PDA

View Full Version : Which players will be traded this offseason?

Fresno
05-31-2012, 06:47 PM
Also, where do you think they will be traded to?

I'm thinking a bunch of guys will get dealt this summer during the Draft or after the Draft because teams are trying to avoid paying the new Luxury Tax.

Possible Trade Targets?

LeBron James (if Heat don't win the NBA Championship)
Dwight Howard
Deron Williams
Amare Stoudemire
Pau Gasol
Josh Smith
Andre Igoudala

greg_ory_2005
05-31-2012, 06:54 PM
They would never trade Lebron. I'd have to say maybe Iggy and Rudy Gay. Dwight too, depending on how all that drama plays out.

Cal827
05-31-2012, 06:54 PM
Jose Calderon (Large expiring contract could be valuable to some team)
Andrew Bynum (not sure if his Attitude will be forgiven again)
Chris Bosh (If they don't win it, I can see Miami trying like hell to deal Bosh)

Eagles4Lyfe
05-31-2012, 07:02 PM
Kyle Lowry
Kevin Martin
Jose Calderon
Ed Davis or Amir Johnson
Iggy iggy iggy
Rudy Gay

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-31-2012, 07:02 PM
Dwight to Brooklyn for Lopez and Pau to either Houston for Lowry, Atlanta for JSmoove or Minnesota for DerrickWill/Beasley/fillers.

That's it.

blastmasta26
05-31-2012, 07:08 PM
I can see Dwight getting traded. Definitely not LeBron, Bosh would be first to go if the Heat falter. Gasol is likely to go, his age makes him more expendable than Bynum. Knicks will explore trades for Amare but to no avail. And I think one of Josh Smith/Andre Iguodala will get traded.

popo85
05-31-2012, 07:15 PM
Iggy, with Turner taking over the SF after he's gone.

North Yorker
05-31-2012, 07:18 PM
Iggy and Gay for sure.

LoveMeOrHateMe
05-31-2012, 07:21 PM
Gasol Bynum Dwight iggy smith Lowry

idrinkpepsi
05-31-2012, 07:29 PM
Iggy
Gay
Dwight
Gasol
Lowry
Smith
Calderon

pd7631
05-31-2012, 09:07 PM
Between offseason rumors and trade deadline rumors, this will be about the 10th time I've said this......Andre Iguodala.

fadedmario
05-31-2012, 09:09 PM
Rodney Stuckey
Austin Daye

nickdymez
05-31-2012, 09:14 PM
Pau

jerryred
06-01-2012, 02:48 AM
Pau Gasol or Andrew Bynum
Dwight Howard
josh Smith
Kyle Lowry

meloman1592
06-01-2012, 03:08 AM
David Stern

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 03:08 AM
Ariza is available, any takers lol

jerryred
06-01-2012, 03:38 AM
Ariza is available, any takers lol

I hope he goes back to the lakers

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 03:41 AM
LOL, and who would we get in return?

jerryred
06-01-2012, 03:43 AM
do u think they would take the tpe the lakers got for lamar odom and a pick

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 03:50 AM
Odom? ehhhhh and what pick?

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2012, 03:56 AM
Other then James, your entire list will be traded except 2 of those players.

jerryred
06-01-2012, 03:57 AM
wat do u think it would take for the lakers to get him

Napalm
06-01-2012, 03:58 AM
Mo Williams if he opts into the final year of his deal for 8.5 mill. i expect him to opt in because i dont see any team paying him more then the full mle in the offseason. Bledsoe proved himself better in the playoffs and only makes 1.7 or something like that. i expect teams looking for a starting pg or looking for a scorer off the bench. most clippers fans would like to get a dudley + frye package for him but hell if was gm i'd take capspace + 2 2nd roundrers or the right to switch 2nd rounders.

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 04:00 AM
i honestly dont know, if I were a GM for the Hornets, i would stay away from Artest, Barnes, Ebanks, your bigs other then Gasol and Bynum

And the Lakers wouldn't give up any of them two, maybe Blake and Hill, you guys can keep the pick

But the Lakers dont really need or have a spot for Ariza, unless Artest is gone

naps
06-01-2012, 04:17 AM
Also, where do you think they will be traded to?

I'm thinking a bunch of guys will get dealt this summer during the Draft or after the Draft because teams are trying to avoid paying the new Luxury Tax.

Possible Trade Targets?

