PDA

View Full Version : Rajon Rondo: "Nothing dirty, but they have to hit the deck too."

Wade>You
05-29-2012, 06:01 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--lebron-james-laughs-at-celtics--theatrics-during-heat-s-dominance-in-game-1.html;_ylt=Aqfe2bnn8gDTa1_WkNSSbl68vLYF
Too comfortable is code for: No one laid a body on James and Wade, no one made them think twice about driving the ball right through our manhood. Miami was relentless chasing down every loose ball, destroying Boston on the boards, and treating Celtics drives to the rim with downright disdain: Blocking them into the next yard, or slapping shots backward to start a fast break, and an inevitable Heat chin-up on the rim.

Rajon Rondo seethed, and said simply: "Nothing dirty, but they have to hit the deck too."

Is this the only way that teams know how to beat the Heat? By turning this into something other than a game of basketball?

And shame on Woj for endorsing this kind of behavior.

In the NFL, this kind of talk would have been shunned by 90% of the league -- and that's a true contact sport.

mustaine
05-29-2012, 06:44 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--lebron-james-laughs-at-celtics--theatrics-during-heat-s-dominance-in-game-1.html;_ylt=Aqfe2bnn8gDTa1_WkNSSbl68vLYF

Is this the only way that teams know how to beat the Heat? By turning this into something other than a game of basketball?

In the NFL, this kind of talk would have been shunned by 90% of the league -- and that's a true contact sport.

I remember the good old days when some contact when driving to the basket was a given.

Anyway, Rondo is right, you have to protect the paint. He's not talking about injuring someone, but at least make them earn their points from the free throw line. Most coaches will tell you to foul in order to prevent a layup, it's the smart thing to do. A good hard foul might make a driver change his mind about driving the next time so it's just a smart play.

Anyway, it probably won't matter. The Heat look way to strong for Boston.

kurivaimu
05-29-2012, 06:55 AM

You're missing a large chunk of the point in Rondos quote. The part: "nothin dirty, but they have to hit the floor to" means that the Heat were physical with the Celtics, making them hit the floor. What Rondo suggests, is that the Celtics must match this physicality..

And to be honest, in my opinion the Heat player themselves are a big reasons why basketball games turn into something other than a game of basketball. The reasons? Showboating, flopping and a lack of respect towards their opponents.

I mean, Lebron James is allowed to elbow Granger on every rebound, and if Granger has a problem with this, comes at Lebron..then we see Lebron crying at the media: "I don't know whats wrong with him, childish, immature.." In addition, add a little flopping for example like James did against JR Smith and Tyson Chandler, and there you have it - the reason why games become battles.

JC_
05-29-2012, 07:27 AM
You're missing a large chunk of the point in Rondos quote. The part: "nothin dirty, but they have to hit the floor to" means that the Heat were physical with the Celtics, making them hit the floor. What Rondo suggests, is that the Celtics must match this physicality..

And to be honest, in my opinion the Heat player themselves are a big reasons why basketball games turn into something other than a game of basketball. The reasons? Showboating, flopping and a lack of respect towards their opponents.

I mean, Lebron James is allowed to elbow Granger on every rebound, and if Granger has a problem with this, comes at Lebron..then we see Lebron crying at the media: "I don't know whats wrong with him, childish, immature.." In addition, add a little flopping for example like James did against JR Smith and Tyson Chandler, and there you have it - the reason why games become battles.

I saw a good amount of flopping by Rondo and the Celtics. As far as matching the physicality of Miami.. Boston needs to first play with a lot more energy. For the most part I thought Boston's d was good and didn't let a ton of penetration but at times they just seemed a step behind.

justinnum1
05-29-2012, 07:34 AM
PLease do, we saw what happened last series when a team tried to get physical with miami.

theheatles
05-29-2012, 07:38 AM
They're scared to touch LeBron or Wade becauce they are afraid of Haslem

mark1125
05-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Ugh.......this is why I do not care for today's NBA. Everyone is tweeting about being physical. Just DO it and not TALK about it. Now you basically said......."hey refs, watch us closely because we are going to get physical".

I just chuckle thinking about Laimbeer, Mahorn, Barkely, etc. in todays game.

Green_Monster
05-29-2012, 07:46 AM
The Celtics didn't do that when they blew the Heat out in the regular season.

justinnum1
05-29-2012, 07:47 AM
The Celtics didn't do that when they blew the Heat out in the regular season.

Regular season means nothing.

Green_Monster
05-29-2012, 07:51 AM

:laugh2: Not sure if serious?

OutOfTHEBLUE
05-29-2012, 07:55 AM
Rondo is stating the obvious. Everyone knows that the more physical and aggressive team generally always wins.

Anyway, I'm not sure why Heat fans would get bent out of shape for this. IMHO, you guys should be happy that Haslem wasn't suspended for the first couple of games of this series.

Weezy
05-29-2012, 08:00 AM

He is and I don't mind what rondo said. Celtics didn't match the heat's energy at all and to top it off poor officiating ...yea.....and heat fans are getting annoying especially complaining about this and then claiming every other team is nothing compared to them. Guess that's what happens when you have 2 top 5 players on the same team and using Obama slogans that they did it.

thekmp211
05-29-2012, 08:06 AM
i don't have a problem with this.

and say what you will this is how miami plays too, especially down low.

i don't complain about star calls, because bron and wade create a ton of contact.

it's just as much rondo psyching his guys up to be more physical.

the irony is that jumpers and free throws sunk boston last night,

MTL_123
05-29-2012, 08:23 AM
u know why rondo cuz if you do some **** like that UD will **** your **** up lol

mdm692
05-29-2012, 08:39 AM
He is and I don't mind what rondo said. Celtics didn't match the heat's energy at all and to top it off poor officiating ...yea.....and heat fans are getting annoying especially complaining about this and then claiming every other team is nothing compared to them. Guess that's what happens when you have 2 top 5 players on the same team and using Obama slogans that they did it.

