PDA

View Full Version : Where does Kyle Lowry land?

RLundi
05-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Kyle Lowry: It's me or Kevin McHale

Kyle Lowry expects the Houston Rockets' backcourt to look a little different next year.

The Rockets guard told the Houston Chronicle on Friday that he does not think he and Goran Dragic will both return next season. And he is especially unlikely to play for Houston if Kevin McHale returns as coach.

"I don't think so," Lowry told the newspaper about returning to play for McHale. "I honestly think it would be tough. Things have to be addressed. The situation would have to be addressed.

"If things aren't addressed coaching-wise, I guess I have to be moved."

With the emergence of Dragic, this isn't a huge surprise, but Lowry was having a great season before getting injured. Where do you think he lands?

ManRam
05-26-2012, 08:36 AM
I have no idea...but if Orlando doesn't retain Jameer, I'd love for them to get either of those two. Not sure that's possible, but I really think both players are going to continue to get better and become really good players (they already are...).

5ass
05-26-2012, 08:53 AM
i agree, dragic and lowry are very good point guards, id like for orlando to go after one of them.

Hawkeye15
05-26-2012, 08:56 AM
Portland has a billion dollars in cap space and needs a PG. Dragic will get a nice offer from them midnight 7/1.

Lowry will either stay in Houston and shut up, or be used as yet another attempted Morey special.

spreadeagle
05-26-2012, 08:56 AM
Toronto for their lottery pick maybe? fans have been talking bout getting Lowry or Dragic for a while

CB29
05-26-2012, 08:57 AM
Man i'd love Lowry here in toronto...

JNoel
05-26-2012, 08:58 AM
Sacramento, Phoenix if Nash leaves, possibly Dallas, Portland, New Orleans, possibly Orlando

D12 fan
05-26-2012, 09:13 AM
i agree, dragic and lowry are very good point guards, id like for orlando to go after one of them.

Only way Lowry ends up in Orlando is if it's a trade for Dwight.

Bulls_fan90
05-26-2012, 09:26 AM
I think they'll keep one and trade the other for a relatively high pick.

PC
05-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Maybe LA in a deal for Gasol? Logical fit for both sides.

Magic11
05-26-2012, 09:37 AM
The Rockets have been after a good big man for a year. The Jazz could give them Al Jefferson, or the Lakers could give Pau Gasol.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2012, 09:44 AM
LakerLand

Jarvo
05-26-2012, 09:57 AM
I like both Dragic was under Nash in PHX and Kyle was always a baller to me but like someone said up top keep one and trade the other.

netsgiantsyanks
05-26-2012, 09:58 AM
brooklyn if deron jets.

dalton749
05-26-2012, 10:31 AM
toronto. hes one of caseys favourite players

kozelkid
05-26-2012, 10:38 AM
I'd totally bet on Portland.Great fit and the type of player they'd target.Underrated and produces at a high level.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-26-2012, 10:42 AM

Yeah I could see that happening.

TO Rapz
05-26-2012, 10:44 AM
toronto. hes one of caseys favourite players

Do you have a link to where Casey states this? And yes, Toronto please. :pray:

Hellcrooner
05-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Houston deemed him untouchable and that stoped a Pau deal.

If he is no longer untouchable then its probably a lock that de Lowry and Scola for Pau happens.

sep11ie
05-26-2012, 11:02 AM
I think Dragic will be retained and Lowry will be packaged in a big deal. He just seems to have problems everywhere he goes. I mean, he's a beast and very fun to watch, but eventually enough is enough.

shep33
05-26-2012, 11:15 AM
LA maybe? Pau for Lowry and Scola?

lakersiznumber1
05-26-2012, 11:32 AM
if lakers still want him for pau he will be a laker next season

NBA-GMaster
05-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Lowry to Orlando if its Dwight trade to Houston
Lowry to Portland if its exchange for Andre Drummond
Lowry to Toronto (same with Portland)
My bet is a trade to Sacramento: Lowry, 14th and 16th pick for Evans and their 1st pick(if top 2-5)

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Lowry for our 8th (if that's the pick we end up with at the lottery).

