PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard denies role in firing

popo85
05-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard told TMZ on Thursday he played no role in the team's decision to fire coach Stan Van Gundy.

"I hate to see anyone lose their job," Howard told TMZ. "... Me and Stan ... we had our ups and downs ... but for the most part we had one goal ... to win a championship in Orlando, but we fell short."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7972849/orlando-magic-dwight-howard-says-played-no-role-firing-stan-van-gundy

justinnum1
05-25-2012, 07:14 PM
stfu howard

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-25-2012, 07:16 PM
What else can he say lol

smith&wesson
05-25-2012, 07:19 PM
this guy has straight up lost his mind.

greg_ory_2005
05-25-2012, 09:09 PM
Played no role in the firing....okay

ManRam
05-25-2012, 09:28 PM
The funniest thing about this all...

"Dwight Howard told TMZ..."

Sorry, I'll take Stan's word over your's, Dwight.

Cal827
05-25-2012, 09:31 PM
If this guy isn't least favorite player in the NBA next season, half of the players must smoke weed and crack on their off-days.

meloman1592
05-25-2012, 09:33 PM
I still like Dwight :hide:
Pretty cool guy if you ask me :shrug:

dtmagnet
05-25-2012, 09:42 PM
I still like Dwight :hide:
Pretty cool guy if you ask me :shrug:

Yeah I love how he handcuffed a franchise and fanbase and manipulated all those people, what a cool guy.

Yankee Clipper
05-25-2012, 09:44 PM
Very hard for me to believe.

FaM0us Skins
05-25-2012, 09:59 PM
DH is a idiot :facepalm:

jrm2054
05-25-2012, 10:03 PM
I believe him I'm sure he said trade me I don't wanna be here regardless of who's the coach and Orlando decided to clean house

THE GIPPER
05-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Yeah I love how he handcuffed a franchise and fanbase and manipulated all those people, what a cool guy.

Yes Dwight handled the whole situation poorly but could the organization have been run any worse? I mean seriously, how hard is it to find competent players to play with Dwight Howard? Dwight has never once played with any other good players in his time in ORL. 8 years and no help. Why should he trust that franchise to provide him with the support he needs to win a Championship?

ATLPRIMETIME21
05-25-2012, 10:53 PM
What a lie...Its amazing how he can sit there and say that after just 3 months ago he was in managements office wanting his coach fired because he is a baby and cant handle a coach yelling at him. I hope Dwight Howard goes somewhere like Toronto so he can see how good he really had it in Orlando. Please Orlando trade this clown

RLundi
05-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Every time I imagine Dwight speaking, he's doing so in a matter-of-factly kind of way where he tries to absolve himself from all blame and responsibility.

In essence, he is a schmuck.

torocan
05-26-2012, 12:08 AM
It's a bit boggling that Dwight thinks anyone would take his word over SVG's.

SVG has been guilty of alot of things, dishonesty was never one of them.

Toss in the JVG went on ESPN Radio and pretty much backed SVG's story, and I doubt that both of them would put their own reputations on the line over something they didn't believe was true.

Real cluster from in Orlando. Though really, not all that surprising.

SVG described how the firing of JVG went down. Some real dodgy folks in the FO if it went down like how SVG said.

JVG on the firing of SVG...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4F6HjnnRXQ

The guy definitely has some opinions. :D

Cal827
05-26-2012, 12:11 AM
What a lie...Its amazing how he can sit there and say that after just 3 months ago he was in managements office wanting his coach fired because he is a baby and cant handle a coach yelling at him. I hope Dwight Howard goes somewhere like Toronto so he can see how good he really had it in Orlando. Please Orlando trade this clown

I find this offensive, troll.. Look at how we treated Bosh and how he is now treated in Miami :D

greg_ory_2005
05-26-2012, 12:19 AM

You're getting me excited! Dwight on the Raptors. :jumpy:

dtmagnet
05-26-2012, 12:29 AM

Uhh Toronto is a far better place than Orlando there champ.

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2012, 12:32 AM

me too guy...me too.

RipCity32
05-26-2012, 12:33 AM
Dwight was my favorite player besides from anyone in a Pistons uniform before this year but he is turning into a huge douche.The Orlando Magic have been ran like crap for to long now though so they need to make some big changes anyways.