This 100%.

tcav701
05-29-2012, 08:46 AM
You don't give free layups.

He's not advocating a MWP elbow or a Haslem double donkey kong punch.

All he's trying to get at is no free layups.

May be a tough concept to fans in Miami that just started watching basketball last year but that's the way playoff basketball was when the NBA was at its height of popularity.

MagicHero3
hahaha OP is bitter over a harmless quote and he WON the game. classic "Wade" fan, taking characteristics of his favorite player.

justinnum1
Complaining about heat fans is annoying. I love the hate. :laugh2:

Same people that talk **** get mad when they hear some. Classic

daleja424
05-29-2012, 09:07 AM
no problem with a physical series...

I think he needs to be careful with the wording though. Seeing as he already took two frustration fouls late in the game...his words here could easily be read as some sort of threat.

saying stuff like this to the media will only result in an even tighter game being called next game IMO. NBA really doesn't want this to get out of hand.

corky831
05-29-2012, 09:09 AM
I love the C's, but who ever wins this series will lose to whoever comes out of the west. The Heat and C's don't have the depth and size that OKC and the Spurs have. I am rooting for the celtics to win this, but they are hurting bad, at full health I'd really like their chances. What really would be enjoyable is seeing the Heat not win a championship, and then seeing them try and trade Bosh in the off season, and that Big 3 would be marked down as a "fail". Because if you don't win a championship, it is going to be a fail....

natelpete
05-29-2012, 09:10 AM
I'm pulling for the Heat to win it this year, but damn Heat fans, most of you need to take a step back and realize how bad it looks when you mindlessly talk **** and blindly defend your team.

Nothing wrong with what Rondo said.

NickyNick
05-29-2012, 09:29 AM

heat fan that joined in 2010 :laugh2::laugh2:

corky831
05-29-2012, 09:31 AM
^ yup

Weezy
05-29-2012, 09:44 AM

Thanks for supporting my post from before. You call it hate and you use clever little phrases with the word 'hate' to make it 'heat'. Why didn't the rest of the world think of this?

I call it being realistic because thats what you guys do and its downright pathetic and annoying. Get over it, you guys won and are favorites to win this series.

dbramforskins21
05-29-2012, 09:45 AM

x1000, so many of them on here.

Mikeleafs
05-29-2012, 09:52 AM

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... Cry me a river ya sissy...

We need some good hard playoff basketball and a few dirty plays I dont mind at all.

Natedogg1974
05-29-2012, 10:12 AM
agree heat fans cry too much about everything they r about as bad as lebron and wade crying about every call that doesnt go their way when they think they r fouled

Slug3
05-29-2012, 10:12 AM
Nothing wrong with this. Seems more like the NBA wouldn't want players to play or talk like this.

gotoHcarolina52
05-29-2012, 10:13 AM
The octogenarians are planning on getting physical in game 2?! Oh no!

Miami Heat
05-29-2012, 10:32 AM
this was the anger/disappointment talking after the game..Im sure Ramon Ranjo didn't mean to say that.

mjm07
05-29-2012, 10:36 AM
Its the playoffs. Physical & low scoring games are expected. Celtics were outplayed our hustled etc in game 1. Game 2 i expect them to match the HEAT's energy. Should be an even better game, hopefully with the same outcome.

THE GIPPER
05-29-2012, 10:42 AM
I dont see anything wrong with what Rondo said. And I can guarantee you that the Celtics aren't "scared" of Udonis Haslem.

Sportfan
05-29-2012, 10:44 AM
he's right. celtics made it wayyyy too easy for miami to attack in the 2nd half, boston needs perk bad right now

shawnreese
05-29-2012, 10:44 AM
Lebron and Wade hit the deck every night, dude. I would like to see Rondo step in front of the freight train. Thing is the Heat and Heat fans love the hate anyway, so bring it on.

Donuts365
05-29-2012, 10:49 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--lebron-james-laughs-at-celtics--theatrics-during-heat-s-dominance-in-game-1.html;_ylt=aqfe2bnn8gdta1_wknssbl68vlyf

is this the only way that teams know how to beat the heat? By turning this into something other than a game of basketball?

And shame on woj for endorsing this kind of behavior.

In the nfl, this kind of talk would have been shunned by 90% of the league -- and that's a true contact sport.

this! You have too or its gon be a layup drill all game

theLgndKllr35
05-29-2012, 10:56 AM

I'm going to laugh extremely hard if the Heat stop going right at defenders and try to avoid all contact. All Rondo is saying is they need to try to block the shot more, and if you happen to commit a foul by doing that, so be it.

rickshaw

Showboating? Like rondos behind the back fakes?
Flopping? Like pierce yelling and flailing like he was just shot any time there is contact?
Lack of respect towards opponents? Like KG being an a-hole all game?

Chill_Will_24
Heat fans are a bunch of soft ***** pansies. You got 2 of the biggest floppers and fake tough guys in Lebron James and Wade who show no respect for other players and are favored by referees in a league that endorses pu$$y touch foul calls.. and you wanna complain about other teams wanting be more physical?

I guess you would rather watch ballet...

Heatcheck
05-29-2012, 10:58 AM

he's dead serious. and 100%right.

StinkEye
05-29-2012, 10:59 AM
This sounds like one of those whining threads.

corky831
05-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Heat fans are a bunch of soft ***** pansies. You got 2 of the biggest floppers and fake tough guys in Lebron James and Wade who show no respect for other players and are favored by referees in a league that endorses pu$$y touch foul calls.. and you wanna complain about other teams wanting be more physical?

