PDA

View Full Version : Headache for headache, should the Knicks trade Melo for Bynum?

KniCks4LiFe
05-27-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm thinking this straight. Amar'e is not getting traded. That contract is not one teams will take. But Melo is not a winning player. In the span of 2 yrs. he has disrupted team chemistry, gotten a coach fired, played his own style and his effort has been lackadasical. It's not worth the headache in NY, especially w/ Brooklyn coming up. As for LA, you guys have issues w/ Bynum and are thinking who is next after Kobe.

The proposal is here. I've said it before and echoed it.

Carmelo Anthony

for

Andrew Bynum and Steve Blake + pick or Jordan Hill

LA gets Kobe somebody that can shoot in pressure other than him and space the floor.

On the Knicks side I'm thinking Amar'e off the bench to save his career.

PG - Lin
SG - Shumpert
SF - TBA
PF - Chandler
C - Bynum

2nd unit

PG - Blake
SG - Fields or TBA
SF - Novak
PF - Harrelson or hopefully J.Hill
C - Stoudamire

13th Jerome Jordan
14th Toney Douglas unless we trade him

Lakers new starting 5

PG - Sessions
SG - Bryant
SF - Artest
PF - Anthony
C - Gasol

IDK your bench too much. I think headache for headache works. Pick n' roll b-ball and post offense for the Knicks, w/ spread offense, off screen ball for LA and 1 good iso player w/ a NBA great in Kobe, maybe Gasol gets better too.

TheJesus
05-27-2012, 02:22 PM
The Lakers would never do this trade. Kobe and Amare is the worst pairing in the world. You have a ballhog and a ballhog?

Gram
05-27-2012, 02:23 PM
LA says no.

KniCks4LiFe
05-27-2012, 02:23 PM
The Lakers would never do this trade. Kobe and Amare is the worst pairing in the world. You have a ballhog and a ballhog?

I didn't say Amar'e, I said Melo.

TheJesus
05-27-2012, 02:24 PM
I meant Melo. Kobe and Melo wouldn't work. Melo is a ballhog. They both are ballhogs.

How does Melo fit in the "pass it to Kobe" offense?

utl768
05-27-2012, 02:24 PM
the knicks would do the trade in 5 secs

problem is the lakers wouldnt

LAKobeBryant
05-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Stupid, one team has 2 sf no center and the other team vise versa stacking 1 position is a no no

TheJesus
05-27-2012, 02:26 PM
People don't understand that Kobe has commandeered all of the basketballs in the LA-Metro area. No one is allowed to shoot the ball but Kobe. How in the world would Melo fit? The proposal is the LOLs.

KniCks4LiFe
05-27-2012, 02:27 PM
I meant Melo. Kobe and Melo wouldn't work. Melo is a ballhog. They both are ballhogs.

they work offscreens. He takes over the Robin role in LA. Melo is not taking shots away from Kobe, Kobe is like the big brother to him. Sessions running the point here would be key. And before anyone saids why Melo, b/c I'm not unrealistic here, if I'm taking Bynum from LA, it has to be for Melo, b/c it's about transforming your offense in NY and in LA.

KniCks4LiFe
05-27-2012, 02:29 PM
the knicks would do the trade in 5 secs

problem is the lakers wouldnt

correction Knicks fans would, the Knicks IDK. LA would think about it. B/c if Kobe had to decide Melo or Bynum, he'd say adios to Bynum.

TheJesus
05-27-2012, 02:30 PM
they work offscreens. He takes over the Robin role in LA. Melo is not taking shots away from Kobe, Kobe is like the big brother to him. Sessions running the point here would be key. And before anyone saids why Melo, b/c I'm not unrealistic here, if I'm taking Bynum from LA, it has to be for Melo, b/c it's about transforming your offense in NY and in LA.

LMAO. You think Melo wouldn't complain that he's not getting the ball enough? Is this the same Carmelo Anthony that played at Syracuse? That guy? Do we have the same human being?

