensive coach. I can see him making a push for iggy.

ciaban
05-31-2012, 08:28 PM
i think the wolves should trade one of their excess power forwards for him, it would give them a true 3 or they could run him as a 2 which they desperately need

SeoulBeatz
05-31-2012, 08:30 PM
the jefferson/milsap for iggy trades sound most likely.

GSW won't let go of curry, bogut or lee, and probably not thompson, which means they probably won't have enough to offer. philly surely wouldn't take on jefferson and that horrendous contract.

memphis FO spews all over the place when offered iggy for gay.

I could see why Memphis would want Iggy though, he fits in with the defensive mindset of the team, and they have O.J Mayo who is a solid scorer who could start with Rudy gone.

Conley, Tony Allen, and Iggy? That's a pretty insane defensive backcourt there. Not much scoring to speak of, but no one would be able to score on them either.

Jeff Boyd
05-31-2012, 08:31 PM
Iggy and Thad for Gasol and trade exception.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-31-2012, 08:32 PM
Iggy and Thad for Gasol and trade exception.

TPE for Thad

Iggy + Brand for Gasol + Blake

llemon
05-31-2012, 08:36 PM
A starting lineup of

Curry
Thompson
Iggy
Lee
Bogut

Could be dangerous.

To whom?

pd7631
05-31-2012, 08:36 PM
I don't think the salries would match. It would have to be Jefferson or Biedrins. I'd love that trade as a warrior fan.

Sixers will have a lot of cap space if they amnesty Brand, we could take back a bad contract from the Warriors to make the deal work (Biedrins/Jefferson?).

SeoulBeatz
05-31-2012, 08:37 PM
TPE for Thad

Iggy + Brand for Gasol + Blake

Gasol would be a fantastic fit if he were 5 years younger. But I'm done with the Sixers acquiring 31+ year old PF's. Chris Webber and Brand were enough. It leads to nothing but more mediocrity.

Don't get me wrong, Gasol is still a great player, but it just doesn't make sense for a team that isn't on the brink of contending.

Chacarron
05-31-2012, 08:39 PM
He would look nice in Golden State.

Curry - Thompson - Iggy - Lee - Bogut is sexy.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Gasol would be a fantastic fit if he were 5 years younger. But I'm done with the Sixers acquiring 31+ year old PF's. Chris Webber and Brand were enough. It leads to nothing but more mediocrity.

Don't get me wrong, Gasol is still a great player, but it just doesn't make sense for a team that isn't on the brink of contending.

I only say it because Gasol and Blake have only 2 yrs left on their deals while Iggy has 3 and Thad has 5 (w/ a team option I think) and EB is expiring.

You get cap space sooner with Gasol and test the market in 2 yrs when Holliday, Turner, Hawes and Meeks all mature their games.

MudinyourEye
05-31-2012, 08:42 PM
Hard to believe a moron on ESPN can generate this kind of chatter in one day.

Stating that Iggy is on the trade block is simply stating the obvious. Anyone can see that the Sixers are built to make the playoffs but not necessarily win in the playoffs. If Derrick Rose does not get hurt they don't get out of the first round.

And trading Iggy for a draft pick to get a "big man" is a nice idea but I would like to hear the name of the big guy since I don't see that many available.

pd7631
05-31-2012, 08:43 PM

Agreed. I don't see why we would add a player on the downside of his career to a team as young as ours. We're not 1 piece away(unless we got Dwight Howard....without losing anyone), so adding a player like Gasol would be a conflict of interests IMO. We need young players(preferably a big man), that can grow with Jrue, Evan, Thad, etc.

pd7631
05-31-2012, 08:45 PM
Hard to believe a moron on ESPN can generate this kind of chatter in one day.

Stating that Iggy is on the trade block is simply stating the obvious. Anyone can see that the Sixers are built to make the playoffs but not necessarily win in the playoffs. If Derrick Rose does not get hurt they don't get out of the first round.

And trading Iggy for a draft pick to get a "big man" is a nice idea but I would like to hear the name of the big guy since I don't see that many available.

Thomas Robinson
Andre Drummond
Perry Jones
Jared Sullinger
^^
I'd trade Iggy for one of those guys.

Tmath
05-31-2012, 08:48 PM
I think he goes to G-State

lakersiznumber1
05-31-2012, 08:49 PM
memphis is not going to trade there best player for iggy come on now. the utah swap only benefits the sixers so why would utah do it? they wont make the playoffs. I hope lakers dont trade gasol for him straight up. They can have anybody on our team except kobe, bynum or gasol, so if they are willing to take anybody else on our team sure we will even throw in the trading exception if u want lol.:D all jokin aside iggy makes alot of money he wont be easy to move

verdell1978
05-31-2012, 08:52 PM
I agree. Toronto has Barignini and that other guy they drafted last year (the Vontas kid) they could use another wing to go with DeRozan. Philly can use a true back to the basket player (no offense Elton Brand) and they both get draft picks. It works for both teams

Pakman
05-31-2012, 08:52 PM
I'd do Boozer and Asik for Iggy...that's an awful trade for philly. Boozer has.no value and asik?? Really?

llemon
05-31-2012, 08:54 PM
I think he goes to G-State

What Sixers get back will determine how smart, NBA-wise, Philly FO is.

More-Than-Most
05-31-2012, 08:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WGHeQw49ws&feature=fvwrel

this will be what I will do when it finally happens...I will then go down to broad street and stroke one out in public with the biggest ****ing smile on my face

More-Than-Most
05-31-2012, 08:56 PM
boooooooom

MrfadeawayJB
05-31-2012, 09:00 PM
I'm in favor of a Gay for Iggy swap

TheNumber37
05-31-2012, 09:01 PM
Iggy should've been playing with Kobe 2 seasons ago. I like him there, or hopefully in NY if they'd take Amare.

BenFrank
05-31-2012, 09:07 PM
I think he go to Houston, for Lowry and Scola

Trueblue2
05-31-2012, 09:19 PM

Are you serious??

Hawkeye15
05-31-2012, 09:26 PM
Derrick Williams, #18, Ridnour for Iggy, future protected 1st (protect it outside the lottery 2 years).

76erEaglePhils
05-31-2012, 09:40 PM
they should of been gotten rid of iggy.lol I know.

SeoulBeatz
05-31-2012, 10:02 PM
Derrick Williams, #18, Ridnour for Iggy, future protected 1st (protect it outside the lottery 2 years).

uh..... yes please?????

would be a fantastic trade for both sides, I think your selling Minny short on this one to be honest :)

SeoulBeatz
05-31-2012, 10:05 PM
that's an awful trade for philly. Boozer has.no value and asik?? Really?

Asik is a big I really like, but yeah, I have no interest in Boozer at this point.