This. They act like LeBron is some tough guy, yet when its crunch time, Mr. Tough guy sits in the corner on the perimeter and doesn't even try to take the last shot. Someone who is tough wants that ball, and to have the confidence to take a game winner.

BKLYNpigeon
05-29-2012, 11:17 AM
Well stated by Rondo, I think that was the smartest thing to come out of his mouth.

Max.This
05-29-2012, 11:18 AM

Agreed. Now please tell some heat fans that their win over spurs in January didn't mean **** either.

BklynKnicks3
05-29-2012, 11:22 AM
the heat are a coward team with fake fans. 90% of u are Lecon fans from cleveland that changed teams smh. Id love to see the heat on the floor on every drive as much as i dislike celtics i hate the heat even more everything about that team from their players personalities antics and fans make me sick. Bunch of Kim Kardsians beg for attention!!!!!!

#Knickstape

Lakeshow24KB
05-29-2012, 11:25 AM

Lol Garnett would make Haslem his *****

Lakeshow24KB
05-29-2012, 11:27 AM

This made my day lol

Big Zo
05-29-2012, 11:31 AM

That fake tough guy that only goes after smaller dudes? Please...

Also, sounds like Rondo wants Wade to give him another shoulder dislocation. :D

StinkEye
05-29-2012, 11:35 AM
This. They act like LeBron is some tough guy, yet when its crunch time, Mr. Tough guy sits in the corner on the perimeter and doesn't even try to take the last shot. Someone who is tough wants that ball, and to have the confidence to take a game winner.

what does toughness have to do with taking a game winner? You're silly.

mjm07
05-29-2012, 11:48 AM
the heat are a coward team with fake fans. 90% of u are Lecon fans from cleveland that changed teams smh. Id love to see the heat on the floor on every drive as much as i dislike celtics i hate the Knicks even more everything about that team from their players personalities antics and fans make me sick. Bunch of Kim Kardsians beg for attention!!!!!!

#Knickstape

This is why Knick fans get a bad rep.

Anyway, feeling is mutual. ;)

Dade County
05-29-2012, 11:49 AM
D Wade & Lbj will keep going to the rim relentlessly....

All this is going to do is get the C's into foul trouble early... then stupid fans are going to complain about how much foul calls the HEAT get :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: you can't have it both ways.

All some of you have to sit back and thank about it; Wade drives to the basket, you foul him hard as ****.... Wade goes to the line, he gets mad, he goes off; and he will keep driving to the basket getting call after call.... Your big men get into foul trouble.

Some of you fans are acting like children.... YEAH foul the HEAT hard that will show them ... smh

All this is going to do is make HEAT haters more angrier, when most of the players on that other team foul OUT. Wade & Lbj are still going to attack the basket relentlessly, hard fouls will not change that, it will just increase it.

boston just can't match up against Wade & Lbj, so what.... just except it and come up with a game plan to force the other HEAT players to step up and win the game.

And some of you posters really have hate in your heart, you need to take care of that. Trust in Yahweh!!!

Rivera
05-29-2012, 11:51 AM
I love it that rondo's showing leadership and telling his team whats up and whats real

Hoopsadvocate
05-29-2012, 11:54 AM

u obviously didnt watch the first heat celtics series before lebron where q rich took and elbow from kg then haslem pushes him across the bench like a ragdoll.

Kgs a skinny twig who talks a lot but never backs it up haslem has shown he has no problem "putting people on the ground".

smith&wesson
05-29-2012, 12:07 PM

no, protecting the paint has always been part of the game. for once boston does not have a perkins, or j oniel or baby davis to just give slashers hard fouls and make them think twice.

ManRam
I actually like that he said that. "Nothing dirty"...that's all that matters.

The Heat were getting to the rim too easily. KG is the C's only decent rim-protector, and they really don't have any huge tough guys. But it was too easy for Miami. It was a walk in the park to get to the rim. The Celtics fouled A LOT at the rim because they couldn't stop those two. If you're gonna have to rely on that, foul them harder. Send a message. Anything that says "you know, we're gonna try to protect this rim and not make it a cakewalk for you" is a necessity. If they don't do that, they've already lost.

Physical play is what they need to do more of. They don't have the speed to keep up with Miami. They don't have the three point shooting that can be the great equalizer. They don't even have the size advantage. They can show toughness, and they need to do that.

Nothing at all wrong with what he said. I actually commend him for saying it.

corky831
Obviously the celtics are gonna get in foul trouble early if wade and James attack the rim, they get every call in the book.....Stern sends out his storm troopers to do his dirty work to try and get the Heat in the finals

RaidersRush
05-29-2012, 12:10 PM
All this talk about Refs!

justinnum1
05-29-2012, 12:12 PM
Indy is a much more physical team than Boston. Not worried in the slightest if Boston wants to get physical.

Who does Boston have that can be physical? Kg? I will lmao of the refs toss him. Wade is in such a zone right now anyways. That man will keep attacking

Odominator
05-29-2012, 12:13 PM
the heat are a coward team with fake fans. 90% of u are Lecon fans from cleveland that changed teams smh. Id love to see the heat on the floor on every drive as much as i dislike celtics i hate the heat even more everything about that team from their players personalities antics and fans make me sick. Bunch of Kim Kardsians beg for attention!!!!!!

#Knickstape

LOL. I agree with you! You think Laker fans are bandwagon jumpers, but you know there are loyal bases of Laker fans that can't afford tickets to go to games regularly. The HEAT fans are just 95% bandwagoners who know nothing of Heat history and basketball.

