PDA

View Full Version : When Dwight Howard leaves, the Magic will get the number 1 pick next year

SpaceJamJordans
05-31-2012, 12:21 AM
I called it first. Who's with me?

Hoopsadvocate
05-31-2012, 12:22 AM
no u didnt i called it first. What do i win a cool thread too?

black1605
05-31-2012, 12:23 AM
Assuming they don't make the playoffs?

Gram
You didn't call it first. That's what all the clowns on here who think the lottery is rigged called already.

SpaceJamJordans
no u didnt i called it first. What do i win a cool thread too?

yes

flatbush knicks
05-31-2012, 12:26 AM
i don't think so i say the nets get the number 1 pick next year when dwill leaves only because the magic want to stay competitive i think their old ***** owner would have a heart attack if they sucked that much

LA_Raiders
05-31-2012, 12:34 AM
Book It... Or the Nets, because they are losing DWill...

Ryan328
05-31-2012, 12:37 AM
Most likely

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2012, 12:40 AM
Say they don't win, what happens then?

Will you people just alter your predictions to save face?

Monta is beast
05-31-2012, 12:45 AM
lol

b@llhog24
05-31-2012, 12:47 AM
Wanna tell me them lotto numbers for tomorrow bro?

BigCityofDreams
05-31-2012, 12:49 AM
Say they don't win, what happens then?

Will you people just alter your predictions to save face?

If they don't win they don't win. He might have egg on face but nothing is on the line unless he bets with someone. If he's wrong he'll just own up to it.

blystr2002
05-31-2012, 12:52 AM
Since the nba went to the lottery in 1985 only 3 teams with worst record and 4 teams with second worst record have actually won the lottery. So, even if they are the worse it means nothing.

Dade County
05-31-2012, 12:53 AM
I called it first. Who's with me?

if they don't get good players coming back from a Howard trade, then YES I am with you.

This league and the player are corrupt!

NBA = Entertainment.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2012, 12:59 AM
If they don't win they don't win. He might have egg on face but nothing is on the line unless he bets with someone. If he's wrong he'll just own up to it.

You think so? Because if the Magic don't win, he's likely still going to find a way to say that the lottery is fixed. Just like how so many people out find scratch and claw their way to make claims that the NBA is rigged despite them being wrong a couple of times when it comes to predictions.

Many claimed it was rigged the Knicks won the lottery in 1985. I can assure you they were wrong at least once when it comes to predicting future winners. Yet I can assume most probably stayed with their opinion that the lottery is rigged and predictable despite them being wrong with their predictions.

SpaceJamJordans
05-31-2012, 01:19 AM
You think so? Because if the Magic don't win, he's likely still going to find a way to say that the lottery is fixed. Just like how so many people out find scratch and claw their way to make claims that the NBA is rigged despite them being wrong a couple of times when it comes to predictions.

Many claimed it was rigged the Knicks won the lottery in 1985. I can assure you they were wrong at least once when it comes to predicting future winners. Yet I can assume most probably stayed with their opinion that the lottery is rigged and predictable despite them being wrong with their predictions.

Well I'm not gonna force it and shove it in someone's face that it's rigged. But come on man. Chris Paul arguably the best point guard in the league leaves the team and the Hornets get rewarded with the number 1 pick. Same with LeBron and the Cavs last year. I don't even understand why there are rules placed on the lottery. It should be whoever has the worst record gets the first pick so nothing is suspicious about it

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2012, 01:26 AM
Well I'm not gonna force it and shove it in someone's face that it's rigged. But come on man. Chris Paul arguably the best point guard in the league leaves the team and the Hornets get rewarded with the number 1 pick. Same with LeBron and the Cavs last year. I don't even understand why there are rules placed on the lottery. It should be whoever has the worst record gets the first pick so nothing is suspicious about it

I'm not saying it's not suspicious. But I mean if someone makes a prediction saying it's obvious X team will win and then they end up being wrong, they'll just do the EXACT same thing the year after and say it's rigged.

Also, they already had it where the worst team gets the worst pick. And tanking because a big problem. Back then, there was less teams so more stars to go around. Imagine the tanking that would happen now that stars are all teaming up meaning less stars to go around.

mightymouse407
05-31-2012, 01:49 AM
the magic want to stay competitive i think their old ***** owner would have a heart attack if they sucked that much

lmao hey man get off my teams owner when your 85yrs old and wanna win a championship you dont have time to rebuild

JordansBulls
05-31-2012, 08:58 AM
I wouldn't doubt it.

Iron24th
05-31-2012, 09:36 AM
So,toronto got raped?

RLundi
05-31-2012, 09:43 AM
:rolleyes:

valade16
05-31-2012, 10:13 AM

In the same way that he will always think the Lottery is fixed you will always think it isn't. You are essentially asking him for a burden of proof that you yourself wouldn't believe as well. Suppose he accurately predicted the next 10 Lottery winners year after year. You still wouldn't think the Lottery is fixed, so it's a little like the pot calling the kettle black in saying he is incapable of changing his opinion.

A second fallacy with your argument is assuming that because someone thinks/knows the Lottery is rigged means they know exactly how it's rigged. There was a financial advisor who told everyone who would listen that Bernie Madoff was a fraud yet no one believed him because he couldn't delineate exactly where the money went. Just because the guy didn't know the exact details didn't mean he wasn't right.

Weezy
05-31-2012, 10:19 AM
Shabazzzzzzz an Orlando Magic FTW!

pacofunk64
05-31-2012, 10:35 AM
You are making a great assumption based on the fact that Orlando will likely suck thus giving them a greater chance of winning the lottery. So it is a very good possibility.