PDA

View Full Version : Heat-Spurs would be one of the best Finals historically

Wade>You
05-30-2012, 12:47 AM
Agreed? So many legacies on the line.

This is the year that LeBron hopes to add to the first of many championships and the Spurs look unstoppable.

The Spurs are looking to cement their legacy among the all-time greatest teams to ever play.

Spoestra would have that monkey lifted off his shoulder and prove himself as one of the best if he could top the legend, Gregg Popovich.

greg_ory_2005
05-30-2012, 12:51 AM
The finals will definitely be great. No matter who the two teams facing off are.

davids22
05-30-2012, 12:52 AM
Agreed 100%. The amount on the line for each team is huge, especially the Heat. Do the Spurs (Duncan, Manu, Parker and Pop) all add to their legacy? Or do the Heat (Lebron and Wade) begin theirs?

davids22
05-30-2012, 12:54 AM
To be honest though, you could say the same about all the possible series.

Heat/Spurs: Heat trying to begin a legacy, Spurs trying to add to theirs

Heat/Thunder: Two young team with plenty of stars trying to begin their legacies.

Celtics/Spurs: Two old teams with lot of savvy verterans trying to get one last ring

Celtics/Thunder: Experience versus youth. Can Celtics big 3 get one more ring before retirement? Will the Thunder start a dynasty with its core?

DaSeba5
05-30-2012, 12:55 AM
To be honest though, you could say the same about all the possible series.

Heat/Spurs: Heat trying to begin a legacy, Spurs trying to add to theirs

Heat/Thunder: Two young team with plenty of stars trying to begin their legacies.

Celtics/Spurs: Two old teams with lot of savvy verterans trying to get one last ring

Celtics/Thunder: Experience versus youth. Can Celtics big 3 get one more ring before retirement? Will the Thunder start a dynasty with its core?

It's a great final 4. Too bad Boston isn't healthy though.

Toxeryll
05-30-2012, 12:56 AM
if this happens, spurs will sweep

Bruno
05-30-2012, 12:58 AM
The Spurs are looking to cement their legacy among the all-time greatest teams to ever play.
they already have.

Spoestra would have that monkey lifted off his shoulder and prove himself as one of the best if he could top the legend, Gregg Popovich.
nobody outside of miami gives a damn about the Erik Spoelstra story line.

rhino17
05-30-2012, 01:00 AM
I'd prefer if Miami didn't make it, just because they are one of the most boring teams I've ever had the misfortune of watching.

DaSeba5
05-30-2012, 01:00 AM
I'd prefer if Miami didn't make it, just because they are one of the most boring teams I've ever had the misfortune of watching.

:eyebrow:

rickshaw
05-30-2012, 01:11 AM

http://thoughtsofaplatypus.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/zoolander-mugatu-crazy-pills.jpg

kozelkid
05-30-2012, 01:15 AM
No. Without Bosh, Miami doesn't stand a chance against SA. With Bosh, maybe they can make it a little competitive, but honestly, with or without Bosh, I just can't see the series going beyond 5. Call me crazy or unrealistic, but that's just how I see it and after watching SA destroy OKC tonight, I'm convinced. Keep in mind, OKC's "big 3" all had big games. Miami just doesn't have enough firepower after their big 3 to stand a chance (and Duncan had a bad game to boot).

This is San Antonio's year.

Teeboy1487
05-30-2012, 01:15 AM
The Heat vs the Lakers would have been the best for me. Too bad the Lakers ran into the Thunder. Honestly, I prefer Thunder vs Heat for the NBA finals. Durant vs Lebron in a series would be must see TV. For some reason, if the Spurs win the west, I would rather see them versus Boston strictly alone for the coaching matchup of Pop and Rivers. Also, Rondo versus Parker and the rivalry of Duncan vs. Garnett. JMO.

As for the series you mention op, I would not tune in that much for that series if it panned out. I would be so indifferent to that matchup.

LA_Raiders
05-30-2012, 01:23 AM
it is not over yet... OKC will win both at home... Celts are winning tomorrow...

BostonMafia
05-30-2012, 01:25 AM
More like that's what u hope happens. ^

QueensG
05-30-2012, 01:27 AM
Idk why but I see the Celtics beating the heat in 7..everyone seems to count them out

davids22
05-30-2012, 01:33 AM
Honestly, I prefer Thunder vs Heat for the NBA finals. Durant vs Lebron in a series would be must see TV. For some reason, if the Spurs win the west, I would rather see them versus Boston strictly alone for the coaching matchup of Pop and Rivers. Also, Rondo versus Parker and the rivalry of Duncan vs. Garnett.

I thought the same thing. The Thunder and Heat are two of the same styles of team and would be thrilling to watch. Same with the Spurs and Celtics as they are more of a halfcourt team and have some old guys on their squads.

NiNerRider415
05-30-2012, 01:39 AM
It would be extremely interesting to see if LeBron can get "vengeance" against the Spurs for how his team got handled 5 years ago kinda like how the Mavs got their payback against the Heat last year for '06.

The circumstances are very different but it would be interesting, nonetheless.