And to the comment on Wade/Lebozo hitting the floor every game, must be easy when they flop to draw fouls all the time.

ManRam
05-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Indy is a much more physical team than Boston. Not worried in the slightest if Boston wants to get physical.

Who does Boston have that can be physical? Kg? I will lmao of the refs toss him. Wade is in such a zone right now anyways. That man will keep attacking

I agree.

But they still need to try. They gotta do something to stop those easy dunks and layups. They don't have the speed or size to stop it readily, so physicality is their next option. They have to try, and that's why I applaud Rondo for speaking up.

justinnum1
05-29-2012, 12:16 PM

I agree.

But they still need to try. They gotta do something to stop those easy dunks and layups. They don't have the speed or size to stop it readily, so physicality is their next option. They have to try, and that's why I applaud Rondo for speaking up.
Yea. I don't expect to lay down like they did last night. Dox putting kg on battier was a head scratcher.

Sadds The Gr8
05-29-2012, 12:30 PM
nothing wrong with what he said. LOL @ the OP for crying about it.

this. /thread.

meloman1592
05-29-2012, 12:42 PM
Lol at heat fans thinking haslem is a thug now

knickfan33
05-29-2012, 12:45 PM

yes, it is basketball.. or was basketball back when the sport had some toughness too it.... i was wishing the knicks had this mentallity during the series. Lebron and Wade are going to get the calls anyway, make them earn it and foul them hard, its a contact sport....

it exactly like rondo said, nothing dirty about it, but you gotta foul hard and make them think twice about going to the basket... especially when you know they are gonna gt the pitty pat foul calls anyway.

go watch some old school bsketball, there were literally tguys on teams whos only job was to come in and beat the other team up, it sucks that basketball doesnt have that toughness anymore.

Bos_Sports4Life
05-29-2012, 01:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7r6vXeOfyQ

They need to do something like that..

Reversed86Curse
05-29-2012, 01:10 PM
I applaud him for saying this, however the refs won't let it become physical against Miami.

Stinkyoutsider
05-29-2012, 01:19 PM
The Heat have played that way the entire playoffs and now when their opponent says this, it's no longer basketball? This is playoff basketball. Come into the lane like it's easy and you will get fouled hard. The NBA has been this way in the playoffs for a long time...

I see the Heat taking care of the Celtics in this series. Boston is injured and not as quick. And, the only tough inside presence for the Celtics right now is Garnett and his scoring is just as needed in this series so you can't count on KG making sure the paint is clear 100% of the time.

HowBoutDemBulls
05-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Maaan Boston had plenty of opportunities in the 4th quarter to cut down that lead and they couldn't get anything going. If they are unable to put any pressure on the Heat then this series will be a sweep. Lebron and Wade are both frontrunners not come from behind players. Boston needs to set the tone and take control early in the game. With the refs on their side and the Celtics not stopping them Lebron is comfortable and able to play his game.

metsbulls1025
05-29-2012, 01:28 PM

They are probably worried about never playing basketball again after being removed from the league by David Stern.

tcav701
05-29-2012, 01:30 PM
I love the player X could beat up player Y comments.

Nobody on PSD knows how good of a fighter any of these players are. They are all fake tough guys.

TheNumber37
05-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Fouling is part of the game. It's way of putting bad free throw shooters on the line, protecting the paint, instilling fear and intimidation on an opponent. Not trying to injure anyone... if you're "shaken up" however...

NYMetros
05-29-2012, 01:59 PM
How does that make Rondo a dirty player? Just because he wants his team to be more physical?

Wade>You
05-29-2012, 02:08 PM
I can understand playing more physical in response to physicality, but just to "send guys to the deck" because they're blowing right past you and getting a bunch of highlight plays?

That's dirty.

I can't wait till the Heat face San Antonio. The only 2 teams in the NBA that win with team work and talent.

Everyone else is just looking to gain an edge outside of the game of basketball.

jrm2054
05-29-2012, 02:08 PM
nothing wrong with these comments the heat were more physical and rondo wants the celtics to step up. He isn't saying lay lebron and wade out he is just saying make them think twice before driving with no hesitation. The heat do exactly what Rondo is telling his team to do so to say Rondo is dirty is to say the Heat are dirty go figure.

jrm2054
05-29-2012, 02:12 PM
I can understand playing more physical in response to physicality, but just to "send guys to the deck" because they're blowing right past you and getting a bunch of highlight plays?

That's dirty.

No it is called basketball. It will make the team think twice and change the way they drive. It's not dirty they aren't laying them out to hurt them they are bumping them to change the style of play all teams do it including the Heat.

natelpete
05-29-2012, 02:28 PM
This **** is getting ridiculous.

Heat fans, it's playoff basketball talk, not dirty at all. I know you're just defending your team, but doing so blindly, is foolish.

Disgruntled Knick/Bull/Laker fans, chill with the "Lebron is a ****ing *****" and "the Heat are *******" comments. It sounds pathetic and is very annoying to read every other post.

topdog
05-29-2012, 02:29 PM
u know why rondo cuz if you do some **** like that UD will **** your **** up lol

This is why I would love to see Miami lose sooner than later - whiny fans who want to act like Lebron and Wade are mistreated and other teams play dirty and then come out saying other Heat players are going to turn the game into a street fight.

Wade>You
05-29-2012, 02:34 PM
No it is called basketball. It will make the team think twice and change the way they drive. It's not dirty they aren't laying them out to hurt them they are bumping them to change the style of play all teams do it including the Heat.Ever heard of "drawing a charge?"

Dirty plays like "sending guys to the deck" is not basketball, and if the Celtics attempt it, expect retaliation. Just don't pretend like the Celtics weren't aware of the consequences of their actions.

