PDA

View Full Version : Guessing game!?!?!

JaysFan87
05-30-2012, 10:19 PM
Mike Wilner ‏@Wilnerness590

#Bluejays option Aaron Laffey to Las Vegas; reciprocal move to be announced before Friday's game. #jays

Its going ot be a position player and it cant be Thames or Gomes cuz it hasnt been 10 days since they got demoted.

My guess is that its Vladdy.

Everyone should guess and the winner gets a whole lot of nothing. :D

2009mvp
05-30-2012, 10:30 PM
Seems premature for Vlad or Lind, and I don't think Hech makes sense here. Any word on Francisco, couldn't they be activating him?

Edit: Nvm, he's not close to being eligible to return. I'm stumped.

craigerlee
05-30-2012, 10:40 PM
Seems premature for Vlad or Lind, and I don't think Hech makes sense here. Any word on Francisco, couldn't they be activating him?

Edit: Nvm, he's not close to being eligible to return. I'm stumped.

I think its gotta be Vlad, cause Sierra would be the only other guy that really makes sense, and he just isn't very good at all. Vlad and Cooper DH platoon might be alright.

North Yorker
05-30-2012, 10:50 PM
Snider not back to pre-injury form?

JaysFan87
05-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Snider not back to pre-injury form?

dl

Toxeryll
05-30-2012, 10:55 PM
Vlad.

TO Rapz
05-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Vlad, please. :pray:

Johann
05-30-2012, 11:05 PM
Did Vlad just not get in high A?

Dol-Fan
05-30-2012, 11:08 PM
Pretty sure AA mentioned that Vlad will see either AA or AAA before coming to the majors, depending on what they think is best for him (AA for harder throwers to get up to speed, AAA for more crafty pitchers).

Vlad probably makes the most sense, but based on what AA has already said, that seems unlikely. Better not be Lind back (and I doubt it is, if they plan on bringing up Vlad shortly). Hech doesn't make much sense with McCoy up. Sierra isn't that good but I could see them giving him a shot. TdA doesn't really make sense since it doesn't seem to me this is a long-term call-up with both Snider and Vlad likely to have the spots of "this guy" and Cooper in the near future, unless he actually takes the spot that McCoy currently occupies.

Johnson, Esco, Bautista, EE, Rasmus, Lawrie, Snider, Vlad, TdA/JPA
Bench - TdA/JPA, Mathis, Vizquel, Davis

henderson56
05-30-2012, 11:23 PM
I think it will be Lind its been 10 days which is kinda how long they wanted him down there, I think we could also see Hech or Serria as well, I don't think in will be TDA because no point if he's going to be on the bench.

Toxeryll
05-30-2012, 11:23 PM
**** lind..

ya, changing my guess to sierra. i figure we need an extra outfielder

mtf
05-30-2012, 11:24 PM
Sounded like Jon Paul Morosi was predicting Adeiny Hechavarria gets the call following the Aaron Laffey demotion. It appears like Hechavarria is not in the line-up tonight for the 51s. The Blue Jays also sorted out his visa situation.

JaysFan87
05-30-2012, 11:26 PM
^^doesnt make sense to bring up hech without none of escobar/johnson on the dl.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-30-2012, 11:27 PM
Is Snider still hurt? If it's not him, probably Vlad.

JMac4PM
05-30-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm guessing Hech...

bomber0104
05-30-2012, 11:37 PM
think its gonna be hech with KJ going on the DL...

his hamstring injury isn't gonna get any better if he keeps playing and he sure didn't look good playing the field and running the bases

Toxeryll
05-30-2012, 11:39 PM
^^doesnt make sense to bring up hech without none of escobar/johnson on the dl.

agree. he wont be called up to be a bench player. and besides, didnt AA said he prefers the good specs to debut on the road

Is Snider still hurt? If it's not him, probably Vlad.

snider had another setback so its very unlikely. I dunno about Vlad though

henderson56
05-30-2012, 11:40 PM

his hamstring injury isn't gonna get any better if he keeps playing and he sure didn't look good playing the field and running the bases

Then we will still have to make another move, but I agree that's a very realistic situation.

JaysFan87
05-30-2012, 11:42 PM

they would have put him on the DL today if that was they case. i know you can retroactive the Dl but then you still need to make another move if thats the case. And if its hech then it makes no sense to keep mccoy up to.

Tmath
05-30-2012, 11:44 PM
Hech & Sierra

McCoy back to Vegas

The_Jet11
05-31-2012, 04:29 AM
I'm a little afraid of the thought that it might be D'arnaud or Gose... both are playing exceptionally well right now, and you can make a case that they deserve a shot, but I'm weary of rushing them. (especially Gose)

As long as the wins keep coming, I don't really object to the roster shuffling that AA has been doing lately. But please don't cripple a kids development by bringing him up too soon. I wish Snider were fully healthy and it was his chance to play full time in the show again, but we'll have to wait for that.

