PDA

View Full Version : And you thought the Indy/Miami series was physical?

JasonJohnHorn
05-26-2012, 04:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlGzseb0toI&feature=g-vrec

For those of you young fellows out there who thought the Indy/Miami series was physical, here's what the regular season used to look like. The hate was still brimming even though it had been two years since the Bulls and the Pistons had met in the playoffs.

Just sayin' yo.

I tried finding the Knicks/Suns brawl, but I couldn't seem to find it anywhere on youtube. If anybody out there has that one post it. And feel free to post some clips of some other physical games from back in the day.

If Wade flops like that from a hit from T-H, imagine what would have happened to him if he played against Rodman or Laimbeer?

kozelkid
05-26-2012, 04:41 PM
In all fairness, Wade>you was complaining about the physicality 90% of the time. Let's be honest, his opinion doesn't count.

Dade County
05-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Wade doesn't flop

Wade>You
05-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Nevermind.

John Walls Era
05-26-2012, 04:52 PM
"Young Fellows"

You make it seem like you watched these games at the time. Pistons were known for their "Jordan Rules", where they would foul hard if you entered the paint and then other players would also foul after the foul to prevent an AND1. They were also borderline dirty on what they would do. Theres no way the would allow this in today's league so the comparison is weak. Miami/Indiana was physical in today's POV (wasn't that physical to me, but in general), no one is comparing it to league before the Hand Check Era.

JasonJohnHorn
05-26-2012, 04:52 PM
No surprise that the white guy walks off free while the black guy is ejected for retaliating to the cheap shot that the officials failed to recognize.

lol... yes, it is all about race. Laimbeer got ejected from that game btw. And if it is about race, why did Paxon get a double-tech while Thomas got nothing?

kozelkid
05-26-2012, 04:53 PM
"Young Fellows"

You make it seem like you watched these games at the time. Pistons were known for their "Jordan Rules", where they would foul hard if you entered the paint and then other players would also foul after the foul to prevent an AND1. They were also borderline dirty on what they would do. Theres no way the would allow this in today's league so the comparison is weak. Miami/Indiana was physical in today's POV (wasn't that physical to me, but in general), no one is comparing it to league before the Hand Check Era.

Borderline? :eyebrow:

kozelkid
05-26-2012, 04:54 PM
lol... yes, it is all about race. Laimbeer got ejected from that game btw. And if it is about race, why did Paxon get a double-tech while Thomas got nothing?

Your mistake was taking the bait.

Sidenote, I'm willing to bet he's white, spoiled, suburban kid, anyway which makes it all the more comical.

justinnum1
lol

JasonJohnHorn
"Young Fellows"

You make it seem like you watched these games at the time.

Um... I DID watch these games at the time. I've been watching basketball since 1988. And I was a Bad Boy at heart.

sep11ie
05-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Wade doesn't flop

LOL.

Notice how long it took Joey Crawford to eject anyone during that compared to how fast it took him to eject Duncan for laughing on the bench...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Oh I see

Cfrey
05-26-2012, 04:58 PM
What is the point of this thread, honestly? Who gives a flying ****. The game has obviously changed and it is overall a less physical game but don't try and act like there were only tough guys back then... It's just that they could get away with it. Now the league babies everything and you just can't do that **** anymore.

chotito
05-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Today, players like each other too much.

But the hits Pittman and Bynum have done are as dirty as it gets.

So if by dirty you mean tuff then I guess they are tuff.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2012, 05:08 PM
lol Joey Crafword had hair

sep11ie
05-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Nevermind.

Too late

chotito
05-26-2012, 05:19 PM
lol Joey Crafword had hair

That was before DWade rubbed it all off!!!!!!!

AKAYaReal
05-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Knicks/Suns brawl with Doc against KJ

http://breadcity.org/2009/07/13/knicks-vs-suns-1993/

This is what I grew up on, physical basketball. What I miss about the game. I hate to see stars cry like babies for non calls on little tap fouls.

AMushroomStamp
05-26-2012, 06:50 PM
idk who is worse, the OP, NYSPIRIT1, Wade>you, Lattbby(or whatever his name is) or that bulls fan with t he d-rose avatar

popo85
05-26-2012, 07:02 PM
Knicks/Suns brawl with Doc against KJ

http://breadcity.org/2009/07/13/knicks-vs-suns-1993/

This is what I grew up on, physical basketball. What I miss about the game. I hate to see stars cry like babies for non calls on little tap fouls.

Mason and Oakley were not ones to mess with, i don't think any team had 2 players who were more intimdating.

Fnom11
05-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Wait you're telling me the game used to be more physical back in the day? Damn, didn't know that because I started watching basketball when Lebron joined the Heat.............................................

I don't get why this thread exists.

beasted86
05-26-2012, 08:55 PM
Wait you're telling me the game used to be more physical back in the day? Damn, didn't know that because I started watching basketball when Lebron joined the Heat.............................................

I don't get why this thread exists.
Wait a minute... Wasn't basketball invented on July 8th 2010? :confused:

Anyway, Some of the HEAT/Knicks 90s games were more physical than this.

shizzle09
05-26-2012, 09:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlGzseb0toI&feature=g-vrec

For those of you young fellows out there who thought the Indy/Miami series was physical, here's what the regular season used to look like. The hate was still brimming even though it had been two years since the Bulls and the Pistons had met in the playoffs.

Just sayin' yo.

I tried finding the Knicks/Suns brawl, but I couldn't seem to find it anywhere on youtube. If anybody out there has that one post it. And feel free to post some clips of some other physical games from back in the day.

If Wade flops like that from a hit from T-H, imagine what would have happened to him if he played against Rodman or Laimbeer?

Dude, shut the hell up. Wade was cut above the eye and you say he flopped. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: