PF: Davis, Smith
C: Okafor, Ayon

The #10 pick is a very tricky one.
do they go pg? or c?

can they trade Okafor?
or do they amnesty him?

Gram
05-31-2012, 09:06 AM
We already have this exact same thread lol.

aussie
05-31-2012, 09:12 AM
Lowry/Jack/Grievis
Gordon/X
Ariza/Aminu
Davis/Landry/Ayon
Kaman/Dalembert/Smith

Trade Okafor/#10 for Lowry/Dalembert
Draft Anthony Davis
Re-sign EJ, Landry, Kaman

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 01:49 AM
I want to amnesty Okafor, resign Kaman, trade Ariza, for scrap metal even, draft a SF or a scoring guard. I think Aminu has some potential, his last few games of the season, he looked pretty good. :)

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 02:40 AM
Thanks for your post.http://www.hdmitodvid.com

Aww, why thank you :p

JJ_JKidd
06-01-2012, 04:08 AM
they have enough money for a max contract
the #1 pick and the #10 pick
they could be a threat in the west for sure

PG: Grevis, Jack
SG: Gordon, Henry
SF: Aminu, Ariza

do they go pg? or c?

can they trade Okafor?
or do they amnesty him?

All because of Davis? jesus christ how many all-star appearances does Grevis, Gordon, Aminu and Okafor have? :facepalm:

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 04:24 AM
All because of Davis? jesus christ how many all-star appearances does Grevis, Gordon, Aminu and Okafor have? :facepalm:

Are you forgetting that we have alot of cap room for FAs? and we also got the 10th pick, and we didnt even have gordon for most of last year?, its funny you point of 2 bench guys who are in their early years and say they dont have an al star appearance...

LakersIn5
06-01-2012, 04:48 AM
Are you forgetting that we have alot of cap room for FAs? and we also got the 10th pick, and we didnt even have gordon for most of last year?, its funny you point of 2 bench guys who are in their early years and say they dont have an al star appearance...

even with that the hornets still wont make the playoffs "for sure" like you said.

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 04:51 AM
even with that the hornets still wont make the playoffs "for sure" like you said.

Ummmm kid, you are quoting the wrong person, I never said "for sure" we will make the playoffs, that was the other dude, we are on the uprise though ;)

Fresno
06-01-2012, 04:52 AM

Free Agents only sign in New Orleans to get a huge payday and make the Hornets regret ever doing it. If you think your cap room means you're going to get a big name player to come to New Orleans then you're being naive.

New Orleans is the type of Franchise that would give Nick Young a $30 Million Dollar contract.

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 04:54 AM
Free Agents only sign in New Orleans to get a huge payday and make the Hornets regret ever doing it. If you think your cap room means you're going to get a big name player to come to New Orleans then you're being naive.

New Orleans is the type of Franchise that would give Nick Young a $30 Million Dollar contract.

You're whole post is ignorant, check it, we USED to be that kind of franchise when we had Jeff Bower as our GM, Demps isn't like that.... and I never said we were getting a big name, but I think we can get a few role players that would definitely help.

ChrisSabo17
06-01-2012, 05:04 AM
Not a big NBA fan but follow from a distance so don't judge too much. I am a huge IU fan and would love to see Gordon in Indiana again. What are the odds and what would the pacers have to give up to get him? I think he is unrestricted right? Would Granger and a pick or something like that be enough? Again please don't bash I'm not a diehard NBA fan.

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 05:06 AM
Not a big NBA fan but follow from a distance so don't judge too much. I am a huge IU fan and would love to see Gordon in Indiana again. What are the odds and what would the pacers have to give up to get him? I think he is unrestricted right? Would Granger and a pick or something like that be enough? Again please don't bash I'm not a diehard NBA fan.

Actually he is a restricted FA, and most likely I see New Orleans accepting mostly any deal to keep him

ChrisSabo17
06-01-2012, 05:42 AM
Actually he is a restricted FA, and most likely I see New Orleans accepting mostly any deal to keep him

O ok. Thanks, You don't see any trades for him either hu? That kinda stinks. Thanks again!

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2012, 07:53 AM
The 8th, Davis, Calderon and pick for Eric Gordon.