TO Rapz
05-26-2012, 01:01 AM

:pray: :pray: :pray:

SACNYY
05-26-2012, 01:43 AM
lol @Raptor fans wanting this baby on there team. He'd demand to be trading a week into next season, and then won't want a trade, play another month or so and demand a trade again. Dwight is a clown. SVG>Dwight.

Dade County
05-26-2012, 01:56 AM
It goes with out saying that Howard is not telling the truth.

Howard and this good guy image... smh. Orlando should trade him to a team where he would be hated ( that would show him )... They should ship him to the HEAT so his name would get tarnish daily by the media ( that would show him ).

lol

Cubby
05-26-2012, 02:01 AM

Howard and this good guy image... smh. Orlando should trade him to a team where he would be hated ( that would show him )... They should ship him to the HEAT so his name would get tarnish daily by the media ( that would show him ).

lol

The Miami media and its fans would get down on their knees for Dwight. They'd forget everything and let it all pass by when it happens to them because that's how they are.

Cal827
05-26-2012, 02:14 AM
lol @Raptor fans wanting this baby on there team. He'd demand to be trading a week into next season, and then won't want a trade, play another month or so and demand a trade again. Dwight is a clown. SVG>Dwight.

LOL he's my least favorite player and I don't exactly want him on my team, cause you are probably right.... but he's probably gonna do this on any team he joins though.... except for possibly NJ... would be hilarious to see the team that trades for him go through this, cause the rest of the people in the NBA can basically say "I told you so" all season.

Also can't deny it's dwight freaking Howard.

Cal827
05-26-2012, 02:18 AM

lol

:laugh:

Also to hand out more punishment to stars not acting correctly, Deron Williams should sign for with Miami a minimum level contract too... You are a funny guy Dade :D

Although, I honestly believe that one day, a player in his prime will sign a minimum level contract just to get a ring... and this forum will subsequently blow up.

popo85
05-26-2012, 02:27 AM
You guys are getting the Raptor fans excited and heated up at the same time, The Diva will end up in New Jersey and find faults with there coach too.

Avenged
05-26-2012, 02:32 AM
Bahaha. I still like Dwight as a player, one of my favorite non-laker :D

BlinkManJan02
05-26-2012, 02:37 AM
He's a diva *****, how can anyone be a fan of him after this? he's embarrassing himself.

King41
05-26-2012, 05:33 AM
dwight is the funniest guy out there omg

KG21
05-26-2012, 07:24 AM
I still support DH till the end!

One thing is having best center in NBA at this time and in quite of few games he shoot like less then 10-12 shoots a game. When Hedo, jamer, anderson mostly shoot more then him.
Ok I get it, sometimes they have more shots, but DH should have each game like 20+ attempts at the basket!!! Each game.

And that is SVG fault.

I'm glad that SVG is gone and even if Dh had or didn't have anything to do with his job position I don't care. SVG is a horrible coach, just because he didn't work on DH as main focus on offense and I don't care if you say he is limited, actually he's not.

ManRam
05-26-2012, 08:18 AM
I'm glad that SVG is gone and even if Dh had or didn't have anything to do with his job position I don't care. SVG is a horrible coach, just because he didn't work on DH as main focus on offense and I don't care if you say he is limited, actually he's not.

We're all entitled to our opinions, but it is my opinion that every single sentence you said here is factually incorrect ;)

dtmagnet
05-26-2012, 09:35 AM
We're all entitled to our opinions, but it is my opinion that every single sentence you said here is factually incorrect ;)

It was hard to discern if his post was sarcasm or serious.

dalton749
05-26-2012, 10:29 AM
toronto with dwight would be wayyyyyyyyyyyy better than the squad they have in orlando

monzternipz12
05-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Some of these posters are ripping on DH and rightfully so, but every team would love to have him. I know I would given the Bulls situation. DH is a child stuck in a monsters body, but he's better than any other center in this league and unfortunately his talents bring $ into the stadiums. Teams would still die to have a player like him. And fans may initially hate the idea, but that'll change the moment DH starts winning. Perfect example, Kobe Bryant.

a_dub06
05-26-2012, 11:22 AM
I honestly believe Dwight had no role in the firing of SVG or Otis but probably for different reasons to his own. Otis failed to surround Howard with the right pieces and for that why wouldn't a top player want out. Winning should be and is the be all and end all for these guys, so if a gm fails to surround you with adequate pieces why would you stay?