Hawkeye15
05-31-2012, 10:07 PM
uh..... yes please?????

would be a fantastic trade for both sides, I think your selling Minny short on this one to be honest :)

Well, we would get an infusion of youth with a 1st rounder in a few years from you (mid 1st at best), give you a high potential guy that just doesn't find playing time with us, since we have a decent PF, give you a solid backup PG, and we get the desperate wing scorer, and better yet, defender, we need. Iggy is only 28, and has 3-4 more prime seasons, with only a 2 year deal in which he will come off getting a lesser deal.

Besides, we need to send out some salary to then sign a SG, and backup energy big. Trust me my friend, I have a plan.....

Only I am not the GM of the Wolves. Yet.

Hawkeye15
05-31-2012, 10:16 PM
As a Wolves fan looking at this trade, what is Philly's biggest problem? Its that Iggy is their best player. If he came to the Wolves, he would CLEARLY not be the best player on the team, and could assume the role he is probably best suited to play. 2nd option defender with Rubio and Pekovic there, with Adelman coaching.

Basically, Wolves fans are dying to get Iggy as long as Love/Rubio/Pekovic are not in the equation.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-31-2012, 10:20 PM
Pau + Blake to Philly for Iggy + re-signed Lou Williams (He's gonna leave that team anyways).

2-ONE-5
05-31-2012, 10:23 PM
I think the Warriors will make a strong push for him. They could trade Jefferson, the 7th, 35th, and the 52nd pick for Iguodala.

Curry-Jenkins
Thompson-Rush
Iguodala-Wright
Lee-Tyler
Bogut-Biedrins

Sixers already have two 2nd round picks, what are they gonna do with 4?

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-31-2012, 10:24 PM
Sixers already have two 2nd round picks, what are they gonna do with 4?

Move up and get a mid-to-late 1st rounder?

Blitzbolt
05-31-2012, 10:27 PM
That Rudy Gay for Iggy and meeks(sign and trade)rumor from broussard.

As a Grizz fan I would take that deal Iggy fits our system better while Rudy Fits the running style of the sixers better.

I don't mind it either way.But I think the Grizzlies FO won't do it since Gay is younger.

h2r09
05-31-2012, 10:31 PM
Move up and get a mid-to-late 1st rounder?

multiple 2nd round icks have never been able to get team mid-late first round picks. 2nd round picks are among the least valuable draft picks in sports, as far as what you can get for them.

nobody is trading a first round pick for multiple 2nd rounders.

Monta is beast
05-31-2012, 10:32 PM
multiple 2nd round icks have never been able to get team mid-late first round picks. 2nd round picks are among the least valuable draft picks in sports, as far as what you can get for them.

nobody is trading a first round pick for multiple 2nd rounders.

Four 2nd round picks and a late first round pick can move you into the top 15.

aussie
05-31-2012, 10:35 PM
#10/Okafor for Iggy/#15

ne3xchamps
05-31-2012, 10:40 PM
Yeah and D12 wants to stay in orlando.... nope D12 wants to be traded. I will believe it when I see it.

theLgndKllr35
05-31-2012, 10:46 PM
#10/Okafor for Iggy/#15

I'd laugh, but Stern would pass it.

Chavacano
05-31-2012, 10:56 PM
And the saga continuous...

Pau + Blake to Philly for Iggy + re-signed Lou Williams (He's gonna leave that team anyways).

This. Then sign Odom for the vet's minimum. :nod:

MagicBucsSox
05-31-2012, 10:57 PM
Philly needs to get a damn big man . A good one.

MagicBucsSox
05-31-2012, 11:01 PM
Asik is a big I really like, but yeah, I have no interest in Boozer at this point.

LMAo you'd think you guys would learn your lesson with those bum slow white centers

greg_ory_2005
05-31-2012, 11:08 PM
Iggy is always on the block haha.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2012, 11:08 PM
Calderon and the 8th for him.

PhillyStandUp
05-31-2012, 11:20 PM

HAHAH..
This has to be the worse trade ever for the Sixers.

themooseman13
05-31-2012, 11:20 PM
Rember warriors want iggy and josh smith is on the move

Warriors receive Iggy and sixers first round pick
Hawks receive #7, #35 and Jefferson
Sixers recieve Kay Thompson and josh smith

Hawes could be added in the deal if either team feels they aren't receiving enough

Amnesty brand

Holiday/lou
Turner/Meeks
Thompson/Thad
Smith/Allen
Free agent/vucevic

They will have around 14 mil in cap go out and sign Lopez, or javele, or kahman

DR_1
05-31-2012, 11:30 PM
Why would the Grizz do Gay for Iggy? Broussard starting more dumb trade rumors.

DR_1
05-31-2012, 11:35 PM

That's a great deal for both. You should take over as Wolves GM Hawk :)

PhillyStandUp
05-31-2012, 11:42 PM

Hawes could be added in the deal if either team feels they aren't receiving enough

Amnesty brand

Holiday/lou
Turner/Meeks
Thompson/Thad
Smith/Allen
Free agent/vucevic

Love it for the Sixers...Any trade with GS has to include Klay Thompson and the 7th pick.

MagicBucsSox
05-31-2012, 11:49 PM
Ok the warriors ain't giving up Thompson for no Iggy. N'please.

black1605
05-31-2012, 11:53 PM
Maggette and the first round pick Portland owes us for Iggy.

Salaries work, and Sixers save over $19,000,000 over the nest two seasons.

Won't happen, but I can dream.

Mr_Amaziing
05-31-2012, 11:57 PM
Granger for Iggy

SugeKnight
06-01-2012, 12:04 AM

Amnesty brand

Holiday/lou
Turner/Meeks
Thompson/Thad
Smith/Allen
Free agent/vucevic

Take out Thompson and Philly's pick and the Warriors do it

oufanatic14
06-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Hornets #10 pick and Trevor Ariza for Iggy..

Rivera
06-01-2012, 12:10 AM
i think rudy gay for iggy is a win win for both teams

Shkelqim
06-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Ariza isnt welcomed in philly! I want bynum or howard for iggy and vucevic and our first round pick. I will take nothing less :d

Cracka2HI!
06-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Hahaha, this is funny! They really should have traded him for Kaman last offseason. That trade would have really helped both teams. The Sixers probably would have been just as good in the regular season. I really thought Igudala played well in the playoffs. I'm glad the Clipps didn't trade for him and I hope they don't. The last thing we need is another poor free throw shooter who doesn't spread the floor. I think the Clippers could use a better SF than Butler but I don't Igudala and that contract are the right fit. That said I'll bet we'll hear rumors of some combination of Mo, Bledsoe, Butler and Gomes(filler) for Igudala. I'll bet they keep him again too.

pd7631
06-01-2012, 12:39 AM
Hahaha, this is funny! They really should have traded him for Kaman last offseason. That trade would have really helped both teams. The Sixers probably would have been just as good in the regular season. I really thought Igudala played well in the playoffs. I'm glad the Clipps didn't trade for him and I hope they don't. The last thing we need is another poor free throw shooter who doesn't spread the floor. I think the Clippers could use a better SF than Butler but I don't Igudala and that contract are the right fit. That said I'll bet we'll hear rumors of some combination of Mo, Bledsoe, Butler and Gomes(filler) for Igudala. I'll bet they keep him again too.