NYMetros
05-29-2012, 02:40 PM

That's dirty.

I can't wait till the Heat face San Antonio. The only 2 teams in the NBA that win with team work and talent.

Everyone else is just looking to gain an edge outside of the game of basketball.

That's basketball though. If guys are blowing by you and getting to the rim with ease you send them to the floor so they'll think twice about going up strong next time. That's how the game's been played since it's creation. If you don't wanna get fouled then don't drive to the basket. Sorry if you don't want poor LBJ and Wade to get hit a little bit, but..http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa104/defying_sanity/dealsquirtle.gif

Wade>You
05-29-2012, 02:51 PM
That's basketball though. If guys are blowing by you and getting to the rim with ease you send them to the floor so they'll think twice about going up strong next time. That's how the game's been played since it's creation. If you don't wanna get fouled then don't drive to the basket. Sorry if you don't want poor LBJ and Wade to get hit a little bit, but..http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa104/defying_sanity/dealsquirtle.gifSorry if you don't know what drawing a charge is. The NBA has rules that allow defenses to help keep offensive players out of the lane as to avoid your bushleague tactics and ways of winning games.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-29-2012, 02:54 PM
The OP clearly read the quote the wrong way...

basketfan4life
05-29-2012, 02:56 PM

is it annoying or you love it? what is it?

Wade>You
05-29-2012, 03:00 PM
The OP clearly read the quote the wrong way...It's pretty tough to misinterpret a quote like "they have to hit the deck" after the amount of cheap shots to the head the Heat players have taken this season.

It's no secret that the only way these teams know how to win is to make it everything but a game of basketball.

That's why I can't wait to face San Antonio. The only other team in the NBA that wins with team work and talent.

Everyone else is just trying to work the refs, take cheap shots, and talk trash.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-29-2012, 03:07 PM
It's pretty tough to misinterpret a quote like "they have to hit the deck" after the amount of cheap shots to the head the Heat players have taken this season.

It's no secret that the only way these teams know how to win is to make it everything but a game of basketball.

That's why I can't wait to face San Antonio. The only other team in the NBA that wins with team work and talent.

Everyone else is just trying to work the refs, take cheap shots, and talk trash.

Holy **** what an ignorant post.

Maybe you didn't read the first two words when he says "Nothing dirty" and the paragraph above it explaining what Rondo meant. Secondly, you're acting like this "dirty" act has been happening all of the time. It's not. Also, you should probably focus on the task at hand before looking ahead. And finally, the thing that irritates me the most in this post is that you act like no one else plays with teamwork and talent. Maybe you should probably look at the other teams that are remaining as well?

effen5
05-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Fail thread

topdog
05-29-2012, 03:14 PM
It's pretty tough to misinterpret a quote like "they have to hit the deck" after the amount of cheap shots to the head the Heat players have taken this season.

Miami

Working the refs: check

Have you ever seen when Lebron/Wade don't get a call? This isn't quite what I was looking for but enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFA5vSjvzGk&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Cheap Shots: check

We all know the Pittman and Haslem ones, but lets not forget http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZVLTqV-fRE

Talking trash: check

Just one infamous example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoOXKha7uL4

P-O-Z
05-29-2012, 03:15 PM
I see a lot of crying by Non-heat fans in this thread. You guys are a joke.

ThunderousDemon
05-29-2012, 03:28 PM
I just hope we don't see allot of this:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lywfy9Wgrx1rock8jo1_400.png

Slug3
05-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Honestly if Boston thinks hard fouls is going to stop Lebron and Wade from going to the rim then good luck to them. All I see happening is their bigs will get in foul trouble and we will have to hear how the refs are in favor of the Heat.

Greet
05-29-2012, 03:36 PM
Interesting that the OP complains about 1.) teams saying they need to be physical (which every team does) and 2.) saying the NBA isn't a "true" contact sport.

MagicHero3
05-29-2012, 03:36 PM
This play sums up Wade in a nutshell.. he misses a shot/doesnt get a soft call on offense, he does this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZVLTqV-fRE

haha what a ****** move. Wade could have seriously hurt collison, but he doesnt care. Heat fans, sucks for you. Id hate to have to root for that guy.

and refs still didnt kick him out. running over a guy from behind at full speed, extending the elbow? should been suspended. but no, Stern and Wade give each other handies.

Wade>You
05-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Holy **** what an ignorant post.

Maybe you didn't read the first two words when he says "Nothing dirty" and the paragraph above it explaining what Rondo meant. Secondly, you're acting like this "dirty" act has been happening all of the time. It's not. Also, you should probably focus on the task at hand before looking ahead. And finally, the thing that irritates me the most in this post is that you act like no one else plays with teamwork and talent. Maybe you should probably look at the other teams that are remaining as well?(Grayed out the ignorant part of your post)

Too much to respond to, so I'll just say this: the Celtics haven't done anything dirty, so I will back off. They deserve a ton of credit for not stooping to that level, as well.

DaSeba5
05-29-2012, 03:43 PM
1.) There's so much whining in this thread. It's pathetic.

2.) Stop baiting Heat fans and trying to start ****. The join date doesn't mean anything; the only thing that matters is what they post. I can understand some people are trolls, but I don't generalize all Bull, Knick, and Celtic fans by what I read here. I could say every Knick fan is a whiny ***** by this thread alone.

3.) Rondo is saying they need to be more physical meaning don't let them get easy baskets. Boston has no chance if Miami keeps getting easy dunks and lay ups. They need to force LeBron and Wade to take contested jumpers, but they are in such a zone with a good ball movement that it's going to be hard to defend them.

