PDA

View Full Version : Was the Gerald Wallace to the Nets trade one of the worst of all time?

DeRozan10
05-31-2012, 01:32 PM
Discuss ...

Robbw241
05-31-2012, 01:33 PM
If he doesn't resign then its up there

waveycrockett
05-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Does Gerald Wallace suck or something? Could of sworn the guy was an allstar right before he was dealt to POR.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-31-2012, 01:55 PM
It is one of the worst....man how drunk Billy must of been when he completed the trade?:shrug:

At least protect the pick like top 7 or 8...jesus christ:facepalm:

greg_ory_2005
05-31-2012, 02:10 PM
Its payback for us giving them Vince. :(

llemon
05-31-2012, 02:13 PM
Lottery pick for nothing?

Yeah, a pretty bad trade.

LakersKB24
05-31-2012, 02:26 PM
The trade alone had the potenial to be a great trade, of course now that the pick is gone it really sucks for them.
The main thing that makes the trade look even worse is the fact that they lost their biggest asset in a potential trade for Dwight which could ultimately result in losing Deron.
So yeah, if you look at the big picture, this trade was REALLY bad

DeadMemories
05-31-2012, 02:27 PM
Horrible, awful trade. Stupid. That could litterally be the downfall of the franchise for years to come!

That trade could cost you Dwight,Deron and relevance for a decade!

JayW_1023
05-31-2012, 02:30 PM
If they can deal him for some role players and free up some space, it can still happen.

A big IF though.

Chill_Will_24
05-31-2012, 02:32 PM
:horse:

black1605
05-31-2012, 02:33 PM
Does Gerald Wallace suck or something? Could of sworn the guy was an allstar right before he was dealt to POR.

He doesn't suck, but he opted out of his contract. New Jersey will have to try to re-sign him or they gave away their pick for nothing.

llemon
05-31-2012, 02:41 PM
He doesn't suck, but he opted out of his contract. New Jersey will have to try to re-sign him or they gave away their pick for nothing.

Nets could have signed him this offseason without giving up the pick, which would have been a better pick if they hadn't traded for Wallace.

Interesting, no?

NYsFinest
05-31-2012, 02:49 PM
One of the worst... without Wallace the Nets would have had a few less wins and would have possibly been in the 4th slot for the lottery... which wound up being the 1st pick.

Regardless of where it actually landed (hindsight is 20/20) they traded a very high pick for a few meaningless wins and first dibs on a declining 30 year old free agent this summer. Could have put the 10 million they are going to waste on him to better use and kept the pick. Now to try to justify the trade they are committed to spending the money on a guy who might not be the same player a year or two from now. Could be a crippling trade, the Knicks traded away a Marcus Camby and Nene for an aging and declining Mcdyess a decade ago and have only just recovered from it.

spreadeagle
05-31-2012, 02:49 PM
yes......A top 10 pick plus Lopez plus Morrow prob woud have landed Dwight...They should of at least traded the pic for a player with a long contract, now they lose the guuy after half a season...such a weird trade

JOhnnyTHaJet
05-31-2012, 02:54 PM
How can you decide this when a) he hasn't signed anywhere and b) we don't know how good the #6 pick will be.

Go back to this in a few years , then decide.

NYsFinest
05-31-2012, 02:57 PM
How can you decide this when a) he hasn't signed anywhere and b) we don't know how good the #6 pick will be.

Go back to this in a few years , than decide.

Cmon man there is nothing logical about this trade... the NO Hornets had 1 less win than the Nets, who is to say that wouldn't have been a top 3 pick with a few less wins without Wallace. Completely brain-dead gamble by the GM for just the first crack at resigning a slightly above average free agent. Zero ways to justify this trade.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2012, 02:58 PM
Hindsight. It was bad but not the worst at the time it was made.

Sadds The Gr8
05-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Hindsight. It was bad but not the worst at the time it was made.

lots of people called it stupid when it was made.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2012, 03:12 PM
lots of people called it stupid when it was made.

It was bad but it wasn't like in the top 10 worst deals or something like that.

Gerald Wallace is still a legit player in his own right.

5ass
05-31-2012, 03:13 PM
im actually happy the nets failed. I have nothin against the Nets, but i want them to fail because they were so sure Dwight was coming and because it lets superstar players that want to leave know that the grass isnt always greener on the other side. Maybe they'll think twice before wanting out.

The trade was horrible since day 1, they could've had dwight if they kept that pick AND they could've signed Wallace in FA. Its not hindsight because it was a questionable decision from the beginning.

Sadds The Gr8
05-31-2012, 03:18 PM

If he decides to walk away then it is. People called it dumb because of the fact that he was likely to opt out, and the fact that they thought bringing him would entice Dwill to stay. If they both leave then this trade is definitely one of the worst of all time...especially considering all the young talent they gave up for Dwill as well. They woulda had a nice rebuild if they stayed pat last year.

llemon
05-31-2012, 03:20 PM

And a FA.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2012, 03:22 PM
If he decides to walk away then it is. People called it dumb because of the fact that he was likely to opt out, and the fact that they thought bringing him would entice Dwill to stay. If they both leave then this trade is definitely one of the worst of all time...especially considering all the young talent they gave up for Dwill as well. They woulda had a nice rebuild if they stayed pat last year.

I guess. I assumed they were going all or nothing and wanted a big three of Dwight, Wallace and Williams. Dwight almost traded at the deadline before he opted in. If that deal was made, people would be talking about this trio.

llemon
05-31-2012, 03:31 PM
I guess. I assumed they were going all or nothing and wanted a big three of Dwight, Wallace and Williams. Dwight almost traded at the deadline before he opted in. If that deal was made, people would be talking about this trio.

And if this was tossing horseshoes instead of the NBA, that 'almost' would mean something.

lvlheaded
05-31-2012, 03:42 PM
If they lose DWill and GForce this offseason, as well as the shot to trade for Dwight, than this ends up being a top fiver. I'm not sure what King was thinking not making that pick top 7 or 8 protected. Brutal trade then and could end up being even more brutal

JOhnnyTHaJet
05-31-2012, 03:43 PM
Cmon man there is nothing logical about this trade... the NO Hornets had 1 less win than the Nets, who is to say that wouldn't have been a top 3 pick with a few less wins without Wallace. Completely brain-dead gamble by the GM for just the first crack at resigning a slightly above average free agent. Zero ways to justify this trade.