Its pretty obvious that Howard wants out of Orlando and if the owner and president are stupid enough to listen to a disgruntled player that is already half out the door then that's THEIR fault not Dwights. I like SVG as a coach and always have. It's refreshing to see somebody care so much about the game and I think the NBA needs more passion like that. Players are not in control of those decisions, that's a front office job. Every NBA star needs help. The Lakers achieved nothing when Kobe was without a supporting cast and he almost left because of it. Even the goat himself had great players around him so why should any other star play for a team that fails to put them in the right situation just because some ping pong balls fell a certain way on a particular day.

I have absolutely no hate for the magic or their players and I do not think of this as baiting/trolling. I'm just of the opinion that if a player has the required supporting cast and an adequate contract the player will stay for pretty much their entire career. Stars want rings and money pure and simple. Otis and whoever Clevelands GM was during the Lebron era failed to satisfy both requirements enticing the players to flee to teams with GM's that are willing to do what it takes.

D12 fan
05-26-2012, 11:34 AM
I believe Dwight,why would he lie about firing his coach,and why would the ceo lie.

Byronicle
05-26-2012, 11:37 AM
people are hating on Dwight

but didn't Kobe get Phil Jackson fired, who at the time won 9 championship rings?

Stan Van Gundy is a good coach, but its not like Dwight Howard got the great Phil Jackson fired

torocan
05-26-2012, 12:40 PM
I believe Dwight,why would he lie about firing his coach,and why would the ceo lie.

Why would Dwight lie? To protect his brand. So he doesn't look like the bad guy. So he doesn't reduce his trade value to other teams. So his team mates don't treat him with disdain. So he doesn't get booed.

Why would the CEO lie? To cover his butt. To make the Front Office look better. To protect the image of the Magic organization. To make Dwight look better so he gets a higher trade value. To make Dwight feel better so he increases the chance of retaining Dwight.

The only person that has alot to lose by calling Dwight out is SVG. It could be argued he would have alot MORE to gain by saying nothing about Dwight.

D12 fan
05-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Why would Dwight lie? To protect his brand. So he doesn't look like the bad guy. So he doesn't reduce his trade value to other teams. So his team mates don't treat him with disdain. So he doesn't get booed.

Why would the CEO lie? To cover his butt. To make the Front Office look better. To protect the image of the Magic organization. To make Dwight look better so he gets a higher trade value. To make Dwight feel better so he increases the chance of retaining Dwight.

The only person that has alot to lose by calling Dwight out is SVG. It could be argued he would have alot MORE to gain by saying nothing about Dwight.

Ok Nostrodamus.:eyebrow:

Il Mago50
05-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Dwight is a ****ing prick and a half, just man up and tell it how it is, you`ve totally tarnished any fan support you had, go get a PR rep

D12 fan
05-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Dwight is a ****ing prick and a half, just man up and tell it how it is, you`ve totally tarnished any fan support you had, go get a PR rep

I hate when people assume stuff and have no idea what really happened.Nobody knows what happend so why even bother making this thread.It does nothing but bait people to bash Dwight.

Donuts365
05-26-2012, 02:13 PM
You're getting me excited! Dwight on the Raptors. :jumpy:

lmaooo

torocan
05-26-2012, 02:16 PM
Ok Nostrodamus.:eyebrow:

Nothing to do with being Nostrodamus.

It takes only the most cursory deductive reasoning to determine legitimate motives for Dwight or Martins to lie if Dwight was actually involved. To believe that Dwight and Martins would have NO motive to lie about being involved in the SVG firing if Dwight was involved is ignoring the reality of what motivates people.

If Dwight was involved in getting SVG fired, then the CEO and Dwight have plenty of motive to lie.

I hate when people assume stuff and have no idea what really happened.Nobody knows what happend so why even bother making this thread.It does nothing but bait people to bash Dwight

There is no assumption This complaint makes ZERO sense. SVG said Dwight was involved. SVG said that Dwight was looking to have him fired for some time.

Being the Head Coach of the Magic and the person being Fired is NOT assumption or 2nd hand knowledge, it's information directly from an involved party. JVG went on national radio and said that Dwight was involved in the firing, and called both of them out for not being honest about it.

