PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Have Won 30 Of Their Last 32 Games.

MetroMan
05-28-2012, 12:52 AM
DimeUpdate Dime Update
Also of note: The Spurs have won 30 of their last 32. GOOD GOD
:speechless:

DillyDill
05-28-2012, 12:56 AM
Man O man there a well oiled machine that's ridiculous

0nekhmer
05-28-2012, 02:26 AM
Something about the period at the end of a thread title makes me cringe. I sense bait

0nekhmer
05-28-2012, 02:29 AM
But if psd forums can be civilized, great job San Antonio!

greg_ory_2005
05-28-2012, 03:50 AM
That team is going ham.

torocan
05-28-2012, 10:14 AM
The terrifying part about SAS is in their 2 losses in the last 32 games, the Spurs were resting their Starters.

11-0
Rest the starters, lose 1
11-0
19-0 including 9 playoff games

Think about that.

Kobes a Killer
05-28-2012, 10:38 AM
The terrifying part about SAS is in their 2 losses in the last 32 games, the Spurs were resting their Starters.

11-0
11-0

Think about that.

That's stupid crazy. Imagine if they had won 32 in a row. San Antonio is scary good. Props to pops and props to their scouts, just an amazing organization

Hangtime
05-28-2012, 10:51 AM
They could have very well gotten the all time record for consecutive games won. 33 I believe was set by the 72 Lakers, but that was regular season games. This streak extends into the playoffs. Far more impressive.

Shytown
05-28-2012, 12:03 PM
The amazing thing is that Spurs probably would've been on a longer streak if Gregg Popovich didn't rest his guys.

tredigs
05-28-2012, 12:28 PM
The amazing thing is that Spurs probably would've been on a longer streak if Gregg Popovich didn't rest his guys.

I disagree. I think that's exactly WHY they're still on this streak and looking so fresh as the playoffs get deeper.

That said, they will lose very shortly here. How many times is the question.

NYY 26 to 7
05-28-2012, 12:34 PM

11-0
11-0

Think about that.

This. When you look at it like that its just absolutely amazing. Yet people still doubt them and hate on them. If you were watching all the talking heads on espn you would think the Spurs had no chance and the playoffs were worthless because it was going to be Heat-OKC and no one else mattered. But congrats Spurs its pretty amazing what they've done.

tredigs
05-28-2012, 12:47 PM
This. When you look at it like that its just absolutely amazing. Yet people still doubt them and hate on them. If you were watching all the talking heads on espn you would think the Spurs had no chance and the playoffs were worthless because it was going to be Heat-OKC and no one else mattered. But congrats Spurs its pretty amazing what they've done.

People like to say things like this, but I saw the official picks on the series from ESPN's NBA analysts and only one person had the Thunder (in 7). Everyone else has San Antonio in the finals, and that is the general consensus among everyone period. I'd challenge you to find 5 reputable analysts who don't have the Spurs as a legitimate and/or top contender at this point.

Before the playoffs? Different story. But given San Antonio's recent past those were legitimate concerns. I still am taking OKC in this series - although this is the best version of San Antonio we've seen in 5 years.

JasonJohnHorn
05-28-2012, 05:06 PM
I think it has something to do with the awesomeness of the Spurs that they did that. I can't think of any other explanation. I can't wait to see Rivers and Pop square off in the finals and see Duncan and Garnett.... I'm getting hard just thinking about it.

justinnum1
05-28-2012, 05:06 PM
I think it has something to do with the awesomeness of the Spurs that they did that. I can't think of any other explanation. I can't wait to see Rivers and Pop square off in the finals and see Duncan and Garnett.... I'm getting hard just thinking about it.

Boston wont be in the finals tho.

JasonJohnHorn
05-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Boston wont be in the finals tho.

Let me dream.

Seriously though... if Bosh isn't playing the Celtics have a shot.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Even if San Antonio makes the finals, they're losing their very 1st ever finals appearance in franchise history to Miami. LeBron and Wade are too good, and I'm sure LeBron remembers when he had his first shot at a title in his 4th yr and was swept by the Spurs in 4. He's going to have revenge on his mind and will get that first title.

So let the Spurs win the rest of these conference finals, but I still seeing Miami ending their dominance.

Holydiver
05-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Manu is a pimp.

Spurs didn't even have to have 3 superstars collude to do it either

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Manu is a pimple

Fixed. ;)

LAKERS4LIFE!!
05-28-2012, 05:43 PM

11-0
11-0

Think about that.

The Spurs did get destroyed on their home court to the Lakers(without Kobe, game where Bynum grabbed 30 boards) and all of their starters were playing. Doesn't matter though, definitely my favorites and I'm positive Duncan will get ring #5 this year. That TEAM plays so well together.

Longhornfan1234
05-28-2012, 06:18 PM
The Spurs got lucky last night. Watch last night's game over again. The single biggest reason that OKC lost is that they gave up 39 4th quarter points with Ibaka on the bench. When Ibaka was in the game it allowed the Thunder to be super agressive on defense knowing that if they got beat they had the best shot blocker in the game to protect them. When he was out the Spurs got to the rim or found wide open guys on the perimeter non-stop! Brooks was an idiot for allowing him to only play 23 minutes. While Westbrook and Harden need to play better on offense, I still think Ibaka is the key.

Also, Durant will get his. Despite the Spurs running 2-3 guys at Durant constantly when he drove he still had a great game but others have to hit open looks. The Thunder will win easily tomorrow.

kdspurman
05-28-2012, 06:46 PM
The Spurs got lucky last night. Watch last night's game over again. The single biggest reason that OKC lost is that they gave up 39 4th quarter points with Ibaka on the bench. When Ibaka was in the game it allowed the Thunder to be super agressive on defense knowing that if they got beat they had the best shot blocker in the game to protect them. When he was out the Spurs got to the rim or found wide open guys on the perimeter non-stop! Brooks was an idiot for allowing him to only play 23 minutes. While Westbrook and Harden need to play better on offense, I still think Ibaka is the key.

Also, Durant will get his. Despite the Spurs running 2-3 guys at Durant constantly when he drove he still had a great game but others have to hit open looks. The Thunder will win easily tomorrow.

Durant will always get his, but they will make him work. You think it's as simple as playing Ibaka = Win but there's obviously more to it. Regardless SA turned the ball over 3x in the 2nd half vs 14 in the 1st. They were clearly rusty and I think you'll see in game 2 what you're saying is not necessarily true...