Iggy shot 39% from three this year.....he's actually a pretty good spot up shooter, so you're wrong about him not being able to spread the floor. He's also a premier defender and is probably gonna make the Olympic team. Honestly, you're stupid if you wouldn't want him alongside Blake and CP3.

SeoulBeatz
06-01-2012, 12:43 AM
Iggy shot 39% from three this year.....he's actually a pretty good spot up shooter, so you're wrong about him not being able to spread the floor. He's also a premier defender and is probably gonna make the Olympic team. Honestly, you're stupid if you wouldn't him alongside Blake and CP3.

Yeah Iggy was our best 3 point shooter this year (Jodie struggled). In the same way Bruce Bowen developed a 3 as he got older, Iggy now has a consistent 3 point shot. He continued his hot shooting into the playoffs, so I'm pretty sure it's a dependable asset of his now.

He really is a prototypical role player for any team. A solid 2nd option and a GREAT 3rd option. D's up, rebounds, 2nd best passing SF behind Lebron, super-athletic/strong, and has a surprisingly good 3 point shot.

Don't know what more you could want out of a sidekick.

Twins Fanatic
06-01-2012, 12:44 AM
The 76ers and Philly fans want too much for Iggy, if I recall correctly his numbers have been on a decline in recent years. The fact that the sixers have failed trying to move him for the past three years also doesn't help his trade value.

COOLbeans
06-01-2012, 12:47 AM

Amnesty brand

Holiday/lou
Turner/Meeks
Thompson/Thad
Smith/Allen
Free agent/vucevic

:laugh2: i take it you're either a hawks fan or a Philly fan

So two lottery picks in 2 consecutive years for Iggy? lol

theLgndKllr35
06-01-2012, 12:53 AM
The 76ers and Philly fans want too much for Iggy, if I recall correctly his numbers have been on a decline in recent years. The fact that the sixers have failed trying to move him for the past three years also doesn't help his trade value.

There's your problem.

Usage Past 3 years:
21.8%, 19.2%, 17.7%

PER Past 3 years:
17.8, 17.3, 17.6

Win Shares:
6.7, 6.7, 7.3

Less usage, same value=better team mate.

TrueFan420
06-01-2012, 12:54 AM
Love it for the Sixers...Any trade with GS has to include Klay Thompson and the 7th pick.

Your tripping if you think we'd give up our 7th pick and Thompson

pd7631
06-01-2012, 12:56 AM

1.) What should we want for him? He's an All Star, Olympian(likely), and first class defender. Just because his glamour #'s don't look all that impressive, doesn't mean his impact on the game has declined.

2.) See #1.

3.) We have tried to move him.....many times.

Next time comment on something you know about, because this is not one of those things.

blastmasta26
06-01-2012, 12:59 AM
Iggy is very underrated here.

Twins Fanatic
06-01-2012, 01:05 AM
And where has he taken Philly, past a Rose-less Bull. If he was really that good why haven't been able to trade him???

3iverson3
06-01-2012, 01:10 AM
Al Jefferson + Bell for Iggy and something else. Works because they have Kanter and Favors as replacements.

Gasol for Iggy "(with other people included)"

LOL I read somewhere Afflalo + Chandler for Iggy!

dee279
06-01-2012, 01:26 AM

I hope u not serious.

3iverson3
06-01-2012, 01:39 AM
hahah Mavs ship out only Marion and a couple of picks for Howard. The only thing he got right was the Wizards losing in the trade!

More-Than-Most
06-01-2012, 01:44 AM
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss OH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.... TRADE HIM NOW

More-Than-Most
06-01-2012, 01:44 AM
:dance: :dance: :dance:

Davidgta1
06-01-2012, 01:45 AM
I could see the bulls trading for him or maybe the nets?

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 01:46 AM
It seems like they are ALWAYS trying to move Iggy, but i always see him in a Sixers jersey

Monta is beast
06-01-2012, 01:48 AM
Jefferson, Tyler, 7th pick, 35th pick, and the 52nd pick for Iguodala.

JLynn943
06-01-2012, 01:49 AM
I wouldn't be shocked if the Kings traded for him (although I'm unsure what, definitely no Cousins). 76ers and Kings have been trading partners a couple times in recent history, and the Kings certainly need a SF, a veteran, and someone who knows how to play defense. Iggy is all three.

Korman12
06-01-2012, 01:49 AM
I'd imagine (or hope) the FO is looking to acquire a lottery pick as the main piece with the trade.

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 01:52 AM
I wouldn't be shocked if the Kings traded for him (although I'm unsure what, definitely no Cousins). 76ers and Kings have been trading partners a couple times in recent history, and the Kings certainly need a SF and a veteran.

Naa, ******* that, just draft Harrison Barnes, or get Drummond and match him up next to Cousins, and then you have yourself a big high risk high potential frontcourt.... trade Tyreke for either a REAL 2 guard(if you guys do this, Thorton can be your 6th man), or a pick, and you got Thorton, who can shoot the lights out of the building on a good game, and Isiah Thomas holding it down as your PG

3iverson3
06-01-2012, 01:56 AM
It seems like they are ALWAYS trying to move Iggy, but i always see him in a Sixers jersey

same with Iverson....

OaklandsFinest
06-01-2012, 02:06 AM
David Lee for Iggy?

GiantsSwaGG
06-01-2012, 02:06 AM
Why R the sixers dead set on trading him? He's a good player!

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 02:14 AM
Why R the sixers dead set on trading him? He's a good player!

I like the quote on your sig, some people need to take a step back and think about what they said, and I wouldnt mind giving up Ariza and Henry for Iggy, but they aint getting our picks

Monta is beast
06-01-2012, 02:20 AM
David Lee for Iggy?

I don't think either team makes that trade.

b@llhog24
06-01-2012, 02:23 AM
+1

Hawes gone that's the best news yall could ask for lol. With only 38 mill guaranteed for contracts they could go after E.Gordon to play next to Holiday and Turner and trade Iggy for a big.
Gordon's not going nowhere.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Kings traded for him (although I'm unsure what, definitely no Cousins). 76ers and Kings have been trading partners a couple times in recent history, and the Kings certainly need a SF, a veteran, and someone who knows how to play defense. Iggy is all three.

Tyreke and Iggy in the same starting lineup? :puke:

I like the quote on your sig, some people need to take a step back and think about what they said, and I wouldnt mind giving up Ariza and Henry for Iggy, but they aint getting our picks

Obviously not the first but you'd be a fool not to give up the 10th pick for a player of Iggy's caliber.

b@llhog24
06-01-2012, 02:24 AM
I love the Goldern State/Memphis/and the Wolves trade Hawk suggested.

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 02:26 AM
+1

Gordon's not going nowhere.