We KNOW what JVG believes happened because JVG told an entire room full of reporters what he believed happened. That's not assumption, that's information from an involved party.

You can argue that SVG is lying, or you can argue that SVG got it wrong. Either way, it's not assumption, or 2nd hand hearsay.

SVG knows what he thinks happened. He's the person that got fired. So, unless you're going to argue that SVG is less credible than Dwight, or that SVG got it wrong, then SVG is as close to an eyewitness account as you can get.

D12 fan
05-26-2012, 03:36 PM
Why is everybody bashing Dwight,but Kyle Lowry just went public about firing his coach or trade him,yet nobody has called him out?

torocan
05-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Why is everybody bashing Dwight,but Kyle Lowry just went public about firing his coach or trade him,yet nobody has called him out?

Maybe because Lowry isn't being a 2-faced liar about it?

Folks don't get along at work. It happens.

Lowry isn't pretending to be an angel. He doesn't get along with his coach, he's admitting it, and not trying to hide.

If Dwight just came out and said from the beginning that it wasn't working well instead of standing there with a grin while bald-faced lying to the reporters, while he was busy trying to engineer his coach off the team, some folks would dislike him, but they would respect his feelings.

Kyle Lowry is acting like a Man.

Dwight Howard has been acting like a child.

deaner
05-26-2012, 04:11 PM

Lowry isn't pretending to be an angel. He doesn't get along with his coach, he's admitting it, and not trying to hide.

If Dwight just came out and said from the beginning that it wasn't working well instead of standing there with a grin while bald-faced lying to the reporters, while he was busy trying to engineer his coach off the team, some folks would dislike him, but they would respect his feelings.

I don't know, there's another side to that and the truth is we might never know.

Howard might have been very patient about it for a long time. The management have made a lot of bad personnel and signing mistakes. Who knows if Howard had a part in that. It just seems to me like howard has been patient and finally had to escalate the matter and Lowry is flying off the handle. Again... It's only my perception.

One things for certain though. Howard needs to man up about his part in getting SVG fired. Howard can't go back to that locker room now. Not after the other players supported the coach.

D12 fan
05-26-2012, 04:21 PM

Ok you are a Dwight hater and you are officially on my ignore list.

llemon
05-26-2012, 04:26 PM

Why would anybody lie?

deaner
05-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Why would anybody lie?

take one look at Alex Martins and tell me if you trust him?

torocan
05-26-2012, 05:19 PM
I don't know, there's another side to that and the truth is we might never know.

Howard might have been very patient about it for a long time. The management have made a lot of bad personnel and signing mistakes. Who knows if Howard had a part in that. It just seems to me like howard has been patient and finally had to escalate the matter and Lowry is flying off the handle. Again... It's only my perception.

One things for certain though. Howard needs to man up about his part in getting SVG fired. Howard can't go back to that locker room now. Not after the other players supported the coach.

There's always another side to the story.

On the other hand, if Dwight was being all that reasonable, I don't think it's all that likely his team mates would have tossed him under the bus as soon as SVG said anything.

While I doubt it's entirely Dwight's fault (this sort of stuff never is), between SVG, JVG and his teammates calling him out, I have little doubt that Dwight had his hands in it.

The main thing for me is the whole thing smells rotten.

IF Dwight was going to stay, why didn't he push to get SVG fired prior to the trade deadline? He could have just signed a multi-year, SVG would have been fired, and the Magic would have been happily on it's way?

IF Dwight was NOT going to stay, why would he even CARE if SVG was the HC? Why bother pressuring SVG to get fired at all? All he had to do was shut up for the year, play it out and go.

Dwight could have defused the whole thing by saying that he wasn't intending to re-sign to the Magic this year, gone FA or taken a half-season trade and this whole situation would have been done.

Toss in his arm around SVG, all smiles, and saying things were wonderful minutes after SVG acknowledged he'd spent all year trying to get rid of him just leaves a horribly slimey impression.

For him to deny it AFTER SVG was fired makes him look even worse.

And contrary to D12's Dwight loving posts, I don't hate Dwight. I'm just calling it how I see it... which is Dwight is immature and acted like a 2-face.

Sadly, I'm now on his ignore list for posting that. :cry::cry:

chotito
05-26-2012, 05:21 PM
D12 denying? LOL. What a fool.