4.) I expect game 2 to be a lot tougher and a close game.

NBAFan2012
05-29-2012, 03:43 PM
It is hard to beat a team when they get layup, after layup, after layup, after layup, after layup, after dunk, after dunk, after leak wide open dunk or layup, after layup. You know they cant shoot to save their life yet you dont make them shoot? Really?

Jumpshooting is Kryptonite for their two stars and you give them layups and dunks all game? I like Rondos thinking though but he has to wait until he is at home to do this

ManRam
05-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Saying you want them to hit the deck isn't dirty at all. Wade hits the deck on 50% of his finishes. He didn't hit the deck much last night. You can make guys second guess driving to the rim if instead of slapping at their wrists you put a little body into it. And you can put a little body into a foul without being dirty. He explicitely said "nothing dirty"...so why are we going to assume he means "something dirty"? It's physical basketball. Players hit the deck all the time. If you're gonna send a guy who is torching the first level of defense to the line, at least fould him hard...as opposed to the far-to-frequent slaps on the wrists the Celtic defenders had been doing...

This thread has gone to crap once again. People aren't going to agree, 90% of us are too bias/emotionally invested to think logically, and everyone either loves baiting the Heat or baiting the Heat-haters.

Some think it's over-the-top. Cool.

Some think it's 100% acceptable. Cool.

Hell, Heat fans who think fouling someone so "they hit the deck too" is "dirty", well, be happy he said it...because if anything the refs will be aware and look to call the game tight. And any game called tight favors the Heat because they, 9 times out of 10, are the more aggressive team and get to the rim (where most fouls occur) more than their opponent.

Moving on...

8kobe24
05-29-2012, 03:59 PM

What happened to good playoff basketball foul that you guys endorse when one of your players puts a hit on an opposing player?:eyebrow:

avrpatsfan
05-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Miami

Have you ever seen when Lebron/Wade don't get a call? This isn't quite what I was looking for but enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFA5vSjvzGk&feature=endscreen&NR=1

We all know the Pittman and Haslem ones, but lets not forget http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZVLTqV-fRE

The one where Wade jumped up and down like a little ***** with his hands in the air after he didn't get the call was hilarious :laugh2:. Those plays basically sum up who Dwayne Wade is.

(Grayed out the ignorant part of your post)

Too much to respond to, so I'll just say this: the Celtics haven't done anything dirty, so I will back off. They deserve a ton of credit for not stooping to that level, as well.
Translation: I have no way to argue this because it's well articulated and correct, so I'm going to backtrack and not respond to his post.

BklynKnicks3
05-29-2012, 04:38 PM
LOL. I agree with you! You think Laker fans are bandwagon jumpers, but you know there are loyal bases of Laker fans that can't afford tickets to go to games regularly. The HEAT fans are just 95% bandwagoners who know nothing of Heat history and basketball.

And to the comment on Wade/Lebozo hitting the floor every game, must be easy when they flop to draw fouls all the time.

funny thing is i was talkin to thsi kid other day swore he was real heat fan from before the wade/shaq ring and he couldnt name the starting line up on the only chip team. My team aint the greatest and i might not even be the greatest fan but i can name at least 10 people on each roster dating back 15 years

Green_Monster
05-29-2012, 04:41 PM
he's dead serious. and 100%right.

What if a team doesn't win enough games to get into the playoffs? Regular season counts, and there is no arguing that.

amos1er
05-29-2012, 04:43 PM
No one is able to be physical with James or Wade because if you look at either of them wrong they are shooting free throws.

8kobe24
05-29-2012, 04:51 PM
No one is able to be physical with James or Wade because if you look at either of them wrong they are shooting free throws.

I know right?! Pacers fans damn near got a T for cheering against the heat,lol

mrs rose
05-29-2012, 04:51 PM
so i wonder what would be the response if lebron james, or wade said this.. nothing dirty... but... You guys would have a field day with miami being dirty, my lord some of you still salty at heat fans? why ive been on this site before wade/james/bosh.. YOU NEVER SAW A THREAD ABOUT MIAMI ON HERE, therefanbase, you may mentioned wade in one or two but this stuff gets beyond old. Rondo is the last person who can say anything about physical play who has he played physical? mario chalmers.. gets this cry baby out of here.

Dade County
05-29-2012, 04:55 PM

When you mean physical, do you mean fouling? knocking them to the ground and no call should be made? When they are going for a lay up and they get the ball off, you what your teams players to be-able to make tough physical contact with them and NO call be made because the ball already left their hand?

Do you mean when they are taking a jump shot, you are able to make contact with them in the air? I can go on and on, but can you PLEASE let me know what you mean by "No one is able to be physical with James or Wade ".

Thank you.

Medii
05-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Why are you crying? It's the NBA stop being a ***** league.

Gormans Mic
05-29-2012, 05:00 PM

Did you miss the nothing dirty part? Fouling someone attempting to score on you is part of the game. If you match their intensity and aggressiveness, there are going to be some hard (but clean) fouls.

I don't see anything in his statement other than that....why do so many people want to turn every statement made by a player into some ridiculous soap opera event?

Gormans Mic
05-29-2012, 05:02 PM
I also don't know why people make the officiating about their team...the officiating has serious issues and its league wide. Dwade and Lebron get the same calls and treatment that Jorday, Magic, Bird, and in their prime PP, KG etc etc got. There is no vast conspiracy against any team. David Stern needs to go, thats the issue. Period.

Sactown
05-29-2012, 05:03 PM
They should smack them to the ground... you can't let a team run over you... make them at least think twice before running down the lane... there isn't anything dirty about a hard foul...