1st- Davis
2nd- Robinson
3rd- MKG
4th- Beal
5th- Barnes
6th- Drummond
7th- Sullinger
8th- PJ3
9th- Zeller
10th-Lamb

C-Okafor, Ayon
PF-A.Davis (1st), E.Davis
SF-P.Jones (8th), Aminu
SG-Lamb (10th), Henry
PG-Calderon, Jack

Cal827
06-01-2012, 10:14 AM
They should Keep Emeka. He could help guide Anthony Davis's defensive Development.

They should also try and build starting now. Don't trade the 10th pick.. Use that on Lilard or Marshall (pass first PG who could build chemistry with Davis and Gordon). The best thing about having top 10 picks in a deep draft is that it's easier to control everyone while the team builds... don't have to worry about adding a high pick while another former high pick is on the verge of FA. They could easily just stockpile high picks for the next two years, and still have AD and KM/Lilard under contract for 2 years.

Jack/Marshall or Lilard
Gordon
Ariza
Davis
Okafor

Target a SF in the next draft as this team probably will miss the playoffs again.

THE GIPPER
06-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Draft Davis at #1
Draft Marshall at #10
Sign Jeff Green

Okafor
Davis
Green
Gordon
Marshall

mightybosstone
06-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Lowry/Jack/Grievis
Gordon/X
Ariza/Aminu
Davis/Landry/Ayon
Kaman/Dalembert/Smith

Trade Okafor/#10 for Lowry/Dalembert
Draft Anthony Davis
Re-sign EJ, Landry, Kaman

:laugh: You must think the Rockets are pretty stupid. That's a truly awful trade scenario...

Minnesota_Rube
06-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Why would Eric Gordon resign with the Hornets? Sorry but he's leaving and probably to Indiana

RaiderKid318
06-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Why would Eric Gordon resign with the Hornets? Sorry but he's leaving and probably to Indiana

Sorry but he is restricted and we pretty much own his ***.

RaiderKid318
06-01-2012, 11:31 AM

Yeah have you seen our new owner bro? He won't even pay one of the best QBs in the league, so what makes you think he is going to pay a scrub a big contract? I for one hope he does a sign and trade with EJ because he will never be able to play a full year.

nate2usmc
06-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Yeah have you seen our new owner bro? He won't even pay one of the best QBs in the league, so what makes you think he is going to pay a scrub a big contract? I for one hope he does a sign and trade with EJ because he will never be able to play a full year.

I root for the Hornets (well any NO team) but that's not a good look.

MonroeFAN
06-01-2012, 11:39 AM
PG: some no name
SG : Eric Gordon
SF : Ariza?
PF : someone else
C : David Stern

mightybosstone
06-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Sorry but he is restricted and we pretty much own his ***.

It doesn't matter if players are restricted in today's NBA. If he wants out, the Hornets will deal him. And if they don't, all he has to do is sign a qualifying offer sheet and wait to be unrestricted in 2013. It all depends on Gordon. If he wants to stay, he'll stay. If he wants to leave, he'll leave and the Hornets would be smart to get something out of it while they still can.

Lo Porto
06-01-2012, 12:28 PM
PG Kendall Marshall (#10), Jarrett Jack
SG Eric Gordon, Belinelli
SF Ariza
PF Ryan Anderson or Steve Novak
C Anthony Davis (#1), Okafor

JasonJohnHorn
06-01-2012, 02:13 PM
I think the Hornets should really consider keeping Oak and Kaman. They are both solide rebounders and hard workers, and should Davis be all that the hype machine makes him out to be, that would give the Hornets one of the best rebounding front lines in the league, and the beautiful thing about it is that neither Kaman nor Oak would be demanding the ball on the offensive end. It's easy to win when you got that much rebounding power.

I don't know what they have planned for the tenth pick overall, but I think they'll just go with drafting the best player available regardless of what position they might happen to play. Maybe work out a trade with Oak and the 10th pick or something.

hugepatsfan
06-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Draft Davis at #1
Draft Marshall at #10
Sign Jeff Green

Okafor
Davis
Green
Gordon
Marshall

The Celtics still treat Jeff Green like a part of the team and he has talked about how Doc has been a huge guy fro him throughout this year so I'd be very surprised to see him not back in BOS.

