PDA

View Full Version : KG a Laker?

BcEuAbRsS
05-30-2012, 12:19 PM
I have no link or anything like that since I heard it on the radio... But it was suggested that possibly KG would play in LA for the min since he had made over 290 million in his career... That would make moving Gasol a certainty for either a PG or a SF...

It's just a thought, but that is an absolute amazing situation for LA if it was to happen...

xbrackattackx
05-30-2012, 12:22 PM
Maybe Garnett could light a fire under Bynums ***. I hate KG with a passion however.

Gibby23
05-30-2012, 12:23 PM
He won't take the min, he is playing at a high level. I would Love KG in a S&T with Rondo for Bynum.

Gibby23
05-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Kevin Garnett is currently the fourth-highest salary earner in the NBA, but he’ll be a free agent after the season and likely to sign for far less than the $21.2 million he’s making. There have been reports that the Nets will be interested in signing him, and it’s possible he and the Lakers could come to an agreement.

During an interview with Mark Willard on 710 ESPN Radio in LA over the weekend, Stephen A. Smith discussed the possibility of KG signing with the Lakers and said that’s something the team should explore.

Smith pointed out that Garnett lives in Southern California in the offseason and that he’s friends with Kobe Bryant, so he believes it’s a possibility, especially if Pau Gasol is gone.

Strengthening the speculation is Garnett’s admission last year that he was pretty close to signing with the Lakers as a free agent in 2007.

Smith also says the Lakers would consider bringing back Lamar Odom. He says Odom “desperately” wants back with the Lakers, and that Mike Brown desperately wants him too. Smith says Odom would take the veteran minimum to return to the Lakers.

There were some other good nuggets in the interview such as the confirmation that Dwight Howard doesn’t want to come to Lakers, and the belief that Deron Williams will strongly consider remaining with the Nets.

KG is still an asset and will be able to help a team for at least another season, so it would make sense for the Lakers to be interested. I just know that wouldn’t sit well with Boston fans if he left to go play for the enemy, but it’s not like they haven’t seen that before.

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/kevin-garnett-signing-lakers/138445

celtNYpatsHeels
05-30-2012, 12:24 PM
I have hear this too, that he'd consider playing in LA because he has a house there...

but it never specified the LAKERS.... he could consider that other LA team that made some strides this year...

If Garnett doesnt retire I think he will return to Boston for a year or two. It may be my homerism and bias, but I think he likes playing here and for Doc and with Rondo/Pierce.

Cfrey
05-30-2012, 12:34 PM
so 21 million this year to the minimum next year? lol i dont think so

Bravo95
05-30-2012, 12:36 PM
OKC could use him also.

Giannis94
05-30-2012, 12:36 PM
Trade Gasol to a sorry team (ala the bucks. Why? They suck, I am a fan this isn't baiting) for a lottery pick and someone like Bjenn or Monta. That looks fair to me. Does it make sense for the Bucks? Hell no. But that is a move that Hammond would make because he probably thinks that Monta and Pau could do good together. A 3rd team would also need to be involved to send the Bucks a pg....

Free up some cap and sign Kg

Corey
05-30-2012, 12:37 PM
Please include a source when you start threads like this.

Otherwise, just put it in the team forum.