PDA

View Full Version : Should the Thunder have kept Jeff Green and play Ibaka at the Center position?

LTBaByyy
05-30-2012, 12:25 AM
They play their best small and there arent great centers anymore to have Perkins

Westbrook
Thabo
Durant
Green
Ibaka

would be great during this series

TeamSeattle
05-30-2012, 12:28 AM
No! This Thunder team is much better than the one that was constructed with Jeff Green. Perkins may not score many points but provides many intangibles necessary to win.

tredigs
05-30-2012, 12:29 AM
Would it? Because I'm pretty sure Jeff Green played zero games in the NBA this year and that would be a tough void to fill.

I know you're just mildly baiting the fans of the team that swept your boys, but it's a failed troll in this case.

LAKobeBryant
05-30-2012, 12:30 AM
would of lost to lakers, okc bigs out played lakers bigs in the semis. if it was green and ibaka i don't think they'll win

mvb815
05-30-2012, 12:30 AM
Would it? Because I'm pretty sure Jeff Green played zero games in the NBA this year and that would be a tough void to fill.

yeah because he would have sustained the exact same injury playing for the thunder this year

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-30-2012, 12:32 AM
^^^Don't think he's trolling or baiting. He probably feels that's probably the best lineup that would be able to compete with SAS. Instead of Jeff Green, they're using old man Fisher.

His thread makes sense since Perkins has been basically ineffective and the matchups and pace are not in Perk's favor.

LTBaByyy
05-30-2012, 12:32 AM
You cant control injuries, if he stayed he might be 100% healthy right now you dont know

You dont know when injuries occur

LTBaByyy
05-30-2012, 12:34 AM
This is not a troll thread.

Becoming famous on PSD has its negatives lol

popo85
05-30-2012, 12:36 AM
I knew Perkins was going to cost them big time, useless on both ends of the court so far this series

BigBongTheory
05-30-2012, 12:37 AM
yeah because he would have sustained the exact same injury playing for the thunder this year

What are you people talking about? I'm pretty sure it was a heart condition that has kept him out this year, Open heart surgery.

rickshaw
05-30-2012, 12:37 AM
You cant control injuries, if he stayed he might be 100% healthy right now you dont know

Wasn't it a heart condition which would of happened no matter what?

SugeKnight
05-30-2012, 12:38 AM
Yeah but they needed Perkins' size to beat LA

tredigs
05-30-2012, 12:39 AM

An aortic aneurysm? He didn't sprain an ankle chief. That was happening in OKC, Boston, or Hong Kong.

Regardless, clearly the right move for them at the time. A defensive minded post center was exactly what they needed. They tried it when they traded for Chandler the prior year but unfortunately for them he wasn't healthy enough to pass the physical.

QueensG
05-30-2012, 12:40 AM
the problem with the thunder is westbrook at PG. he is a shooting gaurd. okc needs a distributing PG.

westbrook tries to play too much hero ball and there's.no ball movement. once that happens okc becomes to predictable. to answer your question though I think you would've been better off keeping Jeff green because he can score. the thunder would have another threat offensively

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-30-2012, 12:44 AM
Yeah but they needed Perkins' size to beat LA

Not really, I think even without Perk they would have handled us easily. We were just flat out terrible.

Carey
05-30-2012, 12:48 AM
No, Perk just doesnt help much in this series and Scotty took to long to realize it. Ibaka would get punished trying to play Centers full time and with how bad Jeff got abused by 4's it's part of the reason he got traded.

The home team won two games, now we go to OKC, im suprised to see a thread like this at this point. OP, you do know we werent eliminated tonight right? lol

Bruno
05-30-2012, 12:53 AM
pick your poison. small ball may work best against SA, but LAL would have been tougher to deal with, without Perkins.

Joshtd1
05-30-2012, 12:58 AM
Against us in the past having Green and Durant at the 3-4 worked because we never had a SF/PF who could match up with Green. This year I don't know

Bulls_fan90
05-30-2012, 01:01 AM
Wait what?

Soonerule
05-30-2012, 01:52 AM
^^^Don't think he's trolling or baiting. He probably feels that's probably the best lineup that would be able to compete with SAS. Instead of Jeff Green, they're using old man Fisher.

