PDA

View Full Version : If the 76ers had made it to the ECF, would you have watched?

AMushroomStamp
05-27-2012, 12:32 PM
would you watch the series if it had been MIA vs PHI? no disrespect to 76er fans, of course they would watch, and im sure their team is good because they managed to win a series and took the celtics to 7 and all, but who seriously would have watched them play Miami?

would they have had a chance in the series? to me, that would have been the equivalent of watching the thunder play the jazz or something in the WCF, it would be a complete and total borefest

to be honest, the only series i have watched this playoffs is: clippers vs grizzlies, bulls vs sixers, lakers vs thunder and lakers vs nuggets

i had no intrest in NY vs MIA after game 1, because i knew they couldnt possibly win more than 2 games, and they ended up winning 1.

i didnt watch the pacers vs magic series because the magic suck

i didnt watch the spurs vs jazz series because i knew they had no chance

i attempted to watch boston vs atl,but the games just started too early and some were on nba tv so i didnt even know they played sometimes

i will probably watch most of the boston vs miami series, and maybe a few thunder vs spurs games if the first few games arent lopsided

to be honest, over the past 2 seasons, when my teams have been elimnated, i stop caring for basketball, and this never used to happen to me. but like after the little era(from like 2007-2010 or whatever) we had of boston vs la, i lost interest

i mean mavericks vs miami? really? i probably watched maybe 3 games( while simultaniously watching summerjam online, which i will no doubt do again if its spurs vs miami or something)

i guess i miss the old matchups of spurs vs suns, boston vs cleveland la vs boston

good series, now we have lopsided teams facing each other

idk

but anyway...would yall have really watched philly vs miami?

GREATNESS ONE
05-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Here we go!!!

2-ONE-5
05-27-2012, 12:47 PM
sounds like u dont like basketball

bigsams50
05-27-2012, 12:53 PM
I always watch the eastern/western conference finals every year. I dont see why Philly being in it would stop anyone from watching it

ManRam
05-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Yes.

JWO35
05-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Yes, but after what would have occurred in Game 1...I wouldn't have watched the next 3gms

Swashcuff
05-27-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm not even going to read a piece of that garbage but any TRUE basketball fan would watch.

greg_ory_2005
05-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Well obviously I would watch. Any basketball fan would. What's with all these stupid threads?

thekmp211
05-27-2012, 02:04 PM
no i post on an internet nba forum by choice in my spare time but i wouldn't watch the ECF

mvb815
05-27-2012, 02:08 PM
op must have thought this was the american idol forum

Chisportscrazy
05-27-2012, 03:43 PM
I always watch the eastern/western conference finals every year. I dont see why Philly being in it would stop anyone from watching it
Agree.

LongIslandIcedZ
05-27-2012, 04:05 PM
I would watch. I wouldnt necessarily have a vested interest besides hoping the Heat lose, but I'd still watch.

D.O.N.
05-27-2012, 04:12 PM
I would.

It's basketball. I like to watch the game not the teams. I enjoy to watch every game.

Of course i like it better when my nets play, but still... it's basketball

episodenone
05-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Bottom line:

Unless you are FROM Philly - you are not a Philly fan.

Always has been and always will be

Gram
05-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Well obviously I would watch. Any basketball fan would. What's with all these stupid threads?

What's with all your posts in stupid colours?

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-27-2012, 04:36 PM
What's with all your posts in stupid colours?

What's with spelling the word 'colors' as 'colours'? Are you British?

NetsPaint
05-27-2012, 04:39 PM
I would have cared a lot more if the Sixers made it.

torocan
05-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Heck ya, are you kidding?

8th seed? Cinderella story?

Knocked out the Chicago AND Boston and facing down the Heat?

Only thing which would have made it better is the opening theme to Rocky. :D

Ooooo.... 76ers entering to the Rocky theme for a game in Phillie...... :D:D

Swashcuff
05-27-2012, 05:47 PM
Bottom line:

I am from TRINIDAD and TOBAGO and I've been a Philly fan since 1999. I know a couple other Philly fans from my country. This is wrong.

Jarvo
05-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Bottom line:

Wrong! Even though philly wasn't my fav team, They had my fav player *Iverson* and I rooted for them & are my 2nd team.

Jarvo
05-27-2012, 07:12 PM
I am from TRINIDAD and TOBAGO and I've been a Philly fan since 1999. I know a couple other Philly fans from my country. This is wrong.

:clap: wow thats far bro, But yes he is. Philly isnt my fav team but are my 2nd team because Iverson is my fav player of all time!

Ezio
05-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Watch a team get massacred? Nope.