KniCks4LiFe
05-27-2012, 02:32 PM
LMAO. You think Melo wouldn't complain that he's not getting the ball enough? Is this the same Carmelo Anthony that played at Syracuse? That guy? Do we have the same human being?

Yes he wouldn't. B/c I doubt he has the balls to take the ball away from Kobe. He knows he can't there. In NY he knows no better.

TheJesus
05-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Yes he wouldn't. B/c I doubt he has the balls to take the ball away from Kobe. He knows he can't there. In NY he knows no better.

You just called him a headache. Why? Because he IS a headache. How many headaches do you know willingly go to a new place and accept a Robin role when their entire career they have been Batman?

It's Melo. He's a one-dimensional ballhog that provides half the value an injured Bynum does. You're stuck with him for 3 years. Enjoy.

xxplayerxx23
05-27-2012, 02:37 PM
No thanks Bynum is a headace, Immature, He has mental promblems, we would have a logjam at the 4,5 No thanks. You always lobby against melo no surprise you would make this thread

KniCks4LiFe
05-27-2012, 02:37 PM
I don't think he's one-dimensional. I just think he looks at his NY stature and gets full of it. He thinks he's great. Bynum hasn't been loved in LA from what I hear. The offense is not built around him, there's issues there in LA. I'm just proposing headache for headache.

No thanks Bynum is a headace, Immature, He has mental promblems, we would have a logjam at the 4,5 No thanks. You always lobby against melo no surprise you would make this thread

Unbelieveable. Always? Like I had no reason? like he didn't quit? he didn't get a coach fired? he didn't stagnate an offense? it had it's quirks but com'on homie. I remember when I was homering up Melo. It's called being realistic here.

Cfrey
05-27-2012, 02:46 PM
lol this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for either team

mdm692
05-27-2012, 02:46 PM
How about gasol and bynum for stat and chandler.

KingOfSanJose
05-27-2012, 02:47 PM
It could work. Melo has played the second option before. Have you all forgotten about AI? That was his team. Not melo's

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-27-2012, 02:47 PM
That offer was on the table at the 2011 deadline, but Jimbaco didn't go for it. That team would have gone on to win the title and 3-peated if this happened.

Derek Fisher
Kobe Bryant
Carmelo Anthony
Lamar Odom
Pau Gasol

Bench

Steve Blake
Matt Barnes
Shannon Brown
Ron Artest
Devin Ebanks
Derrick Caracter
Luke Walton
Theo Ratliff
Joe Smith

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-27-2012, 02:49 PM

What an ignorant, inaccurate and overall dumb post. :pity:

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-27-2012, 02:49 PM

No.

KniCks4LiFe
05-27-2012, 02:52 PM

I'm a Knicks fan. They would never even on a drunken sailor night do that deal.

KingOfSanJose
05-27-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm tired of seeing LA fans trying to propose deals for gasol... Nobody wants pau gasol lol

smith&wesson
05-27-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm thinking this straight. Amar'e is not getting traded. That contract is not one teams will take. But Melo is not a winning player. In the span of 2 yrs. he has disrupted team chemistry, gotten a coach fired, played his own style and his effort has been lackadasical. It's not worth the headache in NY, especially w/ Brooklyn coming up. As for LA, you guys have issues w/ Bynum and are thinking who is next after Kobe.

Carmelo Anthony

for

LA gets Kobe somebody that can shoot in pressure other than him and space the floor.

PG - Lin
SG - Shumpert
SF - TBA
PF - Chandler
C - Bynum

2nd unit

PG - Blake
SG - Fields or TBA
SF - Novak
C - Stoudamire

13th Jerome Jordan

Lakers new starting 5

PG - Sessions
SG - Bryant
SF - Artest
PF - Anthony
C - Gasol

IDK your bench too much. I think headache for headache works. Pick n' roll b-ball and post offense for the Knicks, w/ spread offense, off screen ball for LA and 1 good iso player w/ a NBA great in Kobe, maybe Gasol gets better too.