Master Mind
05-30-2012, 01:41 AM
No. Without Bosh, Miami doesn't stand a chance against SA. With Bosh, maybe they can make it a little competitive, but honestly, with or without Bosh, I just can't see the series going beyond 5. Call me crazy or unrealistic, but that's just how I see it and after watching SA destroy OKC tonight, I'm convinced. Keep in mind, OKC's "big 3" all had big games. Miami just doesn't have enough firepower after their big 3 to stand a chance (and Duncan had a bad game to boot).

Defensively? Can't compare to Miami

latinofire21
05-30-2012, 01:49 AM
Idk why but I see the Celtics beating the heat in 7..everyone seems to count them out

I think many people believe the Celtics are going to win this series. As a Knick fan I despise both teams with my whole heart but if I had to put money on this series I would gamble on the Celtics. KG is going to be a serious problem for the Heat and Lebron is going to have to decide to guard either Pierce or KG. Celtics were sleep walking in game 1 and it was still competitive. I dont think the Heat have enough to take the Celtics out.

If the bench for the Heat can do what they did in game 1 for the remainder of the playoffs the Heat win the title but that bench is probably the most inconsistent of all the remaining teams left in the playoffs.

Davidgta1
05-30-2012, 02:25 AM
Heat vs thunder would be sum great matchups. I would love to see wade guard Westbrook or James guard em.

THE GIPPER
05-30-2012, 02:27 AM
it is not over yet... OKC will win both at home... Celts are winning tomorrow...

Oh wow thanks for telling us I guess I dont need to watch tomorrow. Heck, they shouldn't even play the game! Its already a forgone conclusion!

John Walls Era
05-30-2012, 02:30 AM
I wanna pick the Heat, but the Spurs are just too good. They have 2k-Video Game offense. Have a post player, have 2 guys who can iso and score, and then all their other players are 3 point shooters. The only way the Heat can win is if the Spurs are cold or Lebron and Wade keep this hot streak going.

shizzle09
05-30-2012, 03:22 AM

:facepalm:

rhino17
05-30-2012, 04:58 AM

2 guys playing one on one offense for the entire game? No thanks. Lebron and Wade are horribly painful to watch. Nothing but driving to the basket, initiating contact, getting free throws, or a layup (not to mention Lebron travels 90% of the time he dribbles). Not exactly my idea of exciting. I would much rather watch either San Antonio or Oklahoma City, way more interesting and complex offenses.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-30-2012, 05:13 AM
It could be, but using Spo as 1 of the reasons is the wrong way to go.

justinnum1
05-30-2012, 07:11 AM
Miami would be underdogs, which is a scary thought, even tho there would be pressure on them, there wouldnt be as much if the spurs were expected to win.

justinnum1
05-30-2012, 07:12 AM
2 guys playing one on one offense for the entire game? No thanks. Lebron and Wade are horribly painful to watch. Nothing but driving to the basket, initiating contact, getting free throws, or a layup (not to mention Lebron travels 90% of the time he dribbles). Not exactly my idea of exciting. I would much rather watch either San Antonio or Oklahoma City, way more interesting and complex offenses.

tcav701
05-30-2012, 07:36 AM
It would be soemthing special to see the Spurs go 16-0.

Doubt it will happen but the Spurs will only lose AT MOST 3 games the rest of the way. I actually see them winning the next 2 series in 5.

They are just putting on a clinic right now and Brooks and Spo would simply get outclassed by Pop. And even though I am a Celtic fan, there are only 3 teams left in the playoffs in my eyes lol.

Green_Monster
05-30-2012, 07:45 AM

This. No one is beating the Spurs.

MagicHero3
05-30-2012, 07:58 AM
historically... no. this whole season has an asterisk bc of the lockout, no practices, no preseason, all the damn injuries.... It would be a fun one to watch though.

BALLER R
05-30-2012, 08:00 AM
If the thunder lose game 3 they will get swept. Honestly how do you beat the spurs right now. They have won 32 of their last 34 games or something like that. When was the last time we saw a team this dominate?

BALLER R
05-30-2012, 08:03 AM
The spurs storyline is better remember they lost in the first round last year. Everyone was saying that dynasty was done. No one expected them to be here. Also the spurs are winning games and it isn't because of their stars.

king4day
05-30-2012, 08:04 AM
I think the WCF is the finals. Miami may take a game from the Spurs but I think it'll be more lopsided than people will admit.

BALLER R
05-30-2012, 08:08 AM
2 man teams can't beat the spurs. Miami's role players would need to have good games but their too inconsistent. So I can't see lebron and wade beating the spurs by themselves.

quade36
05-30-2012, 08:14 AM
Its not even close to be one of the best finals ever. The WCF is better than the NBA finals will be.

SportsAndrew25
05-30-2012, 08:29 AM
There is no way the Heat are going to beat the Spurs with the way the Spurs are playing. They are eating the Thunder alive and taking advantage of their mistakes. If Lebron and the Heat make any mistakes, the Spurs will take full advantage of them and kill them.

Yunqn
05-30-2012, 08:33 AM
No it wouldnt..

