PDA

View Full Version : Report: LaMarcus Aldridge blames his Blazers teammates for poor season

Fresno
05-29-2012, 09:00 PM
It's why I cornered LaMarcus Aldridge shortly after McMillan was fired. I told him that I was disappointed in him. I said that part of the responsibility of being a star is leading. I expected him to tell Felton to zip it when the point guard was making his poisonous locker room rounds. I expected him to tell Crawford to quit worrying about where he was playing and focus on how he was playing. As not only a star but an All-Star, it was his job to get guys focused on the team.

"I have an answer for that," Aldridge interrupted. "I have an answer. I went to everybody, and I said what you are saying. I went as far to say, 'Look, we're not playing for (McMillan), let's play for each other.' The thing about when you say how stars or the main guys have to do that -- these guys were telling me all the right (expletive). I went to Ray and I'm like, 'Hey, forget Nate. I know you don't like him, but let's play. Do you want to be here for five years? Then show us.'

"And to me, (Felton) was like, 'I'm with you.' So the stuff you are saying I should have done, I did. But they are like, 'Oh yeah, oh yeah,' then it was like you say: They go in their little corner and they are like, 'Yeah, whatever.' I don't know what they are saying, but they are probably saying that they told me this, but they are going to do something else. I even challenged 'Mal (Crawford). I was like, 'I know you aren't playing (shooting guard), but just play basketball. You love basketball; just play.'

Aldridge said many on the team blew him off and ignored his message because, as the franchise player, he was getting all the playing time he wanted, all the shots he wanted.

"They wanted comfort from guys who are in misery like them ...," Aldridge said. "I'm going to them and trying to talk to them, but they were blowing me off. They are like, 'What do you know about this?' They had something against (McMillan), and you know how it is when you have a grudge, and there's a guy getting everything he wants? You are not going to listen to him. That's how it was."

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2012/04/blazers_insider_count_locker_room_leader_among_tea .html

A lot of interesting stuff about why the Blazers went from a Playoff team to one of the worst in the NBA.

JNoel
05-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Brandon Roy needs to come back in a few years or the blazers are finished as a franchise

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Lamarcus Aldridge to the Lakers straight up for Bynum. Seems like Bynum would fit right in with those team disruptors like Felton, Crawford and everyone.

justinnum1
05-29-2012, 09:07 PM
he gone

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-29-2012, 09:08 PM
Brandon Roy needs to come back in a few years or the blazers are finished as a franchise

B.Roy is finished.

ElFuturoDeESPN
05-29-2012, 09:08 PM
Way to be a leader, LaMarcus :rolleyes:

Fresno
05-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Too bad that he's done with the Blazers, not to mention there was possibly some behind the scenes stuff they led to the Blazers pressuring Roy to retire. You can tell from how he's talked about possibly coming back and how much he missed the game that Roy didn't want to go out that way.

GiantsSwaGG
05-29-2012, 09:13 PM
Great leader

JNoel
05-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Too bad that he's done with the Blazers, not to mention there was possibly some behind the scenes stuff they led to the Blazers pressuring Roy to retire. You can tell from how he's talked about possibly coming back and how much he missed the game that Roy didn't want to go out that way.

They prob need to clean house starting with the source being Raymond Felton, They are another small market team that are in danger of relocation, your right, even if Roy did return, it would not be with the Blazers, It's funny how the Blazers were a top team earlier in the season

popo85
05-29-2012, 09:19 PM
It also didn't help he rebounded like a guard this season, Felton minus playing in D'Antoni's system for half of last season has underachieved most of his career.

Fresno
05-29-2012, 09:20 PM
he gone

Might be.

I think Portland should try to trade him to a team like New Orleans for their 2 Lottery Picks this year, maybe throw in Wes Matthews for good measure.

Rebuild around 4 Lottery picks in 2012 + resign Nic Batum & JJ Hickson

They'll be very young and give the fans a brand new team to be proud of.

If they're good then everybody is going to hype them up, if they're bad due to their youth then they can add another Top 5 pick in 2013.

thekmp211
05-29-2012, 09:20 PM
can't blame him. that team underacheived so hard it's astounding. they were my fresh served crow for this season, had them and the nuggets basically mixed up. and lamarcus balled out again this season for the most part.

Punk
05-29-2012, 09:22 PM
I would not be surprised at all if he got traded this summer or on draft day for a lottery pick.