JeffG20
06-01-2012, 02:44 PM

Indiana said they don't want him. Add that to the fact that they can match anyoffer. Research before you say stupid **** like that

JeffG20
06-01-2012, 02:46 PM

Its called negotiations. Breed will get his money. But like any good owner he's not cutting him a blank check

JeffG20
06-01-2012, 02:50 PM
It doesn't matter if players are restricted in today's NBA. If he wants out, the Hornets will deal him. And if they don't, all he has to do is sign a qualifying offer sheet and wait to be unrestricted in 2013. It all depends on Gordon. If he wants to stay, he'll stay. If he wants to leave, he'll leave and the Hornets would be smart to get something out of it while they still can.

That is true but I'm still trying to find anything by him that says he wants to leave other then other peoples random assumptions.

Hey I could be wrong and he could hate it. But who knows. Give him a decent offer and see what happens. I just don't know anyone will throw the bank history at him knowing his injury

mp3
06-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Hornets should draft Damian Lillard with the 10th pick. I think that guys gonna be real good. He reminds me of CP3 a lot.

sunsfan88
06-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Still hoping Gordon doesn't resign...but its looking unlikely now :(

Juju
06-01-2012, 06:14 PM
The 10th pick right now seems to be a toss up. If the front office think they need a point guard to pair with Davis, then they will probably get Lillard. I think it's kinda unlikely with Jack and Vasquez in the fold. They did pretty good last year.. Maybe we can snag Perry Jones and stick him on the wing. With Davis, we can take a chance with him. It seems the Hornets are going to let Landry and Kaman walk. They don't fit the mold for a rebuilding process. Okafor only has two years left on his deal so he'll probably stick around. Someone has to take up cap space. And with Eric Gordon, it seems he really does want to stick around in New Orleans (despite what every other national media source is saying...). It seems he's going to sign a big offer sheet from someone else and it will be the Hornets choice to either match it or let him walk. And it seems the Hornets are more than likely will match it..

PG: Jack - Vasquez
SG: Gordon - Henry
SF: Ariza - Aminu
PF: Davis - Ayon
C: Okafor - Smith

Throw in the 10th pick in there and you got a pretty nice squad baring injuries.

5ass
06-01-2012, 06:30 PM
The 10th pick right now seems to be a toss up. If the front office think they need a point guard to pair with Davis, then they will probably get Lillard. I think it's kinda unlikely with Jack and Vasquez in the fold. They did pretty good last year.. Maybe we can snag Perry Jones and stick him on the wing. With Davis, we can take a chance with him. It seems the Hornets are going to let Landry and Kaman walk. They don't fit the mold for a rebuilding process. Okafor only has two years left on his deal so he'll probably stick around. Someone has to take up cap space. And with Eric Gordon, it seems he really does want to stick around in New Orleans (despite what every other national media source is saying...). It seems he's going to sign a big offer sheet from someone else and it will be the Hornets choice to either match it or let him walk. And it seems the Hornets are more than likely will match it..

PG: Jack - Vasquez
SG: Gordon - Henry
SF: Ariza - Aminu
PF: Davis - Ayon
C: Okafor - Smith

Throw in the 10th pick in there and you got a pretty nice squad baring injuries.

should be a good defensive team.

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 08:09 PM

He actually said he will look around, but he is a restricted FA, and we kinda said that we would basically match any offer

Juju
06-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Yeah, Monty Williams hangs his hat on defense. He got street 10 day contracts players to play good defense. And with Davis... :drool:

It feels nice to finally look forward to the Hornets.. it's been a while..

Vinny642
06-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Yeah I would've been upset if we've let Monty Williams go, but he is an amazing coach and I am happy to have him.

Sportfan
06-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Dell Dempz really looks like a genius passing on Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley, Jeff Green, 2 1st round draft picks, for Gordon Kaman Aminu and 10th.