So the lakers go from having a power front court with gasol and bynum to an undersized one ? also neither of gasol or melo are great defenders. that front court would be garbage in the west.

your better off proposing amare & chandler for bynum & gasol. which still wouldnt make alot of sence.

KniCks4LiFe
05-27-2012, 02:56 PM
I'm tired of seeing LA fans trying to propose deals for gasol... Nobody wants pau gasol lol

there are suitors for Gasol. But that's not the topic here. And yes teams would want Gasol, Indy would want him, Philly would want him, Chicago, just to name a few. But that's not what this thread is about homie.:cool:

So the lakers go from having a power front court with gasol and bynum to an undersized one ? also neither of gasol or melo are great defenders. that front court would be garbage in the west.

your better off proposing amare & chandler for bynum & gasol. which still wouldnt make alot of sence.

LA would still have McRoberts off the bench and the exception to get back Lamar Odom. LA wouldn't want Amar'e b/c of his contract and back health. That's just a reality. Chandler is the Knicks main defensive piece, I don't think he works for LA.

xxplayerxx23
05-27-2012, 02:57 PM
I don't think he's one-dimensional. I just think he looks at his NY stature and gets full of it. He thinks he's great. Bynum hasn't been loved in LA from what I hear. The offense is not built around him, there's issues there in LA. I'm just proposing headache for headache.

Unbelieveable. Always? Like I had no reason? like he didn't quit? he didn't get a coach fired? he didn't stagnate an offense? it had it's quirks but com'on homie. I remember when I was homering up Melo. It's called being realistic here.

Yes always, Unbelieveable he has his faults, "homie" You are correct with that but he never did anything good enough for you or your side of knick fans,, Man he isnt going anywhere it would be a fair trade in terms of talent but makes no sense, Please Amare bynum and chandler one off the bench doesnt work. Bynum is an immature headace who no doubt is a beast and has potential to be the best center in the league but is number2 and prob will stay there. No thanks on the trade

meloman1592
05-27-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm keeping Melo....Bynum is a crybaby

xxplayerxx23
05-27-2012, 02:59 PM

It makes sense to me opition 2 ofcourse :D

Chacarron
05-27-2012, 03:01 PM
As much as I love Melo, he wouldn't coexist with Kobe.

blob50192
05-27-2012, 03:01 PM
This postis sooo freeakin stupid, Tyson a pf? stat on bench? Toney D a 14 man? on top of this neither team would do this deal

KniCks4LiFe
05-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Yes always, Unbelieveable he has his faults, "homie" You are correct with that but he never did anything good enough for you or your side of knick fans,, Man he isnt going anywhere it would be a fair trade in terms of talent but makes no sense, Please Amare bynum and chandler one off the bench doesnt work. Bynum is an immature headace who no doubt is a beast and has potential to be the best center in the league but is number2 and prob will stay there. No thanks on the trade

Bynum is one of the top 2 centers in the game. You act like I'm dealing Melo for garbage. As for the bench depth, are you kidding me? Bynum and Chandler start Stat and Harrelson off the bench, who the hell would hate that?

Bynum isn't the focus in LA's offensive scheme, the dude is a beast if he's force fed and draws more trips to the line than Melo has his whole tenure in NY. Oh and you know what else he does, he balances a floor offense, he prevents layups and gets you 2nd and 3rd oppurtunities by rebounding.

willabeast77
05-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Kobe and Carmelo wouldn't work as people think. It seems a little similar to the pairing of Iverson and Carmelo.

meloman1592
05-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Kobe and Carmelo wouldn't work as people think. It seems a little similar to the pairing of Iverson and Carmelo.