This thinking is really about how impressive it would be if your heat beat a team that is on a tear and how dominate tey are right now and how much history they have and how its the heats biggest challenge, and how great it would be personally for lebron to grt his first ring and to do it against a team thats rolling ..your case for the spurs are about one sentence.. We all know who you truly want to win..

For the spurs at this point .. If they sweep okc(no jinx) or even get past them and sweep or nearly sweep a team like miami it would be one of the best runs in all of basketball and the best run the spurs have ever had in there rein

justinnum1
05-30-2012, 08:59 AM

I think many people believe the Celtics are going to win this series. As a Knick fan I despise both teams with my whole heart but if I had to put money on this series I would gamble on the Celtics. KG is going to be a serious problem for the Heat and Lebron is going to have to decide to guard either Pierce or KG. Celtics were sleep walking in game 1 and it was still competitive. I dont think the Heat have enough to take the Celtics out.

If the bench for the Heat can do what they did in game 1 for the remainder of the playoffs the Heat win the title but that bench is probably the most inconsistent of all the remaining teams left in the playoffs.
Lol. Heat won playing just as bad as Boston did

ewing
05-30-2012, 09:12 AM
Yes, anything involving LeBron and D Wade is the greatest, biggest, and most historic ever :facepalm:

69centers
05-30-2012, 09:17 AM
Most matchups of the final 4 teams will be a good one.

OKC vs. Heat - Lebron vs. Durant
Spurs vs. Celtics - Tim looking for his 5th vs. the team that almost had him
Spurs vs. Heat - as the OP already noted

OKC vs. Celtics - young vs. old - probably be the least interesting to the entire NBA fan base out of the 4 potential matchups

NBAfan4life
05-30-2012, 09:22 AM
I honestly don't like watching the spurs and I don't fully understand why. Parker and Ginobli are fun players to watch yet I hate spurs games. Out of any two teams to make the finals I would prefer it not be Miami and not Sa.

The teams that are going to make are exactly those two teams. I would like to see OKC play Miami though. They need to handle business at home. Boston doesn't have a prayer

tcav701
05-30-2012, 09:43 AM
I still dont get how a 5 game series can have an greatest of all time label.

gangis2169
05-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Well considering the last time Lebron met the Spurs in the finals it generated one of the lowest ratings for finals ever. I think it would be more of the same. The Heat will be heavily under matched and it will show quickly like it is in the OKC series yet OKC is deeper than the HEAT.

kozelkid
05-30-2012, 10:43 AM

Defensively? Can't compare to Miami

Based on what?

Durant has become an elite defender this year. Westbrook has always been very good. And of course, factor in a very strong defensive frontcourt with Ibaka, Perkins, and Collison and a lockdown defender in Sefolosha, and no, I'm not convinced. Even as bad of a coach as Brooks is.

RonE Coleman
05-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Wont be anything close to best finals historically when the Spurs beat the Heat in 4 or 5

JordansBulls
05-30-2012, 10:46 AM
I think it will go 6 games, could be historic in that sense though depending on how close it is. But whatever the case Miami would have to win 2 games in San Antonio to win the series like Dallas did last year to Miami.

ManRam
05-30-2012, 10:50 AM
I think to an extent it will be one of the better ones, for a few reasons.

1. They're clearly the best teams in each conference.
2. It's the old guard vs. the new school. These teams go about everything in completely different manners.
3. Some might feel it's "good vs. evil". If for no other reason, most of the world will tune in just to root against the Heat. We're talking about arguably the most hated team in basketball history.
4. Both teams are incredibly explosive, but in different ways.
5. Plenty of star power and hall-of-famers.

It goes on and on.

It certainly would be the most interesting IMO since Lakers/Celtics (either go around this decade). Spurs/Pistons in 2005 was great., but I don't quite think far more people will be interested in this potential match up. Besides those, I don't think the match ups over the past decade have been this good. :shrug:

But historically? IDK. Hard to say. But of recent? Yeah..it should be a great one. Assuming it happens...

MTL_123
05-30-2012, 11:10 AM
I think it will go 6 games, could be historic in that sense though depending on how close it is. But whatever the case Miami would have to win 2 games in San Antonio to win the series like Dallas did last year to Miami.

:confused: miami would just need to win 1 game in SA the format is 2-3-2

sixer04fan
05-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Spurs are going to sweep whoever they play

LGhost
05-30-2012, 11:20 AM
I thought the Thunder had a better chance at beating the Spurs than the Heat but they are just 3 players taking turns...

The Heat are looking like the better of the two (Thunder\Heat) right now although against each other, the Heat would have problems...

Even so, the Heat will also struggle against the Spurs and their extra pass... The Heat are accustomed to paint protection similar to the Bulls and they will collapse so easily that outside shooting will destroy them. Almost every player on the Spurs play the same game and they all know where to put the ball when the defense collapses (except Diaw lol)... That's just what the Heat will have to deal with defensively...

On offense, they need Bosh bad as hell... As someone mentioned before, their role players are too inconsistent, they have no 6th man (Juwan Howard?) and it's just bad for them. They have Batman and Robin though so anything can happen.