SA5195
05-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Toronto :drool:

Chacarron
05-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Lowry + Scola for Pau. Do it Mitch!

Chronz
05-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Orlando should have never given him up in the first place, they valued the wrong PG.

D12 fan
05-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Orlando should have never given him up in the first place, they valued the wrong PG.

What?:confused:

D12 fan
05-26-2012, 01:41 PM
This is another reason why I think Houston might be a frontrunner to land Dwight on draft night.

Lowry,Martin,Dalembert,2 1rd 14/16 for Dwight,Turk

GiantsSwaGG
05-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Knicks

Donuts365
05-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Man i'd love Lowry here in toronto...

will a pimp

smith&wesson
05-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Portland has a billion dollars in cap space and needs a PG. Dragic will get a nice offer from them midnight 7/1.

Lowry will either stay in Houston and shut up, or be used as yet another attempted Morey special.

toronto has lots of capspace as well and def needs a pg moving fwd.

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2012, 02:04 PM
toronto has lots of capspace as well and def needs a pg moving fwd.
not really...we have Jonas, a #1 pick, and possibly Bayless to sign

smith&wesson
05-26-2012, 02:11 PM
not really...we have Jonas, a #1 pick, and possibly Bayless to sign

how not ? were committed to 41 mill if we bring back bayless, and alabi. we'll be committed to alot less if we dont. also we can amnesty calderon as well if need be. we should have ample space for lowry.

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2012, 02:15 PM
how not ? were committed to 41 mill if we bring back bayless, and alabi. we'll be committed to alot less if we dont. also we can amnesty calderon as well if need be. we should have ample space for lowry.
it's close to 45m, plus we're gonna sign 2 high draft picks. so that'll be like 6-7 more million?

sep11ie
05-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Memphis should have never given him up in the first place, they valued the wrong PG.

Fixed.

I think it was because of his bad attitude...

mightybosstone
05-26-2012, 02:33 PM
This is another reason why I think Houston might be a frontrunner to land Dwight on draft night.

Lowry,Martin,Dalembert,2 1rd 14/16 for Dwight,Turk

This. Granted, I'm a Rockets fan and that's a pipe dream, but since Houston was the frontrunner to land him last season, I think this might be the package that gets it done. Houston might also need to throw in a young player, maybe Patrick Patterson or (hopefully not) Chandler Parsons.

But I honestly think the Rockets are one team that has the pieces that could get a deal done for Dwight and if Orlando is smart, they'll deal him while a package like this is still possible.

Edit: And if the Rockets can retain Lee and Dragic, a Dragic-Lee-Parsons/Hedo-Scola-Dwight starting five would probably be a top 4 seed in the West next season.

MJ-BULLS
05-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Lakers.

CluTcH_c1tY
05-26-2012, 02:46 PM
This. Granted, I'm a Rockets fan and that's a pipe dream, but since Houston was the frontrunner to land him last season, I think this might be the package that gets it done. Houston might also need to throw in a young player, maybe Patrick Patterson or (hopefully not) Chandler Parsons.

But I honestly think the Rockets are one team that has the pieces that could get a deal done for Dwight and if Orlando is smart, they'll deal him while a package like this is still possible.

Edit: And if the Rockets can retain Lee and Dragic, a Dragic-Lee-Parsons/Hedo-Scola-Dwight starting five would probably be a top 4 seed in the West next season.

I think Dwight gets traded to the Rockets. The Rockets have a full set of assets that the Magic can covet. Also take this into consideration Houston is hosting next years all star game. Its been 3 years since a Rocket has been selected to the game, i think that changes next year.

FaM0us Skins
05-26-2012, 02:50 PM
I think he should sign with Toronto if he doesn't stay with the Rockets.

sep11ie
05-26-2012, 02:51 PM
I think he should sign with Toronto if he doesn't stay with the Rockets.

Who?

DreamShaker
05-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Unless Dragic comes back, KL is going NOWHERE. He is not a big enough star, or a big enough jerk, to get his trade demands met. If he does get traded, it will make sense.