The pick was top 3 protected, so if it was in the top 3 the Nets would have had it.

All I'm saying is the trade while not very impressive now could seem fair in the next few years, similar to the Pau Gasol trade where it looked like the Lakers fleeced the Grizzlies but in actuality it was a solid trade.

If the Nets sign Wallace to around 3 years 25-30 mil and the Blazers draft someone like Andre Drummond, who then becomes a bust or just an average player than clearly the deal is fair. If Drummond becomes a top center than of course the deal favors the Blazers but we cant decide that now.

Thats what I'm getting at. Its like in football calling a player a bust on draft night when you havent even seen him play. Things must play out first before everything can be decided.

netsgiantsyanks
05-31-2012, 03:44 PM
if he leaves, then ****ing definitely. if he re-signs, it's still a meh trade. 2-3 less wins and the nets could have landed the #1 pick. plus we could have threw him a contract in the offseason. billy panicked, let's see how he backs it up

NYYCowboys
05-31-2012, 03:48 PM
I remember thinking when the trade was actually made that the draft pick had to be heavily protected and they probably wouldn't convey it until years from now, or result in giving up 2 2nds or something. But when I found out it was only top 3 protected I was completely shocked. This is the kind of trade Isiah Thomas would have made.

I just don't even see the point of even getting Wallace. They were far out of the playoff race so why acquire a 30 year old guy on the downslope of his career?? I could see why a team like let's say the Bucks would want him for a 1st rounder since they were in contention, but for the Nets it's mind boggling. 1st of all the top 10 pick would be a more valuable asset than Wallace would in a potential Dwight trade, and 2nd he was going to opt out and become a free agent anyway!

NYsFinest
05-31-2012, 03:49 PM
The pick was top 3 protected, so if it was in the top 3 the Nets would have had it.

All I'm saying is the trade while not very impressive now could seem fair in the next few years, similar to the Pau Gasol trade where it looked like the Lakers fleeced the Grizzlies but in actuality it was a solid trade.

If the Nets sign Wallace to around 3 years 25-30 mil and the Blazers draft someone like Andre Drummond, who then becomes a bust or just an average player than clearly the deal is fair. If Drummond becomes a top center than of course the deal favors the Blazers but we cant decide that now.

Thats what I'm getting at. Its like in football calling a player a bust on draft night when you havent even seen him play. Things must play out first before everything can be decided.

I was reffering to the Nets having a good shot at top 3 had the trade NOT been made... comparing the pick they gave up to the 6th pick is not accurate because it would have had more value had the Nets not improved (slightly) with Wallace. There is no scenario where the Nets win... Wallace is a FA and they could have given him 3 years 30 million regardless, Portland just wanted to get rid of him. If not Wallace, its not that hard to find an aging player on the decline for 10 mill a year in free agency... NEVER is it a good idea to trade a high lottery pick for a non superstar FA on the wrong side of 30.

llemon
05-31-2012, 03:50 PM

I see you don't get it.

2-ONE-5
05-31-2012, 03:50 PM
i think the Clippers sending BD and their unprotected first (overall) to the Cavs was worse but this would be a close 2nd

NYsFinest
05-31-2012, 03:55 PM
It might not be the worst trade ever... but there is literally no spin you can put on this to say the Nets made a good trade.

llemon
05-31-2012, 04:18 PM
i think the Clippers sending BD and their unprotected first (overall) to the Cavs was worse but this would be a close 2nd

Yeah, but I'm betting Sterling and the Clippers FO felt really great about getting rid of the Baron.

And it wasn't known that amnesty clause was coming.

The worse move was Clippers signing Davis in the first place.

topdog
05-31-2012, 04:35 PM

I think it was a foolish trade all things considered, but a worse trade off of the top of my head was Sam Cassel and 2012 draft pick (#10) for Marko Jaric and his hideous contract.

At least NJ's pain ends this year instead of dragging on as in other trades like GS risking losing their pick this year from a bad trade years ago.

llemon
05-31-2012, 04:43 PM
I think it was a foolish trade all things considered, but a worse trade off of the top of my head was Sam Cassel and 2012 draft pick (#10) for Marko Jaric and his hideous contract.

At least NJ's pain ends this year instead of dragging on as in other trades like GS risking losing their pick this year from a bad trade years ago.

Whenever 'worst trades ever' subject is brought up, I have to mention the trade that is head & shoulders above the rest.

Cliff Hagan & Easy Ed Macauley for Bill Russell.

SportsAndrew25
05-31-2012, 05:00 PM
This trade is one of the many reasons why the Nets will never be able to compete with the Knicks. You cannot constantly make these type of mistakes and expect this city to get behind you.

RLundi
05-31-2012, 06:16 PM
Probably, if he leaves for absolutely nothing. Even if he stays, I still think they lost the trade.

RLundi
05-31-2012, 06:20 PM

Lol reaching much? When you have to try to justify a trade by presenting what-ifs and completely hypothetical scenarios, then yeah, it was a bad trade. ;)

JasonJohnHorn
05-31-2012, 06:24 PM
If he bolts... yes. If he stays, it was a good trade. Wallace is an established NBA player, a starter on most teams and perhaps the best rebounder at teh SF position. The draft is hit and miss... even with picks between 5-10. Getting a player that you know can compete in the NBA as well as Wallace is worth a draft pick. That said, should Wallace leave, this was a boneheaded move.

dee279
05-31-2012, 06:28 PM
The trade alone had the potenial to be a great trade, of course now that the pick is gone it really sucks for them.
The main thing that makes the trade look even worse is the fact that they lost their biggest asset in a potential trade for Dwight which could ultimately result in losing Deron.
So yeah, if you look at the big picture, this trade was REALLY bad

This

Wolfman01
05-31-2012, 07:44 PM
Discuss ...