I don't see the reason to hype this potential series up at all, it would be awesome to watch but it's no more than a number 1 seed vs a number 2 seed...

A lot of you guys could work for ESPN or NBA (no insult) with all the great story lines you've created to go with a series.

I Rock Shaqs
05-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Spurs.. That is All.

jp611
05-30-2012, 11:24 AM
Spurs will win in 5 maybe 6 games... They are truly unbeatable right now... Popovich will be WAY too much for spoelstra

BKLYNpigeon
05-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Historically...NO..

I think the best finals belongs to the Lakers-Celtics of the 80's

heattiltheend94
05-30-2012, 11:33 AM

offensively, OKC is just as dynamic as the HEAT if not better; however, Miami is a much better defensive team. While OKC has a better defensive bigs, I guarantee Miami will matchup better defensively against the Spurs, though OKC still has a shot at winning. Don't call them out yet.

dalton749
05-30-2012, 11:34 AM
I think Miami spurs will be great because LeBron will play some other greatest ball we have ever seen.
I expect some huge games I don't see anyone stopping him this year and it will be even better because he did it against such a good spurs teams.
All thecritics will be silenced

LGhost
05-30-2012, 11:39 AM
I think Miami spurs will be great because LeBron will play some other greatest ball we have ever seen.
I expect some huge games I don't see anyone stopping him this year and it will be even better because he did it against such a good spurs teams.
All thecritics will be silenced

I really hope so - The NBA needs some new headlines

Iron24th
05-30-2012, 11:53 AM
I don't see any team touching the Spurs this year.

JasonJohnHorn
05-30-2012, 12:01 PM
I'd rather see Bos. and SA in the finals to be honest. The two best PF of their generation squaring off one last time before the door is shut on their career. And both teams play team ball. MVP candidate TP vs. Rondo would be a great match-up, and Manu and Jackson facing off against Ray Allen... there are just so many great match-ups I'd like to see for that series.

I'd like to see two teams that play team ball square off than one team featuring team play and another team that just likes to run the fast break and play isolation ball. But that's just me.

LoveMeOrHateMe
05-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Who the **** cares the spurs are rolling they are unbeatable they are my pick to win it all

JordansBulls
05-30-2012, 12:15 PM
:confused: miami would just need to win 1 game in SA the format is 2-3-2

Yes I know technically, however you really think Miami is winning 3 in a row at home vs the Spurs? Which is why I said they would probably have to win 2 in San Antonio like Dallas had to win 2 in Miami last year as Dallas was not going to win 3 in a row at home.

JordansBulls
05-30-2012, 12:16 PM
I'd rather see Bos. and SA in the finals to be honest. The two best PF of their generation squaring off one last time before the door is shut on their career.

This, however the only time they ever met was in 1999 when KG was not even close to a star yet.

Lo Porto
05-30-2012, 12:24 PM
If San Antonio beats OKC in 4 or 5 games, then Miami finds a way to beat San Antonio in the Finals, LeBron better start getting MJ type respect. I'm not even a LeBron fan, but the guy is facing ridiculous scrutiny that MJ never had to face because the media didn't dissect players back then how they do now. San Antonio is as good as any team I've seen and if Miami beats them this year on LeBron's shoulder's, that's impressive stuff.

celtNYpatsHeels
05-30-2012, 12:54 PM
Id rather have seen the Celtics vs lakers/spurs...

Definitely more historically relevant than heat vs spurs.

celtNYpatsHeels
05-30-2012, 01:00 PM
If San Antonio beats OKC in 4 or 5 games, then Miami finds a way to beat San Antonio in the Finals, LeBron better start getting MJ type respect. I'm not even a LeBron fan, but the guy is facing ridiculous scrutiny that MJ never had to face because the media didn't dissect players back then how they do now. San Antonio is as good as any team I've seen and if Miami beats them this year on LeBron's shoulder's, that's impressive stuff.

Sorry but Lebron isnt close to Jordans level yet. He will have to win at least 4 rings to come close.

MJ didnt face criticisms because MJ didnt hold a decision specials, bail on a team, hold a welcoming party when he didnt win anything, or plan a special back door deal to join Bird and Magic on a superteam. James has brought everything upon himself. Jordan was the most competitive man in the NBA during his run. He wanted to BEAT every superstar he possibly could, not Join forces with them.

knickfan33
05-30-2012, 01:01 PM
Id rather have seen the Celtics vs lakers/spurs...

Definitely more historically relevant than heat vs spurs.

heat is def better then celtics, but i think the celtics would play the spurs better... im pretty confident that the spurs will emberass the heat.

better defensively, better depth, best coach in the nba, and they wont turn the ball over.. which is like half of the heats ability to score.

justinnum1
05-30-2012, 01:04 PM
heat is def better then celtics, but i think the celtics would play the spurs better... im pretty confident that the spurs will emberass the heat.

better defensively, better depth, best coach in the nba, and they wont turn the ball over.. which is like half of the heats ability to score.