Tyreke and Iggy in the same starting lineup? :puke:

Obviously not the first but you'd be a fool not to give up the 10th pick for a player of Iggy's caliber.

For a 28 year old ball dominant SF? I'd rather just get a 3 point shooting wing from FA(Chase Budinger) and draft a young prospect that can provide some bench scoring, or starting potential

Monta is beast
06-01-2012, 02:26 AM
The Warriors aren't trading Thompson. The best deal they could offer would be Jefferson, Tyler, the 7th, 35th, and 52nd pick for Iguodala. I think that good value for him as well.

b@llhog24
06-01-2012, 02:36 AM
For a 28 year old ball dominant SF? I'd rather just get a 3 point shooting wing from FA(Chase Budinger) and draft a young prospect that can provide some bench scoring, or starting potential

The way the Hornets got the record they had, is because they trotted out a bunch of bench warmers. Iggy at least fixes that need, improves your passing and defense. By the way when since is a 18% USG rating Ball dominant? And it's not like he makes bad decisions with the ball evidenced by his microscopic 2 TO's a game.

cali72888
06-01-2012, 02:41 AM
How about this Blockbuster trade.... Iggy, Thad young, vucevic and the 15th pick and 2013 1st rounder for Dwight Howard and quinten Richardson.

Instantly makes the 76ers one of the best teams in the league with Holliday, Turner, Richardson, brand, and Howard.
With Williams coming off the bench.

Magic get a great return in iggy and young while receiveing a center who will be an impact player in the near future. Plus the #15 pick would help add a real pg or sg.

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 02:44 AM
The way the Hornets got the record they had, is because they trotted out a bunch of bench warmers. Iggy at least fixes that need, improves your passing and defense. By the way when since is a 18% USG rating Ball dominant? And it's not like he makes bad decisions with the ball evidenced by his microscopic 2 TO's a game.

But you arent listening to what im saying, we already have a ball dominant player with Gordon, and considering we also have a PG that has the ball alot and we use our post game often, so the bigs get the ball, trading an intriguing 10th pick and stuff for Iggy isnt worth it, and you said we'd get better defensively... we have Ariza, who is on par with Iggy defensively....as the third worst team in the league, we were the 8th ranked team against points against(with the bench warmers that we had)

Every game we had like a new starting lineup, and yet we were a pretty great defensive team considering the circumstances....

Korman12
06-01-2012, 02:47 AM
But you arent listening to what im saying, we already have a ball dominant player with Gordon, and considering we also have a PG that has the ball alot and we use our post game often, so the bigs get the ball, trading an intriguing 10th pick and stuff for Iggy isnt worth it, and you said we'd get better defensively... we have Ariza, who is on par with Iggy defensively....as the third worst team in the league, we were the 8th ranked team against points against(with the bench warmers that we had)

Every game we had like a new starting lineup, and yet we were a pretty great defensive team considering the circumstances....

He had an 18% usage rating on a team that didn't have a scoring threat like Gordon. He's not ball-dominant at all, and doesn't need to be to be effective.

I'll give you that Ariza's a good perimeter defender, but he's not "on par" with Iguodala as of right now. Him, Lebron, and Tony Allen are in a league of their own in regards to perimeter defense.

Whether you agree or disagree is regardless, Iguodala's value is that of the 10th pick + a throw in.

b@llhog24
06-01-2012, 02:49 AM

I've already explained to you that iggy ISN'T ball domainant though. I get what your saying I really do its just to rely on what could be a crap shoot at ten vs getting Iggy just seems off base. Btw Ariza isn't on par with Iggy defensively and offensively. I forgot about Jack though(not like he matters that much), how does his deal look like anways? And no offense but your bigs aren't anything special. (Aside from Davis off course)

b@llhog24
06-01-2012, 02:50 AM
He had an 18% usage rating on a team that didn't have a scoring threat like Gordon. He's not ball-dominant at all, and doesn't need to be to be effective.

I'll give you that Ariza's a good perimeter defender, but he's not "on par" with Iguodala as of right now. Him, Lebron, and Tony Allen are in a league of their own in regards to perimeter defense.

Whether you agree or disagree is regardless, Iguodala's value is that of the 10th pick + a throw in.

If only I waited 5 mins. :mad: But good post regardless. :clap:

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 02:51 AM

Not when you are a team looking towards the future, if it was a team thats one key piece away from being a contender, i'd be down, but my Hornets have traded away so much talent and draft picks, we need these picks, we traded Collison and Thorton after they made the All Rookie teams, we had no first round draft pick last year, the year before that we traded Cole Aldrich for Pondexter and Craig Brackins, who are both no longer on the team...

Im not saying Iggy is a bad player, but he isn't the type of player we need for the 10th pick

mikekhelxD
06-01-2012, 02:52 AM
A starting lineup of

Curry
Thompson
Iggy
Lee
Bogut

Could be dangerous.

Then injuries hits these individuals again...

b@llhog24
06-01-2012, 02:53 AM
Iggy has about 5-6 more years of all star/fringe all star type play.

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 02:55 AM
I've already explained to you that iggy ISN'T ball domainant though. I get what your saying I really do its just to rely on what could be a crap shoot at ten vs getting Iggy just seems off base. Btw Ariza isn't on par with Iggy defensively and offensively. I forgot about Jack though(not like he matters that much), how does his deal look like anways? And no offense but your bigs aren't anything special. (Aside from Davis off course)

Ariza is no where near Iggy offensively, and i have never said that, but defensively, they are much closer then you think...

and I know our bigs arent anything special, but we did use our post up game alot, its how our team is, and considering we are getting davis as well, i dont know if there are enough shots to keep Iggy happy,

Korman12
06-01-2012, 02:55 AM
Not when you are a team looking towards the future, if it was a team thats one key piece away from being a contender, i'd be down, but my Hornets have traded away so much talent and draft picks, we need these picks, we traded Collison and Thorton after they made the All Rookie teams, we had no first round draft pick last year, the year before that we traded Cole Aldrich for Pondexter and Craig Brackins, who are both no longer on the team...

Im not saying Iggy is a bad player, but he isn't the type of player we need for the 10th pick

That I completely understand. It's just not a trade that New Orleans would need to pursue in any form, then.

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 02:58 AM
Iggy has about 5-6 more years of all star/fringe all star type play.

5-6 seems a little too much, i think 3, maybe 4, and then we would lose that value from the 10th pick.

Now if you guys were willing to swap 1st rounders, and we'd throw in Ariza and Jack, or Okafor, something to fill up a need for you guys, then I would do it.

jerryred
06-01-2012, 03:03 AM
If he was traded to the lakers, wat else would they get because iggy is not enough for pau gasol

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 03:05 AM
If he was traded to the lakers, wat else would they get because iggy is not enough for pau gasol

Considering you guys are trying to trade Gasol, diminishes his trade value a little, and also, since he does a disappearing act in the playoffs doesn't help...