Gormans Mic
05-29-2012, 05:04 PM
so i wonder what would be the response if lebron james, or wade said this.. nothing dirty... but... You guys would have a field day with miami being dirty, my lord some of you still salty at heat fans? why ive been on this site before wade/james/bosh.. YOU NEVER SAW A THREAD ABOUT MIAMI ON HERE, therefanbase, you may mentioned wade in one or two but this stuff gets beyond old. Rondo is the last person who can say anything about physical play who has he played physical? mario chalmers.. gets this cry baby out of here.

your fan base is to busy leaving early in games and only showing up to sporting events when their team is good to be a problem. :D I kid! I kid!!! You guys at least represent better than Tampa, but so does my softball league.

mrs rose
05-29-2012, 05:07 PM
your fan base is to busy leaving early in games and only showing up to sporting events when their team is good to be a problem. :D I kid! I kid!!! You guys at least represent better than Tampa, but so does my softball league.

i mean who CARES about when we leave or not.. at the end of the day clearly the stars who came there/stayed in miami dont see it that why. again this doesnt make any sense it comes down to we got these guys and you didnt

Gormans Mic
05-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Not to mention Rondo clearly states they have to hit the deck too, as in like how Boston was getting when they attacked the basket, and again never did Rondo even remotely complain about that or hint at it being dirty, he's just saying they have to do exactly what the heat did. Which is play better defense in the paint.

Gormans Mic
05-29-2012, 05:09 PM
i mean who CARES about when we leave or not.. at the end of the day clearly the stars who came there/stayed in miami dont see it that why. again this doesnt make any sense it comes down to we got these guys and you didnt

I'm just joking man....I've been to FL many times including Miami for vacation, its beautiful! The cuban culture there is amazing! Who wouldn't want to be a millionaire who lives part time and works in Miami. :clap:

My team has had plenty of hall of fame caliber super stars and titles, its all good.

mrs rose
05-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Not to mention Rondo clearly states they have to hit the deck too, as in like how Boston was getting when they attacked the basket, and again never did Rondo even remotely complain about that or hint at it being dirty, he's just saying they have to do exactly what the heat did. Which is play better defense in the paint.

ok so if a member of the miami heat would have said the exact same thing as rondo is now, would u be cool with it

8kobe24
05-29-2012, 05:12 PM
Did you miss the nothing dirty part? Fouling someone attempting to score on you is part of the game. If you match their intensity and aggressiveness, there are going to be some hard (but clean) fouls.

I don't see anything in his statement other than that....why do so many people want to turn every statement made by a player into some ridiculous soap opera event?

SOME heat fans tend to over react, make them look like HYPOCRITES ehem wade<you ehem. When heat players fouls an opponent hard it's a good playoff foul "nothing dirty", when Rondo says "they (heat players) need to hit the deck too, NOTHING DIRTY"...all of a sudden Rondo is thug...double standard? Hypocrisy? Just sayin...

8kobe24
05-29-2012, 05:14 PM
ok so if a member of the miami heat would have said the exact same thing as rondo is now, would u be cool with it

I would be cool with it. It's nothing they haven't done before. According to most heat fans it's good playoff basketball foul. It's not dirty.

Gormans Mic
05-29-2012, 05:28 PM

Absolutely. I'm a fan of the Boston Celtics, but I try not let that shade how I view a game or what someone says. I can't tell you how many hundreds of times I've told our TV analyst Tommy Heinson to shut up and calm down about complaining.

PatsPropaganda
05-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Lol GOODLUCK.

Gormans Mic
05-29-2012, 05:30 PM
People should go back and watch playoff basketball from the Bird/Magic era and earlier, lol some have either forgot or are to young. Compared to then, its not unfair to the league today is soft.

8kobe24
05-29-2012, 05:57 PM
People should go back and watch playoff basketball from the Bird/Magic era and earlier, lol some have either forgot or are to young. Compared to then, its not unfair to the league today is soft.

+1

Not just soft, but full of flopping.

justinnum1
05-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Rondo better be careful, last time he got physical he broke his arm

kdspurman
05-29-2012, 06:25 PM

Definitely agree. Stars are very pampered now, it's not even funny.

xxplayerxx23
05-29-2012, 06:43 PM

IMO that was a cheap shot by wade, :p

Lil Rhody
05-29-2012, 07:00 PM

Basketball is a contact sport Football is a collision sport :hide:

justinnum1
05-29-2012, 07:02 PM

Everyone was crying after ud fouled Habsboro. This is just a soft generation. Someone gets their lunch money stolen and they run to tell their teacher.

tonyd3b54
05-29-2012, 07:26 PM
i pitty the intelligence of some people. i also pitty the spoiled prima dona way people are being brought up to believe. how did most professional sports get turned into slap and tickle fights? stop crying, if a team or player is getting too comfortable physicality will always be the first thing used to counter it. that means when a player is going to the hoop he is getting hit. they are going to earn those points. if this doesnt happen, your team is A) cowardly or B) just doesnt want to win the game. even tho im only in my 20's ive always been old fashion or played that way. in baseball if a player is too comfortable in the box theyre getting a fast ball high and tight. in basketball you never got a free shot at my hoop and you sure as hell didnt win the physical battle against me. ALL SPORTS HAVE HARD CONTACT! if you dont like it go watch a dart game or bowling. those are skill games that dont use contact.

LA_Raiders
05-29-2012, 08:36 PM

lol

mrs rose
05-29-2012, 08:39 PM
rondo has always been a fake tough guy.

popo85
05-29-2012, 08:41 PM
LMAO @ K.G punking Haslem, KG is all talk....