They wont, it would be a tight long series. And feel free to sig that.

knickfan33
05-30-2012, 01:12 PM
They wont, it would be a tight long series. And feel free to sig that.

feel free man... im just calling it how i see it, you saw the heat have trouble when a team played them physical ( indiana) you dont think the spurs are gonna do better then that....

you really think lebron and wade are that could as two players that they are gonna make a 6 or 7 game series against the best all around team in the NBA.... add this to your sig too: i wouldnt put my money on that series going past 5 games barring some kinda big injury to the spurs.

justinnum1
05-30-2012, 01:16 PM
feel free man... im just calling it how i see it, you saw the heat have trouble when a team played them physical ( indiana) you dont think the spurs are gonna do better then that....

you really think lebron and wade are that could as two players that they are gonna make a 6 or 7 game series against the best all around team in the NBA.... add this to your sig too: i wouldnt put my money on that series going past 5 games barring some kinda big injury to the spurs.

lmao

ryang
05-30-2012, 01:17 PM
every knick fan has become a spurs/okc fan... I personally feel we match up better against the spurs.. Id explain but whats the point? 4 months ago everybody called the spurs old and done now they are the best team in the nba.. Beat boston first and then bring on the old men..

Stinkyoutsider
05-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Great storylines but I can't say the absolute best? I would like to watch the Spurs vs the Heat but before I agree on that matchup, I want to see how the Spurs play in game 3. If they come out and dominate in OKC, then I would 100% take the Spurs to win it all this year...

kdspurman
05-30-2012, 01:19 PM
every knick fan has become a spurs/okc fan... I personally feel we match up better against the spurs.. Id explain but whats the point? 4 months ago everybody called the spurs old and done now they are the best team in the nba.. Beat boston first and then bring on the old men..

That was people who had no clue what they were talking about...

Any funny you say that considering Miami is an Older team than SA is :laugh2:

ryang
05-30-2012, 01:21 PM
okc is a very young jump shooting team that plays little d.. (ibaka not included) but they stand around and watch the spurs drive into the lane.. The spurs are playing great D but okc might be a year or 2 off.. just my opinion

ryang
05-30-2012, 01:24 PM

Your team was losing..

Wade ,bosh and lebron.. younger then duncan,ginobli and parker.. didnt realize s.jackson and diaw were young?? Oh and your young players havent faced a D like the heats yet..

No need for arguements i think the spurs are a great team but to say they beat the heat guranteed is foolish..

808Nate
05-30-2012, 01:28 PM
This is a condensed season that was riddled with injuries to the best players in the east, thats the only thing people will remember, that huge asterisk

kdspurman
05-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Your team was losing..

Wade ,bosh and lebron.. younger then duncan,ginobli and parker.. didnt realize s.jackson and diaw were young?? Oh and your young players havent faced a D like the heats yet..

No need for arguements i think the spurs are a great team but to say they beat the heat guranteed is foolish..

Never said that... And yea they started 12-9 and went 46-7 the rest of the way. So December/Jan they struggled, but no one was really that "great" either coming into this season.

Our young players haven't but your guys haven't played a team that's as efficient and precise as SA is. And btw, good luck with Spo countering Pop's in-game and game to game adjustments.

It's no secret that Miami relies heavy on Wade/Lebron playing phenomenally to get wins. Look what it took vs the Pacers and that's a young bunch.

I don't doubt that they can't go off against us like that. But what we can do that Indy can't is make them work on defense like hell. They're going to expend a lot of energy on the defensive end.

THE MTL
05-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Well Celtics and Spurs would be the worst finals ever.

ryang
05-30-2012, 01:35 PM
i agree.. we can win tho

knickfan33
05-30-2012, 01:44 PM
lmao

how bout a bet...(barring any sort of major injurys).. the heat win 2 games verse the spurs.. ill make a sig praising the heat for all of next year.... if the heat dont win 2 games... your sig has to praise me and my basketball knowledge and quote those previous post... thats how confident i am the spurs will cominate the heat

no team has enough talent to win on talent alone... and spurs are a TEAM

ryang
05-30-2012, 01:44 PM
Never said that... And yea they started 12-9 and went 46-7 the rest of the way. So December/Jan they struggled, but no one was really that "great" either coming into this season.
Our young players haven't but your guys haven't played a team that's as efficient and precise as SA is. And btw, good luck with Spo countering Pop's in-game and game to game adjustments. It's no secret that Miami relies heavy on Wade/Lebron playing phenomenally to get wins. Look what it took vs the Pacers and that's a young bunch.

I don't doubt that they can't go off against us like that. But what we can do that Indy can't is make them work on defense like hell. They're going to expend a lot of energy on the defensive end.

1: we were

2:Riley has alot to do with game to game adjustments regardless of what is said..

3:Wade and Lebron are fully capable of that against anybody..