Korman12
06-01-2012, 03:07 AM

Bynum would be the only piece Philly would realistically want, and it would probably cost too much to get him. It wouldn't be smart on Philly's end.

b@llhog24
06-01-2012, 03:15 AM
Ariza is no where near Iggy offensively, and i have never said that, but defensively, they are much closer then you think...

and I know our bigs arent anything special, but we did use our post up game alot, its how our team is, and considering we are getting davis as well, i dont know if there are enough shots to keep Iggy happy,

While defense is one of the hardest things to quantify with statistics every noteworthy defensive statistic suggest that Ariza is in fact no where near iggy. The sixers where #1 in Defensive efficiency (finished 3rd) for most of the season with no real defensive anchor at center. Who's to point to for their defensive prowess? Guess :) While the Hornets finished 15th in which they actually have a defensive center in Okafor. (who admittedly only played 27 games) Iggy's impact defensively for a perimeter players is way more profound than Ariza's. But anyway we'll agree to disagree on what you should do with the 10th pick. :shrug:

b@llhog24
06-01-2012, 03:17 AM
5-6 seems a little too much, i think 3, maybe 4, and then we would lose that value from the 10th pick.

Now if you guys were willing to swap 1st rounders, and we'd throw in Ariza and Jack, or Okafor, something to fill up a need for you guys, then I would do it.

Nah barring injuries he should continue at his current rate for 2-3 more years and then when his athleticism diminishes he'll still be a more than capable starter.

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 03:20 AM
While defense is one of the hardest things to quantify with statistics every noteworthy defensive statistic suggest that Ariza is in fact no where near iggy. The sixers where #1 in Defensive efficiency (finished 3rd) for most of the season with no real defensive anchor at center. Who's to point to for their defensive prowess? Guess :) While the Hornets finished 15th in which they actually have a defensive center in Okafor. (who admittedly only played 27 games) Iggy's impact defensively for a perimeter players is way more profound than Ariza's. But anyway we'll agree to disagree on what you should do with the 10th pick. :shrug:

I think we should..

If we keep it- Draft a scoring guard off the bench in either Damian Lilliard or Austin Rivers, or draft a SF.

If we trade it, im not too sure yet, i want to see what players start asking for trades.

But either way im more excited about the FAs in the offseason that we have money for.

Now what do you want with your 15th pick? (And honestly i like the Sixers, Jrue Holliday is one of my favorite players, i think you guys have a good team built for the now and future.)

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 03:22 AM
Nah barring injuries he should continue at his current rate for 2-3 more years and then when his athleticism diminishes he'll still be a more than capable starter.

I see it possible if he lasts, but with injuries nowadays, who even knows, like for Derrick Rose, who is one of my favorite PGs in the game, who knows if the injury will change him...

jerryred
06-01-2012, 03:23 AM
Bynum would be the only piece Philly would realistically want, and it would probably cost too much to get him. It wouldn't be smart on Philly's end.

I dont think they have good piece to trade for andrew bynum, i think only for gasol

b@llhog24
06-01-2012, 03:24 AM
I think we should..

If we keep it- Draft a scoring guard off the bench in either Damian Lilliard or Austin Rivers, or draft a SF.

If we trade it, im not too sure yet, i want to see what players start asking for trades.

But either way im more excited about the FAs in the offseason that we have money for.

Now what do you want with your 15th pick? (And honestly i like the Sixers, Jrue Holliday is one of my favorite players, i think you guys have a good team built for the now and future.)

Lol sorry about that, I'm a Blazers fan bro. I just have an interest in the Hornets cause apparently EJ has Bahamian roots. Also I'd prefer Marshall over Lillard btw and Austin is a wildcard to me.

b@llhog24
06-01-2012, 03:26 AM
I see it possible if he lasts, but with injuries nowadays, who even knows, like for Derrick Rose, who is one of my favorite PGs in the game, who knows if the injury will change him...

Agreed. and yea Rose's injury made me sick man. Also one of my favorite players (when he's not being shoved down my throat by Bulls fans that is).

5ass
06-01-2012, 03:27 AM
a good move would be iggy+brand+1st for bynum.

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 03:27 AM
Lol sorry about that, I'm a Blazers fan bro. I just have an interest in the Hornets cause apparently EJ has Bahamian roots. Also I'd prefer Marshall over Lillard btw and Austin is a wildcard to me.

Ohhh lmao, i would want Marshall IF we needed a true PG, but since we already have Jack and Vazquez, i dont see it as a big need. and the Blazers got the 6th and 11th pick, what do you want with those

b@llhog24
06-01-2012, 03:33 AM
a good move would be iggy+brand+1st for bynum.

That deal would look like dog **** to the lakers.

Ohhh lmao, i would want Marshall IF we needed a true PG, but since we already have Jack and Vazquez, i dont see it as a big need. and the Blazers got the 6th and 11th pick, what do you want with those

Okay I see your point, I never really got the book on Vazquez how's he like? And preferably a big and a wing so either a combination of Drummond and Lamb. Or something like Barnes and Zeller/Henson, and I'd be cool. Although I'd sell my left nut if Beal drops to 6th. :pray:

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 03:40 AM
Vasquez is not a bad 3 point shooter(his % would say otherwise, but considering this is his second year, and the only year he actually had minutes on a team where there isn't a player that would draw a double team to relieve pressure off of him, its not bad), his mid range shots aren't bad, he isn't blazingly quick, but he is efficient with the ball, and a pretty good passer, and he is average defensively, but he doesnt get many steals.

He averaged
Minutes- 25.8
Points-8.9
Assists- 5.4
Rebounds- 2.6
TOs- 2.2

SO i mean like he isn't that bad, considering this is really his first season with minutes and a more important role

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 03:41 AM
And Beal would be an amazing player for you guys, who knows, he might just drop

b@llhog24
06-01-2012, 03:51 AM
Vasquez is not a bad 3 point shooter(his % would say otherwise, but considering this is his second year, and the only year he actually had minutes on a team where there isn't a player that would draw a double team to relieve pressure off of him, its not bad), his mid range shots aren't bad, he isn't blazingly quick, but he is efficient with the ball, and a pretty good passer, and he is average defensively, but he doesnt get many steals.

He averaged
Minutes- 25.8
Points-8.9
Assists- 5.4
Rebounds- 2.6
TOs- 2.2

SO i mean like he isn't that bad, considering this is really his first season with minutes and a more important role

Okay seems interesting, I'll be tuning into you guys more anyway due to Davis and a healthy Ej; I'll make sure to take a look at him. Although his size for a pg (based on his assist numbers I'm not sure if he's one) is intriguing to say the least.

And Beal would be an amazing player for you guys, who knows, he might just drop

Thanks man I'm hoping.

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 03:56 AM
I actually wanted Beal too(before we got the first pick of course) he is basically like Gordon lol, but Drummound is either the steal of the draft or the bust of the draft, he is scary

Korman12
06-01-2012, 04:07 AM
I think we should..

Big, capable of starting. The Sixers are in a position where they just need one team to reach, and they'll have someone they want fall to them.