You would have been better off saying they won't work as players. They have both publicly stated their respect for one another and how close they were at the olympics 4 years ago. I can actually see Kobe playing off Melo because unlike other players, Kobe actually likes and respects him

D12 fan
05-27-2012, 03:14 PM

Yeah,imagine kobe/Melo taking 40+ shots a game,that wouldn't be a great fit.It would be iso Kobe/Melo offense,and neither plays well without the ball.

Kobe/Bynum for Melo,Chandler is a better trade.

smith&wesson
05-27-2012, 03:15 PM
It makes sense to me opition 2 ofcourse :D

Well chandler doesnt command as many touches as bynum or gasol and he gets his points off of put backs and cleaning the boards. this would make sence playing with kobe.

and amare can be the clear cut number two option who can do the pick and roll and pick and pop with kobe which would make him a focal point in the offense again. something amare needs to be effective.

as it is right now amare and melo can not paly together. i think it would actually make sence for both teams if we reallly think about it.

MagicBucsSox
05-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Lal already turned this down before the melo trade

NYY 26 to 7
05-27-2012, 03:19 PM
No way why would the Knicks want this? So we can have 2 centers? What kind of offense is that? Amare first of all wouldn't be on the bench behind chandler - chandler would be a 14 million back up. The Knicks aren't making any trades stop it. This is also by far the dumbest one I've seen.

KniCks4LiFe
05-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Well chandler doesnt command as many touches as bynum or gasol and he gets his points off of put backs and cleaning the boards. this would make sence playing with kobe.

and amare can be the clear cut number two option who can do the pick and roll and pick and pop with kobe which would make him a focal point in the offense again. something amare needs to be effective.

as it is right now amare and melo can not paly together. i think it would actually make sence for both teams if we reallly think about it.

Amar'e's back isn't insured. Bynum is a top 2 center in the NBA, if you're LA and the Knicks come to you w/ Stat and Chandler do you honestly tell Laker nation, that's the deal?

Kobe and Melo actually work together, this works for both teams b/c of spacing on both teams. And in LA, Kobe isn't getting any younger, he goes down, what do you have? For the Knicks if Bynum doesn't work, he only has 2 yrs. left on the contract and he still can bring back assets. I think Lin/Chandler/Bynum ofcourse something else via FA, that can work better than what the Knicks have now. I just know it's not going to work in NY for Melo. Rather than dwell for it till he loses value, get the maximum value that you can for him. A top 2 center works.

LongIslandIcedZ
05-27-2012, 03:30 PM
No chance, much rather the way it is now

HOZ THE KNICK
05-27-2012, 03:40 PM
i would rather keep melo than get bynum....chandler for bynum?

faze38
05-27-2012, 03:45 PM
correction Knicks fans would, the Knicks IDK. LA would think about it. B/c if Kobe had to decide Melo or Bynum, he'd say adios to Bynum.

Says who I would never do that trade I would keep Melo. If I could get Bynum next to Melo thats is one thing but Melo for Bynum is insane.

TallicaFan87
05-27-2012, 03:47 PM
This trade couldn't make any less sense for both teams.

KniCks4LiFe
05-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Says who I would never do that trade I would keep Melo. If I could get Bynum next to Melo thats is one thing but Melo for Bynum is insane.

I didn't say all Knicks fans. I said Knicks fans would. As for Melo, it's just not going to work, rather than go through 4-5 yrs. of this I'd get back the team concept we've had all the times Melo wasn't here. Bynum would be incredible as the post option and can run pick n' roll. So that's where I'm at.

thedfactor
05-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Terrible trade for the Lakers, they can probably get their SF in Iguodala this summer for less

shep33
05-27-2012, 03:54 PM

I disagree. Not many 3rd options can get you 17.4 ppg, 10 rpg, and 1.4 blocks.