4:thats what makes us so good is our d.. we will have plenty of energy

ryang
05-30-2012, 01:47 PM
how bout a bet...(barring any sort of major injurys).. the heat win 2 games verse the spurs.. ill make a sig praising the heat for all of next year.... if the heat dont win 2 games... your sig has to praise me and my basketball knowledge and quote those previous post... thats how confident i am the spurs will cominate the heat

no team has enough talent to win on talent alone... and spurs are a TEAM

ill make a bet with you.. after the heat and spurs win... didnt you also feel the knicks bench was gonna dominate ours?? just asking

knickfan33
05-30-2012, 01:50 PM
ill make a bet with you.. after the heat and spurs win... didnt you also feel the knicks bench was gonna dominate ours?? just asking

dude the knicks and the spurs are not even close..... i had some hope they would, i pretty much new that series was over once tyson was questionable for game 1 an then when shump went down... over.

i want him in that bet... but ill take ill heat fans who want it on... the spurs arent losing at home.. and they aint losing two in a row... that series is over 4-1 tops,,,spurs.

YungDaSensai
05-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Jordan's last year was the best Finals in my opinion or as someone said earlier the Lakers vs Celts in the 80's.

As far as the Spurs vs HEAT when it happens, I believe Lebron gets his first ring. You guys say the HEAT only chance is if Wade and LJ play elite bball; i believe they can, who do the Spurs put on both of them defensively. We just match up better against them, both teams will score but defensively i feel the HEAT could get a stop before the Spurs. The only thing Miami doesn't have an answer for is Ginobli and Parker, the 1(pg) seem to do Miami in and for whatever reason Ginobli turns into Jordan when he plays the HEAT. Duncan can be contained imo, Bosh coming back at this point will be an added bonus.

kdspurman
05-30-2012, 01:57 PM
[/B]

1: we were

2:Riley has alot to do with game to game adjustments regardless of what is said..

3:Wade and Lebron are fully capable of that against anybody..

4:thats what makes us so good is our d.. we will have plenty of energy

Yes the heat started 16-5 (4 game difference)

Cause Lebron didn't get worn out last year right? Lebron played 44 minutes in Game 1!!! That's outrageous and Spo is not exactly known for getting his guys rest. Keep thinking the guy is a machine.

Miami's half court offense has always been suspect, and that was exposed a great deal last year. There hasn't been THAT much improvements to it this year, except now guys are a little healthier.

ryang
05-30-2012, 01:58 PM
my point wasnt the knicks and spurs are close but that your opinion is clouded with your hatred for the heat.. knickerbocker

ryang
05-30-2012, 02:02 PM
Yes the heat started 16-5 (4 game difference)

Cause Lebron didn't get worn out last year right? Lebron played 44 minutes in Game 1!!! That's outrageous and Spo is not exactly known for getting his guys rest. Keep thinking the guy is a machine.

Miami's half court offense has always been suspect, and that was exposed a great deal last year. There hasn't been THAT much improvements to it this year, except now guys are a little healthier.

last year was last year.. it was exposed in one series against a team that had a much higher payroll..

im not gonna argue anymore.. personally i have rooted for the spurs everygame against okc.. I feel we match up better against you sorry if it doesnt make sence.. I think the spurs will fall to the heat.. right now im worried about boston.. good luck i hope u beat okc

kdspurman
05-30-2012, 02:04 PM
last year was last year.. it was exposed in one series against a team that had a much higher payroll..

im not gonna argue anymore.. personally i have rooted for the spurs everygame against okc.. I feel we match up better against you sorry if it doesnt make sence.. I think the spurs will fall to the heat.. right now im worried about boston.. good luck i hope u beat okc

Fair enough

OC Knights #11
05-30-2012, 02:12 PM
The world already saw Lebron James vs. the Spurs championship in 2006..I think we all still remembered what happened.

justinnum1
05-30-2012, 02:16 PM
The world already saw Lebron James vs. the Spurs championship in 2006..I think we all still remembered what happened.

Are you trying to say that miami would be swept by the spurs? If so then :facepalm:

gotoHcarolina52
05-30-2012, 02:28 PM
Hide yo kids. Hide yo wife. And hide your husband cuz the Spurs are sweeping everybody out here.

MTL_123
05-30-2012, 02:29 PM
i dnt get why most people are saying if miami plays the spurs in the finals were gonna get swept.Its gonna be a hard fought series that will go 6-7 games. Yes the spurs are a great team but come on no offense to okc fans but their defense this series has been trash it looks liked the like spurs invented the pick and roll and the thunder had no anwser for it. miami is the best at defending the pick and roll, and all those long passes that the spurs were doing against the thunder will get picked off.miami is one of the best teams at intercepting those kinds of passes.

kdspurman
05-30-2012, 02:32 PM
No intelligent Spurs fan would think about sweeping Miami just an fyi. I don't even think they'll sweep OKC.

I don't even know if any Spurs fan have said that, but wanted to point that out.

justinnum1
05-30-2012, 02:37 PM
No intelligent Spurs fan would think about sweeping Miami just an fyi. I don't even think they'll sweep OKC.

I don't even know if any Spurs fan have said that, but wanted to point that out.

I think it would be a lot closer a series than most are making it out to be. But spurs would be the favorites, no doubt. First miami needs to take care of boston tho.

knickfan33
05-30-2012, 02:51 PM
spurs>thunder>miami... FYI.... miami doesnt stand a chance agianst spurs.

Marlin234
05-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Alot of hypotheticals here... Just enjoy the the ECF/WCF then we can talk about this.

Marlin234
spurs>thunder>miami... FYI.... miami doesnt stand a chance agianst spurs.