Rondo/Avery with Davis holy smokes could have been so fun to watch

jerryred
06-02-2012, 03:30 PM
If hornets were interest in Pau Gasol, wat would they offer

Juju
06-02-2012, 03:35 PM
I highly doubt they are.. as a rebuilding team with Anthony Davis about to enter the fold.. Gasol isn't needed.

nolafan33
06-02-2012, 03:39 PM

Why wouldn't he resign with the Hornets? He has already stated that he is comfortable here and that he loves our staff and his teammates. At the right price for him and the Hornets, he'll be back. Indiana has already said they aren't interested in signing him.

fadedmario
06-02-2012, 03:55 PM
I will bet almost everything I have Chris Kaman is a Piston next year - so remove him from the roster.

fadedmario
06-02-2012, 04:00 PM
PG Kendall Marshall (Lillard if he's not drafted before 10)/Jarret Jack
SG Eric Gordon/Xavier Henry
SF Trevor Ariza/Aminu
PF Anthony Davis
C Okafor

Add some more bench I missed and whoever they get from Detroit for Kaman

Nice looking team going forward

fadedmario
06-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Is Kaman a free agent? Rumors are the Pistons want him and I'm not even sure if the Hornets still have him under contract?

RaiderKid318
06-02-2012, 04:11 PM

Point being if we don't want him to leave he won't. If we want to sign and trade him we can (I hope we do). Point is we make the choice. I am sure he will want to play with AD though.

Its called negotiations. Breed will get his money. But like any good owner he's not cutting him a blank check

I understand that, I was replying to someone saying benson will give a scrub a huge contract and I said if he won't pay Brees huge (right off the bat) he sure as hell won't pay a bum that ever.

Silent
06-02-2012, 04:18 PM

He's Restricted he has 2 sign

Vinny642
06-02-2012, 05:26 PM
If hornets were interest in Pau Gasol, wat would they offer

for a team looking for the future, nothing, we dont want gasol anymore

Vinny642
06-02-2012, 05:28 PM
:laugh: You must think the Rockets are pretty stupid. That's a truly awful trade scenario...

Considering Lowry doesn't want to player for your coach anymore, and we are giving u the 10th pick, and a better player with Okafor over Dalembert, its not that crazy

NoahH
06-02-2012, 05:57 PM

Also, the Hornets were hot down the stretch with E. Gordon so its possible that theyre a threat with Davis

Vinny642
06-03-2012, 02:03 AM
Also, the Hornets were hot down the stretch with E. Gordon so its possible that theyre a threat with Davis

Yeah, Jack played very well, our young outta nowhere guys like Ayon, Vasquez, Smith played good, Aminu showed potential at the end of the season, and honestly, i think after we draft Davis, we have a borderline playoff team

Bulls_fan90
06-03-2012, 02:28 AM
Stern turned this franchise around. In no way was the Lakers trade better than what the Clippers offered. Yet the NBA is fixed and blah blah blah.

Hornets are on the rise.

Vinny642
06-03-2012, 02:39 AM
Stern turned this franchise around. In no way was the Lakers trade better than what the Clippers offered. Yet the NBA is fixed and blah blah blah.

Hornets are on the rise.

Lakers fan are just salty because they couldn't get another superstar from us for a former aging star.

jerryred
06-03-2012, 02:53 AM
is there any chance that the hornets take Austin Rivers or Jeremy Lamb with that 10 pick

RaiderKid318
06-03-2012, 03:25 AM
is there any chance that the hornets take Austin Rivers or Jeremy Lamb with that 10 pick

yes

jerryred
06-03-2012, 03:33 AM
yes

if they get one of the two, does that mean they trade Eric Gordan for maybe Danny Granger

uprightciti
06-03-2012, 03:39 AM
Gordon is a solid sg.who has allstar potential why trade.him?
In anycase they will have the ugliest team in the nba.

jerryred
06-03-2012, 03:46 AM
Gordon is a solid sg.who has allstar potential why trade.him?
In anycase they will have the ugliest team in the nba.

He is a good player, but why get a player at the same postion with good potential too and let him sit on the bench, while u can go get another good player like granger who could play at the sf postion, it would be a good lineup

PG: Jarret Jack
SG:Austin Rivers or Jeremy Lamb
SF: Danny Granger
PF: Anthony Davis
C: Emeka Okafor

Monta is beast
06-03-2012, 03:51 AM
Ummmm kid, you are quoting the wrong person, I never said "for sure" we will make the playoffs, that was the other dude, we are on the uprise though ;)

I think it's funny how you left PSD for a while (when the Hornets were bad), and the night they won the lottery you jumped back in.

Fair weather fans :facepalm:

Vinny642
06-03-2012, 03:53 AM
I think it's funny how you left PSD for a while (when the Hornets were bad), and the night they won the lottery you jumped back in.