ThunderousDemon
05-27-2012, 03:59 PM
lol never trade bynum for melo. maybe a few years ago,but not now.

mkdo
05-27-2012, 03:59 PM

Carmelo Anthony

for

PG - Lin
SG - Shumpert
SF - TBA
PF - Chandler
C - Bynum

2nd unit

PG - Blake
SG - Fields or TBA
SF - Novak
C - Stoudamire

13th Jerome Jordan

Lakers new starting 5

PG - Sessions
SG - Bryant
SF - Artest
PF - Anthony
C - Gasol

just plain stupid

DasBoot
05-27-2012, 04:00 PM

Speak for yourself dude. Melo gets wet when given the floor... the problem is Amare.

D12 fan
05-27-2012, 04:05 PM
I disagree. Not many 3rd options can get you 17.4 ppg, 10 rpg, and 1.4 blocks.

Stats or misleading,Gasol has become known around the league as a soft big,with no fight.

KniCks4LiFe
05-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Speak for yourself dude. Melo gets wet when given the floor... the problem is Amare.

I never was speaking for you homie. And Melo's offense isn't any different than Iso-Joe, so not much of a value to me. Definitely tradeable for a Bynum? he's 24 and already a top 2 center. LA would be the biggest issue for this deal.

sep11ie
05-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Where do you people come up with this stuff?

shep33
05-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Stats or misleading,Gasol has become known around the league as a soft big,with no fight.

That's saying something then. "A soft big" outworked Kevin Garnett, Nene, and Dwight Howard, and other quality bigs to win two NBA titles. Sure he's soft at times, but he's still a very good player.

KniCks4LiFe
05-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Where do you people come up with this stuff?

it's not coming up w/ anything, that deal has already been out there. It's basically revisiting 27 yr. old headache for 24 yr. old headache.

D12 fan
05-27-2012, 04:11 PM
That's saying something then. "A soft big" outworked Kevin Garnett, Nene, and Dwight Howard to win two NBA titles. Sure he's soft at times, but he's still a very good player.

LOL,Please tell me you are not serious?

If he's not soft,then why Lakers fans want to get rid of him?

shep33
05-27-2012, 04:17 PM
LOL,Please tell me you are not serious?

If he's not soft,then why Lakers fans want to get rid of him?

Pau + Bynum doesn't work, it never has. We're too slow with that front line, and we lack depth. I'm all for keeping Pau if we can somehow get a bench. Remember, the Lakers bench was the worst in the NBA this year. One of the worst 3 point shooting teams, and we had the worst production at the pg and sf positions combined.

Lot of holes to fill, no cap room, so somebody likely has to go. People make fun of Pau, but he puts up better numbers than Bosh, Boozer, Amare, etc. Oh and he's more durable than most pf's.

I don't understand your "you are not serious" comment. I stated facts. Pau outplayed a bunch of very good bigs to help win us two titles.

D12 fan
05-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Pau + Bynum doesn't work, it never has. We're too slow with that front line, and we lack depth. I'm all for keeping Pau if we can somehow get a bench. Remember, the Lakers bench was the worst in the NBA this year. One of the worst 3 point shooting teams, and we had the worst production at the pg and sf positions combined.

Lot of holes to fill, no cap room, so somebody likely has to go. People make fun of Pau, but he puts up better numbers than Bosh, Boozer, Amare, etc. Oh and he's more durable than most pf's.

I don't understand your "you are not serious" comment. I stated facts. Pau outplayed a bunch of very good bigs to help win us two titles.

So Pau/Bynum doesn't work but you won 2 titles,doesn't make sense,please explain?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-27-2012, 04:23 PM
I find it pretty funny when Knicks fans are saying that Bynum is immature seeing that Melo is just as immature as him...

episodenone
05-27-2012, 04:29 PM
This trade makes no sense.

Where did you come up with this idea?

LongIslandIcedZ
05-27-2012, 04:29 PM
I find it pretty funny when Knicks fans are saying that Bynum is immature seeing that Melo is just as immature as him...

I think the point is that they would be bringing a more immature player (IMO of course), to play with 2 guys who already occupy the front court.

episodenone
05-27-2012, 04:30 PM
So Pau/Bynum doesn't work but you won 2 titles,doesn't make sense,please explain?

