PDA

View Full Version : nba refs to congress??

krazylegz
05-31-2012, 02:13 PM
will we ever see the nba ref issue in congress like we did with the steroid issue in the mlb?...

Rivera
05-31-2012, 02:22 PM
No i just think that wont happen and i think congress should focus on more important issues

i was just thinkin about makin a thread about NBA refs but the title would have been somethin like "will the nba ever hold there refs accountable" or "should refs be repromanded in public" or nba refs should be required to do be a ref full time take courses and refreshers during the offseason to keep them sharp

The nba ref is the worst ref in pro sports and has way to much power to change/dictate the game...and i usually bite my tounge about nba officiating cause usually it balances out with make up calls but after the first 2 games of boston v miami i cant hold my tounge anymore.

Chronz
05-31-2012, 02:30 PM
No, it doesnt effect the game the way steroids did

tonyd3b54
05-31-2012, 02:38 PM
It effects the game more.. Horrible officiating dictates the flow of a game, the way the players play and the outcome..no matter how good a team plays they can still lose if the officiating is incredibly onesided towards the other team. Steroids did nothing but make players stronger or recover faster.

TopsyTurvy
05-31-2012, 02:45 PM
No, even if everything Donaughy said was true there's no reason for Congress to get involved. The only times lawmakers get involve is when a law is broken/obfuscated or interstate commerce is involved, neither of which is true here.

ThunderousDemon
05-31-2012, 02:47 PM
lol Congress. We all know the highest bidder will win so there's no use in taking the issue there.

NickyNick
05-31-2012, 02:48 PM
No, even if everything Donaughy said was true there's no reason for Congress to get involved. The only times lawmakers get involve is when a law is broken/obfuscated or interstate commerce is involved, neither of which is true here.

you know how much revenue a city would make for winning it all? thats a lot of money going where it shouldnt, thats the only reason they would get involved.

natelpete
05-31-2012, 02:48 PM
Would this be a thread had the Celtics got more calls than the Heat, last night?

Chronz
05-31-2012, 02:49 PM
It effects the game more.. Horrible officiating dictates the flow of a game, the way the players play and the outcome..no matter how good a team plays they can still lose if the officiating is incredibly onesided towards the other team. Steroids did nothing but make players stronger or recover faster.

Nah, horrible officiating balances out and the best team still wins a series. Steroids tainted records and the integrity of the game. One is a human error, the other is a concentrated effort to hurt the game.

TopsyTurvy
05-31-2012, 02:59 PM
you know how much revenue a city would make for winning it all? thats a lot of money going where it shouldnt, thats the only reason they would get involved.

There's no reason for lawmakers to get involved because the jurisprudence is already there.

Tragedy
05-31-2012, 03:08 PM
If they can prove that the refs have colluded, or that the NBA/David Stern were involved, they'd have some 'splainin to do. I pray that day will happen.

davids22
05-31-2012, 03:08 PM
LOL inb4thelock

First, theres plenty of ref-bashing and conspiracy threads already on the front page. No need for another thread.

And 2nd... congress? You can't be serious.

yaswaggin
05-31-2012, 03:25 PM
Yes, every time a PSD poster complains about a call, they get a strike.

If a ref gets a 100 strikes in one game, they are sent to court.

This should get rid of all the refs in the nba, and replacement refs will take over.

davids22
05-31-2012, 03:29 PM

This should get rid of all the refs in the nba, and replacement refs will take over.

Yeah we should let all the Celtics/Knicks fans on PSD start reffing since they're so good at it.

TopsyTurvy
05-31-2012, 03:49 PM
If they can prove that the refs have colluded, or that the NBA/David Stern were involved, they'd have some 'splainin to do. I pray that day will happen.

Even so, it would be to a DA or special prosecutor -- not Congress.

yaswaggin
05-31-2012, 03:51 PM

Yeah we should let all the Celtics/Knicks fans on PSD start reffing since they're so good at it.

Corey would make a great ref, so would kashmir

But the Knicks still wouldn't win with Knicks fans as refs

Rafer17
05-31-2012, 05:36 PM
Awesome thread.

shizzle09
05-31-2012, 06:21 PM
Give it a rest. It's one of the hardest sports to officiate. There's contact on every play. Complaining about refs is pretty much the cries of the losing teams fans. Just how it is. Last night is a prefect example. Lebron was fouled soooo many times yet somehow the overall number of free throws sways many people to complaining if it being rigged. There's missed calls every game for every team. The team that attacks the basket generally goes to the line. It's alot harder that most think to defend someone mid air without commiting a foul. Doesn't matter what anyone says because the crying about refs is in EVERY game thread the heat win. According to psd the heat have NEVER actually won a playoff game and the refs have given them every win. Goes back to 2006 before we even had lebron. It's just plain comedy. Even in the years the heat weren't winning all you heard on psd id the lakers get all the calls meanwhile I'm watching the same games and thinking they're called fairly. I hate the lakers but laughed at the crying towards lakers success blaming it on the refs. Learn the game before you post.