justinnum1
05-27-2012, 12:19 AM
indy

Wade>You
05-27-2012, 12:34 AM
Indiana.

Chacarron
05-27-2012, 12:36 AM
Indiana for sure. Hibbert + George is a very nice duo.

Ryan328
05-27-2012, 12:39 AM
Gotta be Indiana

Rivera
05-27-2012, 12:39 AM
lavoy allen came outta no where if he develops into half of what he was this series for boston thats a huge plus for philly

not to mention they have a lot of guards and can trade a few for a big

just to play devils advocate

SeoulBeatz
05-27-2012, 12:45 AM
As it stands, it's Indy. Sixers need to revamp our frontcourt.

Lavoy Allen cannot be the best big on this team, that's just sad.

sidenote: I feel bad for whatever team picks up Spencer Hawes. Softest big man (if you can even call him a big) I've ever seen. Just trash.

Colts2180
05-27-2012, 12:47 AM
Definitely the Pacers. We are one piece away from being a championship contender. Philly has a nice young team but no1 that has the potential of George and the skill sets of Hibbert and Granger(except Iggy who averages 12ppg) they took an aging Boston team to the brink(lots of injuries too) and beat a Chi team without there 2 best players. They still have alot to prove but they showed alot of grit and heart. I respect that out of any team.

Six-8-TheWizard
05-27-2012, 01:00 AM
I chose the pacers cuz I just think that Philly has too many unanswered questions with their roster. Indy just seems to have more figured out at this point. Plus with the exception of Granger their whole core is still very young and has room to improve their individual games.

Ezio
05-27-2012, 01:06 AM
Indy. Hill/George/Psycho/Hibbert.

I think they should try the hardest to get a better PG.

JLynn943
05-27-2012, 01:22 AM
sidenote: I feel bad for whatever team picks up Spencer Hawes. Softest big man (if you can even call him a big) I've ever seen. Just trash.

I almost felt guilty trading him and Nocioni to you guys for Dalembert.

Almost.

It's awful how useless he is. He's too scared to play physical.

popo85
05-27-2012, 01:33 AM
Indy. Once Philly gets done with the bad contract of Brand and a man to play center unlike Christina Mihm Hawes they will be good.

gatkins11
05-27-2012, 01:35 AM
Indiana if they prove they're willing to spend money and match whatever Hibbert is offered.

bootsy
05-27-2012, 02:05 AM
I don't see one team having an advantage over the other. Both teams needs more pieces to go from just winning a playoff series to winning it all. As a Sixer fan, I feel we need offense and size and for the Pacers they need better PG play, better defense and toughness. I think the Pacers are soft mentally. At times I thought when they get beat they didn't seem to fight back. I saw games against Boston, the Knicks, Sixers, Heat where they would get their *** totally kicked. Both teams are not ready to make that leap to the next level yet. I do think both will benefit from Boston and Chicago not being as good next season but getting to the championship will take some fine tuning for both teams.

bootsy
05-27-2012, 02:09 AM
Definitely the Pacers. We are one piece away from being a championship contender. Philly has a nice young team but no1 that has the potential of George and the skill sets of Hibbert and Granger(except Iggy who averages 12ppg) they took an aging Boston team to the brink(lots of injuries too) and beat a Chi team without there 2 best players. They still have alot to prove but they showed alot of grit and heart. I respect that out of any team.
The Pacers are not one piece away and the Sixers have players with the potential of George in Holiday and Turner. Your coach Vogel looks to me like he is one of those coaches that is in over his head. He's done a nice job getting them to this point but I don't know if he's good enough to get you to that next level. He severely blew it by not having his team pound it inside against Miami and shooting jumpshots and 3's all the time.
You mention the Sixers beating Chi and struggling with Boston but don't mention that the Pacers beat Orlando without Howard and had a chance to put Miami in a deep hole and blew in Game 4. The Sixers did what they had to do against Chicago, they could have lost that series and they took Boston the brink. I don't care about Boston aging they are still Boston and they have been through it.