His thread makes sense since Perkins has been basically ineffective and the matchups and pace are not in Perk's favor.

I don't think he's baiting either because the truth is Perk shouldn't play any more minutes than it takes to come hack-a-Splinter and go set the rest of the time. I been posting about it in the Thunder forum about it for the last day and a half. It isn't just this series, I followed the play-by-play recaps on every game the Thunder and Spurs played this season and the best the Thunder do when Perk is in the game is tread water, but they usually drowned, just like they did tonight and just like they did in the 4th quarter in game 1. That was no fluke, it goes all the way back through every game these 2 teams played this year. And it recurrs without exception. The lineup we saw finish this game, needs to start game 3 in OKC and rotate Collison and Ibaka at the 5 only having both on the floor to give KD a breather. Fish should only play if his shot is falling and if not, the lion's share of his minutes should go to Thabo. Cook might as well not dress, give all his minutes to Royal Ivey, plays D with a Tony Allen tenacity and has sparked the Thunder more than once from that end of the floor.

If Brooks will do that, the Thunder could hold serve in OKC and make a fight out of this, if he doesn't at least make the small lineup his primary group however, the Spurs will sweep this series, it's that simple.

Soonerule
05-30-2012, 01:54 AM
pick your poison. small ball may work best against SA, but LAL would have been tougher to deal with, without Perkins.

Your right, Perk was brought in for LA, can't say it any plainer than that, his work is done for now.

lpdunks8
05-30-2012, 02:02 AM
A writer on Twitter mentioned that OKC was built to beat the Lakers. They didn't think SAS would still be good.

Bishnoff
05-30-2012, 02:09 AM
Hell no! OKC were smart to get rid of Green.

bagwell368
05-30-2012, 07:57 AM

It wasn't an injury it is a condition.

bagwell368
05-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Hell no! OKC were smart to get rid of Green.

Maybe so, but they were stupid to get Perkins expecting the 2007-2009 version, and pay him all that money. He has sucked for them on the floor. Seemingly there is some leadership and defensive grit that rubs off on the kids. Better be because otherwise getting him AND Nate was the only mistep their GM has made yet. Oh yeah, coughed up a #1 too. Lost a good high post small Center for a year too. Ouch.

tcav701
05-30-2012, 08:14 AM
No,

Perk isnt the player they thought they were getting but its much easier to go out and get a Green type player than a Perkins type.

Mr_Amaziing
05-30-2012, 10:06 AM
I would love to bring back Jeff Green so he can be our 6 man

JordansBulls
05-30-2012, 10:13 AM
WTF, hell no.

MagicBucsSox
05-30-2012, 10:23 AM
Imagine I'd that Tyson chandler trade went threw, Perkins sucks and I'm glad the world is seeing it. Clowns really use to praise him

corky831
05-30-2012, 10:27 AM
It was Garnett's defensive presence that helped Perkins look so good. Man I wish Green never had that heart condition, he'd be helping the celtics out a lot right about now. Also, wish DA got Harden out of that deal like he wanted, OKC was smart enough to deliver GReen instead.

2-ONE-5
05-30-2012, 11:37 AM

yes he would have considering it wasnt an actual injury, it was a heart condition

Carey
05-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Maybe so, but they were stupid to get Perkins expecting the 2007-2009 version, and pay him all that money. He has sucked for them on the floor. Seemingly there is some leadership and defensive grit that rubs off on the kids. Better be because otherwise getting him AND Nate was the only mistep their GM has made yet. Oh yeah, coughed up a #1 too. Lost a good high post small Center for a year too. Ouch.

You again lol, still on this and still wrong. Perk doesnt fit this series, but was very good against Bynum just a series ago. How is what he's making considered ALL THAT MONEY? Oh and btw the draft pick is in the 20's now, if we had it we use it just like we'll do with our 1st rounder(sell, take a european player or trade down into the second). Back to back western conference finals for a core years away from their prime. Im still waiting for the ouch....

But seeing that Boston was banking on that Clipper pick being in the lottery that ouch might be reflecting your feelings.

justinnum1
05-30-2012, 07:15 PM

It was a heart ailment...

KingPosey
05-30-2012, 07:22 PM
It bwasnt an injury, it was an issue with his heart.