Fair weather fans :facepalm:

Fair weather?!? Lmfao, i've been a Hornet fan the whole season, I was actually gone before that too... never in your life compare me to a fairweather fan. The lottery only gave me a reason to post here again... sorry this site isn't my top priority, but it was a perfect comeback now wasn't it

Monta is beast
06-03-2012, 04:04 AM
Fair weather?!? Lmfao, i've been a Hornet fan the whole season, I was actually gone before that too... never in your life compare me to a fairweather fan. The lottery only gave me a reason to post here again... sorry this site isn't my top priority, but it was a perfect comeback now wasn't it

I'm just saying. Hornets are good, your on PSD, there bad, you don't. They win the lotto you do. To much of a coincidence to me. And if someones first priority is posting on some damn internet sports website they got problems.

Vinny642
06-03-2012, 04:09 AM
I'm just saying. Hornets are good, your on PSD, there bad, you don't. They win the lotto you do. To much of a coincidence to me. And if someones first priority is posting on some damn internet sports website they got problems.
I wasn't on here during the playoffs when we went up against the lakers, or that whole offseason, or the whole season now... and if we didn't win the lottery, i probably wouldn't be back on this site...

but I was on this site when we were bad and didnt make the postseason the season before last

raiderposting
06-03-2012, 04:14 AM
1st-Davis and 10th- Lillard nuff said. you dont pass on lillard just because he isn't a true point guard. westbrook isn't a true point guard either, who cares.

jerryred
06-03-2012, 04:26 AM
there alot of people that would take kendall marshall ahead of Lillard, i think they r crazy, lillard is way better

raiderposting
06-03-2012, 04:34 AM
there alot of people that would take kendall marshall ahead of Lillard, i think they r crazy, lillard is way better

yeah kendall marshall aint ****

Vinny642
06-03-2012, 04:34 AM

One is a scorer first PG and one is a pass first PG,

Lilliard isnt a great passer, but excellent at shooting and/or driving to the rim....

Marshall is a smart passer, and a great passer, but he isn't a scorer or shooter at all

raiderposting
06-03-2012, 04:38 AM
One is a scorer first PG and one is a pass first PG,

Lilliard isnt a great passer, but excellent at shooting and/or driving to the rim....

Marshall is a smart passer, and a great passer, but he isn't a scorer or shooter at all

ill take westbrook over most "PGs" anyday. the league has changed, you don't need a pure point guard. and if lillard is their at 10 you take him over marshall. A core of Lillard/Gordon/Davis will be very young and will have loads of potential.

Vinny642
06-03-2012, 04:52 AM
ill take westbrook over most "PGs" anyday. the league has changed, you don't need a pure point guard. and if lillard is their at 10 you take him over marshall. A core of Lillard/Gordon/Davis will be very young and will have loads of potential.

Yeah im not disputing that, I totally agree, but I was just comparing the two point guards, if Lilliard is their, i want him

nolafan33
06-03-2012, 03:40 PM
if they get one of the two, does that mean they trade Eric Gordan for maybe Danny Granger

No.

jerryred
06-03-2012, 04:13 PM
well i am not a hornets fan , but with the 10 pick i think they should get Austin Rivers

nolafan33
06-03-2012, 05:16 PM
I'd rather Terrence Ross.

RaiderKid318
06-03-2012, 05:39 PM

No we would probably trade him for multiple players if we trade him at all.

raiderposting
06-03-2012, 06:03 PM
I just think

Lillard
Gordon
Ariza
Davis
Kaman

As a starting 5 will be enough for the hornets to get in the playoffs after maybe a year. you Get 3 point shooting from lillard and gordon. Ariza had good perimeter D. Davis' floor is he will be a Good player, his ceiling is he can be just like Tim Duncan. Kaman is a nice Center. Dont take Marshall or over lillard if he's there. Forget the true point guard type if you can get a Westbrook player. And to the person who mentioned Austin Rivers, that would be a horrible pick.

gilly
06-03-2012, 06:16 PM
He is a good player, but why get a player at the same postion with good potential too and let him sit on the bench, while u can go get another good player like granger who could play at the sf postion, it would be a good lineup

PG: Jarret Jack
SG:Austin Rivers or Jeremy Lamb
SF: Danny Granger
PF: Anthony Davis
C: Emeka Okafor

Granger is a NO kid, but they want to get younger. I'd rather build on the base of Davis/Gordon/(Marshall, Lillard?) than try and 'win now'. Granger could be an option when he's a FA if they haven't found a SF, for example.

