PDA

View Full Version : Wade taking a lesser role

mrs rose
05-25-2012, 12:33 PM
Goodmorning from missouri,

Heat fans and onlookers of this page i wondered something after speaking to my ex about lebron and wade.

I do believe wade taking a lesser role was a decision made by wade to make this team better.

Not saying wade being the MAN wouldnt be a issue heck has done it before and has actual won a ring doing it.

However i do believe that wade did this to build LEBRONS confidence, with lebrons skill set and body make up i can see why everyone has dubbed him the KING.

But lets be honest in a lot of key moments he hasnt been the king, seems like he shy's away from the moment, or makes questions decisions.

With that being stated i do believe wade understands the game is more mental to lebron than anything else clearly he has the talent but his mental status can be an issue. So wade takes a lesser role (which someone had to do ) to make the team better.

Wade needs lebron to be 100 percent confident, in who he is. So by saying this is no longer his team, and basically giving to the lebron i think showed what kindof leader wade is.

Last night was a clear example that wade can be the MAN and any given time he wants, but do you guys agree that wade took the lesser role to make LEBRON more comfortable, and confident. And that it will make the miami heat something it hasnt been since 2006 the world champions?

MiamiBoy77
05-25-2012, 02:27 PM
41 and 10. That is all

DQL
05-25-2012, 03:08 PM
definitely. wade has clearly taken the backseat to make lebron's transition easier. it's better for the team and better for wade since he can prolong his career. his injuries occur rather often right now. you don't want your lead dog unhealthy

mrs rose
05-25-2012, 07:19 PM
definitely. wade has clearly taken the backseat to make lebron's transition easier. it's better for the team and better for wade since he can prolong his career. his injuries occur rather often right now. you don't want your lead dog unhealthy

im glad you didnt take this the wrong way, no way i doubt his talent last night showed who and what he is..

and all good point sir, one of the miami heat fans on here that i know is really a fan

Jemikz9Clutch
05-25-2012, 11:46 PM
why not? with wade on 30 years old while lebron and bosh is still on their late 20's, it would be ok to me for wade to be the 3rd option so we could utilize bron and bosh more. but i know wade will be there for clutch moments when needed.

naps
05-26-2012, 02:55 AM
I guess it's for the better of this team. Wade is the ultimate unselfish superstar, probably the most unselfish superstar in recent history. The kind of drop off in per game averages he took this year I highly highly doubt any other superstar would do the same in his prime.

But I gotta be honest here. I miss the old flash. For LeBron we all take it for granted that he has big games pretty much 99% of the time because he's unbelievably well-rounded and he could have 30-10-10 and you won't even feel like he's having great game. But as for Wade I have a wish inside me before every Heat game that "Wade, please have a big game tonight. I miss my boy that old flashy Dwyane. I wanna see a vintage Wade game." After seeing him through last three games, specially that last game, I got emotional deep down inside. I just felt like that's the Wade I have been waiting to see for a long time. It felt like game 3 of 2006 historic finals.

I think Wade deferred way too much this year. He almost forgot his own identity. He loves LeBron. We all know it. But I just think Wade should at least play up to his identity and I am sure it wouldn't hurt LeBron's game to the slightest. LeBron is too talented, too great, and a monster. He'll have big games regardless of Wade being Wade or not.

mrs rose
05-26-2012, 11:52 AM
I guess it's for the better of this team. Wade is the ultimate unselfish superstar, probably the most unselfish superstar in recent history. The kind of drop off in per game averages he took this year I highly highly doubt any other superstar would do the same in his prime.

But I gotta be honest here. I miss the old flash. For LeBron we all take it for granted that he has big games pretty much 99% of the time because he's unbelievably well-rounded and he could have 30-10-10 and you won't even feel like he's having great game. But as for Wade I have a wish inside me before every Heat game that "Wade, please have a big game tonight. I miss my boy that old flashy Dwyane. I wanna see a vintage Wade game." After seeing him through last three games, specially that last game, I got emotional deep down inside. I just felt like that's the Wade I have been waiting to see for a long time. It felt like game 3 of 2006 historic finals.

