PDA

View Full Version : Heat Next Round

cbreezy34
05-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Does anyone else think the Sixers would actually give the Heat a better run for their money then the Celtics at this point? Now listen, I know the Celtics were laughably better against the Heat during the regular season. Paul Pierce has always been able to get into Lebrons head for whatever reason and Rondo has always exposed Chalmers. The Celtics were 3-1 during the regular season while the Sixers were 0-4. I understand all of this, but I feel like if the Celtics ending up winning game 7 tonight (which I expect they will) they will have exposed every single ounce of energy they have left. Allens ankle is messed up and honestly shouldn't be on the court, bradley is done for the season and they have no depth at this point. Meanwhile the Sixers are young and maybe dont know any better at this point, playing with full house money nothing to lose attitude. Maybe the Celts have more in the tank then im giving them credit for, but based on game 6 it seemed like there just really gased. Again I expect the Celtics to win tonight and would be shocked otherwise, but if they do make it tothe next round the Heat would sweep them.

justinnum1
05-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Miami owns the sixers. Totally owns them.

DR_1
05-26-2012, 11:23 AM
If the Celtics win tonight the ECF's will go 7 games. If the Sixers win Miami will sweep. Sorry, but the Heat have Philly's number.

shep33
05-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Boston

Mosesmoreno#1
05-26-2012, 11:44 AM
It's all about matchup problems. No way philly matches up close to Miami. Boston will give the heat fits, and will be an exciting ECF. If philly makes it, Ive said it before, without bosh the entire series and they can still play wade sparingly to rest him up and take it in 6. That's how good they are.

kdspurman
05-26-2012, 11:45 AM
Philly just does not match up well with Miami. Evan Turner even admitted it lol.. Boston is a veteran bunch that can push Miami to 6-7 games especially without Bosh. Philly doesn't have anyone on the offensive end that can continue to put pressure on the Heat's defense, and that's why they would likely be great defensive-low scoring games, but Miami would win in 5 games likely.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-26-2012, 12:07 PM
Miami would beat both anyway...

theLgndKllr35
05-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Bosh gives the Sixers the most problems. If he was out, it would be a much more exciting series. The Sixers have no frontcourt, but an extremely good backcourt, especially defensively. With Bosh, I definitely agree the Celtics would be a better matchup for the Heat than the Sixers. Without him. I'd side with the Sixers considering they're more athletic and their bigger backcourt.

KnicksTape
05-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Miami would beat both anyway...

True fan.

justinnum1
05-26-2012, 12:37 PM
miami would be philly in 5 and boston in 6 imo without bosh

but i expect bosh back in a week-week and a half

Dade County
05-26-2012, 12:46 PM
If the league wants Miami to go 7 games against the C's then thats whats going to happen... If the League wants the HEAT to 4-0 the C's or 76ers, then thats whats going to happen.

NBA = Entertainment ............. and the HEAT are all about drama ( ratings baby )

heattiltheend94
05-26-2012, 01:05 PM
True fan.

he is just simply a realist

NYMetros
05-26-2012, 01:07 PM
The Sixers would get swept out of their building in 4 games.

JWO35
05-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Sixers would take it to 6 if they are lucky(like someone said, they matchup well), but I don't see them beating the heat in a series...but Boston on the other hand I can actual see them upsetting the Heat because how well they played them in the Regular Season.

Yankeefan213
05-26-2012, 01:08 PM
miami would be philly in 5 and boston in 6 imo without bosh

but i expect bosh back in a week-week and a half

Well since you expect him back he will definitely be back!

Fnom11
05-26-2012, 01:09 PM
True fan.

Just because he believes his team would lose to another team doesn't mean he's not a true fan. You can be a rational fan who decides his or her own opinion or you could be a homer and believe you can beat any team, in example some Knicks fans.

KB-Pau-DH2012
Philly will win game 7 in Boston. I strongly feel Bosh will be back for game 1 against Philly, and I expect Heat to sweep them.

willabeast77
Miami/Celtics ECF would be better for Miami, but either way it would be a cake-walk to the Finals.