John Henson is the guy I hope will be there, but the chances aren't great that he'll last to #15. If not, Terrence Ross or Terrence Jones are guys fans are starting to like, especially if Iguodala is on the way out.

Most mocks have Arnett Moultrie going at #15, who isn't a bad pick, but he reminds me too much of Marresse Speights, who wore out his welcome unfortunately fast in Philly.

HouRealCoach
06-01-2012, 04:18 AM

This.

Iguodala/Vucevic for Al Jefferson

This way Kanter, Favors, Turner, & Holiday can grow more

HouRealCoach
06-01-2012, 04:20 AM

Iguodala & Tony Allen wouldn't be fair

PhillyFaninLA
06-01-2012, 04:24 AM

There is a difference this time.

The new owner publically said something like "this team won't be a one and done anymore and they have a lot of work to do this off season to be a contender."

I believe Elton Brand gets amnestied and Iggy traded ever since the comment above, this is the first normal offseason with the new ownership and he is a guy known for doing what it takes to have a company succeed.

PhillyStandUp
06-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Your tripping if you think we'd give up our 7th pick and Thompson

Ok the warriors ain't giving up Thompson for no Iggy. N'please.

Outside of the 7th pick, there's nobody else on your team I want. Last time I checked Iggy was on GS radar, not the other way around. GS defense is pathetic! Iggy can fix that but it's gonna cost you. Funny how GS fans think their in the driver seat when you're the one inquiring about Iggy.

BTW I much rather trade Iggy for a proven defensive Big. So if Thompson is too high of a price for you, then kick rocks.

PhillyStandUp
06-01-2012, 09:35 AM
How about this Blockbuster trade.... Iggy, Thad young, vucevic and the 15th pick and 2013 1st rounder for Dwight Howard and quinten Richardson.

Instantly makes the 76ers one of the best teams in the league with Holliday, Turner, Richardson, brand, and Howard.
With Williams coming off the bench.

Magic get a great return in iggy and young while receiveing a center who will be an impact player in the near future. Plus the #15 pick would help add a real pg or sg.

I like it for the Sixers but wouldn't Orlando rather have Bynum?

PhillyStandUp
06-01-2012, 09:37 AM

We were a top 3 defensive team mainly because of Iggy.. just saying

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 09:38 AM
We were a top 3 defensive team mainly because of Iggy.. just saying

Name 5 people on our team and tell me why we were ranked 8th in points allowed?? Just saying bro

PhillyStandUp
06-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Name 5 people on our team and tell me why we were ranked 8th in points allowed?? Just saying bro

I'll give you some names. Spencer Hawes, Jodie Meeks, Lou Williams, Thad Young.. All those players played major minutes at some point in the season and are below average defenders. Some of them are liabilities. This is an argument you can't win homie.

socalswag24
06-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Pau for iggy??

HouRealCoach
06-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Laker fans are hilarious... They think Pau Gasol is worthy of being traded for anyone

BklynKnicks3
06-01-2012, 11:14 AM
amare for iggy i hope lol it may be only way sixers get a big name

2-ONE-5
06-01-2012, 11:30 AM
This.

Iguodala/Vucevic for Al Jefferson

This way Kanter, Favors, Turner, & Holiday can grow more

Jefferson is not worth that

2-ONE-5
06-01-2012, 11:33 AM
amare for iggy i hope lol it may be only way sixers get a big name

we want a good player not a "big name". amare is DONE and is contract is awful

nate2usmc
06-01-2012, 11:46 AM

Agreed. Knicks are gonna be stuck with Amare's disintegrating game and ever increasing salary. Which ******* would trade for Amare??

natelpete
06-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Beasley and the 18 pick?

Stinkyoutsider
06-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Why are the 76ers trying to get rid of this guy? He does things for this team that no other player in their lineup does. Can Holiday or Turner lock down the opponent's best wing player? Iggy doesn't demand the ball. Holiday and Turner can continue to grow while Iggy is there. Give the ball handling and playmaking duties to Turner and have Iggy continue to get his points in the flow and play lock down defense...

I think the Deng for Iggy is interesting. Chicago needs a wing player who plays above the rim to go along with Rose and I'm sure Philly could use a player like Deng (able to consistently shoot the outside shot, run the floor, fit into the offensive scheme).

PC
06-01-2012, 12:27 PM

Without a doubt a horrible contract but he's by no means done. It was a rough year for him with the injuries, death to his brother, etc. I'm expecting him to bounce back to a certain degree next season.

But it's a moot point, his contract is immovable

justinnum1
06-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Without a doubt a horrible contract but he's by no means done. It was a rough year for him with the injuries, death to his brother, etc. I'm expecting him to bounce back to a certain degree next season.

But it's a moot point, his contract is immovable

Amare should be getting paid half what he is

LongIslandIcedZ
06-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Amare might have a crippling contract in the long term, but he isn't done. Not even close. He just needs touches. Game 4 against Miami, he played great, couldn't be stopped. Its just tough to get him going with Melo holding the ball so much. If Amar'e went to another team to be "the man," I wouldn't be shocked at all if he put up all star numbers

2-ONE-5
06-01-2012, 12:49 PM
in terms of what the Sixers need Amare doesnt fit the bill anyway. Amare doesnt exactly have post up moves and he is a terrible rebounder for a guy with his size and athleticism.

The Al Jefferson for Iggy swap has beaten to death in the Sixers forum 10 times. It seems to make sense but im not sure if Id do it straight up.

Lo Porto
06-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Utah and Philly have the best chance for a deal here. Hawes and Al Jefferson could be a formidable duo down low giving the perimeter to Holiday, Turner and Williams. Utah needs to clear playing time for Favors and Kanter and they've needed a strong perimeter defender for quite some time.

The salaries matchup as do the needs. This makes sense. After the deal:

Philly: Holiday, Williams, Turner, Hawes/Jefferson
Utah: Harris, Iggy, Hayward, Millsap, Favors

htownlegend
06-01-2012, 12:56 PM
what would Houston have to do to get involved in these talks?

Cfrey
06-01-2012, 01:10 PM
iggy for darko milicic

hugepatsfan
06-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Amare might have a crippling contract in the long term, but he isn't done. Not even close. He just needs touches. Game 4 against Miami, he played great, couldn't be stopped. Its just tough to get him going with Melo holding the ball so much. If Amar'e went to another team to be "the man," I wouldn't be shocked at all if he put up all star numbers

But as "the man" he's not a championship caliber player, as he's proven. Thats his problem.

DR_1
06-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Can someone please help me get how Iggy for Gay is good for the Grizzlies? The Grizzlies suffered from a lack of guys who could create their own shot, getting Iggy for Gay (the only guy on the team who can create on a consistent basis) makes the Grizz worse in my eyes. It's great for Philly though.

nate2usmc
06-01-2012, 03:12 PM
But as "the man" he's not a championship caliber player, as he's proven. Thats his problem.