Yes without a question it's by far one of the baddest move. Trading your 2012 first round pick when your team is one of the worst team in the NBA for Gerald Wallace. The Nets organzation are too sure of themselves that they will bring many superstar players to Brooklyn. Gerald Wallace doesn't want to stay and play for the Nets. Deron Williams wants to play else where and the Nets are screwed. Wasted a lot of draft picks and high drafted players for Deron Williams and traded a top 5 pick for Gerald Wallace. Their franchise is pretty much screwed for the next 3 to 4 years without draft picks to help the team rebuild. The only thing they can rely on now is offering free agents big money and that's about it. But hey who cares the Nets have a billionaire owner so everything is fine.

blastmasta26
05-31-2012, 07:59 PM
It was a panic move, so it definitely wasn't a good one. One of the worst of all time may be an overreaction although it became apparent it was a bad move once everyone saw the limited protection on the pick.

llemon
05-31-2012, 11:15 PM
If he bolts... yes. If he stays, it was a good trade. Wallace is an established NBA player, a starter on most teams and perhaps the best rebounder at teh SF position. The draft is hit and miss... even with picks between 5-10. Getting a player that you know can compete in the NBA as well as Wallace is worth a draft pick. That said, should Wallace leave, this was a boneheaded move.

Once again, Nets would have still had the opportunity to sign GW this offseason without having had to give up a top 5 lottery pick for that honor.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2012, 11:21 PM
And if this was tossing horseshoes instead of the NBA, that 'almost' would mean something.

At the time though, it wasn't as bad of a move as everyone is making it out to be. They were set to take Dwight and Wallace. Judging it now with hindsight knowing Dwight opted and they lost the pick, now it's magnified even more.

Jint.
05-31-2012, 11:26 PM
turrible move by King

fadedmario
05-31-2012, 11:46 PM
Hands down the most pathetic trade ever. At least on some bust trades - players get traded and never live up to potential. This was just a **** move that there is no explanation for.

If the Nets lose Deron they will be a dreadful franchise for a long time. Not what Brooklyn was hoping for. I remember when Nets fans were talking CHris Paul and Dwight Howard - boy did that not happen..

And for the few Nets fans saying its no big deal - seriously - quit lying to yourselves.

At least you would have had the 6th pick in a VERY talented and deep draft. Now you have a boring roster with a chance of losing the face of your franchise.

If I was a Nets fan - I would hate life.

llemon
05-31-2012, 11:47 PM
At the time though, it wasn't as bad of a move as everyone is making it out to be. They were set to take Dwight and Wallace. Judging it now with hindsight knowing Dwight opted and they lost the pick, now it's magnified even more.

No, I don't believe they were going to get Dwight and Wallace.

Okur & the lottery pick (more than likely unprotected) would have been part of the Dwight trade, so Nets could take back Hedo.

Wallace was the move Nets made when they found out they weren't getting Dwight.

SugeKnight
05-31-2012, 11:54 PM
Everyone called rape, even on this site, when that trade went down. Hindsight is 20-20, but we all knew Portland shitted on New Jersey in that trade. Crash is old, gets concussed once a game, and was a pending FA. Stupid, stupid trade. Definitely one of the worst that I can remember.

Red Hot Rolllin
06-01-2012, 12:22 AM
SWEET trade if we snag Beal or Drummond

now i want their point guard too :clap: no sleep til Brooklyn

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2012, 12:37 AM
No, I don't believe they were going to get Dwight and Wallace.

Okur & the lottery pick (more than likely unprotected) would have been part of the Dwight trade, so Nets could take back Hedo.

Wallace was the move Nets made when they found out they weren't getting Dwight.

Really? I read a report they were already in line to read both.

QueensG
06-01-2012, 12:41 AM
that was a really really bad trade. they got desperate. they could of got a player better then crash with that pick and the fact that your moving into a brand new arena you would think they would want a young player with potential. epic fail

QueensG
06-01-2012, 12:49 AM
it can get even worse omif whoever is picked 6th turns out to be a stud..**** I think Jeremy Lamb would be a hige upgrade over crash in 2 yrs

QueensG
06-01-2012, 12:50 AM
if* huge*

shen
06-01-2012, 12:52 AM
Wallace blows. No one misses as many uncontested layups as him. After his all star appearance the bottom completely fell out of his game. Just plain bad. Still a good defender but when it comes to offense might as well have 4 guys on the court. Once saw him miss 4 layups in one game where was not a defender within 20 feet of him for any of them. It is sickening.

Twins Fanatic
06-01-2012, 12:54 AM
The Nets are ****ed, should have kept Favors and their 4th overall from last year along with this years pick. Unless that front office pulls something out of their ***, that team will be the worst for years to come.

shen
06-01-2012, 12:55 AM
He shot under 40% in something like 25 games. He played 58 games, nearly half his games he shot under 40%, that just can't be excused.

QueensG
06-01-2012, 12:57 AM
nets could of had a very nice young core smh marshon Brooks, Derrick favors, 6th pick...damn they ****ed up

THE GIPPER
06-01-2012, 12:59 AM
Horrible trade. Prokorov is running that franchise into the ground.

Mudvayne91
06-01-2012, 01:00 AM

I'm not gonna lie, your sig is hilarious.

cle12152433
06-01-2012, 02:07 AM
Only reason they had bad luck was because they sent that Russian woman to rep them. WTF does she know about basketball?? She doesn't have a clue as to who any of these players are...

Napalm
06-01-2012, 04:59 AM
no the stupidest trade was sending favors devin harris and there 1st rounder to utah while not even asking deron if he would extend. now they have made it much wose. nets owner is a gambler that will continue to hit up the atm even though he has already lost. i hope all the players on the nets and the whole league benefit from this clowns deep pockets. utah and portland have already benfited. i call it now, jayZ and the russian deushbag become the next clippers and stink it up for years to come. deron is gone he didnt want to b there in the first place. hopefully nj loses deron, dwight gives them the middle finger, they become the worst team in the nba and then next lotterry charlotte wins the rigged draft and the nets draft the next olwokandi or greg oden.

YoungOne
06-01-2012, 05:42 AM
man sometimes i really like our division :D

UKblazers
06-01-2012, 06:01 AM
A week before the trade all the reports in Portland were that we were looking for a mid to late first rounder...thank god for Billy King

ldawg
06-01-2012, 06:34 AM
No, not even close people and sorry teams put way to much stock in the draft. Nets has enough young players. Young players will not keep Williams and they cant just focus on Howard who cant make up his mind. its a 6th pick.

MJL80
06-01-2012, 06:36 AM
Hands down the most pathetic trade ever. At least on some bust trades - players get traded and never live up to potential. This was just a **** move that there is no explanation for.