LeBron James (if Heat don't win the NBA Championship)
Dwight Howard
Deron Williams
Amare Stoudemire
Pau Gasol
Josh Smith
Andre Igoudala

:facepalm:

Fresno
06-01-2012, 04:26 AM
:facepalm:

Nothing crazy about it.

If the Heat don't win a Championship this season and get embarassed by the Spurs as I expect, what are they supposed to do? Come back again with the same "Big 3" and try it again?:eyebrow: They're already well over the Luxury Tax even if they amnesty Mike Miller so they won't be able to add anybody signficiant. Wade is untouchable and Bosh will only bring you back so much considering his contract.

Trading LeBron does makes some sense considering they'll definetly be able to find a team to give them a great deal in return. Brooklyn would send them Deron + Lopez in a heartbeat for LeBron.

blastmasta26
06-01-2012, 06:39 AM
Trading the best player in the league (unless the player demands a trade of course) just doesn't happen. And Bosh's contract isn't that bad, he's still a good player.

Rapthug
06-01-2012, 07:25 AM
Nothing crazy about it.

If the Heat don't win a Championship this season and get embarassed by the Spurs as I expect, what are they supposed to do? Come back again with the same "Big 3" and try it again?:eyebrow: They're already well over the Luxury Tax even if they amnesty Mike Miller so they won't be able to add anybody signficiant. Wade is untouchable and Bosh will only bring you back so much considering his contract.

Trading LeBron does makes some sense considering they'll definetly be able to find a team to give them a great deal in return. Brooklyn would send them Deron + Lopez in a heartbeat for LeBron.

If the Heat don't win it all I don't think it is unrealistic to think they may move one of the "Big 3" but it is crazy to think it would be Lebron. He is the best all around player in the league and it's not even close.....and I'm not a Bron Bron lover. Wade is older and more injury prone. Why would he be untouchable? Trading Bosh is tougher based on his recent numbers but he is better suited paired with LBJ than Wade.

naps
06-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Nothing crazy about it.

You don't trade the hands down greatest player on the planet. NEVER.
If you really think LeBron will be traded then either you don't follow NBA or can't evaluate talents or you are just another hater.

None of the big three will be traded even if they don't win. Their supporting cast sucks and if they fail this time it will most likely be because of role players not stepping it up. Now go check out the entire list of UFA next year. They will easily lure a couple of quality role players.

Worst case scenario, if they had to break it up, it would be Bosh. And what's wrong with Bosh's contract again? What veteran PF has a friendlier contract than Bosh? Gasol? Amare? Boozer? NO. Lots of worse bigs are getting paid more than him. Bosh is only 27 and a terrific player. Don't let the stats fool you. He barely gets plays run for him as a 3rd option.

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 09:07 AM
You don't trade the hands down greatest player on the planet. NEVER.
If you really think LeBron will be traded then either you don't follow NBA or can't evaluate talents or you are just another hater.

None of the big three will be traded even if they don't win. Their supporting cast sucks and if they fail this time it will most likely be because of role players not stepping it up. Now go check out the entire list of UFA next year. They will easily lure a couple of quality role players.

Worst case scenario, if they had to break it up, it would be Bosh. And what's wrong with Bosh's contract again? What veteran PF has a friendlier contract than Bosh? Gasol? Amare? Boozer? NO. Lots of worse bigs are getting paid more than him. Bosh is only 27 and a terrific player. Don't let the stats fool you. He barely gets plays run for him as a 3rd option.

I agree with u for the most part, but im pretty sure the Heat have like no money to spend this offseason, i think they got that veterans minimum thing

Rocketsfan85
06-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Why would Miami trade the MVP honestly if anyone goes it'll be Wade before Lebron or Bosh honestly

mightybosstone
06-01-2012, 11:23 AM
I'm fairly confident that Dwight, Pau and Iggy will be dealt and that Lowry and a number of other Rockets players will be on the move. I'd honestly be surprised to see Josh Smith moved, and I'd be curious to see how Memphis handles the Rudy Gay situation, but I don't expect he'll be moved either.

And there's certainly no telling where Deron will end up, but it won't necessarily be through a trade, and I think there's always a very good chance he stays in Brooklyn.

I think Dwight will be the key to all of free agency. There are a ton of teams who will try to deal with Orlando, and whether he's dealt or not, the dominoes will fall once the final decision is made. For example, Houston clearly wants him and will be willing to deal Lowry and a number of other pieces for him. But if it doesn't happen, they could look to LA instead and the Lakers would love to make a Lowry and Scola for Gasol deal.