Chavacano
05-27-2012, 02:32 AM
Pacers. Can't wait for George to grow into a 7 footer. :speechless:

LA_Raiders
05-27-2012, 03:38 AM
Indy has a good core team... Sixers are going to lose iggy

LA_Raiders
05-27-2012, 03:39 AM
Pacers. Can't wait for George to grow into a 7 footer. :speechless:

x2

Pierzynski4Prez
05-27-2012, 11:13 AM
I remember this nearly identical thread in like 2008 or 2009 about better future, chicago or Philly. A lot of people chose Philly, yet here they are again. I'll go with Indy.

torocan
05-27-2012, 11:18 AM
I like 76ers. Indy is further along right now, but I have faith in Collins.

No offense to the Pacers, I just think Collins is a better coach, and assuming the FO takes him seriously, I think they'll end up with better roster changes.

Seriously, it's mind boggling to think how far the 76ers went when their shooting was horrific in almost Every, Single, playoff game.

If Rondo doesn't go nuts in the last 3 minutes, we'd be looking at the Heat/76ers. Think about that...

North Yorker
05-27-2012, 11:42 AM
As it stands right now, Pacers. Because of not only their talent but their financial flexibility.

However, if Philly trades Iggy for a bigman like Bynum or Jefferson, then this becomes a much tougher question. Actually I may give them the edge in that case because they too will have lots of money to spend with Hawes/Nocioni/Brand expiring in the next 2 summers.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Pacers at the moment. Both teams though should try to trade for an impact player(like top 20 or so) and they can become a contender.

ManRam
05-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Indy has more cap freedom. So I pick them.

It also depends on what Philly can do with Iggy if they are indeed going to trade him. The biggest thing for them is the development of Holiday and Turner. They don't have a ton of youthful promise up front...so that's something they'll have to address...and something they'll probably look to shore up if they move Iggy.

heattiltheend94
05-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Vogel is one of the best coaches in the league. This is a star-powered league and it was incredible what Indy was able to do with a bunch of above-par players, with no true superstar. Indy will be a perrenial top3 finisher in the Eastern Conference behind Miami and Chicago. I believe Indy will have the best record in the Eastern Conference next year due to their depth. I believe Miami will be the best team in the East, but record wise, I think Indiana will blossom next year as longas they keep Hibbert

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Indy has more cap freedom. So I pick them.

It also depends on what Philly can do with Iggy if they are indeed going to trade him. The biggest thing for them is the development of Holiday and Turner. They don't have a ton of youthful promise up front...so that's something they'll have to address...and something they'll probably look to shore up if they move Iggy.

Yeah doesn't Indy have enough cap space to go after Deron? Also Bird's done a great job so far so he probably has some sort of plan that could make them even better.

bootsy
05-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Vogel is one of the best coaches in the league. This is a star-powered league and it was incredible what Indy was able to do with a bunch of above-par players, with no true superstar. Indy will be a perrenial top3 finisher in the Eastern Conference behind Miami and Chicago. I believe Indy will have the best record in the Eastern Conference next year due to their depth. I believe Miami will be the best team in the East, but record wise, I think Indiana will blossom next year as longas they keep Hibbert

:facepalm:No. He's not.

AMushroomStamp
05-27-2012, 12:20 PM
lol, why is philly even on this poll?

ManRam
05-27-2012, 12:28 PM
Philly's cap situation isn't too awful though.

They're freeing up Nocioni and Hawes...as well as some scrubs (Battie, Young, Elson etc.) getting about 14 million off the books this season.

The biggest thing, aside from how they decide to move Iggy, and ET and Jrue's development, is Elton Brand. He'll be an expiring this season. He might hold some very nice value if Philly can find a few bigger contracts they feel like are worth adding for the long term. If not, they can just let him walk after next season and, unless they add a lot of people this off-season (and depending on if/how they re-sign Turner, Holiday, Williams etc.), be WELL under the cap...