They really just need to build through the draft. I hope Gordon stays, they draft Marshall and Davis makes a good start but they end up drafting around 8/9 next year so they can get a SF or C. I think Davis could be a C when he bulks out, I'd love to see them get a finesse big like Cody Zeller or McAdoo to complement the defensive minded Davis.

nolafan33
06-03-2012, 08:20 PM
I just think

Lillard
Gordon
Ariza
Davis
Kaman

As a starting 5 will be enough for the hornets to get in the playoffs after maybe a year. you Get 3 point shooting from lillard and gordon. Ariza had good perimeter D. Davis' floor is he will be a Good player, his ceiling is he can be just like Tim Duncan. Kaman is a nice Center. Dont take Marshall or over lillard if he's there. Forget the true point guard type if you can get a Westbrook player. And to the person who mentioned Austin Rivers, that would be a horrible pick.

People are really underrating what a healthy Hornets team could do. Even with our injuries this past year, we were competitive.

If you look at the stats, ppg, we had Eric Gordon, Jarrett Jack, Chris Kaman, Carl Landry, Marco Belinelli, Trevor Ariza, Jason Smith, and Emeka Okafor as our top 8 scorers per game last season. If you drop Ariza from that list, those seven guys missed a combined 212 games. Nearly 55% of all games. And yet, like I said, we were still competitive. We played a LOT of close games, and a lot of games down to the wire. That's something people don't really get, our record indicates we were horribly, but we actually played a lot of teams tough. Of our 45 losses, only three came by 20 points. Again, we played a lot of games close but never had the guy who could close out games for us.

He only played nine games, but when we had Eric Gordon that was different. We went 6-3 with him (one of the losses coming in the game he reinjured his knee) and beat three playoff teams.

So now if you look at resigning Gordon, adding a superb talent like Anthony Davis, and having our young guys get better (we have eight guys working with Monty Williams on a daily basis, that will surely be huge) if we can stay healthy I think we will be in the playoffs. Contending? Obviously not, but I think we could push a team in the first round. Not to mention, think of the defensive potential a front court of Trevor Ariza, Anthony Davis, and Emeka Okafor have. My god.

OT Thriller
06-03-2012, 11:04 PM
Not sure what the lineup will be. What I do know is that there is a 0% chance Kaman returns to the Hornets next year. After how they treated him last year? No way, he's long gone.

Vinny642
06-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Not sure what the lineup will be. What I do know is that there is a 0% chance Kaman returns to the Hornets next year. After how they treated him last year? No way, he's long gone.

We let him play and boost his stats..... which should land him more money then he is really worth

popo85
06-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Ariza to Lakers for the TPE

RaiderKid318
06-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Ariza to Lakers for the TPE

no thanks

popo85
06-03-2012, 11:49 PM
no thanks

Not like its a one sided trade:rolleyes:, deal could benefit both teams

JeffG20
06-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Not like its a one sided trade:rolleyes:, deal could benefit both teams

i dont see why not. not like ariza has any real trade value and Monty was benching him just for the hell of it at the end of the year. he wont be on this team so get what you can.

popo85
06-04-2012, 12:06 AM
i dont see why not. not like ariza has any real trade value and Monty was benching him just for the hell of it at the end of the year. he wont be on this team so get what you can.

I hope yall don't overpay for E.Gordon there's not much young talent this FA but him. Mayo's value sank in the playoffs so team could over pay for E. Gordon.

JeffG20
06-04-2012, 12:10 AM
I hope yall don't overpay for E.Gordon there's not much young talent this FA but him. Mayo's value sank in the playoffs so team could over pay for E. Gordon.

i honestly think we'll match any offer. but i have read some articles that they have concerns about his injuries so it wouldnt shock me if someone got desperate and offered him a max contract and we didnt match

OT Thriller
06-04-2012, 12:55 AM
We let him play and boost his stats..... which should land him more money then he is really worth

For half of the season, the Hornets benched him and told him not to play. Then when the Hornets realized they couldn't trade him, they were forced to play him and he showed everyone up and dominated. He deserves whatever amount of money he gets.