Ezio
05-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Suns have Aaron Brooks?

sep11ie
05-26-2012, 03:09 PM
I agree with what you're saying, actually 100%. Gotta sign Dragic back first before we even THINK about trading the lil pudgy faced cutie.

smith&wesson
05-26-2012, 03:26 PM
it's close to 45m, plus we're gonna sign 2 high draft picks. so that'll be like 6-7 more million?

its not bro. its 41 mill and thats if we bring bayless & alabi back.

bayless qualifying offer is 4. something mill and alabi is close to a mill. thats 5 mill off the books if we dont bring them back. that would put us at 36 mill. look it up my man.

you can add jonas to that 36 mill. but the pick for this year could end up being in the trade for lowry if we were to go after like you suggested. we have the space is all im saying.

Blitzbolt
05-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Same thing happen in Memphis with Mike Conley.I don't miss him at all to tell you the true.

LAKERMANIA
05-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Well the Lakers have a very bad PG problem... And we do have Pau Gasol... :D :shrug:

Reyes6
05-26-2012, 03:31 PM
It's looking like a Howard/Gasol trade is becoming more of an inevitability by the day.

D12 fan
05-26-2012, 03:32 PM
I find it funny that Kyle Lowry basically is asking for his coach to be fired and demanding a trade,yet he gets no blame from the fans.While Dwight's gets bashed by fans for the same thing even though no one knows for sure if he really asked for SVG to be fired.

Why come nobody is bashing Kyle Lowry?

Chronz
05-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Same thing happen in Memphis with Mike Conley.I don't miss him at all to tell you the true.
Why not?

Blitzbolt
05-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Why not?

Because you don't want a guy like that in the locker room he wants to take 15+ shots a game and never lisens to the coach.

sep11ie
05-26-2012, 03:42 PM
I find it funny that Kyle Lowry basically is asking for his coach to be fired and demanding a trade,yet he gets no blame from the fans.While Dwight's gets bashed by fans for the same thing even though no one knows for sure if he really asked for SVG to be fired.

Are you comparing Dwight to Kyle? One is a WORLD WIDE superstar, the other is a top 10-12 PG.

Reyes6
05-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Are you comparing Dwight to Kyle? One is a WORLD WIDE superstar, the other is a top 10-12 PG.

I didn't know Dwight played PG :)

RLundi
05-26-2012, 03:54 PM

This package isn't a great one. Lowry is good, Martin is erratic and I don't know what to say about Dalembert but this package isn't great by any stretch of the imagination.

Lakers + Giants
05-26-2012, 03:55 PM

Don't give ppl any ideas. Watch the Pau to Houston Lowry/Scola/Martin to Nets and Deron to Lakers rumors begin.

torocan
05-26-2012, 04:04 PM

Maybe because Dwight is percieved as a 2-faced liar, and Kyle is being percieved as a guy who doesn't get along with his coach?

There's a difference between saying you don't get along with someone at work and saying it's Him or the Coach, and putting your arm around that person and saying that you love the guy in front of the world while you're busy stabbing them in the back.

Punk
05-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Toronto or LA. If Toronto isn't in the Top 5, they will probably trade the pick for Lowry. If Deron stays in BK, LA would pull of that Gasol trade of Lowry, Martin, Scola, Patterson for Gasol.

AWC713
05-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Toronto or LA. If Toronto isn't in the Top 5, they will probably trade the pick for Lowry. If Deron stays in BK, LA would pull of that Gasol trade of Lowry, Martin, Scola, Patterson for Gasol.

What are you smoking? You think Pau Gasol is worth Lowry AND Martin AND Scola AND Patterson? Did you see how invisible Gasol became during the playoffs? Scola is arugably a better player on his own. Arguably. Look at his #'s.

Add that to Gasol's age and his bogus contract, and I would NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR that deal.

d. morey can do way better than that.

Chronz
05-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Fixed.

I think it was because of his bad attitude...

Memphis had to, just like Houston may have to. Thats the nature of the biz, its the guys who take over the hill players instead of talented ones looking for a fresh start that really look inept.