2-ONE-5
05-27-2012, 12:39 PM

Whats with the Paul George hype? Turner put similar numbers this year in less minutes and 10x shorter leash. when Iggy shot the ball as much as Granger does he put similar numbers as well. Pacers have the nice piece with Hibbert inside but Iggy/ET/Holiday with a dangerous post player has a better upside if u ask me. More play makers, better defenders and rebounders then Indy.

call me a homer or whatever you want but they are kinda the same

heattiltheend94
05-27-2012, 12:45 PM
:facepalm:No. He's not.

why do you say he isn't? Because they didn't force it to Hibbert? If you actually watched the games, you could see Joel Anthony constantly forcing Hibbert out of the paint and blocking off the passing lanes. As for West, he did provide some damage in the paint; however, Battier did a wonderful job guarding him. Vogel has done a great job with the team and has created a great amount of chemistry

heattiltheend94
05-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Whats with the Paul George hype? Turner put similar numbers this year in less minutes and 10x shorter leash. when Iggy shot the ball as much as Granger does he put similar numbers as well. Pacers have the nice piece with Hibbert inside but Iggy/ET/Holiday with a dangerous post player has a better upside if u ask me. More play makers, better defenders and rebounders then Indy.

just based on George, there is so much hype due to his height. He is one of the best defenders in the league. If he develops a post game, he will develop into one of the elite sg in the league. causes tons of matchup problems. took wade 3 games before he figured out how to get past George

Swashcuff
05-27-2012, 12:56 PM
As a 76ers fan I'd say the Pacers as well, with Hibbert being the major factor here. Had the 76ers chosen Hibbert ahead of Speights (with everything else staying as is) I think this conversation would sway in our favour.

bootsy
05-27-2012, 12:59 PM
why do you say he isn't? Because they didn't force it to Hibbert? If you actually watched the games, you could see Joel Anthony constantly forcing Hibbert out of the paint and blocking off the passing lanes. As for West, he did provide some damage in the paint; however, Battier did a wonderful job guarding him. Vogel has done a great job with the team and has created a great amount of chemistry

Vogel is not better than the following coaches: Pop, Doug Collins, Carlisle, Doc Rivers, Thibs, Brooks, George Karl, Van Gundy(before he was fired). Therefore he isn't one of the best coaches in the league. If he can make the Pacers perennial contenders or show that he can make adjustments in the playoffs which he didn't do against Miami then I'll put him up there. Until then No.

As for Roy Hibbert, if he is as good as you and others on here are saying he is then he shouldn't be letting Joel Anthony to do anything to him. It should be the other way around. This goes back to my original post in this thread where I said the Pacers are mentally not a strong team. I don't get the hype with the Pacers. They got a lot of flash and people filling their heads but I need to see more and in some cases a lot more.

Matrix3132
05-27-2012, 01:17 PM
I don't really like either's future as constructed because no one can shoot on either team. I guess I'd say Philly though since it's a better free agent destination and Brand is coming off the books soon

Donuts365
05-27-2012, 01:18 PM
pacers no contest

Rivera
05-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Just to play devis advocate again

The sixers guard play is superior to indiana

The sixers D was ranked better than indy with spencer hawes at C

They have tradeable pieces and there cap isnt to bad....still have there amniesty clause

Lavoy allen really played well this series as a rookie against KG and he hadly played at all during the season. If he can take the confidence he gained during this series as motivaton fo the offseason he could be a very good big for philly

Larry bird is leaving so someone else is gonna be in charge of what larry built so far

(This is a non miami/NY/Bos/LaL thread you guys always say "another lebron thread" where heres your chance to discuss somethin different! Prove others wrong and make this a 100/200+ post thread without any mention of the above!)

shep33
05-27-2012, 01:38 PM
I think both teams need to call about Pau

Baller1
05-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Indy. I'm not all that impressed with Philly, personally.

AllBall
05-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Philly.

Seeing how lopsided this poll is now I realize why I don't bother coming into this cesspool of ignorance. :rolleyes:

greg_ory_2005
05-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Gotta be Indy for now.

heattiltheend94
05-27-2012, 09:52 PM
Vogel is not better than the following coaches: Pop, Doug Collins, Carlisle, Doc Rivers, Thibs, Brooks, George Karl, Van Gundy(before he was fired). Therefore he isn't one of the best coaches in the league. If he can make the Pacers perennial contenders or show that he can make adjustments in the playoffs which he didn't do against Miami then I'll put him up there. Until then No.