Pau/Bynum + Kobe

We'd be giving up our Kobe for Bynum -- i mean...

this thread isn't for me

KniCks4LiFe
05-27-2012, 04:36 PM
I think the point is that they would be bringing a more immature player (IMO of course), to play with 2 guys who already occupy the front court.

You think Bynum is more immature than Melo?:confused:

TheNumber37
05-27-2012, 04:40 PM
melo> Bynum
and there's no way you can equate these two headache.
a large, athletic, young center with potential to be best at his position in the league who commits horrible fouls and doesn't care where he plays next year. ill take the other guys fighting to be 3rd best at his position, who is improving defensively. what's the knock on him, he's an unstoppable clutch scorer who likes to shoot a lot?
small headache, Bynum is a migrane. One large, often injured migrane

KniCks4LiFe
05-27-2012, 04:44 PM
melo> Bynum
and there's no way you can equate these two headache.
a large, athletic, young center with potential to be best at his position in the league who commits horrible fouls and doesn't care where he plays next year. ill take the other guys fighting to be 3rd best at his position, who is improving defensively. what's the knock on him, he's an unstoppable clutch scorer who likes to shoot a lot?
small headache, Bynum is a migrane. One large, often injured migrane

so Bynum's knocks is he takes the shots Kobe allows him to take, and never sees the ball when he gets in position. At 24 unfortunately he can't demand the ball. Melo, oh man, you really think his fault is just shooting alot?

Raps08-09 Champ
05-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Carmelo and Kobe on the same team?

:laugh2:

stensley
05-27-2012, 04:59 PM

At least Kobe plays defense, the next time Melo plays d it will be his first time:)

$GangGr33n$
05-27-2012, 05:01 PM
this is the worst trade proposal of ALL TIME! both teams get a huge downgrade Melo + Kobe will never work and then having Chandler + Bynum creates less than Amare + Chandler and who ould even be the knicks SF after this? ******** proposal

shep33
05-27-2012, 05:14 PM

Any Laker fan will tell you this, not just myself. We won titles with a Kobe + Pau 1-2 punch, and Odom playing significant minutes up front with Pau. Think about it, Bynum's impact against the Magic was close to nothing. He played 19 mpg, coming off of a knee injury. Against the Celts? I give Drew credit, he was playing hurt, but it was Pau + Odom that closed out games all the time, and game 7 mind you.

lavell12
05-27-2012, 05:14 PM
This might be the best thing for Melo's career thoughl, Kobe would not tolerate his crap and I think it would make him a better overall player. I think the Lakers would need a new coach to do this though.

shep33
05-27-2012, 05:15 PM
I think everyone can agree that this trade makes both teams worse

KniCks4LiFe
05-27-2012, 05:15 PM
this is the worst trade proposal of ALL TIME! both teams get a huge downgrade Melo + Kobe will never work and then having Chandler + Bynum creates less than Amare + Chandler and who ould even be the knicks SF after this? ******** proposal

Bynum creates less? you have to double him in the post, he can pass and the wingers can pick you apart, Chandler has easy dunks, the rebounding improves... really LA is the team that gets to be skeptical about this. NY I doubt they won't improve.

smood999
05-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Bynum creates less? you have to double him in the post, he can pass and the wingers can pick you apart, Chandler has easy dunks, the rebounding improves... really LA is the team that gets to be skeptical about this. NY I doubt they won't improve.

I didn't realize Melo was such a headache especially when compared to Bynum..2nd, Melo only shot alot when he had to...when the Knicks were healthy...he shot 17 times a game..avg 18 shots on the season and obviously that was raised after Lin and Stat's injuries...

Also, I've rarely seen Melo miss the open man cutting to the basket...you think Bynum is a better passer or that Melo doesn't draw as many double teams if not more? You made a comment about Bynum getting to the line..did you not realize that Melo was always at the top of the league getting to the line..he was number 7 this year...