If the Nets lose Deron they will be a dreadful franchise for a long time. Not what Brooklyn was hoping for. I remember when Nets fans were talking CHris Paul and Dwight Howard - boy did that not happen..

And for the few Nets fans saying its no big deal - seriously - quit lying to yourselves.

At least you would have had the 6th pick in a VERY talented and deep draft. Now you have a boring roster with a chance of losing the face of your franchise.

If I was a Nets fan - I would hate life.

This x1000

llemon
06-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Really? I read a report they were already in line to read both.

Really. You think they could have traded the lottery pick to Magic and Blazers?

benzni
06-01-2012, 12:28 PM
no the stupidest trade was sending favors devin harris and there 1st rounder to utah while not even asking deron if he would extend. now they have made it much wose. nets owner is a gambler that will continue to hit up the atm even though he has already lost. i hope all the players on the nets and the whole league benefit from this clowns deep pockets. utah and portland have already benfited. i call it now, jayZ and the russian deushbag become the next clippers and stink it up for years to come. deron is gone he didnt want to b there in the first place. hopefully nj loses deron, dwight gives them the middle finger, they become the worst team in the nba and then next lotterry charlotte wins the rigged draft and the nets draft the next olwokandi or greg oden.

you mad?

JerseysFinest
06-01-2012, 12:48 PM
If Deron stays, no one is going to care about this any longer. It was a bad trade, but there's nothing to change what has already happened. Nets are in win-now mode, Gerald Wallace is better now than what a Harrison Barnes or whomever is picked at the sixth pick will produce.

spreadeagle
06-01-2012, 01:09 PM
If Deron stays, no one is going to care about this any longer. It was a bad trade, but there's nothing to change what has already happened. Nets are in win-now mode, Gerald Wallace is better now than what a Harrison Barnes or whomever is picked at the sixth pick will produce.

??? how are they in win now mode? they were not even competitive with one of the best PG's in the league....although how is a great PG gunna be effective with no one to pass to? and they could have easily packaged that pick with Lopez and Morrow and got Dwight... and Wallace probably helped them get a few wins which screwed them out of the top 3 pick they could have kept! "stop me when im wrong" just such a cluster**** of bad moves, but hey **** happens maybe D Will stays and you put some pieces around him

RLundi
06-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Wallace blows. No one misses as many uncontested layups as him. After his all star appearance the bottom completely fell out of his game. Just plain bad. Still a good defender but when it comes to offense might as well have 4 guys on the court. Once saw him miss 4 layups in one game where was not a defender within 20 feet of him for any of them. It is sickening.

:laugh2:

spreadeagle
06-01-2012, 01:14 PM
I hate to pile on the crap to Nets fans "being a Raps fan I know what its like when your F.O completely screws up your team" but yall were pretty smug when you though you were getting D Will Dwight superteam, so I dont feel too bad lol

BigCityofDreams
06-01-2012, 01:24 PM
To be fair it's only a few Net fans that are smug when it comes to Dwight becoming a Net.

mamba24
06-01-2012, 01:29 PM

Its bad because at this point... Why would Wallace want to sign with the Nets??? A bad team with a dumb FO... Who would want that? The next reason it is bad is cuz trading away the lottery pick absolutely KILLED any chance the Nets had at Dwight... That in turn really hurts their chances to re-sign Deron. Essentially they traded their future away by trading the lottery pick. It's pretty hard to not see how all of this is linked and why it was a bad trade

spreadeagle
06-01-2012, 01:30 PM
To be fair it's only a few Net fans that are smug when it comes to Dwight becoming a Net.

Trading away lottery pics is such a gamble, usually hurts the franchise, and Nets seem to hand em out like candy, The raptors traded a mid rounder for Jermain Oneal and the pic turned out to be an all star center Hibbert who has helped take Indy deep into the playoffs while we are still in the lottery trying to find a C like 4 yrs later....gotta keep the pics

GoneGuru
06-01-2012, 01:31 PM
i dont think anyone would agree that this was a good trade, while wallace is terrific, hes not worth the 6th pick in any draft.

why that pick wasnt top 8 protected, or for that matter, why the nets would agree to this trade the way it was stipulated is beyond me.

the nets are screwed.

nycericanguy
06-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Its not about whether Wallace is better than someone at #6. Its the fact that NJ could have just signed GW anyway this summer!

So they gave away the #6 for 5 extra weeks of GW when they were going nowhere?

The only justification I can come up with is that Billy King, in fact did not know GW was a FA this summer.

spreadeagle
06-01-2012, 01:37 PM
i dont think anyone would agree that this was a good trade, while wallace is terrific, hes not worth the 6th pick in any draft.

why that pick wasnt top 8 protected, or for that matter, why the nets would agree to this trade the way it was stipulated is beyond me.

the nets are screwed.

ya im sure Portland still would have done the deal like top 10 protected.... then NJ could have used the pic to help get Dwight and next year they prob would be in the playoffs and they would have only had to give Portland a mid first or late rounder......so bizarre

Gators123
06-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Terrible trade.

Woodrow
06-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Seems like it was about average with some of the other trades they've done with Utah to me. The Jazz have gotten Favors, Kanter, Harris, GS pick and an $11m dollar trade exception from them for a Diva who's going to leave them and an injured center past his prime. Utah can only thank them for what looks to be 10 years of winning coming up.

NJBASEBALL22
06-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Nets could have signed him this offseason without giving up the pick, which would have been a better pick if they hadn't traded for Wallace.

Interesting, no?

Ding ding ding. I like the way you think...

I like Crash, obviously not the same play he was with the Bobcats, but a good forward that hustles, plays D, rebounds well for his size, and attacks the rim. Very good situation if he is your 3rd or 4th best player but a top 8 pick for him when you only have a PG, hmmm. head-scratcher.

blazerman
06-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Wow I cant believe how pathetic this thread is, If the Nets would have gotten the pick then they would be boasting how that it was the greatest trade of alltime.

Wallace is a solid player and will continue to be for yrs to come, 30 is prime not decline. The Blazers took a big risk in giving away a proven allstar caliber player for a draft pick that potentially could be kept by the Nets for another yr or two.

This trade will not impact Williams decision to stay or go, he already stated that Anthony Davis will not be enough for him to resign!

GM King expected that Lopez would return and by adding Wallace they might be able to secure a playoff spot. It could have made Williams decision much tougher to leave via FA and they obviously needed some more veteran presence.