Chronz
05-26-2012, 04:20 PM
What?:confused:

Yes thats right, your GM has always been an idiot

Rocketsfan85
05-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Rockets were the front runners this trade deadline to land Howard Houston was about to land him until Dwight decided to opt in another yr for Orlando if he wouldn't have opted in Houston would have gotten him but nobody knows what the package was supposed to be

RLundi
05-26-2012, 04:21 PM
What are you smoking? You think Pau Gasol is worth Lowry AND Martin AND Scola AND Patterson? Did you see how invisible Gasol became during the playoffs? Scola is arugably a better player on his own. Arguably. Look at his #'s.

Add that to Gasol's age and his bogus contract, and I would NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR that deal.

d. morey can do way better than that.

I'm inclined to agree. Gasol was a no-show in the postseason and showed how fragile he really is, but that's the deal that was on the table at the start of the season and I think most people just (stupidly) assume that deal will still get it on. But realistically, after the season Gasol just had, I sincerely doubt Houston trades all of that for him.

Chronz
05-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Because you don't want a guy like that in the locker room he wants to take 15+ shots a game and never lisens to the coach.
His only beef was not getting playing time.

Chronz
05-26-2012, 04:24 PM
I'm inclined to agree. Gasol was a no-show in the postseason and showed how fragile he really is, but that's the deal that was on the table at the start of the season and I think most people just (stupidly) assume that deal will still get it on. But realistically, after the season Gasol just had, I sincerely doubt Houston trades all of that for him.
Yea thats alot to give up but Gasol is miscast as a PF when he should be more of a full time center. Lowry+Scola would be a good start.

Hellcrooner
05-26-2012, 04:25 PM
lol people has 0 clue bout what has happened to gasol this season.

With some luck he will show them PAINFULLY this summer.

Blitzbolt
05-26-2012, 04:34 PM
His only beef was not getting playing time.

Mike Conley was playing WAY better then him he got beat he knew it was over and started to cry for a trade blaming the coaches.

What would you do in that situation?I'm glad we got rid of him Because Conley has been playing very well and without the talking and the Ball hog playing style.And the salary is way lower also.

PAOboston
05-26-2012, 04:38 PM
LA is a logical choice. gasol for scola/lowry or something like that. it almost happened last year. kinda makes sense for both teams.

sep11ie
05-26-2012, 04:38 PM
I didn't know Dwight played PG :)

Got me!

PAOboston
05-26-2012, 04:41 PM

i think gasol playing poorly had a lot more to do with the way the lakers offense operated. i dont think LA utilizes him properly (or bynum for that matter). i think they try to make him too much of a jump shooter. gasol is a very gifted player. i think he'll play better again when he's not on the lakers.

RLundi
05-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Yea thats alot to give up but Gasol is miscast as a PF when he should be more of a full time center. Lowry+Scola would be a good start.

Lowry and Scola is ALL Houston should offer.

RLundi
05-26-2012, 04:45 PM
i think gasol playing poorly had a lot more to do with the way the lakers offense operated. i dont think LA utilizes him properly (or bynum for that matter). i think they try to make him too much of a jump shooter. gasol is a very gifted player. i think he'll play better again when he's not on the lakers.

I agree, he probably was ill-suited for whatever it is Mike Brown was trying to do but the lasting image most teams will have of him are his struggles in the postseason and they won't offer as much as they would have at the start of last season.

b_russ
05-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Would Houston be interested in Al Jefferson?

Wolfman01
05-26-2012, 05:06 PM
The Lakers pursed Kyle Lowry strongly before the all star break. I think they still have interest in Kyle Lowry.

Chronz
05-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Mike Conley was playing WAY better then him he got beat he knew it was over and started to cry for a trade blaming the coaches.
What makes you think he played WAY better? Its funny cuz once he got to Houston I saw a guy who played better than Ive ever seen Conley play that year and he defended at an ELITE level, soon thereafter was playing at a MUCH higher level than Conley.

What would you do in that situation?I'm glad we got rid of him Because Conley has been playing very well and without the talking and the Ball hog playing style.And the salary is way lower also.

