PDA

View Full Version : D-Rose, from MVP to...

JasonJohnHorn
05-25-2012, 10:41 AM
Last year it seemed Rose was on a tear. He posted career highs in several catagories, most notably scoring (25+ per game), won the MVP, was the leader of the team with the best record and got all the way to the conference finals, where the Bulls hadn't been since 98! This year, he struggled through injuries but still proved he was among the best in the league, however, when the MVP voting came in, nobody had voted for him. A steep drop from having won the award last year, and coupled with that, he failed to even make an All-NBA team. Has anybody ever won the league MVP one season only to fail to make an All-NBA team the following year? I understand he was playing through injuries and his production wasn't where it was a year ago, but it just seems strange to me.

Thoughts?

KnickVeteran
05-25-2012, 10:49 AM
Would you want Derrick Rose on your team?

droalex
05-25-2012, 10:49 AM
He was injured.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Last year it seemed Rose was on a tear. He posted career highs in several catagories, most notably scoring (25+ per game), won the MVP, was the leader of the team with the best record and got all the way to the conference finals, where the Bulls hadn't been since 98! This year, he struggled through injuries but still proved he was among the best in the league, however, when the MVP voting came in, nobody had voted for him. A steep drop from having won the award last year, and coupled with that, he failed to even make an All-NBA team. Has anybody ever won the league MVP one season only to fail to make an All-NBA team the following year? I understand he was playing through injuries and his production wasn't where it was a year ago, but it just seems strange to me.

Thoughts?

You answer the question yourself multiple times. He only played 39 games this year. How does the question seem strange to you?

Patman
05-25-2012, 11:00 AM
Players that miss 40+% of the games in a season are not in the discussion for MVP and all NBA teams because they didn't play enough games. What did you expect a guy that played 39 games this season to have a shot at the MVP or any ALL NBA Team?

Don't expect to much for next season too if he then comes back for that season.

dnewguy
05-25-2012, 11:19 AM
:facepalm:

beardown78
05-25-2012, 11:25 AM
From MVP to role player, is that what you wanna hear. You do watch basketball right? You realize he missed A big portion of the season due to injuries.

Vincent
05-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Which will make the comeback even sweeter. :)

Chi StateOfMind
05-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Ppl cant be this stupid.. Really...

Wade>You
05-25-2012, 11:27 AM
It's tough to stand a chance at anything when you're injured.

beardown78
05-25-2012, 11:29 AM

It never ceases to amaze me some of the stupidity on this forum

JordansBulls
05-25-2012, 11:29 AM

Thoughts?

Why don't you look it up?

Bill Walton won league mvp in 1978 and didn't make it in 1979 because he didn't play due to injury.

Wes Unseld won it in 1969 and never even made anohter all nba team.

Mosesmoreno#1
05-25-2012, 11:31 AM
Is this guy serious? :facepalm:

Gritz
05-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Built like a wet paper bag

tredigs
05-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Sometimes I think you make threads just to make them johnhorn; you make me want to use the facepalm feature more times than I can count.

What don't you get? He was injured for a vast portion of the season in a league that is as strong at the point guard position as any point in history. Actually, stronger. Tony Parker was INCREDIBLE this season and did not make an All NBA team (which was a complete joke to have Rondo ahead of him - TP was arguably the best overall. But that's another issue).

Will Rose ever match his success of last season is another question all together, but if you don't understand the fall off due to countless injuries then I can't help you bud.

torocan
05-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Rose missed too many games.

Nothing to see here.

Mosesmoreno#1
05-25-2012, 11:35 AM

I think the TS takes the cake.

sep11ie
05-25-2012, 11:35 AM
Dang dude, you should write for ESPN.

Mosesmoreno#1
05-25-2012, 11:40 AM
Chris chase the yahoo! Sports blogger has some major competition.

LongIslandIcedZ
05-25-2012, 11:42 AM
If he misses 40 games next year the "injury prone" talks can start. He was injured this year, I have no doubt he would match last years production if he was 100%

haggis
05-25-2012, 11:47 AM
If he misses 40 games next year the "injury prone" talks can start.

I get what you're trying to say, but he will miss 40 games next year due to rehab from the ACL. Earliest he's back is the ASG, IMO.