I think Wade deferred way too much this year. He almost forgot his own identity. He loves LeBron. We all know it. But I just think Wade should at least play up to his identity and I am sure it wouldn't hurt LeBron's game to the slightest. LeBron is too talented, too great, and a monster. He'll have big games regardless of Wade being Wade or not.

i feel the same about wade, ive always been a fan of the heat since the rony s days.. but to see a guy with the talent wade has was far from miami, we had zo and timmy but neither one of them was drafted by miami.

wade put the city on his back and became the king of miami. never a basketball city wade changed the outloook of the city, and got us two other guys to make us contenders for years.

this year i wonder was he hurt, this didnt seem like the wade i know. the media for most part really downplays who wade is. but lebron being who he is, i always notice something weird about him even when in cleveland he is also very unselfish. but after the spurs series i really saw he lost some of swagger started a mental fall that when even saw in last years finals.

i really believe wade did this to help the team, and this gives me more reason to love him

3ballbomber
05-27-2012, 05:19 AM
Goodmorning from missouri,

Heat fans and onlookers of this page i wondered something after speaking to my ex about lebron and wade.

I do believe wade taking a lesser role was a decision made by wade to make this team better.

Not saying wade being the MAN wouldnt be a issue heck has done it before and has actual won a ring doing it.

However i do believe that wade did this to build LEBRONS confidence, with lebrons skill set and body make up i can see why everyone has dubbed him the KING.

But lets be honest in a lot of key moments he hasnt been the king, seems like he shy's away from the moment, or makes questions decisions.

With that being stated i do believe wade understands the game is more mental to lebron than anything else clearly he has the talent but his mental status can be an issue. So wade takes a lesser role (which someone had to do ) to make the team better.

Wade needs lebron to be 100 percent confident, in who he is. So by saying this is no longer his team, and basically giving to the lebron i think showed what kindof leader wade is.

Last night was a clear example that wade can be the MAN and any given time he wants, but do you guys agree that wade took the lesser role to make LEBRON more comfortable, and confident. And that it will make the miami heat something it hasnt been since 2006 the world champions?
My thoughts exactly about Wade surrendering the leadership role to Lebron. nothing will get Lebron more confident than being told by Wade that this is now his team. But let's see if it actually will bode well for them.

3ballbomber
05-27-2012, 05:28 AM

That's part of the deal you get when you recruit a ball dominant player like Lebron into your team who also plays more mins.

This will hurt Wade's legacy wether you like it or not. his numbers have fallen apart from his shooting % (but that was inevitably gonna go up w/ Lebron also getting as much attention on the floor). Like you, I also miss flash. Real fans of Heat and Wade know what he is capable of and it's very dissappointing to not see him put up stats that he would be achieving if he lead his own team.

For me it's far more sweeter when Wade carries the team on his own and achieving what many thought would never happen - much like that 2006 Championship! That was just awesome! Now he is expected to achieve big things, he's no longer that angry player that had something to prove to everybody and right now only time will tell again if he can deliver it this year.

Give me Flash the team leader any time over what i see now. but that's me.

naps
05-27-2012, 01:00 PM
I have a feeling Wade is gonna keep this up until he makes sure we hoist the trophy. He ain't letting LeBron or the team or us fans be disappointed two years in a row. Let's just hope he stays healthy throughout.

Just a question: What's sweeter? Wade's acrobatic layups through 3/4 defenders or his fadeaway bank shot using the glass? I always used to think it was his finishes on the rim cutting through so many defenders. But after seeing him hit so many bank shots in last game it made me think I haven't seen that in a while as well and that was also right up there with my fav plays. He's prime Tim Duncan of guards when it comes to using the glass.

mrs rose
05-28-2012, 10:31 AM
I have a feeling Wade is gonna keep this up until he makes sure we hoist the trophy. He ain't letting LeBron or the team or us fans be disappointed two years in a row. Let's just hope he stays healthy throughout.

Just a question: What's sweeter? Wade's acrobatic layups through 3/4 defenders or his fadeaway bank shot using the glass? I always used to think it was his finishes on the rim cutting through so many defenders. But after seeing him hit so many bank shots in last game it made me think I haven't seen that in a while as well and that was also right up there with my fav plays. He's prime Tim Duncan of guards when it comes to using the glass.

i love wade he really would do anything for this team/city. same goes for UD, ZO, AND PAT RILEY