The thought of a roster next season including Gose, D'Arnaud, Snider, Hech and Gomes intrigues me. (even if we lose KJ and EE, we'll be young and exciting - did a little tinkering too..)

CF Gose L
SS Escobar R
3B Lawrie R
1B Bautista R
RF Rasmus L
C D'Arnaud R
DH Arencibia R (split starts at C/DH -working with certain SPs)
LF Snider L
2B Hechavarria R

Bench
C/1B/3B Gomes R
1B/DH/LF Lind L
OF Davis R
Vet SS/2B or Diaz R

AAA Thames, Cooper, Sierra, McDade, Goins.

Lacks some thump, and I know there will be moves that change things, but the defense would be air-tight. lost of speed and athleticism, along with gobs of potential. We're moving in the right direction with this many top prospects advancing closer to the major-leagues!

mtf
05-31-2012, 04:54 AM
The_Jet11, without you, we wouldn't know the endless possibilities of potential line-ups! :P Thanks for posting 4-5 hypothetical line-ups each day. :)

Toxeryll
05-31-2012, 05:09 AM
The_Jet11, without you, we wouldn't know the endless possibilities of potential line-ups! :P Thanks for posting 4-5 hypothetical line-ups each day. :)

lol

craigerlee
05-31-2012, 06:57 AM
they would have put him on the DL today if that was they case. i know you can retroactive the Dl but then you still need to make another move if thats the case. And if its hech then it makes no sense to keep mccoy up to.

Mccoy plays the OF as well, and considering we only have 3 guys that can actually play the OF right now, it would still make sense to keep Mccoy up even with Hech.

StayOnBoard
05-31-2012, 08:11 AM
As long as it's not Adam Lind.... that'd be awful.

My guess is Vlad - tomorrow is June 1st which is around the time most thought he'd get the call-up.

bartron_44
05-31-2012, 09:01 AM
My guess is Hech with Johnson heading to the DL too. I wouldn't be surprised if Lind was recalled to replace Laffey either though. He has 17 hits,13 RBI's and an OPS over 1.100 in 11 games in Vegas.

Visquel has been playing well going 7 for 16 over the past 4 games, so we aren't lacking anything with him in there right now.

It will be interesting as I haven't understood half of our roster moves this month...

alistar
05-31-2012, 10:22 AM
My guess is Hech with Johnson heading to the DL too. I wouldn't be surprised if Lind was recalled to replace Laffey either though. He has 17 hits,13 RBI's and an OPS over 1.100 in 11 games in Vegas.

Visquel has been playing well going 7 for 16 over the past 4 games, so we aren't lacking anything with him in there right now.

It will be interesting as I haven't understood half of our roster moves this month...

Lind sure as hell isn't coming back up this quickly. You can show all the PCL stats you want, you don't fix 2 years of batting mechanics in less than 2 weeks.

jon32
05-31-2012, 10:49 AM
If its Hech........Omar at 2nd with Hech at SS for a couple games and sexy dps all ****in day baby. Bats would suck but man itd be fun to watch for a couple games

LuckyLuke2
05-31-2012, 11:10 AM
It's gonna be Hech. Johnson doesn't seem to be getting any better. I think that it'll be him. Why would it be Vlad? They already said he's gonna play in AA first or AAA before getting called up.

Maybe it's Lind though. My guess is Lind or Hech.

LuckyLuke2
05-31-2012, 11:10 AM
Also, Hech has sat the last two games in AAA. He sat last night too. He isn't hurt why would he sit back to back nights? It's Hech.

heusy_79
05-31-2012, 11:12 AM
Travis d'Arnaud will be the guy. He will DH on Saturday against the lefty Doubront, who I believe d'Arnaud would have seen in the Eastern League. I could then see him making his debut behind the plate for Hutchison on Sunday, as their should be some familiarity there from NH. Td'A is ready for his shot and I think it's time to get his bat in the lineup, and mix in some catching duties. Mathis can be dealt and should hold some value to a team needing a defensive back up or short term starter. The organization traded for another C in Paul Phillips a week ago today so the 51s are carrying 3.

In summary, I think it's Td'A time.

LuckyLuke2
05-31-2012, 11:12 AM
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi:

"It would not surprise me if Adeiny Hechavarria joins the #BlueJays very soon."

I rest my case.

AA09-?
05-31-2012, 11:52 AM
Most likely Hech, hopefully not Lind. I think it's too early to bring TDA up, but you never know.

wagnall
05-31-2012, 12:02 PM
If neither Esc. or Johnson are on the DL, why do we need a to bring Hech up, when we already have Vizquel and McCoy to sub.

alistar
05-31-2012, 12:16 PM
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi:

I rest my case.

Jon Morosi also thought the Jays would sign Prince Fielder. How's that one going?

MrForever
05-31-2012, 12:24 PM
It makes sense to bring up hech now considering kj and Escobar are both apparently hurt. He's got confidence right now, so give him a shot. Davis belongs in LF right now so it probably won't be an OF.