Wade>You
05-29-2012, 08:52 PM
Translation: I have no way to argue this because it's well articulated and correct, so I'm going to backtrack and not respond to his post.Translation: I don't know that the guy I'm replying to had to leave and couldn't respond in time, and even though he's making an attempt to squash it, I'm gonna be a douchebag and write back a classless comment.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-29-2012, 08:59 PM

Does this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU6I0SkVgaI) ring a bell to ya?

RB#20
05-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Love the fact that Rondo said this. If LeBron James ever tried running down the paint & dunking it while Charles Barkley or Charles Oakley were there he would get knocked on his ***. I expected the same thing from Garnett but that isnt going to happen. Playoff basketball was like a football game back in the 80's & 90's. Good for Rondo for saying this. Make 'em scurrd.

RB#20
05-29-2012, 09:10 PM

If you said that about KG, Kobe Bryant or Patrick Ewing then I'd agree with you. Rondo isnt a fake tough guy dear. Just sayin

greg_ory_2005
05-29-2012, 09:11 PM
What he is saying is true. There's nothing wrong with giving a hard foul. Unfortunately, with the way the playoffs have been so far, the refs would probably call everything a flagrant.

Green_Monster
05-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Translation: I don't know that the guy I'm replying to had to leave and couldn't respond in time, and even though he's making an attempt to squash it, I'm gonna be a douchebag and write back a classless comment.

So you say this, but still don't respond to it?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-29-2012, 09:32 PM
(Grayed out the ignorant part of your post)

....How's it too much to respond to?

PAOboston
05-29-2012, 09:53 PM
3 words: NO FREE LAYUPS. doc rivers said something along those line after the game and i'm pretty sure he passed the message on to the team.

last game was a disgrace. wade and lebron just waltzed to the hoop freely. the heat had countless of open uncontested layups. making matters worse was the celtics hoorendous f shooting and lack of fire/energy.

i'm sure the ludicrous technical foul calls probably took some confidence/aggressiveness away but it was no excuse as to the display they put on in the 3rd and 4th quarter. it was embarassing seeing lebron just laugh like that in front of kg. the c's might be old n slow but if they have any pride (which i'm pretty sure they do) they'll come out with a little more "pep" tomorrow.

Bruno
05-29-2012, 10:08 PM
nothing wrong with physical basketball. there's a difference between dirty ball and physical ball. OP wants his players coddled, and is claiming dirty motivation; it's just physical ball and Rondo is right. Boston stands no chance unless they pack the paint and play physical ball against the heist brothers.

Super.
05-30-2012, 03:41 AM

lolwut? On a clear cheap shot by Wade, only to return to the game and lead the Celtics to their only victory that series.

Not entirely sure what your trying to prove with that statement.

Super.
05-30-2012, 03:42 AM
Everyone was crying after ud fouled Habsboro. This is just a soft generation. Someone gets their lunch money stolen and they run to tell their teacher.

Says the fan of LeBron and Wade, two of the biggest babies when they want a call. :rolleyes:

avrpatsfan
05-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Translation: I don't know that the guy I'm replying to had to leave and couldn't respond in time, and even though he's making an attempt to squash it, I'm gonna be a douchebag and write back a classless comment.
Well, you still haven't responded yet to his post and you've made around 30 posts since your reply to B'sCeltsPatsSox's post, so I'm a bit curious why you haven't responded to it in full yet.

So you say this, but still don't respond to it?
It takes "too much time".

avrpatsfan
05-30-2012, 11:13 AM
lolwut? On a clear cheap shot by Wade, only to return to the game and lead the Celtics to their only victory that series.

Not entirely sure what your trying to prove with that statement.
I don't think it was a clear cheap shot, to be fair to Wade. It seemed like incidental contact there. (and I'm not one to always defend Wade, I think he's a dirty player) But that wasn't a cheap shot.

Then again, his statement was misinformed and classless. Saying "Rondo better be careful, last time he got physical he broke his arm" is basically a threat that if the Celtics play physical basketball, they'll get injured, which is classless.

Hawkeye15
05-30-2012, 11:16 AM
I have zero problem with what Rondo said. He is their floorleader, he needs to be the one bringing this up. If the Celtics don't match Miami's physicality, they stand no chance. You can't just let Wade and LeBron get layups without punishing them.

I would expect the physical play to continue, and increase actually.

Super.
05-30-2012, 12:00 PM
I expect some hard fouls tonight, maybe even a flagrant or two

Gram
05-30-2012, 04:17 PM
Why are you crying? It's the NBA stop being a ***** league.

We have a guideline that you should follow on PSD; Don't try to insult people until you have enough posts for a sig. :cool:

69centers
05-30-2012, 04:34 PM

Brandon Bass would eat Haslem for breakfast.

Fnom11
05-30-2012, 04:44 PM

No, no, no no no, no no, no, no.

Vee-Rex
05-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Miami

lol this wins the thread.

Fnom11
05-30-2012, 05:29 PM
lol this wins the thread.

Monster troll.

justinnum1
05-30-2012, 05:39 PM

lmao, no

knickfan33
05-30-2012, 06:21 PM
http://youtu.be/ktJ8S-PJGEQ
http://youtu.be/cpPgxaBtSA0
http://youtu.be/dp20_I_m8i0
http://youtu.be/rM7sIEZTFYk (the end is hysterical watch how wade waits till after the shot to grab his eye)
http://youtu.be/jFA5vSjvzGk (lmao... and now you know why we think your a baby)

these are just a few of many..... now when you knowthey are gonna get these calls anyway, shouldntyou at least make em earn it

theheatles
05-30-2012, 06:48 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::la ugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::lau gh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

NYMetros
05-30-2012, 06:50 PM

I'd call it more a dirty move by a dirty player that no one respects anymore, personally.