Fnom11
05-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Sixers would take it to 6 if they are lucky(like someone said, they matchup well), but I don't see them beating the heat in a series...but Boston on the other hand I can actual see them upsetting the Heat because how well they played them in the Regular Season.

You think a Celtics team without Bradley and a hobbled Ray Allen can beat the Heat? Personally, I don't think they have anyone who can keep up with Lebron and Wade at the moment, especially if they maintain their extremely high level of play as of late.

shizzle09
05-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Does anyone else think the Sixers would actually give the Heat a better run for their money then the Celtics at this point? Now listen, I know the Celtics were laughably better against the Heat during the regular season. Paul Pierce has always been able to get into Lebrons head for whatever reason and Rondo has always exposed Chalmers. The Celtics were 3-1 during the regular season while the Sixers were 0-4. I understand all of this, but I feel like if the Celtics ending up winning game 7 tonight (which I expect they will) they will have exposed every single ounce of energy they have left. Allens ankle is messed up and honestly shouldn't be on the court, bradley is done for the season and they have no depth at this point. Meanwhile the Sixers are young and maybe dont know any better at this point, playing with full house money nothing to lose attitude. Maybe the Celts have more in the tank then im giving them credit for, but based on game 6 it seemed like there just really gased. Again I expect the Celtics to win tonight and would be shocked otherwise, but if they do make it tothe next round the Heat would sweep them.

Yet they got bounced 4-1 last year.

beasted86
05-26-2012, 01:17 PM
I dont get why haters want to convince themselves the Celtics can push Miami to 7 games without home court advantage.

It would be nice if some people just gave up on the act already.

NYMetros
05-26-2012, 01:18 PM
Yet they got bounced 4-1 last year.

Thanks to Wade's cheap shot on Rondo that dislocated his elbow in game 3.

justinnum1
05-26-2012, 01:18 PM
Philly will win game 7 in Boston. I strongly feel Bosh will be back for game 1 against Philly, and I expect Heat to sweep them.

Bosh won't be back for at least another week. Prob game 3 or 4 of ecf

NYMetros
05-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Just because he believes his team would lose to another team doesn't mean he's not a true fan. You can be a rational fan who decides his or her own opinion or you could be a homer and believe you can beat any team, in example some Knicks fans.

That gif with West in your sig is hilarious :laugh:

Donuts365
05-26-2012, 01:24 PM
sixers sweep i wouldn't even watch it brutal

Donuts365
05-26-2012, 01:26 PM
boston would win or over in 6 if they dont come out strong

greg_ory_2005
05-26-2012, 01:27 PM
I rather see Celts and Heat.

ManRam
05-26-2012, 01:28 PM
Philly is better than their final seeding suggested. They had a really tough patch of their season that killed it, but I think they (and it's showing now) are more like the early 2012 Sixers team than the later 2012 Sixers team.

Problem is, they don't have enough scoring to keep up with Miami IMO. They're really gonna have to shut down Wade and Bron, and right now, that looks pretty tough to do. Granted, Iggy is an elite perimeter defender and they also have some decent size. But yeah...I just don't think they can score enough.

NoahH
05-26-2012, 01:29 PM
The HEAT absolutely obliterated the Sixers in the regular season. Heat 4-0 over Sixers by an average of 12pts

heattiltheend94
05-26-2012, 01:30 PM
i say heat would sweep 76ers, 5 games if Bosh is out.
beat boston in 5 with bosh, 7 without.

beasted86
05-26-2012, 01:33 PM

You do make a point... with the Celtics winning the first 2 games, and being ahead in that 3rd game in the first half before Rondo's injury, they looked like they were in control of that series.

popo85
05-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Go Philly or Mia, anyone but Boston lol...

NYMetros
05-26-2012, 01:35 PM
You do make a point... with the Celtics winning the first 2 games, and being ahead in that 3rd game in the first half before Rondo's injury, they looked like they were in control of that series.