Aldridge was the only player who played hard during that stretch of 7 straight blowouts.

time4change
05-29-2012, 09:23 PM
I love Aldridge. Trade him to the Bucks please. lol.

lol, please
05-29-2012, 09:24 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2012/04/blazers_insider_count_locker_room_leader_among_tea .html

A lot of interesting stuff about why the Blazers went from a Playoff team to one of the worst in the NBA.

Play the finger-pointing game. That's the best way to deal with internal issues as the member of a group.

Burkey3472
05-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Its sad that just a couple of years ago this team had such a bright future with Aldridge/Oden/Roy.

Fresno
05-29-2012, 09:32 PM
They prob need to clean house starting with the source being Raymond Felton, They are another small market team that are in danger of relocation, your right, even if Roy did return, it would not be with the Blazers, It's funny how the Blazers were a top team earlier in the season
They definetly are in trouble.

Its crazy how everybody predicted they would be what OKC is right now.

* Interim, unproven Head Coach
* No GM
* LaMarcus Aldridge is out indefinetly with hip surgery

Yikes!

They're going to have like $25 Million in Cap Space but since they're a small market team they wont be able to attract any big time Free Agents to come to Portland.

TO Rapz
05-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Send LMA our way please. I love LMA. LMA + Valanciunas = Front Court of the future.
I'd do whatever it takes to get that done.

thekmp211
05-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Send LMA our way please. I love LMA. LMA + Valanciunas = Front Court of the future.
I'd do whatever it takes to get that done.

LMA for bargs and change is actually the makings of a decent trade for all involved. interesting.

BigBlueCrew
05-29-2012, 09:46 PM
who does Lamarcus Aldridge think he is???

Lebron James

valade16
05-29-2012, 10:21 PM
LMA for bargs and change is actually the makings of a decent trade for all involved. interesting.

No, no it wouldn't be.

Aldridge is telling it like it is. Felton and Crawford have no heart. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Aldridge did everything he could, he can't make felton or crawford give a ****. They need to go.

thekmp211
05-29-2012, 10:26 PM
No, no it wouldn't be.

Aldridge is telling it like it is. Felton and Crawford have no heart. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Aldridge did everything he could, he can't make felton or crawford give a ****. They need to go.

??? i agree with you.

both guys need a change of scenery i feel. LMA might be done with the portland brass.

bargs is a good player. he'd be great with a defensive center like when dirk got chandler (NOT THE SAME LEVEL OBVIOUSLY).

lma is a good character guy and an all star talent. he deserves a better situation than portland.

DR_1
05-29-2012, 10:35 PM
Feel bad for LMA, I know what it's like.

Hellcrooner
05-29-2012, 10:42 PM
let the aldrige for pau ****** rumors start.

Blazers#1Fan
05-29-2012, 10:44 PM
this is old to beak it down without the reading he said its his team but the new guys wernt acting like it because of nate nates gone crawfords gone felton i wuld like to keep in a blazers jersey towards the end of the season he played alot better(after nate)

SVG to portland

Blazers#1Fan
05-29-2012, 10:45 PM

you wish crooner we dont trade with the lakers!

5ass
05-29-2012, 10:46 PM
How do people read this and think he wants out? He gave no indication whatsoever. If anything i think it speaks to him wanting to be a blazer

Blazers#1Fan
05-29-2012, 10:50 PM
of course we will be rebuilding after losing Roy its only one season after! but we hopefully have 2 lottery draft picks this year and take Barnes and Marshall/Lillard and pickup a decent center(Hibbirt,McGee) i'd give McGee a nice 8-11mill contract

McGee
LA
Barnes
Matthews
Marshall

Blazers#1Fan
05-29-2012, 10:51 PM

forgot Pau is Soft Garbage

thekmp211
05-29-2012, 11:06 PM
of course we will be rebuilding after losing Roy its only one season after! but we hopefully have 2 lottery draft picks this year and take Barnes and Marshall/Lillard and pickup a decent center(Hibbirt,McGee) i'd give McGee a nice 8-11mill contract

McGee
LA
Barnes
Matthews
Marshall

mcgee would be a great fit. don't see it with barnes batum is the man for you guys at the 3. brad beal would be a great fit, i like the marshall idea.