As for Roy Hibbert, if he is as good as you and others on here are saying he is then he shouldn't be letting Joel Anthony to do anything to him. It should be the other way around. This goes back to my original post in this thread where I said the Pacers are mentally not a strong team. I don't get the hype with the Pacers. They got a lot of flash and people filling their heads but I need to see more and in some cases a lot more.

i'd take Vogel over any of those coaches except rivers, thibs, and popovich.

JasonJohnHorn
05-27-2012, 09:59 PM
They are both lookin' pretty good, but I think Indy is a player away from, really contending, and not a "big" piece, but just somebody to help round them out. Maybe a good pick up with the MLE and a nice draft pick will help them out, but they have a great young coach, and a great young core. Philly's front line isn't as impressive in my mind, in part because, though he has been posting decnet number, Brand really hasn't delivered the goods and I get the impression that the team is just waiting for his salary to come off the books, and I like Hawes, but he ain't no Hibbert.

YoungOne
05-27-2012, 10:13 PM
pacers if they can keep hibbert, although that will be very expensive

Ebbs
05-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Both teams should deal their "best" players in Iggy/Granger and build around their other young guys. Jrue, E.T., THad, Allen and P. George, George, and Hibbert are good pieces

SouthSideRookie
05-28-2012, 12:27 AM
Philly.

Seeing how lopsided this poll is now I realize why I don't bother coming into this cesspool of ignorance. :rolleyes:

Tell me about it, the stupidity spewing out of this thread is off the charts.

Btw Derrick Rose says hi.

bootsy
05-28-2012, 01:46 AM
i'd take Vogel over any of those coaches except rivers, thibs, and popovich.

You'd be crazy too.

Vogel has done nothing yet to be above those coaches. All those coaches have accomplished more than Vogel has.

cardinals1226
05-28-2012, 06:01 AM
You'd be crazy too.

Vogel has done nothing yet to be above those coaches. All those coaches have accomplished more than Vogel has.

Yeah because judging a coach after his first full year as one of the worst coaches in the league after turning a sub .500 team into a team 18 games above .500 isn't idiotic either. :rolleyes:

naztrack
05-28-2012, 07:52 AM
I say sixers, i like there coach, and there just one nice big man away.

basketfan4life
05-28-2012, 10:59 AM
all depends on evan turner. If he can have his breakout season then philly, if not give me pacers.

Pacerlive
05-28-2012, 01:51 PM

They are somewhat similar but Indy has enough cap room to add one more piece and Philly doesn't. If the Pacers get Steve Nash or Dragic then it clearly puts them over Philly.

ET vs PG is a wash simply because both have big question marks about their game.

beasted86
05-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Philly.

Indiana seems gun-ho and will be a mediocre playoff team to their death by sticking to their guys. They also don't have the market to spend. Once Bird steps down I see nothing but bad for the Pacers. Vogul isn't a very good coach.

76ers on the other hand have always been probing trades of Igoudala, will have Brand coming off the books, and they just got an owner who is willing to spend and will do what it takes to make the team better. They are cutting ticket prices and encouraging fans to come and fill out the arena. I see nothing but a bright future for them. Collins is a motivator and free agents will want to play for him.

Hawkeye15
05-28-2012, 02:43 PM
Pacers. Tons of upcoming cap room to keep their guys and chase an Eric Gordon, more young talent, legit center.

beasted86
05-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Pacers. Tons of upcoming cap room to keep their guys and chase an Eric Gordon, more young talent, legit center.

The Pacers were $8M under the cap this season to improve the team further and they chose not to spend it. Whether to allow the owner to break a profit or whatever else have you...

My only point is they aren't going to spend.

RLundi
05-28-2012, 03:00 PM
If the Pacers trade the role player masquerading as a star (read: Granger) that'll be a good first step.

Pacerlive
05-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Philly.