When has he had the chance to prove he's THE man for a whole season? He did for half a season in NY and he was Top 5 for MVP...

Either way I hate on him for his undeserved contract but I hate the idiot Dolan even more.

nate2usmc
06-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Amare should be getting paid half what he is

That's being generous. His weak *** is worth the MLE.

By weak I don't mean that in strength but the dude has no pride when it comes to ppl dunkin on him or flying by him or his matchup ballin out on him. His non defense playin, non boxin out asss makes him weak. But atleast he benches 400! :lift:

Southsideheat
06-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Iggy for Gasol. Sixers are under the cap so they can absorb the extra $5mill, i don't know how much Gasol's trade kicker is though.

nate2usmc
06-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Iggy for Gasol. Sixers are under the cap so they can absorb the extra $5mill, i don't know how much Gasol's trade kicker is though.

That would make sense but would the Sixers actually want Gasol?

Southsideheat
06-01-2012, 03:44 PM
That would make sense but would the Sixers actually want Gasol?

i would if i were the sixers. They can let Brand be the pick and pop guy while having Gasol back down low where he belongs.

Holiday
Turner
Young
Brand
Gasol

nate2usmc
06-01-2012, 04:01 PM
i would if i were the sixers. They can let Brand be the pick and pop guy while having Gasol back down low where he belongs.

Holiday
Turner
Young
Brand
Gasol

Agreed. It just that Gasol has diminished in value the last two years given his playoff performances and the idea that he's "soft"

Monta is beast
06-01-2012, 04:24 PM
The Raptors General Manager is pissed because he said all the players he's going after, the Warriors are going after, and the Warriors are one pick ahead of the Raptors. The Warriors are rumored to be going after Iguodala, Granger, Batum, J. Smith, and Gay. If they can get one of those players without giving up Curry, Thompson, Lee, or Bogut we would have a nice starting lineup. We have a couple trade assets.

7th pick
36th pick
52nd pick
Dorell Wright
Richard Jefferson
Jeremy Tyler

Monta is beast
06-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Utah and Philly have the best chance for a deal here. Hawes and Al Jefferson could be a formidable duo down low giving the perimeter to Holiday, Turner and Williams. Utah needs to clear playing time for Favors and Kanter and they've needed a strong perimeter defender for quite some time.

The salaries matchup as do the needs. This makes sense. After the deal:

Philly: Holiday, Williams, Turner, Hawes/Jefferson
Utah: Harris, Iggy, Hayward, Millsap, Favors

Why would Philadelphia make that trade? That could be one of the worst defensive front-courts in the league.

Blitzbolt
06-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Can someone please help me get how Iggy for Gay is good for the Grizzlies? The Grizzlies suffered from a lack of guys who could create their own shot, getting Iggy for Gay (the only guy on the team who can create on a consistent basis) makes the Grizz worse in my eyes. It's great for Philly though.

The Memphis FO won't do it anyways because of the age rudy just turn 25.

NBAFan2012
06-01-2012, 04:27 PM
What boggles my mind is Lakers fan wanting this guy in a swap for Gasol. Gasol is so underrated its pathetic. To teach you guys a lesson I really do hope The Lakers get Igouadala, I dont know why people think he is good.

Monta is beast
06-01-2012, 04:37 PM
What boggles my mind is Lakers fan wanting this guy in a swap for Gasol. Gasol is so underrated its pathetic. To teach you guys a lesson I really do hope The Lakers get Igouadala, I dont know why people think he is good.

:facepalm:

KaganRS
06-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Greg Monroe....that's it, and you guys aren't trading him. A deal with Detroit is NOT happening.

Joe Dumars has pulled off heists before ... like the Rasheed Wallace deal.

SeoulBeatz
06-01-2012, 04:39 PM

Statistically the best wing defender in the league (lowest opponent PER), incredibly athletic, 2nd best passing forward behind Lebron, good rebounder, 40% 3pt shooter last year, doesn't need the ball to be effective.

just watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49OojCD6njY

i know highlights aren't everything, but you gotta admit, he can do everything you need from a SF. An ideal wingman.

He does it all besides scoring in bunches. But if all you care about his scoring, this is probably the wrong A.I for you.

Korman12
06-01-2012, 04:42 PM
The Raptors General Manager is pissed because he said all the players he's going after, the Warriors are going after, and the Warriors are one pick ahead of the Raptors. The Warriors are rumored to be going after Iguodala, Granger, Batum, J. Smith, and Gay. If they can get one of those players without giving up Curry, Thompson, Lee, or Bogut we would have a nice starting lineup. We have a couple trade assets.

7th pick
36th pick
52nd pick
Dorell Wright
Richard Jefferson
Jeremy Tyler

The deals with GS, in various forms, have been the best one's I've seen so far as a Sixers' fan.

The 7th, one of the 2nds, and Jeremy Tyler would be ideal (I imagine GS would have to throw one of their bad contracts in, however, to make it work.)

SeoulBeatz
06-01-2012, 04:45 PM
The deals with GS, in various forms, have been the best one's I've seen so far as a Sixers' fan.

The 7th, one of the 2nds, and Jeremy Tyler would be ideal (I imagine GS would have to throw one of their bad contracts in, however, to make it work.)

Yes, I'm liking the GS deals. We need to get another pick this year, shore up the frontcourt cause right now it's Lavoy Allen and a bunch of ****. A 2nd rounder is our best big man.

sixers247
06-01-2012, 04:52 PM
I would love the 7th, 35th, Tyler and either Jefferson or Biedrins. They both suck but I'm sure we'd have to take one of them back. Would also want Wright somehow. Need a three point shooter.

RaiderLakersA's
06-01-2012, 04:53 PM
It will never happen, but I can dream can't I: Iggy for MWP straight up. :)

GrkGawdofWalkz
06-01-2012, 05:52 PM

Sarcasm. Ed Davis is a bust. lol. Even with the eighth pick. There shouldn't be a way 15 is coming back. It's interesting though.

Phenomenonsense
06-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Stuckey + 9 + 44 for Iggy + 15

GrkGawdofWalkz
06-01-2012, 06:09 PM

Hawes isn't signed. He's a free agent.

kobebabe
06-01-2012, 06:50 PM
:bla: :yawn:

theLgndKllr35
06-01-2012, 09:29 PM

Guys as a guideline. If you're throwing in your team's second round pick, it most likely means you realize the trade is lopsided and are trying to make it even...

A second round pick means nothing.

KnicksorBust
06-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Yes, I'm liking the GS deals. We need to get another pick this year, shore up the frontcourt cause right now it's Lavoy Allen and a bunch of ****. A 2nd rounder is our best big man.

No interest in Utah's bigs?

TrueFan420
06-01-2012, 10:08 PM
No interest in Utah's bigs?

The only big they will trade is al and he plays no d

theLgndKllr35
06-01-2012, 10:17 PM
An offseason of Jefferson (for Iguodala), Hibbert (offer sheet) would be a really good start.