Now if the Blazers can get Williams to sign with the capspace acquired in the deal from the Nets then I can see the point of this thread but until that happens then enough crying around for the Nets. If the deal was so bad then fire the idiot that made the deal. Last I checked King still has a job!

King41
06-01-2012, 03:44 PM
we will see how this trade works out

spreadeagle
06-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Wow I cant believe how pathetic this thread is, If the Nets would have gotten the pick then they would be boasting how that it was the greatest trade of alltime.

Wallace is a solid player and will continue to be for yrs to come, 30 is prime not decline. The Blazers took a big risk in giving away a proven allstar caliber player for a draft pick that potentially could be kept by the Nets for another yr or two.

This trade will not impact Williams decision to stay or go, he already stated that Anthony Davis will not be enough for him to resign!

GM King expected that Lopez would return and by adding Wallace they might be able to secure a playoff spot. It could have made Williams decision much tougher to leave via FA and they obviously needed some more veteran presence.

Now if the Blazers can get Williams to sign with the capspace acquired in the deal from the Nets then I can see the point of this thread but until that happens then enough crying around for the Nets. If the deal was so bad then fire the idiot that made the deal. Last I checked King still has a job!

What your not mentioning is that they could of just signed him in off season instead of renting him for few months which in turn only helped them not get a high pick...which meant they lose it.

blazerman
06-01-2012, 04:04 PM
What your not mentioning is that they could of just signed him in off season instead of renting him for few months which in turn only helped them not get a high pick...which meant they lose it.

Like I said they wanted him for the remainder of the season to make a playoff push. I dont think they could have done that if they had waited to the end of the season. The Nets were about four games out of the playoffs at the deadline and making a deal for a good veteran that could help get Deron and the Nets in the playoffs was the thought.

I think Lopez is the one that hurt this plan by not being able to return from his injury. Had he returned and the Nets made the playoffs we wouldnt be having this discussion would we!

Wallace being a FA could have helped out as well because they could resign him for a few more yrs and cheaper.

spreadeagle
06-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Like I said they wanted him for the remainder of the season to make a playoff push. I dont think they could have done that if they had waited to the end of the season. The Nets were about four games out of the playoffs at the deadline and making a deal for a good veteran that could help get Deron and the Nets in the playoffs was the thought.

I think Lopez is the one that hurt this plan by not being able to return from his injury. Had he returned and the Nets made the playoffs we wouldnt be having this discussion would we!

Wallace being a FA could have helped out as well because they could resign him for a few more yrs and cheaper.
I feel Wallace is one of those guys who doesnt really make his team better...his numbers are good but do teams really improve when hes on them? I mean for how much he makes anyway

BigCityofDreams
06-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Trading away lottery pics is such a gamble, usually hurts the franchise, and Nets seem to hand em out like candy, The raptors traded a mid rounder for Jermain Oneal and the pic turned out to be an all star center Hibbert who has helped take Indy deep into the playoffs while we are still in the lottery trying to find a C like 4 yrs later....gotta keep the pics

Yea they do seem to be a little loose when it comes to the picks....Isiah Thomas esque lol. It was a risk for them to make that move when they could have just signed him months later.

Bayareaboy
06-01-2012, 04:19 PM
D Will has already expressed he is not staying I understand why they tried to change his mind but it was for nothing because now Williams and Wallace can walk,if they want and the nets have nothing.

llemon
06-01-2012, 04:45 PM
I feel Wallace is one of those guys who doesnt really make his team better...his numbers are good but do teams really improve when hes on them? I mean for how much he makes anyway

You know, I feel that way also, but haven't expressed it because almost all posters in here and and on the Nets forum feel that he is hustle personified and can do no wrong.

But with all his leadership qualities, he hasn't lead any of his teams anywhere.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-01-2012, 05:05 PM
D Will has already expressed he is not staying I understand why they tried to change his mind but it was for nothing because now Williams and Wallace can walk,if they want and the nets have nothing.

Since when??

He stated he was opting out in order to get a Max deal, but he never stated he had intentions to leave.

kobebabe
06-01-2012, 06:43 PM
yes, Horrible to say the least! I wondered what they were thinking coz wallace was going to be loaned anyway! Why waste such a high pick on an aging dude who you were not sure if he would stay anyway? Damn if you ask me and one of the worst trades in history

llemon
06-01-2012, 07:10 PM
yes, Horrible to say the least! I wondered what they were thinking coz wallace was going to be loaned anyway! Why waste such a high pick on an aging dude who you were not sure if he would stay anyway? Damn if you ask me and one of the worst trades in history

A Russian that is running for Mayor of Moscow and a GM that couldn't find a job until Rod Thorn, with revenge on his mind gave his endorsement to could possibly FTUBR?

I can't imagine how anything Nets' FO does could turn out badly.

flatbush knicks
06-01-2012, 07:20 PM
lol its just funny that the nets are linked to two of the worst nba trades of all time first the dwill trade now this shyt lol

EastNYLos
06-01-2012, 07:21 PM
i agree this was a pretty bad trade..i would hate for dwight to go there...there like the clippers of the east

Punk
06-01-2012, 09:13 PM
It can't be ruled a bad trade until after the DWill/Dwight situation but if they lose out on both it easily is the worst trade ever. Not even Isiah made a trade that bad.

His response is even better: "The goal to never be here (at the draft)"....OH RLY?

KnicksorBust
06-01-2012, 09:45 PM
What an overreaction. First of all, if you knew anything about the draft, #7 picks are are not nearly as valuable as they seem. Once you leave the top 5, more draft picks are role players/busts than All-Star players.

Dirk for Robert Traylor
McHale/Parish for Joe Barry Caroll
Kareem for scraps
Wilt for scraps

are all significantly more lopsided than the Nets gambling on G-Force staying and giving up on a #7 pick.

spreadeagle
06-01-2012, 09:49 PM
What an overreaction. First of all, if you knew anything about the draft, #7 picks are are not nearly as valuable as they seem. Once you leave the top 5, more draft picks are role players/busts than All-Star players.

Dirk for Robert Traylor
McHale/Parish for Joe Barry Caroll
Kareem for scraps
Wilt for scraps

are all significantly more lopsided than the Nets gambling on G-Force staying and giving up on a #7 pick.