Indiana seems gun-ho and will be a mediocre playoff team to their death by sticking to their guys. They also don't have the market to spend. Once Bird steps down I see nothing but bad for the Pacers. Vogul isn't a very good coach.

76ers on the other hand have always been probing trades of Igoudala, will have Brand coming off the books, and they just got an owner who is willing to spend and will do what it takes to make the team better. They are cutting ticket prices and encouraging fans to come and fill out the arena. I see nothing but a bright future for them. Collins is a motivator and free agents will want to play for him.

I always laugh at comments like this.

The only guy they have stuck to has been Danny Granger. In fact the Pacers roster has been turned over more than most NBA franchises in the last 5 years.

As far as the owner spending money let me just say he has done it in the past for good teams. I don't expect him to spend 70 mill for a terrible team but he will spend money if the team is a top 10 team in the league for multiple years.

As far as Bird stepping down I have no clue. He doesn't work the trade phones much at all (thats David Morway) but drafting may take a hit if he decides to leave.

heattiltheend94
05-28-2012, 03:06 PM
You'd be crazy too.

Vogel has had 2 years, the rest (exception of Thibs and Collins) has had more time. What has Collins done more than Vogel? honestly

Pacerlive
05-28-2012, 03:12 PM
The Pacers were $8M under the cap this season to improve the team further and they chose not to spend it. Whether to allow the owner to break a profit or whatever else have you...

Are you adding in the amnesty to Posey.. That doesn't go to the cap ceiling but that was spending money just for a roster spot.

Simon has spent money in the past and he has taken a loss on the majority of the seasons in the 2000's. Since 2009 it was 9 out 10 seasons which is probably more like 11 out of 12 seasons now that he was taken a loss.

The reasons why they didn't spend all the money this year was to have some cap flexibility for this season. The Barbosa trade and the interest they showed in Kaman tells me they were trying to spend the money but at the trade deadline nothing was really there outside of Barbosa.

bootsy
05-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Yeah because judging a coach after his first full year as one of the worst coaches in the league after turning a sub .500 team into a team 18 games above .500 isn't idiotic either. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Exactly that's all I, you and anyone else has to judge him on so therefore he isn't and hasn't proven to be one of the top coaches in the league. Thanks for proving my point.

bootsy
05-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Vogel has had 2 years, the rest (exception of Thibs and Collins) has had more time. What has Collins done more than Vogel? honestly

Exactly meaning he's not one of the top coaches in the league. Collins has taken his team to the conference finals, taken several teams to the playoffs. You can't say someone is one of the best coaches in the league and hasn't been around long enough to have done anything. How do you justify that? Vogel has to coach for a while and accomplish some things first.

PatsPropaganda
05-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Philly is gettin better n better every year ..

cardinals1226
05-28-2012, 08:19 PM
:rolleyes: Exactly that's all I, you and anyone else has to judge him on so therefore he isn't and hasn't proven to be one of the top coaches in the league. Thanks for proving my point.

:eyebrow: If you could point to where I said he was one of the best coaches in the league.

bootsy
05-28-2012, 08:54 PM
:eyebrow: If you could point to where I said he was one of the best coaches in the league.

I didn't say you did.:facepalm: Someone else in this post did. Which is who I was responding to and then you put yourself into the conversation.

flatbush knicks
05-29-2012, 12:21 AM
the sixers over achieved this year i don't see their future being so bright

bootsy
05-29-2012, 12:43 AM
the sixers over achieved this year i don't see their future being so bright

Typical of Knick fan. Your out of control team underachieved, I guess or more like losing in the 1st round is where you should be LOL. Worry about winning playoff games and get off the Sixers.

OaklandsFinest
05-29-2012, 01:04 AM
Jrue+ Iggy+ Turner + Young and a possible 26+ million in cap coming off, I'll Take Philly!