Phenomenonsense
06-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Guys as a guideline. If you're throwing in your team's second round pick, it most likely means you realize the trade is lopsided and are trying to make it even...

Lopsided? I wouldn't really even want Iggy other than to shake things up. The only reason I'd really do it is because it would make the Pistons more likely to pick up Meyers Leonard who I am a biased fan of.

SeoulBeatz
06-02-2012, 12:29 AM
An offseason of Jefferson (for Iguodala), Hibbert (offer sheet) would be a really good start.

That would be the best start possible, but that won't happen.

SeoulBeatz
06-02-2012, 12:30 AM

Stuckey's underrated but he's a horrible fit next to Jrue and Evan. Gotta say no to that one.

Phenomenonsense
06-02-2012, 12:34 AM
Stuckey's underrated but he's a horrible fit next to Jrue and Evan. Gotta say no to that one.

He'd be an alright sixth man for a playoff team. But I wouldn't really make that trade unless I was sure Meyers Leonard was on the board then.

NastyRud
06-02-2012, 11:54 AM

2nd round picks have become valuable the last couple years. Lately teams have preferred early 2nd rd picks rather than late 1st rd picks because 2nd rd pick salaries aren't guaranteed contracts.

Korman12
06-02-2012, 05:07 PM
2nd round picks have become valuable the last couple years. Lately teams have preferred early 2nd rd picks rather than late 1st rd picks because 2nd rd pick salaries aren't guaranteed contracts.

There's also the problem that the Sixers already have two second-rounders this year.

jerryred
06-03-2012, 03:02 AM
is this trade to much or too less or right

Lakers: Andre Iguodala, Nikola Vucevic, and the 15 pick

76ers: Pau Gasol

Vinny642
06-03-2012, 03:56 AM

Tooo much especially with the 15 pick in there

jerryred
06-03-2012, 03:59 AM
Tooo much especially with the 15 pick in there

so wat do u think they would offer for Gasol

Raps18-19 Champ
06-03-2012, 04:05 AM
76ers Receive: Lowry, Martin, Scola, 8th, 14th
Rockets Receive: Iguodala, Brand, Calderon, E.Davis, 15th
Raptors Receive: Holiday, 16th

Monta is beast
06-03-2012, 04:16 AM
I honestly think the Warriors will get him. There's already been rumors that he's number one on the trade list, and 76ers fans seem to be koo with a reasonable package for both teams. Wright, Biedrins, Tyler, 7th pick for Iguodala.

Curry
Thompson
Iguodala
Lee
Bogut

Can you imagine how many assist Iggy would pick up being the primary ball handler with Curry & Thompsons shooting ability.

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-03-2012, 04:23 AM
I honestly think the Warriors will get him. There's already been rumors that he's number one on the trade list, and 76ers fans seem to be koo with a reasonable package for both teams. Wright, Biedrins, Tyler, 7th pick for Iguodala.

Curry
Thompson
Iguodala
Lee
Bogut

Can you imagine how many assist Iggy would pick up being the primary ball handler with Curry & Thompsons shooting ability.

As a Warrior fan, do you honestly like that deal? :speechless: :facepalm:

jerryred
06-03-2012, 04:30 AM
i think the 76ers really want Pau Gasol, so i think that the first trade on there mind for iggy

Blazers#1Fan
06-03-2012, 04:36 AM
sign and trade Batum For Iguodala with portland drafting drummond and marshall

Hawes
Brand
Batum
Turner
Jrue

Drummond
LA
Iguodala
Matthews
Marshall

Korman12
06-03-2012, 04:41 AM
i think the 76ers really want Pau Gasol, so i think that the first trade on there mind for iggy

They don't. Not that he isn't good, but it's not the deal the Sixers are looking to restructure their roster with.

Young players/draft picks are the keys here. Veterans aren't the solution.

Monta is beast
06-03-2012, 04:46 AM
As a Warrior fan, do you honestly like that deal? :speechless: :facepalm:

Dorell Wright is a good player, but not a starter. We don't need more rookies on this team. And we get rid of Biedrins and his contract. Tyler has allot of potential but he is still very raw. So yeah I like that trade.

PhillyFaninLA
06-03-2012, 05:44 AM

Pau is slightly softer then melted ice cream, I really hope our ownership and Rod Thorn are smarter then Pau. Pau is a great compliment guy (like Iggy is) but he would be a mistake for us. If or maybe when we trade Iggy we need toughness and grit back or expiring contracts and a draft pick.

PhillyFaninLA
06-03-2012, 05:47 AM
sign and trade Batum For Iguodala with portland drafting drummond and marshall

Hawes
Brand
Batum
Turner
Jrue

Drummond
LA
Iguodala
Matthews
Marshall

I think the Sixers can get more but I don't hate the deal. I thought sign and trades where done away with in the new CBA. Does anyone else remember hearing that or am I just getting that wrong?

joeyc77
06-03-2012, 10:41 AM

They don't. Not that he isn't good, but it's not the deal the Sixers are looking to restructure their roster with.
Young players/draft picks are the keys here. Veterans aren't the solution.

I think you couldn't be more wrong as far as the Sixers FO is concerned. I see no reason they need to completely rebuild this roster. First of all, no matter what pick you trade Iggy for, you'll have to take on salary in return. Either one of those horrible contracts on GS would not allow the Sixers to truly rebuild for two years anyway. Also, no matter what player they get at #7, it's not going to attract FAs. Getting Gasol or Jefferson (my personal preference) allows the Sixers to see how Holliday and Turner play along side an allstar calibur big man for at least two years. At that point, the Sixers will know what they have in those young players and have 35M to spend once Brand and Gasol/Jefferson are off the books (if they didn't pan out).

so wat do u think they would offer for Gasol

That being said, if the Sixers traded for Gasol...the Lakers would get nothing else of value in return except a player to match salaries...if anything the Lakers would probably have to throw in a future 1st to balance it out...something like Iggy and Hawes for Gasol and future 1st....Iggy has just as much if not more value than Gasol right now.

jimbobjarree
06-03-2012, 11:12 AM
That would be the best start possible, but that won't happen.

ooo you guys would trade Iggy for Jefferson?

Its always seemed like one of those deals that makes so much sense it would never happen.

Justsomeguy76
06-03-2012, 11:15 AM

Curry
Thompson
Iguodala
Lee
Bogut

^I feel like the Warriors will get it done for this reason. They have a lot of potential to offer the Sixers and Iggy looks like a GREAT fit for their team right now. Last year going into the lockout the rumors were flying about an Iggy - Monta deal that broke down, and it seems like the Warriors really want to get their man.

Recent Sixer history doesn't bode well for a Pau trade IMO. The Sixers have had horrible luck with both Brand and C-Webb before him in the "aging star front-court player that's supposed to take this team to another level" role.

It seems to me that a deal with the Warriors makes sense for both teams. The Warriors get better right now, and Philly gets a chance to add more talent and youth to an already talented youthful roster.