LuckyLuke2
05-31-2012, 01:03 PM
Jon Morosi also thought the Jays would sign Prince Fielder. How's that one going?

What does that have anything to do with this?
A lot of people thought the Jays had a chance with Fielder... That's like anybody doing their job.

Stupid thing to say and compare it too.

Toxeryll
05-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Travis d'Arnaud will be the guy. He will DH on Saturday against the lefty Doubront, who I believe d'Arnaud would have seen in the Eastern League. I could then see him making his debut behind the plate for Hutchison on Sunday, as their should be some familiarity there from NH. Td'A is ready for his shot and I think it's time to get his bat in the lineup, and mix in some catching duties. Mathis can be dealt and should hold some value to a team needing a defensive back up or short term starter. The organization traded for another C in Paul Phillips a week ago today so the 51s are carrying 3.

In summary, I think it's Td'A time.

only way he gets the call IMO is if we're trading JPA.

mtf
05-31-2012, 01:43 PM
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi:

I rest my case.

That case had been rested by me on page 1. Get your own scoops, jerk! :(

nithanyo
05-31-2012, 01:47 PM
Hope its Lind. Get rid of Cooper.

mtf
05-31-2012, 01:49 PM

Oh, you. :punish:

Dol-Fan
05-31-2012, 01:49 PM

Cooper has been better than Lind was...

LuckyLuke2
05-31-2012, 02:03 PM
That case had been rested by me on page 1. Get your own scoops, jerk! :(

Haha sorry.

riderfan60
05-31-2012, 02:28 PM

Yes much better to have Lind's .186 ave., .586 OPS vs Coopers .333 ave., .745 OPS.

Welcome back Adam!

Krylian
05-31-2012, 02:29 PM
Pretty sure he was joking about bring Lind back.

...if not though, it deserves a perma-ban.

miller74
05-31-2012, 03:52 PM
A lot of people thought the Jays had a chance with Fielder... That's like anybody doing their job.

Hes simply saying this guy isnt always right, and hes opinion isnt the be all end all.

Bringing up Hech when Johnson and Escobar are playing makes ZERO sense, unless KJ is the new LF

MrForever
05-31-2012, 04:03 PM

Cooper has been one of the best hitters on the team since he got called up. He deserves to stay.

Kenny Powders
05-31-2012, 04:11 PM

:puke:

Thankfully I think Lind's ship has sailed.

Check that, I want him back up here so the people who support him can see how much he still stinks.

AA09-?
05-31-2012, 04:34 PM
:puke:

Thankfully I think Lind's ship has sailed.

Check that, I want him back up here so the people who support him can see how much he still stinks.

Haven't seen Cooshman around for a while. Wonder why.:D

craigerlee
05-31-2012, 04:43 PM
Jays outright Lind to Vegas, promote RH reliever Robert Coello for Friday's game. Coello is 3-1, 3.22 at LV.
-John Lott

So that's probably the most dissapointing roster move ever. 8 man bullpens are just stupid, especially coming off an offday. However does prove the rumors true that Lind passed through waivers.

bomber0104
05-31-2012, 04:56 PM
Coello???

are they ****ing serious? if ur gonna call a reliever why not carreno or Beck.. they must be expecting an *** whooping from the red sox

North Yorker
05-31-2012, 05:01 PM
He throws a forkball!!

Im sold.

craigerlee
05-31-2012, 05:07 PM
Coello???

are they ****ing serious? if ur gonna call a reliever why not carreno or Beck.. they must be expecting an *** whooping from the red sox

Beck wasn't an option he hasn't been down 10 days yet.

Dol-Fan
05-31-2012, 05:07 PM
Well that was anticlimactic :laugh2:

hooray for forkballs!

2009mvp
05-31-2012, 06:17 PM
What's with all the shuffling? I get wanting the extra arm after the Texas series, but what was so hard about picking one or two guys and sticking with em? Not a big deal, it's just weird to see not one but two guys get called up and sent down without throwing a pitch in a span of a few days.

JaysFan87
05-31-2012, 06:18 PM
welp thats decided

Raps08-09 Champ
06-01-2012, 06:47 AM
Ew.

alistar
06-01-2012, 08:31 AM

Hes simply saying this guy isnt always right, and hes opinion isnt the be all end all.

Bringing up Hech when Johnson and Escobar are playing makes ZERO sense, unless KJ is the new LF

What this poster said. So it isn't as stupid as you thought since he didn't get the call up.

mtf
06-01-2012, 08:56 AM

Morosi has also speculated that Escobar could be used as trade bait to try to acquire pitching prospects. In that possible scenario, Hechavarria could get the call to play at short. Keyword is "speculate" though. Discussion isn't harmful.

wamco
06-01-2012, 09:04 AM
cue the idiotic "i'm sure glad ur not da gm, lol"

mtf
06-01-2012, 09:15 AM
cue the idiotic "i'm sure glad ur not da gm, lol"

Yeah, people are pretty aggressive when confronted with innocuous idle conversation.