Still trolling bro?

justinnum1
Alot of hypotheticals here... Just enjoy the the ECF/WCF then we can talk about this.

True, its just funny that fans of teams that already lost are talking **** lol

kdspurman
05-30-2012, 02:58 PM
I think it would be a lot closer a series than most are making it out to be. But spurs would be the favorites, no doubt. First miami needs to take care of boston tho.

I don't think it would be closer, i Know it would be closer.

I don't want some of these people on here predicting a pre-mature sweep giving the real fans a bad name.

Marlin234
05-30-2012, 02:59 PM

Lol then they arent even worth responding to.. Ofcourse they are going to pick the HEAT to get beat in 7 by Boston. Then the other delusional fans saying well get swept by the Spurs. Just laugh it off and watch the "most dynamic, atheletic, skilled" duo of all time rape again tonight ;)

knickfan33
05-30-2012, 03:01 PM

maybe you miami heat fans inherted the crybaby attitude of your players but noone is saying this out of bitterness... the spurs are way better then the heat now.

you heat fans have a bad habit of acting like we always say it out of hate, we have no reason to hate you... you havent done anything

G-Menfan4lyfe
05-30-2012, 03:06 PM

Not when you look at the average age of the players who are actually getting PT. Come on man.

justinnum1
05-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Not when you look at the average age of the players who are actually getting PT. Come on man.

+1

duncan
diaw
parker
ginobli
jackson
bonner

avg age is like 32

kawhi
splitter

like 24

so avg age is like 31

Marlin234
05-30-2012, 03:13 PM
the spurs are way better then the heat now.

we have no reason to hate you... you havent done anything

-This is YOUR opinion not a fact. We are both in the ECF & WCF for a reason. so dont be a fool.

-Your right you dont hate us. You envy us becasue the fact that we forced Newyork to get star players they didnt even want after LBJ blew them off.

kdspurman
05-30-2012, 03:15 PM
+1

duncan
diaw
parker
ginobli
jackson
bonner

avg age is like 32

kawhi
splitter

like 24

so avg age is like 31

Green? Neal? Those guys are young too but play big minutes.

You guys should check out the box scores and see every now and then...only Parker played +30 mpg during the regular season.

Duncan/Manu/Parker play the bulk, but after that it can be anyone on any given night.

Case in point last night.. . Manu played 26 minutes. Leonard played 35 and Green played 27. There's a common misconception it seems, but it's not like other teams where the stars HAVE to play big minutes.

kdspurman
05-30-2012, 03:25 PM

See my response above... Since you don't know who actually gets PT for the Spurs.

Lo Porto
05-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Sorry but Lebron isnt close to Jordans level yet. He will have to win at least 4 rings to come close.

MJ didnt face criticisms because MJ didnt hold a decision specials, bail on a team, hold a welcoming party when he didnt win anything, or plan a special back door deal to join Bird and Magic on a superteam. James has brought everything upon himself. Jordan was the most competitive man in the NBA during his run. He wanted to BEAT every superstar he possibly could, not Join forces with them.

That's right, Jordan had the media completely in his corner with everybody on their knees to please him. However, he did bail on the Bulls. He only re-joined the Bulls when they had a superteam put back together with Rodman and one of the top 3 Euro's of the day Kukoc on board.

The media today is ruthless. What LeBron is doing today with tougher defense played on him is impressive. If San Antonio comes into a series against Miami at 12-0, they will be a better team than Jordan ever faced and I"m a Jazz fan. If LeBron leads Miami past San Antonio, it will be a better Finals victory than Jordan ever had. This isn't an argument.

LeBron's team isn't as good as Jordan's teams from the 2nd 3peat. There are only 3 good players on the entire Miami team, and one is hurt right now.

Iron24th
05-30-2012, 03:49 PM
the world already saw lebron james vs. The spurs championship in 2006..i think we all still remembered what happened.

knickfan33
05-30-2012, 04:06 PM
-This is YOUR opinion not a fact. We are both in the ECF & WCF for a reason. so dont be a fool.

-Your right you dont hate us. You envy us becasue the fact that we forced Newyork to get star players they didnt even want after LBJ blew them off.

really... any knick fan or basketball fan who thinks we'd be better off with felton,gallo,and mozgov over lin, melo and chandler is a ******.... im pumped to see this team next year, we play a whole season the way we did under woodson at the end, we are going to be a high seed in the playoffs, hopefully healthy with at least a round of home court.... well make some noise

yeah its an opinion... shared by anyone else who is an intelligent fan, the spurs re lightyears ahead of the heat and any one else in the nba right now... they were dominant for years and there playing better then they have in years, the heat are not beating them.

give me some odds and ill make a cash bet that the spurs win in 4 or 5.... im that confident the heat arent on there level.

and believe me know one envys the heat, spurs will beat you this year, who knows about next year.... lebron is closingin on 30...hes 6'9 280 pounds, the knees are gonna buckle soon... he doesnt get one soon your gonna be known as the biggest fail in the history of the NBA... youll be stuck with three 30 year old former stars and no money or draft picks for the future...while teams like the thunder are running this league

Da Knicks
05-30-2012, 04:34 PM

I know all lot of people are bashing on your comment but if your not into dunks and watching a player go one on one without any post moves i understand. Team basketball is almost a thing of the past with all the fouls being called that support the hero basketball. I dont like the spurs but man that is some nice basketball that team is playing. Not dogging on just the heat, the knicks without Lin in the playoffs went iso too much, and the thunder do the same with westy and durant.