Actually Lowry has been paid less and is still being paid less. Im glad you got rid of him too, personally I think he wouldve done a slightly better job defending CP3 but his much superior offensive efficiency wouldve been the true difference.

popo85
05-26-2012, 06:31 PM
Solid guard but not worth a top 10 pick, now pulling that diva crap...

smith&wesson
05-26-2012, 06:55 PM
i dunno, if the raps get the 8th pick im pretty sure the raps would be willing to trade it for lowry.

D12 fan
05-26-2012, 06:57 PM
i dunno, if the raps get the 8th pick im pretty sure the raps would be willing to trade it for lowry.

Why would Houston do that?

popo85
05-26-2012, 07:13 PM

Dragic played well when Lowry was hurt, its not like Lowrys a game changing PG. Toronto is better off holding on to that pick although this draft isn't great they can still get a good pick at 8 who will be on there rookie contract next 3-4 years.

smith&wesson
05-26-2012, 07:49 PM

because lowry is obviously disgruntled in terms of playing time. houston has dragic and its a top 10 pick.

why the raps do it ? because we need a young pg to move fwd with and there arent too many in this draft.

LakersIn5
05-26-2012, 07:53 PM
lowry and lawson pretty much the same. who do you guys think is better?

kingmatsundin
05-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Why Portland? so their medical staff can ruin Lowry's career like they did with Roy and Oden?

Cracka2HI!
05-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Jazz or Lakers make the most sense.

beasted86
05-26-2012, 08:24 PM
because lowry is obviously disgruntled in terms of playing time. houston has dragic and its a top 10 pick.

why the raps do it ? because we need a young pg to move fwd with and there arent too many in this draft.
Lowry is not worth a top 8 pick.

If I'm the Raptors I re-sign Bayless, throw about $9M at Batum hoping it's just enough for the Blazers not to match, and I draft another young player to fill out the rotation. If Bayless shows anything early I hand him the keys and trade Calderon for another piece.

smith&wesson
05-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Lowry is not worth a top 8 pick.

If I'm the Raptors I re-sign Bayless, throw about $9M at Batum hoping it's just enough for the Blazers not to match, and I draft another young player to fill out the rotation. If Bayless shows anything early I hand him the keys and trade Calderon for another piece.

depends. lowry is a stud when healthy. we need a pg and if we get the 8th pick alot of the players we would want in the draft would be had already. now if we get lucky and get something like the 3rd pick then i would def keep it.

TFleury14
05-26-2012, 09:07 PM
I'd say Portland is the most likely option. They definitely need a PG and they will most likely be throwing money at any good PG they can find.

Blitzbolt
05-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Lowry is a cancer trust me you don't want him in your team.

Punk
05-26-2012, 11:05 PM
lowry and lawson pretty much the same. who do you guys think is better?
Lowry is much better than Lawson. He had Chris Paul like numbers for the last 2 seasons as a starter.

Davidgta1
05-26-2012, 11:14 PM
Lowry is much better than Lawson. He had Chris Paul like numbers for the last 2 seasons as a starter.

But he's a cancer still a good pg could be great with the right team.

AWC713
05-26-2012, 11:14 PM
Lowry is a cancer trust me you don't want him in your team.

thats absolutely NOT true. he's a great player that leaves everything on the court. he plays with 110% effort all the time and plays his freaking heart out. he puts the team on his back and will do anything for his teammates. hes the opposite of a team cancer.

the problem is that goran completely excelled in his absense. and, watching every game, i believe goran is the better all around player. he's bigger, faster, and more athletic. hes jsut as good of a shooter too. hes better on D.

thats not to take away from lowry. guy is a bulldog and a lot of teams would LOVE to have him. he's just upset because, when he tried to reassilmilate into the lineup, it didnt work out. he was weak and lost 20 pounds of muscle due to his bacterial infection. he wasnt at game speed.

lets not forget how huge he was before he went down. the guy has ice in his veins and can be a game changer.