So now the Knicks have Bynum, Chandler, Stat which makes no sense as far as the roles you'd be paying Chandler or Stat to have...but the Knicks have a terrible backcourt to begin with...you'd be taking the only threat they have on the wing...what do they do now? Orl as good as Howard has been, their issue is that they don't have a wing scorer to compliment Howard. How good will the Knicks really be with Bynum instead?

Melo had a terrible season overall, we all know that...I'll take the previoius 8 yr sample espcially considering that he's not old. We can argue about how good Melo is all day, that's not my point though. This was his worst statistical season since his rookie season..he will revert to his norm which will be alot better than what we got this season...

Typical NY fans want to trade and get rid of everybody if you don't get the results now. Good thing the Giants organization stuck to its guns or Coughlin would've been fired and Eli gone right? what you're doing is exactly what Isiah Thomas did..and yet people still feel they have a right to criticize him and make him hated when in actuality he acted just like the stereotypical NY fan...

How bout the Knicks get some stabilty and build a team from within and with improvement from within and continuity, etc.? Aren't we sick of these "quick" fixes...go look throughout NBA history..most teams aren't built like the Heat and the Celtics...let the team grow..the Knick organization should be preaching stability...we had 9 new players on the roster this season...Lin only started 26 games...J.R. came midway...Stat and Melo missed a handful of games due to injuries...there was a coaching change and a GM change...when is enough enough??? Through all this what people seem to ignore is that the Knicks has their most successful season in over a decade...the highest winning percentage in over a decade and finally won a playoff game...am I satisfied? no...but is it an improvement? yes...

They finished the season 18-6..that's what I want brought into next season...there's no shame in losing to the Heat...last season every team in the east lost to them in 5..I didn't see them breaking up everything...hell Indy brought it to 6 but without Bosh..what would've happened if Bosh was playing...would Indy want to tear the whole thing down too?

Damn not using this as an excuse MIA is the better team without a doubt, but how can we fairly judge where the Knicks are as a team when they didn't have a full roster back to back years in the playoffs? Are you ready to judge this team based on what they were without Lin, a one handed Amare, Tyson not Tyson for the first 2 games, Shump tearing his ACL, Jeffries bum knee and Davis tearing his ACL? That was the reality of the situation...I'm not going to pass judgement on a team with all those issues and I'm not going to blame Melo or any single one player...truth be told the last 2 months of the season and the playoffs Melo did what he had to do to get us into the playoffs and it worked...

They may not be there with MIA but this team as constructed is alot better than what they showed...if not you or anyone else wouldn't be thinking they underachieved...

KniCks4LiFe
05-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Typical NY fans want to trade and get rid of everybody if you don't get the results now. Good thing the Giants organization stuck to its guns or Coughlin would've been fired and Eli gone right? what you're doing is exactly what Isiah Thomas did..and yet people still feel they have a right to criticize him and make him hated when in actuality he acted just like the stereotypical NY fan...

How bout the Knicks get some stabilty and build a team from within and with improvement from within and continuity, etc.? Aren't we sick of these "quick" fixes...go look throughout NBA history..most teams aren't built like the Heat and the Celtics...let the team grow..the Knick organization should be preaching stability...we had 9 new players on the roster this season...Lin only started 26 games...J.R. came midway...Stat and Melo missed a handful of games due to injuries...there was a coaching change and a GM change...when is enough enough??? Through all this what people seem to ignore is that the Knicks has their most successful season in over a decade...the highest winning percentage in over a decade and finally won a playoff game...am I satisfied? no...but is it an improvement? yes...