OaklandsFinest
05-29-2012, 01:14 AM
Philly has a million different ways to better that team around a solid young core

flatbush knicks
05-29-2012, 01:14 AM
get off the sixers lol last time i checked you guys fell from what spot to tank the season just so you didn't face the heat because yall was scared and i wasn't hating just awnsering the question compared to indy the sixers aren't going anywhere and yea if my knicks woulda played an old ***** boston team or a derrick rose less bulls team we would've been in the same position as yall

Hawkeye15
05-29-2012, 01:16 AM

The new CBA was coming up as well. The Pacers knew they had the team they were going to have. This offseason, they have cash to retain Hibbert and go after more help.

bootsy
05-29-2012, 01:33 AM
get off the sixers lol last time i checked you guys fell from what spot to tank the season just so you didn't face the heat because yall was scared and i wasn't hating just awnsering the question compared to indy the sixers aren't going anywhere and yea if my knicks woulda played an old ***** boston team or a derrick rose less bulls team we would've been in the same position as yall

LOL at tanking the season. Yeah we were purposely trying to miss the playoffs altogether.:rolleyes: Facing the Bulls rather than the Heat wasn't going to make a difference before the playoffs started so I don't really get the tanking logic. I can't stand the Knicks and their fans like you. You act like your franchise is so relevant and NBA royalty when in reality your franchise hasn't done crap for 40 years but you wouldn't know it the way their fans act.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, Philly did what they had to do to get as far as they got this season. Meanwhile the Knicks stink no matter how many players you acquire via free agency, trade whatever. Barely winning a playoff game for the first time in 800 years was the highlight of your season.

Kyben36
05-29-2012, 02:00 AM
both looked better than they should have

both got off easy on their first games, Chicago got injured and didnt stand a chance, Orlando, like it or not, should not have even been in the playoffs without Dwight. both teams looked way better than they really are, however, I think that Indiana has the better team going foward

Hibbert and West are two really good players, throw in Hansborough who I think is highly under rated.

Collision is a good PG, who I think is mal utilized

Granger is a good tough player, And Paul George is still developing.

pmariner14
05-29-2012, 02:01 AM
I think the 76ers are a step closer than the Pacers. They have two big contracts they are capable of moving for value in return. AI is a legitimate championship caliber player. On the right team he could be the missing piece. The Lakers come to mind, who are in need of an athletic wing player. If they could move AI for Gasol (I believe the money works) that would make them better, with Thad Young who could step into the starting SF role. Also, if they could move Elton Brand for a 1st rounder or perhaps a solid bench player, they could turn themselves into a very legitimate threat in the East. They have very strong coaching, 2 great young guards in Holiday and Turner, a solid center in Hawes, and with Gasol and Young in the starting lineup, they would be a very formidable young, athletic, lineup to deal with.

Knicks21
05-29-2012, 02:22 AM
Pacers. But they will have one heck of a payroll soon.

--23--
05-29-2012, 02:35 AM
Indiana without a doubt

flatbush knicks
05-29-2012, 03:03 AM
LOL at tanking the season. Yeah we were purposely trying to miss the playoffs altogether. Facing the Bulls rather than the Heat wasn't going to make a difference before the playoffs started so I don't really get the tanking logic. I can't stand the Knicks and their fans like you. You act like your franchise is so relevant and NBA royalty when in reality your franchise hasn't done crap for 40 years but you wouldn't know it the way their fans act.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, Philly did what they had to do to get as far as they got this season. Meanwhile the Knicks stink no matter how many players you acquire via free agency, trade whatever. Barely winning a playoff game for the first time in 800 years was the highlight of your season.
fam get over it the sixers suck you need anger management or just smoke a blunt last time i checked the knicks had a better record and yea what has the sixers done in ther 800 lol years as a frnchise in other word get off my knicks diack biach

SeoulBeatz
05-29-2012, 03:37 AM
LOL at tanking the season. Yeah we were purposely trying to miss the playoffs altogether.:rolleyes: Facing the Bulls rather than the Heat wasn't going to make a difference before the playoffs started so I don't really get the tanking logic. I can't stand the Knicks and their fans like you. You act like your franchise is so relevant and NBA royalty when in reality your franchise hasn't done crap for 40 years but you wouldn't know it the way their fans act.

don't even bother arguing with him, he's in denial. The Sixers suck, yet they can still win more than ONE game in the playoffs without the help of the two most overrated "superstars" in the NBA. What does that say about the Knicks who obviously have more talent? It says the Sixers are a team while the Knicks are a bunch of egos who just happen to wear the same uniform.

let him have fun figuring out how to deal with Amare's depressed ***/unfathomable contract. It's funny because he's making fun of how the Sixers haven't done much in a while, but I don't think he realizes the Knicks haven't won a chip since 1973, whereas our "irrelevant" Sixers won in '83.