DaSeba5
05-30-2012, 04:35 PM
I know all lot of people are bashing on your comment but if your not into dunks and watching a player go one on one without any post moves i understand. Team basketball is almost a thing of the past with all the fouls being called that support the hero basketball. I dont like the spurs but man that is some nice basketball that team is playing. Not dogging on just the heat, the knicks without Lin in the playoffs went iso too much, and the thunder do the same with westy and durant.

The Heat have been playing team basketball the last couple of games. That's why they are playing so well without Bosh. Of course not on the level of the Spurs though.

King41
05-30-2012, 04:37 PM
as long as the thunder don't go to the finals the finals will be great

knickfan33
05-30-2012, 04:42 PM
The Heat have been playing team basketball the last couple of games. That's why they are playing so well without Bosh. Of course not on the level of the Spurs though.

and this is how you can tell an actuall heat fan, and someone who understands basketball....from the 2010 join'ers.... understanding that even though you hve to super stars, talent alone is not enough to beat this spurs team.

and im sure he understands knick fans dont hate you cause your good, we hate you cause were knick fans.

kjoke
05-30-2012, 05:11 PM
I can see the Heat beating the Spurs. Spurs rely heavily on passing and rotating the ball, Miami is one hell of a recovering team. Miami is also a pretty heavy transition team. Plus at moments in the game you'll have Lebron on Parker, and you will also go small with Lebron, Wade, Battier, Miller, Bosh.

Not saying Miami wins , but they can beat the spurs. They match up better than Thunder the jumpshooting team

kozelkid
05-30-2012, 05:15 PM
I can see the Heat beating the Spurs. Spurs rely heavily on passing and rotating the ball, Miami is one hell of a recovering team. Miami is also a pretty heavy transition team. Plus at moments in the game you'll have Lebron on Parker, and you will also go small with Lebron, Wade, Battier, Miller, Bosh.

Not saying Miami wins , but they can beat the spurs. They match up better than Thunder the jumpshooting team

On defense, Miami's biggest weakness is a team that moves the ball well. Hence struggles with Boston and Dallas in the past.

Whereas they do great against iso teams like OKC, New York and even Chicago least year with Rose.

kjoke
05-30-2012, 05:18 PM
On defense, Miami's biggest weakness is a team that moves the ball well. Hence struggles with Boston and Dallas in the past.

Whereas they do great against iso teams like OKC, New York and even Chicago least year with Rose.

Their struggles with Dallas was they had no answer for the zone defense, I don't think it had to do with the type of team Dallas offense was.

Again, I think we should wait considering that the Heat are only 1-0 and the Spurs are 2-0

naps
05-30-2012, 05:37 PM

TRUE (http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/394/8a2/b33/resized/sean-payton-meme-generator-you-mad-bro-yeah-he-mad-444ffe.jpg).

lakerboy
05-30-2012, 05:42 PM
LOL. No disrespect to Miami, but Spurs will run over Heat. I have never seen anything like the this kind of team. Yesterday, Durant, Westbrook and Harden all scored like 30 pts each and they were still blown out. Un-freaking believable. If Bosh and Wade scores 30 and Lebron scores 40, then maybe it will be a close game.

Personally I just dont see anything stopping San Antonio anymore. They are too freaking good.

Spurred1
05-30-2012, 05:48 PM
I don't think it would be historically great. Nor do I think that if the Heat beat the Spurs, would it put Spoelstra in some revered coaches category simply because he beat Pop. No offense to the OP, but nobody aside from Miami fans gives much thought to Spoelstra or his standing in today's NBA coaches.
I would prefer a Celtics/Spurs Finals. Two older grizzled veteran teams going at each other for another ring. Spurs have been playing uptempo ball this year, but I think they could also play a grind it out game if the Celtics slow it down. (Celtics don't seem like they're playing uptempo ball.)

knickfan33
05-30-2012, 05:54 PM
I don't think it would be historically great. Nor do I think that if the Heat beat the Spurs, would it put Spoelstra in some revered coaches category simply because he beat Pop. No offense to the OP, but nobody aside from Miami fans gives much thought to Spoelstra or his standing in today's NBA coaches.
I would prefer a Celtics/Spurs Finals. Two older grizzled veteran teams going at each other for another ring. Spurs have been playing uptempo ball this year, but I think they could also play a grind it out game if the Celtics slow it down. (Celtics don't seem like they're playing uptempo ball.)

thats what i was saying a couple post ago... much more interesting, and i think celtics style of basketball is better match for spurs... i dont see heat giving this spurs team to much of a fight.

rawz
05-30-2012, 06:25 PM
i would have liked to see this spurs team play 82 games....

wonder what there win loss total would be.