LGhost
05-27-2012, 07:38 PM
76ers & Heat is like watching the Bobcats & Kings.... Really boring basketball - if the 6ers won a game though, I would watch the replay just to see how they won

Swashcuff
05-27-2012, 07:43 PM
76ers & Heat is like watching the Bobcats & Kings.... Really boring basketball - if the 6ers won a game though, I would watch the replay just to see how they won

Question did you watch any Bulls games in the early to mid 2000s?

LGhost
05-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Question did you watch any Bulls games in the early to mid 2000s?

Nope but I heard it was terrible... Even today though, a lot of people call the Bulls boring unless Rose is out there to fancy layups and stuff... I love the way they play though so I just have different tastes than most.

Wade>You
05-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Question did you watch any Bulls games in the early to mid 2000s?People talk about Heat having bandwagon fans, but 90% of Bulls fans stopped watching after MJ, Pip, and Phil left. Only true Bulls fans stuck around.

TO Rapz
05-27-2012, 08:00 PM
I would watch. I wouldnt necessarily have a vested interest besides hoping the Heat lose, but I'd still watch.

x2

smith&wesson
05-27-2012, 08:06 PM
i would have watched. . absolutley!

i love watching iggy lock down on players. williams, jrue holiday, thad young. etc..

LGhost
05-27-2012, 09:54 PM
People talk about Heat having bandwagon fans, but 90% of Bulls fans stopped watching after MJ, Pip, and Phil left. Only true Bulls fans stuck around.

i didnt even watch jordan - no point in saying something u don't even know, ya dig

0nekhmer
05-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Yeah I'd watch it, Philly are such underdogs. It sucks that their second half of the season was so poor though. Also they've got some exciting players in Iggy,Turner, and Jrue.

aussie
05-28-2012, 12:35 AM
here we go, another guy who's been here less then a month and thinks he runs the show, maybe post it in Philly's forum, see where that gets ya

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-28-2012, 12:15 PM
If the SCF were going on at the same time, no. If it wasn't, then probably yes.

Shkelqim
05-28-2012, 12:28 PM
These topics are getting worse and worse- Who cares its the ECF of course i'd watch. I just hate how the Celtics actually think they present the Heat with a better match up than the Sixers, We almost beat u in game 7. Think about it they get gassed after the 3rd quarter, imagine a rested LeBron and a Dwayne Wade i swear this won't go past 5 games.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-28-2012, 12:36 PM
These topics are getting worse and worse- Who cares its the ECF of course i'd watch. I just hate how the Celtics actually think they present the Heat with a better match up than the Sixers, We almost beat u in game 7. Think about it they get gassed after the 3rd quarter, imagine a rested LeBron and a Dwayne Wade i swear this won't go past 5 games.

Using that logic you're basically saying that the Hawks in 08 would've been also beaten or presented a challenge against the 08 Lakers. And people are saying that the Celtics present a better matchup because the Heat swept the 76ers this season and destroyed them in two of those games while the Celtics beat the Heat 3-1. And in that one loss the Celtics were missing Pierce and only lost by a couple possessions.

PhillyFaninLA
05-28-2012, 12:52 PM
I respect what the TC is doing here, not only are they to cowardly to post from there real account but they are also trying to reignite the debate of a minimum post number to be allowed to make topics. Nicely down cowardly troll.

Sinestro
05-28-2012, 12:53 PM
76ers are cool but they have too many 2nd and 3rd options I think they should package some of their young players for a star

king4day
05-28-2012, 12:53 PM
I would have watched until Miami showed that Philly isn't a challenge. Then I'd have just followed the box score.

topdog
05-28-2012, 01:29 PM
We have no clue how the series would have gone down. That is why we play the game! Now, if any team is blown out a couple games in a row, I probably lose interest.

jericho
05-28-2012, 02:24 PM
would you watch the series if it had been MIA vs PHI? no disrespect to 76er fans, of course they would watch, and im sure their team is good because they managed to win a series and took the celtics to 7 and all, but who seriously would have watched them play Miami?

would they have had a chance in the series? to me, that would have been the equivalent of watching the thunder play the jazz or something in the WCF, it would be a complete and total borefest

to be honest, the only series i have watched this playoffs is: clippers vs grizzlies, bulls vs sixers, lakers vs thunder and lakers vs nuggets

i had no intrest in NY vs MIA after game 1, because i knew they couldnt possibly win more than 2 games, and they ended up winning 1.