Nobody knew Dirk would be the player he was..therefore not really a bad trade

llemon
06-01-2012, 09:53 PM
It can't be ruled a bad trade until after the DWill/Dwight situation but if they lose out on both it easily is the worst trade ever. Not even Isiah made a trade that bad.

His response is even better: "The goal to never be here (at the draft)"....OH RLY?

Punk, we Net fans will have to live with the results

KnicksorBust
06-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Nobody knew Dirk would be the player he was..therefore not really a bad trade

:laugh: Of course it is. You go back and analyze the trades by the results of them not by how they looked at the time. People were ready to call the Gasol to Lakers deal the worst of all-time but the Grizz got Marc Gasol out of it and were able to afford bringing in Zach Randolph and re-signing some key pieces and now it doesn't look as lopsided.

NetSymptom
06-01-2012, 09:59 PM

It's already an awful trade. Anything positive that comes from this point on is in spite of the trade, not because of it.

I'm still pinching myself and hoping this was all a bad dream and that Dwight still hasn't waived his ETO. It's better than watching this train wreck Conductor King has gotten us into.

Gritz
06-01-2012, 10:16 PM
One of the best , a top pick for a HOFer

llemon
06-01-2012, 11:28 PM
One of the best , a top pick for a HOFer

Gritzzzzzz

JerseysFinest
06-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Once again, if Deron stays with the Nets, no one will be talking about this. It was done to appease Deron, with his approval. It was a bad trade, but no one will care about this if Deron signs an extension. There are far worse trades in history.

llemon
06-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Once again, if Deron stays with the Nets, no one will be talking about this. It was done to appease Deron, with his approval. It was a bad trade, but no one will care about this if Deron signs an extension. There are far worse trades in history.

You LOVE Billy King

JerseysFinest
06-02-2012, 12:16 AM
You LOVE Billy King

I don't hate him. The Wallace trade was a mistake, but I'm taking the "I'll see what the finished product looks like" approach.

cle12152433
06-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Only time will tell. I guess it depends on who gets take at 6 or later....

BKLYNpigeon
06-02-2012, 01:04 AM
Gerald Wallace is an Established NBA player he is better then any of the lottery picks except for 1-3. the Nets dont want to bring in a rookie and develop him, it TAKES TOO LONG! they want to win now. if they can get Deron and Dwight the are pretty much set.

Draft Picks are Draft Picks... you get 2 every year, its a gamble. Allstar players are hard to come by.

BKLYNpigeon
06-02-2012, 01:06 AM
the worst trade in NBA History was...

Milwaukee Bucks Traded Away a Young Ray Allen to the SuperSonics for an Aging Gary Payton. Gary Payton only played 28 games for the Bucks until he Signed with the Lakers the following year.

llemon
06-02-2012, 01:24 AM
the worst trade in NBA History was...

Milwaukee Bucks Traded Away a Young Ray Allen to the SuperSonics for an Aging Gary Payton. Gary Payton only played 28 games for the Bucks until he Signed with the Lakers the following year.

Not even close.

llemon
06-02-2012, 01:27 AM
Gerald Wallace is an Established NBA player he is better then any of the lottery picks except for 1-3. the Nets dont want to bring in a rookie and develop him, it TAKES TOO LONG! they want to win now. if they can get Deron and Dwight the are pretty much set.

Draft Picks are Draft Picks... you get 2 every year, its a gamble. Allstar players are hard to come by.

Crash is opting out and will be a FA.

Nets could have signed GW this offseason and still had the 1st or 4th draft pick.

Think before you post.

llemon
06-02-2012, 01:28 AM
I don't hate him. The Wallace trade was a mistake, but I'm taking the "I'll see what the finished product looks like" approach.

And the beat goes on

jmoney85
06-02-2012, 02:04 AM

Nets could have signed GW this offseason and still had the 1st or 4th draft pick.

Think before you post.

the trade was for bird rights... gives them flexibility this offseason... BUT if you see geforce signed before any deal is made on this roster then I will have to say the trade makes no sense

llemon
06-02-2012, 02:25 PM
the trade was for bird rights... gives them flexibility this offseason... BUT if you see geforce signed before any deal is made on this roster then I will have to say the trade makes no sense

How does having Wallace's Bird Right's help the Nets?

stejay
06-02-2012, 03:46 PM
They gave up so much for a average player, who turns it on every now and then... So bad.

RonnieB23Ricky
06-02-2012, 04:01 PM
The nets have to resign d will, Lopez, Wallaace, Humphries, Green, and farmar. No matter what they are financially screwed...they better hope they can trade for dwight

NYsFinest
06-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Nets screwed themselves... without the trade they would have had a top 4 pick (maybe even 1st) because they would have had a few less wins that would have been a huge chip in a dwight trade. People dont realize that Lopez is a RFA and Wallace is a FA and they cant offer their 2013 pick because they traded this years. so the ONLY asset the have under contract is marshon brooks.

Why would wallace sign an extension just to be traded to the magic before the season even starts?!? What player would give up all their flexibility as a FA?? Not knly does Lopez have the right to veto any trade, but he can also very easily sign a large offer sheet july 1st and put the Nets in a tough spot.

Nets need to act fast to keep deron.... problem is they just gave up their only asset for a FA that can choose not to go to Orlando

flatbush knicks
06-02-2012, 08:18 PM
what about the vlade divac for kobe bryant trade

Aleksandar
06-02-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm not sure about salary and signing rules.. Is the following scenario possible?

Considering this Russian guy has tons of money, maybe they are going to sign players until they reach salary cap. Then they can resign Wallace and go over the cap because he was their player? (Is that called Bird rights?)

THE MTL
06-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Maybe the worse trade of the season, but come on All time lol. I think the Nets getting Vince Carter from Raptors in one of the worse trades of all-time. Grizzlies handing Gasol to Lakers which basically ensured them 3 finals appearances and 2 titles is one of the worse trades of all time.

This trade was awful though and for a player like Gerald Wallace caliber the pick should have been further protected.

However remember the last team that ended up with a mid-tier top pick (it was #5), already contained an allstar (named Paul Pierce), and had an up-and-coming young star (named Al Jefferson). Nets with #6 pick, Deron Williams on board, and Marshon Brooks talent. hmmm. They could have an interesting offseason.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Maybe the worse trade of the season, but come on All time lol. I think the Nets getting Vince Carter from Raptors in one of the worse trades of all-time. Grizzlies handing Gasol to Lakers which basically ensured them 3 finals appearances and 2 titles is one of the worse trades of all time.