Eli was a team guy first. I've always been a backer of Eli since he was drafted. You're making comparisons to the Giants? Coughlin coached teams prior to being a Giants coach, he coached some of the biggest upsets in NFL history. Carmelo Anthony has literally been a cancer in the locker room and has completely destroyed any structure this offense use to have. Eli Manning made players around him better, that's how they stuck him w/ any rookie from training camp and he literally made them NFL stars. From Hixon who wasn't a rookie, to Bradshaw, to Boss, Nicks, butterfingers Mario, who finally caught the ball in the post season at crucial moments, to Victor Cruuuuuuuuuz. Melo hasn't done any of this? how do you go comparing the situations homie. As a diehard Giants fan I'm actually offended by the comparisons. The only real comparison the Giants have to the Knicks is Jeremy Lin, Tyson Chandler, Jared Jefferies and Iman Shumpert, that's all.

I'm for stability, but I don't think I need more reasoning in putting 2 + 2 = won't work. The Melo + Stat experiment is a failure, either A) one is too brittle or B) one is too selfish to make it work.

I'm not even sure it needs to be defended. Top center in the game who is 24 in exchange for a square peg in a round hole in Carmelo Anthony, who is 27 and still has top value. The warning signs of a player who isn't into taking care of his physical health is there. Coming to camp out of shape when you're 27, the will isn't there for this team from him. I'm worried when he turns 30 and gets slower and such, LA would actually do him good, as for Bynum he's from the tri-state and would start his own potential legend in NY going up against Dwight Howard and Lebron and such. I said my piece on this, the thread was made as a revisit the trade scenerio, I don't see why not.

And don't ever compare this Knicks organization to the Giants. Just don't!

$GangGr33n$
05-29-2012, 12:04 AM

thats all great but thats 2 players who CANT shoot at all so they'll clog up the entire paint which means no driving lanes for the rest of the team. Just my opinion though, to each their own i guess

GREATNESS ONE
05-29-2012, 01:21 AM
Carmelo and Kobe on the same team?

:laugh2:

:laugh:

smood999
06-05-2012, 06:15 AM
Eli was a team guy first. I've always been a backer of Eli since he was drafted. You're making comparisons to the Giants? Coughlin coached teams prior to being a Giants coach, he coached some of the biggest upsets in NFL history. Carmelo Anthony has literally been a cancer in the locker room and has completely destroyed any structure this offense use to have. Eli Manning made players around him better, that's how they stuck him w/ any rookie from training camp and he literally made them NFL stars. From Hixon who wasn't a rookie, to Bradshaw, to Boss, Nicks, butterfingers Mario, who finally caught the ball in the post season at crucial moments, to Victor Cruuuuuuuuuz. Melo hasn't done any of this? how do you go comparing the situations homie. As a diehard Giants fan I'm actually offended by the comparisons. The only real comparison the Giants have to the Knicks is Jeremy Lin, Tyson Chandler, Jared Jefferies and Iman Shumpert, that's all.

I'm for stability, but I don't think I need more reasoning in putting 2 + 2 = won't work. The Melo + Stat experiment is a failure, either A) one is too brittle or B) one is too selfish to make it work.

I'm not even sure it needs to be defended. Top center in the game who is 24 in exchange for a square peg in a round hole in Carmelo Anthony, who is 27 and still has top value. The warning signs of a player who isn't into taking care of his physical health is there. Coming to camp out of shape when you're 27, the will isn't there for this team from him. I'm worried when he turns 30 and gets slower and such, LA would actually do him good, as for Bynum he's from the tri-state and would start his own potential legend in NY going up against Dwight Howard and Lebron and such. I said my piece on this, the thread was made as a revisit the trade scenerio, I don't see why not.

And don't ever compare this Knicks organization to the Giants. Just don't!

You completely missed the point...I was showing how fickle NY fans can be. I'll assume you live in the area and if so you know by week 10 or so this past year...the talk was Coughlin getting fired and that there's always been heavy criticism of Eli throughout his career....that was the point...not Giants=Knicks...just how NY fans are in general..Coughlin goes from being on the hot seat and people wanting him gone to winning the Superbowl weeks later...