Davidgta1
05-26-2012, 11:24 PM
thats absolutely NOT true. he's a great player that leaves everything on the court. he plays with 110% effort all the time and plays his freaking heart out. he puts the team on his back and will do anything for his teammates. hes the opposite of a team cancer.

the problem is that goran completely excelled in his absense. and, watching every game, i believe goran is the better all around player. he's bigger, faster, and more athletic. hes jsut as good of a shooter too. hes better on D.

thats not to take away from lowry. guy is a bulldog and a lot of teams would LOVE to have him. he's just upset because, when he tried to reassilmilate into the lineup, it didnt work out. he was weak and lost 20 pounds of muscle due to his bacterial infection. he wasnt at game speed.

lets not forget how huge he was before he went down. the guy has ice in his veins and can be a game changer.
Kyle Lowry does not believe he can coexist with coach Kevin McHale, may have to be traded.

Barely three weeks after surgery to repair a sports hernia and torn abductor muscles, Rockets guard Kyle Lowry returned to the Toyota Center weight rooms and went through shooting drills on the practice court.

But as he leaves town Saturday, he does not know if hell return to those familiar facilities or if he wants to be back.

Lowry does not believe he and Goran Dragic, his successor as the starting point guard this season, will both return to the roster next season. Lowry was even less confident he and Rockets coach Kevin McHale can successfully coexist.

I dont think so, Lowry, 26, said. I honestly think it would be tough. Things have to be addressed. The situation would have to be addressed.

If things arent addressed coaching-wise, I guess I have to be moved.

But McHale did not believe the issues were too great for him and Lowry to work well together.

Thats very surprising, McHale said. I didnt think we had too much of a problem coexisting this year. Everybody has a little beef every once in a while. I didnt feel like (there were problems). He apparently did.

There were times that we didnt agree on things. There were times that I got on him. I dont think it was unduly harsh on anybody.

Lowry and McHale seemed most at odds during a late-season game in Denver when McHale grabbed Lowry and pulled him back toward a huddle during a timeout with Lowry reacting angrily on the court. Both downplayed the incident in the next few days, but Lowry confirmed he needed to be restrained.

My teammates pulled me away, Lowry said. They did a good job.

GM, coach see no issues

General manager Daryl Morey, however, believes Lowry and McHale can succeed with the Rockets, especially with a second season together that includes the offseason and training camp that they did not have last season because of the NBA lockout.

I think Kyle and coach McHale are both winners and both competitive guys, Morey said. I dont anticipate any issues going forward.

The more pressing situation could be the Rockets choice at point guard. Dragic will be an unrestricted free agent and has said his goal is to be a starter with the responsibility to run a teams offense.

Dragic is expected to be targeted by several teams offering that opportunity, but Morey said the Rockets intend to sign Dragic. The GM and McHale met with Dragic after the season.

I think they work well together as players, Morey said. We plan to sign Goran.
Lowry considers Dragic worthy of the attention, but he said having both point guards likely would not work.

I would say I dont think so, Lowry said. Were both capable starters. We both want it. Its going to have to be a situation where they make a decision on one of us.

It has nothing to do with Goran. Im not happy with the way coaches handled things. If management wants to do something to keep Goran, I think Ill have to be moved.

If Lowry remains on the roster, teams offering Dragic a clear path to start could be at an advantage to sign him, but McHale said he can play Lowry and Dragic together.

I like that lineup with those guys out there, McHale said. They played together and I thought played very well together at times. There were many times I thought it was a very, very good lineup.

Working on rehab

For Lowry, his rehabilitation after the surgery is key no matter what happens with the Rockets.

I played through the sports hernia since July, Lowry said. It got worse. I got banged up. I got sick (with a bacterial infection that hospitalized him for a week). I had surgery to fix the hernia and abductor tears. It was definitely a crazy year for me. Its a big summer for me to come back healthy, to get a whole summer of my usual offseason training.

I think Im still a foundation guy. You can build around me. If Im not here, thats welcomed. If Im here, I guess thats welcome, too.

source: http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket...me-to-move-on/

Seems like a cancer to me.

RLundi
05-26-2012, 11:33 PM

?