This trade was awful though and for a player like Gerald Wallace caliber the pick should have been further protected.

However remember the last team that ended up with a mid-tier top pick (it was #5), already contained an allstar (named Paul Pierce), and had an up-and-coming young star (named Al Jefferson). Nets with #6 pick, Deron Williams on board, and Marshon Brooks talent. hmmm. They could have an interesting offseason.

I wouldnt call that trade one of the worst at all. In hindsight, the Griz got Marc Gasol, Quincy Pondexter (traded Grevis Vazquez for him), and Darrell Arthur. 2 solid contributors and one future star in Gasol. Thats a solid haul.

llemon
06-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Maybe the worse trade of the season, but come on All time lol. I think the Nets getting Vince Carter from Raptors in one of the worse trades of all-time.

Truly. That trade is the reason the Nets are still ****ed up to this day.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-03-2012, 01:20 AM
Truly. That trade is the reason the Nets are still ****ed up to this day.

So wait... You think getting Carter was a bad thing??

llemon
06-03-2012, 11:43 AM
So wait... You think getting Carter was a bad thing??

Not bad......Horrible.

But what was much, much worse was re-signing him.

JerseysFinest
06-03-2012, 11:52 AM

Think before you post.

Crash said he had no idea about the Nets lol, it's definitely no guarantee he would've signed as a free agent.

llemon
06-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Crash said he had no idea about the Nets lol, it's definitely no guarantee he would've signed as a free agent.

So now that Crash has an idea of what the incredibly inept Nets organization is about, do you think there is more or less of a chance that he re-signs with Nets?

JerseysFinest
06-03-2012, 12:08 PM
So now that Crash has an idea of what the incredibly inept Nets organization is about, do you think there is more or less of a chance that he re-signs with Nets?

I think he's more about getting a payday than where he's actually playing. King has to pay him whatever he wants because if he leaves, the trade will look worse than it already is. He's definitely staying with the team.

llemon
06-03-2012, 12:31 PM
I think he's more about getting a payday than where he's actually playing. King has to pay him whatever he wants because if he leaves, the trade will look worse than it already is. He's definitely staying with the team.

So you agree that trading for Crash was unnecessary.

Trueblue2
06-03-2012, 12:44 PM
When I first heard about the trade I figured there was no way that portland was gonna see that pick this year. I thought for sure it would be way more protected than it was and thought portland made a bad trade because they could have gotten a pick in this draft... Then I heard that it was only top 3 protected and literally laughed out loud.

nycericanguy
06-03-2012, 01:11 PM
When I first heard about the trade I figured there was no way that portland was gonna see that pick this year. I thought for sure it would be way more protected than it was and thought portland made a bad trade because they could have gotten a pick in this draft... Then I heard that it was only top 3 protected and literally laughed out loud.

Yea I thought the same at first. I thought maybe a future 1st like in 2014, or maybe a 2nd rounder. I thought POR just wanted to dump his contract because they were afraid he would opt in and take away all their cap space.

tyfreaks brotha
06-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Well I don't think the Nets were expecting Deron to be injured most of the season, so at the moment, no it was a smart trade, but looking back at it, it's terrible, especially if he bolts after this season

llemon
06-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Well I don't think the Nets were expecting Deron to be injured most of the season, so at the moment, no it was a smart trade, but looking back at it, it's terrible, especially if he bolts after this season

Deron missed 11 games last season, including the last 3 or 4 games of the season he decided to sit out.

xxplayerxx23
06-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Not bad......Horrible.

But what was much, much worse was re-signing him.

why carter wasnt bad

llemon
06-03-2012, 01:58 PM
why carter wasnt bad

I am one of those fans that believes Vince was, is and ever shall be an NBA dog.

xxplayerxx23
06-03-2012, 02:00 PM
I am one of those fans that believes Vince was, is and ever shall be an NBA dog.

I think vince did dog it a lot and didnt care but he still played well for the nets, I dont think that was a horrible trade, The gforce trade was 10 times worse IMO

llemon
06-03-2012, 02:16 PM
I think vince did dog it a lot and didnt care but he still played well for the nets, I dont think that was a horrible trade, The gforce trade was 10 times worse IMO

Think what you like.

Pistol_Pete
06-03-2012, 02:32 PM
How are people ripping on the Vince Carter trade? The Nets got him for basically nothing.

Now onto the Gerald Wallace trade. Depending on what happens it has to be one of the worst trades ever. If the Nets keep Williams and can somehow get Howard, it won't really matter that much. But it could have a huge impact on the organization and and lead to horrible horrible losses for them. Unfortunately, we'll never really now that unless the players come out and say so.

In theory, here's what could happen due to the Wallace trade:
- Nets trade for Wallace to show Williams that are committed to a stronger team
- Nets win a handful of more games with Wallace, slipping in the lottery
- Nets lose their 2012 lottery pick
- a) Wallace walks as a free agent or b) is re-signed as an aging overpaid player
- Due to lack of lottery pick, Nets cannot trade for Howard
- Due to the lack of bringing in another star, Williams leaves
- Nets are forced to re-sign their own players ala Lopez and Humphries to inflated contracts
- Nets move into new area with 0 stars and bad contracts

That's what could happen as a direct effect of the trade. If that happens, it may actually be the worst trade of all time.

llemon
06-03-2012, 02:38 PM
How are people ripping on the Vince Carter trade? The Nets got him for basically nothing.

As often happens, Nets got a little less than they paid for.

Whomewhome
06-04-2012, 05:53 AM
I have no idea how you can judge a trade that will only show any effects till next season. It probably was a bad trade but Worst trade of all time. NO WAY. In fact the other trade for Gerald Wallace that Michael Jordan pulled was horrible. Gerald Wallace + picks for Prizbilla, Dante Cunningham and Sean Marks.

DR J for 3 million$ (probably worst trade of all time)

Driven
06-04-2012, 09:28 AM

Value is value. Of course the draft pick might not pan out, but if it were the Nets drafting, they could take a completely different player.

As for Wallace re-signing, the fact of the matter is that if they want to keep him, they're going to have to sign the 30 year old Wallace to more than he should get.