Game 4 went to OT. You don't think a Rondo that isn't playing with 1 arm doesn't make a difference there?

meloman1592
05-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Heat would beat either but Philly would get smacked up and down

shizzle09
05-26-2012, 01:42 PM

He had absolutely no intentions of hurting Rondo. Dirty? thats a bit overboard.

topdog
05-26-2012, 01:44 PM
I'd say it comes down to offense and that means Boston has the better chance. Both teams are strong defenses as was Indy. The issue arises though that Lebron and Wade are going to put up some points and you need to match that. Boston has more weapons.

Miami fans are so silly the way they complain abouts refs... it's going to 6 "if the league wants it too" smh

Dade County
05-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Game 4 went to OT. You don't think a Rondo that isn't playing with 1 arm doesn't make a difference there?

I do.......

But that was last year's C's team, this one looks to be on their last leg. The HEAT are going to run and gun on them if they meet the C's this year; still should be a good series though.

shizzle09
05-26-2012, 01:47 PM
You think a Celtics team without Bradley and a hobbled Ray Allen can beat the Heat? Personally, I don't think they have anyone who can keep up with Lebron and Wade at the moment, especially if they maintain their extremely high level of play as of late.

lol, love that gif of West in your sig. Hilarious. Cant even high five the pacers fans that paid to watch them that night. pacers really have a bunch of d bags on that team.

Dade County
05-26-2012, 01:49 PM
I'd say it comes down to offense and that means Boston has the better chance. Both teams are strong defenses as was Indy. The issue arises though that Lebron and Wade are going to put up some points and you need to match that. Boston has more weapons.

Miami fans are so silly the way they complain abouts refs... it's going to 6 "if the league wants it too" smh

My statement had nothing to do with the refs... smh

I was just pointing out the fact that the NBA is pure ( Entertainment ).... and if they want the HEAT to create drama, thats what will happen.

Open your eyes, and stop being fooled.

ManRam
05-26-2012, 01:53 PM
My statement had nothing to do with the refs... smh

I was just pointing out the fact that the NBA is pure ( Entertainment ).... and if they want the HEAT to create drama, thats what will happen.

Open your eyes, and stop being fooled.

And even if he read the comment correctly...pretending only Heat fans blame refs for things is an absolute joke :laugh2: Every fan base of good teams whines just as much...and at the very least, those rooting against the Heat will complain just as much as those rooting for them.

The only absolute thing about ref whining is that it comes from all parties of the rooting spectrum.

justinnum1
05-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Miami fans hardly blame refs, except one guy.

Marlin234
05-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Philly just took Boston to 7. And you fools believe Boston would take HEAT to 7 as well? That's some good stuff. Pass it my way next.

TheNumber37
05-26-2012, 02:02 PM
bosh won't even get back til like game 4 or 5... with rust. Boston in 6

justinnum1
05-26-2012, 02:04 PM
bosh won't even get back til like game 4 or 5... with rust. Boston in 6

lol, im sure you thought indy would win too after bosh went down? am i right?

jp611
05-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Miami fans hardly blame refs, except one guy.

What are you going to blame them for? Giving you a ridiculous FT disparity to your advantage each and every night? Letting Lebron and Wade get away with flopping and criticizing the refs after each call? It's hard to blame the refs when they are practically on your side... And if you are a Heat fan and blame the refs you are exhibiting borderline psychotic behavior

jp611
05-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Philly just took Boston to 7. And you fools believe Boston would take HEAT to 7 as well? That's some good stuff. Pass it my way next.