Blazers#1Fan
05-29-2012, 11:16 PM
mcgee would be a great fit. don't see it with barnes batum is the man for you guys at the 3. brad beal would be a great fit, i like the marshall idea.

i know i love batum on are team but i think if we dont give him 10-11mill per he will bolt for the spurs

thing about beal ive been hearing cleveland wants Beal which cleveland might have a top 3 and grab beal before are 4-5 round pick but i want Marshall bad if we can get Beal i'd love it! i think McGee to the blazers would be nice maybe LMA can get his friend Dwill to sign......oh forgot we are a small market lol jp

SeoulBeatz
05-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Iguodala and Thad Young for Aldridge

Fresno
05-29-2012, 11:28 PM

McGee
LA
Barnes
Matthews
Marshall

McGee needs an environment with good coaching, & some form of leadership to help him keep his head on straight. Going to a situation in Portland where there is no leadership for that team with a bunch of unproven 22-25 year olds running around is no different than what he had in Washington.

Fresno
05-29-2012, 11:30 PM
this is old to beak it down without the reading he said its his team but the new guys wernt acting like it because of nate nates gone crawfords gone felton i wuld like to keep in a blazers jersey towards the end of the season he played alot better(after nate)

SVG to portland

SVG would be the perfect coach for Portland.

At least he knows Aldridge isn't a big enough star to make demands to get him fired.

Sounds like he'll take the year off though.

QueensG
05-30-2012, 01:22 AM
aldridge for Amare..Portland is used to injury prone players

effen5
05-30-2012, 01:23 AM
Boozer and bobcats pick for Lemarcus

KingsOfQueens
05-30-2012, 01:43 AM
Amare + future picks + Landry Fields for Aldridge :pray:

MagicBucsSox
05-30-2012, 02:00 AM
Lol when will knicks fans stop? No One wants Amarč. Your gonna have to amnesty him.

mdm692
05-30-2012, 02:04 AM
Hell crawford walked up to the commentators and said during a 4th quarter here in phoenix "I need to be here next year." That shows the type of commitment the team had.

TopsyTurvy
05-30-2012, 02:17 AM
Portland PRODUCES injury prone players

Fixed. :rolleyes:

5ass
05-30-2012, 02:21 AM
lol Amare and Boozer? The Blazers can get Dwight With a package around Aldridge. They would actually have capspace to sign Deron Williams or Steve Nash too. I wouldnt do it if I was the Blazers (except if he signs an extension), but as a Magic fan i prefer Aldridge over Bynum, Bogut, Lowry, Horford, ect.

MJ-BULLS
05-30-2012, 02:23 AM
rumor bonanza begin!

ChitownSports16
05-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Magic fans, here they are thinking they once again know what they're talking about... You guys are just as clueless as everyone else here. Fans just throwing out ideas and this is nothing but an nba FORUM!! ****ENRELAX

Anyways, White Mamba and the Turd for LaMarcus. I say if Blazers dont want it,imo Bulls just walk away...

Cal827
05-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Lol when will knicks fans stop? No One wants Amarč. Your gonna have to amnesty him.

That's the thing... they wasted their Amnesty on an expring contract lol

shen
05-30-2012, 10:58 AM
Felton was the worst thing to happen to this team ever not related to injurys or passing up Jordan. He killed the chemistry and created a disgruntled locker room. He got Crawford, Camby, and Wallace in his corner so FO traded the two we could find takers for.

Felton and Crawford will not be coming back thank the gods. Get those two lottery picks, get the right coach and suddenly back in the playoffs. Is not a rebuild, it is a retool and reload.

LMA for the record has a long history of shying away from responsibility and leadership. He has frequently been vocal about not wanting to be or not wanting to take on a leadership role. He shy's away from going out and finding ways to improve. I have serious issues with his work ethic. I think he is happy to get his 20 and 8 and as long as team is making playoffs you will never hear from him. So many times he starts off so hot 30 points first half and finishes with 6 point second half. Just who he is.

Also Blazers are not in any danger what so ever of relocation. Several years in a row of nothing but sellout after sellout. One of the best arenas in the league. We own lets see the 2nd longest playoff appearance record in league history. Multiple Finals appearances.

JasonJohnHorn
05-30-2012, 11:01 AM
Well... they picked up a couple of picks for this deep draft, hopefully they pull out a couple of talented players and turn things around. I didn't realize the team was just tuning Nate out like that. Nate a good coach too.... c'est la vie.

shen
05-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Well... they picked up a couple of picks for this deep draft, hopefully they pull out a couple of talented players and turn things around. I didn't realize the team was just tuning Nate out like that. Nate a good coach too.... c'est la vie.

Felton and Crawford are to blame. Felton shows up in horrible shape and plays like crap then complains when coach tinkers with his time. He started causing problems but instead of trading or cutting him we just let him continue spreading his venom and becoming a cancer.