DeRozan10
07-04-2012, 07:15 PM
does the fact wallace resigned make this deal any better for the nets??

DoMeFavors
07-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Well net a had his bird rights to go over cap they wouldn't be able to sign him if they never traded for him.

waveycrockett
07-04-2012, 07:20 PM

I think Harrison Barnes on this current team would look absolutely ********

sunsfan88
07-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Wow a perfect 1 month bump.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-04-2012, 07:30 PM

HAHAHA i thought it was either waveycrockett or DoMeFavors who might have bumped this thread but the OP himself? what do YOU think dude, is it still really the worst trade of ALL TIME?

fadedmario
07-04-2012, 07:38 PM
I think Harrison Barnes on this current team would look absolutely ********

Homer of the year.

Rockice_8
07-04-2012, 07:44 PM
This isn't even close to the worst trade of all time. Not good but not even close to the worst.

/End Thread

llemon
07-04-2012, 07:47 PM

We will see as the offseason then the regular season progress.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Because of Wallace, they helped resigned Williams. So much for bad trade.

waveycrockett
07-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Homer of the year.

Well he'd look better than Andre Drummond. Not saying much tho

fadedmario
07-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Well he'd look better than Andre Drummond. Not saying much tho

lol - Nets get Gerald Wallace (at 10 million a year) and Joe Johnson (at over 20 million a year) and act like they are the Heat.

Never seen a group of fans so cocky over an average team.

tr3ymill3r
07-04-2012, 08:10 PM
I say it's a terrible trade because they could have signed Wallace as a FA and saved the draft pick and traded it to get Dwight.

aLau10
07-04-2012, 09:09 PM
If Wallace doesn't resign it'll be stupid.

llemon
07-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Because of Wallace, they helped resigned Williams. So much for bad trade.

Is that what Deron said?

Rique
03-30-2013, 11:59 PM
its official hes awful

Cromedome
03-31-2013, 12:23 AM
He's 1 of those players that need to be surrounded by talent and not asked to be the man on a nightly basis.

Utd7
03-31-2013, 12:26 AM
They could have had Harrison Barnes instead so it was horrible.

jp611
03-31-2013, 12:42 AM
He's so bad now... The Nets are in NBA hell

DDynO
03-31-2013, 11:41 AM
They could have used that pick to get Dwight tho......

BKLYNpigeon
03-31-2013, 11:56 AM
The worst trade in History was in 1968 when the Philadelphia 76ers decided to trade Wilt Chamberlain to the Los Angeles Lakers for three players.

BBallfan8
03-31-2013, 12:20 PM
Trading a high lottery pick for the option to be first in line to offer a rapidly declining SF one of the worst contracts in the NBA is considered a bad deal?!?! :confused:

Hawkeye15
03-31-2013, 02:11 PM
The worst ever? Doubt it. But yeah, to give up Barnes/Lillard, etc, who would be on a rookie scale deal for the next 4 seasons, to overpay the crap out of a declining veteran, is a really bad move.

sunsfan88
04-02-2013, 04:15 AM
Not as bad Suns getting a lottery pick for a UFA in Steve Nash :D

NoahH
04-02-2013, 11:34 AM
Well...

Damian Lillard >>>>> Gerald Wallace

So that makes it a bad trade right

And even if they didnt want Lillard...

Harrison Barnes >>>> Gerald Wallace

Hustla23
04-02-2013, 11:41 AM
The answer is still yes. LOL Nets.

RipCity32
04-02-2013, 11:49 AM
It was a really stupid trade at the time and its even worse now.

JiffyMix88
04-02-2013, 11:53 AM
It was a really stupid trade at the time and its even worse now.

Well I know you're not complaining lol.

maddBat
04-02-2013, 12:07 PM
worse trade ever. but it had to be done. without it i dont think dwill stays in brooklyn.

GiantsSwaGG
04-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Didn't Waveycrokett say it was smarter to overpay an aging/declining veterian than draft a rookie (Lillard or Barnes)?

RipCity32
04-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Well I know you're not complaining lol.

Not at all LOL

floater
04-02-2013, 12:47 PM
worse trade ever. but it had to be done. without it i dont think dwill stays in brooklyn.

that makes no sense whatsoever.

29$JerZ
04-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Didn't realize how poorly Crash has been this season, those numbers are incredibly sad.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/wallage01.html

8 Points
40% FG%
29% 3PT%
65% FT%
And he's started in 62 games out of the 63 he has played.

$9,682,435
$10,105,855
$10,105,855
$10,105,855

His production is only going to get worse since he is really losing a step.
Terrible contract for one of my favorite players.

5ass
04-02-2013, 05:07 PM

Actually it could have landed you dwight in the offseason before Dwill signs his contract. Lopez, Kris' expiring contract, that pick and a future 1st would've easily gotten it done. Then you have

Dwight/Evans
Big Baby/Blatche
Joe Johnson/Brooks
Jrich/Brooks/Stevenson
Williams/Farmar

That team would've been a lot better than what you have now.

GiantsSwaGG
04-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Where's Wavey?

WAYNEBO
04-02-2013, 06:32 PM
He's still a great player... Perhaps outside of the top 3, lottery picks are more misses more than they are hits. Crash was a proven commodity and more importantly, plays well with other ballhogs... so IMO it was a good trade AT THE TIME, to appease DWill with surrounding talent.

GiantsSwaGG
04-02-2013, 06:40 PM
He's still a great player... Perhaps outside of the top 3, lottery picks are more misses more than they are hits. Crash was a proven commodity and more importantly, plays well with other ballhogs... so IMO it was a good trade AT THE TIME, to appease DWill with surrounding talent.

It was a horrible trade at the time. Stop justifying it. You could of easily signed Wallace in the offseason and used the 6th pick to draft Barnes or Lillard who are better players now than Wallace. Even if you wanted to trade the pick, you could of gotten a better player than an aging Wallace on an expiring contract. It's not the worst trade but it does make it in the top 10/ maybe even top 5 of all time worst trades!

ManRam
04-02-2013, 06:47 PM
precisely why i'd rather have a guy like hollinger influencing trades and not an impatient owner who doesn't care about cap hell. the nets are just set up to be this same team for a long time now...and that's just terrible.

hindsight is 20/20, but it was a very curious move in the first place, and again showed a complete lack of patience.

worst ever? absolutely not. terrible? absolutely.