Theres this thing called matchups

MTL_123
05-26-2012, 02:14 PM
well we better play philly nxt round cuz i just bet $200 that philly wins game 7 against boston lol

jp611
05-26-2012, 02:34 PM
What are you going to blame them for? Giving you a ridiculous FT disparity to your advantage each and every night? Letting Lebron and Wade get away with flopping and criticizing the refs after each call? It's hard to blame the refs when they are practically on your side... And if you are a Heat fan and blame the refs you are exhibiting borderline psychotic behavior

Want to make sure you see this Justin

MTL_123
05-26-2012, 02:43 PM

wat are u talking about

game 1 we shot 10 more ft (alot)
game 2 we shot 2 more ft
game 3 pacers shot 5 more ft
game 4 we shot 4 more ft
game 5 we shot 6 more ft
game 6 pacers shot 4 more

besides for game 1 ft disparity wasnt that big stop talking like u watch heat games cuz i know u dont

jp611
05-26-2012, 02:44 PM
wat are u talking about

game 2 we shot 2 more ft
game 4 we shot 4 more ft
game 5 we shot 6 more ft

besides for game 1 ft disparity wasnt that big stop talking like u watch heat games cuz i know u dont

Because one series dictates everything :rolleyes:

beasted86
05-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Theres this thing called matchups

So I'd like to hear in what ways the 76ers match up better against the Celtics than Miami... what categories are they better than Miami that makes them a bad matchup against Boston.

ManRam
05-26-2012, 03:22 PM
People need to stop thinking FT disparity directly correlates with bias officiating. It absolutely does not, and is an absolutely horrid way of "judging" officiating. Sometimes it might, but it isn't judging the issue that matters: whether or not good/correct calls were being made.

The Heat should, considering their style of play and how aggressive LeBron and Wade are, get to the line more than most other teams, especially teams like Indy. Indy shot a significant amount more deep jumpers, and doesn't really have a guy who attacks/slashes and gets to the rim like those two...

I mean, just go back and watch the games and take note of how often Lebron and Wade were attacking (especially the last 3 games), and tell me how many fouls they drew that weren't legit. People always ***** about Wade in 2006, but if you watch the film he was getting to the rim WITH EASE (Dallas didn't have anyone who could slow him) and Dallas was fouling time after time. He got to the line at an insane rate, but he earned the vast, vast, vast, vast majority of those trips to the line. Aggression rewards...

Stars don't get more foul calls simply because they're stars, they get them because they force the issue, they tend to attack the rim the most and they know how to draw contact...not to mention the higher volume of shots they tend to take. Few players force the issue and attack with the relentlessness that Wade and Lebron do, and that's why they get to the line so much...especially when they're playing like they did in the last three games.

Blitzbolt
05-26-2012, 03:31 PM
If I'm the Heat I rather play the celtics because it will keep them playing at a high Level going into the Finals.

Also as a fan You want to see Boston ,sixers are great and young I like them but you know the heat might own them.

jp611
05-26-2012, 03:37 PM
People need to stop thinking FT disparity directly correlates with bias officiating. It absolutely does not, and is an absolutely horrid way of "judging" officiating. Sometimes it might, but it isn't judging the issue that matters: whether or not good/correct calls were being made.

The Heat should, considering their style of play and how aggressive LeBron and Wade are, get to the line more than most other teams, especially teams like Indy. Indy shot a significant amount more deep jumpers, and doesn't really have a guy who attacks/slashes and gets to the rim like those two...

I mean, just go back and watch the games and take note of how often Lebron and Wade were attacking (especially the last 3 games), and tell me how many fouls they drew that weren't legit. People always ***** about Wade in 2006, but if you watch the film he was getting to the rim WITH EASE (Dallas didn't have anyone who could slow him) and Dallas was fouling time after time. He got to the line at an insane rate, but he earned the vast, vast, vast, vast majority of those trips to the line. Aggression rewards...

Stars don't get more foul calls simply because they're stars, they get them because they force the issue, they tend to attack the rim the most and they know how to draw contact...not to mention the higher volume of shots they tend to take. Few players force the issue and attack with the relentlessness that Wade and Lebron do, and that's why they get to the line so much...especially when they're playing like they did in the last three games.