Kaman was completely disrespected last year and did not deserve the treatment he was given by the Hornets. He is 30 and when healthy can be a great center. Any team would be lucky to have him and hopefully he can go somewhere he can actually play regularly and be wanted.

Vinny642
06-04-2012, 02:05 AM
For half of the season, the Hornets benched him and told him not to play. Then when the Hornets realized they couldn't trade him, they were forced to play him and he showed everyone up and dominated. He deserves whatever amount of money he gets.

Kaman was completely disrespected last year and did not deserve the treatment he was given by the Hornets. He is 30 and when healthy can be a great center. Any team would be lucky to have him and hopefully he can go somewhere he can actually play regularly and be wanted.

Ummm we did that like 5 games before the trade deadline to find a team that would fit with him.... it didnt happen so we kept him

sharqstealth
06-04-2012, 03:21 AM
Resign Eric Gordon, sign FA's Goran Dragic and OJ Mayo, draft Anthony Davis and Perry Jones, and your team would look like this:

PG-Goran Dragic
SG-Eric Gordon
SF-Perry Jones
PF-Anthony Davis
C-Emeka Okafor
6th man-Oj Mayo

Give this team 3 years to develop and they'll have the potential to be like the OKC Thunder.

Vinny642
06-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Resign Eric Gordon, sign FA's Goran Dragic and OJ Mayo, draft Anthony Davis and Perry Jones, and your team would look like this:

PG-Goran Dragic
SG-Eric Gordon
SF-Perry Jones
PF-Anthony Davis
C-Emeka Okafor
6th man-Oj Mayo

Give this team 3 years to develop and they'll have the potential to be like the OKC Thunder.

Also we got Aminu, Ayon, Vasquez, Smith, and Henry too

sharqstealth
06-05-2012, 04:29 AM
But 1 thing that concerns me is the development of Anthony Davis if Eric Gordon is with the team. I'm sure Gordon is going to demand more of the ball and this could hamper Davis' development and whoever they will pick at the 10th... I think it would be better for the Hornets to trade Eric Gordon to Indiana for Paul George, he is a stud in the making...

nolafan33
06-05-2012, 08:17 AM

People don't get that he wasn't literally "sent home.". He just didn't go on the road trip with the team, he stayed in NOLA and worked out at the Alario Center on a daily basis.

Vinny642
06-06-2012, 06:10 AM
But 1 thing that concerns me is the development of Anthony Davis if Eric Gordon is with the team. I'm sure Gordon is going to demand more of the ball and this could hamper Davis' development and whoever they will pick at the 10th... I think it would be better for the Hornets to trade Eric Gordon to Indiana for Paul George, he is a stud in the making...

I'd love Paul George for Gordon anyday, especially whith Davis on the way, but I doubt that would happen.

nolafan33
06-06-2012, 11:16 AM
George is overrated.

rockbottom2010
06-06-2012, 11:36 AM
The 8th, Davis, Calderon and pick for Eric Gordon.

1st- Davis
2nd- Robinson
3rd- MKG
4th- Beal
5th- Barnes
6th- Drummond
7th- Sullinger
8th- PJ3
9th- Zeller
10th-Lamb

C-Okafor, Ayon
PF-A.Davis (1st), E.Davis
SF-P.Jones (8th), Aminu
SG-Lamb (10th), Henry
PG-Calderon, Jack

are you on drugs again?

kingjaymes23
06-06-2012, 01:52 PM
they have enough money for a max contract
the #1 pick and the #10 pick
they could be a threat in the west for sure

PG: Grevis, Jack
SG: Gordon, Henry
SF: Aminu, Ariza

do they go pg? or c?

can they trade Okafor?
or do they amnesty him?

They could be a threat? Yeah maybe in like 3 years. Even if they go with:
Lillard/Marshall
Gordon
Aminu
Davis
Okafor
That is not a lineup that is going to really scare anybody. I doubt that they get a top free agent to sign with them considering the other teams with better situations and just as much cap room. You really are over estimating this team. Plus I am sure that whoever tries to sign Gordon is going to make it a "posion pill" contract where they screw the team over that has to resign him. Gordon is going to get a huge contract offer from someone, giving the Hornets less cap room to work with