I'm pretty sure most knicks fans are ashamed of this fool anyways.

Pacerlive
05-29-2012, 10:09 AM
I think the 76ers are a step closer than the Pacers. They have two big contracts they are capable of moving for value in return. AI is a legitimate championship caliber player. On the right team he could be the missing piece. The Lakers come to mind, who are in need of an athletic wing player. If they could move AI for Gasol (I believe the money works) that would make them better, with Thad Young who could step into the starting SF role. Also, if they could move Elton Brand for a 1st rounder or perhaps a solid bench player, they could turn themselves into a very legitimate threat in the East. They have very strong coaching, 2 great young guards in Holiday and Turner, a solid center in Hawes, and with Gasol and Young in the starting lineup, they would be a very formidable young, athletic, lineup to deal with.

I am not sure if your a Sixers fan but they won't have a lot of money especially if Brand doesn't opt out of his contract which he would be crazy to do IMO.

The Sixers have to resign their sixth man which will take about 6-8 million and they would have to resign Hawes which could be expensive considering the lack of Centers in the league.

I always felt like Iggy and Young are overpaid but they do have a solid young core in Holiday and Turner.

The notion that they have alot of money is false unless they are able to sign Williams and Hawes to peanuts which I highly doubt.

Pacerlive
05-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Pacers. But they will have one heck of a payroll soon.

Why do you believe this.

The Pacers have a little over 36 on the books for next year so factor in Hibbert getting 14 mill and Hill getting 6.5 mill that still puts them at around 57 mill for next year.

The real key is if they can sign someone of note before they have to give their RFA a contract because their capholds are less than their predicted future contracts.

dbramforskins21
05-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Philly. Im a Sixers fan, but I think Indy has just a good of a chance of having a good future. After reading most post from Knick/Chi/Mia/Boston fans from threads all over not just this one..I dont even think I'm going to bother explaining why I feel this way, especially if I can actually support my reasons because ALOT of posters, are all biased, bandwagon fans, that just know the big teams and the "elite" players. Half of fans now, dont even watch the sport, all they see is the highlights on ESPN, which is also becoming a joke now.

BklynKnicks3
05-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Sixers are not good they are a 8th seed that got lucky with injuries to other team they played. They are not a serious team Pacers can be if they add 1 real star.

dbramforskins21
05-29-2012, 11:29 AM
Sixers are not good they are a 8th seed that got lucky with injuries to other team they played. They are not a serious team Pacers can be if they add 1 real star.

So what you really meant to say is ...
"Im an angry Knicks fan, because my team sucks and hasnt been relevant in the NBA for over 20 years."

The Sixers are better than the Knicks, and we just took Boston to 7 games, yall didnt even get 6 games into the playoffs. Get the **** out of here.

Sinestro
05-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Both teams need to trade for a top 20 player unless they develop into the 04 Pistons

rickshaw
05-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Sixers can really be players in free agency this and next summer, which could put them in a better position than Indy. They have ~20mill committed per year to Thad, Holiday, Turner, Brackins, Lavoy and Vucevic. Nocioni and Hawes contracts are done

Lou will probably opt out of his deal and if he doesn't, it's only 1 year, 6mill left.

Brand (1yr 18mill) can be amnestied or traded to a team looking to for a contract dump.