i didnt watch the pacers vs magic series because the magic suck

i didnt watch the spurs vs jazz series because i knew they had no chance

i attempted to watch boston vs atl,but the games just started too early and some were on nba tv so i didnt even know they played sometimes

i will probably watch most of the boston vs miami series, and maybe a few thunder vs spurs games if the first few games arent lopsided

to be honest, over the past 2 seasons, when my teams have been elimnated, i stop caring for basketball, and this never used to happen to me. but like after the little era(from like 2007-2010 or whatever) we had of boston vs la, i lost interest

i mean mavericks vs miami? really? i probably watched maybe 3 games( while simultaniously watching summerjam online, which i will no doubt do again if its spurs vs miami or something)

i guess i miss the old matchups of spurs vs suns, boston vs cleveland la vs boston

good series, now we have lopsided teams facing each other

idk

but anyway...would yall have really watched philly vs miami?

wow ive been here longer than u and i havent made an a forum or anything
ima make 1 and name it:
Blah blah blah blah, oh and did i forgot to say blah he is the best in the nba

jericho
05-28-2012, 02:33 PM
to answer the ??? if your not a bball fan you aint gonna watch it i hate both the c's and the heat but ima still watch it i try to watch every playoff game we dont have enough nba games on tv so ill watch anybody play even the bobcats lol

GrkGawdofWalkz
05-28-2012, 02:53 PM
The East playoff games have been boring, unwatchable one dimensional flops. To watch the Heat is beyond useless to me. But, then again I like the boring but always winning kind of team basketball.

RLundi
05-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Of course!

... but not for them, for the Heat :D

PhillyBoomerang
05-28-2012, 03:13 PM
It sucks seeing the same teams over and over in the NBA its crazy!! i like seeing new teams.. go OKC!

popo85
05-28-2012, 04:10 PM
People talk about Heat having bandwagon fans, but 90% of Bulls fans stopped watching after MJ, Pip, and Phil left. Only true Bulls fans stuck around.

True...

As far as this question, No i rather watch our biggest rival Boston succeed then root for a under dog.:rolleyes:

toisdabest81
05-28-2012, 04:25 PM
While the heat would have almost definitely won, the fact that the sixers winning would have been historical makes people watch just by that fact alone. But im a sixers fan so i would have either wway. They will make major changes and be better next year btw.

Hawkeye15
05-28-2012, 06:09 PM
For sure. I was hoping Philly won against the Celtics. I like a couple of their players quite a bit.

whitesoxfan83
05-28-2012, 06:24 PM
I dont care if it was the Raptors playing Miami... i'll watch just to root against the Heat.

Blitzbolt
05-28-2012, 06:34 PM
I don't care if the Heat play the BOBcats I love to see them play if they fail or if they win it they makes good television.

Also I want a OKC Heat finals I know the spurs are playing well but they are still boring not matter how many 3s they make.

KKell2507
05-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Bottom line:

That not true. Im from Richmond, VA and am as die hard a Sixers fan as you will find. Picked up basketball in 1996 and first game I ever saw was a Sixers game in Iverson's rookie year. Thought he was pretty good, then found out he was also from VA. Been in love with the Sixers and the game of basketball ever since.

Ill be watching Games 4 or 5 or so of the ECF, usually need my 1 week break from it after the sadness of my team being out. I think the Sixers would have won 1 game vs the Heat. I think the Celtics will win 2. So not much difference. Two least favorite teams in the NBA, but im still going to watch eventually.

LOOTERX9
05-28-2012, 07:37 PM
no

Shkelqim
05-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Using that logic you're basically saying that the Hawks in 08 would've been also beaten or presented a challenge against the 08 Lakers. And people are saying that the Celtics present a better matchup because the Heat swept the 76ers this season and destroyed them in two of those games while the Celtics beat the Heat 3-1. And in that one loss the Celtics were missing Pierce and only lost by a couple possessions.

Sometimes its better to listen.

dbramforskins21
05-29-2012, 10:36 AM
This thread right here, is the reason PSD is a joke. Your not a real fan of the sport if you wouldnt watch. Close this.

dbramforskins21
05-29-2012, 10:47 AM

If Miami gets going in transition, I'll call a clean sweep. I hate Miami, and Boston but there is no way in hell if the C's cant run with us, that they can run with Miami. Boston is slow and old. They get tired after the first quarter, if you hit them in the mouth first. They CANNOT run, the only player on their team that can is Rondo. Plus KG cant do it all by himself, Pierce is gonna be irrelevant in this series, and Ray is injuried and his jumpers off and was the entire Philly series. I really cant stand Boston though so I'm rooting for Miami....damn I never thought I'd say that. I honestly think this series would be better if it was Philly instead of Boston, but regardless Philly would lose, and Boston will lose so it really dont matter.

Shkelqim
05-29-2012, 10:56 AM
Exactly it would be more entertaining against the Sixers. Just let Celtics embarrass themselves.