That's just one aspect of the issue... I mentioned my other ones... The flopping they get away with, the complaining they get away with, the criticizing of officials they get away with... Sure they are more aggressive, and that may have to do with the FT disparity, but has nothing to do with getting away with flopping, complaining and criticizing officials... I literally see Wade cry every single time he thinks he's fouled (which is every time he misses a shot) and NEVER get a technical foul... I look at how Boozer is treated if he opens his mouth and it's an automatic technical... The same rules don't apply to these guys... It's a joke and something needs to be changed

Dade County
05-26-2012, 03:38 PM
wat are u talking about

game 2 we shot 2 more ft
game 4 we shot 4 more ft
game 5 we shot 6 more ft

I actually think the HEAT are supposed to have more free throws per game then most teams that they are playing on any given night.

playing against the pacers, we should have 10 more foul line trips then them (maybe even more).... With players like Wade & Lbj I am kind of shock that we didn't get to the line more.... Alot of you posters must of forgot that these guys can make it to the line 9 to 11 times each.

But what do I know, i am just a HEAT fan :facepalm:

Big Zo
05-26-2012, 03:39 PM
If I'm the Heat I rather play the celtics because it will keep them playing at a high Level going into the Finals.

Also as a fan You want to see Boston ,sixers are great and young I like them but you know the heat might own them.

I think the Heat can beat either team, but Boston can give them some real fits with Bosh being out. I know I'm gonna sound like "Mr. Overconfident Heat fan", but I'd rather they face the Sixers and let Bosh rest until the finals.

Bring The Heat
05-26-2012, 05:01 PM

Great post.... Unfortunately a lot of idiots on this board who do not understand what you are saying.. Like you said if you actually go back and watch the film, Wade and LeBron draw legit fouls because there opponent can not slow them down or prevent them from getting to the rim, forcing them to foul

beasted86
05-26-2012, 05:19 PM

Great post.... Unfortunately a lot of idiots on this board who do not understand what you are saying.. Like you said if you actually go back and watch the film, Wade and LeBron draw legit fouls because there opponent can not slow them down or prevent them from getting to the rim, forcing them to foul

Agreed with these. Also as ESPN showed in that Game 6 footage against Indiana there were at least 5 more drives by LeBron alone that could have been called fouls and weren't.

Wade and LeBron should be averaging 12+ FT attempts per game alone. Fans of opposing teams need something to cry about, so I'm not surprised. If it's not the FT disparity it's the HEAT supposedly playing dirty or supposedly flopping on defense for charges drawn or something else. Rarely if ever will the haters just admit Miami was the better team and won because of that.

chotito
05-26-2012, 05:25 PM

It should also translates into more offensive fouls, more turnovers, more reach in fouls ....

Again, I love my team but come on. We are the best flopping team in the NBA and until the REFs do something about it we need to keep doing it more and more. Lots of travels that don't get called either so keep doing it too.

That is the way games are played. Folks just gotta recognize it is a sign of intelligence but if going strictly by the book. Gotta speak truth.

chotito
05-26-2012, 05:28 PM
Agreed with these. Also as ESPN showed in that Game 6 footage against Indiana there were at least 5 more drives by LeBron alone that could have been called fouls and weren't.

Wade and LeBron should be averaging 12+ FT attempts per game alone. Fans of opposing teams need something to cry about, so I'm not surprised. If it's not the FT disparity it's the HEAT supposedly playing dirty or supposedly flopping on defense for charges drawn or something else. Rarely if ever will the haters just admit Miami was the better team and won because of that.

Of course we were the better team. I don't think people are arguing that. But the REFs and whistle help a bit.

Half those "contact" fouls you say are not called could also be called Offensive Fouls. If the opposing players would flop like Battier or LeBron they would actually get some of them.

beasted86
05-26-2012, 05:34 PM
Of course we were the better team. I don't think people are arguing that. But the REFs and whistle help a bit.

Half those "contact" fouls you say are not called could also be called Offensive Fouls. If the opposing players would flop like Battier or LeBron they would actually get some of them.

You are talking about maybe, just maybe 1 of the 7+ FTAs these guys get per game that could go either way and the refs missed it in live action. Most of the time the defender is late, or in the circle, or the player is actually in position and it's their teammate who reached in and blew the play for them.

Also, there are way more "no calls" that are defensive fouls on the replay than offensive fouls on the replay.

Wade>You
05-26-2012, 05:36 PM
.Love the sig.