Igoudala (2yrs, 30mill) can be traded and bring back a good piece or two, or be kept if they can get someone who can be a good #1 option on offense.

heattiltheend94
05-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Exactly meaning he's not one of the top coaches in the league. Collins has taken his team to the conference finals, taken several teams to the playoffs. You can't say someone is one of the best coaches in the league and hasn't been around long enough to have done anything. How do you justify that? Vogel has to coach for a while and accomplish some things first.

you can argue all you want about accomplishments. i simply look at what that person has been able to do with their team. Pacers are a piece away from being a contender; however, I do not believe the players on that team are great. I believe that style of play and chemistry that Vogel has instructed has eluded to their superior play to the 76ers. If you look at what that coach has been able to do with their team since they took over, you can see the dramatic improvements that Vogel has made. Same team, different coach. That's how I dictate a coach's ability.

RaidersRush
05-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Definitely Indiana

RaidersRush
05-29-2012, 12:18 PM
West has really changed that team. Obviously Hibbert's developmet as well and a bunch of good young guys as well

Pacerlive
05-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Sixers can really be players in free agency this and next summer, which could put them in a better position than Indy. They have ~20mill committed per year to Thad, Holiday, Turner, Brackins, Lavoy and Vucevic. Nocioni and Hawes contracts are done

Lou will probably opt out of his deal and if he doesn't, it's only 1 year, 6mill left.

Brand (1yr 18mill) can be amnestied or traded to a team looking to for a contract dump.

Igoudala (2yrs, 30mill) can be traded and bring back a good piece or two, or be kept if they can get someone who can be a good #1 option on offense.

Why do you guys think that someone will give up a good offensive piece for Iggy. I think he's a good player but he is overpaid for what he brings to a team.

Also this FA class is somewhat weak. Next year might be better but overall quit a few teams have cash to spend on bigs.

2-ONE-5
05-29-2012, 12:53 PM
I am not sure if your a Sixers fan but they won't have a lot of money especially if Brand doesn't opt out of his contract which he would be crazy to do IMO.

The Sixers have to resign their sixth man which will take about 6-8 million and they would have to resign Hawes which could be expensive considering the lack of Centers in the league.

I always felt like Iggy and Young are overpaid but they do have a solid young core in Holiday and Turner.

The notion that they have alot of money is false unless they are able to sign Williams and Hawes to peanuts which I highly doubt.

Um Brand doesnt have an option and his likely to get the amnesty. Lou has the option and is likely to opt out and not retrurn, no shot in hell Hawes is back either.

Stinkyoutsider
05-29-2012, 01:13 PM
It's tough, but I like Indy just a little more.

I think the 76ers could be even better if they could figure out how to get a scorer who scares their opponents. No disrespect Lou Williams because he's a good scorer and a solid player, but I think they need a star-level scorer and rely on Williams to get 15 to 17 a game.

Ellis would have been good for the offense if GS made the trade for Iggy before the Bucks picked them up but who would step in to play defense against the other team's best wing scorer? That's why, if they can get a scorer who can create their own shot and be agressive at it and still keep Iggy, Philly will be that much better in the future.

Pacerlive
05-29-2012, 01:21 PM
Um Brand doesnt have an option and his likely to get the amnesty. Lou has the option and is likely to opt out and not retrurn, no shot in hell Hawes is back either.

Sixers shamsports listed it as a PO. I tend to trust Shamsports over Hoopshype.

Either way its not like the 2012 FA class is going to put the Sixers over the top. At best you could get Chris Kaman or a Kris Humphries but minus Elton Brand and its a marginal upgrade in the front court.

PhillyFinezt
05-29-2012, 02:47 PM
I am going to be a homer and say Philly because we have the most dedicated owners in the whole league and these guys want nothing but to win, we're in for a big offseason

rickshaw
05-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Sixers shamsports listed it as a PO. I tend to trust Shamsports over Hoopshype.

Either way its not like the 2012 FA class is going to put the Sixers over the top. At best you could get Chris Kaman or a Kris Humphries but minus Elton Brand and its a marginal upgrade in the front court.

You can amnesty him whether he has a player option or not.

Davidgta1
05-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Indy has better younger players but if i was bird I'd try to trade granger for someone better he's always 1-10 or 3-15 dude sucks.