You could make the case that Lowry is better (and I'd like to hear your rationale) but 'much' better seems totally excessive. Even with all of Lowry's brilliance last season, Lawson was right there with him, if not better. Lowry is a better defender and rebounder at the guard spot but Lawson beat him in nearly every other statistical category.

Chronz
05-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Dragic vs Lowry is interesting, I like Lowry because of his defense (Even if it was a down year for him in that regard) but Dragic played well too.

Blitzbolt
05-27-2012, 12:10 AM

But this is the second time this happen with two different teams.He calls out the coaches and demands a trade for no reason just because he is not happy with his role.

Verbal Christ
05-27-2012, 11:51 AM
so anytime a player is frustrated, makes some chippy comments he's labled a 'cancer' ??? that could probably apply to most of the NBA.

Dragic and Lowry IMO both play a superior defensive game. Dragics' size at the point is prototypical, and he is becoming a more potent offensive threat. Lowry also when going to the basket is an 'And 1' machine, but his inclination to flop around and look for fouls has been rubbing me the wrong way.

Fact of the Matter: Lowry is on a very,very cap/team friendly contract. Dragic is probably going to demand more money. I dont see how Morey with his penchant for "value" goes all-in to sign Dragic since he has a player who is arguably just as good on the roster already.

only way it gets crazy is if the Rockets somehow trade for Dwight, and leave enough on the roster to somehow get Deron interested.

heattiltheend94
05-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Lakers. Lowry and Scola for Gasol, Blake and a 1st

Verbal Christ
05-27-2012, 12:22 PM
gasol makes me sick. i'd much rather send the same package to miami as well as some picks for chris bosh.

BenFrank
05-27-2012, 12:25 PM
If Houston Trade's Lowry to Orlando for Howard.. Houston might let Dragic walk and go after D-Will

mamba24
05-27-2012, 12:43 PM
this is the way that the lakers can get deron williams...

Pau to houston
Lowry and others to brooklyn
Dwill to the lakers

the others who would go with lowry could be a combo of lakers and houston players... (ebanks, scola, martin, draft picks, etc...) any combo that would work under the financial restrictions of making trades...

D12 fan
05-27-2012, 01:14 PM
If Houston Trade's Lowry to Orlando for Howard.. Houston might let Dragic walk and go after D-Will

Agreed.:clap:

nycericanguy
05-27-2012, 01:17 PM
A deal with MIA makes sense

Scola, Martin & Lowry

for Bosh & Chalmers

D12 fan
05-27-2012, 01:32 PM
A deal with MIA makes sense

Scola, Martin & Lowry

for Bosh & Chalmers

You just handed Miami the next 3 titles after that trade.

Lowry,Cole
Wade,Martin
Lebron,Battier
Scola,Haslem
Anthony,Tufiaf,Pittman.

Verbal Christ
05-27-2012, 02:13 PM
this is the way that the lakers can get deron williams...

Pau to houston
Lowry and others to brooklyn
Dwill to the lakers

the others who would go with lowry could be a combo of lakers and houston players... (ebanks, scola, martin, draft picks, etc...) any combo that would work under the financial restrictions of making trades...

pau was only in play for HOU when they were trying to team him with his brother or Nene before last season. He hasnt done ANYTHING for the ROX to view him as some kind of pillar to build around, he's only uber productive when playing around superior players, which the Rockets clearly do not have. Also, why in the hell would HOU be inclined to dramatically improve the lakers, while taking on their soft, fading player, and trading away their best young talent 'and others' .... makes no sense whatsoever. I thought we were all trying to be serious?

nycericanguy
05-27-2012, 02:37 PM
You just handed Miami the next 3 titles after that trade.

Lowry,Cole
Wade,Martin
Lebron,Battier
Scola,Haslem
Anthony,Tufiaf,Pittman.

maybe, but it makes sense. MIA gains some much needed depth and a big upgrade at PG.

HOU finally gets their all star PF they've been trying to trade for. and a backup PG that Lowry doesn't want to be to Dragic.

Amare & Lin for Lowry, martin & Scola also makes sense.

DR_1
05-27-2012, 02:45 PM
I think he'll go to the Lakers for Pau.