Maybe in 2014 we can talk about being injury prone.

naps
05-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Jesus...This JasonJohnHorn guy has a tendency of creating some really controversial threads...more like bait threads. He creates a lot of threads and most of them are like this. This is clearly either a bait thread or he doesn't follow NBA at all.

Even I don't like the Bulls but Rose wasn't healthy for god's sake. How would he be considered for any all-nba teams or any MVP votes? How can you not get it?

sharqstealth
05-25-2012, 11:52 AM
...the next Penny Hardaway...

Ezio
05-25-2012, 11:55 AM
David West seems to be doing okay :shrug:

celtNYpatsHeels
05-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Well first off, Rose shouldnt have won MVP in my opinion so I would look at this a little differently.... however the reason for Rose's falloff is clearly injuries. He was banged up the entire year with different ailments, and ultimately suffered a pretty severe injury for a player that relies on athletecism as such a huge part of his game.

The bigger question is weather Rose will be able to return to pre-ACL tear form.

celtNYpatsHeels
05-25-2012, 12:01 PM
David West seems to be doing okay :shrug:

David West also doesnt rely on speed, quickness, explosiveness, and athletecism as 85% of his game

kozelkid
05-25-2012, 12:16 PM
David West also doesnt rely on speed, quickness, explosiveness, and athletecism as 85% of his game

ACL is not what affects a player's speed, quickness, explosiveness, and athleticism. Good try though.

Not to mention, recovery process from ACL tear has a significantly higher chance of being success (in the 90s) since only the last 10 years or so.

Ezio
05-25-2012, 12:20 PM

Of course not because that's not what he gets paid to do. Rose will be fine. He'll work on his jumper and post work.

Mosesmoreno#1
05-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Well first off, Rose shouldnt have won MVP in my opinion so I would look at this a little differently.... however the reason for Rose's falloff is clearly injuries. He was banged up the entire year with different ailments, and ultimately suffered a pretty severe injury for a player that relies on athletecism as such a huge part of his game.

The bigger question is weather Rose will be able to return to pre-ACL tear form.

Wow I didn't know people were still debating about rose winning the MVP last year. Give it up man. He won already, he single handedly took the bulls to the ECF last year on a sprained ankle and a crappy shooting % and still got it done. This years playoffs validates it even more. Tears his ACL, bulls get bumped by an 8 seed. I don't get why people still don't understand the meaning of MVP. It's not the best player in the league award, it's most valuable to the team award. Take him off the team, what happens?

Mosesmoreno#1
05-25-2012, 12:50 PM
ACL is not what affects a player's speed, quickness, explosiveness, and athleticism. Good try though.

Not to mention, recovery process from ACL tear has a significantly higher chance of being success (in the 90s) since only the last 10 years or so.

Yeah you are right my man...but the ACL is the main ligament involving lateral movements. D.rose's crossovers were his killer iso move. :(

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-25-2012, 12:51 PM
this thread is a failure

Blitzbolt
05-25-2012, 12:53 PM
He needs to chance his style of play he won't last long playing like he does.

Kashmir13579
05-25-2012, 12:55 PM
NBA forum is on a roll today.

kozelkid
05-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Yeah you are right my man...but the ACL is the main ligament involving lateral movements. D.rose's crossovers were his killer iso move. :(

Well ya. It needs to be healthy for him to even perform. However, given the high success of rehab recently, it should be fine. And tearing an ACL literally has nothing to do with a player's explosiveness.

BullySixChicago
05-25-2012, 01:05 PM

Thoughts?

It seems strange to you? Maybe you should use what small knowledge of the situation to rethink the reason why Rose was impacted by all the awards and teams you mention. Apparently you think his abundance of injuries had anything to do with his votes for anything?

I am amazed that you would think a fall from grace is due to anything but his injuries.

72 Wins
05-25-2012, 01:13 PM
I vote to BAN the OP.

shep33
05-25-2012, 01:22 PM
I rarely do this but here it goes... :facepalm:

beardown4243
05-25-2012, 01:26 PM
I vote to BAN the OP.

He's either baiting, or just an idiot...either way I second your vote.

justinnum1
05-25-2012, 01:40 PM
:facepalm:

Mosesmoreno#1
05-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Well ya. It needs to be healthy for him to even perform. However, given the high success of rehab recently, it should be fine. And tearing an ACL literally has nothing to do with a player's explosiveness.

True that but you know next year all of us are gonna freak out the moment he drives hard to the basket. I know I will for sure.